User Tag List

Page 27 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,700 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Why do they just wait there like idiots for him to skateboard down to the ring?
    what is the benefit of rushing up the ramp to him?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    what is the benefit of rushing up the ramp to him?
    To beat the shit out of him before he beats the shit out of them with his skateboard.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was about a 45-second long "10 seconds".

Man.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To beat the shit out of him before he beats the shit out of them with his skateboard.
    Skateboard or not, 4 guys, especially with two dudes the size of Jeff Cobb and Jake Hager should be able to murder Darby Allin. Its wrestling. Logic doesn't always have a place here.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, that's the intent, what is the benefit of rushing instead of waiting? you funnel yourselves up a ramp to a guy who has higher ground instead of waiting for the guy to come down and have to make himself vulnerable in some way in order to enter the ring, which allows them to attack and get shots in before he can do the same to them. there's literally no tactical advantage to rushing him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care how, why, where, or when - I want an Adam Page vs. Jeff Cobb match.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why would they leave the ring and let Mox and Dustin recover? In the ring they could at least keep an eye on them while they attempt gang up on Darby.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, that's the intent, what is the benefit of rushing instead of waiting? you funnel yourselves up a ramp to a guy who has higher ground instead of waiting for the guy to come down and have to make himself vulnerable in some way in order to enter the ring, which allows them to attack and get shots in before he can do the same to them. there's literally no tactical advantage to rushing him.
    The high ground? I take it all back. You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Why would they leave the ring and let Mox and Dustin recover? In the ring they could at least keep an eye on them while they attempt gang up on Darby.
    They had them all laying. So they could swarm Darby and stomp him to oblivion and head to the back just in time for some bubbley.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a dude in the front row wearing an Enzo and Cass shirt.

Somehow, that's more embarrassing than dressing like Scooby-Doo.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    how they gonna go to commercial on hangman drinking beer

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen one Wardlow match in my entire life.

And it was a pretty poor match against MOOSE... MOOSE... at some crappy indie show.

Definitely keeping an open mind for tonight.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    hoping for some BLOOD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only pinfall or submission? No climbing out for the win?

Edit: only 15 minutes left on the show... seems like this will be a short match

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's Arn Anderson got in his hand, a wrestling chart?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, imagine if we got some TV Blood....

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a GUSHER ​here, people.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    BLOOD

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY SHIT!!!

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was really good. Wardlow was much better than I expected.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great finish by Cody. Wardlow also did well in his debut match. Awesome main event!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Wardlow a metric fuckton of credit for that, too. He was right there to catch him. Half an inch off and Cody would be wheeling himself into Revolution in a nice, shiny new wheelchair.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Cody looked like Mistico flying into bolivian.

Thanks for the blood alert guys.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the whole presentation of that was great. felt more like a BIG MATCH than any WWE match i can remember in years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, the whole show tonight was super fun.

I almost wish this weekend was Revolution. Next week's Dynamite feels like a lame duck episode.

- Super fun battle royal. Every team got a time to shine and got to get there shit in. For the sake of having a great pay-per-view match, the right team won.

- Kris Statlander shook off her Sophomore slump and had a solid match. Good for her. Her vs. Nyla is certainly a way to go.

- The tag-team title match was super fun. They just need to figure out that "10 seconds" doesn't mean "45 seconds, but the ref only starts counting guys down after 35 seconds". Maybe AEW could just make a decision to say, if there's a tag-team match, all four guys can be in the ring for 1 minute, as long as the two legal guys are wrestling each other. If they begin double-teaming, then the ref starts his count. That way, they could contrive a reason why all four dudes are allowed in the ring together, at any given time.

- Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb was fun as Hell. Cobb looked like a wild ass beast tossing Mox around like a pizza dough, before you put the toppings on. Mox just got lucky and it was a fun finish. Sort of felt proper old-school "NWA".

- That cage match was great. Wardlow is a shockingly solid big guy. And blood. So oddly refreshing to see blood in wrestling again. And holy fuck that finish. Cody's moonsaults haven't always been fantastic, but he hit that shit spot on.

I'm pumped for Revolution. I don't know about you guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is Sammy G dead?
    Last edited by Sinner; February 19th, 2020 at 11:51 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good alteration to the tag team battle royal, making it to where it was required that both tag team members had to be thrown over in order to be eliminated. There was definitely a desire to get a lot of stuff in while all of the teams were involved. Made it kind of hard for everything to get seen but that's the give and take that goes on in that kind of scenario. The right team won, obviously, and sets the stage for what should be a good tag title match at Revolution.

Ross didn't give a shit about the alien gimmick for Statlander, which was pretty humorous. Probably not ideal from a continuity standpoint but JR is going to call it like he sees it, for better or for worse. At least the match itself was a step in the right direction for the division.

With the fact that Cobb isn't officially inked, according to most or all reports, it makes sense that this was a good one-week experiment with attempts to get different talent from other promotions on broadcasts. It did present a nice short-term roadblock for Moxley and helped continue the idea of building momentum for him towards the title match. Feel like there's way more meat on the bone with Moxley and Allin having potential for an alliance but they're nearly out of time when it comes to Revolution. It didn't make a lot of sense for why Tazz suddenly did commentary for the match.

Unless it's the norm for title matches, it didn't make a lick of sense as to why there was a 60-minute time limit for the tag title match. If they went the full 60, the show would have been over and there wouldn't be a winner...and the much-hyped cage match never would have made it to air, lol. As for the match, it was bonkers and entertaining, as expected.

The reveal of the action figures was pretty cool.

It still makes me laugh that they're going with the coach approach for Arn, even equipped with the laminated colored play sheet. Doesn't make any sense for him to have that based on what wrestling is, but it is good commitment to the bit. Very good first showing for Wardlow. That really could have been a disaster but he was more than up holding up his end of the match. In addition, he was where he needed to be for the moonsault spot and took that like a champ. Another good all around performance by Cody. He had a heck of a promo after Dynamite went off the air, too.

One big advantage AEW has versus its Wednesday night counterpart is the atmosphere. Full Sail had a dud of a night, and AEW always does well in that regard. You're not going to get a Portland Takeover crowd every week with NXT but the difference is rather noticeable. It was on display in a big way this week.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, another great show! They've been building up so much momentum these past couple weeks. The closer we get to the PPV, the more important it feels.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    the whole presentation of that was great. felt more like a BIG MATCH than any WWE match i can remember in years.
    Surely you just mean on the TV shows? WWE has had several big match PPVs in recent years

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Not really

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In honor of Sammy G's decimation at Revolution:

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next day thoughts on Dynamite:

The no sell on Raven being in the crowd was probably a good gag to run. I doubt it actually leads into anything substantial going forward, but it was good.

I liked the comfort Rose showed with the promo. It felt a little forced in the sense of trying to get hive over but I thought it was an effective promo.

Will be interesting to see how they continue to chart the course for Omega and Hangman. Seemed destined that Hangman was going to be the man to turn but there's too much found money with him now and Omega clearly has the ability to play a heel in him so there's a variety of ways they can go...which is ideal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Another outstanding show from AEW last night. They're really getting good at doing wrestling on TV.

- Battle Royal was a great opener that featured a number of stories and the right team winning. I didn't notice Raven the first time, only after reading online, but that was a cool little thing to do. Big hint or red herring? Was good to see the Butcher getting some shine here. I was well into the stare down and exchange with Luchasaurus. Still want more big boys in this promotion. Orange Cassidy saving Trent was terrific as it came out of nowhere and the superkick to Sammy was absolutely nuts. We'll be seeing that over and over in packages I'm sure.
    - One of the better women's matches in AEW so far and Stadtlander is back to looking like a player.
    - Nyla Rose got a good reaction. Funny how no one seemed to give a shit about her being transgender until she actually won the title. Anyway the internet chatter has likely only helped her career. I thought she did well on the microphone there. Not sure about Spudz' comparison of Big Swole with Bianca Belair. Yes she is a black woman but her mannerisms seem wildly different.
    - The crowd singing along to Judas after the music stops is becoming my new favourite thing. Sammy rocking out was class. Tazz on commentary for this one - interesting as Cobb feels like a modern day Tazz in many ways. This was good and the right call for Mox to win even though Cobb losing his first AEW match seems wrong. He should go on a tear now, make an angle out of Jericho holding him down and then have him turn on him imo.
    - Darby feels like such a star. AEW's Sting. They've done a great job with his presentation.
    - That tag title match was a blast. All four guys are particularly engaging so at no point did I tune out like I have with other flashy AEW tag matches.
    - Cage match was really just perfect. Big match feel. The cage looked great. Super tall and imposing with that structure along the corners and top. Dangerous looking with that gap between the ring and the cage (and really probably is so I wonder if that changes). Pretty sure it's the first Wardlow match I've seen and he looked great chucking Cody around (and that swanton out of nowhere!). The spot with Arn teasing smashing the door into Cody before hitting MJF was great too. Cody bled all over the place and then the moonsault from the top was just nuts.

If I hadn't seen any of the TV building up to Revolution and you'd shown me the card for the show, I probably wouldn't be that interested. But having seen the great build, I can't wait. I'd still like some more additions to the roster, especially in the women's division and the style of wrestling prevalent on the show really isn't my favourite but the booking and presentation of the shows has been on point and it really can't be overstated how much better than WWE they are right now at making guys look like stars.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the same way about Hangman Page as I do Adam Cole. They're almost twins. The way they look, the way they work, promos, event their names have the same amount of letters. And I've always disliked Page going back to his early ROH days coming out wearing a John Deere hat. He's just not for me.

Orange Cassidy on the other hand......Magical.

I'm all about some AEW action figures. They looked pretty sweet when I had a closer look at them on Ringside's IG page.

Honest question about Cody......If you took how he books himself in AEW, could that have worked at the top tier level in WWE for him? I think so. I think right now we're seeing what we saw with Christian in TNA. Given the chance, they can deliver at the top. Cody unfortunately just didn't have the time to wait around for his turn and had to get out and it paid off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I used to feel the same way about Page. In ROH... in New Japan. Did absolutely nothing for me, even though you could tell he had solid fundamentals. But that's all changed with the way he's gotten over on Dynamite recently. He's got personality now and comes across like a star.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    A
    - Nyla Rose got a good reaction. Funny how no one seemed to give a shit about her being transgender until she actually won the title.
    They did, it just blew up even more when AEW actually gave her the title. Which I don't see how that was a shock when AEW has what, 4 women on the roster that are actual wrestlers? Kong just left, the bald chick is MIA, so that leaves us with Bianca 2.0, Karolina from The Runaways (not as hot but that's the vibe I get when I see her lol), Nyla, and Riho. Not sure if anyone else is signed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing I forgot: The kick to Guevara when he ran in during the battle royal was epic. It looked like instant death. Great...but I didn't like the fact he was right back at it, happy and chill as hell when he came out with Hager and Jericho for Cobb's match. I mean, it made sense as to why he needed to be there, but it took some heat away from the brutal kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

Honest question about Cody......If you took how he books himself in AEW, could that have worked at the top tier level in WWE for him? I think so. I think right now we're seeing what we saw with Christian in TNA. Given the chance, they can deliver at the top. Cody unfortunately just didn't have the time to wait around for his turn and had to get out and it paid off.
    It'd be really hard to screw it up. WWE is not good at consistently booking faces so if you take that issue away and have Cody booked this way, it would click. This is an instance where commentary or ancillary storytelling could enhance him. Think of how he's booked and how they will hit you over the head with legacy and lineage if you have it (Cena, Orton, Triple H, Flair, etc.). I'm not saying Cody is on that tier but those guys have a legacy that can be retold in a simple two-three sentence outline by a commentator and it just adds more context.

For what happened, I don't think Cody was going to get his turn. Either that, or he didn't believe he was. I think he needed the rejection to recharge and get the hunger elevated, like McIntyre.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty Macwhoreface View Post
    Yeah its weird how being a bigot will get you labelled as one, Its like Spudz spirit has taken over him. Damn the leftists though.
    You sir need to stop. You're a fucking racist, you were literally banned for it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Apparently Shanna, Sadie Gibbs, Mel, Rose, Shida, Swole, Britt, Priestley, Sakura and Statlander are all signed to contracts.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    One more thing I forgot: The kick to Guevara when he ran in during the battle royal was epic. It looked like instant death. Great...but I didn't like the fact he was right back at it, happy and chill as hell when he came out with Hager and Jericho for Cobb's match. I mean, it made sense as to why he needed to be there, but it took some heat away from the brutal kick.

It'd be really hard to screw it up. WWE is not good at consistently booking faces so if you take that issue away and have Cody booked this way, it would click. This is an instance where commentary or ancillary storytelling could enhance him. Think of how he's booked and how they will hit you over the head with legacy and lineage if you have it (Cena, Orton, Triple H, Flair, etc.). I'm not saying Cody is on that tier but those guys have a legacy that can be retold in a simple two-three sentence outline by a commentator and it just adds more context.

For what happened, I don't think Cody was going to get his turn. Either that, or he didn't believe he was.

Part of me thinks a lot of his fame comes at the expense of him leaving. That'd be the only missing element so it would have be replaced with something similar. He would have to come out and basically CM Punk pipe bomb the company. Talk about his start and stop pushes, the Stardust gimmick, talk about Vince trying to sabotage his father and brother and how it backfired and they made it work blah blah blah.

But I do think that Cody realized he's in his prime, everyone comes back anyway to the WWE if all else fails. It'll be interesting if we ever see a Rhodes under the WWE banner again. So yeah right now in the company he's in, he's killing it and I think that the WWE may have missed the boat on a solid talent like Cody.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Shanna, Sadie Gibbs, Mel, Rose, Shida, Swole, Britt, Priestley, Sakura and Statlander are all signed to contracts.
    So 10 women, not bad at all. They just need to showcase them more. I've watched all but 1 episode of Dynamite and I can tell you most of those women are not featured enough to make me think they were going to be ahead of Nyla Rose.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me thinks a lot of his fame comes at the expense of him leaving. That'd be the only missing element so it would have be replaced with something similar. He would have to come out and basically CM Punk pipe bomb the company. Talk about his start and stop pushes, the Stardust gimmick, talk about Vince trying to sabotage his father and brother and how it backfired and they made it work blah blah blah.

But I do think that Cody realized he's in his prime, everyone comes back anyway to the WWE if all else fails. It'll be interesting if we ever see a Rhodes under the WWE banner again. So yeah right now in the company he's in, he's killing it and I think that the WWE may have missed the boat on a solid talent like Cody.
    He had skins on the wall prior to leaving, had compelling characters (that were radically different from each other), had a pretty standout or hallmark-like tag match with his brother. A lot of the boxes were being checked but they didn't go all the way with him. There was a barrier, which seemed like it came from Vince and Triple H just seeing him as Dusty's son and not as Cody. He was angry and humbled after that, and went down the road of just using it as a freeing and motivating experience. You can say he latched on to the Bullet Club prestige over time but he's definitely a guy with a mind for the business that I think he would have found a way to be successful in some form or fashion without attaching himself to that.

As to what he would have had to do or say when he came back, I guess he could do that. It's a easy hook. I think McIntyre now is showing that you don't necessary need to use angst to tell a redemption story. That's not to say you presumed idea is bad. I just think there's enough there to where they could go a lot of different ways.

If you had Cody as is and booked as is in WWE, you'd have a hell of a versatile star.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You'll see Cody back in the WWE again. probably not as an active wrestler, but something like Kurt Angle when he came back a couple of years ago. I think in 10-15 years AEW will cease to exist.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had skins on the wall prior to leaving, had compelling characters (that were radically different from each other), had a pretty standout or hallmark-like tag match with his brother. A lot of the boxes were being checked but they didn't go all the way with him. There was a barrier, which seemed like it came from Vince and Triple H just seeing him as Dusty's son and not as Cody. He was angry and humbled after that, and went down the road of just using it as a freeing and motivating experience. You can say he latched on to the Bullet Club prestige over time but he's definitely a guy with a mind for the business that I think he would have found a way to be successful in some form or fashion without attaching himself to that.

As to what he would have had to do or say when he came back, I guess he could do that. It's a easy hook. I think McIntyre now is showing that you don't necessary need to use angst to tell a redemption story. That's not to say you presumed idea is bad. I just think there's enough there to where they could go a lot of different ways.

If you had Cody as is and booked as is in WWE, you'd have a hell of a versatile star.
    No not "come back" but "come out" meaning, since he was Stardust prior to leaving....He'd have to come out on stage, maybe do what Dustin did to the Goldust robe by burning it in the trash on stage or whatever.....Then just drop a pipe bomb about being held back, given weird gimmicks and looks like his dad and brother before him. Shit they wouldn't even have to really go that route BUT in terms of the character he has NOW, they would have to show some angst, frustration, etc because like I said I think what really has helped him is this quest to show he could have been a major player for the WWE had they given him the chance.

But he had a lot going against him. A lot of people in front of him and maybe they figured since he was so young he had plenty of time to elevate.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No not "come back" but "come out" meaning, since he was Stardust prior to leaving....He'd have to come out on stage, maybe do what Dustin did to the Goldust robe by burning it in the trash on stage or whatever.....Then just drop a pipe bomb about being held back, given weird gimmicks and looks like his dad and brother before him. Shit they wouldn't even have to really go that route BUT in terms of the character he has NOW, they would have to show some angst, frustration, etc because like I said I think what really has helped him is this quest to show he could have been a major player for the WWE had they given him the chance.

But he had a lot going against him. A lot of people in front of him and maybe they figured since he was so young he had plenty of time to elevate.
    Gotcha. I misunderstood.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raven as the Exhaulted One would work tremendously even if it had the whole "Raven's Nest" vibe. He's not going to wrestle, and he cuts promos better than anyone in wrestling.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Since they love the 90s, what with DDP, Arn Anderson, Goldust, Schiavone, and Jericho running around, Raven would fit right in. I'm hoping it's someone we've never seen before though, to be honest.

I jest of course about the 90s. Not sure who it's going to be, but I think the tease of Matt Hardy is going to be a swerve and he's going to stay with WWE>
    Last edited by Donald; February 20th, 2020 at 4:46 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Shawn Spears had another big week.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I'm watching the program, listening to her promo, and making an observation.
    I'll make an observation about that segment.

How about when Big Smo called Nia Rose "brother"? I don't see enough of Big Smo to know if that's her thing (what up with the pumping herself up bullshit?) but I heard that and I was like, oh shit there goes someone's push.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next day thoughts on Dynamite:

The no sell on Raven being in the crowd was probably a good gag to run. I doubt it actually leads into anything substantial going forward, but it was good.

I liked the comfort Rose showed with the promo. It felt a little forced in the sense of trying to get hive over but I thought it was an effective promo.

Will be interesting to see how they continue to chart the course for Omega and Hangman. Seemed destined that Hangman was going to be the man to turn but there's too much found money with him now and Omega clearly has the ability to play a heel in him so there's a variety of ways they can go...which is ideal.
    I've been wondering if the Bucks should be the ones to turn heel. Then I was reminded how over they are in the Battle Royal, so that's not going to happen. An Omega heel turn would be interesting. He could be pretty cocky in New Japan, so if he played that up it could work. They don't have too many top heels, Just Jericho, MJF, and Pac, so another one wouldn't hurt.

I feel the same way about Hangman Page as I do Adam Cole. They're almost twins. The way they look, the way they work, promos, event their names have the same amount of letters. And I've always disliked Page going back to his early ROH days coming out wearing a John Deere hat. He's just not for me.

Orange Cassidy on the other hand......Magical.

I'm all about some AEW action figures. They looked pretty sweet when I had a closer look at them on Ringside's IG page.

I think this version of Cody could have worked in WWE, but not as effectively. I don't know if he'd even have gotten to this point if he'd never left. The reason he works so well is the bigger story that's being told. Cody felt underappreciated in WWE and left to find himself. He found allies along the way and is now trying to create a true competitor to WWE. This is the ultimate underdog story and fans want him to succeed. On top of that, he's carrying on his family's legacy which adds to his overall mystique. We just wouldn't see this depth of character in the confines of WWE's overly scripted and micro-managed environment.

I used to feel the same way about Page. In ROH... in New Japan. Did absolutely nothing for me, even though you could tell he had solid fundamentals. But that's all changed with the way he's gotten over on Dynamite recently. He's got personality now and comes across like a star.
    It wasn't until the last two episodes of Dynamite that I started to see what others saw in Page and he's slowly growing on me. Hangman Page was pretty meh, but Cowboy Page has potential. Maybe he just needed a new nickname to put the final piece together, lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying that Page comes across like a star. Ok maybe in AEW where they have a handful of "stars" so he stands out, but changing your nickname to one of the oldest, lamest nicknames in wrestling (COWBOY????) and sharing beers with the crowd for a cheap cheap pop doesn't scream STAR.

But that's just me. I think the guy gets praised based on affiliation more than anything. He must be good if he's part of "The Elite/Bullet Club" right? Even my best friend who is a big wrestling fan but doesn't know a lot about the entire AEW roster seems to be a fan as well. But he also never saw him prior to AEW in Ring of Honor or New Japan.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it really matters but everything I read or heard in relation to the rest of The Elite and Page was that the other members were saying he was singled out and was the prospect of the group. They thought he was young and promising so I don't think he's supposed to be seen as a finished product in terms of where the ceiling is for his notoriety but that they see something in him that's going to click.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it really matters but everything I read or heard in relation to the rest of The Elite and Page was that the other members were saying he was singled out and was the prospect of the group. They thought he was young and promising so I don't think he's supposed to be seen as a finished product in terms of where the ceiling is for his notoriety but that they see something in him that's going to click.
    It probably doesn't help for someone like me who wasn't sold one bit on him prior to AEW that he found himself in the main event for the inaugural World title match against Chris Jericho of all people. That was a little too "Jinder-ish" booking for me. At least he didn't win, but putting him in that position when he clearly wasn't ready to stand on his own at that level did him no favors at all.

And again like I said, the affiliation with those guys I think puts him in a different light than if he was on his own. He's been in the game for 12 years so idk how much longer someone can be a "prospect" but given the circumstances of AEW being new and finally giving this kid some room to be something other than a background character could work wonders.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably doesn't help for someone like me who wasn't sold one bit on him prior to AEW that he found himself in the main event for the inaugural World title match against Chris Jericho of all people. That was a little too "Jinder-ish" booking for me. At least he didn't win, but putting him in that position when he clearly wasn't ready to stand on his own at that level did him no favors at all.

And again like I said, the affiliation with those guys I think puts him in a different light than if he was on his own. He's been in the game for 12 years so idk how much longer someone can be a "prospect" but given the circumstances of AEW being new and finally giving this kid some room to be something other than a background character could work wonders.
    I can't speak to any of the ROH stuff but I saw some incremental improvements with him in NJPW. Working the G-1 is either going to help you improve in different facets or you're going to be a bust. I wouldn't say he had a breakout like Archer did but he made some headway.

I don't hate the idea they presented with him being the first challenger and I never really expected him to win. They played off the fact he was in the spotlight and lost and kind of started to spiral out because of it. It's just transitioned into a way that is endearing to the audience now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the main event, would of preferred it to be climb out or pinfall but whatever it was a fun match and that moonsault was crazy, Cody didnt even look back before jumping.

Oh and that superkick! Im not sure how Guevaro is still walking.

I want more of Luchasaurus.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd leave his useless wife at home though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandi Rhodes is arguably the most beautiful woman in all of pro wrestling today. ARGUABLY as Io Shirai is in the argument for me. If she's useless then so were Miss Elizabeth, Sunny, Sable, etc.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    "I want a piece of your ass."

In another time, another place, that line would have meant something completely different for that guy.
    Is this a US/UK thing? As in, whenever I hear that line, it sounds super gay to me. Genuinely sounds like the guy saying it wants sex.

Always remember cringing when they'd replay it over and over when Steve Austin 'wanted a piece of Mike Tyson's ass'.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s kind of an either/or thing in the US. Means both, just depends on context.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say "I want a piece of YOUR ass" That's usually implying wanting to beat someone down.

When you say "I want a piece of THAT ass" That's implying you want to fuck. Subtle but realistically could change your life.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does AEW do house shows? Or is it just the one day a week tapings?

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no house shows. only tv tapings and ppv's, though they did do two special events last summer, fyter fest and fight for the fallen.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like a pretty good deal, better than WWE at least, though I read a report that WWE is cutting back on house shows.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good deal, better than WWE at least, though I read a report that WWE is cutting back on house shows.
    If you don't like being out on the road, perhaps.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I think everyone but maybe Cody works for other promotions as it is so technically their house shows are like "British Pro Xtreme" or "House of 1,000 Suplexes"

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surprised there's not much backlash over Jericho vs. Moxley, two ex WWE guys. Do you think AEW should have a relatively uknown talent in Moxley's position? Could have done a world of wonders if they were booked in similar fashion.

I assume Moxley wins and MJF wins, leading to a Moxley vs. MJF program?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised there's not much backlash over Jericho vs. Moxley, two ex WWE guys. Do you think AEW should have a relatively uknown talent in Moxley's position? Could have done a world of wonders if they were booked in similar fashion.

Why would there be backlash? This isn't the first instance of two former WWE guys involved in the title picture since AEW came into the picture. Two WWE guys didn't go at it in the inaugural championship match, and Jericho has defended the title more than once against non former-WWE acts already.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thought it was only Cody. Just figured if they want to be an alternate to WWE maybe not having WWE guys in the main event might help

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny, of all the things AEW doesn't do right, the one thing they've done right is the Moxley/Jericho feud. They've done it better than WWE.

Its a rehash, but its not a lazy rehash. Its a rehash that's actually better than the original.

And funny enough, MJF doing the "kiss my ring" thing with the AEW Diamond Ring is the exact gimmick Cody Rhodes had in Ring Of Honor for a while.

There's nothing new in pro-wrestling. But there's always ways to improve and iterate on what's been done before.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was only Cody. Just figured if they want to be an alternate to WWE maybe not having WWE guys in the main event might help
    that's not what 'being an alternative' is about.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    To be real, Jericho and Moxley are totally new characters in AEW. Unneutered, revamped, unparalleled. Reborn.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    that's not what 'being an alternative' is about.
    I have a feeling he's being obtuse.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Weird I'm usually acute

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pushing the most recognizable talent is the right thing to do. It gets eyes on the product so fans can discover the newer guys as they're getting built up. Moxley works in that spot because everyone knows who he is and it feels like a big deal when he's on TV. You wouldn't get that with a complete unknown.

I'm expecting Jericho to retain. He and the Inner Circle have put Moxley through the ringer over the past month. John's got one good eye and his ribs are all busted up, so he'll be protected when he loses. We could see a couple more matches between the two of them culminating in Moxley eventually getting the win.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Guess I'm not involved enough in the product to recognize major differences.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I'm actually surprised yet thankful that AEW hasn't relied solely on former WWE talent. But people also have to realize, there are a lot of former WWE wrestlers out there in some form. Hard to escape that fact when WWE have really been the only big promotion in damn near 20 years. It's like slighting the XFL for signing former NFL talent.

There are some fans who are playing a waiting game, to see if AEW starts to get super stale or suck balls but you're going to have to wait for a bit before you can really assess the promotion. Right now I'm digging it. But I'm also a huge WRESTLING fan. I can watch pretty much any promotion no matter how shitty they are.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's a good time to be a wrestling fan, with so much talent all over the place.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

This is a dumb post on a number of levels. Both Jericho and Moxley have been made to look like bigger stars than they had been in WWE and their programme in AEW has been booked really well. It was absolutely the right move to sign both and it's the right move to have them at the top of the card. There have been other AEW main events and there will be more. Kenny Omega, Adam Page and the Young Bucks have all headlined and none of them made their names in WWE. The likes of Darby Allin, Sammy Guevara and Jungle Boy have been earmarked as the future and they'll almost certainly be headlining shows in the future. Most wrestlers of any value have been with WWE at one point or another and actually looking at the roster I'd say that AEW has less former WWE talent than one might expect.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well then I'm just one dumb idiot then aren't I.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything DUMB in the post. The reality is there are a lot of people on social media out there and I'm sure plenty are saying "Oh a WWE rehash blah blah blah" but it's all good. The feud has a different approach but it's good and I thought their feud in the WWE was good. See, we have yet to see these 2 wrestle again. I didn't think their matches in WWE were anything special, but the non-wrestling stuff was awesome.

It's like back in the day with WCW. Some fans were shitting on them when they'd do Hogan v. Savage, even though in this realm Hogan was the bad guy so it was a different take on what WWF had done 6-7 years prior. Or even Flair v. Savage. But if a rivalry is good, no 1 promotion owns that rivalry imo.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was a dumb and obtuse post, @Nash Diesel.

Should be a good episode tonight with it being the go home show. Remember when go home shows got you amped up for a PPV? Like, really amped up? I miss those days. Let's hope AEW can do that shit again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to see if they start to plant subtle seeds that Omega and/or The Bucks are the ones to turn, if someone is turning, in the story with Page. I think you've seen enough with Page to suggest having him be the main protagonist is a worthwhile venture. Could be the rare scenario where eventually Omega and Page lose the titles and Page is figuratively says he really needs to break away in order to find himself and everyone remains a face but that seems unlikely.

I also want to see if MJF is presented as more upset or angry that the fact the the match with Cody is actually now going to happen. I mean, he put all the obstacles in front of Cody and Cody has the wind behind him and is charging towards MJF. I think creatively adding some heat behind MJF is the way to go tonight in regards to this weekend.

Should be telling in some ways tonight with Moxley and Jericho if they're ready to pull the trigger. I don't really see anyone outside of Moxley who fits as a challenger for Jericho and you run the risk of taking the steam off Moxley if he loses after he's gone through so much in the last few weeks.

Matt Hardy did a hell of a job laying it in, in regards to teasing his next move as he referred to Randy Orton as Dear Dr. RKO...which is an anagram for Dark Order
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 26th, 2020 at 3:31 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to see if they start to plant subtle seeds that Omega and/or The Bucks are the ones to turn, if someone is turning, in the story with Page. I think you've seen enough with Page to suggest having him be the main protagonist is a worthwhile venture. Could be the rare scenario where eventually Omega and Page lose the titles and Page is figuratively says he really needs to break away in order to find himself and everyone remains a face but that seems unlikely.

I also want to see if MJF is presented as more upset or angry that the fact the the match with Cody is actually now going to happen. I mean, he put all the obstacles in front of Cody and Cody has the wind behind him and is charging towards MJF. I think creatively adding some heat behind MJF is the way to go tonight in regards to this weekend.

Should be telling in some ways tonight with Moxley and Jericho if they're ready to pull the trigger. I don't really see anyone outside of Moxley who fits as a challenger for Jericho and you run the risk of taking the steam off Moxley if he loses after he's gone through so much in the last few weeks.

Matt Hardy did a hell of a job laying it in, in regards to teasing his next move as he referred to Randy Orton as Dear Dr. RKO...which is an anagram for Dark Order
    Very clever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that while Jericho is a beast right now, Moxley is on the same level. These are easily AEW 2 top stars both in terms of the public perception and the booking. I say give the title to Moxley. Other than Mox the only other babyface that should be getting the title would be Cody but he kind of booked himself into a corner early on with the whole "I'll never challenge for the title again" bullshit. Which I'm going to assume was done due to the fans coming at AEW pretty strong for some stupid reason about Cody being in that title match. "Oh Cody is going to put the belt on himself!" Next thing you know you have the stip. Nonsense.

So yeah, let's get the strap on Moxley. He's going to be someone you can have compete against heels and babyfaces, just like when he was champ in WWE. One nice thing about a guy like Cena or Austin was that you could have a ppv or a tv show with the babyface champ v. another babyface and it made sense. In AEW it's even easier if they stick to rankings.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know Cody is going to become a champion at some point though, how exactly do they reverse his never challenge again stipulation? Perhaps become a heel and go against his word?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance Archer to AEW confirmed by the company.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know Cody is going to become a champion at some point though, how exactly do they reverse his never challenge again stipulation? Perhaps become a heel and go against his word?
    They always find a way out of that stipulation. He'll turn heel and be all "I'm an executive of this company I will do what I want" and boom here comes Russo Khan to get his tv role lol.

If he can deliver like he did at the G1 I'm all for it. If he's going to be the same mediocre wrestler he's been since the days of Dallas Hoyt.....meh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they'd rescue Davey Boy Smith Jr. from MLW and have he and Archer reform the Killer Elite Squad in AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have any fans of the Butcher, Blade and Bunny? I want to like them. I like the Butcher, I like Allie aka Bunny, but I have never been and probably never will be sold on The Blade aka Pepper Parks. For one, I hate the name PEPPER PARKS. What grown ass man thought that was a cool name? But then he doesn't even wrestle in the mask so he kind of looks like Stu from Dark Order. I guess we'll see if they're still a thing in a year and how they work.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a fan of Bunny.

That's about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I think TE was right about LA.
    I saw him have a good match with Josh Briggs.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    archer would be a great post-revolution feud for moxley. i was wondering what would be the next step for him if he loses to jericho, which i think he should.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have any fans of the Butcher, Blade and Bunny? I want to like them. I like the Butcher, I like Allie aka Bunny, but I have never been and probably never will be sold on The Blade aka Pepper Parks. For one, I hate the name PEPPER PARKS. What grown ass man thought that was a cool name? But then he doesn't even wrestle in the mask so he kind of looks like Stu from Dark Order. I guess we'll see if they're still a thing in a year and how they work.
    I'm with you. I mostly dig The Butcher, who has impressed me one way or another in each outing he's had. The Blade is ok on his own, but never saw much special in him. I am fine with Allie as a personality. I also think they have arguably the best theme song in AEW.

Overall, I think they're a solid team with one person who has the potential to break out on his own down the line. I actually would like to see them in the tag team mix a bit more.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    archer would be a great post-revolution feud for moxley. i was wondering what would be the next step for him if he loses to jericho, which i think he should.
    I don't know if he can carry his own weight in a real feud with Mox.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I'm with you. I mostly dig The Butcher, who has impressed me one way or another in each outing he's had. The Blade is ok on his own, but never saw much special in him. I am fine with Allie as a personality. I also think they have arguably the best theme song in AEW.

Overall, I think they're a solid team with one person who has the potential to break out on his own down the line. I actually would like to see them in the tag team mix a bit more.
    Oh yeah their tag-team W/L record is almost as bad as Jurassic Express, another team that has serious potential.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a gimmick match but I thought Moxley and Archer had pretty good chemistry together when they squared off at WK. I guess it just depends on how they want to portray Archer in terms of what he has to do in terms of carrying things in a feud.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I think at this point Archer is best portrayed as a winner. He's charismatic as hell...
    Last edited by Horatio; February 26th, 2020 at 8:10 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Well then I'm just one dumb idiot then aren't I.
    No, I wasn't saying you are dumb or an idiot. I do think that post and some of your other posts in the AEW threads have been a bit ill thought out though. And you even said yourself that you haven't been following AEW religiously. I've had a lot of issues with AEW myself and after an initial excitement I lost interest quite quickly and began picking NXT over Dynamite most weeks. But lately they've been on a real hot streak I think. And from reading your posts in the WWE forum, I know that like you, I've always liked watching the bigger guys which is something AEW has lacked. Hopefully that's beginning to change and we'll start to see more and more big lads in AEW to go alongside the smaller guys.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    there have been things on dynamite i've thought were misguided but i've never been negative on the promotion yet. even at its "worst" i don't think they've produced a show any less than good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Butcher looks amazing. A proper old school hard bastard wrestler look which is great and particularly refreshing in AEW that mostly consists of a load of pretty boys and smaller guys. He's also in the band Every Time I Die who my sister's boyfriend went all the way to Amsterdam to see play the other week so that was a good topic of conversation to bring up with him. And while personally she doesn't do much for me, the Bunny is an attractive girl who seems to get a response from the crowds and from what I've heard did a lot of good work in Impact. The Blade though... barely registered. His entrance mask is great and I think he should wear it for matches. It looks great but when he takes it off and wrestles he loses the one thing that makes him stand out.