Results 4,501 to 4,600 of 15611

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    And I too popped for Gangrel... Kind of knew Helms would show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Hell of a show, had a blast watching it.

- Omega/Page as the opener delivered in a big way. Right man won. Nice to have Don Callis on commentary for it. I think this is a story that has been well told since it began a year ago. We've now arrived where many thought we would with Omega back challenging for the big gold and Page seemingly in a downward spiral. I'm looking forward to seeing it develop further still.
    - OC/Silver was a real joy. Two guys who you'd expect to be "lower card" (and in NXT/WWE certainly would be) getting over and having the chance to show what they can do. Silver is a great little worker to have in this position on the card.
    - Darby and Cody was very good until a somewhat abrupt ending but it was great to see Darby finally get the big win (albeit not as great as it would've been in front of a packed house but we're working with what we've got here). As they were celebrating as I was thinking about potential opponents for Allin and figured Cage would be one of them. Taz and Team FTW are really enjoyable right now. Taz is so good in this role it's a mystery how little we've seen of him doing it since he feuded with JR and Jerry Lawler 20 years ago. Cage will be a good asset for a while and I think Starks will go far in AEW too. They're all just complete, no nonsense dicks. The attack was vicious and old school and I loved big Willie Hobbs coming to the rescue. Felt like an old school angle.
    - I like Vickie being paired with Nyla Rose. Makes her a bit more usable, so hopefully that's not the end. Shida impressed here again. She's such a bad ass. The women's division in AEW has been fleshed out a lot and there's a number of girls with potential but they're still working things out. I'm fine with Shida beating challenger after challenger until someone really worthy comes along.
    - Tag Title match was a show stealer as expected. FTR are still brilliant at what they do, The Bucks reigned it in a bit and the two teams had a brilliant match. Hot closing stretch.
    - Elite Deletion was far too long but I did enjoy parts. GANGREL's cameo was especially great as I think I'd had it in my head that he'd died in the last couple of years, so even more of a shock. The absurdity of the fireworks battle, what fun. Then they locked themselves in the arena with the ominous music and it just begun to drag. Fine end to a solid midcard feud though.
    - Great entrances for MJF/Jericho. Jericho looked pretty good here and the match was booked to perfection. MJF and Jericho's interaction in the Inner Circle should be entertaining and Wardlow/Swagger staring daggers at each other is the real draw. Wardlow quickly getting off the ropes when it was Hager's turn was predictable and satisfying.
    - Main Event was sufficiently brutal but I was a bit disappointed. With how intense the build up was perhaps that was inevitable but I was hoping it would be up there with Eddie Kingston's best wars. I think it fell a bit short. The build seems to have gotten quite a few people behind Eddie to the point that they actually thought he had a chance of winning. Then of course you recall he IS the heel and this IS an I Quit match. Anyway, solid end to one of the year's best feuds. The announce team sounded tired by this point as well (or JR and Tony did at least).
    - Also, one of the things I like most about AEW is how good a job they do of keeping the rest of the roster involved (the PAC video on Dynamite, Miro and Kip's appearance on this show, the vignette with Archer and Jake, all the people that came out with competitors, even Will Hobbs).
    Last edited by Ringo; November 8th, 2020 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Orange Cassidy would be fine in NXT I think.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    elite deletion is probably my pick for worst match of the year.

page/omega best match of the night for me. with a hot crowd and some fat cut off of the last 10 minutes or so, bucks/FTR could have been a classic. main event didn't quite live up to expectations, for one it needed a LOT more blood, but was still very good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    also the top rope cross rhodes spot in darby/cody was just STUPID.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Orange Cassidy would be fine in NXT I think.
    Aye that's probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    also the top rope cross rhodes spot in darby/cody was just STUPID.
    That spot was fucking nuts, loved it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Absolutely love that we're getting Dustin Rhodes in a Bunkhouse match on TV in 2020 as well by the way. Should be a blast.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Is that the thing were Dustin got fired from WCW back in the day for blading?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great PPV. I enjoyed almost every match aside from the Hardy/Sammy match. Was kinda goofy with the horrendous acting, but seeing Gangrel pop up was nice. Also, did anyone else notice Private Party standing by the ring before their run in? Lol, i had nice chuckle.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Great show. Opener, Darby/Cody and the tag title matches were all great. Silva and Orange had a good match and Nyla/Shida was entertaining enough too.

The Hardy match was far too long and a bit shit.

MJF and Jericho I didn't particularly like either, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Main event, a little disappointing. But nothing outright bad.

3 excellent matches, some good and not a lot of bad. So overall a solid 8/10 show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mox vs Omega for free on Dynamite. I'm surprised they're not waiting to put this on PPV.

Ughhh Brandi is so cringeeee
    Last edited by JuveLeo; November 11th, 2020 at 9:51 PM.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to get the belt off Mox in time for him to quarantine for two weeks in Japan. They also don't want him losing as AEW Champion at the Dome either. So spoiler alert Kenny is winning.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what defrost said, plus they were never going to wait for the next ppv, which isnt for another three and a half months. if there werent new japan conflicts, i'd assume it would've went down at the early january special event.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i kinda figured. Kinda lame if Kenny wins it on TV. PPV would have felt better in my opinion, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Good show and all but hype man TK said something about the balance of power in wrestling

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If the big surprise was Shaq...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody wants to bring back chair shots to the head. Thoughts?

Personally, not a fan of that opinion.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Cody wants to bring back chair shots to the head. Thoughts?

Personally, not a fan of that opinion.
    you're like a year and a half late on this.

if they can use a gimmicked chair and do them without endangering the health of the person taking it, i'm all for them. i'm for anything in wrestling that looks brutal and conveys hatred without being an actual danger.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Yeah, i kinda figured. Kinda lame if Kenny wins it on TV. PPV would have felt better in my opinion, but it is what it is.
    Their ppv numbers are horrifying. Probably because most of their audience are broke ass ninjas who illegally stream everything anyway.

PPV is kind of a dead model anyway. It works if you have the audience but they can barely pull 700,000 viewers on cable and a literally fraction of that PAYS to watch it. Put it on free tv and it'll be the highest rating they've done. Or we'll find out if that shit tag-team Kenny was stuck in for over a year truly did kill his appeal he had coming in to AEW.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of their PPVs have done over 100,000 buys. That's really good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    all of their PPVs are doing double TNA's biggest buyrate ever at a time when spending money on traditional wrestling PPVs has been bigly devalued

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i feel like the first televised world title change is actually a bigger deal and feels more memorable

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also better than every ECW PPV ever and better than most of the last year of WCW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    All of their PPVs have done over 100,000 buys. That's really good.
    I'd believe 100,000 views, idk about actual buys but that's just me avoiding being wrong lol.

100,000 buys, especially in comparison to TNA when TNA were going up against the UFC and WWE when they were giving a shit about ppv, that's pretty good if actually legit.

Think about this. WM 35 did just over 100,000 buys. Now obviously that's on top of those who watched it on the Network. If you go and look at just the Mania buyrates, as soon as the Network hit prior to WM 30 the PAY PER VIEW BUYS for just that show drop significantly. AEW not really having anyone to run up against in the ppv world and drawing 100,000+ buys, very impressive so I definitely take back what I said.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Good show and all but hype man TK said something about the balance of power in wrestling
    Actually thought that’s the worst one yet they’ve done.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel like the first televised world title change is actually a bigger deal and feels more memorable
    Good point, but i feel AEW doesn't do the greatest job hyping their TV events. I remember when they did Bash at the Beach and they literally hyped it up a week before. Viewership didn't even pass 900k if i recall correctly. They should Inform viewers of the event at least a month before so word can get around and can create interest.

Mox vs Omega is December 3rd i believe. They got roughly 3 weeks to build this. If done properly, they should hit over a million.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it's pretty much the biggest thing they can possible do on TV, so it'll be interesting to see what their true ceiling is.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penta/Fenix II was surreal as fuck and I loved every second of it.

It also might not have been the shift in power balance as was hyped by TK, but that ending segment with PAC and Kingston was fucking fire. I think AEW, while still a bit bloated, are really starting to build a bag of stars that's getting a bit fatter. You have Mox, Jericho, Cody, The Young Bucks, who have pretty much all been hot and popular before and/or from the start of AEW and have made a foundation to build from. Then you have the likes of Kenny, Orange Cassidy, MJF, PAC, Darby, Hangman, who may not have started strong or been consistent, but have earned a lot of clout from the crowd and have developed tremendously. And of course, Eddie Kingston has stood out from the get-go by just seeming to give a fuck more than any other person on the planet.

And there are a lot of guys underneath who are just waiting to break out at some point, like Jungle Boy or recently Ricky Starks to name a couple. And of course, the tag division is in good hands with The Revival, Best Friends, and Jurassic Express hanging around. All they need to do is tighten up their women's division. There's a lot of potential, and if they can end up getting more Thunder Rosa, I think that could help a lot. I'm interested to see what could happen with Anna Jay and Tay Conti if they continue to follow up on that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like AEW is slowly becoming interesting. Don't think I'll fork over money to watch the PPVs, but I might start recording Dynamite and check them out. Could do without Jericho, Miro and Brodie Lee, but then again WWE has some talent I could do without.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's ratings for Full Gear:

Deeb vs. Kay: 2.5

Omega vs. Page: 4.5

Cassidy vs. Silver: 3.5

Allin vs. Rhodes: 4.25

Rose vs. Shida: 3.25

FTR vs. Young Bucks: 5.25

Guevara vs. Hardy: No rating (cinematic)

Jericho vs. MJF: 3.5

Kingston vs. Moxley: 4.25

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely didn't rate FTR/Young Bucks that high. It was a great match, but I think I liked both Omega/Hangman and Cody/Darby more.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kingston/Moxley is overrated. It wasn't that good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Definitely didn't rate FTR/Young Bucks that high. It was a great match, but I think I liked both Omega/Hangman and Cody/Darby more.
    Nah loved the tag match one of the best ones I’ve seen. I’d agree with that rating.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that was without the Meltzer Driver lol.

Seriously, Meltzer has a tendency to overrate a bit especially when it comes to AEW’s tag division but I did really appreciate the overall story and the finish here with them throwing their best at each other, then that last desperate superkick with one leg after FTR targeted it.

Wouldn’t give it that high a score but it was my favourite with Omega/Hangman a close second.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Nah loved the tag match one of the best ones I’ve seen. I’d agree with that rating.
    I wasn't saying the match was bad at all. I loved it. I just wouldn't say that it was greater than 5 stars.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I know you weren’t, I was just making my point I agree with the score it got.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Inner Circle/MJF & Wardlow stuff has been really good.

The picture from Vegas, Jericho, MJF & Santana all happy. Sammy G and Ortiz pissed off and Hager & Wardlow staring at each other as usual

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so much going on in this pic. MJF, Jericho, and Santana are having a blast while Otiz and Sammy are utterly dejected. Meanwhile, Wardlow and Hager are as far apart as possible, but staring holes into each other.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is MJF a fan of Tom Baker?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    There's so much going on in this pic. MJF, Jericho, and Santana are having a blast while Otiz and Sammy are utterly dejected. Meanwhile, Wardlow and Hager are as far apart as possible, but staring holes into each other.

this was the one I was on about

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "A picture is worth a thousand words"-Nash Diesel 2020

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I believe Michael Scott said that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, that's actually pretty funny.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I stuck the latest Dark on. Few observations:

• The women's matches were probably the highlight. Leyla Hirsch is the business, expect her to go on to bigger things for sure. Her opponent Tesha Price needs work but showed flashes. Lindsay Rose against Thunder Rosa and Alex Gracia against Ivelisse also impressed. Kilynn King and Big Swole less so but it was fine too.
    • D-Von's sons TNT have definitely got potential. They look pretty solid already.
    • Griff Garrison's going places I reckon. Fun match with Kazarian.
    • Britt Baker has a new talk show segment called The Waiting Room. Could work for her. The Hybrid 2 were on and their promo was quite effective. Dorks.
    • Another of Billy Gunn's sons, Colton, made his debut as part of the Gunn Club so they're a trio now. He's taller and older than Austin but doesn't look as polished. Billy at 57 is still the best of the three.
    • Amongst all the newer talent, I think The Acclaimed stand out. I see they got contracts so that makes sense. Max Caster feels like an instant star especially. Look forward to them appearing on Dynamite.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leyla Hirsch is the real deal. Get her a manager and let her tear up the division.

This was an amusing find.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told a couple of the guys in Fantasy Football I would give AEW another chance, so I watched last weeks show.....

It probably isn’t good that my main takeaway was that Cody still has the most pretentious fucking entrance in professional wrestling.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    I told a couple of the guys in Fantasy Football I would give AEW another chance, so I watched last weeks show.....

It probably isn’t good that my main takeaway was that Cody still has the most pretentious fucking entrance in professional wrestling.
    I mean, if nothing else, he definitely plays on that personality. He's basically a pseudo-heel at this point.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For a big signing in Miro, I haven't heard a lot about him recently in AEW. Also Brodie Lee for that matter.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Top Flight tag team are really good. They've executed all their high flying moves near perfectly. The only issue i have is, like much of AEW, they go at a 100 percent the entire match. These guys need to slow down.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    For a big signing in Miro, I haven't heard a lot about him recently in AEW. Also Brodie Lee for that matter.
    Brodie Lee is injured.

Also, it's so Mox to just casually mention in a promo that Renee is pregnant.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Top Flight tag team are really good. They've executed all their high flying moves near perfectly. The only issue i have is, like much of AEW, they go at a 100 percent the entire match. These guys need to slow down.
    Loved their match. This is a team I can get fully behind

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the Vegas stuff

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The Vegas stuff was fantastic.

Enjoyed the Top Flight/Bucks too and the main event this week, also.

Oh, Deeb and Rosa was good too. Rosa looking very strong in defeat and moving on with Baker.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's the story with the AEW Women's championship? Why do we have both the AEW and NWA women's champions in this company? I don't watch really anything related to the NWA that happened after the 80's so I can't even tell you if there are any other NWA talents working for AEW like the women's champion has been.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    So what's the story with the AEW Women's championship? Why do we have both the AEW and NWA women's champions in this company? I don't watch really anything related to the NWA that happened after the 80's so I can't even tell you if there are any other NWA talents working for AEW like the women's champion has been.
    Doesn't seem like they can film their youtube show NWA Powerr right now so I think Billy Corgan just wanted to get the title some exposure. I think it's just Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb working for both, Thunder Rosa isn't signed to AEW though, Serena Deeb is, but Ricky Starks and Eddie Kingston were both with NWA before they signed to AEW.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ance_personnel

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Doesn't seem like they can film their youtube show NWA Powerr right now so I think Billy Corgan just wanted to get the title some exposure. I think it's just Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb working for both, Thunder Rosa isn't signed to AEW though, Serena Deeb is, but Ricky Starks and Eddie Kingston were both with NWA before they signed to AEW.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ance_personnel
    Ok I wasn't sure if it was some weird angle they're working toward to have an AEW/NWA Women's champion or what the deal is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Colt Cabana and Allysin Kay also appeared on Power. I miss that show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    The Vegas stuff was fantastic.

Enjoyed the Top Flight/Bucks too and the main event this week, also.

Oh, Deeb and Rosa was good too. Rosa looking very strong in defeat and moving on with Baker.
    Oh good was the Top Flight match. It flowed very nicely and the high spots where nice and crisp.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it me, or has Jake the Snake gained a lot of weight again? I hope he's still keeping himself healthy.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads

As someone who has only kept up to date with reports online due to being flat out with work and family, I'm curious

Who are the 'faces amongst the Penta/Fenix/Kingston/Pac/Butcher/Blade/Bunny/Archer thing

Seems like a weird way to close the show

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    penta, fenix and pac seemed to have turned face. kingston is a clear heel.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody says there is no such things as faces and heels and he's the best booker in there so think about that.

I don't mean this as a compliment.

Who is the best booker in wrestling right now anyway? Gedo has shit the bed this year. AEW is fine I guess. Vince is senile. I haven't been paying much attention to anything else during the plague.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Court Bauer is doing a solid job with MLW honestly. Is delirious back in charge in roh, because they’ve been good since rebooting.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it sounds like Scurll got shitcanned

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if Hook wrestles in a peter pan costume.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice show this week. Give me Team Taz vs The Nightmare family all day please, should be fun Taz & Cody on the mic

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it me, or has Jake the Snake gained a lot of weight again? I hope he's still keeping himself healthy.
    Jake revealed in September that he's dealing with C.O.P.D. (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake revealed in September that he's dealing with C.O.P.D. (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
    Thanks for informing me dude.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for informing me dude.
    No prob.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Yeah it sounds like Scurll got shitcanned
    Can't think why. Anyhow Dynamite and NXT are my shows now, Skip through Raw and SD to stuff I like the look of (bel to bell is usually good) but yeah Vince and his yes men have rendered me a casual main roster watcher barring ppvs.

On the other side of that I enjoy Dynamite and NXT every week on the whole.

Inner Circle
    Team Taz
    Eddie's Family

Are probably my favourite things going.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can’t watch any wwe stuff at this point. The camera work makes me dizzy and there are like 10 hours of tv a week, I just can’t do it.

my weekly viewing now is basically:

MLW...easily my fave weekly shows.
    ROH most weeks. The new product is very good, but some ppl on the roster are a bore.
    Dynamite...good most every week. I really enjoy it.
    whenever NJPW does a show...although Gedo’s booking is going apeshit in a bad way.
    Impact. The matches don’t really do it for me, but the storylines and characters are top notch.

I miss POWERRR tho

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hero! what impact stories are top notch?

i've watched a little of the new product, and it's just all over the place. how is rich swann a main eventer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I recored a random episode of Impact the other day too see how it was.

Myers was wrestling Hornswoggle and there was a who done it angle because someone was shot whiles getting married or something, madness.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that guy who got shot is one of the worst characters i have seen in awhile

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up half way through it was like watching a very bad B movie.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw Abadon is going after the Women's championship. Looks like I'll be tuning into a bit of AEW now.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Time to change my username to Abadonald

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW and WWE are going up against an NFL game this week. I have no interest in handegg, but from what I hear this is an anticipated game so it will be interesting to see how AEW and NXT fair. Hopefully neither show is hurt too bad. I should watch both shows live to help them out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both no doubt will do shit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NFL game will finish before, starts at 3.40pm ET.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh didn’t know it was starting that early.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I was gonna say. Would've made all the talk of AEW potentially getting a record number with this big match rather odd unless the NFL game had been moved.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I was gonna say. Would've made all the talk of AEW potentially getting a record number with this big match rather odd unless the NFL game had been moved.
    well the game was originally supposed to happen on thanksgiving last thursday, but there was a bunch of covid cases on one of the teams, so it kept getting pushed back; first to sunday, then tuesday and finally wednesday. they would be playing wednesday evening/night, but NBC is already committed to airing the rockefeller center tree lighting ceremony, so they moved the play time up. there was never supposed to be any conflict like this for this episode of dynamite.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Ah, that makes sense. Would've been a bit of a downer for AEW if they'd clashed.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody supposed to be a face and Tazz supposed to be a heel yet they got it ass backwards in that segment. Tazz just trying to get a title recognised and Cody bringing up Tazz’s son like a dick.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Dark is a fun show. Far too long to actually sit through but I've enjoyed dipping into it. Danny Limelight impressed me this week. I think he'd be a good fit for Team Taz and they already brought up the Brooklyn link. The Acclaimed are a fun act too.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Cody supposed to be a face and Tazz supposed to be a heel yet they got it ass backwards in that segment. Tazz just trying to get a title recognised and Cody bringing up Tazz’s son like a dick.
    Shades of gray

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Cody said he didn't want heels or faces to usually be well defined. That's why Death Triangle vs Eddie Kingston's family is a thing. Also if you look at the Young Bucks superkicking everyone and throwing money at them before they won the titles.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Leyla Hirsh is tiny.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's pretty dope, though

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also dig that Hobbs is rocking the orange and black now

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This feels like one of those old school Rajah

JHKLSDJFOIDJSP:FISJRFJAEFDIKSJD:LK"FJPJDOJMIJH:SDK LSLFHJSJHIUKDFHIUHFOIHYUIHDIOUFHYSHSGFIHGI

moments.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    definitely a cool, totally unexpected moment. the production on the entrance was awesome.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That theme is awesome. I don't understand what exactly he's going to do in AEW though.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I legit had chills watching that staredown with Darby. It felt so impactful, yet minimal.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    That theme is awesome. I don't understand what exactly he's going to do in AEW though.
    if he can do it physically they should do him vs. darby allin at the next PPV and put darby over.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Mox has gotten so good on the stick. Just comfortable as hell, and both passionate and gritty.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if he can do it physically they should do him vs. darby allin at the next PPV and put darby over.
    I expect it'll be a bit of a coaching thing with some big blow-off between Team Taz and Darby/Cody/Sting.

A proper Sting/Darby match before he's gone or chills would be awesome, though.