Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lights went out so ric wouldn’t take the bump with the kick

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I was going to say "why are they doing the lights flickering during this? You know damn well the punk kids aren't going to interfere in this", but now I see. It's to hide the punt kick since Rick would probably really die if he did. Not the best for ratings. Even I'm not that cold.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked the contract signing quite a bit. I thought there was a lot to cover and Joe, Rollins, and Mysterio all covered the appropriate bases. Mysterio seems to be getting a little more comfortable on the mic as well. Couldn't care less about Carrillo so the match itself was blah, but it didn't make a lick of sense why Joe (or anyone, for that matter) didn't do anything to help save Mysterio after the match, especially for as long as the beating went. Rollins was fantastic with the beating and Mysterio took that like a champ.

Dawkins just doesn't really do anything for me without Ford. He's fine but I don't see a whole lot there. Bianca, however, is absolutely legit. She's an absolute specimen in the ring and has so much potential. Did they just hate that Bianca and Zelina enhanced their story with the brawl on Twitch over the weekend? Would seem smart to air that footage to add more context to the hatred. Zelina hasn't wrestled much in a while but she was pretty good during the match.

Feels like Crews is in his groove now. I think he's more fluid and comfortable on the mic. I'm glad he's just staying in his wheelhouse and being calm and cool when he speaks. There's a certain sense of charisma you need to have to still be someone you can get behind when you're as gifted as he is in the ring, and he's been able to pull it off to this point. I don't get why they bothered having Benjamin pinning Crews. That's just stupid booking.

I'll be curious to see how they plan to really differentiate the Mean Girls gimmick between Natalya/Lana and The IIconics because it feels like there's potential for redundancy there. I guess one will use social media as a catalyst for putdowns and the other won't.

"R-Truth is a 38-time 24/7 champion" is a hell of a line, haha. It probably needs to move to '3/1' for the name of the title now, though.

With Raw Underground, the camera cuts have to be a bit at this point. Kevin Dunn can't seriously think that's good and appealing. If he does, he needs to be drug tested and given a psychiatric evaluation. There were seriously portions where there had to be at least 8-10 cuts within 10 seconds of TV time. That's absurd. I was curious to see if women were going to get involved but Shayna was always going to be someone who looked great in that setting if they went that route.

I can't believe they actually gave a clean finish to a really good women's match. Someone was asleep at the wheel when it came to booking that match because logic reigned supreme. The finish was kind of sudden but it played off the fact both of them were catching the other off guard with good counters.

Orton/Owens almost floated into the old style of Orton matches with the methodic nature but they didn't veer off the road too much. I'm not sure if I liked how it felt like Owens was pretty much setting the tone and up on the match before the break and it completely flipped after. Some more actual back and forth could have been fun. I did like Owens using the Orton taunt prior to eating the RKO.

That was some pretty heavy stuff between Orton and Flair after the break. Orton couldn't resist doing the dirtiest player in the game dirty like he did. The lights flickering via Retribution was a pretty clever way to get out outright punting Flair. They're really doing well to set the stage between Orton and McIntyre. The stare McIntyre gave to Orton was pretty fantastic.

Something needs be said: Flair has been pretty strong in his talking role since he realigned with Orton. If you remember a few years back, you couldn't fathom Flair being part a live talking segment, no matter the length. He's been coherent and energetic since he came back around. He had no business being here during the circumstances, but he added value.

Third go round of Retribution? They sucked ass.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The line randy said you wish I was the son you never had was really in bad taste with his son dying can’t believe ric let him use that line

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wish you were the poster we never had rom

*bahdumtsh*

jokes....

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Retribution angle just seems too kiddish, immature, and a Nexus ripoff. This thing could've been so much better. But that's what happens when you book on the fly.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really digging the Seth/Dom stuff. When it comes to Seth, I think he finally has his look down w/ his attire... but his music is just not him, and the Monday Night Messiah thing is just so corny.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    Seeing Summerslam '92 was a little sad in that I realized most of the guys on the card are gone: Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, British Bulldog, Ultimate Warrior, Mean Gene, Hawk, Kamala (which they weirdly didn't show on the Fox sports version), the Brain. Even the Fink. Funny how Flair probably did more drugs and shit than all of them combined and is still kicking.
    Can add Savage, Crush and Earthquake to that list. Just to make you feel worse...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    This Retribution angle just seems too kiddish, immature, and a Nexus ripoff. This thing could've been so much better. But that's what happens when you book on the fly.
    It feels like one way to salvage it, based on what we've seen, is the real group "comes in" and knocks them out and then really causes havoc. What we see from them just looks like high schoolers who like wrestling just messing with WWE.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the logic. Preview last week said "a new faction is going to debut"

If this faction is all about causing chaos and disruption as they seem to be, why promote them in the first place. Kills the whole spontaneity point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also the logic. Preview last week said "a new faction is going to debut"

If this faction is all about causing chaos and disruption as they seem to be, why promote them in the first place. Kills the whole spontaneity point.
    Exactly. didn't they give them their own video package last night? They shouldn't be hyping them up, they shouldn't want to even discuss them. but yeah they all seem like a bunch of women and cruiserweights.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Retribution thing needs to just get bulldozed by the roster and be never spoken of again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all a lot of tonal dissonance. So you've got a show that features vandals and apparently the toughest people on the show beating the crap out of each other with very little rules...yet neither wants to deal with the other?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It's all a lot of tonal dissonance. So you've got a show that features vandals and apparently the toughest people on the show beating the crap out of each other with very little rules...yet neither wants to deal with the other?
    Exactly. You have an entire facility full of what you call SUPERSTARS that are larger than life, but they're nowhere to be seen to defend their house? WWE has been hit w/ a huge curveball in this pandemic, no doubt. However, now that they've lost the huge crowd aspect of their show, it's proven how lazy and cheap their show actually is. Ninjas? Antifa knockoffs? What are we doing here?

If and when this whole shitshow of a pandemic starts to dwindle away, WWE needs a complete and total overhaul from the ground up. And I've been saying that for God knows how long now. The product looks like shit, the booking is a joke, and the presentation is pathetic.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And yet here I sit, absolutely loving each RAW, NXT and Smackdown week after week. Thinking they are mediocre to great. I'm excited to see what Retribution is about, I'm excited to see where RAW Underground leads. It keeps me hooked for next week, and for the first time in a long time I cannot wait for Mondays. I don't think WWE needs an overhaul at all. They need to continue doing what they are doing because I think they are knocking it out of the park.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    And yet here I sit, absolutely loving each RAW, NXT and Smackdown week after week. Thinking they are mediocre to great. I'm excited to see what Retribution is about, I'm excited to see where RAW Underground leads. It keeps me hooked for next week, and for the first time in a long time I cannot wait for Mondays. I don't think WWE needs an overhaul at all. They need to continue doing what they are doing because I think they are knocking it out of the park.
    Well said, Donald, and welcome back. For as long as wrestling has been on TV, there have always been some angles that work better than others, and mediocre to great describes it perfectly. WWE is a highlight of my week, with all of the crap we have to deal with in real life, this is an escape that I get to enjoy, and I look forward to it.

Randy and Drew have outdone themselves in this buildup.

Seth is going out of his way to make us hate him, and in the process he is making us care more about several others on the roster. Murphy is way more interesting than he's ever been, we are intrigued by the inevitable Samoa Joe eruption, Dominik is showing a lot of fire, guts, and potential. And this was just the one segment!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Well said, Donald, and welcome back. For as long as wrestling has been on TV, there have always been some angles that work better than others, and mediocre to great describes it perfectly. WWE is a highlight of my week, with all of the crap we have to deal with in real life, this is an escape that I get to enjoy, and I look forward to it.

Randy and Drew have outdone themselves in this buildup.

Seth is going out of his way to make us hate him, and in the process he is making us care more about several others on the roster. Murphy is way more interesting than he's ever been, we are intrigued by the inevitable Samoa Joe eruption, Dominik is showing a lot of fire, guts, and potential. And this was just the one segment!
    You can throw in The Hurt Business as something to watch. I never cared about MVP in his prior run, and when he returned I groaned at first, but man he might be the best on the mic on the current roster. Plus it gives Shelton Benjamin something to do and he was floundering ever since he came back. Before this the only thing I remember from him was Lesnar tossing him out at the Rumble.

Some complain Retribution are too small, but man even if Warwick Davis chased after me with a crowbar, I'd get out of his way.

RAW wasn't always great, the shows were a struggle to get through, but I don't know, sometime in the past month or so, it just feels different. I don't know if it's new writers or what, but I'm loving the direction they are currently going in. I'm actually pumped for SummerSlam.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I will agree that MVP has really come into his own with this Hurt Business gimmick, I can't say he's the best on the mic of the current roster, because Randy Orton has owned the mic ever since he got super hot with Edge's return. But the best mic worker on the entire current active roster is without a doubt Bayley. The Hurt Business has been what Lashley and Shelton Benjamin have both needed for some time.

I am really hoping they unmask the Retribution gang, to find another use for the cinematic technology - every member will be unmasked to be Hornswoggle. Hornswoggles are everywhere, and they can be mean!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Can add Savage, Crush and Earthquake to that list. Just to make you feel worse...
    Oh yeah. In fact, not sure of the timeline of how it all went down, but I remember when Crush went heel and he dropped Savage on the top of the ring barricade and "lacerated his tongue". Say goodbye to the good old day, as the theme song goes, eh?

I just had a thought about Retribution. Have them run into Tozawa's ninjas. They tussle. During the fray, Truth shows up for some random reason and he gets rolled up by an anarchist. They're 24/7 champ. They run around. Some time later, while retribution is causing a ruckus, said 24/7 champ gets rolled up by "one of their own", which is actually Truth dressed as one of them. Makes sense considering he just did that this week pretending to be a ninja, and they have the same outfits. Really lean in to all the goofiness.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    Oh yeah. In fact, not sure of the timeline of how it all went down, but I remember when Crush went heel and he dropped Savage on the top of the ring barricade and "lacerated his tongue". Say goodbye to the good old day, as the theme song goes, eh?

I just had a thought about Retribution. Have them run into Tozawa's ninjas. They tussle. During the fray, Truth shows up for some random reason and he gets rolled up by an anarchist. They're 24/7 champ. They run around. Some time later, while retribution is causing a ruckus, said 24/7 champ gets rolled up by "one of their own", which is actually Truth dressed as one of them. Makes sense considering he just did that this week pretending to be a ninja, and they have the same outfits. Really lean in to all the goofiness.
    Not a bad idea, except that Truth is twice the size of the Retribution Hornswoggles.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of them will magically turn into Dijakovic. Everything else is CGI. Don't question it.

There are some undersized that could be part of a good group. Tomasso comes to mind. They wouldn't be the four horsemen, but there could be a place for a group of skilled performers that are undersized, ala the Radicals.

but do something quick, because I agree that they look like rambunctious 15 year olds right now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiampa has been vocal about not wanting to go to main roster.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Chiampa has been vocal about not wanting to go to main roster.
    Fair enough. But not like he wasn't going to spend some time there when he was champ, and they brought him, Ricochet, alistair, and johnny together to main shows for a bit.

Might feel differently.

But more he was an example of the the type of guy who would be good in a Radicals like stable

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Fair enough. But not like he wasn't going to spend some time there when he was champ, and they brought him, Ricochet, alistair, and johnny together to main shows for a bit.

Might feel differently.

But more he was an example of the the type of guy who would be good in a Radicals like stable
    I appreciate them trying to do multiple, intersecting segments at the same time. But there method of doing it kinda shits on both Drew and the Mickie/Nattie match. Although Drew has other segments to make up for that.
    Why wasn’t that interference by Nia an immediate disqualification like what happened a few weeks ago, ah, nevermind. I wonder though, that now that they said Asuka would be challenging for the belts separately, I wonder if they’ll have Asuka win over Bayley. But then Sasha wins over Asuka and Sasha is the Triple Champion. Makes Bayley furious. Since they mentioned the tag titles for Payback, then have them lose those titles first due to “not on same page” and then they implode. Sasha loses one belt, but not the other. And then they fight over that by October or Novemember for Survivor Series. WILL THEIR FRIENDSHIP SURVIVE?
    I’m glad MVP acknowledge the clown act and the ninjas. Now, if Shelton doesn’t get rolled up after one hit and lose the garbage title, I’ll be surprised.
    It looks like that’s what they’re going to go with Apollo, Cedric, Richochet, and Ali. Except they’re vanilla.
    Ah, so it looks like they’re going to go with Bayzler’s homies from before. I like this.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple Champion? I hope not. That's way too much gold for one person to have.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a LOT of short matches. Likely the most egregious form of that was the "main event" match. Ford/Andrade should be something to build off of over a long period of time and this wasn't even that good of an appetizer...because it was so short.

The lazy, copycat writing reared its ugly head from Friday to Monday but it had some positives. McIntyre was protecting the brand from the face side, which is what you want to see. That means it should be relatively promising that Big E was in that role on Friday. Rollins' character didn't exactly fit as the questioner to McIntyre. Corbin was in that role on Friday. While it didn't fit for Rollins in a character sense, he fit as a top heel. Corbin certainly doesn't fit for that role.

I have no idea why Demi Burnett is still around. Her acting is terrible, and she's got makeup all over her teeth.

New week, new opportunity for shitty officiating with the women. There wasn't a DQ for the Nia interference? Okay, then.The booking of Bayley matches is getting odd. She's lost three of the last five matches she's been in, with two of them being against non-No. 1 contenders. Seems unnecessary.

They ran out of material with the US title feud so they seem to be interested in creating a storyline out of Cedric Alexander and wondering if he's going to turn. Good for him, and I guess it could lead to something on Sunday. I'm surprised this story has played out as long as it has and has involved someone so low on the totem pole.

It's unfortunate to see that Raw Underground has suffered the fate of many WWE matches where they opt not to make someone a winner when they actually control the setting like they did with Ruas/Moss.

Feels like the segment with Flair last week was a better go-home segment for McIntyre/Orton than this week but this week's setup wasn't bad.

Two questions: Do we have a reason why Raw Underground is magically happening in the third hour - as in, have we been told why this is happening? It's a dramatic shift in programming but we as the viewer haven't been told why it's actually happening, I think. Why would WWE outright promote being attacked by a group of rogues by replaying how inept they are at protecting their own programming?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince claims that he's high on Bayley, but then books her like crap. The only conceivable reason for Shayna to beat Bayley is that Asuka is winning the Smackdown title on Sunday. That way Shayna can justify being the #1 Contender. I hope that doesn't happen. I'd much rather see someone new dethrone Bayley. And not having a DQ in the match just continues to prove that nothing matters in this company.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yep, holding two titles, one for a very long time is being booked like crap.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just standard champ losing non-title matches like they nearly always do. Bayley’s had it great and gets it done when it count in singles and tag title matches and some clean victories so not going to complain.

I don’t know if this is the start of a potential split but enjoying the ride of the Golden Role Models while it lasts.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty standard effective heel booking. Lose when it doesn't matter but win when it does, make the fans think you don't deserve to be champ and that you could lose at any time but then clinch it when the title's on the line to piss them off (often thanks to dastardly tactics). Brag all the while about how great you are and how you get it done when it counts. Then one of the time's when the title's on the line and you try your heelish schemes, they backfire and you lose and the people rejoice.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Pretty standard effective heel booking. Lose when it doesn't matter but win when it does, make the fans think you don't deserve to be champ and that you could lose at any time but then clinch it when the title's on the line to piss them off (often thanks to dastardly tactics). Brag all the while about how great you are and how you get it done when it counts. Then one of the time's when the title's on the line and you try your heelish schemes, they backfire and you lose and the people rejoice.
    Exactemundo.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Speaking of heels, how's Dexter's ankle coming along?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in general - If the losses were actually more meaningful or felt like that actually mattered in the sense that it was a big deal to see them lose by their reactions or commentary putting it over, then I'd but into your line of thinking. It just all floats together or crumbles based on their lack of fundamental storytelling.

I think we're also seeing that WWE doesn't trust itself or doesn't trust the audience to buy into more characters other than the top dog of a given program. That might be the case more in the sense of the females but it was Becky dominating TV time as the champ, Charlotte dominating by being all of the brands, and now Bayley/Sasha. When Bayley and Sasha go down, I'm not exactly seeing a lot of ready-made women who are ready to fill up the time. They have women, yes, but a lot of them are just stuck in neutral because Sasha and Bayley are consuming all of the space.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 18th, 2020 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do kinda agree with that too. When this Naomi movement started I thought she might have been the one to challenge Bayley.

Multiple belt winners and that have been entertaining but it’s coming at the sacrifice of others. Asuka’s phenomenal but they shouldn’t push it.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of heels, how's Dexter's ankle coming along?
    He posted a new pic on IG and wasn't wearing a boot or anything, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not had any official update on Jason Jordan. How’s his recovery going and is he still with the company?

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted about it in the other thread. He's a producer.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted about it in the other thread. He's a producer.
    Got it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just standard champ losing non-title matches like they nearly always do. Bayley’s had it great and gets it done when it count in singles and tag title matches and some clean victories so not going to complain.

I don’t know if this is the start of a potential split but enjoying the ride of the Golden Role Models while it lasts.
    If Asuka had been the one to beat Bayley, then that would have fit with this type of storytelling. Classic scenario of the babyface getting the win in a non-title match and then losing the title match at the PPV. However, Shayna getting the win throws this out the window since she hasn't really been in the title picture. They're definitely setting up something between Baszler and Asuka because of how the Battle Royal ended. Either Asuka's winning one of the belts at SummerSlam or she and Shayna will continue to be a thorn in the side of the Golden Role Models.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Asuka had been the one to beat Bayley, then that would have fit with this type of storytelling. Classic scenario of the babyface getting the win in a non-title match and then losing the title match at the PPV. However, Shayna getting the win throws this out the window since she hasn't really been in the title picture. They're definitely setting up something between Baszler and Asuka because of how the Battle Royal ended. Either Asuka's winning one of the belts at SummerSlam or she and Shayna will continue to be a thorn in the side of the Golden Role Models.
    Shayna specifically said she had her eye on the Raw women’s title. Yeah she beat Bayley the PPV before but that could also mean Bayley’s retaining due to help from Sasha and Sasha might end up getting screwed due to reciprocal lack of help from Bayley. Unwritten rule lose before PPV and all that. That win could mean Shayna’s a contender even if is for t’other belt.

Just gonna wait and see how this plays out before moaning.
    Last edited by Badger; August 18th, 2020 at 5:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shayna specifically said she had her eye on the Raw women’s title. Yeah she beat Bayley the PPV before but that could also mean Bayley’s retaining due to help from Bayley and Sasha might end up getting screwed due to reciprocal lack of help from Bayley. Unwritten rule lose before PPV and all that. That win could mean Shayna’s a contender even if is for t’other belt.

Just gonna wait and see how this plays out before moaning.
    You're right, Bayley's chances of retaining do go up after losing on TV. Sasha has a pretty bad track record defending singles titles on the main roster, so she would be my pick to lose on Sunday. I can't wait to see Bayley retain with help from Bayley

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, Bayley's chances of retaining do go up after losing on TV. Sasha has a pretty bad track record defending singles titles on the main roster, so she would be my pick to lose on Sunday. I can't wait to see Bayley retain with help from Bayley
    Meant Sasha and edited but you get the point lol.

Bayley’s had a great run and she’s hardly the worst one getting screwed here. Lot of things to blame in the women’s division but Bayley isn’t one of them.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much more good treatment does Bayley need since her heel turn? Jumping up to the main roster from NXT yes I could see the argument there but she’s gone on a long women’s title run. It is still much better. Have the wins always been clean? No but that is what heels do.

Saying that they still need to build up competition better and agree on that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky was the undisputed top woman in the company for a solid year. Bayley's been champ for an entire year, but the majority of her run was forgettable. She didn't start building momentum until March/April. I'd like to see Bayley get treatment similar to Becky, so next 'Mania is a good time for her comeuppance. But that's just me.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky was the undisputed top woman in the company for a solid year. Bayley's been champ for an entire year, but the majority of her run was forgettable. She didn't start building momentum until March/April. I'd like to see Bayley get treatment similar to Becky, so next 'Mania is a good time for her comeuppance. But that's just me.
    To be honest that’s not going to happen any time soon. For one Becky’s married in the business with a fellow big star in Rollins so they’ll capitalise on that. Two Becky rebelled against the biggest female star in the company in Charlotte. Meant to be heel but the fans loved it so much she went face by default.

If Bayley was still face then rebelled against someone like Charlotte then possibly but Becky just happened to get the right break at the right time. It would be nice to see Bayley on video game covers, magazine covers like Becky etc but being the heel side of the coin she has still done wonders. Sasha too since joining up. The problem is since Becky’s gone and outside Asuka, they don’t have any decent face women they can build up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest that’s not going to happen any time soon. For one Becky’s married in the business with a fellow big star in Rollins so they’ll capitalise on that. Two Becky rebelled against the biggest female star in the company in Charlotte. Meant to be heel but the fans loved it so much she went face by default.

If Bayley was still face then rebelled against someone like Charlotte then possibly but Becky just happened to get the right break at the right time. It would be nice to see Bayley on video game covers, magazine covers like Becky etc but being the heel side of the coin she has still done wonders. Sasha too since joining up. The problem is since Becky’s gone and outside Asuka, they don’t have any decent face women they can build up.
    Bianca and Liv.

The sad part is they tried but it was incredibly half-hearted or extremely delayed.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/sta...370958336?s=20

Bayley is just the best heel

that is all

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley is consistently great but Shayna’s work here is the fucking best by a mile this year (with Heyman’s help and he’s gone, cheers for that Vince) and scratches my head why Vince made her disappear for months:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley is the GOAT!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah but she's had the title for a long time, how dare Vince book her that poorly.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley is lovely but Shayna has line of the year there. Definitely needed a crowd for heat.

Shayna destroyed everyone in EC and Becky even pushed for her to go over her at Mania. Vince sucks.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nah, Vince is a genius. His only mistake is not pushing Tony Nese.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, Vince is a genius. His only mistake is not pushing Tony Nese.
    He probably had at least 8 reasons not to.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good body and athletic but otherwise the most boring person on the roster. Zero character. Why else should I or anyone else care about him?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bayley needs some Ice Cream Sandwiches, dammit

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good body and athletic but otherwise the most boring person on the roster. Zero character. Why else should I or anyone else care about him?
    Premier athlete, damn good in the ring, 8 pack should inspire people to get in shape. Former CW champion. Should be feuding with El Phantom or whatever his name is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I men Apollo is boring as shit and he's getting a push...

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are rumblings about Shane McMahon replacing Bruce Prichard on RAW's creative.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are rumblings about Shane McMahon replacing Bruce Prichard on RAW's creative.
    If true, two observations
    1. Vince might not believe in anyone younger than 50 to be able to have a vision for the company or someone who is an outsider.
    2. Triple H must not want absolutely nothing to do with these roles, rather implied directly or indirectly.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are supposed to believe that Raw Underground is a version of fight club where the only rule is you have to fight, then when Nia ducked Shayna, Shane should have told everyone to pile on Nia to throw her back to Shayna.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the keith lee debut

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haystacks jax

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why in the heck did they change’s lee’s theme

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE must be getting off on the idea of doing stuff in Gorilla now. Either that or they're not really happy with what they have built for backstage sets yet. Those punt kicks really didn't look like they did much of an impact but it certainly hammered the point home that Orton wasn't done by the fact he did it twice. I would have liked it if McIntyre talked more about the fact that he's proven he's a champs champ and is ready for a new challenge rather than belaboring the point that he would take more from Orton, someone he cleanly beat the night before.

It'd be a shame if Black lost his rise-up entrance. It was a nice touch to see him apprehensive walking up the steps after being put on the shelf after the step spot with his eye. Honestly, I figured we were getting a turn from Black when KO mentioned during commentary on Sunday that Black was going to be on the KO Show MONDAY. If Black was around, you would think he wants to be present at the PPV since Murphy and Rollins took him out so if he wasn't around for that moment, he was doing something drastically different. Black and Owens should be some good stuff. Probably shouldn't have knocked on his door, KO...

Half-win for Keith Lee's first appearance on Raw. It says something that he comes in and interrupts one of the hottest people in the company right now in Orton. The big negative was changing his theme. Why would you do that? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I like how they played upon respected and perceived friendship between Lee and McIntyre and how Lee was just going to gun for a guy like Orton. It was also kind of cool in a meta way where Orton would playfully jab at people in NXT and how they work and he instantly gets confronted by one of them as they debut.

Does Raw really only have like four tag teams? They need something fresh in a hurry.

I'm trying to remember the last time I witnessed a Nia Jax segment and found it entertaining. Still struggling to uncover when that was. I guess I was a few weeks too early on calling Nia/Shayna being a tag team. Man, Vince loves booking makeshift teams who don't get along into the title picture. I love the irony of those two bickering and walking away as a traditional team walked into the frame.

The segment with Natalya, Lana, and Mickie was a wonderful example as to why Raw being three hours is such a terrible idea.

If Lee's night somehow could get weirder, his gear was the next step. Not the last step, just the next step. Pretty impressive to micromanage something that was hand delivered to you in a ready-made setup. Orton wasn't about the sell for the pounce, lol. That felt like a deflating debut match. Yes, he was made to look good at moments in the ring with Orton but the initial narrative is suggestion he was just a transitional piece. He instantly disappears after the top guy costs him a DQ in his debut match. They could have done different things instead of trying to be overly cute. At least gets another chance on Sunday.

McIntyre needs to have some severe neurological issues or he's just truly absorbed a high level of pain tolerance. The guy took three punts in just over two hours. If he took one more punt, he might start to think Lee had a wonderful debut. Charly clearly doesn't give a shit about HIPAA, lol.

The lumberjacks were outright terrible lol. Liv absolutely got truck-sticked too on that dive from Sasha.

It's fairly wild to see which Mysterio was used as the face in peril and who was the hot tag. The fact Dominik was the latter for a stretch seems to bode well for how they view him. He looked more clunky tonight but still very capable. We ALMOST made it through without Retribution again. If the big ass dude wasn't Dijakovic, I don't know who it was. The Raw faces don't give a shit about the Mysterios, I guess.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there ever been a lamer faction than Retribution?

- - - Updated - - -

X-Factor were better.

X-Factor.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

- - - Updated - - -

X-Factor were better.

X-Factor.
    Don't be messing with the X-Factor

Trampoline Cosplay Cowboy Vandal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I heard Chris Benoit made a surprise appearance in the Crowd tonight.

https://images.app.goo.gl/312A9AMKgyJHJpjMA

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh the hilarity, What a card.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking forward to watching my first Raw in months tonight all excited for Keith Lee. I couldn't get through Drews interview without skipping because the crowd noise was just constant and loud and I couldn't hear what he was saying. Skipped to the Bayley vs Shayna match same noise same volume I just gave up. Watched the highlights on youtube and even that was painful.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Something wrong with your TV then I could hear everything fine.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

X-Factor were better.

X-Factor.
    The Corre. Even the spelling sucked.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    BTW, If they are intent on having Lee cover up then they at least need to improve his gear.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put him in a singlet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I heard Chris Benoit made a surprise appearance in the Crowd tonight.

https://images.app.goo.gl/312A9AMKgyJHJpjMA
    Hahaha madness. That was his last ever pic too wasn’t it?

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

X-Factor were better.

X-Factor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were they thinking about with the crowd stuff? Wrestling attracts a subculture of nonce's, perverts and idiots, this kind of thing was always going to happen. If security didn't exist at shows you'd be getting fat cunts falling over the barricades to sniff Alexa Bliss. Fine when moderated, but when you can't filter the animals it's a shit show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on last night there looks to be 3 females in Retribution? I honestly think WWE doesn't even know who is going to be part of it and just have randoms under the masks until they figure out who they want in it. and the people under the hoods when even be part of the group. I really don't think they have a plan

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having Rollins be the ultimate mastermind might be a way of having Retribution be decent. They're doing it for the "Greater Good"

Also Super Drew taking 3 punts was a bit much. I could understand one punt then coming back because he's strong only to be felled by a second before being hospitalised. However 2 then another 1 is a bit much.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on last night there looks to be 3 females in Retribution? I honestly think WWE doesn't even know who is going to be part of it and just have randoms under the masks until they figure out who they want in it. and the people under the hoods when even be part of the group. I really don't think they have a plan
    That's the only way to look at this.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I am glad no-one said the Mean Street Posse were a lamer faction otherwise there'd be blood.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Super Drew taking 3 punts was a bit much. I could understand one punt then coming back because he's strong only to be felled by a second before being hospitalised. However 2 then another 1 is a bit much.
    I feel like they had to correct the respect towards the punt because HBK basically was unfazed after one. He looked like the lights were just a little foggy for him Friday and he was able to speak in his antiquities room on Sunday.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lee's theme and attire. christ almighty.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Benoit, a KKK member, and an execution video in the crowd on RAW. Yipes. We'll be back in the PC in no time.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Chris Benoit, a KKK member, and an execution video in the crowd on RAW. Yipes. We'll be back in the PC in no time.
    Who says you can't trust people not to be cunts.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To be fair I didn't notice any of that until I read the news articles that offered pictures. I think the news article writers are just as awful.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    lee's theme and attire. christ almighty.
    Did we expect anything less out of Vince and the main roster? Triple H is AEW bound.

Maybe. This is a huge investment I imagine so just up and close shop....Donald has a point, how many of us truly saw these while watching? I saw a dude eating cereal during Summerslam, that was about as crazy as it got for me lol.

To be fair I didn't notice any of that until I read the news articles that offered pictures. I think the news article writers are just as awful.
    Not sure how the news article writers are just as awful, they're just simply reporting. I agree though, I never saw any of this shit being reported including the FIRE VELVETEEN DREAM one during Summerslam that was in the front row. But you know there's some dude just going frame by frame to see if they can find anything and hop on their blog so maybe you're right lol.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most boring person on the roster? At least his wrestling is exciting. And here's the extent of character in WWE 2020:

"She's tough" "He's tough"
    "He's an underdog" "She's an underdog"
    "Big"
    "Tall"
    "Small"
    "Blonde"

That's it. Or the "They had to scratch and claw" gimmicks. Wow. Homogenized wrestling is what we're watching. I'm not saying we need Doink and Dink, but does everyone have to be the same shit? Even someone like Shayna....What's her character? Former MMA fighter who was dominant....Seen it just last year by someone 100x better and 100x more popular and well known.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The most boring person on the roster? At least his wrestling is exciting. And here's the extent of character in WWE 2020:

"Big"
    "Tall"
    "Small"
    "Blonde"

That's it. Or the "They had to scratch and claw" gimmicks. Wow. Homogenized wrestling is what we're watching. I'm not saying we need Doink and Dink, but does everyone have to be the same shit? Even someone like Shayna....What's her character? Former MMA fighter who was dominant....Seen it just last year by someone 100x better and 100x more popular and well known.
    You can't really take Badger seriously when he thinks Tony Nese is more boring than Nia Jax.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lamer factions?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't really take Badger seriously when he thinks Tony Nese is more boring than Nia Jax.
    Nia isn’t boring as such....just shit lol.

The thing is Tony Neses are a dime a dozen on the roster. Never said he wasn’t a good wrestler but there’s tons of guys who can do what he does. He’s good in ring but so are a lot of people. He doesn’t have anything else.

Someone mentioned Apollo. I’d argue he talks better and he’s improved since becoming champ.
    Last edited by Badger; August 25th, 2020 at 5:37 PM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

"Big"
    "Tall"
    "Small"
    "Blonde"

The whole “Look at me I’m great check out my bod” gimmick is so boring now and overplayed. Other guys did it better. That’s why I call him boring.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, he makes me happy.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he makes me happy.
    If he does then good for you.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to ask why does Nash Diesel want Doink and Dink back?

Then I realized that within 2 years we will have a big and little Fiend. The Fiend and The Friend will be their name.

Trampoline Cosplay Cowboy Vandal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I was going to ask why does Nash Diesel want Doink and Dink back?

Then I realized that within 2 years we will have a big and little Fiend. The Fiend and The Friend will be their name.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Lee signed off on the change to his music. Had to be done because of the deal with CFO$ themes and royalties and all that shit. Hopefully the generic stuff is a placeholder until they can get something fresh and slappin'.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Shame they lost those guys. They put out some classics.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee on Twitter:
    Music is out of my hands.

Period.

Leave it be. I'll sort it out later.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Lee's attire.

Raw Underground.

Retribution.

All that said, I quite enjoyed the main event.