User Tag List

Thread: Knives Out

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knives Out

This looks like a whole lot of fun and it's got great reviews so far (tbh I'm not sure why reviews are out so early when it doesn't come out for another month). Looks like Rian Johnson has another universally praised blockbuster on his hands. Can the man do any wrong?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He ruined a Star Wars movie, so yes.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I saw this and was a little bit let down. Everyone is raving about it and I thought it was just okay. A solid mystery film but nothing too remarkable. The plot was a little different than what I expected. I was also very stoned when I saw it so maybe it will resonate better on re-watch.

Rating: 6.8/10

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved this flick. It reminded me of several of the Charlie Chan movies I enjoyed watching as a kid.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    So, I saw this and was a little bit let down. Everyone is raving about it and I thought it was just okay. A solid mystery film but nothing too remarkable. The plot was a little different than what I expected. I was also very stoned when I saw it so maybe it will resonate better on re-watch.

Rating: 6.8/10
    I really enjoyed it. They added just a bit to the "who dun it", but not a whole lot. With so many names in this film, no one steps on anyone. I found all pieces to be entertaining.

To be honest, I was pretty down on this movie. Having the AMC movie pass this year, I've seen the trailers at least 20 times. I mean I'm already tired of Tenet, and it doesn't come out until July. Now keep in mind that I had seen Charlie's Angels, Terminator, and The Current War in the weeks previous. In those weeks, I'd say only Ford vs Ferrari would have been worth a ticket purchase.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The wife and I saw it at 10:20am, it started at 10:45 am thanks to Regal's relentless commercial assault. We both thought it was great and really enjoyed the turns in it.
    Last edited by lotjx; December 20th, 2019 at 4:11 PM.