User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheers Mafia

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha I'm not faking it, I genuinely am a bit thick when it comes to this game and need a bit of direction from time to time. That Badger post I flagged up last night just screamed 'how do you do, fellow townspeople' to me. Other than that I got nothing for now.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it makes you feel any better, I felt the same way, especially his first post where he specifically says "we townies"

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Well I can’t really help out at this point, but unless Jarrod is softclaiming cop, I don’t think we should be voting Pablo.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    So much activity going on it's hard to tell. Pablo was looking a bit dodgy for a while, his explanation after the latest write-up could be plausible but maybe a scum double bluff. JP is JP and due to his reputation we're sometimes too quick to judge on him and we've been wrong on him so don't want to commit to him.

I will say Grim has been veeeery quiet which is unusual. Jarrod too. I know he's usually quiet Day One but he could be slipping under the radar so best keep an eye.
    It's midweek and I have a 9-5 office job with a 2 hour each day commute. It's almost 7:30 and I am still cooking dinner so yeah, it is what it is.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I felt the same way, especially his first post where he specifically says "we townies"
    I apologise if that sounded a bit cheeky, I didn't mean it to be. I was just using the language of the game like how we call mafia scum.

I'm leaning towards Jarrod slightly now as he did come in right after I called him out.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    @Kneeneighbor are you able to put each major post you do in post 1? Lynch results, night results etc.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologise if that sounded a bit cheeky, I didn't mean it to be. I was just using the language of the game like how we call mafia scum.

I'm leaning towards Jarrod slightly now as he did come in right after I called him out.
    And that's not to say you can't use the language. It was just something in the way it was worded. Like my kneejerk reaction was, "He's trying to make it seem like he is also town". Consider it just a yellow flag at this point.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Just looked it up. I think his wife was Lilith?

So yeah, back to the drawing board.
    As someone who has never watched Cheers, I had an extra character. This explains why... but then your comments about still missing one made me look at the cast and discover Cliff is Mr Clavin. Good thing I didn't confuse Sam and Sammy or Cliff and Cliiffy as well or I would have been 3 over.

One blank cell on the spreadsheet, tentatively painted red. 3+1+11 would seem to be way too much in town's favour.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Welp, hopefully the missing character is green, because I don't want to reorient my spreadsheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Do you think the fact Vera was looking for Norm is a coincidence or is it more likely her role involves him in some way?
    I think Vera looking for Norm makes the missing role more likely scum. If Vera finds Norm and they are indeed future masons, that's two people who can vouch for each other as cleared which makes the scum pool for voting even smaller.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I assumed Robin is either a watcher or a rolecop, so I think you're in the right track.
    Poisoner + watcher makes a lot of sense. Poison someone on N1, watch that same target on N2 and voila, know who the poison cure is so you can target them next night.

What's the relevance of papers that Pabs gets handed? Obviously flavour, but could it be something like advertising leaflets convincing Pabs to leave the bar and head over to Old Town Tavern instead? If it's not something like that, I don't even know how it would work flavour wise to be a poisoner.

Maybe some kind of incriminator? Something that means if Pabs gets investigated, he shows up as scum because he has a leaflet from Old Town? I dunno.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    And Jarrod, while I get your idea, why don't we wait a night and see if I'm "poisoned". If so, then the mafia didn't truly skip their kill last night. If not, then who knows what happened in that interaction. I know we shouldn't look too deep into flavour but the way I was investigated was through going through pockets and I was earlier in the night handed papers. That's where my thought of possibly being marked to appear as scum came from. Who knows if it's true. It sucks we can't no lynch because that's the safe call, but Knee doesn't want us to make safe calls, we have to do something. I'm just not the someone you should go after yet. Wait and see what shakes out before and if we come to a standstill again tomorrow, then I'd understand being the target.
    Okay, I should have kept reading and included this quote.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Vote no lynch

I dont think were are going to get anywhere without more information. Unless someone has some information that stands out I dont think we are going to do any good.

Me, I will be watching who votes now we know a majority automatically lyches.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Random question since I have nothing from the night phase:

The final scores had a 3 way tie... and we assume it was randomly chosen between the 3. However.. what if because Fro was the LAST person to vote, he was eliminated? Could have been a coincidence he was on 3 as well.

Based on that and me not wanting to be last, I'm going to:

Vote No Lynch

Juuuuuuuuuuust in case. And like I say, I have nothing. I presume Pablo was framed like the rest of you think so that's boring. Whether that's a lucky double-bluff from Scum (i.e. they had no idea he would be targeted by the cop but he was already scum and it seemed a good way to keep him "involved" night 1 when they have no kill) or whether it "sticks" (so next time 2 people could look like scum etc etc) I don't know yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose now if no one else votes I am the last person and in that case.. not voting at all would have been safer.

I never think these things through. Oh well.
    Error.

Though to be expected from the world's worst mafia player. Jarrod, congrats on being grouped with virm.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Could be scum kills on even nights and the SK on odd.
    Could also be scum on every night kills, kangus being that killer who was blocked, and everyone somehow thinking Pabs has been poisoned.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    One blank cell on the spreadsheet, tentatively painted red. 3+1+11 would seem to be way too much in town's favour.
    Would that still be the case if there were several vanilla townies, like our casualties?

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Just a thought, but what if our missing person can only enter the game at, for example, day 3? Like in the show when Diane left and Rebecca joined, or how Woody replaced Coach (I know Woody has been mentioned in a write-up).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    Would that still be the case if there were several vanilla townies, like our casualties?
    Potentially... given that Harry is definitely not town friendly. 4/11 is pretty good balance in terms of town strength but 3/1/11 is hugely underpowered for scum. I don't see Harry being pro scum.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Unvote.

Seems like Psycho has sound logic as to why Pablo shouldn't be killed yet. Let's see how it plays out.

Badger, like Mazer, saying I'm scum because I posted after you. Literally here's my breakdown from yesterday:
    -Left work at 4 P.M.
    -Pick up kids and baby, home by 5-5:15.
    -Get baby changed, fed, and entertained, laundry and dishes until 6:30ish.
    -Time to make and eat dinner then put baby and rest of kids to bed and that ends round 8:15 P.M.
    -Get comfy, catch up on Rajah mafia. This timeline holds true, why most of my Wilfred votes come in at night, which you know Badger.

Literally had just sat down, re-read stuff and posted my thoughts and questions on the poisoner role.

I do get a different vibe from Badger this game, usually more vocal.

Grim, why am I grouped with Virm? I know I am sort of dense sometimes with these games but was curious what I did this time?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    You can't vote No Lynch. Every time someone attempts that, Knee posts "Error" and nothing happens.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Vote no lynch
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post

Vote No Lynch
    Error

Vote count:

1- JP (Psycho)

about 8.5 hours remain

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can't vote No Lynch. Every time someone attempts that, Knee posts "Error" and nothing happens.
    Was that my answer? I never voted No Lynch.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Fucking hell. HFR, not you. Yours was in a lump of posts that I was going through.

I still love you.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Is JP going to try to claim innocence through no defense?

I mean it's not the worst tactic. But JP, please come. Give us your thoughts.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Or can someone give me a compelling reason why I should vote for someone who isn’t JP?

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna look back over the votes from yesterday, but I truly believe my previous theory: With Fro and JP tied and the general opinion of Fro trending up, I think scum were afraid to move the needle and risk putting JP at risk by making Fro look clean - or voting JP for reverse psychology only to see him get lynched. The fact JP seemed to be playing a bit coy and avoiding the heavy discussion only helps strengthen this opinion. But I'm willing to change my mind pending my research, his behavior, or anyone else's suggestions.

Avoiding the heavy discussion? Mate, at the moment I've got 8 assignments due for the next two months, an appeal I'm fighting because my original appeal for extra time was turned down (apparently hospital for three weeks and coming close to death isn't a decent reason) and the usual assortment of life.

Genuinely, I've never been this busy or pressured. Weirdly, I think I quite like it, but it does mean the time I have to spend on arguing the toss (and don't get me wrong, I bloody love arguing the toss, why I love these games) is being eaten up by other things.

Coy? I couldn't be coy if I tried. I am the literal opposite of coy. I am coy-less.

Is JP going to try to claim innocence through no defense?

I mean it's not the worst tactic. But JP, please come. Give us your thoughts.
    What the fuck have I got to defend against? I haven't been investigated, I haven't been blocked, in pure numbers terms going for me is an awful idea. The only reason I'm getting any attention at all is because Psycho's making noise based on he's Psycho and I'm JP, and apparently we always have to be at odds with each other in these games.

Or can someone give me a compelling reason why I should vote for someone who isn’t JP?
    A compelling reason to vote for me is missing, so why the hell do you need it for anybody else?

But since you asked...

Virm - Radar slipping
    Mazer - Radar slipping
    Kangus - Blocked, no kill
    Wardy - Doing the "I'm a bit thick thing" when he's played that to perfection as scum many times before

Getting town reads from...

Jarrod - Forensic defence

That's about it, though. Pablo got looked at by what I'm assuming is the cop, so he might be clear (I really read Jarrod as a soft roleclaim for Sam, but apparently not).

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As the game sits now, because of logic from Psycho on the poisoning mechanics, no. If Pablo isn't dead though after tonight we should look directly at him. His quick response of I'm poisoned is great. Psycho defending it was awesome. I know Robin was watching him but is he clear from other red roles? Psycho could no doubt orchestrate a mafia mind fuck and have every town following along. I think JP is the wrong way to go but if no one even votes for anyone else he's gone.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm at work too. Just in case my responses aren't swift enough for anyone's liking.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

Avoiding the heavy discussion? Mate, at the moment I've got 8 assignments due for the next two months, an appeal I'm fighting because my original appeal for extra time was turned down (apparently hospital for three weeks and coming close to death isn't a decent reason) and the usual assortment of life.

Genuinely, I've never been this busy or pressured. Weirdly, I think I quite like it, but it does mean the time I have to spend on arguing the toss (and don't get me wrong, I bloody love arguing the toss, why I love these games) is being eaten up by other things.

Coy? I couldn't be coy if I tried. I am the literal opposite of coy. I am coy-less.

What the fuck have I got to defend against? I haven't been investigated, I haven't been blocked, in pure numbers terms going for me is an awful idea. The only reason I'm getting any attention at all is because Psycho's making noise based on he's Psycho and I'm JP, and apparently we always have to be at odds with each other in these games.

A compelling reason to vote for me is missing, so why the hell do you need it for anybody else?

But since you asked...

Virm - Radar slipping
    Mazer - Radar slipping
    Kangus - Blocked, no kill
    Wardy - Doing the "I'm a bit thick thing" when he's played that to perfection as scum many times before

Getting town reads from...

Jarrod - Forensic defence

That's about it, though. Pablo got looked at by what I'm assuming is the cop, so he might be clear (I really read Jarrod as a soft roleclaim for Sam, but apparently not).
    I'm glad you're here, sweetie, and I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate life schedule/situation right now. And I'm sure you know that any shit I give you in this game is purely in the game and not in spite of whatever you may be going through. So here's hoping things improve for you.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite off this train yet, though. I have some notes/posts linked that I was getting ready to bring up to make my case on you, so I won't respond to you here about that. But I would like to ask your opinion of kangus. Do you think the block/no kill is enough to lynch him here, or do you agree with me and others that we should at least give it another phase to see what the night results bring?

Similar question for wardy. Is that more of a, "That's the best I got" read, or would you earnestly want to push wardy here?

And this isn't meant to be a "gotcha" - though I make no promises on whether I find something suspicious in your answer - I just want to hear a bit more.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    As the game sits now, because of logic from Psycho on the poisoning mechanics, no. If Pablo isn't dead though after tonight we should look directly at him. His quick response of I'm poisoned is great. Psycho defending it was awesome. I know Robin was watching him but is he clear from other red roles? Psycho could no doubt orchestrate a mafia mind fuck and have every town following along. I think JP is the wrong way to go but if no one even votes for anyone else he's gone.
    Robin's most-likely roles are all ones that are optimal to use as a smokescreen, so you have every right to have that paranoia. But if either Pablo or I are scum, we're not teamed, because I don't think I have the balls to hop right on that defense like that. Especially after he was investigated by a cop.

For a few reasons, I think voting Pablo is just an outright mistake, but we definitely shouldn't overlook him should he survive long.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you're here, sweetie, and I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate life schedule/situation right now. And I'm sure you know that any shit I give you in this game is purely in the game and not in spite of whatever you may be going through. So here's hoping things improve for you.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite off this train yet, though. I have some notes/posts linked that I was getting ready to bring up to make my case on you, so I won't respond to you here about that. But I would like to ask your opinion of kangus. Do you think the block/no kill is enough to lynch him here, or do you agree with me and others that we should at least give it another phase to see what the night results bring?

Similar question for wardy. Is that more of a, "That's the best I got" read, or would you earnestly want to push wardy here?

And this isn't meant to be a "gotcha" - though I make no promises on whether I find something suspicious in your answer - I just want to hear a bit more.
    In a normal game I'd be pushing for a No Lynch, but this doesn't appear to be a normal game. We haven't got much on anyone except numbers. Kangus has been eliminated from having two scum roles, but the lack of kill sets off alarms. It's exactly what happened in the last game, with Pablo being blocked, no kill, turned out to be scum. Oh, and here's an interesting coincidence, I was lynched as town after that night. Weird how patterns emerge, huh?

The problem with wardy is that he regularly plays the "I'm lost" card. Maybe he is, but more than once he's been playing as scum, done the same thing, and flown to the endgame. But it's hard to test that out early on.

In all honesty, the structure of the game isn't really connecting with me. 24 hour phases constrict discussion and time zone differences mean some people are always going to be unable to respond at important times. No time to think, no time to discuss, the No Lynch option removed, just get on with it quickly, lynch, lynch, lynch! Time to reflect, counter, consider, it's not there and it fundamentally changes the game.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fro looking very similar to how Grim did in Day 1 in the previous game.

Vote: Fro
    It's such a flaky vote with no meat. And yeah...scum JP is probably more likely to be screamy and have a plan and rationale behind everything. But scum JP knows how to mix it up, not to mention could have been too busy to have something thought out. There's just something about this that doesn't fit the level of casualness I would expect from town JP.

Pushing hard, taking a lead, trying to persuade that a lynch could be beneficial to town.

Him jumping onto me doesn't scream great to me either. Loud, forward, pushing, slightly erratic. I'm comfortable where my vote is for now.
    JP should know damn well that this is Fro's normal MO. This alone isn't reason to lynch Fro. The only time Fro isn't loud is when he has a good role or sometimes as scum, but it's far more common for him to act this way as town. It just feels like JP coming up with a generally good bit of logic to justify his vote that doesn't fit with Fro. Hell, he even uses this in #153 to throw some shade my way.

Note, JP only hopped on after the Fro vote reached three and there was no other real option. He never even considered anyone else, or stepped back to think the pile-on could be dangerous?

Big boy, I'm good with that.

It all just feels like a lot of posturing at the moment and I'm uncomfortable with it. Chest beating and pointing. As a group we've evolved a little bit in our early game. It used to be you keep an eye on the quiet ones. Past few games I can recall, obviously including the last, it's actually been the people loud and brash out of the gate that have been scum and directed play.
    He acts like he's never loud and chest-thumpy his own self. And actually, he pretty much avoids my question and never addresses my post about Fro's meta.

Not sure if you've noticed this bab, but his vote is on me, you know?
    JP's final post of D1. By this point, he has half-heartedly pushed a Fro train that was already formed, and defended himself. Yeah, this doesn't feel like town JP at all. I think even a busy town JP would have trouble keeping himself away, especially when his neck is on the line.

JP, what about Fro's game felt different that you thought his loudness was coming from a place of evil?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, the only people I'm interested in voting this phase are JP and Badger. Badger mostly because it feels like he doesn't know where to dig his feet in and is scared rock the boat without looking guilty for it. In particular, the aforementioned "we townies" post caught my attention:

Yeah Stan is right with the timing. IÂ’ve not had much time to get on and participate much. Game started quite late last night UK time and IÂ’ve just off a 10 hour shift so popped on my phone briefly on my lunch break.

IÂ’m aware Stan was just fishing a bit, certainly not that bothered by it as thatÂ’s what these happens in these games. IÂ’ve not played as many games as you guys have but this is probably the fastest and most active D1 phase IÂ’ve ever been in which activity-wise but there are a lot of trains going on at the moment so could be scum play afoot. I think we townies just need to be careful at this early stage of the game.
    This is such a nothing post. Excuses for his absence, parroting others about the day phase being active, and fluffy, vague talk that scum play is afoot and "we townies" need to be careful in the early stages.

I don't mean to offend or say "Badger sucks" by this call-out if he's innocent. It's just honestly how it read to me, as I feel town Badger is usually less afraid to throw his weight around a bit, even if he's wrong.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you do on Day One?

You put a couple of feelers out, see how people react, sniff out things which seem out of kilter and start trying to build up ideas of why people may be acting as they are.

Grim started the last game in a very similar manner to how Fro started this one. Grim turned out to be scum. I thought Fro may have been trying to do something similar, especially given how scum meta has altered. Turns out, I was wrong.

Yeah, this doesn't feel like town JP at all. I think even a busy town JP would have trouble keeping himself away, especially when his neck is on the line.
    Come on mate, look at the flipping time stamp.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I actually found kangus' vote on Fro to be just as fishy, but with the timing of JP being the following post and vote, I don't think they would be scum brothers.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you do on Day One?

You put a couple of feelers out, see how people react, sniff out things which seem out of kilter and start trying to build up ideas of why people may be acting as they are.

Grim started the last game in a very similar manner to how Fro started this one. Grim turned out to be scum. I thought Fro may have been trying to do something similar, especially given how scum meta has altered. Turns out, I was wrong.

Come on mate, look at the flipping time stamp.
    Yes, but Fro being loud shouldn't have been an off-kilter thing. That's the issue I'm having here. And to the last point, 40 minutes before the deadline isn't too terribly close for what I had in mind. But its more that you're last post was pretty insignificant and did little in the way of pushing for Fro or defending yourself, like the lack of time made you want to just kind of ignore it and hope for the best.

I dunno, as I'm thinking about it, maybe you would have actually been more loud in that situation as scum. But the rest just doesn't smell right.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but Fro being loud shouldn't have been an off-kilter thing. That's the issue I'm having here. And to the last point, 40 minutes before the deadline isn't too terribly close for what I had in mind. But its more that you're last post was pretty insignificant and did little in the way of pushing for Fro or defending yourself, like the lack of time made you want to just kind of ignore it and hope for the best.
    It was Fro leading on Day One, not being loud, that was off kilter for me. I expect that from you or Grim. When somebody else takes the charge it's out of sync with what's come before and as such catches my eye. Patterns of behaviour grab me.

Now, if that's changing and more people are switching up their game to try new things, that's a really good thing (not for me, it will suck for me, any kind of superpower I have being chucked out of the window) for the state of these games moving forward.

As for not going all in on defensive mode, why would I have? What benefit would I have got from it? I wanted to sleep and a lot of the time my downfall in these games is going in too hard when I'm accused of being scum when I'm town. When something doesn't work, try something else. Though, even just typing that out, I can understand why it's caught your eye for the exact same reason why Fro leading on Day One caught mine, patterns of behaviour. Also, and I can't stress this enough, I wanted to sleep.

But the rest just doesn't smell right.
    I smell like vanilla and glitter filed dreams.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vote count:

1- JP (Psycho)

About 4 hours 15 min left.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Error.

Though to be expected from the world's worst mafia player. Jarrod, congrats on being grouped with virm.
    Probably due to the fact I mainly see this at work where the thread loads slower than 56k. I did post this before but much like me you apparently dont read. It's ok you work a full time job and commute like me so I will accept this as am excuse or you are the next to the worlds worst mafia player. I will accept that as well.

Also, grim, you fuck, yes your maths. If town abstains from voting do you think we can just win this out by numbers?

- - - Updated - - -

Ewok use your maths

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote.

Seems like Psycho has sound logic as to why Pablo shouldn't be killed yet. Let's see how it plays out.

Badger, like Mazer, saying I'm scum because I posted after you. Literally here's my breakdown from yesterday:
    -Left work at 4 P.M.
    -Pick up kids and baby, home by 5-5:15.
    -Get baby changed, fed, and entertained, laundry and dishes until 6:30ish.
    -Time to make and eat dinner then put baby and rest of kids to bed and that ends round 8:15 P.M.
    -Get comfy, catch up on Rajah mafia. This timeline holds true, why most of my Wilfred votes come in at night, which you know Badger.

Literally had just sat down, re-read stuff and posted my thoughts and questions on the poisoner role.

I do get a different vibe from Badger this game, usually more vocal.

Grim, why am I grouped with Virm? I know I am sort of dense sometimes with these games but was curious what I did this time?
    And your Wilfred's work is very much appreciated, Psycho's and virm's too (on a non-related game note there's another Wilfred's tie waiting for you to be voted on). I just thought it was odd that you went straight for Pablo as that wasn't typical of you.

For the record, I have a busy schedule too and timings have been awkward for me too as already mentioned. The phases start late at night UK time, I've been bust with work and only get proper time to have a look later in the day after I finish work.

With that said, the only people I'm interested in voting this phase are JP and Badger. Badger mostly because it feels like he doesn't know where to dig his feet in and is scared rock the boat without looking guilty for it. In particular, the aforementioned "we townies" post caught my attention:

This is such a nothing post. Excuses for his absence, parroting others about the day phase being active, and fluffy, vague talk that scum play is afoot and "we townies" need to be careful in the early stages.

I don't mean to offend or say "Badger sucks" by this call-out if he's innocent. It's just honestly how it read to me, as I feel town Badger is usually less afraid to throw his weight around a bit, even if he's wrong.
    Call it "excuses" for my absence if you want but it is the truth. I have been busy and the timing has been bad.

I'm sorry if I can't give you anything more concrete because to be honest i don't have any more. If I had anything more then I would give it you but to be honest I don't. I can only go on hunches and sorry that it's not anything ground-breaking.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If JP is scum wouldn't he put a vote on someone to at least have a 50/50 shot of not dying. If he is town it's almost as if he's sacrificing himself by not voting. A scum would have for sure put a vote out? Maybe even voted with me on Pablo if Pablo is clean? Could they both be scum and that is why he didn't vote Pabs when I had a vote on him? At this point I'm confusing myself but feel like we need to drum something up. If JP is scum and with only one vote on him wouldn't maybe 2 scums target a town to save JP?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, but what if our missing person can only enter the game at, for example, day 3? Like in the show when Diane left and Rebecca joined, or how Woody replaced Coach (I know Woody has been mentioned in a write-up).
    What missing person?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrod, it wasn't so much about the exact time gap, or looking to validate your timecard. Lots of info on everyone's personal schedules and timezones.

My main focus was overall being quiet, and then after being called out - going straight at Pablo. If I loved the rationale more, I would have probably felt better about it. It seems atypical from how I perceive you playing before. Maybe it was a way to cover for being given info, but I'm not there.

Yes, we all work and have things and sleep, but there's still questions about why a certain type of response after soft pressure

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Badger I went straight to Pablo because I thought he was pretty quick to throw out the poison scenario after he was looked at. If he is scum and came up that to whoever looked at him, he's already laid the foundation of his defense. I read it as a scum trying to stay ahead of the game and try to cover his tracks, which is what I've said since the beginning of D2.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mazer, you're right I tend to lay back more. Unless I feel like I need post stuff, I usually don't. I just think something fishy is going on at this bar and wanted to make sure I get my thoughts out for the future if this JP lynch and night phase don't go our way.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the fact that CWE answered the phone mean that he's definitely not Vera or Norm?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If JP is scum wouldn't he put a vote on someone to at least have a 50/50 shot of not dying. If he is town it's almost as if he's sacrificing himself by not voting. A scum would have for sure put a vote out? Maybe even voted with me on Pablo if Pablo is clean? Could they both be scum and that is why he didn't vote Pabs when I had a vote on him? At this point I'm confusing myself but feel like we need to drum something up. If JP is scum and with only one vote on him wouldn't maybe 2 scums target a town to save JP?
    The stuff in the middle is overthinking, the rest pretty much bang on.

It's not that I''m going to sacrifice myself, it's that there's nobody really jumping out to me as obvious scum. Trust me on this, if it gets close to the time limit and I have to throw a vote out to try and save myself, I'm no shrinking violet in that regard.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Ok guys the deadline is coming up. I do believe JP for why he has been more silent than a typical JP would be. And I think it’s more likely that a scum JP would have found the time to chime in earlier to persuade us. I’m against the JP lynch right now. But I also do not going after the other “target” Jarrod.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Does the fact that CWE answered the phone mean that he's definitely not Vera or Norm?
    Yes

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes
    Cheers I'll update my spreadsheet accordingly.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Look I don’t think JP is cleared of anything. The only lynch I really don’t like is kangus. Everyone else is equally suspicious.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And your Wilfred's work is very much appreciated, Psycho's and virm's too (on a non-related game note there's another Wilfred's tie waiting for you to be voted on). I just thought it was odd that you went straight for Pablo as that wasn't typical of you.

For the record, I have a busy schedule too and timings have been awkward for me too as already mentioned. The phases start late at night UK time, I've been bust with work and only get proper time to have a look later in the day after I finish work.

Call it "excuses" for my absence if you want but it is the truth. I have been busy and the timing has been bad.

I'm sorry if I can't give you anything more concrete because to be honest i don't have any more. If I had anything more then I would give it you but to be honest I don't. I can only go on hunches and sorry that it's not anything ground-breaking.
    I believe your reasons for not being present. The point is that the post was focused on explaining your absence and deliberating fluff content rather than having anything of substance.

The hunch on Jarrod is a start, but it has no bite to it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible they're trying to avoid shaking the boat, especially since you had JP tied with Pablo. If they earnestly tried to fight one vote on JP, it might look like they're trying to save him.

That's just one explanation, though. You're thinking is perfectly valid, too.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, all things considered, I'm not really feeling the JP lynch anymore. To be honest, by the time he finally showed up this phase, I was already sour on my suspicion. That's not to say he's off the hook, but his responses have been strong here, and the fact that almost no other option has even been flirted with makes me think scum is comfortable letting him be the only option. So....

Unvote

Vote Badger

- - - Updated - - -

The only real alternative to JP being scum in this scenario is that scum are too scared to make any moves when JP only has one vote, or Jarrod is scum who tried to counter with Pablo. And I'm not feeling a scum Jarrod right now.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can buy the first option, but it feels less likely at this moment.

Cops should definitely consider kangus and JP as targets, but make your choice as necessary.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vote count:

1- Badger (Psycho)

Just over 2 hours to go

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a lot of unknowns perusing the thread and no action.

Come on in. The water's fine. Lay a vote somewhere. Show me what you're made of.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I might not be on again before deadline, so fine:

vote JP

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe your reasons for not being present. The point is that the post was focused on explaining your absence and deliberating fluff content rather than having anything of substance.

The hunch on Jarrod is a start, but it has no bite to it.
    By the same token I also believe JarrodÂ’s hectic schedule and appreciate him for posting it. He is busy but also quick and clever. I didnÂ’t go for the Pablo lynch straight away because his assessment of things does make sense whereas he did.

The “townies” stuff was just me trying to have banter. Most people know here I have a silly sense of humour, it’s not always well appreciated but I’m a cheesy guy. That’s how I roll damnit!

This is quite a tough game and I don’t spreadsheet like most of you guys (although that’s maybe something I should take on board for future especially in games like these). The no kill from Mafia and the complex lynching mechanics in play here make this even harder to deduce for someone less experienced like myself. I try and judge on past behaviours on players from past games and link them to here. I don’t wanna play the “new” card too often because I have played a few of these games now but this is tough!

I think wardy also might as well worth be having a look at and thatÂ’s not just out of spite because he flagged up my post last night. Maybe he does have a spreadsheet but from the games IÂ’ve played in, he does have a tendency to fly under the radar and heÂ’s clever like that. He posts in short sharp bursts and maybe saw an opportunity to look good.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might not be on again before deadline, so fine:

vote JP
    Psycho jumps off me and puts a vote on somebody else. With only hours to go, stating you might not be able to get back on, put a vote on me to even it out.

Now, this, this interests me.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho jumps off me and puts a vote on somebody else. With only hours to go, stating you might not be able to get back on, put a vote on me to even it out.

Now, this, this interests me.
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It’s a curious move for a scum to do. But worth keeping an eye on. There definitely was enough time after psycho changed his vote.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting indeed.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vote Badger

I'm reading Psycho hard town so I'll back him for now and add a little more pressure.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I’m reading Psycho the same way no question. I just think he may be reading too much into my banter and absence.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I’m just adding a little fuel to the fire and seeing if anyone comes to put it out.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    EBWOP like a dick, didn’t notice Psycho changed his vote.

Unvote

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean. I guess. But his last post there from Badger was not much of a defense which I would expect a scum to at least do more of.

It’s still a mostly blind guess though and I don’t have a better option as Stan really just seems to have not read things.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The time between the added fuel to the fire and the realizing what he’s done is too quick for him to have been mafia chat told to correct himself.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    2- Badger (Psycho, CWE)

Just over 30 min remain.
    Last edited by Kneeneighbor; February 13th, 2020 at 3:42 PM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Alright you people on invisible. Any last calls to make?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Also pretty sure that should say Psycho and CWE. Right knee?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    YEs sorry, trying to post mobile.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pablo, how do you feel about Badger being the current lunch?

- - - Updated - - -

EBWOP *lynch

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    A bit less hesitant that I was of the JP lynch. In the sense that either way I didn’t get a strong scum read. But there’s not a better person to put it on that wouldn’t also be a blind guess.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I'm doubting this Badger lynch more, but yeah, I don't have a great alternative at the moment. But again, it feels like scum is content to let Badger get the rope. But I'm about to do my exam, so I don't know if it's worth trying something crazy in the last 15 or so minutes.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think anyone that’s voted for me is Mafia but I don’t look good and can see how I got the votes. This was a fun game and I do love Cheers. I’ll still keep up and read. At least I can focus more on Wilfred’s which is going stormingly at the moment. Round 2 will start shortly so if you get a chance and if you’re up in the W-Forums, please take a chance to read as these guys are working hard.

Bye guys.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean there’s always just voting out the worst player in mafia

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote

Something doesn't feel quite right.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Uh Badgers last post there was not a scum goodbye post

Vote Virm

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Unvote

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Fuck I don’t know who to vote. Badger really doesn’t seem like scum. But he’s also not defending himself enough so I feel we aren’t going to lose a cop or doctor.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say I'm confident, but Stan has really piqued my interest. Switching his vote to me, tying it up, really doesn't sit well with me. Even more so when he said he might not be on again, yet has now posted twice more trying to cover himself.

Why tie it back up other than to force a random lynch? And there's only one reason why you'dd want to do that.

There is the possibility that he's being honest and just hadn't seen what had been going on, but we've played these games long enough to double check before posting.

If Badger turns out to be scum, Stan's where I'd go next.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Badger

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone! I don't like Stan Accy being the second man in om this Badger lynch.

Vote: Stan Accy

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Why Badger. CWE only voted Badger because he was following Psycho and now Psycho is off it.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say I'm confident, but Stan has really piqued my interest. Switching his vote to me, tying it up, really doesn't sit well with me. Even more so when he said he might not be on again, yet has now posted twice more trying to cover himself.

Why tie it back up other than to force a random lynch? And there's only one reason why you'dd want to do that.

There is the possibility that he's being honest and just hadn't seen what had been going on, but we've played these games long enough to double check before posting.

If Badger turns out to be scum, Stan's where I'd go next.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Badger
    Great minds think alike!

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Honesty I feel better about a Stan lynch than a Badger one.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    But not enough to make it a 50/50.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    In all honesty, the structure of the game isn't really connecting with me. 24 hour phases constrict discussion and time zone differences mean some people are always going to be unable to respond at important times. No time to think, no time to discuss, the No Lynch option removed, just get on with it quickly, lynch, lynch, lynch! Time to reflect, counter, consider, it's not there and it fundamentally changes the game.
    The structure of the game means I have pretty much missed everything that's happened. Work + commute for 10-11 hours, sleep for 8. The few hours of the cycle that I am not otherwise occupied means 24 hours is almost always going to pass me by. I've only got on here this morning because my brother slept through his alarm and isn't ready for work yet, the lazy fuck.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Badger. CWE only voted Badger because he was following Psycho and now Psycho is off it.
    When Psycho dropped his vote on Badger Stan very quickly voted on me to tie it up.

That felt like a panic scum move to me, to try and give Badger a chance at survival. It also hints that Badger might have one of the stronger scum roles because (said with love), why panic unless there's reason too, and I mean more severely than just going a man down.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I still think we could have rolled the dice on Pablo. If I turn up dead remember this.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Stan

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When Psycho dropped his vote on Badger Stan very quickly voted on me to tie it up.

That felt like a panic scum move to me, to try and give Badger a chance at survival. It also hints that Badger might have one of the stronger scum roles because (said with love), why panic unless there's reason too, and I mean more severely than just going a man down.
    This makes sense but at this point I have no idea what to think. This game is nuts but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    None of the votes now really interest me. The complete absence of HFR, the barely there of virm and the loud, obnoxious kangus are more interesting. Even CWE has done little in this late stage apart from jumping on a Badger vote.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Time has passed. I will tally the votes.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Badger sits at the bar sipping his beer. Carla, Cliff, Norm, Paul and others surround him.

"I think its time for you to go," says Carla.

"We dont take too kindly to your type around here," adds Norm.

"Very well. Sam, I hope there are no hard feelings. If you ever decide to sell you know where to find me." With that John Allen Hill gets off the bar stool and ascends up the stairs to Mellviles.

Badger has been lynched. He was mafia goon John Allen Hill.

12remain. 24 Hours to submit roles

2. Psycho666Soldier
    3. CWE
    5. Grim
    6. Mazer
    7. Stan
    8. HFR
    9. Wardy
    10. JP
    11. Pabs
    12. Virm
    14. Jarrod1983
    15. Kangus

Fro- town aligned vanilla, Kelly
    Caito - town aligned vanilla, Lillith.
    Badger- mafia goon, John Allen Hill

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have all the roles. I competed in our school olympics this am so I missed out on my prep time at the start of the day. I will have a write up within the next hour or two.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ***Cheers is filmed before a live studio audience***

Norm enters the bar. “NORM!” “Afternoon Mr Peterson, how has the world been treating you?” asks Woody. “Like a baby treats its diaper. Give me a beer Woody.

Robin sits down in a boot near the stairs and watches the action. The person he is looking for is not at Cheers tonight.

Cliff heads over to Kangus with his beer and starts in. “Its a little known fact that tanning became popular in what is known as the Bronze age…” Kangus is trapped in another conversation with Cliff and will not be doing anything else tonight.

The phone at the bar rings and JP picks up the phone. Vera is on the other end asking for Norm. “Nope not here Mrs. Peterson. I will have him call you if I see him.”

Sam sees Kangus get up from his conversation with Cliff and go to the bathroom. He quickly goes through his jacket pockets to find out all he can about Kangus. He puts everything back just before Kangus returns to Cliff and the discussion about tanning.

Harry the Hat is sitting at the end of the bar, Mazer comes upnext him. “ Hey can anyone break a $50 for me?” Mazer asks. I’ve got you Harry says. He pulls out a wad of cash and begins to count.

“1..2..3..4 Say what time is it Mazer?”

“11”

“12..13..14 My watch must be fast it says 11:25. 26..27..28. Say Robin How old are you?”

“42”

“43..44...45..46..47..48..49..50. There you go Robin.”

Harry hustles out the door. Then it hits Robin, he counts the money and realizes he is way short. “I dont know why I ever wanted to buy this place.” Robin gets up and leaves the bar. He has been scammed by Harry the Hat.

Mazer is dead. Robin Colcord, mafia stalker.

2. Psycho666Soldier
    3. CWE
    5. Grim
    7. Stan
    8. HFR
    9. Wardy
    10. JP
    11. Pabs
    12. Virm
    14. Jarrod1983
    15. Kangus

Fro- town aligned vanilla, Kelly
    Caito - town aligned vanilla, Lillith.
    Badger- mafia goon, John Allen Hill
    Mazer- mafia stalker Robin Colcord

UPDATE 36 hour window this round due to holiday and weekend. Time will end at 945pm central time Saturday.
    Last edited by Kneeneighbor; February 14th, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boom what a day and night lads. So Badger was the missing character and with him and Mazer gone, we have two scum and a neutral left?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, this has been doing my nut in since last night. What about Badger's post made Psycho and Pabs change their mind? I didn't see it until after he was a goner but of anything I thought it made him look even scummier. I felt his act was pretty transparent in this game.

And another thing, Badger was lynched with less votes than Stan. Does this mean anybody with a vote is at risk?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote kangus

Seems pretty clear cut here.