User Tag List

Thread: Otis

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Otis

I used to think Heavy Machinery were used a big tag team lost in the shuffle and wondered where they were going. Recently they’ve given Otis a push though and now that he’s wrestled more singles matches, I can definitely see the potential there. I don’t know if this Mandy Rose angle will ultimately end in heartbreak for him with Ziggler and Mandy fucking him over but ultimately I think he has the chance to really get over. No offence to his partner Tucker but this current angle could really do wonders for him.

What’s your thoughts? Was it too early to split Heavy Machinery or was it the right time to give Otis the push?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off....Mandy is the hottest woman in wrestling.

Here's my prediction. This is all leading to Mandy and Sonya splitting not HM. This will end with Roode returning and Mandy turning on Otis. Sonya, after being won over by Otis' charm and disgusted by Mandy, will side with Heavy Machinery leading to a 6 person tag match.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

Here's my prediction. This is all leading to Mandy and Sonya splitting not HM. This will end with Roode returning and Mandy turning on Otis. Sonya, after being won over by Otis' charm and disgusted by Mandy, will side with Heavy Machinery leading to a 6 person tag match.
    I’m getting a definite Tori/X-Pac feel from Mandy/Otis in this angle. She’ll be all buddy-buddy but may eventually snog Ziggler’s face off after Roode and Ziggler tie up Otis and/or incapacitate Tucker.

When Otis comes back from it to tear shit up like Kane did, he will clean house and the crowd will love it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dozer gonna hit that shit.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and maybe Sonya teaming up with Otis too.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Ziggler is the creep here not Roode though no doubt he will be involved when he returns.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sonya is fuckin boring, and annoying. I tried to like her on Total Divas, but she just doesn't shut the fuck up. We get it. You're a lesbian, and you're proud of it. Move it along.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Sonya is fuckin boring, and annoying. I tried to like her on Total Divas, but she just doesn't shut the fuck up. We get it. You're a lesbian, and you're proud of it. Move it along.
    I haven’t properly watched Total Divas so can’t comment on that properly but on TV regardless of her sexuality from what I’ve seen, she’s lacking personality. This “tension” with her and Mandy has been dragging on a bit and probably should have resulted in something by now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel Otis tombstoning Mandy or whatever TV now will reasonably allow has to be the end game. These beauty/beast storylines never end happily ever after. Really it’s sympathy for the beast getting screwed by the beauty who will get their eventual comeuppance.

End of the day, Otis is getting deserved TV time.

Bagel
    At first Heavy Machinery felt like a novelty but I've been very impressed by them. Not quite Viking Raiders impressed but these dudes can move well for their size.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made it no secret that I'm a big fan of the Dozer. I think he can accomplish more outside of the tag division, but it's too early to break up Heavy Machinery. He doesn't necessarily need Tucker to speak for him. Otis can actually handle the mic pretty well. He just plays up the buffoon act as part of the gimmick. The main thing holding him back is the reliance on the Hulking up/Caterpiller bit. He could be a great suplex machine. Problem is, Vince likes to put people in boxes. Hey, Gable's short. That should be his gimmick! Hey, Otis is fat and kind of oafish looking. He should dance and be dumb as a post!

It does feel like there's something missing in this storyline. These are usually a means to an end. It's the jumping off point for another fued. I just don't know who will be getting the feud. There hasn't been a woman who's stepped up to try and steer Otis away from Mandy, and other than Ziggler, there hasn't been a man involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I haven’t properly watched Total Divas so can’t comment on that properly but on TV regardless of her sexuality from what I’ve seen, she’s lacking personality. This “tension” with her and Mandy has been dragging on a bit and probably should have resulted in something by now.
    From what I've read, Mandy and Sonya pitched a lesbian storyline, but it was turned down. They were basically teasing that back in the summer, but it went nowhere. I think it was repurposed for Lana and Lashley's wedding. That's probably the main reason Fire and Desire have been spinning their wheels with no direction.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis is damn impressive.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Ziggler is the creep here not Roode though no doubt he will be involved when he returns.
    I'm saying Roode will return to help his boy Dolph and this is all about tag teams not a singles push for Otis.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Yeah, she really doesn't have 'it' as a pro wrestler. She lacks majorly in personality and her wrestling hasn't really changed much since her NXT days. She's not bad, but she's far from anything special.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think HM will split. This story reminds me a bit of Sunny/Godwinns with Mandy eventually getting hers in the end like Sunny getting slopped by Phineas. Otis will rub a Christmas ham all over Mandy or something.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There probably is a good chance they'll still remain a tag team. Tucker's not done much of anythingas of yet but I guess we'll me. I wouldn't beopposed to Mandy getting slopped or hammed.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read a review of probably last week's Smackdown, and it kept referring to him as Odis, and I'm like is this author smart? He's been on the main roster for a while, it's not like he just debuted. His name has been on advertising, in results. Hell even check wikipedia if you're not sure. Gosh I am so mad.
    Last edited by Donald; January 13th, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99.9% this is happening

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I read a review of probably last week's Smackdown, and it kept referring to him as Odis, and I'm like is this author smart? He's been on the main roster for a while, it's not like he just debuted. His name has been on advertising, in results. Hell even check wikipedia if your not sure. Gosh I am so mad.
    This week's SmackDown report on the main page had Bayley as "Bailey" throughout. Their names are right there on the goddamn TV screen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I don't think HM will split. This story reminds me a bit of Sunny/Godwinns with Mandy eventually getting hers in the end like Sunny getting slopped by Phineas. Otis will rub a Christmas ham all over Mandy or something.
    Yep, and it ends with basically her joining the Smoking Gunnz and causing them to break up and Billy turning heel. So maybe that's what we'll see. Roode turns on Dolph, Dolph goes babyface, Roode has Mandy Rose at his side which if you remember in TNA he had that one chick, super hot. I always felt he was a guy who could use a valet/manager. He can talk obviously, but so could Edge and he had Vickie and so could Mr Perfect but he had Heenan.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I do remember that chick. Payton Banks and she was lovely. Saw her and Roode leaving a show together and she was even more radiant from just a couple feet away.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I do remember that chick. Payton Banks and she was lovely. Saw her and Roode leaving a show together and she was even more radiant from just a couple feet away.
    That's right, good ol' MS BANKS Forgot she had a first name lol

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone can't see how this angle is Vince's plan to get CM Punk to return, split him and AJ, and then get AJ to return as well.....I'm not here to fucking spell it out for you.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mazer again.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis is OVER with the crowd, far more than Mandy or Tucker. Mandy is hot, but she's not great in the ring, and her gimmick is to berate her face opponent by telling them they will NEVER be as hot as she is.

So maybe this will end with Otis telling her she's really not that hot, and he will instead prefer someone else who Mandy thinks is not so hot - like Nikki Cross, or Alexa Bliss. And it will lead to Alexa ending her face run as she rebuffs the big palooka. And Alexa Bliss has the hot little bod that will make Otis look monstrous standing next to her.

But it probably ends with Nia Jax returning to steal Sonya away from Mandy, so Otis is left with Tamina.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    If anyone can't see how this angle is Vince's plan to get CM Punk to return, split him and AJ, and then get AJ to return as well.....I'm not here to fucking spell it out for you.
    So Punk tries to steal Mandy away leading to the return of AJ? Then every woman Punk has ever slept with returns to beat him up while Miz and Otis enjoy some of his mum’s home-made cake?

It’s all so clear now!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least this storyline is being built and booked well.

At first I thought it was just Sonya screwing with Mandy but now after this week's SD and their respective interacts with Otis and Mandy, I think both Sonya and Tucker may be behind keeping them apart because they don't want their respective teams to break apart. I'm guessing we're going to get some "GTV"-like reveal.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awful wrestler; I am sick of looking at his gut.

Seriouly. The angle sucks.

but I notice my wife looks up from her computer work when the Otis-Mandy crap comes on, just like Lana-Lashly.

therein lies why we rasslin fans get this interminable crap.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    What an awful wrestler; I am sick of looking at his gut.

Seriouly. The angle sucks.

but I notice my wife looks up from her computer work when the Otis-Mandy crap comes on, just like Lana-Lashly.

therein lies why we rasslin fans get this interminable crap.
    Is that your new thing, calling it RASSLIN. I've seen like 7 posts of yours today that all have that word in it....

Don't lump some of us in with your wife. Lana-Lashley is totally different than this storyline. Otis-Mandy has some great comedy, it's fun and it's not taking up 90% of the show. Over on Raw....Literally everyone involved is dead. What's Lashley doing? Jobs. Lana? Gone. Liv? Nobody cares. Rusev? AEW bound.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis is a modern day Rikishi.

He's a certain type of wrestler with a certain shelf-life who needs to be pushed right when the time is right, because his in-ring skills won't carry him past a certain point, but his charisma and his humor will. He's one of those guys who's going to get a good push while it lasts, but we'll see him back down at the bottom of the Totem Pole jobbing to more important wrestlers in a month.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Otis is a modern day Rikishi.

He's a certain type of wrestler with a certain shelf-life who needs to be pushed right when the time is right, because his in-ring skills won't carry him past a certain point, but his charisma and his humor will. He's one of those guys who's going to get a good push while it lasts, but we'll see him back down at the bottom of the Totem Pole jobbing to more important wrestlers in a month.
    I mean we haven't exactly seen him even beat anyone of worth. Even if he goes over Dolph and Roode, that's like back in the day when Tito Santana would be putting over Repo Man....Then a year later Tito is still there and Repo Man is a golfer in WCW.

IMO, which it won't happen, but Heavy Machinery needs to stick as a tag-team. Splitting them up will not bode well for either guy. But you never know. Fuckin Otis could get a gimmick change after this storyline and be something totally different that benefits the roster even more than his Chris Farley routine. I mean, I never thought Elias would last a week down in NXT and look at him now. World championships on the horizon........or not. lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis will be in the Indies way before he's running The Rock over for HHH.

If you get my drift.

one angle and you got him in the Hall of Fame next to Rikishi just because they're both fat.

Plowboy Frazier (Uncle Elmer) also did one funny angle - maybe even two - before being sent packing to obscurity just as Otis will.

Nash Deisel:Why do you constantly spend all day looking for folks and reasons to fight? Life is too short dude. I've been saying rasslin for years. Now send the gestapo on a word search to prove me wrong so you can argue about it like life depends n it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Otis will be in the Indies way before he's running The Rock over for HHH.

If you get my drift.

one angle and you got him in the Hall of Fame next to Rikishi just because they're both fat.

Plowboy Frazier (Uncle Elmer) also did one funny angle - maybe even two - before being sent packing to obscurity just as Otis will.

Nash Deisel:Why do you constantly spend all day looking for folks and reasons to fight? Life is too short dude. I've been saying rasslin for years. Now send the gestapo on a word search to prove me wrong so you can argue about it like life depends n it.
    I always find it amusing in a Willy Wonka way when people take what I say so seriously that they think I'm living and dying on every last word I post.

I'm not LOOKING, I'm FINDING. Kind of hard to miss some of the weird shit that people post, including myself.

On topic I don't know if anyone is saying Otis is going to be a main event level player or anything like that but I think what he's been giving us is very entertaining.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis needs to win the Chamber and then squash Goldberg at 'Mania.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    They have done an awesome job making Mandy and him superstars over the last couple months (not to mention giving Dolph something to do that he does well).

I see Otis getting the push that Vader always deserved in WWE. Dude's got rasslin written all over him...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally think storylines like Otis and Mandy are dumb and a waste of time but theres something about this angle that makes me want to see how it progresses each week. Im not interested in a singles run for Otis but I’m definitely on board with a blowoff match between Otis and Dolph and Mania.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how people often say it’s better for the babyface to chase a title? Otis and Mandy are the babyface and title respectively.

We often criticise WWE for things like Vince rewriting scripts at the last time. Here they seem to have a long-term booking plan. The more Otis gets screwed, the more fans empathise with him building to that gigantic pop if he beats Ziggler/and or gets Mandy. If Tucker’s the one screwing with him, then all the more for Otis when he finally gets his revenge. There are many ways this can go and they keep us guessing.

Best storyline going on in WWE right now. Even though Raw’s been overall the better of the two shows lately, IMO this storyline steals the show (Ziggler pun intended).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To quote Randy from Scream 2 when talking about how he would do it differently:

"I'd let the geek get the girl"

We need to see this. We need to see Otis showing Mandy that Dolph might be better aesthetically than Otis but overall Dolph is a piece of shit. And that's another layer to this they haven't even dabbled in. We're not 100% sure if Fire and Desire are babyfaces. Their opponents make me think they're heels so maybe that's why Mandy is ok with Dolph's personality.

This storyline isn't going to be on the level of Jericho-Christian-Trish Stratus but it has some elements that could be used. If they're going to the typical route, where Mandy is going to turn on Otis, you need to have Mandy pretend to ditch Dolph and go with Otis for a little bit. Then at Mania she completely turns on Otis and sides with Dolph. You could even have Sonya finally start liking Otis and she's just completely fucked up over Mandy's turn after all this time of building up Otis as this good dude that she didn't have issues with dating.

It's a good angle that can go many different directions and every single person in this angle are delivering. RARE in pro wrestling with something this deep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a weird one, because Mandy seems to be a pretty natural heel. It needs to build for a while yet, having her show a kinder, nicer side. I don't actually want Otis to get the girl because, even though she's hot as hell, she's a bit of an arsehole.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's gotten ambiguous in the last week from the perspective of Mandy. There was a plot hole with the text message and it was ignored by Mandy when she responded to Otis' apology on Friday. That doesn't help when all of the other details in the story haven't had a hole like that.

This is what I wrote after the PPV last night
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post

I think we're heading to another multi-tag match at Mania where it comes to a head between Heavy Machinery and Roode/Ziggler. The heels pummel Otis and Mandy sympathizes. Near the home stretch, Ziggler reveals his true douche-ness by attempting to use Mandy as a shield. It backfires, HM wins, Otis gets Mandy, and all is right with the world.
    This, in some form or fashion, should be the destination.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    It's a weird one, because Mandy seems to be a pretty natural heel. It needs to build for a while yet, having her show a kinder, nicer side. I don't actually want Otis to get the girl because, even though she's hot as hell, she's a bit of an arsehole.
    Oh yeah for sure. I'm just saying that if they wanted to go a different route than we've seen 99% of the time having Otis actually get the girl would be decent. Probably not as decent as letting it play out how it normally would considering she seems to have that natural bitch vibe. She might have played it up on TOUGH ENOUGH but she has that vibe.

And if she does the full blown turn on Otis it can only help HM. Who by the way....Is anyone believing that Tucker is 300+? They were billed at 650 last night. Otis don't even look like he'd make up the difference lol. Jesus.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis was far and away the most over dude on the PPV last night outside of maybe the Street Profits. Whatever they/he are doing, they're doing it pretty right.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Otis was far and away the most over dude on the PPV last night outside of maybe the Street Profits. Whatever they/he are doing, they're doing it pretty right.
    Well yeah man think about the demographic. 90% straight men. 80% of those look like Otis. None of us on the other side of the barricade are going to ever even sniff Mandy Rose's hair products let alone go on a date.

It's the same reason Daniel Bryan got so over. Great wrestler, but the dude reminds me of most people I know on this message board. Short, white, bearded insane wrestling fans

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People love an underdog.

Like I say best storyline in the company. It can go many directions. Otis gets the girl. Mandy turns or Mandy realised that Otis was tricked with the text and asks for forgiveness but Otis turns it around and says too little too late.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real shame he did not get his Mania moment in front of the crowd, but the climax was great otherwise!

Wonder when they will reveal that Ali blew Dolph and Sonya's cover. Ali really is a hero.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone doubts the power of Otis, as of this morning his post match interview with Mandy was the most viewed video from 'Mania beating out one of the clips from the Boneyard match.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess the Otis era now begins! Not sure who I would’ve seen him being pushed to the briefcase but it is something different I guess.

How does everyone think the cash-in will go?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I think they will hold off on him cashing in, maybe have someone question his bravery, then after a year of getting him over, he cashes in and wins with the worm, or whatever that move is called.

The briefcase adds some dimension to his character. Now Mandy is his girlfriend and the briefcase is his trophy...

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Otis say in an interview before the match, that if he won, he'd challenge for the Tag Titles with his partner Tucker?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Didn't Otis say in an interview before the match, that if he won, he'd challenge for the Tag Titles with his partner Tucker?
    I didn't see that, but it sounds like a totally lame way out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While some aren't too happy about Oties having the briefcase... I'm here thanking our lucky stars we're not getting Corbin again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I didn't see that, but it sounds like a totally lame way out.
    He did say it recently. Seems like a creative out but also a waste due to the fact the tag division isn't a priority.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...ared-security/

I thought this was a fun interview before the match - and I loved his story about getting speared by security, when he was a 200lb fifth grader trying to slap hands with Trish on her way to the ring.

I always like to hear about wrestlers who really are fans themselves.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    It would be cool if he held on to the briefcase and feuded with Tucker for his decision. Maybe Mandy can talk him into keeping it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will eventually defend the MITB contract against some heel who will beat him and go on and win the title, probably Bray.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking Otis will have to defend the briefcase against Corbin and AJ after they complain to management.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I was thinking Otis will have to defend the briefcase against Corbin and AJ after they complain to management.
    The brand split throws a wrench into that, I would think. That also doesn't seem extremely fair for Otis, presuming this is under triple threat rules.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really big on the tag team title thing but if they do turn it into him going into business for himself and Tucker getting upset then yeah I could get behind that.

Otis is the one that stands out but I hope Tucker comes back into the mix soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I think he will eventually defend the MITB contract against some heel who will beat him and go on and win the title, probably Bray.
    I think the only time that something like this has happened was when Edge beat Mr Kennedy, right? I could be remembering that all wrong but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

With that said.....I think Otis is a great talent for the midcard. Is he main event material? Maybe. He has the crowd behind him, he has Mandy Rose, if they just fine tune him and show something beyond the modern day Chris Farley then it'd be a believable run. And we have the MITB, you don't need to be a main event player to have it as we've seen it fall into the hands of people who were much less over than Otis when they won it (Sheamus, Orton, Swagger, Kane, Sandow, etc.)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The brand split throws a wrench into that, I would think. That also doesn't seem extremely fair for Otis, presuming this is under triple threat rules.
    I spaced out and forgot AJ is on RAW I suggested a triple threat because defending against those two would add more legitimacy to Otis's win. Kind of like when they had Bray defend the WWE title the day after he won it against AJ and Cena.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spaced out and forgot AJ is on RAW I suggested a triple threat because defending against those two would add more legitimacy to Otis's win. Kind of like when they had Bray defend the WWE title the day after he won it against AJ and Cena.
    The note I just posted in the news thread might allow you an out lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The note I just posted in the news thread might allow you an out lol.
    Then I stand with my original statement

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Elias vs Corbin and Otis vs AJ for the case is more likely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Elias vs Corbin and Otis vs AJ for the case is more likely.
    Otis/AJ for the case. Otis wins when Styles gets distracted by the Undertaker's *GONG*. The fairytale story continues, but Styles has a decent out.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Otis/AJ for the case. Otis wins when Styles gets distracted by the Undertaker's *GONG*. The fairytale story continues, but Styles has a decent out.
    Though they wouldn’t tease a Taker return this early after Mania surely?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though they wouldn’t tease a Taker return this early after Mania surely?
    This is just a guess but I'm guessing if Taker wants a legit send-off, he wants it with AJ and he wants it with a crowd.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I saw a post somewhere of the idea that Bray could control Otis with Otis kind of being booked as a child like character.

That would be neat

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a guess but I'm guessing if Taker wants a legit send-off, he wants it with AJ and he wants it with a crowd.
    Oh I would have no problem with that if that’s what they do with Taker/Style but feels it’s a bit early at this point when we don’t know when the crowds are coming back. I’d prefer something like Otis just beats Styles straight up after weeks of Styles mocking him and not taking him seriously if they put the case up for grabs.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hopefully he cashes in and tucker comes and ruins his life

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    hopefully he cashes in and tucker comes and ruins his life
    Cash in and have a strong showing against the champ, about to win, when Tucker comes in and just fucks everything up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the obvious results, there's only one I really dislike: him using it as a vessel for the tag title belts. Creative, yes. Exciting, not so much.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any upside to Tucker though? Maybe different gear will help. But the guy looks like someone they used to send out on Velocity to get squashed by A-Train.

I mean maybe they throw us for a loop and Tucker comes back supportive and does his own thing as opposed to the stereotypical break up angles with many many tag-teams over the years. If you're in a tag-team with a taller guy who has a ponty tail, you're probably going to get left behind in a tag match or turned on lol

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any upside to Tucker though? Maybe different gear will help. But the guy looks like someone they used to send out on Velocity to get squashed by A-Train.

I mean maybe they throw us for a loop and Tucker comes back supportive and does his own thing as opposed to the stereotypical break up angles with many many tag-teams over the years. If you're in a tag-team with a taller guy who has a ponty tail, you're probably going to get left behind in a tag match or turned on lol
    I remember it wasn’t that long ago that there were comments on here that both these guys looked like a jobber team straight out the WCW Power Plant.

I don’t know what they will do with Tucker since Otis is currently being favoured but I hope they don’t just phase him out. As well as them coming up together, he was also supportive in getting Otis out of his funk before Mandy found out the truth as well as telling Mandy about the text in the first place. There could be tension if not a break-up or he could be his buddy while supporting him during his singles run while still having his back like New Day did for Kofi when he was champ. He’s still a piece of the puzzle so hope he comes back in either way. Loose ends being left untied is a wrestling pet hate of mine.
    Last edited by Badger; May 14th, 2020 at 3:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember it wasn’t that long ago that there were comments on here that both these guys looked like a jobber team straight out the WCW Power Plant.

I don’t know what they will do with Tucker since Otis is currently being favoured but I hope they don’t just phase him out. As well as them coming up together, he was also supportive in getting Otis out of his funk before Mandy found out the truth as well as telling Mandy about the text in the first place. There could be tension if not a break-up or he could be his buddy while supporting him during his singles run while still having his back like New Day did for Kofumi when he was champ. He’s still a piece of the puzzle so hope he comes back in either way. Loose ends being left untied is a wrestling pet hate of mine.
    I really don't want Heavy Machinery to break up. Tucker's great as a wing man. It sucks for him because he'll always be in Otis's shadow, but I'd rather they go the New Day route and stay friends through thick and thin.

Kofumi, the long lost Japanese member of the New Day

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger's misspellings or auto-correct fails are always next level.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPhone autocorrect sucks!

Tied up that loose end even though it was quoted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kofumi will fuck your bitch, sister, and mom. Maybe your dad too.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Smackdown, I’m liking the idea of Otis/Braun as a team for a while. Cool double caterpillar. They can wait on the cash-in and if Tucker will play any part down the road.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to admit Otis did a great job last night.
    However, he is still disgusting to watch gyrating that gut all over the place.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really missed a great opportunity by not developing a friendship between Otis and Braun. Strowman's title run has been unremarkable so far. Making them a Mega Powers type alliance would have benefited them both. Just make it clear that Otis genuinely considers Braun a friend and would never think to use the briefcase. Have several moments where you think Otis is going to Cash In, but he's actually coming to Braun's aid. Say, Braun gets beaten down by a bunch of heels with steel chairs. After Otis runs them off, he holds out his hand and helps Braun up. It's easy. Meanwhile, you can have Bray getting inside Braun's head and making him paranoid about Otis Cashing In.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really missed a great opportunity by not developing a friendship between Otis and Braun. Strowman's title run has been unremarkable so far. Making them a Mega Powers type alliance would have benefited them both. Just make it clear that Otis genuinely considers Braun a friend and would never think to use the briefcase. Have several moments where you think Otis is going to Cash In, but he's actually coming to Braun's aid. Say, Braun gets beaten down by a bunch of heels with steel chairs. After Otis runs them off, he holds out his hand and helps Braun up. It's easy. Meanwhile, you can have Bray getting inside Braun's head and making him paranoid about Otis Cashing In.
    Isn't that basically what they were doing the last month or so? I specifically remember watching Smackdown a few weeks ago where the narrative of them teaming up a few times was exactly that. ?

Disagree about Braun's run. I wasn't high on the whole Miz-Morrison stuff but the stuff with Bray before and after are what really intrigues me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that basically what they were doing the last month or so? I specifically remember watching Smackdown a few weeks ago where the narrative of them teaming up a few times was exactly that. ?

Disagree about Braun's run. I wasn't high on the whole Miz-Morrison stuff but the stuff with Bray before and after are what really intrigues me.
    They dropped it very quickly. Otis and Braun haven't teamed up much since then. I think there was a 6 man tag with Tucker when he came back, but that's about it unless I missed something.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem is the SD main event picture is weak compared to the strong midcard. The focus is pretty much just Braun and Bray at the moment feuding because of their history so Otis at this point would seem like a third wheel.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone honestly believe just because Otis won MITB a month ago he's now a main eventer? 90% of the winners were midcarders and most didn't really elevate to the main event even after winning the belt. Weird right?

I don't think SD's main event picture is weak at all. AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan feuding over the IC title only makes the IC title 100x stronger thank God. Then you have Fiend and Strowman, that right there is incredible. I won't disagree with the idea that AJ and Bryan are above the IC title picture and they don't need the belt BUT it makes it stronger for who's next in line. Corbin can't do that and the WWE have made the IC title a bitch ass toy for almost 20 years it seems more often than not.

Just wait until Riddle gets it and the midcard gets a little deeper with a few NXT calls ups here shortly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem is the SD main event picture is weak compared to the strong midcard. The focus is pretty much just Braun and Bray at the moment feuding because of their history so Otis at this point would seem like a third wheel.
    When they did the belt presentation ceremony for AJ, I was like "damn, Smackdown's midcard is stacked!". With that much talent, the midcard is where I'd rather be if I was on that brand.

Does anyone honestly believe just because Otis won MITB a month ago he's now a main eventer? 90% of the winners were midcarders and most didn't really elevate to the main event even after winning the belt. Weird right?

I don't think SD's main event picture is weak at all. AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan feuding over the IC title only makes the IC title 100x stronger thank God. Then you have Fiend and Strowman, that right there is incredible. I won't disagree with the idea that AJ and Bryan are above the IC title picture and they don't need the belt BUT it makes it stronger for who's next in line. Corbin can't do that and the WWE have made the IC title a bitch ass toy for almost 20 years it seems more often than not.

Just wait until Riddle gets it and the midcard gets a little deeper with a few NXT calls ups here shortly.
    I don't think Otis has become a main eventer over night, but winning MITB is the first step. It will take another year or two before he's really made it, unless Vince loses interest.

Bray is my boy, but I'm not feeling this feud that much. Maybe the Swamp match or whatever it is will change my mind.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis has pretty much been a victim of the lack of the audience and is facing the calendar working against him now. There's no harm in making him MITB but they clearly came up with a multi-month feud between Strowman and Wyatt. With the testing being more of a factor, that does seem to make it less reliable that people are going to be around. Mandy, who is a key component to Otis' success as a story, hasn't consistently been around the last few weeks so that's troubling as well. Otis will probably just need to bide his time until late August and then something will materialize. Whether it's good or bad clearly remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Loosely related, but my son was buying some new WWE figures at the weekend. You could get Tucker, but not Otis.

Unless part of a double pack, I'm surprised there even is a Tucker figure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis has pretty much been a victim of the lack of the audience and is facing the calendar working against him now. There's no harm in making him MITB but they clearly came up with a multi-month feud between Strowman and Wyatt. With the testing being more of a factor, that does seem to make it less reliable that people are going to be around. Mandy, who is a key component to Otis' success as a story, hasn't consistently been around the last few weeks so that's troubling as well. Otis will probably just need to bide his time until late August and then something will materialize. Whether it's good or bad clearly remains to be seen.
    Otis won the suitcase less than 2 months ago and now the calendar is working against him? Edge waiting like 9 months to cash in.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say Bray does win it in his Fiend form then the lights go out again but instead of the usual Wyatt laugh it’s Otis laughing and the lights go back up and he cashes in.

Won’t happen but that would be awesome. #fantasybooking

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis won the suitcase less than 2 months ago and now the calendar is working against him? Edge waiting like 9 months to cash in.
    That's the benefit of being Mr. Money in the Bank. They've got plenty of time to get Otis back on track.
    Last edited by Sasori; July 8th, 2020 at 9:40 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As frustrated as I am with how they book a lot of stars, I’ve got faith in them here. Otis/Mandy was one of the best slow-burning angles we’ve had in some time and I’m sure they’ll do something good for Otis. When the crowds come back it’ll be especially sweet. I’m happy to wait.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all true about the timeline for Otis and the briefcase but I don't like the outright standstill for him now. It's obviously a long-game situation for him but I feel like it's alright to think that circumstances have kind of cheapened his moments to shine. He was in easily one of the most consistent and enjoyable storylines in WWE for several months and didn't get to cash in on the moment in front of a crowd. I have to imagine the pop for Mandy and Otis at Mania could be in the running for biggest of the night/weekend. Then with this briefcase situation, they've got a clean slate for the title picture and I feel it's dead even between them pulling off something cool and just fizzling it out. If both of those moments weren't maximized, it'd be pretty crappy. Obviously he's not in control of either of them but it'd still stink.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won the case when there was no crowds, there is a possibility they are intentionally holding off on the cash-in until crowds come back.

I do agree it's not exactly ideal he has a storyline right now but that might just be simply down to how much going on with SD right now with such a packed undercard plus Mandy being out is outwith his control. He is keeping the Mandy stuff fresh on Twitter. He'll get his time in the sun I'm sure.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won the case when there was no crowds, there is a possibility they are intentionally holding off on the cash-in until crowds come back.
    At this rate...yeesh.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Observer, Vince was planning for SummerSlam to be the big event when fans would return, but that's way too optimistic. We probably won't see fans in the audience until there's a vaccine. And even then, it will have to be limited attendance.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Observer, Vince was planning for SummerSlam to be the big event when fans would return, but that's way too optimistic. We probably won't see fans in the audience until there's a vaccine. And even then, it will have to be limited attendance.
    It feels like it's going to be a while. This country is not built for success in terms of combating the virus with it being as intense as it is now. It's like we're trying to live in a house that's on fire.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels like it's going to be a while. This country is not built for success in terms of combating the virus with it being as intense as it is now. It's like we're trying to live in a house that's on fire.
    Doesn't help that you have an eedjit for a President.

"Uv light and disinfectant! No wait I was being sarcastic! If we stop testing there'll be no more cases! Back to work!"