User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 1920

Thread: 2020 NFL Thread

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im never going to be able to stop saying SD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for Brees, the last 4 years the Saints have been a championship side with bad luck in the playoffs the previous 3 years and this year him coming in clearly off the pace with the ribs, as well as Michael Thomas probably back as a decoy more than a playmaker. Sad way for him to go out, especially when Brady likely gobbles up his regular season records next year. Biggest shame was the blown pass interference call of course, but the Minneapolis Miracle too. Still, he got a ring for a city that needed it, and retires a legend.

Rodgers vs. Brady was written in the stars wasn't it. The Super Bowl matchup of the '10's that never was. Rodgers sitting behind Favre all those years likely means he'll never achieve Brady or Brees' gaudy career statistics, so winning another ring is key to him being placed up there with Manning, Montana and Unitas as the second best to ever play the position. Especially during an MVP season. Saying that, Brady was merely a 3 time champion at Rodgers' age. Maybe he can start knocking on Tom's door.

Bills and Chiefs is the rightful championship game. Eliminate the Chiefs meaningless week 17 game and they're a combined 21-1 since they played in week 6, the 1 being the Hail Murray. 2 teams that have forgotten how to lose. Hopefully Mahomes isn't hampered as this should be a classic.

League is going to feel different if both Brees and Rivers bow out. Time waits for nobody, apart from Brady apparently.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take Brees over Brett as well, no disrespect to Favre's greatness.

Brady vs. Belichek is not something that could be solved by this one season apart from each other. There's no doubt that the Pats would still have had many problems had Brady stuck with them, especially this year as they did not address the offensive supporting cast, and this year their defensive side also lost a lot.

Good for Brady for figuring it out that things would not have gotten better in NE. He found the best situation for himself. Belichek did a lot with what he had this year, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. When Belichek steals Watson from Texas for next to nothing, the Pats will be back on top where they belong.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty easy to compare Tom and Bill from this season if you just swap them out.

How would Tom have done in New England this year? Maaaaybe 9-7 and he'd have missed the playoffs?

How about Bill as the coach in Tampa. Think maybe he'd have won 11 games? I think so.

Truth is those two teams are in very different places right now. I'd just like to see something on paper that explains to me where all of the Patriots money went.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saying is it's pretty easy to predict the outcome of a completely hypothetical situation? I don't buy it. Tom is one of the all-time greats who would've ran that offense completely different in New England. We have no idea what would've happened.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I'd just like to see something on paper that explains to me where all of the Patriots money went.
    They will have around $60 million in cap space for next season so they're in a good spot money-wise. This year they had over $18 million in dead money from Brady (due to the fake years they put on the back of his contract to spread the hit) & Antonio Brown, and they had more Covid opt-outs than any other team. They still could have spent more this year but chose not to. They're rolling over something like $20 million of cap space into next year, when all teams will need as much as possible due to the decreasing salary cap caused by Covid.

The Pats (and other teams with ample cap space this offseason) are set up well because free agents are likely about to get screwed by the decreased cap. Many teams won't have cap space to keep their own players and/or sign free agents for market deals. It's going to suck for NFL veterans but there will be bargains to be had by teams. I'm hoping we take advantage and re-load the roster with smart signings.

As for this Bill vs Brady thing, eh, idk why everyone wants to make a decision on it now when both their careers are ongoing. As I mentioned earlier, the equation will change again if/when Bill gets to another Super Bowl without Brady. It will change if Brady loses on Sunday or if he wins. It's fluid.

But for the record I have always believed and still believe Belichick is more important to the unprecedented success of the Patriots over 19 years. If Brady gets his 7th ring in a few weeks will it change my mind some? Sure. The 2020 season-to-date has not yet affected my opinion however. If you're surprised Brady had success in Tampa and it has changed your mind, well idk what you expected to happen when he signed there. I pegged him for MVP this year, and he came reasonably close.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    So what you're saying is it's pretty easy to predict the outcome of a completely hypothetical situation? I don't buy it. Tom is one of the all-time greats who would've ran that offense completely different in New England. We have no idea what would've happened.

I can tell you exactly how he would’ve run it. Exactly the same as last season.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Philip Rivers is retiring. He is in the top five for yards, touchdowns, and kids had by a quarterback.

Apparently he wants to coach his son in high school football, which is pretty cool.

Colts have a ton of cap space to find a QB. Impossible to think that the Texans would trade Watson in the division though.
    Last edited by TimeSplitter; January 20th, 2021 at 9:57 AM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rivers was a staple of this generation. Not a hall of famer in my view though he will garner consideration. Either way, great career.,

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lack of postseason success will be the big knock against him in HoF consideration. What a draft class of Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger at the top of the 2004 draft.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Philip Rivers is retiring. He is in the top five for yards, touchdowns, and kids had by a quarterback.

Apparently he wants to coach his son in high school football, which is pretty cool.

Colts have a ton of cap space to find a QB. Impossible to think that the Texans would trade Watson in the division though.
    I would love to see Watson in a Colts uniform next year but I have no doubts the Texans would (smartly) refuse to trade him within the division. They do have Eason who may be ready to step into the starting job. If he’s not he’s maybe a year or two away. I’d like to see them get Stafford as a band aid until Eason is ready.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Eason getting the job would be huge for my dynasty fantasy team as I came away with him late in the rookie draft last year in addition to Hurts. My other two QBs in Super Flex are Lamar and Brady. Will need someone for Brady sooner than later.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This may be one of the best QB final fours we have ever had. I think at the start of the year you probably would have put Lamar over Allen but the way they played this year its a great final 4. Most years there are 3 good ones and then a random in there. I think this falls just behind 1992 of Young, Aikman, Marino and Kelly and just ahead of 2017 with Brady, Foles, Keenum and Bortels.

EDIT- 1993 Was Young, Aikman, Kelly and Montana. That is pretty good as well.
    Last edited by Kneeneighbor; January 20th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take that 93 foursome of QB's for now, but once this year's group all retire, they'll probably have a lot more rings.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I'd take that 93 foursome of QB's for now, but once this year's group all retire, they'll probably have a lot more rings.
    Yea I would think so. They currently tail 8 to 10 but will get another this year to make it 9 to 10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great line up, but we're going to need more from Allen in the future to put it up near that pedestal. There's lineups with 4 of the top 10 in passing touchdowns, where all 4 have won an MVP, where all 4 have won a Super Bowl. If Buffalo wins, or Allen takes an MVP or ring in the future, it'll be up there. Retrospect usually does that though.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bucs vs bills super bowl is both my prediction and my rooting interest.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Im never going to be able to stop saying SD.
    I said St. Louis a couple weeks ago and Oakland just the other day..

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oakland's understandable. You were just reading their coaches hat.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    bucs vs bills super bowl is both my prediction and my rooting interest.
    Bucs Cheifs. Come on some part of you HAS to want Mahomes vs Brady.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has more of a rooting interest for Brady to win...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait...is Fro some kind of a Tom Brady fan???

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wait...is Fro some kind of a Tom Brady fan???
    Do you think?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that wouldn't be too shabby either but it would be more stressful

Brady vs Mahomes AFC Title game was a certified classic and the only reason the Chiefs aren't going for a 3-peat right now (I am going to make the assumption they too would have beaten the Rams).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That year's Chiefs team would have beaten the Rams for sure. If the one d-lineman hadn't jumped offi side at the end of the game we are talking about the Chiefs becoming a dynasty in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still one of the funnier clips I’d seen in a while....

”They said I was offsides............,,, was I?”

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packers.
    Chiefs.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Packers.
    Chiefs.
    Same.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm leaning on that as well, but it is hard to discount the Bucs and Bills. Ultimately I am rooting for two great games, and that Mahomes plays.

Also, the Eagles will have the Colts OC as their new head coach. Maybe the Texans will end up with Bienemy after all? Would hiring him end the Watson saga?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Maybe it's just gone under my radar, but I'm surprised at the just about non-existent talk of the possibility of a team playing in the SB at home for the first time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning on that as well, but it is hard to discount the Bucs and Bills. Ultimately I am rooting for two great games, and that Mahomes plays.

Also, the Eagles will have the Colts OC as their new head coach. Maybe the Texans will end up with Bienemy after all? Would hiring him end the Watson saga?
    Eagles clearly couldn't get the guy who might have had the best chance to fix Wentz so they got the OC for that guy's team.

If I were EB, I don't know why I'd want to be considered the saving grace for the Texans. Even if I showed up and kept Watson, they still have a lot of problems. If I show up and Watson still leaves, that's a mess. Reeks of a stay away situation right now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Maybe the Texans will end up with Bienemy after all? Would hiring him end the Watson saga?
    It would help, but the nonsense goes a ways deeper than the HC decision.

It's a massive mistrust between Deshaun and the Owner/GM/Jack Easterby - and the some things never change sentiment -..

..all positions that have been turned over since his joining the team.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s been some, just not a ton. I imagine if they beat the Packers it’ll be a major pushed storyline as part of the SB.

Edit I really gotta check if some of the posts i respond to are actual the last messages posted.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Maybe it's just gone under my radar, but I'm surprised at the just about non-existent talk of the possibility of a team playing in the SB at home for the first time.
    I think most of the world is just sick of Brady, so they're avoiding the topic in hopes it isn't manifested in any way.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. I now know you never listen to Skip Bayless lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Well. I now know you never listen to Skip Bayless lol.
    Ya bud, you couldn't pay me enough to watch/listen to anything from Bayless or Stephen A.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Ya bud, you couldn't pay me enough to watch/listen to anything from Bayless or Stephen A.
    Two loudmouth nutsacks trying so hard to become the next Jim Rome, except they aren’t nearly as good.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love him. He's like the national enquirer of sports journalism. You get some truth, some lies and the occasional bigfoot sighting. But he's been pushing the theory that Tom went to "Tompa Bay" in order to be the first team to have a home Super Bowl ever since he first signed there.

Cause you know, Mike Evans and company had nothing to do with it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Mike Vrable is looking like an ass right now.

He wants very badly to be the head defensive mind for the Titans. He and GM Jon Robinson like to think of the Titans as "Patriots south."

But to start out J Rob had Dean Pees come out of retirement to be the DC. The Titans didn't really have anything close to big talent on defense but Pees made them passable.

Then Pees "retired" again. Or rather Vrable got his way. We know the rest. The Titans had a historically bad defense all year. Of course this was revealed to not really be Vrable's fault when he revealed at the end of the season that the DC had really been the line coach all along. A surprise to everone including the line coach who had never recieved that title.

Then OC Arthur Smith leaves to become the hc of the Falcons. Right after Dean Pees comes out of retirement to become the DC for him. Everyone in Nashville is like wtf why isn't he coming out of retirement for US?

Well now the word is that Vrable called Pees and offered him a "defensive consultant" role which he declined.

This might be a problem.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I love him. He's like the national enquirer of sports journalism. You get some truth, some lies and the occasional bigfoot sighting. But he's been pushing the theory that Tom went to "Tompa Bay" in order to be the first team to have a home Super Bowl ever since he first signed there.

Cause you know, Mike Evans and company had nothing to do with it.
    Bro, far be it from me to tell you or anyone else what they should or shouldn't enjoy.. but I just don't get it.

But I also dont read the national enquirer, so..

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skip and Stephen A were a good pairing and I watched First Take when they were there but I don't watch either of them now. Not a fan of their respective new co-hosts. I do follow Skip on twitter though and he has only gotten more obnoxious over the years, which makes him a fairly good twitter follow, but yea he is a clown forreal. He's not someone to be taken seriously.

I like Cowherd most when it comes to those types of guys. Not that I listen to him regularly either but I watch clips of his fairly often.

Anyway as for Tampa being home team in the SB, it would be very cool and a big story, albeit less of a home field advantage due to covid. I think that may be why it's not been talked about more, since home field in general is not as big this year. But they're allowing 22,000 people in so that's a lot. So yea it will be cool, and I'm sure it'll be mentioned a million times in the next 2 weeks IF the Bucs get there. A little premature to make too much of it now.

The NFC is the home team this year so this wouldn't be an issue, but if the AFC was "home" would they make the Bucs go to the visiting locker room? Surely not. But I wonder what the rule is.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Latest prediction is low of 12 and 70% chance of snow during Packers Bucs. May not matter though since Arians is full of hot air.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Tom Pelissero

Sources: The #Lions and Matthew Stafford have mutually agreed to part ways this offseason and the team will begin exploring trade options in the coming weeks for their star QB.
    2021 QB carousel is gonna be pretty dope..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Pelissero

2021 QB carousel is gonna be pretty dope..
    So many moving parts with trade requests and the draft.
    Saw a report that your boy DW is high on the Jets and Fins.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    So many moving parts with trade requests and the draft.
    Saw a report that your boy DW is high on the Jets and Fins.
    Ya, could be three new starters by years end from the draft alone. Plus the many several FA and/or trade acquisitions. And it's looking like this is may become the new normal for the league offseason.

I'm damn near at a point where I'd just as soon move him, get a draft haul, dump as many bad contracts as possible, and just start from scratch. And I say that as a huge Watson believer. All the drama over the old regime and Deshaun's discontent + the doom and gloom over our current draft capital/salary cap dumpster fire has just about got me to the fuck it tipping point. And I happen to be really pretty fond of Zach Wilson.
    Last edited by Percussion; January 23rd, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be 100% on board with the Colts giving up whatever the Texans want for Watson. Really a shame it won’t happen. I’m assuming they’ve already had discussions about whether to give up a first for Stafford. I wouldn’t mind that either. He’ll be more than serviceable for a couple seasons until Eason is ready.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I've had to be a bit of a voice of reason for some dumb dumbs around here advocating for a trade with Jax to the 1.1 pick and Lawrence.

Zero chance, no matter what the return, that we send a guy like Deshaun to a position to play us twice a year for the next decade etc.

And short of a mindblowing return of young affordable talent (plus picks) elsewhere I can't see anyone outside of Miami or New York with the capital to pull it off.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've had to be a bit of a voice of reason for some dumb dumbs around here advocating for a trade with Jax to the 1.1 pick and Lawrence.

Zero chance, no matter what the return, that we send a guy like Deshaun to a position to play us twice a year for the next decade etc.

And short of a mindblowing return of young affordable talent (plus picks) elsewhere I can't see anyone outside of Miami or New York with the capital to pull it off.
    For Jacksonville to get Watson, I want their 1-3 this year and next. And probably 2 players. Minimum.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be very surprised if Stafford isn’t a Colt next season. The most realistic options seem like them, the Broncos, and the Niners. Dark horse might be the Panthers but I think it’s still too soon in their rebuild to throw him in there.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, could be three new starters by years end from the draft alone. Plus the many several FA and/or trade acquisitions. And it's looking like this is may become the new normal for the league offseason.

I'm damn near at a point where I'd just as soon move him, get a draft haul, dump as many bad contracts as possible, and just start from scratch. And I say that as a huge Watson believer. All the drama over the old regime and Deshaun's discontent + the doom and gloom over our current draft capital/salary cap dumpster fire has just about got me to the fuck it tipping point. And I happen to be really pretty fond of Zach Wilson.
    I could see him fetching a few firsts and a couple seconds.
    I love Watson, probably one of my 5 favorite players in the nfl right now. Dude is just so fun to watch.

What bad contracts do the Texans have?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bucs have a chance today. If they can get pressure on Rodgers he'll fall apart.

Mahomes having turf toe may be what tips the ball in the basket for the Bills. I feel pretty confident the Bills are going to the big game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    I could see him fetching a few firsts and a couple seconds.
    I love Watson, probably one of my 5 favorite players in the nfl right now. Dude is just so fun to watch.

What bad contracts do the Texans have?
    LB Whitney Mercilus
    C Nick Martin
    RB David Johnson
    DE JJ Watt (just given his current production)
    LB Zach Cunningham
    LB Benardrick McKinney
    WR Randall Cobb
    S Eric Murray

And all but the Watt deal are a direct result of Bill O'Brien.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Best football day of the year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Brady is having a game. Rodgers needs a legendary half to overcome this. Both defences poor on 3rd down thus far.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Bills win then I win a lot of money.

Let's go Buffalo.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The packers kicked a field goal 😭😭

10 Super Bowls for Brady 😭😭

Home team super bowl 🏴*☠️🏴*☠️

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many head scratching moments in that game.
    Lafleur coached his worst game to date today.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brady was Godawful in the second half but got bailed out by his defense and ineptitude by Green Bay's offense. Way too many missed opportunities left on the field for the Pack. Offense, defense, special teams: all pretty below par for them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lafleur sucks.

He just does.

Buffalo are going to have to abandon this soft zone shit. It ain't working.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dink

Dunk

First down.

Dunk

Dink

First down.

Dinkity

Dunkety

Touchdown.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brady vs Mahomes. Ratings are gonna be YUGE.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buffalo didn't have a clue what to do defensively and they just weren't mentally there on offense.

Looking forward to seeing the matchup.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First matchup this season had 23 million viewers.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I've been enjoying the old vets against each other the past couple of weeks. 3 great QBs on the sunset of their career. But yeah, now we get the goat vs the future.

gonna be a fun ride.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a lot

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only the second qb to lead a team to the super bowl in each conference. if he wins, becomes the only qb to win a super bowl in each. insane.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bills Mafia still empty trophy cabinet
    @Matthew DICK CITY BABAAAAAAY

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am very proud of my team

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Bills Mafia still empty trophy cabinet
    @Matthew DICK CITY BABAAAAAAY
    How'd them Fins do in the playoffs this year? About as good as the Bengals, right?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    How'd them Fins do in the playoffs this year? About as good as the Bengals, right?
    Yes you’re right but we beat you anyways and plus have 2 Super Bowls in our trophy cabinet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Yes you’re right but we beat you anyways and plus have 2 Super Bowls in our trophy cabinet.
    Your team played, albeit poorly, in Week 17 for a playoff spot. They were toast well before then lol.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an aside, I bet Brady's success will fuel Belichick. Even if I think the debate between them is silly, whenever Belichick has to do press again in 2021 he's going to get asked about Brady a million times and he's surely feeling something about Brady getting back to the SB in his first year with a new team. This will be the ultimate Belichick fuel and he's going to coach his dick off even more than normal to get the Pats back to the Super Bowl. Pats fans who aren't like me and don't want Brady to succeed elsewhere should at least take comfort in this. Belichick will not want the narrative to be that Brady had success when he left and the Pats did not. Maybe this even extends Belichick's career until he gets another title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    As an aside, I bet Brady's success will fuel Belichick. Even if I think the debate between them is silly, whenever Belichick has to do press again in 2021 he's going to get asked about Brady a million times and he's surely feeling something about Brady getting back to the SB in his first year with a new team. This will be the ultimate Belichick fuel and he's going to coach his dick off even more than normal to get the Pats back to the Super Bowl. Pats fans who aren't like me and don't want Brady to succeed elsewhere should at least take comfort in this. Belichick will not want the narrative to be that Brady had success when he left and the Pats did not. Maybe this even extends Belichick's career until he gets another title.
    Looks like we all need to pray for his package then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They literally couldn't have scripted it better. I'd have preferred the Buffalo story just for the irony of them finally coming good only to be greeted by their old nemesis as the final boss, but the defending champion having to go into the home of the GOAT to attempt to become the first repeat winning QB since Brady did it himself is magic. Mahomes is 6-1 in playoff games, the 1 being Brady. The Chiefs have gone 25-2 since the Titans beat them in week 10 of 2019, with one of those losses being a meaningless game against the Chargers where half of the starters sat. Either there's a new dynasty and the Chiefs are on their way to Patriots level dominance, or Tom Brady stops them when he's not even in the conference anymore.

On the Brady subject - does he retire on a win? I've no doubt he carries on if he loses because he knows he can get there again, but it surely gets to the point where if there's a perfect ending, you take it? I guess the only thing is that there's limited fans in attendance, but from a sporting perspective you can't beat being written off, going to another team, revitalizing them and having a stellar year yourself, beating your 2 biggest contemporaries back to back on the road in the playoffs before winning the first ever home Super Bowl against your heir apparent. Magnificent Seven. That's it, isn't it? He can't get to fucking 10 .

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fro, you aren't alone among Patriots fans who want Brady to succeed, as long as he's not playing us. And I don't think Belichick cares all that much about the narrative others will come up with - he is more concerned about doing whatever he can to help his own football team succeed. For now, that has to be evaluating college talent, and figuring out who on his team he wants to bring back, who he can get via trade, etc.

Do you think Bill is rooting for the Chiefs because he doesn't want Tom and Gronk to succeed? Or do you think he will root for the Bucs, because he wants to forever remain the coach of the last team to repeat as SuperBowl champs.

He's disappointed either way, but I don't think any of it is personal with Belichick - the reason he's been so successful is precisely because that he's able to focus on doing what he can to improve his team. I think what stings Bill worse than Brady's success is the fact that the Pats had their first losing season in 20 years. That alone will be the motivation for him to coach his phallus off even more than normal.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    They literally couldn't have scripted it better. I'd have preferred the Buffalo story just for the irony of them finally coming good only to be greeted by their old nemesis as the final boss, but the defending champion having to go into the home of the GOAT to attempt to become the first repeat winning QB since Brady did it himself is magic. Mahomes is 6-1 in playoff games, the 1 being Brady. The Chiefs have gone 25-2 since the Titans beat them in week 10 of 2019, with one of those losses being a meaningless game against the Chargers where half of the starters sat. Either there's a new dynasty and the Chiefs are on their way to Patriots level dominance, or Tom Brady stops them when he's not even in the conference anymore.

On the Brady subject - does he retire on a win? I've no doubt he carries on if he loses because he knows he can get there again, but it surely gets to the point where if there's a perfect ending, you take it? I guess the only thing is that there's limited fans in attendance, but from a sporting perspective you can't beat being written off, going to another team, revitalizing them and having a stellar year yourself, beating your 2 biggest contemporaries back to back on the road in the playoffs before winning the first ever home Super Bowl against your heir apparent. Magnificent Seven. That's it, isn't it? He can't get to fucking 10 .
    I have no doubt whatsoever that Brady returns next year. The competitive nature in him demands it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post

If the Bucs win the Super Bowl, I put the odds of Brady retiring at 1 in 500. He's not retiring. He has 2 more years left to reach his goal of playing until 45. He's still good and he's still healthy. No reason he would take this "perfect ending" after passing up on his last 2 "perfect endings". He's in it for the love of the game.

Fro, you aren't alone among Patriots fans who want Brady to succeed, as long as he's not playing us. And I don't think Belichick cares all that much about the narrative others will come up with - he is more concerned about doing whatever he can to help his own football team succeed. For now, that has to be evaluating college talent, and figuring out who on his team he wants to bring back, who he can get via trade, etc.

Do you think Bill is rooting for the Chiefs because he doesn't want Tom and Gronk to succeed? Or do you think he will root for the Bucs, because he wants to forever remain the coach of the last team to repeat as SuperBowl champs.

He's disappointed either way, but I don't think any of it is personal with Belichick - the reason he's been so successful is precisely because that he's able to focus on doing what he can to improve his team. I think what stings Bill worse than Brady's success is the fact that the Pats had their first losing season in 20 years. That alone will be the motivation for him to coach his phallus off even more than normal.
    I think he does care about the narrative even though he would never say it. It's hard to measure that sort of thing.. like how the Pats went undefeated after Spygate... maybe they would have done that anyway, but it felt like they really wanted to go beast mode on the league due to the cheating scandal. And I think this too is true motivation for him. Just like he uses bulletin board material to fuel his players, he too is helped by it. And this is a major one since he and Brady will always be linked.

I don't know that he is rooting for anyone. Rooting doesn't seem like his style unless another game would determine his team's playoff standings. But if you put a gun to his head and asked him to pick who he prefers to win, idk, maybe the Chiefs.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to be honest I have close to zero interest in this super bowl.

I'll probably watch the first half and then fall asleep.

Who is on the half time show? I assume it will be a studio thing?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Got to be honest I have close to zero interest in this super bowl.

I'll probably watch the first half and then fall asleep.

Who is on the half time show? I assume it will be a studio thing?
    The Weeknd.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yes like all Super Bowls, but who will be performing?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Yes like all Super Bowls, but who will be performing?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Your team played, albeit poorly, in Week 17 for a playoff spot. They were toast well before then lol.
    Unlucky for a 10-6 team to not make the playoffs, that’s all it is.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiefs pro bowl left tackle Eric Fisher getting hurt (torn ACL) is significant. Andy Reid says he also doesn't expect their right tackle Mitchell Schwartz back for the Super Bowl (he's been on IR since week 7). The Bucs have a good pass rush. If they are to slow down the Chiefs offense, this is the way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was kind of a deceptive 10-6 though. The Jets and Jaguars were historically bad and that accounted for 3 of the wins. Another against the Bengals without Burrow. They were a much improved team but certainly overachieved at 10-6. They'll be better next year, probably go 8-8 or 9-7, and the league might have more parity to the point where that's good enough to make the playoffs. 10-6 was a reflection on the top heavy nature of the AFC this year, with good records and bad records and not much in between. The Bears got in with an 8-8 because nobody outright sucked in the NFC so the middle pack all got wins against each other, whereas the bottom of the AFC was shite.

It is what makes the NFL so great though. The parity. Even those bad organisations, they're a good off season away from fringe playoff consideration. And vice versa. The Saints are in trouble next year with no franchise QB and a load of cap space to clear. Teams lose big cogs of the machine regularly. Only 4 teams having a playoff drought of longer than 4 years (and only 1 with one longer than 5 years) is a testament to the system working.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh we know it was an overachievement but there was also good wins to counter the Bengals win. Still 10-6 and not quite making it was still shit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brady isn't going anywhere. He wants a record that absolutely nobody could ever possibly break. 8 or 9 superbowl wins.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Please someone say something good about David Culley having been on your team's staff..

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please someone say something good about David Culley having been on your team's staff..
    whatever you do don't read this tweet https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/s...045679620?s=20

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deshaun Watson formally requested a trade weeks ago, per Schefter. Not exactly surprising but now it's official(ly reported by the media).

I know it's not likely given our not-great draft assets, but I am going to keep dreaming of Caserio dealing him to New England until the day he goes elsewhere.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    This franchise is hopeless.

There's literally nothing to look forward to when your ownership is the problem.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This franchise is hopeless.

There's literally nothing to look forward to when your ownership is the problem.

This is what Knicks fans feel

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knicks are on the upswing!

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give it time....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Lions fan here getting upset when other team's fans talk about inept ownership.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what Knicks fans feel
    Not wrong here.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for the man. He's finally getting his shot in the kitchen and the fridge is gonna be empty.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I can't say the same.

The guy never honestly expected to be a HC, and now he's going to have a fat retirement nest egg. He'll float off into the sunset in peaceful anonymity after a taking it lightly on the chin for a couple seasons.

Nothing will reasonably be expected of him and his responsibilities will be widdled down to being the nice guy shield for the cowards in charge while they groom the next guy and try and reload a new marketing campaign.

Nothing against the guy at all really either, I just feel for the fans here far more than some dude who's going to knowingly cash out of this whole mess.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a weird hire, you might think BOB is still running things but he'd also have to collect four sixth rounders in exchange for Watson if he was there.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The surprise to me is that Bienemy did not land a HC job.