User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 1,701 to 1,732 of 1732

Thread: 2020 NFL Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im never going to be able to stop saying SD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for Brees, the last 4 years the Saints have been a championship side with bad luck in the playoffs the previous 3 years and this year him coming in clearly off the pace with the ribs, as well as Michael Thomas probably back as a decoy more than a playmaker. Sad way for him to go out, especially when Brady likely gobbles up his regular season records next year. Biggest shame was the blown pass interference call of course, but the Minneapolis Miracle too. Still, he got a ring for a city that needed it, and retires a legend.

Rodgers vs. Brady was written in the stars wasn't it. The Super Bowl matchup of the '10's that never was. Rodgers sitting behind Favre all those years likely means he'll never achieve Brady or Brees' gaudy career statistics, so winning another ring is key to him being placed up there with Manning, Montana and Unitas as the second best to ever play the position. Especially during an MVP season. Saying that, Brady was merely a 3 time champion at Rodgers' age. Maybe he can start knocking on Tom's door.

Bills and Chiefs is the rightful championship game. Eliminate the Chiefs meaningless week 17 game and they're a combined 21-1 since they played in week 6, the 1 being the Hail Murray. 2 teams that have forgotten how to lose. Hopefully Mahomes isn't hampered as this should be a classic.

League is going to feel different if both Brees and Rivers bow out. Time waits for nobody, apart from Brady apparently.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take Brees over Brett as well, no disrespect to Favre's greatness.

Brady vs. Belichek is not something that could be solved by this one season apart from each other. There's no doubt that the Pats would still have had many problems had Brady stuck with them, especially this year as they did not address the offensive supporting cast, and this year their defensive side also lost a lot.

Good for Brady for figuring it out that things would not have gotten better in NE. He found the best situation for himself. Belichek did a lot with what he had this year, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. When Belichek steals Watson from Texas for next to nothing, the Pats will be back on top where they belong.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty easy to compare Tom and Bill from this season if you just swap them out.

How would Tom have done in New England this year? Maaaaybe 9-7 and he'd have missed the playoffs?

How about Bill as the coach in Tampa. Think maybe he'd have won 11 games? I think so.

Truth is those two teams are in very different places right now. I'd just like to see something on paper that explains to me where all of the Patriots money went.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saying is it's pretty easy to predict the outcome of a completely hypothetical situation? I don't buy it. Tom is one of the all-time greats who would've ran that offense completely different in New England. We have no idea what would've happened.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I'd just like to see something on paper that explains to me where all of the Patriots money went.
    They will have around $60 million in cap space for next season so they're in a good spot money-wise. This year they had over $18 million in dead money from Brady (due to the fake years they put on the back of his contract to spread the hit) & Antonio Brown, and they had more Covid opt-outs than any other team. They still could have spent more this year but chose not to. They're rolling over something like $20 million of cap space into next year, when all teams will need as much as possible due to the decreasing salary cap caused by Covid.

The Pats (and other teams with ample cap space this offseason) are set up well because free agents are likely about to get screwed by the decreased cap. Many teams won't have cap space to keep their own players and/or sign free agents for market deals. It's going to suck for NFL veterans but there will be bargains to be had by teams. I'm hoping we take advantage and re-load the roster with smart signings.

As for this Bill vs Brady thing, eh, idk why everyone wants to make a decision on it now when both their careers are ongoing. As I mentioned earlier, the equation will change again if/when Bill gets to another Super Bowl without Brady. It will change if Brady loses on Sunday or if he wins. It's fluid.

But for the record I have always believed and still believe Belichick is more important to the unprecedented success of the Patriots over 19 years. If Brady gets his 7th ring in a few weeks will it change my mind some? Sure. The 2020 season-to-date has not yet affected my opinion however. If you're surprised Brady had success in Tampa and it has changed your mind, well idk what you expected to happen when he signed there. I pegged him for MVP this year, and he came reasonably close.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    So what you're saying is it's pretty easy to predict the outcome of a completely hypothetical situation? I don't buy it. Tom is one of the all-time greats who would've ran that offense completely different in New England. We have no idea what would've happened.

I can tell you exactly how he would’ve run it. Exactly the same as last season.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Philip Rivers is retiring. He is in the top five for yards, touchdowns, and kids had by a quarterback.

Apparently he wants to coach his son in high school football, which is pretty cool.

Colts have a ton of cap space to find a QB. Impossible to think that the Texans would trade Watson in the division though.
    Last edited by TimeSplitter; January 20th, 2021 at 9:57 AM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rivers was a staple of this generation. Not a hall of famer in my view though he will garner consideration. Either way, great career.,

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lack of postseason success will be the big knock against him in HoF consideration. What a draft class of Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger at the top of the 2004 draft.

I live life on the edge...I tell angry women to relax
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Philip Rivers is retiring. He is in the top five for yards, touchdowns, and kids had by a quarterback.

Apparently he wants to coach his son in high school football, which is pretty cool.

Colts have a ton of cap space to find a QB. Impossible to think that the Texans would trade Watson in the division though.
    I would love to see Watson in a Colts uniform next year but I have no doubts the Texans would (smartly) refuse to trade him within the division. They do have Eason who may be ready to step into the starting job. If he’s not he’s maybe a year or two away. I’d like to see them get Stafford as a band aid until Eason is ready.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Eason getting the job would be huge for my dynasty fantasy team as I came away with him late in the rookie draft last year in addition to Hurts. My other two QBs in Super Flex are Lamar and Brady. Will need someone for Brady sooner than later.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    This may be one of the best QB final fours we have ever had. I think at the start of the year you probably would have put Lamar over Allen but the way they played this year its a great final 4. Most years there are 3 good ones and then a random in there. I think this falls just behind 1992 of Young, Aikman, Marino and Kelly and just ahead of 2017 with Brady, Foles, Keenum and Bortels.

EDIT- 1993 Was Young, Aikman, Kelly and Montana. That is pretty good as well.
    Last edited by Kneeneighbor; January 20th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take that 93 foursome of QB's for now, but once this year's group all retire, they'll probably have a lot more rings.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I'd take that 93 foursome of QB's for now, but once this year's group all retire, they'll probably have a lot more rings.
    Yea I would think so. They currently tail 8 to 10 but will get another this year to make it 9 to 10.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great line up, but we're going to need more from Allen in the future to put it up near that pedestal. There's lineups with 4 of the top 10 in passing touchdowns, where all 4 have won an MVP, where all 4 have won a Super Bowl. If Buffalo wins, or Allen takes an MVP or ring in the future, it'll be up there. Retrospect usually does that though.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bucs vs bills super bowl is both my prediction and my rooting interest.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Im never going to be able to stop saying SD.
    I said St. Louis a couple weeks ago and Oakland just the other day..

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oakland's understandable. You were just reading their coaches hat.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    bucs vs bills super bowl is both my prediction and my rooting interest.
    Bucs Cheifs. Come on some part of you HAS to want Mahomes vs Brady.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has more of a rooting interest for Brady to win...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait...is Fro some kind of a Tom Brady fan???

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wait...is Fro some kind of a Tom Brady fan???
    Do you think?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that wouldn't be too shabby either but it would be more stressful

Brady vs Mahomes AFC Title game was a certified classic and the only reason the Chiefs aren't going for a 3-peat right now (I am going to make the assumption they too would have beaten the Rams).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That year's Chiefs team would have beaten the Rams for sure. If the one d-lineman hadn't jumped offi side at the end of the game we are talking about the Chiefs becoming a dynasty in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still one of the funnier clips I’d seen in a while....

”They said I was offsides............,,, was I?”

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packers.
    Chiefs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Packers.
    Chiefs.
    Same.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm leaning on that as well, but it is hard to discount the Bucs and Bills. Ultimately I am rooting for two great games, and that Mahomes plays.

Also, the Eagles will have the Colts OC as their new head coach. Maybe the Texans will end up with Bienemy after all? Would hiring him end the Watson saga?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Maybe it's just gone under my radar, but I'm surprised at the just about non-existent talk of the possibility of a team playing in the SB at home for the first time.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning on that as well, but it is hard to discount the Bucs and Bills. Ultimately I am rooting for two great games, and that Mahomes plays.

Also, the Eagles will have the Colts OC as their new head coach. Maybe the Texans will end up with Bienemy after all? Would hiring him end the Watson saga?
    Eagles clearly couldn't get the guy who might have had the best chance to fix Wentz so they got the OC for that guy's team.

If I were EB, I don't know why I'd want to be considered the saving grace for the Texans. Even if I showed up and kept Watson, they still have a lot of problems. If I show up and Watson still leaves, that's a mess. Reeks of a stay away situation right now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Maybe the Texans will end up with Bienemy after all? Would hiring him end the Watson saga?
    It would help, but the nonsense goes a ways deeper than the HC decision.

It's a massive mistrust between Deshaun and the Owner/GM/Jack Easterby - and the some things never change sentiment -..

..all positions that have been turned over since his joining the team.