User Tag List

Thread: You Think You Know Me

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Think You Know Me

So yeah I've always been a big fan of Edge maybe not the best wrestler in the world but as far as storytelling goes I don't think there's really anyone better, he has the attitude he has the charisma so yeah this leaves the next question should he return?

If he's cleared then why not use him for big matches with the likes of AJ and Rollins let's face it he needs to be a heel as that he was about i wouldn't even mind if he faced off with Triple H and finished it there could be really good.

Bagel
    Pair Edge with Ryder & Hawkins against the OC. This needs to be done.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge isn't coming back - they won't clear him to be able to take random bumps.

I agree that his storytelling in the ring was always excellent, but even in Edge's tenure, he was eclipsed in that dept by a few others. I'd say that Foley, Eddie, HBK, Angle, and especially Jericho were at least as good, if not better storytellers in the ring. Foley may not have had the wrestling ability that Edge had, but even when Foley had more limited mobility in his later years, his matches always told a good story.

I am glad Edge is able to move around and enjoy his family, and he still appears to have his marbles. I'd cringe if he were to return to action.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge coming back would be wild. I don't think he needs to. I know his neck injury was similar to Austin's, and why Sheamus hasn't been wrestling either. Even if he's cleared (let's not forget KURT ANGLE was cleared for fuck's sake), and if he did come back for a match, I'd like to think it'd be something akin to the hardcore matches he's done where you're not exactly expecting Edge to spear someone while they hang from the tag titles lol.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think it's more a case of a contract leveraged vs AEW trying to sign him, so WWE gave him a contract

Now being cleared to wrestle with stenosis in his neck is quite another matter.

Stenosis never goes away, it might get 'better' on good days if you lose enough weight (Look at Sheamus or MLB's David Wright..Damn, ask me after three surgeries)

No, I doubt we'll see Edge wrestling again, and I personally can live without him humping the mat or (non) 'executing' that spear of his. but this Saudi Money sure raises up some strange bedfellows so you never say never in this newest WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    I would think it's more a case of a contract leveraged vs AEW trying to sign him, so WWE gave him a contract

Now being cleared to wrestle with stenosis in his neck is quite another matter.

Stenosis never goes away, it might get 'better' on good days if you lose enough weight (Look at Sheamus or MLB's David Wright..Damn, ask me after three surgeries)

No, I doubt we'll see Edge wrestling again, and I personally can live without him humping the mat or (non) 'executing' that spear of his. but this Saudi Money sure raises up some strange bedfellows so you never say never in this newest WWE.
    Why would you think that? Has there been a drop of anything speculated Edge was going to AEW?

I think the worst part about AEW is that too many people assume every move the WWE makes, every talent they sign, has something to do with AEW. They've been signing dudes to legends contracts before Darby Allin was even born yet every fucking day I read about how "Oh so and so was more than likely signed to keep them from AEW!"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn't you use them as leverage?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Why wouldn't you use them as leverage?
    How does your question relate to anything that's being said?

Again, zero info as it pertains to dude thinking this was more than likely a case where Edge was possibly going to sign with AEW.

People who think that the standard moves WWE have been making for years has anything to do with AEW, they're idiots. Unless we have actual proof, check that bullshit at the door.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's getting so bad my homey BuffyRocks even suggested that people like Viper, Jazzy Gabert, etc. were signed to keep them from AEW. Tony Khan made it clear they're not just going to sign anyone and everyone. I'm shocked nobody is saying the only reason they're doing Team Hogan v. Team Flair is so Hogan and Flair don't show up in AEW.

All this BS started when a RUMOR hit that Goldberg MIGHT sign with AEW. Not a single person of worth ever came out and said he was going to do anything. It's just like with CM Punk....AEW put it out there alluding to him possibly signing and he straight shot that shit down. To the point where he's trying out for a job for the WWE through FOX. WWE....a company he has gone out of his way to shit on, but I'm sure someone will say "Oh Fox wants him to keep him from going to AEW" lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    How does your question relate to anything that's being said?

Again, zero info as it pertains to dude thinking this was more than likely a case where Edge was possibly going to sign with AEW.

People who think that the standard moves WWE have been making for years has anything to do with AEW, they're idiots. Unless we have actual proof, check that bullshit at the door.
    It's really not that hard to find reports, false, true, or somewhere inbetween. At least 1-2 sources intimated that he had discussions with AEW, or that WWE was concerned that he would be speaking to them, fwiw. All you really need is a factual event to transpire in order to illicit reports that can indicate anything could have happened before the actual result. In this case, the factual event is that he re-upped with WWE.

But look at the landscape. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that most people are going to want it known that their contract is coming up. If that's the case, it'd be silly not to at least imply you're willing to consider going to the other place, even if you really don't have an intention to do so. I think you're manufacturing a point that I'm not trying to present or just lumping me in a consensus opinion that I really am not talking about.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really not that hard to find reports, false, true, or somewhere inbetween. At least 1-2 sources intimated that he had discussions with AEW, or that WWE was concerned that he would be speaking to them, fwiw. All you really need is a factual event to transpire in order to illicit reports that can indicate anything could have happened before the actual result. In this case, the factual event is that he re-upped with WWE.

But look at the landscape. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that most people are going to want it known that their contract is coming up. If that's the case, it'd be silly not to at least imply you're willing to consider going to the other place, even if you really don't have an intention to do so. I think you're manufacturing a point that I'm not trying to present or just lumping me in a consensus opinion that I really am not talking about.
    Basically what you're saying is that even if the reports are completely false about Edge possibly talking to AEW, the fact he re-upped with the WWE is all the proof you need to justify assumptions?

I am looking at the landscape. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that there's nothing to indicate talent are using AEW as leverage. You and others spend wayyyyyy too much time taking into consideration internet rumors. You're piecing stories together that any one of us could randomly suggest. And a lot of us are stuck in the past, trying to look @ this like when WCW was snatching up old WWF guys like Earthquake and Big Bossman and IRS. To that I say good for AEW, the WWE will take the good talent like Nakamura and leave Jack Swagger for AEW.

If anyone is manufacturing points it's people like you and NWO guy. Many of us have sat here going "Oh if so and so leaves they will probably get picked up by AEW" just based on generic situations. So yeah man, I'm going to take Edge's word over Dave Meltzer who literally just guesses.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically what you're saying is that even if the reports are completely false about Edge possibly talking to AEW, the fact he re-upped with the WWE is all the proof you need to justify assumptions?

I am looking at the landscape. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that there's nothing to indicate talent are using AEW as leverage. You and others spend wayyyyyy too much time taking into consideration internet rumors. You're piecing stories together that any one of us could randomly suggest. And a lot of us are stuck in the past, trying to look @ this like when WCW was snatching up old WWF guys like Earthquake and Big Bossman and IRS. To that I say good for AEW, the WWE will take the good talent like Nakamura and leave Jack Swagger for AEW.

If anyone is manufacturing points it's people like you and NWO guy. Many of us have sat here going "Oh if so and so leaves they will probably get picked up by AEW" just based on generic situations. So yeah man, I'm going to take Edge's word over Dave Meltzer who literally just guesses.
    I'm not looking at it from either company's perspective. I'm looking at it from the performer's perspective. There's no proof, yes, but it'd be pretty stupid if you're an independent contract where you're trying to make a lot of money for yourself if you're not using the landscape to your advantage.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not looking at it from either company's perspective. I'm looking at it from the performer's perspective. There's no proof, yes, but it'd be pretty stupid if you're an independent contract where you're trying to make a lot of money for yourself if you're not using the landscape to your advantage.
    There is no realistic landscape to use to your advantage. Khan isn't signing just anyone. AEW haven't proven anything.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no realistic landscape to use to your advantage. Khan isn't signing just anyone. AEW haven't proven anything.
    I think that's a matter of perception and it's one where we'll clearly disagree on that. It's situational to an extent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's a matter of perception and it's one where we'll clearly disagree on that. It's situational to an extent.
    Trying to act like it's extremely obvious AEW is being used as leverage is laughable. Based on what? That they're owned by a billionaire family, they have 1 show, and sure they do ppv but who orders ppv? What exactly is someone going to leverage that Vince isn't laughing about?

I would bet the farm when Angle and Christian went to TNA we heard the same thing and it was somewhat true. Talent would get released or leave for TNA, and do what people did in the WCW days. Milked the marks who ran it for all they're worth and left them for dead before going back to the WWE.

Until AEW expands and proves themselves beyond doing better in ratings than NXT I don't really see the upside.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you think that? Has there been a drop of anything speculated Edge was going to AEW?

I think the worst part about AEW is that too many people assume every move the WWE makes, every talent they sign, has something to do with AEW. They've been signing dudes to legends contracts before Darby Allin was even born yet every fucking day I read about how "Oh so and so was more than likely signed to keep them from AEW!"
    Actually, my comment is indeed based on a report saying exactly that which I read the day Edge signed. I'm not assuming a thing. You are, assuming I'm assuming. And when you assume....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, my comment is indeed based on a report saying exactly that which I read the day Edge signed. I'm not assuming a thing. You are, assuming I'm assuming. And when you assume....
    Oh well you read some random report......must be worth what, next to nothing when it comes to credibility?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well you read some random report......must be worth what, next to nothing when it comes to credibility?
    Well it's definitely a few notches down from the inside guts of the Rajah pages, but only pulled from the cover page by Rajah himself.

Ill try to limit myself to you jabronis, er, experts as my loan source of news from now on.

JWNN

JAbroni
    Wrestling
    News
    Nework

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's definitely a few notches down from the inside guts of the Rajah pages, but only pulled from the cover page by Rajah himself.

Ill try to limit myself to you jabronis, er, experts as my loan source of news from now on.

JWNN

JAbroni
    Wrestling
    News
    Nework

If you believe anything on the internet, especially when it comes to pro wrestling rumors, that's on you. Until I hear Edge come out and say "Yeah, I was going to AEW and/or use that as leverage to make a return now that I'm cleared so WWE gave me an offer I couldn't refuse..." then I might actually believe this nonsense.

But people are hopped up on this whole idea that AEW is dictating Vince McMahon's checkbook, creative team, etc. it's odd to me.

Nothing Vince and the WWE are doing is new. They've been doing contract extensions due to talent being injured an extreme amount of time for decades. They did it to Rey Misterio, they extended his contract for like a year awhile back, way before The Young Bucks ever 2 sweeted Kendal Omega. They've signed legends like Kurt Angle who should have never been allowed to compete, well before AEW breathed WWE's old air.