User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Thread

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well then you will be in for a treat when we get to the dead part of the offseason (post-draft) when there's no reason to follow the sport at all for a few months

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per report, ESPN is looking to talk to NBC to try to buy out Al Michaels from his deal to pair him with Peyton Manning for the MNF booth. Outside of that option, ESPN is interested in Phillip Rivers as an option as well.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good summary of/perspective on the labor deal here:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/03/pr...mpression=true

seems likely (in my opinion) that it will get the 50% vote needed by the players to accept it. and that is a shame given that they are agreeing to 17 games without getting enough back. vote no!

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    good summary of/perspective on the labor deal here:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/03/pr...mpression=true

seems likely (in my opinion) that it will get the 50% vote needed by the players to accept it. and that is a shame given that they are agreeing to 17 games without getting enough back. vote no!
    The owners have once again done a masterful job of splitting the union.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Per report, ESPN is looking to talk to NBC to try to buy out Al Michaels from his deal to pair him with Peyton Manning for the MNF booth. Outside of that option, ESPN is interested in Phillip Rivers as an option as well.
    I hope it works out. Michaels moving over would be fine since NBC already has Tirico to replace him. And let ESPN/Disney pay Peyton a dumb amount of money to entice him into the booth. Anything to make the program better than it's been lately.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Peyton. Love him.

Don't know if I wanna hear him for a whole game though...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't anticipate him doing it, despite ESPN's wishes. He's got some many opportunities outside of the NFL that could be exciting or interesting to him and he'll get whatever he asks for in return. And he's just as likely to become an owner or GM than an announcer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed this ride, and if it’s over, I think if they never win another while I live, I’m cool with six....

but this whole “will he/won’t he” has been so tedious and annoying that I just want it done with. If he’s back, cool. If he’s not, thanks for the 6, and who is next?
    well then you will be in for a treat when we get to the dead part of the offseason (post-draft) when there's no reason to follow the sport at all for a few months
    Just coordinate it where Brady goes to SF and Garoppolo goes back to NE.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the hot rumor. You know how I feel about that.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting Jimmy G back would be the best possible solution. It would be perfect for Brady to get to play for his hometown team and us to get back the prince who was promised. I don't see it happening - but if the Niners want to swap out Jimmy for a couple years of Brady, I'm all for it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting Jimmy G back would be the best possible solution. It would be perfect for Brady to get to play for his hometown team and us to get back the prince who was promised. I don't see it happening - but if the Niners want to swap out Jimmy for a couple years of Brady, I'm all for it.
    As Caito knows, I think it's a bold strategy from SF's perspective to go for Brady, but I can't fault the logic in.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Brady/9ers vs Jimmy G/Pats Super Bowl..

It's so preposterously good as a storyline.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Brady be an upgrade for the 49ers at this point? I can see why we'd take him over Tannehill, considering the possibility that he's a one season wonder like Flacco or whatever, and Henry's the carthorse, but there's a reason they paid Jimmy. They got to the Super Bowl last year. Players seem to like him. A young core group of players growing together. Doesn't sound too plausible to me. I still think he stays in New England, and they go and get OBJ or a Mike Evans for him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Would Brady be an upgrade for the 49ers at this point? I can see why we'd take him over Tannehill, considering the possibility that he's a one season wonder like Flacco or whatever, and Henry's the carthorse, but there's a reason they paid Jimmy. They got to the Super Bowl last year. Players seem to like him. A young core group of players growing together. Doesn't sound too plausible to me. I still think he stays in New England, and they go and get OBJ or a Mike Evans for him.
    My working theory is that the Niners (Shanahan) are undercutting themselves with their assessment of Garoppolo. Is he great? No. Is still someone who can develop? Yes, but not a ton. He can be a guy that leads a team to the Super Bowl and win because they almost did it. I did not buy into the narrative that they made it to the Super Bowl despite him that was being played up leading towards that game but the actions of that game did feed into that narrative. The fact of the matter is everything could be radically flipped if he wasn't 4-5 yards off from Sanders on that bomb in the fourth. Literally everything could be different. The Niners got conservative going into half and we're content to play it safe (which was stupid against KC) until they lucked into some momentum. It feels like they rightfully were depending on their scheme and run game but he didn't fully trust Garoppolo for larger chunks of their playoff run and even within the last game. Shanahan might have gotten burned by it in some ways. So if the trajectory of a team in today's landscape is maybe 2-3 years and Shanahan is on the verge of nuking his reputation, he might take a chance and leave no stone unturned by getting someone he knows he can trust because the dude has done it so many times.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If SF really gets Brady, and they don’t win a SB in the next 2 years before he retires, Shanahan is fired. Not even a question.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If SF really gets Brady, and they don’t win a SB in the next 2 years before he retires, Shanahan is fired. Not even a question.
    I have a question or two. I mean lets say that happens and he makes it to the next two Super Bowls but loses them both. In my opinion you don't possibly consider firing a coach who gets you to 3 straight super bowls.

Which is just to say, your hyperbole here is exaggerated greatly beyond reality.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hyperbole is greatly exaggerated only in that exact scenario.

But let’s say that does play out. Shanahan gets his team to theee Super Bowls in a row, loses them all. You telling me there won’t be questioning as to if he is the right coach. 3 shots at the title and no win?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially in this era of “what have you done for me lately” and “win now”.

Never mind the young players that are currently on team friendly deals, and probably won’t be able to afford them in 2-3 years time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could fire him. SF ownership wants another ring bad and they keep getting close, just missing the ring, and then they tear down and start over with a new coach/new qb.

That being said it seems like they really like Shanahan so I'd doubt they fire him before they let him try a different qb.

If this all comes to fruition I'd shit. Skip Bayless actually tweeted out before the SB was over that's exactly what they should do and it seemed like such a silly Skip thing to say for attention.

But there is logic there. The question is, if Brady leaves the Pats, does he want to stay in the AFC so he can really rub it in Bill's face?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only place he would prob go in the AFC East is Miami, and their heart is set on Tua, with prob Fitzpatrick as the in-between.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no but we are a mere 11 days away from the legal tampering window. get hyped.
    Yeah it’ll still run way over those 11 days.

What’s the situation then. Is it contract time? Money? Bill think its time to move on?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Yeah it’ll still run way over those 11 days.

What’s the situation then. Is it contract time? Money? Bill think its time to move on?
    let me reach out to Tom via twitter and get back to you

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Instagram.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me reach out to Tom via twitter and get back to you
    Ok what’s the rumoured report over in cheat land?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Ok what’s the rumoured report over in cheat land?
    Sorry man I know you want these details to get your Brady news fix but I honestly haven’t seen any rumors or gossip for you about contract specifics in terms of dollar amounts or length.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last rumored report was there was a phone call between Bill and Tom this week, and said phone call didn’t go great.

Who are the sources on that, who knows, but my opinion is it comes from the Brady camp.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last rumored report was there was a phone call between Bill and Tom this week, and said phone call didn’t go great.

Who are the sources on that, who knows, but my opinion is it comes from the Brady camp.
    Neither guy is going to have a camp that's abundant in terms of relaying this type of information to the media but Tom stands to benefit more, in my opinion, if it comes out that the discussion didn't go well. That's how I generally try to identify where a source came from.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open division for our division next season then.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. Without Brady though, I think the Bills would be the favorite.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’d agree with that.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respectfully disagree

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, old Bill's not going to enter the season with a playoff ready team and have a scrub under centre. If it's not Brady, it'll be somebody very capable with a good chance of winning in a stable, well coached team - Andy Dalton, Teddy Bridgewater, Ryan Tannehill etc. The Bills might pip them based on being one of the steadily improving organisations in the league, but it won't be because New England will dramatically taper off in Brady's absence.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Brady-less Patriots compared to the Bills remains a push to me until I see who the QB actually is. Just based off perception and not seeing things playing out yet, I'll give the nod to the Patriots if its someone like Bridgewater or maybe Tannehill. If it's a tier down like Dalton or Mariotta, I'm not so sure. If they go all in on Stidham, color me super suspicious.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brady isn’t signing, i don’t think you’re getting anybody as expensive as Bridgewater in. Even Tannehill’s price went up.

I think it’s more likely someone is signed on the cheap, a QB is drafted, and Bill resets for a year, maybe two.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brady isn’t signing, i don’t think you’re getting anybody as expensive as Bridgewater in. Even Tannehill’s price went up.

I think it’s more likely someone is signed on the cheap, a QB is drafted, and Bill resets for a year, maybe two.
    What resetting? The man can field a winner with Matt Cassel.

Matt...Cassel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    What resetting? The man can field a winner with Matt Cassel.

Matt...Cassel.
    The better argument, to me, would be the start to the '16 season. Enough has changed to the state of the game from the '08 season you're mentioning to kind of nullify the trajectory of the QB in that season. Not so much for the scheming by Belichick but I think QB play has improved dramatically since then. For '16, you had two different quarterbacks play, and both of them are still starters in the league.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow still talking about a team that will just be a footnote on the bills superbowl season

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The start of the 16 season also had more weapons on it. As of right now, no tight end. One receiver they trust. A guy going into his second year, most of his rookie season he is out on injury. A veteran in Sanu that was rather disappointing while here. And a rushing game that took a rather large step back this year.

As of right now, they do not have a team that wins the division without Brady. Maybe with this extra wild card spot they get in, but I don’t think it’s close to a guarantee.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the perception on how well Brady can actually perform next season though? A high level of production is unprecedented at his advanced age. Yet he is only 13 months removed from a world championship. Is the belief that the team failed due to production at wide receiver, or that Brady dropped off? The likelihood is that it's a combination of both, but have Gronk's retirement, Edelman's injuries and Gordon and AB being Gordon and AB perhaps given Brady an out for not being the player he was?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    What's the perception on how well Brady can actually perform next season though? A high level of production is unprecedented at his advanced age. Yet he is only 13 months removed from a world championship. Is the belief that the team failed due to production at wide receiver, or that Brady dropped off? The likelihood is that it's a combination of both, but have Gronk's retirement, Edelman's injuries and Gordon and AB being Gordon and AB perhaps given Brady an out for not being the player he was?
    There also wasn't a running game that had to be respected to a high degree. I would think the rational perception is he hit some regression but the lack of production around him was more of the issue.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was both. There were plenty of throws last year that you saw him miss that you sat back and said “Brady doesn’t miss those.”

There was also subpar production from receivers.

NE’s defense hid a lot of offensive problems the first 9 weeks or so. Eventually they played better teams though and no matter how well the D played, the offense simply couldn’t do enough to win games they absolutely had to win.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the Brady stuff, this CBA is the real story of the offseason. The vote is now due by Saturday at dusk. The more I read the more I'm still in the camp that the players should vote no. I'm really rooting for them to shoot this down and go back to the table. The owners are dickheads. Give them the 50/50 revenue split if you want 17 games.

I've seen it written that if there is a work stoppage, the NFL would get replacement players. They did it in '87 and they'd do it again. I'd love to see that clusterfuck in this the age of the internet. I really don't know what would happen in the court of public opinion if it came to that. I'd like to think fans would have the players' backs but truthfully most fans are dickheads too and would probably just want the product back on their screens at any cost to the players.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The narrative is already in place from the perspective of the owners and the things that would be improving for the players. The players would have to do a job of stating their case in the court of public opinion to express why it is in their best interest to take away what the paying audience loves. I doubt they would do that effectively.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Forget the Brady stuff, this CBA is the real story of the offseason. The vote is now due by Saturday at dusk. The more I read the more I'm still in the camp that the players should vote no. I'm really rooting for them to shoot this down and go back to the table. The owners are dickheads. Give them the 50/50 revenue split if you want 17 games.

I've seen it written that if there is a work stoppage, the NFL would get replacement players. They did it in '87 and they'd do it again. I'd love to see that clusterfuck in this the age of the internet. I really don't know what would happen in the court of public opinion if it came to that. I'd like to think fans would have the players' backs but truthfully most fans are dickheads too and would probably just want the product back on their screens at any cost to the players.
    The players are spoiled overpaid brats who need to just shut up and play ball.

Stop kneeling, stop bitching, stop being ingrates and play ball.

At least the xfl players actually play for the love of football. I can just watch them instead.

This is what I imagine a large portion of fans saying if a work stoppage occurs..

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You had me in the first half

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the players are spoiled overpaid brats (millionaires) what does that say about owners, who a decent amount of fans prob feel are spoiled and greedy individuals (billionaires).

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    The players are spoiled overpaid brats who need to just shut up and play ball.

Stop kneeling, stop bitching, stop being ingrates and play ball.

At least the xfl players actually play for the love of football. I can just watch them instead.

This is what I imagine a large portion of fans saying if a work stoppage occurs..
    They will totally say those things.

But also, fuck em. Who cares? There is only one NFL and they'll come back as soon as the football players do because ain't nobody watching scrub football in this day and age.

Everyone is a fantasy fan. Nobody gives a fuck about the team anymore.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, people already (at much smaller scale) watch scrub football today. If it's the only thing there, people will watch it because they need their fill of football. The leverage is going to shrink for both sides but it'll fall at a more precipitous rate for the players and they'll be in danger of taking a worse deal than what's available now if they go the route of a work stoppage. I just don't see a work stoppage happening. There's stars and they likely don't want the rigors of more potential games but they're likely outnumbered by the "common folk" of the league and that majority needs the money and opportunities more.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...144835584/Amp/

Hoping this is the case. Brady needs to finish in New England. Titans need to make Ryan a good offer and get this thing moving forward.

The latest comes from Dianna Russini of ESPN, who said a potential suitor -- the Tennessee Titans -- are not “all-in” on signing the future Hall of Famer.

“In terms of Brady’s interest in playing in Nashville, he certainly would love that opportunity, but from what I can gather, it does not seem like the Titans are all in on Tom Brady,” she reported.

“I think every team has to be open minded to Tom Brady, they have to have that conversation. I just think that they’re more committed to making it work with Ryan Tannehill than they are Tom Brady.”

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very informative report by Dianna with insightful new information that changes how I look at the Brady free agency landscape.

Not.

5 days til the tamper window.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the idea of the Patriots and Brady, this reads one way: Brady is good with staying but he wants to be shown appreciation. We've heard former or even current players state that Belichick isn't emphatic in terms of praising players. That works for accountability because anyone can get the wrath but it hurts in a sense that people, particularly ones that stay a long time, want to know they're valued and a vital cog. I'm sure there's a relative divide in what the Patriots are willing to spend, especially compared to reported offerings from someone like the Raiders, but I bet that divide could be made up if Belichick gives in and placates Brady in a way to makes Brady feel valued. What that is remains to be seen but I imagine it's relatively reasonable. The question then becomes does Belichick thaw his demeanor or is he good with sticking to who he is?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news:

Former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has officially signed with WWE, an insider told TheWrap exclusively. The ex-NFL great is set to debut one week from Friday on the March 20 episode of Fox’s “SmackDown.” Gronk is also due to appear at April 5’s WrestleMania 36 in Tampa, Fla., the insider told TheWrap. Current plans call for that appearance to be part of a build-up to a future match. In other words, the three-time Super Bowl champion will not have a match at the Super Bowl of professional wrestling — this year, at least. The “SmackDown” debut makes sense for Gronk, who joined Fox Sports in October as an NFL analyst.
    Who do you guys think he should he feud with and ultimately fight? I don't watch WWE so I have no idea.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first guess is Baron Corbin. Second guess is Dolph Ziggler.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Him and RTruth in a never ending 24/7 championship feud.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news:

Who do you guys think he should he feud with and ultimately fight? I don't watch WWE so I have no idea.
    Doesn't matter because it will be Braun Strowman.

On the Brady side of things, I cant begin to imagine that all of this just boils down to him wanting more pats on the head from Bill. I mean I'm sure he'd like that but come on. My man wants to win more rings and he needs talent around him to do that and he wants to be told what the fucking plan is to get him some weapons.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Doesn't matter because it will be Braun Strowman.

On the Brady side of things, I cant begin to imagine that all of this just boils down to him wanting more pats on the head from Bill. I mean I'm sure he'd like that but come on. My man wants to win more rings and he needs talent around him to do that and he wants to be told what the fucking plan is to get him some weapons.
    That is in part in regards to the divide I mentioned in regards to the financials for the Patriots. They're not a QB away. They need more. So if he's going to take less than what is reportedly out there on the open market for him, unless he's in a Stockholm Syndrome situation and just can't leave New England, he's going to need some positive reinforcement in addition to the resources. Maybe that's in relation to him personally or more towards saying, "take care of me with my support staff by giving me better weapons". It's all a matter of showing they value him by giving him more help rather than saying let's just marginalize you, have you be a game manager, and rely on the defense.

He's going to be treated like a deity if he goes elsewhere and he's presumably going to a situation where he thinks the weapons are a fit for him to make a run. If that's the case, he's gotta feel something of that sort with New England or he's going to feel like it's worth leaving.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 11th, 2020 at 5:30 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CBA passed by a player vote of 1019 (yes) to 959 (no). That is so close. 17 games here we come.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tennessee is close to locking up Tannehill to a multi-year extension, per ESPN.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.titansonline.com/news/ti...ryan-tannehill

Deal is done. 118 mil over 4 years. 62 fully guaranteed. 91 mil total guaranteed. Super well structured. He can basically be cut in the 4th year if he stinks with the guaranteed money mostly up front. And the money on the 3rd year looks to not become guaranteed if he starts the year injured.

2020 is $17.5m fully guaranteed.

2021 is $24.5m fully guaranteed.

2022 is $29m guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on 5th day of 2021 league year.

2023 is $27.5m base.

*sigh of relief*

Thank GOD.

Now Conklin...gotta tag or sign him. Then what to do with Henry.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; March 15th, 2020 at 4:32 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CBA passed by a player vote of 1019 (yes) to 959 (no). That is so close. 17 games here we come.
    Yep

- 17 game season (not this season)
    - expanded playoffs like we talked about. Only one team gets a bye. 7 teams get in AFC/NFC (This season)
    - players get a bigger cut of revenue share (to 48 from 47 percent. With a possible increases to 48.8)
    - preseason shorter (3 games. Starts in 2021)
    - significantly less punishments for marijuana usage (no suspensions. Less testing. Higher THC levels to fail)
    - higher minimum salaries
    - higher spending floor
    - only 4 joint practices allowed
    - no more than 2.5 hours of practice in pads at full speed
    - no more than 16 practice days in pads
    - disciplinary cases now decided by a "neutral party" not the commish
    - rosters go from 53 to 55 men (48 man game-day. Must have 8 OL)
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; March 15th, 2020 at 6:10 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if the Raiders noise was just noise a few weeks back but if not, it sounds like Patriots, Buccaneers, Raiders are the options for Brady. Seems like a bigger leap of faith if he went to Tampa.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd have great weapons at Tampa though, and they actually looked a decent unit on the back end of the season. It's an impossible season to quantify really because it all revolved around Jameis' utter lunacy - not saying the talent isn't there with Evans and Godwin, but the stats were certainly inflated by the holes Winston put them in making the long game a neccessity. Plus, as he's certainly looking in the short term, the stadium hosting the Super Bowl at the end of the 2020 season might appeal, considering the market will pick up in the build to that for his other endeavours. I think he stays in New England though, particularly with the additional wild card spot surely guaranteeing a playoff birth even if the Bills improve. Oddly, I think he'd have left if they won it, or at least getting to the Championship game. Being a one and done after losing the bye week the way they did has almost made the Pats underdogs again, and I think he'd relish that narrative of climbing off the canvas and giving it another go.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how PFF ranked Tampa's O-Line last season.

7th - TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Ryan Jensen and Ali Marpet anchored the middle of this Buccaneers’ offensive line and provided some of the best pass protection that we saw from any interior offensive line this season. The guard and center positions for the Bucs combined for an 80.4 pass-blocking grade this season, ranking second among all offenses around the league. Dating back to 2015, Marpet has the 12th-highest overall grade among 55 guards with 2,500-plus snaps.

---

They'd need something more stable in terms of a running game but I guess that might be the setback they have to deal with two top-tier targets.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Not sure how much a Bruce Arians passing scheme would mesh with a 43 year old Tom Brady skillset/go-to passing sheme..

They're both obviously tenured af nfl vets and whatnot, it's not meant to sound alarms, but the window to learn and grow together simply isn't very big and the offensive philosophy may be a wee bit wide right off the bat.. and particularly for two dudes who are really rather entrenched in their ways.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how much a Bruce Arians passing scheme would mesh with a 43 year old Tom Brady skillset/go-to passing sheme..

They're both obviously tenured af nfl vets and whatnot, it's not meant to sound alarms, but the window to learn and grow together simply isn't very big and the offensive philosophy may be a wee bit wide right off the bat.. and particularly for two dudes who are really rather entrenched in their ways.
    The scheming could be interesting, for sure, but Arians has experience with high-stature QBs (Manning, Roethlisberger). He also has experience with QBs at advanced ages (Manning, Palmer). Not a perfect marriage, by any sort, but it's possible it could be viable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I was more referring to scheme and passing game philosophy more than stature or just age as a number..

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was more referring to scheme and passing game philosophy more than stature or just age as a number..
    It'll be an interesting case study if it happens. Arians has shown success on offense with different teams. Brady might not be a perfect fit for what Arians likes to do but it might be in the best interest to defer in some instances...by both parties.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Definitely interesting if..

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derrick Henry gets the tag.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the craziness going on in the world, NFL free agency presses on (for now). I personally consider these next 3-4 days the biggest days of the offseason, but granted I'm not a nut for the draft like many people are.

The news is already flying.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tampa apparently is now the betting favorite for Brady.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank god for free agency. Something to talk about.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin Hooper to Cleveland looks to be close to happening.
    Phillip Rivers to Indianapolis still looks like the likely connection.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Johnson being traded to the Texans. So we'll have Watson, Hopkins and DJ. That's a pretty good QB-WR-RB trifecta.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    David Johnson being traded to the Texans. So we'll have Watson, Hopkins and DJ. That's a pretty good QB-WR-RB trifecta.
    That could be a really really scary offense if they get even a decent TE.

Good for him, he deserves another shot

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    That could be a really really scary offense if they get even a decent TE.

Good for him, he deserves another shot
    And a line...

That said, it remains to be seen if DJ is washed or not.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    And a line...

That said, it remains to be seen if DJ is washed or not.
    I don't think he is. I am not sure he got a chance to get momentum back after getting hurt, Arizona's line has not been great either.

Now maybe Houston can try to make overtures to Lewan or draft one of the top OL

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he is. I am not sure he got a chance to get momentum back after getting hurt, Arizona's line has not been great either.

Now maybe Houston can try to make overtures to Lewan or draft one of the top OL
    Since Houston is eating the bill entirely, they better hope he's not lol. If not, it kind of falls in line with Bill O'Brien's strategy of making fairly questionable moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Such as trading DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona...

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's really insane

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuk to the Cards

Didn’t see BG posted it above

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Major trade. Send him to New England instead plz?

Kyler Murray just got bumped up a lot in fantasy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houston trading Hopkins and a fourth to Arizona for Johnson, a second this year and a fourth next year.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Houston trading Hopkins and a fourth to Arizona for Johnson, a second this year and a fourth next year.
    Stunning turn of events here.

Why trade him? He's been arguably the best receiver in the AFC and top 3-4 overall.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts and prayers to all Texans fans @Percussion

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    DeAndre Hopkins traded to the Cardinals for David Johnson and a 2nd round pick.

Wow.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning turn of events here.

Why trade him? He's been arguably the best receiver in the AFC and top 3-4 overall.
    Apparently he was going to want a new deal and BOB wasn't interested in doing that.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oof, he's been putting up numbers with garbage at QB.

Now Arizona is looking like a dark horse

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh?

Arizona was likely going to look at a WR in the draft but they can probably avoid that now (unless they're going wild) and they can just focus on their lines.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb. Haven't even got a first rounder for him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of surprised to the degree of the QB (because he seems higher than what I expected) but Chicago is talking to Bridgewater. If the money is big money, Trubisky is done as an outright starter.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t call Deshaun Watson garbage.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t call Deshaun Watson garbage.
    The only thing that makes sense is the QBs PRIOR to Watson.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    The only thing that makes sense is the QBs PRIOR to Watson.
    There it is

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houston did Andre Johnson dirty most of his career, did the same for Hopkins until Watson came in...and now Watson is going to be the one taking the brunt of the damage.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Thoughts and prayers to all Texans fans @Percussion
    Think I've already put my thoughts out here on our pos football czar.. and so ya, more of the same..

Happy for DHop though, may he continue to shine..

Be interesting to see now how the negotiations go down between Deshaun and the king of Houston football operations..

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kind of surprised to the degree of the QB (because he seems higher than what I expected) but Chicago is talking to Bridgewater. If the money is big money, Trubisky is done as an outright starter.
    That would be weird but I would prefer that they either outright replace him or outright say he's starting.

They did that, but maybe they want to light a fire under him?

No idea, but I like Teddy

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bill O Brien is the dumbest fucking person I've ever seen running a team. Let's trade one of the best WR in football for a RB who was in injured...

Oh, and here's a pick to make it better.

I need a fucking drink.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Unless there's a guy in the draft they are high on?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With what pick? He got rid of those too.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey, we need an injured RB, Bill. Should we sign Freeman since ATL just cut him. Might be able to get him cheap.

No, I've got a better idea.

Stupid dumb fucking shit. Can't wait for him to get fired.