Results 4,301 to 4,400 of 15613

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    I don't think he's good enough for the UFC lol. Pretty sure he's 2-0 in Bellator and he beat two cans. Nothing spectacular
    No no I mean years ago out of college. Instead of WWE he should've gone into MMA. I think he would've been pretty fucking good. A guy with that wrestling background, the reach, the size, he would've been champion.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    No no I mean years ago out of college. Instead of WWE he should've gone into MMA. I think he would've been pretty fucking good. A guy with that wrestling background, the reach, the size, he would've been champion.
    Ohhh. Well in that case he probably could have done well. The sky is the limit when your 22ish with a strong wrestling background. If he learned some BJJ and striking to compliment his wresting, he definitely could have been a top guy. Brock had a great stint in the UFC and he was basically just a wrestler lol. So yeah, i agree.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Seems like Dynamite has been hit or miss lately with their opening matches but Starks/Allin was a good one. It comes across to me that Allin is showing some more diversity in terms of how he'll work. He'll be aerial, he'll sacrifice his body, but he'll hit you with some solid technical or submission work. A well-rounded Allin is something I can get behind. Starks kind of got shown up over the course of the match, which was moderately surprising.

Cody's promo didn't do a whole lot for me in the early portion but it was better in the finishing section. The chaos at the end, while borderline excessive, made sense for all of the moving parts supporting both sides.

Really entertaining tag title match. Thought they did a nice job to create some moments where SCU looked like they could have gotten the win. FTR was great at playing their role. Blanchard tipping the scales in their favor, with FTR's penchant for bending the rules, will eventually make it that more gratifying when a team takes them down.

It always makes me chuckle when people hit Codebreakers better than Jericho so it was pretty funny to me that Kassidy hit an extra proper one on Jericho. Certainly seems blatant now that Jericho is in the business of building others up, now that the title is not in his sights. That's fine with me. The continued banter between Jericho and MJF was once again entertaining.

Seems like the ring rust wasn't present for Britt, which is great.

Meh main event. Not Moxley's fault. Butcher seemed incredibly limited.
    That's what made him who he is. Blessing and a curse. You lose all the time nobody buys you as a credible opponent. I mean, in the world of AEW, Jericho putting people over feels like when Terry Funk would do the job to people in ECW. It's almost exactly like Terry Funk, a guy who doesn't suck but is too old and had too many losses putting over everyone that you beat him and it was like, eh, it's a nice name to have.

I do like his back and forth with MJF but that's going to be something we see down the road. Neither guy should be a babyface, they'll fucking ruin them both turning them, especially MJF. Maybe after Jericho v. Matt Hardy is over.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see the mjf/jericho stuff as a way to turn sammy g

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be interesting. I could see that going a few different ways. I would be curious to see if Sammy could pull off being a solid babyface if that was an option. Again, I could see 3-4 different route that could play out well.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    him and and santana are the only ones in the group who would be a good turn, in my eyes

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved that little vignette or whatever you want to call it that they did for Santana leading up to the eyeball match against Moxley.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i see the mjf/jericho stuff as a way to turn sammy g
    See a few people mention this now, interesting like.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight on AEW Dynamite...

-- Chris Jericho celebrates 30 years in wrestling!

Also...

-- Chris Jericho and Jake Hager take on Chaos Project -- Luther and Serpentico -- In a match "30 Years In The Making"!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a match involving a fat Uncle Fester fuck and a shitty luchador is "30 years in the making", I think we could afford to wait another 30 years.

- - - Updated - - -

If Serena Deeb can't get a decent match out of Big Swole, Big Swole is officially a lost cause.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of having Ricky Starks on commentary if he isn't going to talk? Lol. Let the kid talk trash

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A "3 match winning streak"?

Wow... 3 whole matches? On a show nobody watches.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Alacrity" is like The Masked Jackass' go-to word. I'd never heard that word before he started doing commentary for AEW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts during the split-screen commercial viewing -- Does anyone else buy into the fan theory that Casper, The Friendly Ghost is just the ghost of Ritchie Rich?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jack, what the fuck was that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great match, but FTR gave those two way too much. The Hybrid 2 are a jobber team and Jack Evans, of all people, shouldn't have been thwarting both the champions at once.

... Oh God... not these two idiots.

Fuck off with this "weenie" shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little surprised they didn't hold off on this match until the big show next week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. Very, very good stuff.

Brodie Lee just had his first great AEW match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Penthouse to the outhouse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just me?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Smith seems a little too interested in Chris Jericho in tiny shorts.

Oh shit, Ultimo Dragon. Nice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ, Uncle Fester just looked like a bowling ball falling down a flight of stairs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how much its really saying, but that might have been the best match of Luther's career.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally Everything: Chris Jericho.

... well at least we know who to blame for all that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really think about it since I forgot it was even on, but Uncle Fester and Zen The Intergalactic Ninja just had to main event the show tonight opposite the first hour of The VP Debate.

On one show, we get to see an old maniac who could double as a serial killer in a horror flick and on the other channel we get to see Luther.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opener was fine but it felt like it was lacking a lot in terms of substance or something other than going spot to spot to spot until it was time to go home.

Harold Meij was out for NJPW and we got Tanahashi and a Wrestle Kingdom reference. At least Archer was talking for himself in the build with Moxley. Roberts was probably good for an entry point for Archer but I don't think that duo needs to stay together. Moxley was good with his promo. I do like the off-site setups AEW has for their promos. They can be kind of hokey but they're more prone to help accentuate the tone of the character.

FTR has been able to work with different types of teams in AEW but this match, for some reason felt like a bridge too far in terms of contrasting styles.

TNT title match was very compelling. It was a grueling brawl. Having a cool table spot during PiP probably is less than ideal. I liked how the two parties came out after the match, kind of in awe of what they saw but not mixing it up more than they had to. Cody had a great promo after the fact. He's usually really great when he speaks from the heart and the emotion is cranked up. Should be a good match next week.

Women's match...ugh.

Could not care less about the main event. It's tired routine Jericho has done with the bit of teasing a blowup with someone only to be a ruse...but it's still entertaining lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm enjoying seeing all these celebrity shout outs to Jericho.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some of them were reading off a screen lol. The guy from Metallica definitely was.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least the former wrestlers seemed legit about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to AEW for giving Luke Harper a reign 1 week longer than he had with the IC title back in WWE. Really showing that prick Vince how it's done.

FTR, imo, will go down as one of the best tag-teams of all time. Especially the last decade and the next decade to come. This match was not the greatest but I could watch them against anyone. I literally just watched Billy and Chuck v. Mark Henry and Randy Orton on Velocity for the tag belts, we've seen worse lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Props to AEW for giving Luke Harper a reign 1 week longer than he had with the IC title back in WWE. Really showing that prick Vince how it's done.

FTR, imo, will go down as one of the best tag-teams of all time. Especially the last decade and the next decade to come. This match was not the greatest but I could watch them against anyone. I literally just watched Billy and Chuck v. Mark Henry and Randy Orton on Velocity for the tag belts, we've seen worse lol.
    This post, about luke Harper and the sarcasm about FTR being one of the best tag teams Of all time is fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This post, about luke Harper and the sarcasm about FTR being one of the best tag teams Of all time is fucking brilliant.
    Hey, the FTR part was actually the my honest opinion but I can see how it would come across as sarcasm. Luke Harper on the other hand....Yeah. I guess it's like saying WCW is better than WWE because they gave Lance Storm 3 championships at once and WWE only gave him more exposure, better opponents, and more important title reigns but hey you know fuck Vince.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't too big on Brodie dropping that quick. They should have waited at least another month and then have the match on PPV or something.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Wasn't too big on Brodie dropping that quick. They should have waited at least another month and then have the match on PPV or something.
    Dusty Rhodes rolled in his grave when Cody told Brodie thanks for holding the title for me while I film this show............Do they just not give a fuck?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should have had Brodie with a lengthy run. Week after week of decisive wins against opponents. Then have him drop it in a triple threat match, maybe with Cody and Orange Cassidy. Have Cody pin Orange Cassidy, and Brodie says he was never pinned he should still be champion. And then Cody puts it on the line against him, and beats him. But for Cody to just come back a month later and win, not a fan of that. I think a returning Cody, who says maybe I'm not good enough to be here would have been a good return. He could start small, maybe beat jobbers like Colt Cabana, Tye Dillinger, and even revisit a Goldust feud. Winning these matches gives him his confidence back, and then you can have him fight someone bigger like Jericho or Brian Cage a month before he faces Brodie Lee in that tripel threat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have had Brodie with a lengthy run. Week after week of decisive wins against opponents. Then have him drop it in a triple threat match, maybe with Cody and Orange Cassidy. Have Cody pin Orange Cassidy, and Brodie says he was never pinned he should still be champion. And then Cody puts it on the line against him, and beats him. But for Cody to just come back a month later and win, not a fan of that. I think a returning Cody, who says maybe I'm not good enough to be here would have been a good return. He could start small, maybe beat jobbers like Colt Cabana, Tye Dillinger, and even revisit a Goldust feud. Winning these matches gives him his confidence back, and then you can have him fight someone bigger like Jericho or Brian Cage a month before he faces Brodie Lee in that tripel threat.
    The only thing I honestly do not like about Cody is the guy is such a mark for himself. He reminds me more of Jeff Jarrett than his idol Triple H. Cody wasn't a top guy in WWE so he went to places where he could be a top guy due to the lack of name value and audience. Now he started his own company because he was never going to be a top guy in the big 2 (WWE and NJPW).

And who told his wife we needed an action figure of her?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dusty Rhodes rolled in his grave when Cody told Brodie thanks for holding the title for me while I film this show............Do they just not give a fuck?
    They've definitely made some suspect decisions. This one really made no sense.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    without AEW i'd be really down on wrestling right now. WWE is unwatchable, NXT is totally uninteresting to me too, NJPW is really rough without a crowd and even with a crowd im not a fan of the direction the product is going in recently. but for all the imperfections of AEW i've enjoyed literally every episode of dynamite each week.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would have worked. *IF* Brodie's performances hadn't gone to prove that, as so many say over the decades, that Vince was right. We've seen Brodie Lee against some of the very best recently, not that we didn't before, and lets face it, he's just not very good! Sure, the dude can talk, but he can't emote, and he is dead weight in the ring.

I believe that was his shot, and he blew it bigtime. They did the right thing. Cody is very versatile, and the TNT title is the one that matters more than ever right now with live shows out of the equation. So get it back to the guy who can really go and make it look good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never expected Brodie's run in AEW to be so polarizing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I honestly do not like about Cody is the guy is such a mark for himself. He reminds me more of Jeff Jarrett than his idol Triple H. Cody wasn't a top guy in WWE so he went to places where he could be a top guy due to the lack of name value and audience. Now he started his own company because he was never going to be a top guy in the big 2 (WWE and NJPW).

And who told his wife we needed an action figure of her?
    Lets be honest here Triple H was only the top guy because of who he married and who her dad is.

Cody is a damn fine wrestler, good on the mic, is a leader and easily the face of the franchise.

Oh and he’s still not made himself AEW heavyweight champion yet

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brodie is not that good in the ring yet, glad Cody won it back.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I enjoy Brodie, but physically, I feel he's way past his best now.

And in the UK, we don't get pip, so we just got a replay of the table spot. What a waste.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I gave up with itv and use fite app now. And I do get p in p

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Lets be honest here Triple H was only the top guy because of who he married and who her dad is.

Cody is a damn fine wrestler, good on the mic, is a leader and easily the face of the franchise.

Oh and he’s still not made himself AEW heavyweight champion yet
    That's not true at all about Triple H. He was well on his way to being a top tier main event before he was with Stephanie. If people want to act like this guy didn't climb from the bottom to the top, be the scapegoat for the Klik where he lost a year of his push to Stone Cold back in 1996, then at the very least be realistic. If anything it was his relationship with the Klik which lead to him having a great relationship with Vince, well before he started dating Stephanie.

He didn't leave and go start a company with some other dude's money and make himself a top guy like Cody did. Yeah, he's smart by not making himself WORLD champion. But he did build an entire tournament around him winning their other title that gets defended every single week.

I'm not taking anything away from Cody's skillset. I'm just not a fan of how he and others (like you) pretend like this guy isn't a mark for himself. If he's the face of the franchise it isn't because he's the most popular guy there.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It will be interesting to see how Cody will be able to challenge for the World Title, considering the stipulation when he last lost it. I think Cody vs. Moxley could be a really awesome feud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see how Cody will be able to challenge for the World Title, considering the stipulation when he last lost it. I think Cody vs. Moxley could be a really awesome feud.
    Well, if AEW are as smart as they think they are it'll be simple. Turn Cody heel, and have him acknowledge the reality that he's one of the main people who make all the decisions. He comes out and simply says "Because I can" and we're off to the races. Or he'll win some match where his opportunity can be reinstated. I would personally go with the first one and play on people's assumptions the same way Triple H did.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I gave up with itv and use fite app now. And I do get p in p
    Seriously, if we didn't already have Sky Sports, WWE Network, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+, I bloody would.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not true at all about Triple H. He was well on his way to being a top tier main event before he was with Stephanie. If people want to act like this guy didn't climb from the bottom to the top, be the scapegoat for the Klik where he lost a year of his push to Stone Cold back in 1996, then at the very least be realistic. If anything it was his relationship with the Klik which lead to him having a great relationship with Vince, well before he started dating Stephanie.

He didn't leave and go start a company with some other dude's money and make himself a top guy like Cody did. Yeah, he's smart by not making himself WORLD champion. But he did build an entire tournament around him winning their other title that gets defended every single week.

I'm not taking anything away from Cody's skillset. I'm just not a fan of how he and others (like you) pretend like this guy isn't a mark for himself. If he's the face of the franchise it isn't because he's the most popular guy there.
    Pretty sure he along with Young Bucks have put their own money into it to get it going too.

Don’t get me wrong Triple H probably still would’ve have good upper card/main event career but wouldn’t had been at the top as long as he was if he didn’t have his daddy in laws pull.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Seriously, if we didn't already have Sky Sports, WWE Network, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+, I bloody would.
    Firestick chipped my friend

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure he along with Young Bucks have put their own money into it to get it going too.

Don’t get me wrong Triple H probably still would’ve have good upper card/main event career but wouldn’t had been at the top as long as he was if he didn’t have his daddy in laws pull.
    I'm pretty sure that a billionaire's dad is who's money is truly in this thing. I could be wrong. At one point the Jarretts were who put their money into NWA-TNA.

Do we know for sure that Triple H wasn't going to be on top as long as he was? Again, if we're being realistic, it had more to do with his relationship with Vince during the Klik era than anything. Him marrying Stephanie felt like an arranged marriage. The guy who the king wants to hand the keys to the castle marrying his only daughter...?

Trust me guy, I used to work for a family owned business that made vending machines. I know all about the top salesman marrying one of the owner's daughters. If Triple H was some jabroni that nobody was cheering/booing, sure, you'd have a point. But he delivered more often than not. Yeah, he had like 1 year that was pretty whack where he was the top guy, but he wasn't the only one that was whack (say mid 2002-WM 19).

In terms of him as a full time wrestler trust me dude I was saying the same shit not even 10 years ago. Over time though I realized that the whole "He married Steph that's why he was on top for so long" is just nonsense. Again, the guy had to deliver if you think he didn't as a main eventer then you're delusional.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh he did deliver as a main even guy through the mid 2000, but he hung on well to long after that when he seen new fresh people over more than him.

That’s when he had a chat in father in laws ear and if you think he didn’t then you’re delusional just as much as me.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Triple H was one of those guys who was good, but there were always people around him much, much better. HBK, Angle, Guerrero, Benoit, Snitsky, etc.

Why are we talking about Triple H in an AEW thread.

Let's talk about Luther instead.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh he did deliver as a main even guy through the mid 2000, but he hung on well to long after that when he seen new fresh people over more than him.

That’s when he had a chat in father in laws ear and if you think he didn’t then you’re delusional just as much as me.
    I'm not the one pretending like I have firsthand knowledge of some mythical conversations Triple H had with Vince lol.

He was hot until he dropped the title to Hogan. One of the loudest pops in WWE history was his return from the first quad injury. Again, I was in the same boat as you when I was ignorant. I can agree about certain moments that he should have lost but I also see the flipside of why he won. Even the WM 19 win over Booker T, I understood that win because it lead to Evolution and all these other little things that Cewsh of all people broke down for me years ago.

Being honest I'm sure he had many conversations with Vince, well before he was with Stephanie. Let's not forget it was him, HBK and Vince talking about Montreal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple H was one of those guys who was good, but there were always people around him much, much better. HBK, Angle, Guerrero, Benoit, Snitsky, etc.

Why are we talking about Triple H in an AEW thread.

Let's talk about Luther instead.
    Yeah Snitsky...lol.

Luther.....................Jericho's Brutus the Barber fucking sucks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not the one pretending like I have firsthand knowledge of some mythical conversations Triple H had with Vince lol.

He was hot until he dropped the title to Hogan. One of the loudest pops in WWE history was his return from the first quad injury. Again, I was in the same boat as you when I was ignorant. I can agree about certain moments that he should have lost but I also see the flipside of why he won. Even the WM 19 win over Booker T, I understood that win because it lead to Evolution and all these other little things that Cewsh of all people broke down for me years ago.

Being honest I'm sure he had many conversations with Vince, well before he was with Stephanie. Let's not forget it was him, HBK and Vince talking about Montreal.
    You keep on mentioning the before Stephanie stuff but in my opinion he was just Shawn’s lackey sucking up to vince that way, then the whole thing was complete that he married his daughter and it all worked out just fine for him :wink:

Come on fella, plenty have wrestlers said he was a suck up to help get to where he is (fair enough if that’s what he had to do). Plenty of wrestlers who were better (Cody one of them) left because they don’t suck up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like mentioned it’s got to be as a heel now and he says he can do what he wants etc...Unless it’s one of those situations where the heel goads and teases him saying he can’t never beat him and to put his career on the line.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You keep on mentioning the before Stephanie stuff but in my opinion he was just Shawn’s lackey sucking up to vince that way, then the whole thing was complete that he married his daughter and it all worked out just fine for him :wink:

Come on fella, plenty have wrestlers said he was a suck up to help get to where he is (fair enough if that’s what he had to do). Plenty of wrestlers who were better (Cody one of them) left because they don’t suck up.
    What wrestlers? The ones that didn't get very far up the card so they're looking for anyone to blame? Sure I'll buy that. I'd love to know what wrestlers you are speaking on. What youtube headline reads "Midcarder owns up to the fact they weren't that good"? No it's "Headbanger Mosh says Triple H held him down!"

Come on fella, watch anything of Triple H before Stephanie and tell me that guy wasn't destined for a main event career. Again, he had to deliver. He was delivering well before he dated Stephanie. Did you forgot about DX in 1998? Or his feud with Mankind. Or his work in the IC title division with Mero, Goldust, etc?

I get it. It's cool to hold on to that outdated, ignorant mentality that Triple H married into a legacy but he was destined for that push the moment he signed. He showed he was willing to do what it takes to show the fans and the promoter that he was worthy of that top spot and he lived up to it. Nobody is going back watching Triple H v. Cactus Jack at the Rumble 2000 saying "Triple H is only great in this feud because of who he's married to!"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He aligned himself with the Kliq and it essentially provided him the booking protection that he needed to turn himself into a mainstay. He then married the bosses’ daughter and obviously that didn’t hurt either. He wouldn’t have had the career he’s had. Few wrestlers he buried where better than him or more popular. Look at the talent Triple H pulled out his “Golden Shovel” and buried

Mick Foley (2000)
    Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania)
    Kurt Angle (2000)
    CM Punk (2011)
    Daniel Bryan (2013)
    Randy Orton (2004)
    Goldberg (2003)
    Booker T (Wrestlemania)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shelton Benjamin would’ve had the long mainstay career if he did what Triple H did. Otherwise Triple H is a Shelton Benjamin

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He aligned himself with the Kliq and it essentially provided him the booking protection that he needed to turn himself into a mainstay. He then married the bosses’ daughter and obviously that didn’t hurt either. He wouldn’t have had the career he’s had. Few wrestlers he buried where better than him or more popular. Look at the talent Triple H pulled out his “Golden Shovel” and buried

Mick Foley (2000)
    Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania)
    Kurt Angle (2000)
    CM Punk (2011)
    Daniel Bryan (2013)
    Randy Orton (2004)
    Goldberg (2003)
    Booker T (Wrestlemania)
    LMFAO. 90% of those guys are legends and the other 10% are about to be legends....

Shelton Benjamin would’ve had the long mainstay career if he did what Triple H did. Otherwise Triple H is a Shelton Benjamin
    Chris...........Troll Level 100.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Umaga to the bury list.

Triple H made Zack Ryder look like a total prick when he got in the ring with him and took a selfie, then proceeded to hit him with the pedigree after the WWE locker room voted no confidence in Triple H. Ryder was just starting to get over and become a hot act, as his YouTube show was picking up steam. And then Triple H lays him out in the ring, ending that push.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMFAO. 90% of those guys are legends and the other 10% are about to be legends....

Chris...........Troll Level 100.
    Yeah my point is he needed his pull to bury them cos he’s not that super good you’re making him out to be.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not talking two, three even five guys. It’s like over ten guys he’s fucked over.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically if you didn't beat Triple H in a squash, he buried them?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If it weren't my brothers account I'd let you use my password

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You don't like that website I gave you? Their version is from TNT so the pip version. I used it to watch last weeks after I missed it. If the issue is watching it on your tv just buy a Chromecast.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If it weren't my brothers account I'd let you use my password
    I thought Peter Griffin was an only child. Interesting.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol fucking what? what in the absolute hell are you going on about with this trips nonsense. he no doubt benefited from becoming a part of the mcmahon family, but the reason he had the run he had was because he's one of the only people from the attitude era who managed to stay around. rock left for hollywood, austin broke down, foley broke down. the only other one was taker, who also managed to have an insanely long and memorable career.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah Chris that's pretty nuts for a comparison.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    lol fucking what? what in the absolute hell are you going on about with this trips nonsense. he no doubt benefited from becoming a part of the mcmahon family, but the reason he had the run he had was because he's one of the only people from the attitude era who managed to stay around. rock left for hollywood, austin broke down, foley broke down. the only other one was taker, who also managed to have an insanely long and memorable career.
    Nah don’t agree the reason he’s had the overdue long run because he buried people cos he had the power too. I’m not doubting what he did as a top player through the mid 2000’s. Read my other convos ffs

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Chris that's pretty nuts for a comparison.
    Yeah well we all know my love for Shelton so hopefully I hoped people would see through the sarcasm...obviously not

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically if you didn't beat Triple H in a squash, he buried them?
    No just don’t be a dick and put people over while still staying a top guy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm going to watch last week's Dynamite, will be my first time watching a full show.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah well we all know my love for Shelton so hopefully I hoped people would see through the sarcasm...obviously not
    I wasn't sure one way or the orher tbh

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No just don’t be a dick and put people over while still staying a top guy.
    He put plenty of people over. Look at his win/loss record. Look at the storylines. I know it's a tough pill to swallow that he's not as bad as everyone thinks he is. It's low hanging fruit to bash the guy and assume he's only where he is because of who he's married to. Every wrestler who says that sounds so butthurt about their own career and you also have to consider who is talking this shit. People who weren't really around him or had zero to do with booking the show.

Jim Cornette pretty much echoes everything I've said about Triple H and why he is where he is. And that guy doesn't seem to care one bit about Triple H, well before he married Stephanie.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems odd to me that Brian cage and Ricky starks back down to darby all in. Will hobbes is still recovering from the match, and cage and starks are much bigger than allin they should be able to handle him.

I would have had allin start fighting the both of them, only to lose that battle, but have hobbes help to even the score and then both of them stand tall as cage and starks scurry to the back

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of this Hobbs dude at all. He just randomly showed up one day and now he's one of Moxley's guys.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Hobbs situation was weird how he just came in out of nowhere.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to watch last week's Dynamite, will be my first time watching a full show.
    First time actually watching Dynamite? If so last weeks isn’t a good show. Probably one of the weakest in a while. The show with the main event street fight is the one you want to watch. Quality show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Hobbs situation was weird how he just came in out of nowhere.
    Hasn't he been a guy on Dark for a little bit? Seems like a he just moved up from Dark to Dynamite. Maybe I'm wrong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he was on Dark, I don’t watch that so no idea how he was getting on.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    You don't like that website I gave you? Their version is from TNT so the pip version. I used it to watch last weeks after I missed it. If the issue is watching it on your tv just buy a Chromecast.
    Oh God, I forgot all about that.

Thanks, I will try that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should watch more Dark. One time I saw they had like 7 matches.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I should watch more Dark. One time I saw they had like 7 matches.
    If you're a tye dillinger fan then you should watch Dark

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I'm not. That guy is terrible, always has been.

I did see one early Dark episode where I THINK it was Kenny Omega v. Joey Jannella in a hardcore style match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MR Tuesday night Dark he is.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This luther and masked guy #45 vs Jericho and swagger might be the worst wrestling match I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dynamite had a lot of instances of wrestlers waiting for the next spot to happen. It was especially noteable in the Jericho match, where hager and Jericho waiting for the masked guy to jump on them and when all of them were on the floor waiting for luther to jump on them. Wwe that happens but either the camera doesn't show them waiting or it's very short window. Luther looked uncomfortable in the ring.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://twitter.com/lancehoyt/status...369940480?s=21

still cuts a great fucking promo PERIOD!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm dying for MJF to just sucker punch Jericho lol. I hope it happens

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy reffing the Cody/Cassidy match might be the most unenthusiastic referee I've ever seen. He literally just stands in one spot and watches the match lol. So bad

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are you Spudz?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

icon16

Last edited by JuveLeo; October 14th, 2020 at 9:19 PM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not enjoy Cody vs Orange

Just kick Orange in the face! It made Cody look very stupid

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    https://twitter.com/lancehoyt/status...369940480?s=21

still cuts a great fucking promo PERIOD!
    Put him up there with names like Scott Hall and Jake the Snake who never won a World championship when they fucking should have.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame things didn't pan out with Monty in WWE. Dude could've been a star.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Shame things didn't pan out with Monty in WWE. Dude could've been a star.
    I'm curious as to what he would've accomplished if he didn't have family issues that pulled him out of the business. Kind of reminds me of when Ahmed Johnson abruptly quit back in the day. Just out of nowhere something happened and they had to bounce to take care of the family.

I will say this, didn't realize how short he was until he came to WWECW.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's no coincidence that Monty Brown's last match and Chris Benoit's last match both occurred on 6/19/07. Why aren't the police investigating Monty Brown?