Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 15611

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it's such a tragedy orange cassidy's push isn't happening in front of normal crowds.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn his ear look busted up pretty bad. Should be a fun match at Fyter Fest

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either Anderson is going to betray Cody or seduce him to the dark side. That kind of feels like the two routes for Cody. I'm thinking the turn is the bigger play later.

Really good tag match between SCU and FTR. Pretty good promo package to build the tag title match at Fyter Fest. I don't see those titles changing but I appreciate them trying to make the match matter.

I still really don't know what to make of The Dark Order. They've been doing a bunch of random things to varying degrees and I don't think it's really amounted too much. Like, you can make a case that a bunch of small piece can add up to a cool collage but I don't think we've gotten to that point yet.

I have to think AEW has to be scrambling with Renee Young testing positive for Covid in light of who her husband is. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to presume the chances are relatively strong that Moxley could test positive for it unless they were EXTREMELY proactive and self-isolating.

I can only imagine the response from the crowd for all of the Cassidy/Jericho stuff.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week 03: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week 04: 963,000 viewers
    Week 05: 759,000 viewers
    Week 06: 822,000 viewers
    Week 07: 957,000 viewers
    Week 08: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week 09: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers
    Week 33: 701,000 viewers
    Week 34: 827,000 viewers
    Week 35: 730,000 viewers
    Week 36: 677,000 viewers
    Week 37: 772,000 viewers
    Week 38: 633,000 viewers (NXT higher)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Significant loss there for AEW, other losses were very close. It will be interesting to see the next couple of weeks, with Fyter Fest.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to wonder what caused such a huge drop for AEW while NXT remained steady. Was no Moxley and Guevara a deal breaker for so many people?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its purely speculation and whatnot, but given that AEW's viewers tend to skew toward the smarky side of the fan base and that almost all of them are very much tied to social media and Twitter and the like, maybe AEW's drop in viewership had to do with all the bad news about so many formerly "fan-favorite" wrestlers? I know they didn't work for AEW. But the Joey Ryan-types of the world were in the orbit of AEW. There's a lot of mental association there. This might have been the week where some people just had enough of it and said "meh, fuck wrestling" and watched something else Wednesday night.

Like how viewership dropped off after Chris Benoit died.

There's also a lot of major news out there about Covid-19 cases increasing, #BLM coverage, there was a major press conference/live stream about the new Avengers game that same day, The Last of Us 2 just came out.

There's a lot of other things to engage with besides AEW.

They'll probably bounce back hard with Fyter Fest next week.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; June 26th, 2020 at 6:33 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I know its purely speculation and whatnot, but given that AEW's viewers tend to skew toward the smarky side of the fan base and that almost all of them are very much tied to social media and Twitter and the like, maybe AEW's drop in viewership had to do with all the bad news about so many formerly "fan-favorite" wrestlers? I know they didn't work for AEW. But the Joey Ryan-types of the world were in the orbit of AEW. There's a lot of mental association there. This might have been the week where some people just had enough of it and said "meh, fuck wrestling" and watched something else Wednesday night.

Like how viewership dropped off after Chris Benoit died.

There's also a lot of major news out there about Covid-19 cases increasing, #BLM coverage, there was a major press conference/live stream about the new Avengers game that same day, The Last of Us 2 just came out.

There's a lot of other things to engage with besides AEW.

They'll probably bounce back hard with Fyter Fest next week.
    But by that case, wouldn't NXT viewers have dropped also?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I suppose that should've been the case.

Eh, its all just speculation.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I don’t really see a direct correlation as to why we would have seen a drop on NXT’s side due to it. It’s not like NXT has had to decide to scrub performers out of their library like The Bucks decides they had to with Being the Elite footage. The performers in question were directly tied by employment or loose affiliation to AEW.

I think the general theory is a good one to see why AEW would see a dip, and it seems like AEW’s audience is good to go away when other things are happening in the world and just come back via DVR.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww yeah baby... who's ready? Who's ready for another wild week of Wednesday warfare, as AEW ignites the night with their welcome Wednesday wild storm of wrestling chaos known around the world as AEW's Wednesday Night...

- And tonight we're in line for a summer festival two-parter like never seen before. We don't have to hop a boat to an island and go eat baloney and cheese in a tent made of plastic bags and promoter's lies and best wishes. No, we can settle in and enjoy Night 1 of AEW's two-night summer spectacular -- FYTER FEST

- And on Night 1 of AEW's super summer spectacular -- Too big for just one night we'll see...

- For The TNT Championship -- Cody Rhodes defends his title against Jake "Has A Lot Of Swagger" Hager

- For The AEW Tag-Team Championships -- "Cowboy Brand Whiskey Goes Down Smooth" - "Hangman" Adam "Can You Get A DUI On A Horse?" Page and "Twinkle Toes McFinger Bang-Bang" Kenny "Olivier" Omega defend their Tag-Team titles against The Ambiguously Gay Best Friends Duo -- Chuck "What 'Da Fuck?" Taylor and Trent? "No Last Name Given".

- For The AEW Women's Championship -- Hikaru "Now Has A Youtube Channel" Shida defends her title against "Super Bitch" Penelope Ford

- In a tag-team grudge match -- Private Party - Marq Quen and Isiah Kassady take on The Inner Circle's very own Proud And Powerful -- Santana and Ortiz

- In yet another tag-team war -- The Jurassic Express -- Luchasauraus and "Jungle Jack Perry" Jungle Boy w/Marko "Stunted Growth" Stunt take on the team of "You've Never Met Another MJF(er Quite Like Me") and "The War Dog" Wardlow.

- And there's your lot for tonight. A loaded free TV card, as close to a pay-per-view as you can get without having to give them your credit card number. AEW's giving the milk away for free and next week, somebody might be going home with a new cow.

Enjoy the show!

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    unless im forgetting something, that might have been the best match of the quarantine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake Roberts has done 8 balls of cocaine bigger than Joey Nutella.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    unless im forgetting something, that might have been the best match of the quarantine.
    FTR vs. SCU from last week was leagues better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting white subtitles in front of someone in a plain white shirt doesn’t help their readability.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billionaire Khan needs to shell out some money to license a Marilyn Manson or a Rob Zombie tune for these Darby Allin vignettes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dustin comes in and hits Hager while Jericho is on commentary and just watches? For a heel faction, much of them don't like to interfere lol. Seems like the babyfaces do it often

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “They were driven to the ring by Trent’s mom!”

Okay, I liked that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, all snarky bullshit aside, that was a damn fine show.

- The opening tag-team match was damn fun stuff. Jungle Boy and MJF have some great in-ring chemistry and I really liked the dynamic of each team having a crafty smaller dude and a big, muscled up giant dude. The only thing I didn't like was the 4-way kip-up spot. That felt weirdly "ECW" to me or something. Like one of those spots Rob-Van Dam and Jerry Lynn would do where they'd go through a series of moves, counters, and reversals and then kip up at the same time and have a face-off. Otherwise, it was fine, bordering right there on "really good". Not sure about the choice to beat Wardlow on TV. He seems like the kind of guy you should keep undefeated for a while. Also, definitely not crazy about AEW seemingly teasing dissension between MJF and Wardlow already. Those two need to stay a unit. They're better as a duo than they would be apart. Between Brodie Lee, Brian Cage, and Jake Hager -- AEW already has enough big, indestructible singles guys. Keep Wardlow as a heater, because he's not as good or as over or as ready as any of those other three.

- Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford was really good stuff. I've been skeptical of Ford, but damn, she looked great here. Loved her using Luchasaurus' "Tail Whip" finish, as a transition spot, and doing it better than him. Ford strikes me as a weird combination of Sable and Lita -- But she has a personality, unlike Sable. And she's not as sloppy and loose as Lita. I had Ford pegged as a modern day Sunny, but now I think, with a little more seasoning, she could be the next Trish. Shida looked as good as ever. I've never had a problem with her in the ring. It just felt like going from Riho to Shida was a lateral move, at the time. Now, I can see Shida is a way bigger improvement. Her strikes look good, her knees to the face look like they could bust your face in, and her Falcon Arrow is a great, cool looking finish. Dig it.

- Cody vs. Jake Hager was fun. Cody's found the formula for a good TV match with this TNT Championship. The 20-minute time limit means Cody can get all of his stuff in, do a good bump and feed, and then pop a comeback without having to drag things out for too long. I'm a little incredulous that Hager could choke Cody into unconsciousness in the 3-seconds it took Cody to pin Hager, but that's wrestling. They wanted to make Jake look like a beast and that was relatively successfully done. We'll probably get a rematch at Fight For The Fallen in some kind of gimmick match. And that should be good stuff.

- Darby Allin is still not my cup of tea. Dude seems like a total Hot Topic douche. Also, if you've heard Cornette's podcast lately, you'd have heard the story about Darby doing that TLC show "Sex Sent Me To The E.R." and now I just can't help but picture a naked Darby Allin skating away from a bunch of angry bees every time he's on screen.

- Every week, Taz seems to be getting better and better at giving live promos again. I mean, the dude has a radio show, so he's not completely unaccustomed to talking to a live audience, but a 30-second promo is different than hosting a radio show. I'm pretty hyped for Mox/Cage. I still don't think Mox is losing the title, though.

- Private Party vs. Proud and Powerful was typical stuff from both teams. I'm pretty sure Proud and Powerful are incapable of having a really bad TV match. And Private Party were tight enough and didn't blow anything. I miss the old ECW Atlas security guy pulling the velvet rope open for Private Party for their entrance. Hopefully he comes back once the 'Rona clears up.

- The Best Friends vs. The Omega Cowboys was great shit. Really. No, really. I hate the Best Friends' gimmick. "A League of Their Own" taught me there's no crying in baseball. Well, there's no hugging in wrestling. But I'll be damned if Hatchet Head and Trent? didn't have a fantastic match with Omega and Page. It was clearly an underdog story, but Trent? and Chucky managed to look like equals with the champions. Honestly, Trent should be a major singles star and feuding with Cody over the TNT Championship. But if he needs to team with a The Kentucky Frankenstein to get main event matches and have a chance to shine -- then so be it. I can't hate it too much.

So yeah, good match, good work, and the right team won. The Best Friends got a solid few week push and got to mix it up with the big boys and now it looks like they're teasing FTR vs. Omega and Page. That's probably your Fight For The Fallen main event right there.

All in all, pretty good show this week. I dig it.

As a side note - I really enjoy how AEW brands the occasional episode of Dynamite as a special event. If they're not going to run 18 pay-per-views a year like WWE used to, this is a great way to put together some bigger-than-average cards for a show and not have to charge $50 for them. Its a little bit like the old WCW "Clash of The Champions" specials and it makes shows feel more fun when they feel more "important" than average.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apropos of nothing -- I really want to see a Cody/Brodie Lee match for the TNT Championship.

There's no way that isn't a feud somebody there hasn't at least thought about.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of AEW, it's probably up on the list but I'd probably give more credit to matches like Moxley/Lee, maybe even MJF/Jungle Boy from DON.

Outside of Britt, Penelope has probably been the best built or most effectively-pushed female in AEW. I'd probably go as far as saying Penelope is the better-booked platinum blonde (compared to Liv Morgan on Raw). The match was pretty good as Hikaru had an impressive title defense and Penelope was booked strongly despite taking the loss.

Hager pretty much looks good in regards to being a wrestler today except for the actual wrestling. Cody was able to get a lot going with storytelling within the match but Hager really didn't do anything for me. AEW has built itself a stable of hosses and he's gotta be near the bottom fo the pecking order for those guys, if he isn't automatically at the bottom.

Allin has cooled off considerably over the last several weeks. Not much there to get really invested in with him.

Moxley/Cage moving back makes sense. They had to cover their bases based on what is going down in Moxley's house. Hopefully they're just being extra cautious and Moxley is able to dodge the virus. Good stuff by Taz.

Sue saying "have fun" as she dropped off Best Friends was pretty hilarious. The match was good but it fell victim to what was implied. Even through the attempts, it was hard to buy into the fact that Best Friends were going to be able to get the win. That probably shouldn't matter to an extent and I should just enjoy a match at face value, but I can't necessarily do that because they propped this match as a big deal, it was given the main event treatment, etc. The framing of The Bucks and Omega on one side with FTR and Page on the other was kind of interesting. Is it just continuing to rehash the tease of Omega and Page dissolving? It did seem weird to have FTR and The Bucks interacting at the end when Private Party are entering the picture as a relatively cold No. 1 contender. I know they got a win tonight but now they've got to trot out another promo package to heat up a contender that isn't likely beating Omega and Page.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was probably the best women's match they've had in AEW. Probably because they both looked like they knew what they were doing. Interesting that they had Penelope kick out of the Falcon Arrow. I guess they wanted her to look somewhat strong in defeat.

Honestly, I'd be fine if Hager never wrestled again. He's much better as an enforcer.

I love Allin in the ring, but his packages are confusing to say the least. "I'm not cleared to wrestle, so here's some random skateboard stunts" There's something off about him. Btw, does anyone know what his injury is that won't get him cleared? Physically, he seems fine, so maybe a concussion?

"We don't run a sloppy shop!" That was a great dig by Taz

Overall a really good show. My favorite matches were Jurassic Express v MJF/Wardlow, Women's Title, and Private Party v Santana/Ortiz. I have to say I liked Private Party's original entrance theme better. I wonder why they changed it?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I also noticed, it felt like the "audience" lost its steam when it came to main event time. Maybe I just tuned them out but it felt like they didn't have any juice.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does Swagger still do the ankle lock? Would be cool to see him go to Impact and feud with Shamrock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed Night 1, pretty much how @Spudz Mackenzie summed it up is what I thought.

Ford looked really strong here and delivered, knew she wasn’t going to win but for a minute you thought she might’ve. Still not into Allin yet to be honest. Taz with a very good promo hyping up his dude and the match like Taz only can. I’ll be honest I know nothing of Cage and never seen anything of him before he came here so to me up to now he’s just another jacked up big guy.

Was Jake Hager ever this bad in WWE? I just can’t get into him in AEW. Cody again delivering in his story telling of his matches.

Shame about Sammy/Hardy for now not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Something I also noticed, it felt like the "audience" lost its steam when it came to main event time. Maybe I just tuned them out but it felt like they didn't have any juice.
    Yes, come main event they couldn’t be bothered it seemed.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Swagger had "We the People" in WWE and that's all anyone cared about. They took that away from him in AEW, I believe Chris Jericho shit on it in a promo, and now everyone see's how bland he really is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that’s all I know him from in his WWE run, even forgot he was wwe champ at one time.

How good was Jericho again on Commentary...loved him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 39: 748,000 viewers (NXT higher)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice increase for AEW. Narrowed the gap.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished watching about ten minutes ago, and I completely agree. That match was the tits.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Fyter Fest Night 1 ratings:

Jungleboy and Luchasaurus versus MJF and Wardlow: 4.25
    Hikaru versus Penelope: 4.0
    Cody versus Hager: 4.0
    Private Party versus Santana and Ortiz: 3.5
    Omega and Page versus Best Friends: 3.75

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I thought the main event had a slightly flat finish, but a small criticism. I loved night one.

“They were driven to the ring by Trent’s mom!”

It's the way that line was added by Roberts too, like it was a completely normal way to do an introduction. So subtle, so funny.

I love Hikaru Shida just a little bit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What matches we got for night 2 then?

The 4 man tag match
    Jericho vs Cassidy
    Archer vs Joey

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I love Hikaru Shida just a little bit.
    Watch her try to do yoga in a tight shirt and gym shorts while her cat plays with her hair, and you'll love her even more.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    What matches we got for night 2 then?

The 4 man tag match
    Jericho vs Cassidy
    Archer vs Joey
    I read online that Kenny and Hangman are defending their Tag Titles again, this time against Private Party.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, baby, baby, baby I fell from the sky... Its time, for another hot and heavy, loaded and reloaded episode of AEW's Wednesday Night dee-lite. We're fresh off of one Hell of a Fyter Fest Night 1. There's bikini babes and bust-em-ups a plenty, as the rebellious rapscallions of the TNT Network's best-performing non-NASCAR related show bring you -- straight from the brains of Tony Khan and The Elite crew -- Fyter Fest Night 2 --

-- And we're in for one Hell of a fight on AEW Wednesday Night...

-- And Fyter Fest Night 2 will bring the pain and bring the action, hotter and heavier than you've ever seen it as...

-- Chris "Judas In My Mind" Jericho takes on "My Little Dog Pockets" Orange Cassidy - In a grudge match, weeks in the making. A couple weeks ago, Jericho "juiced" Cassidy with a bag or Blood Oranges. Now the Laconic Warrior wants his revenge. Can the sloth-like Cassidy overcome The Judas of AEW?

-- Joey "The Dan Hibiki Of AEW" Janela takes on "The Murderhawk Monster" Lance Archer w/ "Noted Piss Drinker" Jake "The Snake" Roberts -- In a special grudge match.

-- The Manager of "The Machine" Brian Cage, Taz has an important announcement to make.

-- Nyla Rose is in action.

-- So-Cal Uncensored - Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky continue their rivalry with the dastardly Dark Order and Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana in six-man-tag-team action.

-- In thrilling Eight-Man Tag-Team action - FTR -- Cash Wheeler and Dax Hardwood team with their sure-to-be future rivals The Young Bucks - Nick "Road Warrior Buck" Jackson and "Old Balding Buck" Matt Jackson to take on the fearsome foursome of The Lucha Brothers Pentagon "Ciero Miedo" Jr and Rey "Everybody Loves Reymond" Fenix and their partners The Butcher And The Blade

-- After a successful Title defense last week against The Best Friends -- Kenny "Twinkle Toes McFinger Bang-Bang" Omega and Adam "Can You Get A DUI On A Horse?" Page defend The AEW Tag-Team Titles against Private Party - Marq Quen and Isiah Kasady -- In what's sure to be an extraordinary tag-team encounter.

- And that's your lot for Fyter Fest Night 2. We know the "other guys" are rehashing a WCW staple on NXT. But The Great American Bash is great for cookouts and beers on the patio, baby. Stick to AEW for another hot night of cool wrestling action, and stay where the party is.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; July 8th, 2020 at 6:52 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page really playing a dickhead heel tonight.

If they're teasing a heel turn, they're making it pretty obvious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Kenny Olivier is such a video game dork, he and Page should name their V-Trigger/Buckshot Lariat combination "The Super Combo Finish".

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joey Janela is the 1% of germs soaps and sanitizers don't kill.

Joey Janela is the hood scrapings from your local diner, after a surprise health department visit shuts them down, made sentient.

Joey Janela is what happens when Frosty The Snowman is made out of energy drinks and post-masturbation shame, instead of snow.

Joey Janela pays for foot pics of Tessa Blanchard on her Patreon.

Joey Janela wrings out his hair and uses the grease in his car engine.

Joey Janela borrowed $14 from me for smokes and never paid me back.

Joey Janela being from Asbury Park, New Jersey is causing Bam-Bam-Bigelow to roll over in his grave so hard, it causes seismic activity.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; July 8th, 2020 at 8:22 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTW Title?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn... called it... just under the wire.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So will the FTW championship be the equivalent to a United States type title? TNT belt has to be the second best i think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn... they finally bothered to mention The Butcher being world famous in Every Time I Die.

It only took them.. what? Eight months?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    So will the FTW championship be the equivalent to a United States type title? TNT belt has to be the second best i think.
    I think its going to be more of a symbolic title. Like the Million Dollar Championship.

After Moxley/Cage finish their business, we'll probably get an angle where Darby Allin comes back and steals it and we'll get a Cage/Allin feud over it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit!

Holy shit!

No, seriously, holy shit!

Canadian Destroyer off the top, into a mass of humanity.

That was wild stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Swole can't come in?

And nothing of value was lost.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its going to be more of a symbolic title. Like the Million Dollar Championship.

After Moxley/Cage finish their business, we'll probably get an angle where Darby Allin comes back and steals it and we'll get a Cage/Allin feud over it.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I don't think the belt will last too long in my opinion though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 way tag was a fantastic match. That Canadian destroyer over the top rope was insane!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nyla Rose is getting a new manager.

Now guys... don't say "no" right away, but...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird question... but... what happened to the random bikini ladies they had as set dressing last week?

They couldn't afford them for two weeks in a row?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Rip yokozuna

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight's show has been great so far. These tag matches have been off the hook. Colt Cabana's hematoma looks brutal

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Tonight's show has been great so far. These tag matches have been off the hook. Colt Cabana's hematoma looks brutal
    Is that real? Or was that just makeup?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that real? Or was that just makeup?
    Hard to tell, but that swelling looked pretty legit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Now that's a fucking match.

I never thought I'd say this, but Orange Cassidy did everything in that match so, so right. The fucker went from being a goof I couldn't stand to a legit star in one match. And the right guy went over.

That's how you do an "underneath guy vs. major star"- style match. That was "Ric Flair vs. George South" levels of major star making a jobber knucklehead look good.

Wow.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All joking aside, holy shit, Fyter Fest Night 2 really delivered.

-- The Omega Cowboys defending their titles against Private Party was a solid enough opener. I dig Private Party's new music. Those two guys have leagues of potential, under the right leadership and booking guidance. And yeah, they went into the show tonight Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine cold, but they're also wrestling in front of an audience of people that AEW is probably paying pretty good money to be there. So, they're not going to be performing to an audience of crickets. They had their kind of match -- lots of flippy-dippy do shit and Kenny Omega did all of his pointing and prancing and bouncing and flouncing, but Hangman Page proved he's the glue to hold matches together for his team. He facilitated the heat and fed for the comeback and setup for the finish. He filled in all the important blanks between Omega and Private Party trying to out-acrobat each other. But it works. The one thing though -- Page seemed to be working as a little more than a subtle heel. Not sure if that was just to spice-up the babyface vs. babyface match, or if its leading to something. Anyway, it was good stuff.

-- Joey Janela vs. Lance Archer was slightly more than a squash and exactly what it needed to be. Janela has a propensity for taking stupid bumps and killing himself for our relative "entertainment" and Archer has the propensity for murdering underneath guys in a convincing fashion. The right guy won, and Janela's bump through the table was pretty cool. No problem here.

-- Taz's promo was short and to the point. The FTW Title is an interesting choice, but it makes it pretty obvious that Cage isn't taking the Big Boy title from Moxley. Its interesting they're willing to reference ECW history, but they never mention it by name.

-- Big Swole getting kicked out of the building and then coming in was... who cares?

-- The Eight-Man Tag-Team Flustercunt match was really fun if you don't think too much about it. It was like a twenty minute car crash called a "wrestling match", with the obvious highlight being that half-Canadian Destroyer, half-dive to the floor that absolutely didn't look like fun to give or receive, or have to be on the catching end of. Honestly, it felt like 4 separate teams all trying to have their own matches. FTR seem to constantly want to work logically and try to have a "real" match. Butcher and The Blade just want to use power moves and do spots. The Young Bucks are...well.. The Bucks. You can picture a Bucks match in your head as you're sleeping and it won't be any different when you're awake. The Lucha Brothers are all wild ass kicks and making shit up as they go along.

And no, it didn't all coalesce. I did like the "story" of FTR and the Bucks working surprisingly well together for two teams who have actual heat. And yeah, the miscommunication spot that led to the heels winning was predictable, but it was all fine. An 8-man tag-team match is never going to be the kind of match where you really expect outstanding psychology and a lot of stuff to make sense. Its 8 guys trying to cram all their shit in where and when they can. And for that, it was good fun.

Although, I do have to call out The Butcher. The dude has a great look and he comes from a cool background. The millionaire rockstar turned wrestler deal is neat, but holy shit is he green. If he fell asleep in your yard, you'd mow him without even knowing it. There were a couple of ugly moments in this match and Butcher was at the root of all of them. He's got potential, but he needs a lot of work.

-- Nyla Rose killing two jobbers was great. I'm interested to see who her manager is. Even though I wish it was somebody like a Don Callis or a Bill Alfonso, I know that's just my 90's nostalgia puckering. It'll probably be Brandi Rhodes. Frankly, I think James Mitchell/The Sinister Minister would be a fantastic choice. Or Kevin Sullivan, especially if Sully references his feud with Dusty Rhodes back in the day.

-- The Dark Order vs. SCU was a solid enough six-man tag. The story of Colt Cabana working through a hematoma was an interesting one. I've never seen that before. Really, it was a bit of a nothing match, but the work was good. And the right team won. Everybody looked good enough for what this was.

-- Jericho/Cassidy was great shit. I said it already, but this was the textbook example of how to do an underneath guy against a major star. Jericho built a ton of heat and every major move Cassidy got was a hope spot. Jericho never looked like he was being dominated by the jobber, but he kept getting surprised by him. And then, *BOOM*, Judas Effect and that's it. Perfect.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good opener. Not a lot of steam behind but it was quite enjoyable. Private Party needs a little more seasoning and then they'll be a legit force. Smart for everyone involved to let Matt Hardy hang around them and teach them up.

A guy being given a belt one week prior to a big title match seems to indicate that guy isn't winning the actual belt of consequence. Fair enough. It'll be a good prop for when Allin comes back around.

The 8-man tag was bonkers. It was geared more towards spots but it had some good storytelling sprinkled in there. I'd be curious to see it lined up against something like Undisputed Era and Imperium from World's Collide to see which one was the more well-rounded 8-man match.

Britt has a hell of a point with her case against Swole. Brittany 'Basura' Baker is a fitting name, though.

I don't care one bit about Nyla Rose or the tease of a manager, but my guess is its Vickie Guerrero.

It's a mixed bag with the Dark Order stuff. It's really not doing anything of major substance but they're adding some layers to the story. I still don't really get what is supposed to be accomplished with Lee acting the way he is. It's still giving off some vibes of mocking Vince.

The main event was very entertaining. I didn't see it as an opportunity for Cassidy to get the win so I'm fine with the result.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 8th, 2020 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTW Championship.

Yeah Khan that really sent shockwaves through the industry!

Oh and thanks to the brilliant journalist who put the spoiler in the title for those of us who haven't seen the show yet!
    Last edited by Badger; July 9th, 2020 at 2:03 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's going to be interesting to see who had more viewers: Cole vs. Lee or Jeircho vs. Cassidy.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion that Cole vs Lee will be the winner.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make this real quick for fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 39: 748,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 40: 715,000 viewers (NXT higher)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam 3 in a row. No doubt Cole vs Lee was the main reason.

Thought AEW this week was quite a bit better than NXT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Make this real quick for fun.

That was amazing. Defo a holy shit mouth open moment

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    FTW Championship.

Yeah Khan that really sent shockwaves through the industry!

Oh and thanks to the brilliant journalist who put the spoiler in the title for those of us who haven't seen the show yet!
    Why what was Kahn saying?

Me personally I like how they brought it back. Few crazy wrestlers to contend for it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho/OC was tremendous. Cassidy’s move sets were smooth as fuck, got to be contender for match of the year so far.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Why what was Kahn saying?

Me personally I like how they brought it back. Few crazy wrestlers to contend for it.
    It was overhyped like these things usually are as an industry-changing announcement.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was overhyped like these things usually are as an industry-changing announcement.
    Shall we call him Dixie Kahn?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is on a roll. 3 ratings wins in a row for the first time since these "wars" started. WWE countering with Great American Bash for free definitely stole the win.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am curious to see next week what the ratings are after NXT give away the biggest NXT moment on free TV. Very WCW of them. Khan is right saying the demo ratings matter. If it wasn't for the 50 plus, NXT would lose all the time. The older fans helping NXT is sorta weird, because shouldn't NXT be for the younger marks, but I guess us all smart marks are getting social security soon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I am curious to see next week what the ratings are after NXT give away the biggest NXT moment on free TV. Very WCW of them. Khan is right saying the demo ratings matter. If it wasn't for the 50 plus, NXT would lose all the time. The older fans helping NXT is sorta weird, because shouldn't NXT be for the younger marks, but I guess us all smart marks are getting social security soon.
    Old people don't know how DVR works. So NXT is appointment viewing for them. Boomers get all their news from their Facebook feeds, anyway.

If there's something more important worth watching, then AEW's younger, smarter, more tech-savvy viewers are probably pretty likely to record it and then watch whatever real-world thing is more important.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's ratings for Fyter Fest Night 2:

Omega and Page versus Private Party: 4.0
    Archer versus Janela: 3.75
    Pentagon & Fenix, Butcher & Blade versus Young Bucks, FTR: 4.75
    Nyla versus Kenzie, KiLynn: 1.0
    Lee, Cabana, Grayson versus SCU: 3.0
    Jericho versus Cassidy: 4.25

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few ridiculous overratings there.

I enjoyed the 8 man tag and all but 4.75???

Jericho/Cassidy told a great story and was my MOTN.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That about lines up with my enjoyment of the show. I'd probably bring the 8-man tag down a couple pegs, but I did enjoy it as much as the main event.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why they had FTR and Bucks lose but maybe it was to make Butcher and the Blah look somewhat credible even though they didn't get the pin. Not a fan of the way FTR are being booked right now. They should have came in and immediately went after the Bucks. All this other bullshit is just boring. Imagine if Matt Hardy returned and instead of beating Edge down they started a tag-team....

FTW belt......That belt means absolutely nothing. It made sense 25 years ago when Taz brought it in because Shane wouldn't defend it (due to legit injury) so for a few months Taz had this belt. But he brings it in because his roid guy has to wait a week? IDK. All the shoots about Taz being a pussy in real life soured me completely on him acting tough. Low Ki's dad he be.

Archer-Janela was cool, I dig the Sonny Kiss involvement. The other 6-man with Mr. Brodie Lee....anyone who enjoys this angle is a buffoon.

Nyla Rose apparently doesn't give 2 shits about Covid-19. Some beasts breathe fire, others spray spit like a Peter North money shot. Then the bitch licked their hand and smeared it on the camera.....wtf....

LOVE LOVE LOVE Private Party especially dude with the Road Warrior Hawk haircut Mar Quen. Probably match of the night for me. Orange Julius v. Jericho was another good match. Definitely think Jericho saying it was one of the best matches of his 30 year career is about as absurd as really anything he's said since joining AEW but a good match for sure.

All in all a good Fyter Fest.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine FTR's booking is an attempt to do what they should have done with Bobby Roode coming to the main roster: book 'em as neutral babyfaces to gel with the return pop, then give them reason to turn. In this case it's The Bucks, and ideally, this loss will be the beginning of setting up the FTR/Bucks match. Otherwise, I agree if they drag it on past this point.

It's also possible that they didn't care about the return pop(since they don't have actual fans in the crowd), but didn't want to waste FTR/Bucks for a fake crowd.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I imagine FTR's booking is an attempt to do what they should have done with Bobby Roode coming to the main roster: book 'em as neutral babyfaces to gel with the return pop, then give them reason to turn. In this case it's The Bucks, and ideally, this loss will be the beginning of setting up the FTR/Bucks match. Otherwise, I agree if they drag it on past this point.

It's also possible that they didn't care about the return pop(since they don't have actual fans in the crowd), but didn't want to waste FTR/Bucks for a fake crowd.
    I tend to this is the last line of your statement, and just allowing an audience to get integrated with FTR within the landscape. If they're about the long game, it'd be pretty silly to shoot for the stars right away and jumping right into FTR/Bucks.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private Party match was good but how are they ranked number 5, beat an unranked team the week before and that gives them a title match? The obvious result took away from my enjoyment.

Cage gets a belt again making it obvious as if it wasn’t already that he’s not beating Moxley.

They waste TV time having Nyla beat two jobbers and have her tease a manager announcement instead of using the platform to debut her? It prob won’t be that good anyway but that’s besides the point here.

I know WWE gets shit for their booking but some of this bloody hell!

Overall I enjoyed the show but some really strange booking in parts.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private Party match was good but how are they ranked number 5, beat an unranked team the week before and that gives them a title match? The obvious result took away from my enjoyment.

Cage gets a belt again making it obvious as if it wasn’t already that he’s not beating Moxley.

They waste TV time having Nyla beat two jobbers and have her tease a manager announcement instead of using the platform to debut her? It prob won’t be that good anyway but that’s besides the point here.

I know WWE gets shit for their booking but some of this bloody hell!

Overall I enjoyed the show but some really strange booking in parts.
    This honestly feels pretty miniscule, though. The Private Party contender shot was obviously shoehorned in to make up for the lack of Mox/Cage, so they didn't have many other choices. Bucks were in a storyline, SCU have already had a couple shots, The Dark Order shouldn't be wasted this moment, and Santana/Ortiz were actually #4. Also, who cares if a match is a little predictable? It's impossible to have matches always be unpredictable. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the match-up for what it is instead of getting caught up in how predictable it is. It was a strong match that for me, made me not really think/care about who was going to win.

I generally agree with the FTW Title/Cage situation, though. I think it would have been better to have the match, maybe make it look like Moxley just barely survived, and then Taz gives Cage the FTW title as a consolation prize that just fuels his rage as he goes on a path of destruction. Again, though, a situation that was clearly born out of last-minute changes and could be much worse.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This honestly feels pretty miniscule, though. The Private Party contender shot was obviously shoehorned in to make up for the lack of Mox/Cage, so they didn't have many other choices. Bucks were in a storyline, SCU have already had a couple shots, The Dark Order shouldn't be wasted this moment, and Santana/Ortiz were actually #4. Also, who cares if a match is a little predictable? It's impossible to have matches always be unpredictable. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the match-up for what it is instead of getting caught up in how predictable it is. It was a strong match that for me, made me not really think/care about who was going to win.

I generally agree with the FTW Title/Cage situation, though. I think it would have been better to have the match, maybe make it look like Moxley just barely survived, and then Taz gives Cage the FTW title as a consolation prize that just fuels his rage as he goes on a path of destruction. Again, though, a situation that was clearly born out of last-minute changes and could be much worse.
    I’m sure I heard on commentary last week Santana/Ortiz were unranked but correct me if I’m wrong on that.

I get there’s been some problems come up but it still seems rather a big jump for them. The story is Matt the veteran teaching them yeah and this seems a bit early. The match was good though no denying that. It just feels like a waiting game til FTR and/or Young Bucks challenge Omega/Page and I’m less invested as a result but that’s just me.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure I heard on commentary last week Santana/Ortiz were unranked but correct me if I’m wrong on that.

I get there’s been some problems come up but it still seems rather a big jump for them. The story is Matt the veteran teaching them yeah and this seems a bit early. The match was good though no denying that. It just feels like a waiting game til FTR and/or Young Bucks challenge Omega/Page and I’m less invested as a result but that’s just me.
    Fair enough. I think a lot of it definitely has to do with COVID pushing people off TV 1-2 months as well as playing a bit of chicken with what they want to give away before crowds can return. You could be right about Private Party, and the ranking I looked at could be new(doesn't seem like it's been updated from Fyter Fest N2, at least). But overall, I do think the quality of the match makes up for any shortcomings or odd booking choices. It would be another thing entirely had Private Party actually won.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. I think a lot of it definitely has to do with COVID pushing people off TV 1-2 months as well as playing a bit of chicken with what they want to give away before crowds can return. You could be right about Private Party, and the ranking I looked at could be new(doesn't seem like it's been updated from Fyter Fest N2, at least). But overall, I do think the quality of the match makes up for any shortcomings or odd booking choices. It would be another thing entirely had Private Party actually won.
    Pairing with Badger's point about predictability, Private Party earned the title shot on night one but the closing segment of night one featured a pull apart between The Bucks, FTR, and Page/Omega. The title match on night two was clearly entertaining but the missed an opportunity and essentially told the audience PP was just there to be there by what they did to close night one. Easily could have done something where PP came out instead of The Bucks to show they shouldn't be overlooked because they're the ones actually come for the shot the next week. Still likely would've led to a predictable result but it could have done some added favors to PP.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Meltzer's ratings for Fyter Fest Night 2:

Omega and Page versus Private Party: 4.0
    Archer versus Janela: 3.75
    Pentagon & Fenix, Butcher & Blade versus Young Bucks, FTR: 4.75
    Nyla versus Kenzie, KiLynn: 1.0
    Lee, Cabana, Grayson versus SCU: 3.0
    Jericho versus Cassidy: 4.25
    Jesus, they're high. I enjoyed the show, but damn.

Cassidy/Jericho was wonderful and deffo my match of the night. In fact, the main events of night 2 for NXT and AEW were the most enjoyable to me. Nice.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm intrigued to see how the Mox/Cage match will turn out. I can see someone coming in and causing a disqualification of some sort. Kinda dumb to make Cage lose so early.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww yeah, in the immortal words of Kenan Thompson -- Oh, here it goes! Its time once again for yet another Wednesday night wind up. We're here tonight to get our noses back the grindstones, we're sweeping Daily's Place and picking bits and pieces of sand out of everywhere -- because sand is rough and coarse, and it gets everywhere -- As we're setting course for yet another "Fight" -- this time spelled properly -- As AEW presents their third TV special in as many weeks, its time for AEW's FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN on AEW....

"I believe... I believe...I believe... in The Fallen..."

- And Fight For The Fallen's frightfully fruitful fightcard is full of fully fearsome fortuitously featured fights as we've got a loaded card, more full to bursting than Fyter Fest's bikini babes as...

-- "The Machine" Johnny... err... Brian Cage challenges Jon "May Have Had A Pox" Moxley for Mox's AEW Championship

-- In tag-team warfare -- The freshly arrived FTR - Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood take on the Mexican Lucha Warriors -- The Lucha Brothers -- Pentagon "Ciero Miedo" Jr. and "Everybody Loves" Rey(mond) Fenix -- Can the best American mechanics this side of Pep Boys drag The Mexican jumping beans kicking and screaming to their first good American-style tag-team match?

-- Cody Rhodes defends his TNT Championship against an opponent seemingly picked out of a hat -- "The Concrete Rose" Sonny Kiss - If Sonny dethrones the Grandson of a plumber, Sonny would be the first non-binary wrestler to hold a major championship in North America.

-- The Judas of AEW - Chris Jericho has a special announcement to make.

-- The Elite -- Kenny "Twinkle Toes McFingerBang" Omega and The Young Bucks take on The Jurassic Express -- Billy And The Cloneosauraus and Marko "Stunted Growth" Stunt in Six-Man-Tag-Team-Warfare.

-- The Nightmare Sisters -- Brandi "Inserts Herself Into Everything Like A Sentient Sex Toy With Boundary Issues" Rhodes and "The Artist Formerly Known As "The Bunny"" Allie in Women's division tag-team action. Will Allie and Brandi continue their winning ways, spring boarding off the momentum they've built on AEW Dark, or will their team implode? Brandi doesn't like Allie, Allie really likes QT, and we're all caught in the middle of it.

-- So, that's your lot for tonight. Should be a solid show. It seems weird to do another major TV special like this, so shortly after Fyter Fest. But it feels like AEW is reticent to do pay-per-views without an audience. So enjoy the show. And remember, its for a good cause. All the money made on tonight's program will go toward Coronavirus charities. Tally ho!
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; July 15th, 2020 at 7:57 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serpentico there in the front row wearing a mask over a mask.

Like putting a hat on a hat.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might dial up Cody vs. Sonny later on. Also, I don't think Sonny identifies as non-binary. Also, stop being a homophobic doofus.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ufc going on tonight as well will take away both live audiences tonight...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I might dial up Cody vs. Sonny later on. Also, I don't think Sonny identifies as non-binary. Also, stop being a homophobic doofus.
    JR said on his podcast a few weeks ago that Sonny identifies as either a man or a woman. When JR called Sonny "her" on TV, everybody was dragging him for it. But Sonny said it was okay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apropos of nothing, but happy birthday to Miss Anna Jay.

Wasn't she like, sort of kidnapped by The Dark Order a few weeks ago? Whatever happened with that?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nightmare sisters... really? Not trying to be a dick, but Brandi can't wrestle for shit, let alone draw. She's better off as a manager.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JR said on his podcast a few weeks ago that Sonny identifies as either a man or a woman. When JR called Sonny "her" on TV, everybody was dragging him for it. But Sonny said it was okay.
    I stand corrected. I've read/watched a few interviews with him and never heard him identify as such but I do recall seeing him address that "her" from JR on Twitter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I don't understand about The FTR/Botcher and Blade truck stealing angle; These guys show up, wrestle, do a TV show, and then (presumably) go home every Wednesday. Why the Hell haven't FTR called the police to get their truck back? They literally know exactly where these idiots are going to be every week.

Hell, why not just jump them with some pipes and take their shit back? Or pay a couple of goobers to steal the truck back while Botcher and Blade and the Lucha Bros are wrestling, or otherwise distracted?

When you're traveling around the country, going to a different arena every day, I could believe that a team could steal somebody's car and keep it from them. But they're coming to the same arena every week.

... and cue JR to say exactly what I'm thinking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever that was... it almost wasn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butcher and The Blade still dressed like a couple hipster sailors on shore leave.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was maybe the best traditional tag-team match I've ever seen the Lucha Brothers manage to have.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that was fun stuff.

If you're going to beat anybody from Jurassic Express, it should be Marko Cunt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second week in a row that a bunch of guys contrived a new and more dangerous way to do a Canadian Destroyer.

Its all good in there until somebody gets their neck broke.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Jericho dropping a Smokey Mountain Wrestling reference.

Neat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nyla Rose announces her new manager next.

Please...?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nyla Rose announces her new manager next.

Please...?
    He was actually one of the nicest guys when I met him in ecw in 2000

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    He was actually one of the nicest guys when I met him in ecw in 2000
    Yeah, I heard he's a super cool dude. He's apparently one of the most womanizing guys in wrestling in real life, though.