ANDRE FILI V. SODIQ YUSUFF

DREW DOBER V. NASRAT HAQPARAST

CHAS SKELLY V. GRANT DAWSON

FIGHT PASS
    ALEKSA CAMUR V. JUSTIN LEDET

TIM ELLIOTT V. ASKAR ASKAROV

BRIAN KELLEHER V. ODE OSBOURNE

SABINA MAZO V. JJ ALDRICH

13 fights total. The return of the biggest draw, Conor McGregor, against one of if not the most violent finisher ever in UFC history Cowboy Cerrone. It's going to be amazing. Honestly, this might be the most excited I've ever been for a Conor fight since Aldo. Maybe even more than Aldo because Cerrone is such an entertaining fighter. I have never once seen a boring Cerrone fight. I'm rooting for him, I've been a fan since the TapOut reality show that he was on (RIP Mask!). Everything about the guy is amazing.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's go, Cowboy!

I hope he leaves Conor bloodied and defeated. I used to like Conor, but dudes antics have rubbed me the wrong way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see it, but I think Cowboy's a little long in tooth and Conor should be too quick for him. It's kind of a free shot for Cowboy though in that it doesn't hurt his already secure Hall of Fame career if he loses, he'll make a shit tonne of money and he doesn't have to boil his body down to 155. The worst case scenario is that he'll have the fight he would have had this time next anyway (Pettis probably) but he'll have fuck you money in the bank too. Best case scenario is that he beats Conor McGregor spectacularly on a huge event and he can probably parlay it into a big PPV main event fight at welterweight (Diaz rematch?) next, without having to boil his body down to 156 for an ESPN+ main event.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a late press conference for UFC 246 or maybe I just don't watch enough of them. Starts at 8pm/Eastern. Should be interesting.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does he fight with the hat on? If so, that's totally badass.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Does he fight with the hat on? If so, that's totally badass.
    He would if it was allowed lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heart wants Cerrone, head says McGregor. Cerrone has a lot of tools, but I think we're about to be reminded me that McGregor is still one of the elite fighters regardless of weight class.

Anyone catch the press conference? Very strange seeing a chilled out Conor McGregor but I loved it. We don't get to see a mutual respect situation with Conor's fights so this was a breath of fresh air. I'm sure a lot of people were hoping for him being shitfaced dancing around in a $20,000 coat but not today jack.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the structure of the middle prelims (Skelly vs. Dawson has been cancelled and replaced with Elliot vs. Askarov, but same logic applies to this fight). Long time veterans against prospects in their 20's with finishing abilities and big upsides. If they can get Askarov, Haqparast, Yusuff and Barber stoppage wins against their very credible and tough opponents, that's a great day at the office for the UFC brass. The main card I don't like so much mainly due to that 3 fight lull (Grasso vs. Gadelha, Greene vs. Oleinik and Holm vs. Pennington) where there's little to no upside to anybody there, besides maybe Grasso if she can get over the hump. The Pettis/Ferreira fight is a good one though, Khabilov and Taisumov are about as legit a pair of wins you can get at lightweight without anybody knowing what you've done, so if he can add a name in Pettis he's up there for the big fights. Pettis win or lose fights Cowboy next if he loses to McGregor I think, so it's one of those fights where I can see him looking flat. Holm vs. Pennington is the definition of a wheel spinning fight, both would have to look pretty spectacular to get back in there with Nunes anytime soon, and for as scrappy as Pennington is, she neither looks spectacular or allows people to look good against her.

Looking forward to the main event now though. As a big fight fan, I like that this is Cowboy's shot at the big one. First PPV main event, after 8 TV headliners. And he had to earn the first of them as well, going 10-3 before finally getting that. Raquel Pennington has headlined a PPV. Joe Soto has headlined a PPV. Finally, in his 34th UFC fight, here he is, against the biggest star in the sports history. What a story it would be if he can pull it off. He's at the stage where he's broken every relevant statistic record, so he's just adding numbers now. If he can get a knockdown and finish him he'll extend 5 records (most fights, wins, knockdowns, finishes and post fight bonuses) in one swoop. Mad his resume, without ever winning a title, and getting his doors blown off in his only title shot. The likelihood is McGregor wins comfortably for me. The front kick to the body that tired Chad Mendes out should be a big weapon, but his hand speed advantage should be huge and he'll likely have enough power to take the shopworn Cowboy out. Cerrone will go on to win a few more fights, but this will be his last sniff of elite competition. Would love to see him chase the fights with Pettis, Lawler and Diaz, rematches that he can probably win at this point while being big TV main/PPV co-main level attractions.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conor KO 1 or 2, or Cowboy sub 3 or 4.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn.

Cowboy got wrecked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many miles on the clock. Conor looked spectacular taking him out, but it's hyperbole to suggest that was Cerrone at his sparkling best in there. Started slow and got his doors blown off.

The talk of Masvidal and Usman does more for me than a Khabib rematch. I agree with the commentators that 155 will still be there, so his window to chase that welterweight title is a worthwhile stab at greatness, as he's got back in the win column and restored some of his reputation last night. The Masvidal fight would be huge for both the sport and his legacy, and would open up a fair title shot at 170 if he won. That would obviously be his shot at GOAT level, as the other champ champs haven't sniffed the top of a 3rd weight class.

That Holm vs. Pennington fight went exactly how I expected to, ridiculous that was the co-main. There was never a chance it would be either entertaining or relevant.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that holm match was the only blah thing for the event, to me. first one i watched in awhile. those shoulder shots by conor were great.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of it being a favourable style match up, you can’t really ask him to go much more spectacular than that.

I also liked that he was clearly trying to get the fastest KO with that first swing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murdered him. Cerrone is elite and this was a statement. I've grown to really respect Conor as a martial artist. Reminds me of BJ Penn and Anderson Silva type fighters. They want to be known as the best fighter.

The Nate fight should be his retirement fight. I have nl idea how to predict who's next. Khabib seems ridiculous butttt look at Romero and now Aldo getting title shots...

Idk about a fight with the upper echelon of 170. Honestly no reason he should sit out for too long. Hell get him a fight at 155 on the April show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel somewhat bad for Roxanne as it pertains to her bout with Maycee Barber. A lot of her peers and fans are saying she looked the best she's ever looked, that she was getting hated on for being such an underdog (which I do agree to an extent). But the shitty part is that Barber tore her ACL within minutes of the first round, by stepping on Roxanne's foot apparently lol. Some Kevin Nash shit right there.

I just wonder how that fight would have gone, and props to Maycee. I know Conor tore his ACL in a fight (one of the early early ones), Chuck Liddell I believe fought Randy or Tito with a torn ACL. Fuck that lol.