User Tag List

Thread: Friday Night Smackdown (Feb 14th, 2020) Valentine's Day Edition!

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday Night Smackdown (Feb 14th, 2020) Valentine's Day Edition!

-After earning a shot at the champ, Carmella looks to win her 3rd Women's championship as she faces off against Bayley.

-Before Miz and Morrison challenge New Day for the tag-team titles they must first step in the ring with the Big Dog and a mystery partner. Who could be Roman's choice heading into his cage match with King Corbin in 2 weeks?

-What can we expect from these 2 as they go on a Valentine's Day date?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bar for the week is high in terms of WWE humor with The Broserweights going to Portland, but I think Otis and Mandy have a chance to outdo them.

My guess for Reigns' partner is Strowman or Bryan (likely Bryan). It's got to be someone imposing when you see them next to each other for when Miz and Morrison beat them.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 14th, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown just doesn't seem must watch at all. it's run through the motions until after the chamber at this point. The only credible heels on the show now are Fiend, Sheamus, and Corbin?

Nakamura, Cesaro, and Zayn are just jobbers at this point. Elias is feuding with them now but they don't seem like a threat. Where's Ali been? What is Bryan's next feud? I could see his mania match being Sheamus at this point which is fine but right now he's just stuck. who is credible to go against strowman right now?

RAW is the better show in terms of storylines and a good dynamic between credible heels and faces. Which is interesting because you would think Smackdown would do a better job considering their move to fox
    Last edited by PurePlayer; February 14th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Not once have I had the urge to watch Smackdown since the move, with the only exception being the opening night.

Raw often looks like something decent is going on.

Watch NXT every week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Not once have I had the urge to watch Smackdown since the move, with the only exception being the opening night.

Raw often looks like something decent is going on.

Watch NXT every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Smackdown just doesn't seem must watch at all. it's run through the motions until after the chamber at this point. The only credible heels on the show now are Fiend, Sheamus, and Corbin?

Nakamura, Cesaro, and Zayn are just jobbers at this point. Elias is feuding with them now but they don't seem like a threat. Where's Ali been? What is Bryan's next feud? I could see his mania match being Sheamus at this point which is fine but right now he's just stuck. who is credible to go against strowman right now?

RAW is the better show in terms of storylines and a good dynamic between credible heels and faces. Which is interesting because you would think Smackdown would do a better job considering their move to fox
    The only thing I can fathom is that the creative is resting on its laurels in terms of name recognition because it seems like Smackdown going out of the draft period had the larger pool of established names. Maybe there's too much discourse between WWE and Fox in terms of what needs to be met in terms of visibility thresholds based on what Fox needs or whatever. That's just totally made up on my account but there is a fundamental change that has happened in moving to a new network so it's certainly coming across in some fashion with the product we're seeing weekly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are weeks I completely forget Smackdown is on. I'm kind of shocked at the state of the show. Allot of us thought they were going to make this the A show when it moved to Fox, but now it's worse off than when it was on USA.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....when your show is 90% about Roman Reigns v. BARON FUCKING CORBIN what do you expect? On Raw they literally ran an angle where everyone from Vince to the fans blamed Corbin for the declining ratings for Raw. Then the fucking geniuses decided to give him a super mega push. Makes sense. Overpush and soak up your 2 main shows with the guy the owner publicly blamed for declining ratings. Kayfabe or not, you don't push a guy to the fucking moon.

Not to mention....he fuckin sucks. Talent, mic, look, everything about him is fucking terrible. GOOD HEELS do not get those labels. I don't see anyone calling Randy Orton a shit heel or Seth Rollins or even The Fiend. But because Corbin is tall we have to put up this nonsense. And you know someone truly sucks at their job when talent have to go out of their way to hype them up and say no no they're being a great heel.

Like when Jinder came back and within 2 months was all roided up looking bigger than Drew and all these wrestlers were trying to pretend like he didn't roid up. He had his 2 little boy toys nursing off his nipples like he was Romulus.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just announced Hulk Hogan is going to be on SmackDown tonight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    They just announced Hulk Hogan is going to be on SmackDown tonight.
    YES! He's going to plant the seeds for Hogan v. Cena. Or he's going to come out and get Fiend-fucked. Either way I'm excited. Maybe he'll drop a leg on Corbin's bitch ass.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Will be tuning in just to see Hulk Hogan. Fucking love that dude. I could see him flirting with Mandy Rose, only for Otis to get upset, and then the Hulkster bodyslams Otis.

Then just an afterthought, Strowman running powerslams Hogan and he ends up with Mandy. Damnit Vince hire me as a writer please.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean....Roman does need a partner tonight, brother.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those pants are too tight on Nikki lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... I forgot this was on.

Honestly, I had a family commitment tonight until 7:30, got home, put Simpsons reruns on, watched NWA Powerrrrrr, AEW Dark, listened to Corny's Drive-Thru and The Experience, and completely forgot Smackdown! was even on.

Hardly feels "must watch" to me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    YES! He's going to plant the seeds for Hogan v. Cena. Or he's going to come out and get Fiend-fucked. Either way I'm excited. Maybe he'll drop a leg on Corbin's bitch ass.
    I love a good Fiend-fucking

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised by the time and quality of the Women’s title match. The booking definitely left itself open to continue beyond that match. I presume that’ll finish its course at Super Showdown.

With Mandy and Otis, they clearly expressed that Otis was told by Mandy that Mandy was running late but they showed her waiting for quite a while at the restaurant. That’s either a major plot hole or they’re using it as a means to show Otis was manipulated into being late. They still want to tell more of a story there, so I’m interested to see what the end result is.

Hogan didn’t come across as well as Goldberg did the week previous.

Not surprised Bryan was Reigns’ partner, since I predicted he was one of two options. I was just surprised they were booked to go over. Morrison is still a breath of fresh air when it comes to actually working in the ring.

I’m intrigued to see what comes of the static cuts that happened twice over the course of the show. The fact it continued after Bray’s segment makes me inclined to think it’s something other than him.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I’m intrigued to see what comes of the static cuts that happened twice over the course of the show. The fact it continued after Bray’s segment makes me inclined to think it’s something other than him.
    Hopefully...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wish, haha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a thought - this is the year we finally get heel, Hollywood Cena. He is the bad guy in Fast 9, so it makes sense to tie into the character of that, feeling the forgotten man of the industry despite being "the biggest star in Hollywood". The most natural match for him out of anybody is Daniel Bryan - you've got the former brother in law stuff, but also Bryan's rise being essentially the hammer in the nail of Cena as the top star. He did everything to take the WWE to new heights, but they chose the small beard guy. It's just too perfect a storm not to do it. Smackdown is so sedate that Cena heeling it up a la Rock 2003 would make it must see, particularly with the natural foil in Bryan. There's literally nobody else for Bryan who can get built up by Wrestlemania (fuck Corbin), and there's no better match for Cena. Come the fuck on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel Cena v Daniel Bryan would be amazing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is literally no reason not to. You can turn him back with a handshake after the match. This show needs a hook for 'Mania season, and Fiend vs. Reigns and anything involving Corbin ain't it. Bryan's plenty good enough to carry the feud when Cena isn't there too.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully support that idea. That would be dope.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena is probably never turning heel - he truly enjoys the make-a-wish stuff far too much. But it would be fun.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to pop in to mention that Namoi's whole look on SD this week was boss AF. The hair, the gear, she looked killer. Loved it.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Here's a thought - this is the year we finally get heel, Hollywood Cena. He is the bad guy in Fast 9, so it makes sense to tie into the character of that, feeling the forgotten man of the industry despite being "the biggest star in Hollywood". The most natural match for him out of anybody is Daniel Bryan - you've got the former brother in law stuff, but also Bryan's rise being essentially the hammer in the nail of Cena as the top star. He did everything to take the WWE to new heights, but they chose the small beard guy. It's just too perfect a storm not to do it. Smackdown is so sedate that Cena heeling it up a la Rock 2003 would make it must see, particularly with the natural foil in Bryan. There's literally nobody else for Bryan who can get built up by Wrestlemania (fuck Corbin), and there's no better match for Cena. Come the fuck on.
    LOL meltzer says they're planning

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer has more swings than misses nowadays. That "things might change" thing he drops with every statement shows it's basically a free shot. There's x amount of guys locked up and x amount of guys not on TV enough, so it's effectively a calculated guess. He does the maths essentially, but his sources are shot to shit.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm hoping it's just a guess on Meltzer's part. Elias is getting more over but he barely wrestles and not ready yet for a Cena-level rub even if Cena ends up winning.

Otis to me is being strung along like BG suggested. Mandy lying saying she was running late and then not shooing Dolph away. An X-Pac/Tori/Kane similarity like I've suggested previously but I think this will do well to get Otis sympathy and even more over if they go this route.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people think Sonya was the one who sent Otis the texts that Mandy was running late.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Some people think Sonya was the one who sent Otis the texts that Mandy was running late.
    WWE doesn't do intergender stuff. So Sonya sabotaging a potential relationship between Otis and Mandy, because Sonya is secretly in love with Mandy would have to lead to a Sonya/Mandy feud. Where the gay woman is some kind of stalker heel and Mandy would have to rebuff her advances without coming across as homophobic. And then Otis is just... there.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonya sending the word to Otis that Mandy was running late doesn't have to mean she's in love with Mandy. It could simply mean that she was trying to save her friend Mandy from what she saw as a complete and total disappointment.

Looking on the bright side - this should lead to Otis v. Ziggler, which will probably mean Otis/Tucker v. Ziggler/Roode. Giving Otis some character development was sorely needed, and Mandy as well. But the matches are better when there's a story behind it. Ziggler is so far removed from any championship contention - its kind of hard to believe how far he's fallen.

Naomi looks better without the disco ball headgear.

Am I the only one who thinks the Carmella v. Bayley match deserves praise? They told a really good story and the crowd was buying every nearfall. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better Bayley match. Sure, we probably would have liked to see more of a Carmella buildup as she's been treated as a jobber for too long, and nobody objectively was picking Carmella to win ahead of time, but this match definitely benefited from having been given a lot of time. Carmella seemed forced and not really ready in her prior title run, but she seemed much more confident, and smooth, in this match. Instead of the series of spots that we normally get from WWE when it comes to the ladies, this was so much better than expected. And the ending was great for Bayley's character development / credibility, which had been stalled at best, but really was just taking a back seat to Sasha - which is not what the champ needed with Charlotte waiting in the wings.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmells gets a lot of undeserved criticism. She's a solid performer and has more charisma than most of the roster. She's doing fine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    WWE doesn't do intergender stuff. So Sonya sabotaging a potential relationship between Otis and Mandy, because Sonya is secretly in love with Mandy would have to lead to a Sonya/Mandy feud. Where the gay woman is some kind of stalker heel and Mandy would have to rebuff her advances without coming across as homophobic. And then Otis is just... there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Sonya sending the word to Otis that Mandy was running late doesn't have to mean she's in love with Mandy. It could simply mean that she was trying to save her friend Mandy from what she saw as a complete and total disappointment.

Looking on the bright side - this should lead to Otis v. Ziggler, which will probably mean Otis/Tucker v. Ziggler/Roode. Giving Otis some character development was sorely needed, and Mandy as well. But the matches are better when there's a story behind it. Ziggler is so far removed from any championship contention - its kind of hard to believe how far he's fallen.

Naomi looks better without the disco ball headgear.

Am I the only one who thinks the Carmella v. Bayley match deserves praise? They told a really good story and the crowd was buying every nearfall. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better Bayley match. Sure, we probably would have liked to see more of a Carmella buildup as she's been treated as a jobber for too long, and nobody objectively was picking Carmella to win ahead of time, but this match definitely benefited from having been given a lot of time. Carmella seemed forced and not really ready in her prior title run, but she seemed much more confident, and smooth, in this match. Instead of the series of spots that we normally get from WWE when it comes to the ladies, this was so much better than expected. And the ending was great for Bayley's character development / credibility, which had been stalled at best, but really was just taking a back seat to Sasha - which is not what the champ needed with Charlotte waiting in the wings.
    Ziggler could have conspired with Sonya to screw over Otis. Sonya keeps Mandy away from a "loser" and Ziggler gets some quality time her.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Carmells gets a lot of undeserved criticism. She's a solid performer and has more charisma than most of the roster. She's doing fine.
    If your vision is distorted and hearing is off and the only people you think are on the roster are Lana and Bobby Lashley then I agree 100%.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If your vision is distorted and hearing is off and the only people you think are on the roster are Lana and Bobby Lashley then I agree 100%.
    I can always adjust my tracking.