Results 2,701 to 2,800 of 15613

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    there have been things on dynamite i've thought were misguided but i've never been negative on the promotion yet. even at its "worst" i don't think they've produced a show any less than good.
    The devotion to putting on good wrestling every week has kept the show fairly consistent but I think they've really found their groove storyline and booking wise lately. Cody, Page, MJF, Jericho, Mox, Darby, Jurassic Express... even Dustin and Hager. They've all been booked so well. Before AEW, I only really had much investment in Dustin because he's amazing and Jericho because he's Jericho. I care about all of the others now and that's all down to watching the weekly TV.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Completely cutting the audio because the crowd is chanting "holy shit" is fucking weak.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is pretty bonkers.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The Butcher looks amazing. A proper old school hard bastard wrestler look which is great and particularly refreshing in AEW that mostly consists of a load of pretty boys and smaller guys. He's also in the band Every Time I Die who my sister's boyfriend went all the way to Amsterdam to see play the other week so that was a good topic of conversation to bring up with him. And while personally she doesn't do much for me, the Bunny is an attractive girl who seems to get a response from the crowds and from what I've heard did a lot of good work in Impact. The Blade though... barely registered. His entrance mask is great and I think he should wear it for matches. It looks great but when he takes it off and wrestles he loses the one thing that makes him stand out.
    Oh shit, I didn't know The Butcher was on Every Time I Die. Damn, it's been years since I've listened to that band.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i also like the old school fat guy wrestler look of the butcher but he seems pretty not good in the ring.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, I definitely enjoyed that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    really good match. i think i'd prefer if they kept it within the 30 minutes, but it was all very well done.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was an excellent match... so is the feud over now?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Swole in ring skills are pretty bad. I feel like this would have been a better match if it was just Shanna and Shida against each other.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Where's spudz?

I'm watching this Countdown to Revolution.
    I don't agree with Jericho saying his match with Moxley is the biggest of the year, but the build for Rhodes/Hager is hella convincing.
    I also want to see Kris Statlander take the title right away. Just because I know how hard she's worked for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Where's spudz?
    I've been sick as a dog's ass all week with a bad sinus infection and a cough that feels like I'm being punched in the chest every time I let one out.

Wound up watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" reruns and napping during Dynamite, tonight.

Hope it was a good show.

I can't imagine you guys missed me that much.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Iron Man match certainly delivered more than a typical Iron Man match. The curse of those matches is that you usually don't have to care about the majority of the match because they book for the final stretch. This match wasn't booked that way in full, thankfully. It had fluff but it had some pretty great signature spots too, just lacking pinfalls. The Bucks being ringside resembled how they were in NJPW, assisting Omega, even if it was kind of ambiguous. What was interesting was the finish. I was put off from the fact that they have draws but they decided to just keep a match going when it was clear they reached the time limit.

The JR sit-down interview segments have been gold in terms of exposition and this one was no different. I was looking to see if they were going to plant more seeds for a blowup and they absolutely did. The beauty of it is that you can see anything happen and it's going to be justified.

Jurassic Express is an easy act to get over in tag matches. Got smaller guys that work to the hot tag with Luchasaurus. The means for bringing him in seemed overdone but Allin's run-in just shines a light on the fact they've really done a nice job with him since they started pushing him. He's gotten over organically and he's going to be a big factor for them.

I guess they felt like they had nothing left in the chamber in regards to building MJF and Cody. Kind of disappointing but the match has plenty of heat behind it.

Butcher and Blade are pretty much glorified jobbers at this point. They had some connective tissue to MJF for a bit but they're just kind of there now. OC/PAC should be quite interesting.

Seems like a red flag that they spent more time hyping or investing in the promotion of PAC/OC compared to the women's championship match, both at Revolution. The Joshi performers are the best part of AEW's women's division and there's still a relatively wide gap between them and the rest of the actual division. Swole has promise but she still looks very, very green. Seems somewhat disjointed that she was prominently featured the week before with the champion and she ate the pin this week.

The weigh-in segment was a spin on the chaotic trope that comes with wrestling contract signings. Or you can just say it was what you see in actual sports with weigh-ins and the chaos went to 11. I will say, it looks like Jericho has slimmed down a bit over the last few weeks. Jericho saying "Aaron Mahome is a piece of shit" in Kansas City works on so many levels, lol. AEW has to have some kind of deal with Dippin' Dots now. That's the second time they've gone out of their way to do a spot with a Dippin' Dots stand lol. Good closing segment and did a good job setting the table for Saturday for a good chunk of the card.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this show was very fun. pumped for the ppv

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me is curious with the idea of moving JR off commentary and making him strictly sit-down interview guy to help enhance stories for Dynamite. Those segments are gold and its mainly due to him staging the segment. If you want to keep him on commentary, basically keep JR involved strictly for commentary on PPV matches. Creates more of a hook for buying a PPV because you get JR commentary.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stoked... I got 4th row seats for Dynamite here in Houston on April 29th

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are pretty strong, consistent numbers considering week 6 is bringing in the same viewers as week 16, week 21, and so-on. It's promising, for sure. As they continue to add talent, and build talent, they should continue their 850,000-900,000 range, which is pretty impressive for a brand new wrestling show in 2020 when the "standard" is continuing to lose viewers.

Out of curiosity, what was TNA's ratings like when they first started, and how long did it take for them to start declining?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Another really good show this week. AEW has been on a roll since the new year. There have been reports that Tony Khan has taken on a bigger role than before in terms of booking and it really feels like they listened to some of the negative feedback that was growing towards the end of the year and changed things up. By all accounts Tony Khan was big into tape trading in the 90s and was very into his Mid South, WCCW, NWA etc. Between him and Cody those influences are evident in the weekly product and it's really working - combined with the very modern, flashy wrestling matches they put on each week. This is one of the best built PPVs I can remember from any company in a long time and I hope it delivers and the company continues to push on. Lance Archer is another good signing, a guy probably having the best run of his career even if he's well past 40.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Those are pretty strong, consistent numbers considering week 6 is bringing in the same viewers as week 16, week 21, and so-on. It's promising, for sure. As they continue to add talent, and build talent, they should continue their 850,000-900,000 range, which is pretty impressive for a brand new wrestling show in 2020 when the "standard" is continuing to lose viewers.

Out of curiosity, what was TNA's ratings like when they first started, and how long did it take for them to start declining?
    For a fair comparison since TNA started out on ppv then Fox Sports 1 which was basically seen by nobody but me lol. Spike TV they were averaging about double what AEW is now. And it's so funny and even Bischoff talked about this.....Back in those days, people were constantly talking about how TNA getting similar numbers as AEW was the end of TNA, how can a company last with those numbers blah blah blah.

Here today, we're fucking happy if a company gets 500,000 viewers. And I think that TNT promotes AEW much better. But I also think what AEW will benefit from, like with TNA, is that it's coming at a time on the national stage where the WWE isn't exactly winning people over. Only now it's 100x worse lol, so AEW is in the right spot as well as other promotions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also need to remember that basic cable movies aren’t as big of an attention holder as UFC. TNA was never the lead in for The Ultimate Fighter, TNA was the appetizer for the show everybody really wanted to see.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    You also need to remember that basic cable movies aren’t as big of an attention holder as UFC. TNA was never the lead in for The Ultimate Fighter, TNA was the appetizer for the show everybody really wanted to see.
    TNA and Ultimate Fighter did roughly the same ratings though. I think it went hand in hand but Spike were more about promoting real sports than pro wrestling. They had been doing that routine since ECW when Spike was TNN. They didn't give a shit about ECW, they gave a shit about Roller Jam, which ended up being even more scripted than wrestling. Then you had Raw, which they used to help bring eyes to the Ultimate Fighter.

Now they basically fucked off wrestling to promote more MMA. I just don't think they ever appreciated pro wrestling despite it being one of the only shows people tuned in to see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Thought it was only Cody. Just figured if they want to be an alternate to WWE maybe not having WWE guys in the main event might help
    Or maybes just book their talent as in whose most overz can have the best matches, get the fans involved regardless of where they have been before. They are all. AEW guys now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched it last night. Loved this show, was brilliant start to finish. Think it was my 4th one watching it, defo a new fan here now.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The curse of trying to pre-record on a series link. Missing half the show on my recording cos of a bloody snooker match that ran late. At least PAC/Omega was spared.

Min the Revolution though!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My series linked still recorded mine fine. I watched it when it was on anyway.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    My series linked still recorded mine fine. I watched it when it was on anyway.
    Watching it currently and I’ve only got an hour or so left on it. Should’ve set this to extend.

ITV coverage is still shite though the best I can do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught AEW Dark from two weeks ago last night. If you're not watching this show weekly, you should be. Its like a wild combination of underneath guys being booked like their names are being picked out of a hat and some actual, hot programs being perpetuated off TV.

Just wanted to say, I'm so glad that that Nightmare Collective thing looks like its completely over. I know Brandi hasn't been a heel on TV for a while, but its 100% stone cold dead. They've actually started positioning the bald lady and Uncle Fester as wannabe allies of Jimmy Havoc. And as much as I don't like Jimmy Havoc, the freak show trio those three idiots have is fine for an underneath act. Can Dr. Luthor still work?

Oh, and that same Dark episode had what might have been the best Joey Janella match I've ever seen. It was a Falls Count Anywhere garbage fight/brawl through the crowd against Kip Sabian. Who had Penelope Ford out with him interfering liberally. Sad to say, but the only really rough part was the finish. Janella spears Sabian who has Ford on his back off the apron and all three of them go through a table. Except the table doesn't break and they just go ass over tea kettle and splat on the ground like eggs. Pretty sure they improvised a new finish on the fly, too; Janella just grabbed a kendo stick and thwacked Sabian in the head with it and pinned him. I'm surprised Ford wasn't totally fucked up. Given that she was crushed under the weight of two full-sized men, both of whom were crashing through an invincible table. It was pretty ugly shit, but a fun match otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys!!

Wanting to give this a try!! I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't find Season 1 episodes anywhere. Anyone know where to go or am SooL and resign myself to starting with S2? Thanks SO MUCH in advance?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkypower View Post
    Hi guys!!

Wanting to give this a try!! I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't find Season 1 episodes anywhere. Anyone know where to go or am SooL and resign myself to starting with S2? Thanks SO MUCH in advance?
    There aren't really seasons. Your best bet is probably to just watch the Revolution PPV and pick it up where it's at now. Mayyyyybe go back and watch shows from the beginning of the year, but that's a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to respond, Psycho!!
    I can't believe I actually found it!! After looking for hours, it turned out to be in the first place I looked. When you go to AEW's site (not TNT), it tells you how to watch, where it directs you to TNT. However, it says to go to the Bleacher Report for the PPVs. After hours of looking everywhere, finally went there and they have everything. So far, been able to access the first episode just by creating an account (I was nervous when it only gave me a 5-minute preview). They have a $10/month premium account. Not sure what's offered with that, but AEW PPVs are one of the two things it directly says it doesn't (PPVs are $50 a pop). Thank again, Psycho!! SO EXCITED for this!!

TL;DR for anyone like me who's late to the game and/or just wants to go back and re-watch: Check out the Bleacher Report and create a free account.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can watch old episodes of Dynamite if you have TNT on cable and get the TNT app for a streaming device.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Beer-Belly!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!!

I have TNT through DirecTV, but I was only able to access (through the TNT website and On Demand) what AEW calls "Season 2" (Jan 1 on). Heads up if anyone's still catching up. The Jamn 1 episode expires today!
    Last edited by punkypower; March 3rd, 2020 at 3:23 AM. Reason: Grammar is mportant

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been waiting to see this pairing and they're finally doing it:
    Moxley and Allin in a tag match Wednesday, against Jericho and Guevara.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, look forward to that tag match.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to BGMaverick, Chris Scott!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ooh, that tag match sounds FUN!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Young Bucks in a new Matt Hardy video...that's quite exciting!

Or is it a swerve?

I think embracing the Broken character is the biggest mistake Vince McMahon has made in the past few years. I think it would have gotten a lot more fans interested in wrestling again. Not saying make Matt Hardy the champion or anything, but he could have had a huge impact.

If he ends up in AEW, I think it's only going to be great things.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Young Bucks in a new Matt Hardy video...that's quite exciting!

Or is it a swerve?

I think embracing the Broken character is the biggest mistake Vince McMahon has made in the past few years. I think it would have gotten a lot more fans interested in wrestling again. Not saying make Matt Hardy the champion or anything, but he could have had a huge impact.

If he ends up in AEW, I think it's only going to be great things.
    I mean we all can accept that the only reason the Hardyz were brought back is because the WWE saw the massive waves they (mostly Matt) were making elsewhere. I'll be honest....Had the whole "Broken" gimmick been something the WWE could have used right off the bat I think it would have been exactly what they would be doing coming in, at least Matt. Jeff didn't really need to be part of that and I think there are a lot of fans who like him as is whereas Matt as just Matt Hardy is kind of mediocre.

So I guess we'll see. I can promise you that if Matt is staying with the WWE then either he doesn't give a fuck or he's going to get shit for having the Bucks in a video he's doing. Slice it how you want, that's competition.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like a big debut tonight...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a big debut tonight...
    Yep Luke Harper.

There is a cynical part of me that hopes Matt doesn't show up even though I know creatively it'd be a good thing. I just do not like the idea of him being with the Dark Order. I want the weird Broken universe, and nothing about the Dark Order speaks to me on that same level. There's a romantic campiness Broken Matt Hardy pulls off that can't be duplicated. Even Brother Nero sucked.

The only negative to Matt actually going to AEW beyond what I just said is if his dipshit wife is with him. Matt Hardy could have had anyone and he just had to get Reby Sky preg.........

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if they'll reveal the Exalted One in this match.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    The meltzer quote was the main event of the quotes

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Lots of AEW wrestlers have rap themes but swoles is the only one actually in contemporary rap style

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Neck tat Cody looks like he’s about to steal the turnbuckle pads to get money for oxy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake still better on the mic then 80% of the guys in the business today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hell was Jake "The Snake" on about there?

I thought he ditched the crack?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn it, I missed the Awful Waffle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEATH TRIANGLE!!!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a weird fit to be honest lol. Hard to see Pac in a faction... i can only see him as a lone wolf type of character. Intrigued to see how it pans out.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Hangman could be the star of the company

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Awesome episode. Honestly I’d rank that main event as a match higher than the tag title match at the PPV. Darby was phenomenal

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, no major debuts outside of Jake The Snake's rambling.

But that was a fun episode. They went hard on making Darby Allin look good.

Seems like with JR mentioning he wants to see it and with AEW giving Jake Hager so much focus, Hager/Mox has to be on the cards at some point. Consider me intrigued to see that shit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Darby Allin rules.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome episode. Honestly I’d rank that main event as a match higher than the tag title match at the PPV. Darby was phenomenal
    I don't know about rating it that high. But it was a great TV main event.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hangman could be the star of the company
    He's AEW's Scott Hall right now. He's one of those guys who they can slot in anywhere; tag-team, middle, upper, or main event - and he fits the role as a babyface or a heel. He's bigger and stronger than everyone realizes, but he's still a normal enough size to be able to work with bigger dudes and smaller dudes. He's the perfect utility player.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where was ARCHER?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like they were able to establish this as a proper fallout show with new directions and developing different layers to what they wanted to continue.

Short and sweet with the women's match so I guess that's acknowledging they've got work to do there.

I am surprised they opted to decide to cut off MJF and Cody for the time being. It makes sense to leave it wanting more rather than beating a dead horse but that makes me feel more disappointed in the actual execution of the payoff at Revolution. Roberts had a heck of a promo with Cody. Seems like they're willing to test the limits of how over Cody can stay if he keeps being fed to people.

Kind of meh to the idea of them opting to promote things (No Lance Archer information and tag team main event) and not deliver them but one of them served a better purpose, I suppose. It seemed like the theme they wanted to carry out tonight is that the heels, whether they be factions or incoming individuals, are looking like they want to run roughshod over everyone in their path.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hero.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF is a gem.

Although I'm of the opinion that if somebody from WWE were to do this... like AJ Styles or Garza... the masses would cry for blood and call for them to be fired immediately.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am legit happy to see evil Jake Roberts back.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the Death Triangle name is pretty lame. I kind of liked the Spanish version of it. But I do generally like the trio. I think it's kind of weird because PAC strikes me as the type who would be leading a stable with people clearly lesser than him, but in this case, it's two people that I would consider equal. Not to mention there's definitely a difference in aesthetic. But I think the attitude and work style of the three blends well, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops in the coming weeks.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watched both shows, NXT on the TV and AEW on the phone, I must say I enjoyed both immensely. Favorite moment had to be the elbow to a flying out of the ring Darby Allin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Secondary thoughts:
    It's really glaring when the opposition rolls four out of five segments to start the show and they feature women and all this dedicated to the women was a two-minute squash.

The only thing I would've tweaked to the last segment was have Darby attempt to help Moxley instead of just standing there. It made him look kind of less than when he's clearly done it before. Attempting to help and having Guevara and Jericho jump him then would have been just as successful in getting everything accomplished.

More or less, AEW is doing what you should do with older talent. They're using them to add sizzle to existing story you're telling, or using them as a vessel to provide insight or guidance to a younger talent. DDP is probably the only example I can think of that was utilized in a way that plays off how WWE (Raw/Smackdown) book legends but that was to a much smaller scale and with much smaller stakes.

They presumably have three different debuts they're looking to make so I'm interested to see how they plan to book or change their booking to space them out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake the Snake Roberts showed last night exactly why he is one of the top 3 promo guys EVER. Honestly, he might be the best ever. That promo was fucking sick and Jake's worst promo in his career is still 100x better than the majority's best. I just sat and listened like a son listens to his father around the fire.

It was a good show but I have to end this on a negative and ask why Jon Moxley turned WWE? "This isn't Jericho's belt, or even mine, it's yours, the AEW family, and the AEW family watching around the world, and the AEW FAMILY pumping my gas and the AEW FAMILY sacking my groceries". Weak.

So thank God for Jake the Snake.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inner Circle.
    Death Triangle.
    Coming soon: Trapezoid of Doom
    "Fear is our geometry!"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I agree that the Death Triangle name is pretty lame. I kind of liked the Spanish version of it. But I do generally like the trio. I think it's kind of weird because PAC strikes me as the type who would be leading a stable with people clearly lesser than him, but in this case, it's two people that I would consider equal. Not to mention there's definitely a difference in aesthetic. But I think the attitude and work style of the three blends well, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops in the coming weeks.
    They would or should be seen as equals and if that's the case, that hopefully raises the stock of Pentagon and Fenix because they've just been there to have cool matches and get out. There hasn't been anything of major substance for each of their appearances from a storyline perspective other than to have a cool match. PAC has floated in that territory for a bit but he has done some storytelling as well. If anything, they're unknowingly presenting a need for a trios division in AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just easier to book a lot of unfamiliar talent as a group than on their own. Look at Adam Page. Do you think that guy would have ever been shit if he didn't get brought in to a stable a few years ago? Inner Circle, same thing with Sam. That kid was just another string bean flying machine, now he's an international meme.

As long as it's not a company full of stables. I feel like that with New Japan, where it seems like everyone in that company is part of CHAOS, LI, Bullet Club, the list goes on.

Bagel
    Death Triangle... sounds like something Impact/TNA would've used 5 years ago for about 2 weeks before removing all references and splitting the trio up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Jake the Snake Roberts showed last night exactly why he is one of the top 3 promo guys EVER. Honestly, he might be the best ever. That promo was fucking sick and Jake's worst promo in his career is still 100x better than the majority's best. I just sat and listened like a son listens to his father around the fire.

It was a good show but I have to end this on a negative and ask why Jon Moxley turned WWE? "This isn't Jericho's belt, or even mine, it's yours, the AEW family, and the AEW family watching around the world, and the AEW FAMILY pumping my gas and the AEW FAMILY sacking my groceries". Weak.

I think it's pretty clear that they want to paint Moxley as the flag-bearer if AEW. Considering he's the one that went from hating wrestling to falling madly in love again once he got out, it's fitting for his character to be thankful. I don't think we're necessarily going to get him saying this shit every week. I think it was meant to be a realistic, cathartic reaction to his journey and wanted to clear the air about how important the dedication of the fan base means to him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have made sense to say that after the fact on Saturday but the emotions and everything probably wouldn't have allowed it to resonate the same way. The clunky nature of Saturday was not ideal but it was still charming in a way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that they want to paint Moxley as the flag-bearer if AEW. Considering he's the one that went from hating wrestling to falling madly in love again once he got out, it's fitting for his character to be thankful. I don't think we're necessarily going to get him saying this shit every week. I think it was meant to be a realistic, cathartic reaction to his journey and wanted to clear the air about how important the dedication of the fan base means to him.
    I'm just not a fan of that bland cheap pop that isn't even necessary. And then he kept saying "AEW Family" like he forgot he wasn't in the WWE anymore. We don't need pandering to the crowd from Mox imo, him not doing that shit is what makes him different than every other babyface.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It would have made sense to say that after the fact on Saturday but the emotions and everything probably wouldn't have allowed it to resonate the same way. The clunky nature of Saturday was not ideal but it was still charming in a way.

The whole "this is your belt blah blah blah" was just corny to me. I liked his line about how the fans WILLED AEW into existence, I just felt the pandering wasn't needed. At all.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it if it's not really your thing. Normally I get bored of that kind of stuff, too. I think the timing and the passion I could hear from Mox's voice felt right for me here, as it's not something he normally does. It just felt like a general celebration of both his own journey and the culmination to this point in AEW where they're starting to really hit their stride.

And as long as "AEW Family" doesn't become official terminology, I'll let it slide

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Aubrey to death, but I'm starting to get annoyed how she awful she is at staying invisible during the matches. She's constantly posing and trying to be a part of the action. It's like having a flamenco dancer performing during a match.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't watched much AEW but my boy sent me a link to Jake's promo last night. God damn that was amazing.

Jake was the guest on Jericho's podcast this past week and went into pretty good detail about some of the promos he's done over the years, including how he earned the nickname "One Take Jake."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what else pissed me off? The crowd chanting YOU DESERVE IT to Moxley. That chant didn't even make sense. It must be the customary chant so if you don't get it maybe you suck? IDK. Did Jericho get it? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I love Aubrey to death, but I'm starting to get annoyed how she awful she is at staying invisible during the matches. She's constantly posing and trying to be a part of the action. It's like having a flamenco dancer performing during a match.
    I blame the fans. Half the time those neckbeard youporners are too busy chanting her name. One time she came out when a ref took a bump and crowd chanted "THIS IS AWESOME".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Haven't watched much AEW but my boy sent me a link to Jake's promo last night. God damn that was amazing.

Jake was the guest on Jericho's podcast this past week and went into pretty good detail about some of the promos he's done over the years, including how he earned the nickname "One Take Jake."
    Take some time to watch his appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take some time to watch his appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Just downloaded it. Thanks for the heads up, didn't know he had been on Rogan!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Just downloaded it. Thanks for the heads up, didn't know he had been on Rogan!
    And the little guy you hear with them, Tony, he's like Joe's go-to for pro wrestling. He actually turned down a writing job with the WWE, I think because he didn't want to move to CT. He even has his own podcast where he talks about wrestling with his comedy buddies. TONY HINCHLIFFE is his name. Writes a lot of jokes for the roasts on comedy Central.

And if you haven't seen Peanut Butter Falcon you should. Has Jake and Mick Foley in it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% don't blame him for not wanting to move to CT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My prediction is coming to fruition. We're basically averaging a million viewers a week. Not too bad. Let's double that shit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My prediction is coming to fruition. We're basically averaging a million viewers a week. Not too bad. Let's double that shit.
    They haven't had a million viewers since Week 3, so basically you're wrong.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said "basically averaging" so there's some wiggle room. So yeah my bad genius, 900,000 v. 1 million=what a drastic difference....

I've noticed you have been attempting to be like my sons @Morrison and @Matthew, kind of like how Peter Griffin tries and like Peter you come across as a total idiot.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think the framework was for NXT reaching that threshold.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jake's guy will be brodie lee

good show, darby took a hell of an elbow. hangman is the best thing goin on these.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I'm curious to see the longevity of his role once the client actually appears. Theoretically, in this setting, you can have guys like Jake do the heavy leg work in the promo department and allow the client to do the work in the ring. If it's Archer or Lee, that feels like they don't necessarily see verbal skills in either. That feels like a misguided thought process. If it's an introductory role by Jake, I can see it. Maybe it's just different to be different. Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see play out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think the framework was for NXT reaching that threshold.
    I had one somewhere about AEW too. NXT was I think by the end of the year maybe? Idk. I say a lot of random shit. Good thing we have resident genius @VHS here and hey it's almost Friday. You know what that means??!?!?!??!?!??

good show, darby took a hell of an elbow. hangman is the best thing goin on these.
    I agree about Harper. Darby looked like he got murdered.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious to see the longevity of his role once the client actually appears. Theoretically, in this setting, you can have guys like Jake do the heavy leg work in the promo department and allow the client to do the work in the ring. If it's Archer or Lee, that feels like they don't necessarily see verbal skills in either. That feels like a misguided thought process. If it's an introductory role by Jake, I can see it. Maybe it's just different to be different. Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see play out.
    i didn't really think of an archer. but jake saying "everybody dies" sounds fun. maybe they come together? opens a bunch and i like it.

and while jake was great on the stick, he can't be around that long. but, if he stays... actual managers, arn, tully, jake, lesser people like penelope, bunny, brandi as well. something that hasn't been around in awhile. i'd be down if it could be pulled off. hopefully more than tully can be good. even on that, tully is still stuck with shawn spears.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this qt marshall guy looks like he could be a real shithead, so i am looking forward to his turn on dustin.

then he can cut off cody's tattoo

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't really think of an archer. but jake saying "everybody dies" sounds fun. maybe they come together? opens a bunch and i like it.

and while jake was great on the stick, he can't be around that long. but, if he stays... actual managers, arn, tully, jake, lesser people like penelope, bunny, brandi as well. something that hasn't been around in awhile. i'd be down if it could be pulled off. hopefully more than tully can be good. even on that, tully is still stuck with shawn spears.
    If AEW wants to hang its hat on something in terms of quote unquote divisions, it's tag teams. That's a very easy strength for that company. Lee and Archer are both credible tag guys, so there's a chance to make a connection there. I hadn't thought of them together but that's a way to avoid saturation with spreading out the debuts. Tully does seem to be the most watered down in terms of potential for what these seconds could be doing. Arn's role feels like it's in the embryonic stage and nowhere near full form so I'm cutting him some slack.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they playsheet is moronic. if he stopped that then maybe i could take it seriously

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they playsheet is moronic. if he stopped that then maybe i could take it seriously
    I continue to believe someone in creative just thinks he looks like Andy Reid.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no clue what Roberts was talking about but it appears that him and Cody have been in a blood feud for years and this rivalry will headline Wrestlemania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per the Observer, it has been noted that Awesome Kong had been producing women's matches while she was there and will be back doing so after the currently filmed season of “GLOW” is over.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A GoFundMe has been started to fund Cody's tattoo removal...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't take long to reach it's goal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just not a fan of that bland cheap pop that isn't even necessary. And then he kept saying "AEW Family" like he forgot he wasn't in the WWE anymore. We don't need pandering to the crowd from Mox imo, him not doing that shit is what makes him different than every other babyface.

The whole "this is your belt blah blah blah" was just corny to me. I liked his line about how the fans WILLED AEW into existence, I just felt the pandering wasn't needed. At all.
    I don't think that will become a part of Mox's act. Sounds like he was just speaking from the heart and genuinely feels happy with where he's at in his career.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    I don't think that will become a part of Mox's act. Sounds like he was just speaking from the heart and genuinely feels happy with where he's at in his career.
    This all day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Snake Oil Salesman" needs to be a new Jericho shirt, on Pro Wrestling Tees.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    To be fair she is a hell of a looker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jakes promo wasnt that hard to get, not sure why some have striggled with it. He just simply called Cody out on being a management guy who whines like a bitch when he doesnt get his way, said his clients gonna whup him and left by saying he does t respect him in the least.

Fairly simple promo.

I like that they have a few vets kicking in as managers, wrestlings lacked that for years but they dont just benefit front of house, they also help the talent learn and get over.

Spending loads of time picking the likes of Jake, Tully, Arn etcs brain could be great for talent, get some storytelking back properly.