Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWE Royal Rumble - 26th January 2020

"The Fight For Immortality"

Strap Match for the WWE Universal Title
    Daniel Bryan vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (c)

RAW Women’s Title Match
    Asuka vs. Becky Lynch (c)

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
    Brock Lesnar in number one spot, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, Ricochet, Rey Mysterio, AJ Styles, Erick Rowan, King Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Otis, Tucker, Elias, Aleister Black, Rusev, Bobby Lashley, R-Truth (Undeclared after declaring), Braun Strowman, WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, RAW Tag Team Champion Seth Rollins, RAW Tag Team Champion Buddy Murphy, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champion Kofi Kingston, WWE Tag Team Champion Big E, The Miz, John Morrison and 3 More Participants TBA

30-Woman Royal Rumble Match
    Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Sarah Logan, 26 Participants TBA

United States Title Match
    Andrade vs. Humberto Carrillo

SmackDown Women’s Title Match
    Lacey Evans vs. Bayley (c)

Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Roman Reigns vs. King Baron Corbin

Sheamus vs. Shorty G
    Last edited by The Diamond; January 26th, 2020 at 3:16 AM.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are about to begin on the road to WrestleMania, this is the thread we've all been waiting for this is the moment that will define a superstar's career! (Usually for the better).

We have had many good Royal Rumbles lately, ok some were a little predictable or fell flat at the finish but this year's let's hope it's different to what's come before, who knows we might just get R-Truth eliminating Lesnar and maybe we might see Truth win the whole thing to then finish pointing to the WrestleMania sign "My Bad".

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    So we have one TV show left before Sunday and there are 4 women announced for the Rumble?

Women's Revolution!!!

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    So we have one TV show left before Sunday and there are 4 women announced for the Rumble?

Women's Revolution!!!
    Why do they announce who is entering, maybe it should all be a surprise?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by The Diamond View Post
    Why do they announce who is entering, maybe it should all be a surprise?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, I hate how the men's Rumble has almost the entire field announced where as only 5 have declared for the women's match (Natalya's also in per instagram apparently). Of course, with two women's title matches and several injuries you would imagine that every other active woman on the main roster will be in the match, where as there are far more men to whittle down but it still seems silly.

Bit of a strange card. Last year's was really strong, featuring the four big matches for the top titles. Three of those felt really fresh (Asuka/Lynch, Rousey/Banks, Leslar/Balor) and the other one was Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles. Who would have thought that would be probably the worst match on the show?

This year only three of those four are on the line, Asuka/Lynch and Wyatt/Bryan having actually taken place on previous Rumble PPVs. Bayley/Evans has happened on TV a few times and it seems people still haven't taken to Evans yet. Andrade/Carrillo feels like it should have come before an Andrade/Mysterio ladder match, not after (because, a) that one had the gimmick and this one doesn't and b) Mysterio is a bigger deal than Carrillo). Then there's Reigns/Corbin again which has definitely overstayed it's welcome for many and I'm not entirely sure what to make of Sheamus/Gable.
    Last edited by Ringo; January 23rd, 2020 at 8:06 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yes, makes the division seem like an afterthought when the men's is pretty stacked.

I've booked Monday off work for the event though, as it is still my favourite show of the year. Not watching live though. Plan is to watch Worlds Collide on Sunday night and then watch this with my lad on Monday after picking him up from school. He's very excited about it.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Women's Revolution!!!
    It's a bit pointless to announce the women as its basically every woman they have on their books and a couple of legends. It would be easier to announce who is not in it.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mens rumble field is pretty strong. Other than R-Truth there is nobody in it so far who you look at and think he is getting thrown out straight away.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Not a fan knowing almost all the spots for the men. Takes a lot of the fun out of it. Not surprised by the women, I figured every lady in NXT will get in. Even then it leaves room for some surprises like Mercedes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    10 active women outside of Asuka and Lynch on Raw. 8 on Smackdown outside of Bayley and Evans. 15 on NXT. Exclude the likes of Shafir, Duke, Conti and Borne and you've got probably another 10 there. Throw in a couple from NXT UK and you've got to 30.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't watched WWE in a few months but heading over my boy's house to watch this. Looking forward to it. I'm curious to see if I'll enjoy it more by going into it with little to no idea of any feuds or possible Mania matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Not a fan knowing almost all the spots for the men. Takes a lot of the fun out of it. Not surprised by the women, I figured every lady in NXT will get in. Even then it leaves room for some surprises like Mercedes.
    there's still 4 open spots. how many surprises are you expecting here? if McIntyre and Orton weren't announced, do you think they wouldn't be on the card at all?

There are a few wrestlers missing from the card. New Day was announced. Nattie was announced for the women
    Last edited by PurePlayer; January 23rd, 2020 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always a possibility of people being attacked and their spots taken. i don't mind knowing most of the entrants. pretty stacked.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, good having a stacked card, with multiple people options to win. Lesnar, Reigns, McIntyre, Styles, Rollins, Orton, Strowman, Nakamura...any of these guys could win.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nakamura can't win. It's really doubtful anyone besides Roman or McIntyre win this.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Guess I'm more optimistic

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Nakamura can't win. It's really doubtful anyone besides Roman or McIntyre win this.
    I'd at least 3-4 more guys to that list. Don't necessarily think they're all good ideas but I see the thought process in them. I think there's always a looming super surprise like Cena, though it's unlikely. That said, if he's in the Rumble, I highly doubt it's a one-off and it actually sets up a Mania feud (and my guess would be another surprise entrant: Velveteen Dream). I think it's a flat-out bad idea, but I also think Cain Velasquez is another potential winner. Another option is Black. The way he's booked makes me think they want him either in a feud that they're invested in or squashing dudes. That makes me think his time in the midcard might not be long.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going off the list of announced participants.

I am announcing this now. If Cain Velasquez wins I want to be banned from this forum until Mania is over. I put a stamp on that. That's how confident I am that he won't win

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am going off the list of announced participants.

I am announcing this now. If Cain Velasquez wins I want to be banned from this forum until Mania is over. I put a stamp on that. That's how confident I am that he won't win
    Now that I think of it, Cain's probably going to be a surprise entrant and be the one to eliminate Lesnar, perhaps eliminating himself in the process.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did it even become a thing to know prior to the Rumble who was in it? You didn't usually find out back in the day until that night. I remember you'd see like an advertisement in a WWF magazine or on Prime Time/Raw/whatever and 5-6 people on the promo pic weren't even in the Rumble.

Personally, I like the surprise because we know half of the talent are just filler so having Shorty G announce 2-3 weeks in advance he's going to be in it doesn't really mean shit. Same with the women, why is this some knock on the WWE that they didn't announce all the participants yet?

I will say that I'm not exactly high on the undercard but the Rumble FOR ME has never really been about anything but the Rumble. Growing up you barely had any good matches on the undercard. Rockers v. Orient Express, wow. Bam Bam v. Nailz type shit lol. Obviously the last 20 years they've amped it up like with Rock v. Mankind I QUIT or HBK v. Sid, big matches like that. I think the biggest pre-Rumble match as a kid was Warrior losing to Slaughter. That was huge at the time.

This year....Eh. I like Fiend v. Bryan, I like the Asuka/Becky match. Outside of that it is what it is. Lacey v. Bayley is weak but it's not the draw.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rumble undercard is hit and miss. One year, I think 2008? you had Rey vs Edge and Orton vs Hardy which were good matches but not huge by any means. Last year's card was damn good but we knew Balor wasn't beating Brock.

This year's card is meh. Nobody cares about Bayley vs Lacey, Carillo vs Andrade(probably a good match) or Shorty G vs Sheamus. Hell, does anyone here care about Roman vs Corbin? Nope.

My top 3 undercard Rumble matches are Cactus vs HHH, Rock vs Mankind and Rollins vs Cena vs Brock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're lucky for every Rumble card if they're able to get the crowd interested and genuinely invested in 1-2 undercard matches, especially with two Rumble matches now. The crowd is either coming off and down from the energy from the first Rumble and it takes time for them to get settled back in but then they're just ready for the other Rumble match. I feel bad for what comes after the first Rumble match on Sunday because they'll be climbing uphill in a big way.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, undercard this year does look pretty ropey on paper.

Looking forward to Becky/Asuka II though.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    . I think the biggest pre-Rumble match as a kid was Warrior losing to Slaughter. That was huge at the time..
    I was 8 at the time and remember crying when Savage hit Warrior with the scepter. My god I was a huge Ultimate Warrior mark. I hated Savage so much. The best part about that was Savage was supposed to be in the Rumble but he high tailed it out of there once Warrior was chasing him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I think they're lucky for every Rumble card if they're able to get the crowd interested and genuinely invested in 1-2 undercard matches, especially with two Rumble matches now. The crowd is either coming off and down from the energy from the first Rumble and it takes time for them to get settled back in but then they're just ready for the other Rumble match. I feel bad for what comes after the first Rumble match on Sunday because they'll be climbing uphill in a big way.
    I would put the Andrade/Humberto match on after it. Let them go out there and just have a lucha libre style match to keep the pace of excitement going. Then you can simmer down with Roman v. Corbin or Bayley v. Evans.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you can rule out the folks doing Watch Along as being surprise entrants in the Rumbles. So no Gargano or Ripley unless it's filmed right there in the arena and they just get up and leave during it?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put the Andrade/Humberto match on after it. Let them go out there and just have a lucha libre style match to keep the pace of excitement going. Then you can simmer down with Roman v. Corbin or Bayley v. Evans.
    Not a bad idea. I just think they may do that and the crowd just isn't there for them. If it was Mysterio and Andrade, I'd be inclined to think they could steal the crowd back. Carrillo? Meh. After the preshow, I would start the actual card the same way they did last year: Becky/Asuka.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I assume you can rule out the folks doing Watch Along as being surprise entrants in the Rumbles. So no Gargano or Ripley unless it's filmed right there in the arena and they just get up and leave during it?
    That would be dope if they were sitting there and all the sudden Gargano's music hits and he has to leave to whip some ass.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be dope if they were sitting there and all the sudden Gargano's music hits and he has to leave to whip some ass.
    get his ass kicked is more likely

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get his ass kicked is more likely
    lol I mean he has whipped his fair share of asses.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I like Punk's idea of Keith Lee eliminating Brock and possibly winning the whole thing. I foresee Roman again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope there's some surprises.

Brian Cage - since he's unsigned, could make an appearance.

Goldberg - Enters and eliminates Riddle lol

I wonder if Kane, Miz, Morrison, and Show will be in the Rumble.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    I hope there's some surprises.

Brian Cage - since he's unsigned, could make an appearance.

Goldberg - Enters and eliminates Riddle lol

I wonder if Kane, Miz, Morrison, and Show will be in the Rumble.
    I think if they're going to bring in Brian Cage he better pass the Wellness. I'm sorry but dudes his size don't get that way without taking a few things that are on the banned substance list.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people will know who Brian Cage is? is he as well known as AJ Styles was in 2016? I have no clue who he is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people will know who Brian Cage is? is he as well known as AJ Styles was in 2016? I have no clue who he is.
    Nobody knew who Rusev was either when he debuted at the Rumble. I would even go as far to say that the same people who knew Adam Cole and anyone from NXT are the same fans who probably know Brian Cage. I know who he is and I don't even watch the promotions he's been part of (Lucha Underground and Impact are the only 2 I know).

I mean, if we're thinking super casuals, they didn't know who the fuck AJ Styles was.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought Brian Cage signed with AEW?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I thought Brian Cage signed with AEW?
    Reports came out 2 days after that was dropped that he didn't sign with AEW. I thought the same thing so I googled it real quick and yeah nobody has confirmed he signed with anyone just yet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with Cage strikes me as a case of contractual semantics getting in the way of ensuring no one is presumed of foul play. Different scenario but Morrison was figuratively saying it was news to him that he was going to be going back to WWE based on reports but he ultimately wound up there. It could be a multitude of things, injuries, contractual hangups, a matter of when pen actually hits paper versus a verbal commitment. I'm prepared to have someone hit me with a scenario that contradicts it but I can't think of very many scenarios where reports circulated to say someone was ____-bound with a deal and they ultimately didn't show up and went somewhere else and it wasn't injury-related. Either it really doesn't happen much or I've got a massive blind spot.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like a roided up Alex Riley to me.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds more fitting for Ripley to do that.

Currently hoping that since Dexter Lumis hasn't reappeared in NXT since the Breakout Tourny, it's because he's going to debut in the Rumble and go straight to RAW/SD...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody knew who Rusev was either when he debuted at the Rumble. I would even go as far to say that the same people who knew Adam Cole and anyone from NXT are the same fans who probably know Brian Cage. I know who he is and I don't even watch the promotions he's been part of (Lucha Underground and Impact are the only 2 I know).

I mean, if we're thinking super casuals, they didn't know who the fuck AJ Styles was.
    Keep in mind, he was in development at one point. That Cage was a lot smaller than the guy we see today though. In 2018 WWE was pushing for him to come in for a tryout. But with Cage, fans should at least know him. As much as say they would Adam Page or MJF.
    Last edited by Brock Kasady; January 26th, 2020 at 1:15 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Young was more known to a WWE audience...(than Brian Cage is)

I think that about sums it up

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I just realized should get cleared up on Smackdown: is this a four-corners strap match or just a match to ensure no one escapes? If it's a very standard strap match, The Fiend could lose just due to Bryan touching all four corners first.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was having a bit of a nightmare but got there with the participants in men's rumble, not sure what's going on with R-Truth. Kingston and Big E also declared themselves in, so that should now leave 5 open spaces, correct me if I'm wrong

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I just realized should get cleared up on Smackdown: is this a four-corners strap match or just a match to ensure no one escapes? If it's a very standard strap match, The Fiend could lose just due to Bryan touching all four corners first.
    This could happen. I thought the stip was made to keep Bryan strong without getting pinned again.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just posting so im ready subbed for sun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds more fitting for Ripley to do that.

Currently hoping that since Dexter Lumis hasn't reappeared in NXT since the Breakout Tourny, it's because he's going to debut in the Rumble and go straight to RAW/SD...
    HAHAHAHA That would be kind of random and cool

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could happen. I thought the stip was made to keep Bryan strong without getting pinned again.
    If it's not the four corners route and you have to pin or make the person submit, it's definitely sticking in the dumb decision category.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not the four corners route and you have to pin or make the person submit, it's definitely sticking in the dumb decision category.
    might as well have done a steel cage then

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might as well have done a steel cage then
    I could have bought into that stip a little more, even though it still would have failed to execute Bryan's agenda, simply due to the nostalgia they could have played on between the two of them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely the logical play is The Fiend to take out Kane in a segment tonight, have him lose thanks to Undertaker distraction at the Rumble (if it is the 4 corners rule), then go off and get his win back and get the "supernatural" figurative torch passed to him at Wrestlemania. FOX get Undertaker on their programme for a bit after losing Brock, Wyatt gets his win back without being pinned at any point, and on you go. Also, Wyatt vs. Reigns BOMBS at the end of a 7 hour show unless they go Brock/Goldberg with it. Bryan vs. Reigns for the title at 'Mania, chosen one vs. people's chosen one. Main event classic for the title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am guessing Reigns vs Wyatt doesn't close Mania if that's the match.

I love the idea of Taker interfering and leading to Wyatt retiring Taker at Mania. that would be lovely. Bray doesn't lose to Bryan by pinfall and gets his win back over Taker.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine Kane came back all of the sudden so the Fiend can face Kane in Saudi next month. That could be a match with or without the title being a factor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only matches I can think of that could close Wrestlemania and not potentially bomb would be Bryan vs. Reigns, Becky vs. Ronda, and either Cena, Punk or Undertaker against Brock. There's no indication that Ronda, Punk, Cena or Undertaker are even booked to wrestle on the show either. McIntyre is cool and all but they'd have to heat him up massively to be ready to close the show, and there's no sign of that happening. Do they just accept it's a down year for star power, break the trend of the last decade or so, and just try and push the guys they like in to top positions? It's been so many years of part timers getting shoe horned into big Wrestlemania matches that I can't actually envision them going with Bray Wyatt or Drew McIntyre in the headliner.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Saudi ads are supposedly promoting

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Only matches I can think of that could close Wrestlemania and not potentially bomb would be Bryan vs. Reigns, Becky vs. Ronda, and either Cena, Punk or Undertaker against Brock. There's no indication that Ronda, Punk, Cena or Undertaker are even booked to wrestle on the show either. McIntyre is cool and all but they'd have to heat him up massively to be ready to close the show, and there's no sign of that happening. Do they just accept it's a down year for star power, break the trend of the last decade or so, and just try and push the guys they like in to top positions? It's been so many years of part timers getting shoe horned into big Wrestlemania matches that I can't actually envision them going with Bray Wyatt or Drew McIntyre in the headliner.
    And that's a HUGE problem for me.

It's what makes the ending of WM 9 not seem so bad in comparison to a good chunk of recent Mania's.

They can't generate star power if they are so heavily relying on the talent that doesn't work hardly at all that were established 15-20+ years ago. And while I'm not high on Roman main eventing AGAIN, at least he's a newer talent. But they have to put these guys in that slot if they want even the people who supposedly only order Mania to go "He must be important if he's in the main event"

I think The Fiend could be a headliner for sure. The dude is massively over right now and doesn't look like he's simmering down at all. I could see Fiend v. Roman closing this year's Mania. I could see Strowman v. Fiend closing Mania if they stopped tucking their balls and push Braun to the rightful spot he deserves.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Man, I really don't want the Mania main event taking place under that stupid red lighting.

Still, seems so much is up in the air this year. If I had to put money on what the main event would be, I'd probably say Rousey/Lynch. And we don't even know if Rousey is actually coming back yet.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given Brock and The Fiend as champs going into Mania, I'd much prefer a Women's Title match main events the show. Not interested in red lights, phoned in German suplexes, and overdone finishers in the last match, thanks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Man, I really don't want the Mania main event taking place under that stupid red lighting.

Still, seems so much is up in the air this year. If I had to put money on what the main event would be, I'd probably say Rousey/Lynch. And we don't even know if Rousey is actually coming back yet.
    Given Brock and The Fiend as champs going into Mania, I'd much prefer a Women's Title match main events the show. Not interested in red lights, phoned in German suplexes, and overdone finishers in the last match, thanks.
    As much as I LOVE the Fiend, I'm not high on the red light shit at all.

I wouldn't mind Ronda v. Becky in the main event. That should have been last year's main event.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This only happens if it's Rousey vs Becky.

- - - Updated - - -

The red light is the only thing that hurts the Fiend right now. His match with Bryan at Survivor series was good and would be better without the red light. i just don't get the point of it

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    Keep in mind, he was in development at one point. That Cage was a lot smaller than the guy we see today though. In 2018 WWE was pushing for him to come in for a tryout. But with Cage, fans should at least know him. As much as say they would Adam Page or MJF.
    Yeah he was in FCW like 12 years ago.

And that's a good comparison to the level of name value he would have with the audience. If Page or MJF showed up at the Rumble I don't think it would be the pop AJ got or anything but some would definitely know them. And Cage is one of those guys who just looks like a stereotypical 80's pro wrestler so he'll stand out and capture the eye.

He'll be one of those "He must be a big deal if he's debuting here" type of talents. Or it'll be like Mason Ryan. Crickets.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

The red light is the only thing that hurts the Fiend right now. His match with Bryan at Survivor series was good and would be better without the red light. i just don't get the point of it
    They're trying to be different and hoping this sticks. OR they're doing it to subtly hurt The Fiend to where people will be too annoyed with the red light they'll stop caring about him. The latter seems pretty fucking plausible lol. They're so weird about Bray.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll agree the match with Bryan was good but if we get Reigns vs. The Fiend at Mania, you know it's going to just be about a dozen Superman punches and spears. I actually think they could have a good match but then, so could Reigns and Brock but then they decided to have them only know two moves each whenever they actually got in there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll agree the match with Bryan was good but if we get Reigns vs. The Fiend at Mania, you know it's going to just be about a dozen Superman punches and spears. I actually think they could have a good match but then, so could Reigns and Brock but then they decided to have them only know two moves each whenever they actually got in there.
    A potentially good spin on it is what happened in the first part of the Brock/Roman match at WM31 where Brock was wrecking him but Roman just kept smirking, taking the beating, and essentially ask for more. I think that could be a good contrast with what we've essentially seen - The Fiend taking attacks and just coming back. That could potentially throw him off. It could be a wrinkle that helps spice up the eventual monotony a bit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reigns and bray have good chemistry overall. I remember loving their hell in a cell match

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't see Roman v. Fiend looking like a Brock Lesnar match at all. Roman has good matches with people he can get physical with and not hold back. Bray is one of those wrestlers. But yeah, there's a part of me that wouldn't be shocked if their match did have about 20 superman punches lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red light is annoying, yes, but I'd say this new incarnation of Bray Wyatt has only really had one bad match since he's been back (the HIAC match with Rollins).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red light is annoying, yes, but I'd say this new incarnation of Bray Wyatt has only really had one bad match since he's been back (the HIAC match with Rollins).
    i agree with this.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In slight defense of the red light, at least it does serve a bit of purpose proving a creepy atmosphere for the Friend. It was cool when Kane/Mankind used it at 97 Survivor Series. However at the same time I also agree it does cause a pain in the arse trying to watch it as well as for the wrestlers themselves.

Sin Cara’s blue light was just random.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entrance can be creepy and cool enough to handle whatever threshold they're trying to hit. Again, this just strikes me as trying too hard to achieve a goal that was already accomplished.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think someone on this board said it reminded them of the Virtua Boy.

I think it reminds me of that scene in Aliens right before Hudson gets sucked into the floor by an alien.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lighting’s like our old high school discos. Just needs “Summer Nights” from Grease playing on repeat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm thinking of the movie CARRIE right as she goes Fiend on everyone at the dance lol

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As long as the Fiend loses the title who gives a shit what lighting it is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random, probably not good idea....One thing that came across my mind: An NXT guy winning the Rumble. Raw and Smackdown championship matches can easily be materialized without the winner being from either brand. Raw is clearly set up by whoever eliminates Lesnar. Smackdown could have the No. 1 contender announced via who wins the Elimination Chamber. That leaves NXT. Maybe they think this creates future buzz for the fact that anyone can win it, and it further works out leveling the playing field between the three brands. It then also creates a new tradition of putting an NXT championship match on the Mania card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the Fiend loses the title who gives a shit what lighting it is.
    If Corbin is the one who wins I'm beating up your dog.

Random, probably not good idea....One thing that came across my mind: An NXT guy winning the Rumble. Raw and Smackdown championship matches can easily be materialized without the winner being from either brand. Raw is clearly set up by whoever eliminates Lesnar. Smackdown could have the No. 1 contender announced via who wins the Elimination Chamber. That leaves NXT. Maybe they think this creates future buzz for the fact that anyone can win it, and it further works out leveling the playing field between the three brands. It then also creates a new tradition of putting an NXT championship match on the Mania card.
    I like that idea. But what I also wouldn't be negative to is if they said, well Keith Lee, even though you're on NXT, you did just win a chance to challenge for the Raw or Smackdown world title at Mania......

That would be pretty sweet. An NXT guy getting that kind of a call up so to speak. I think a big reason Kevin Owens was able to make the impact he did on the main roster was due to how he came up. Imagine an NXT guy winning, shit imagine them eliminating Lesnar (Come on Matt Riddle!). They're not going to have something like that happen without a big pay off.

Great idea. Mixing things up, straying from the traditional prize.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Luckily I don't have a dog.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that idea. But what I also wouldn't be negative to is if they said, well Keith Lee, even though you're on NXT, you did just win a chance to challenge for the Raw or Smackdown world title at Mania......

That would be pretty sweet. An NXT guy getting that kind of a call up so to speak. I think a big reason Kevin Owens was able to make the impact he did on the main roster was due to how he came up. Imagine an NXT guy winning, shit imagine them eliminating Lesnar (Come on Matt Riddle!). They're not going to have something like that happen without a big pay off.

Great idea. Mixing things up, straying from the traditional prize.
    That's not a bad idea, either. It just seems like they eliminated the idea of getting to pick your champion. It felt like the idea of that faded away over the last two years, for some weird reason. I think Nakamura's win was probably the last one where they toyed with the idea of the winner picking the champion.

There's issues with my idea, obviously, but you can probably work around them. I wouldn't have the champion defend twice over the weekend (on Takeover and then Mania). Same goes for the women. Let's say this was a few months later from when it did happen: I actually would dig the idea of Rhea winning the women's Rumble and then challenging Shayna and have that on Mania. That'd be pretty awesome. Either way, I'd work around double duty for the champion on Mania weekend because there's more than enough depth to come up with five matches on a Takeover card without one of the championships being involved.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a bad idea, either. It just seems like they eliminated the idea of getting to pick your champion. It felt like the idea of that faded away over the last two years, for some weird reason. I think Nakamura's win was probably the last one where they toyed with the idea of the winner picking the champion.

There's issues with my idea, obviously, but you can probably work around them. I wouldn't have the champion defend twice over the weekend (on Takeover and then Mania). Same goes for the women. Let's say this was a few months later from when it did happen: I actually would dig the idea of Rhea winning the women's Rumble and then challenging Shayna and have that on Mania. That'd be pretty awesome. Either way, I'd work around double duty for the champion on Mania weekend because there's more than enough depth to come up with five matches on a Takeover card without one of the championships being involved.
    I miss when even if you were on a specific brand you could still challenge the other. One of my favorite moments is when Undertaker had to chose between Cena, Batista, and Lashley and he chose Batista. I hope I remember that correctly but there was a moment I swear he stepped up in Lashley's face when Bob was ECW champ.

And yeah, instead of having the champ work the night before we'd know ok they're going to be at Mania so that makes up for it. It would be huge. They've already had it defended at Survivor Series so why not Mania??

Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Getting excited for the Rumbles. I have friends coming by to watch, were gonna buy numbers. $1 each and person who draws winning number gets the pot. I bought a Bingo game today with a metal cage ball roller too. So we can get a boozed up and pick our numbers all fancy like.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Getting excited for the Rumbles. I have friends coming by to watch, were gonna buy numbers. $1 each and person who draws winning number gets the pot. I bought a Bingo game today with a metal cage ball roller too. So we can get a boozed up and pick our numbers all fancy like.
    Can I come?

Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can I come?
    Doors open at noon Donald. You better bring your drinking shoes. I just hope your as passionate about Braun and Dana in person as you are on here.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    2 rumbles on one show is too much. especially since it feels like the womens division is much less hot right now than it was last year. maybe they should rotate -- one year have a womens rumble, one year a mens rumble.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some random predictions for The Rumble Sunday.

- They're in Texas, so I guarantee they'll drag Mark Henry's ass out early (probably around #2 or #3) for a "big" face-off with Brock, so Brock can wreck him for some cheap heat.

- I think Charlotte Flair enters the Women's Rumble at #1, makes it all the way to #30, and then Shayna Bayzler eliminates her from there. And that's your Charlotte Flair WrestleMania match. The Horsewoman against the leader of NXT's Horsewomen.

- Mickie James, Ruby Riott, and Nia Jaxx return during the match. Mercedez Martinez, Shotzi Blackheart, Rhea Ripley, and Kay-Lee Ray are special NXT entrants.

- Bayley, after losing the Women's Title to Lacey Evans early in the card, wins the Rumble. She decides to target Becky Lynch, and moves to RAW to do so.

- KEITH LEE- BASK IN HIS GLORY!!! - WINS the Men's Rumble match, last eliminating Roman Reigns.

- KEITH LEE- BASK IN HIS GLORY!!!! - Is set up against Brock Lesnar. He becomes a RAW talent, and in the intermediate time before WrestleMania, he enters a feud with Bobby Lashley.

- Goldberg is a special entrant, in a late spot in the Men's Rumble. He gets eliminated by Matt Riddle and that sets up a WrestleMania match for them.

- Some heel who isn't originally scheduled for the match (Sheamus, after losing in a fluke to Shorty G?) lures Otis into a closet or something backstage, by pretending that Mandy Rose is hurt or got beat up, kicks his ass, and takes his number.

- Kofi Kingston is going to be eliminated in a normal way, probably by Brock Lesnar. He won't do anything crazy or cool to avoid being dumped out. Thus ending that streak of silly ways of barely staying in.

- Jinder Mahal returns, taking Tucker Knight's spot, who decides to sit the match out to help out Otis.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; January 25th, 2020 at 6:41 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent seen Raw since Summerslam. Havent seen Smackdown since a little before. Havent watched NXT since October.

Ill be watching this though. It's Rumble.

And either it'll convince me to watch a little more heading into mania or it won't and I'll just stay away until the big show.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss when even if you were on a specific brand you could still challenge the other. One of my favorite moments is when Undertaker had to chose between Cena, Batista, and Lashley and he chose Batista. I hope I remember that correctly but there was a moment I swear he stepped up in Lashley's face when Bob was ECW champ.

And yeah, instead of having the champ work the night before we'd know ok they're going to be at Mania so that makes up for it. It would be huge. They've already had it defended at Survivor Series so why not Mania??
    You remember that correctly about Undertaker and Lashley. All the champions were in the ring and Taker got in all of their faces before doing the throat-slashing gesture to Batista.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it was cleared up. Not a strap match with the corners as the goal. Just a means to avoid escaping from another and pin/submission is the only way to win.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Fun little story from Cody

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Walter to win.

I want him against Brock at Mania.

I want him to win that too.

Sucks it won’t happen.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With a negative attitude like that, of course it won't happen.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE can do so much w/ the roster that they have, but they won't do shit until the last second and it's going to be generic as frick.

Becky vs. Asuka should be a match at Wrestlemania.
    Get the belt off Fiend and end this carney shit.
    Roman vs. Corbin will be boring.
    Shorty G vs. Sheamus will be boring.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheamus vs Shorty G won't be long enough to be boring.

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I despise the fact that Chad Gable has been turned into this Shorty G bullshit.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Some random predictions for The Rumble Sunday.

- They're in Texas, so I guarantee they'll drag Mark Henry's ass out early (probably around #2 or #3) for a "big" face-off with Brock, so Brock can wreck him for some cheap heat.

- I think Charlotte Flair enters the Women's Rumble at #1, makes it all the way to #30, and then Shayna Bayzler eliminates her from there. And that's your Charlotte Flair WrestleMania match. The Horsewoman against the leader of NXT's Horsewomen.

- Mickie James, Ruby Riott, and Nia Jaxx return during the match. Mercedez Martinez, Shotzi Blackheart, Rhea Ripley, and Kay-Lee Ray are special NXT entrants.

- Bayley, after losing the Women's Title to Lacey Evans early in the card, wins the Rumble. She decides to target Becky Lynch, and moves to RAW to do so.

- KEITH LEE- BASK IN HIS GLORY!!! - WINS the Men's Rumble match, last eliminating Roman Reigns.

- KEITH LEE- BASK IN HIS GLORY!!!! - Is set up against Brock Lesnar. He becomes a RAW talent, and in the intermediate time before WrestleMania, he enters a feud with Bobby Lashley.

- Goldberg is a special entrant, in a late spot in the Men's Rumble. He gets eliminated by Matt Riddle and that sets up a WrestleMania match for them.

- Some heel who isn't originally scheduled for the match (Sheamus, after losing in a fluke to Shorty G?) lures Otis into a closet or something backstage, by pretending that Mandy Rose is hurt or got beat up, kicks his ass, and takes his number.

- Kofi Kingston is going to be eliminated in a normal way, probably by Brock Lesnar. He won't do anything crazy or cool to avoid being dumped out. Thus ending that streak of silly ways of barely staying in.

- Jinder Mahal returns, taking Tucker Knight's spot, who decides to sit the match out to help out Otis.
    I had come up with this probably implausible, yet cool to me, way to have both a Kofi Rumble moment, have him face off against Lesnar again, and even get Seth in there. Have it where Seth, being the mastermind, has convinced others to do the usual stay outside the ring thing after a couple of guys have been chucked over already. All Raw guys since he has no influence on Smackdown. By the time you get 4 or 5 guys out there, everyone knows what the strategy is, but Brock is ambivalent and laughing at the farce. Kofi comes out and he and Brock have a face off. Kofi doesn't charge him this time, though, so they can play it up that at least he learned that lesson. Brock tosses him out, but Rollins (as we see on camera) had given marching orders to the guys outside. They catch Kofi, put him back in the ring, and then it continues. While Brock is distracted, Rollins and company storm the ring and try to eliminate Brock. It almost works (because I figure they wouldn't have Brock gone too soon) but Kofi is sacrificed in the process. Next night Rollins can say he was the architect of eliminating Brock, and says "you're welcome" to the crowd.

Some other things about the Rumble is they really should stop the beat someone up and take their spot situation. If you're not in it, you're not in it and nothing changes that. That's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Charlotte coming in #1 and going #30 would get the match shit on once people see the way it's going. Or if she racks up too many eliminations. I still remember Big Show and Kane doing that shit a few years ago. I'm sure others do, too. Now, they seem to want to get a bunch of heat on her for being a heel, but that would be the wrong kind of heat. At least I think.

Best scenario that they "could" go with for Brock. It looks like he's going to dominate. But one of the surprise returns is Cena. He is the one to eliminate him, also. There is no way he gets booed for this. Hell, he could even win the thing and people would be okay because that is the only guy that has a reasonable feel to be able to beat him and WrestleMania. Then you get a final big match with Cena, Brock loses for good, then you can have Cena build up some other guys to challenge.

An addendum:

If they really want Charlotte to be the challenger at Mania, do it this way. Have Becky lose to Asuka. It also builds up that there is someone she can't beat, and they can revist that later. But also, it sets up the Rumble being Asuka's event. Becky tries to finagle her way into the Rumble, but they say no, not this time. And if you try to beat up someone and take their spot, that won't work and you'll be suspended for a time past Mania (shades of what the story was last year). So guaranteed no Becky. Have Charlotte win. Becky still wants to get revenge on Asuka by any means and reluctantly tags with Charlotte once again and they win the tag titles at the Feb ppv. At Mania, Becky tries to interfere in the title match to screw Asuka, but it backfires, Charlotte loses, and this also redeems Asuka for that crummy loss where her streak was broken. Next Raw, is a title match for the tag belts, but with the animosity with last night, they lose, and Asuka is now a "two belts" and she lords that over Becky. Now, I've read rumbles that Kairi won't be in WWE by Mania, but they can get another person to tag with her. Maybe an NXT call up?
    Last edited by Supernovametalstar; January 26th, 2020 at 6:33 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    has there been a woman ref in a mens match before? this is the first time i've noticed it in wwe

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, she has been with Smackdown for prob a couple months now. She reffed mens matches in NXT as well.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    woman ref
    picture in picture during ads

wwe is ripping off aew

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now we don't have to worry about this match on the regular show.