Results 5,001 to 5,100 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Where did I ever say I'd get in his face and harass him? I'd be happy to have a discussion with him about his political beliefs. If he's threatened enough to get violent by a few words, then I'll see him in court.
    LMFAO. You just said you highly doubt anyone would feel threatened by Kevin Nash and slighted his age and physical conditioning. Which btw, was far superior to yours and mine at any time of his life lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watching now. Not a fan of solo Excalibur on commentary, but I am glad that he at least seems to know what he’s talking about. I think Schiavone would have been a good addition to the commentary team here.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dream of the day where JR fucks up massively and we get a Schiavone/Excalibur booth. JR is over the hill, his good moments are few and far between, and he spends more time trying to get himself over as this old school guy who's seen it all than actually working with his partners. Schiavone might try to pretend like he knows what Excalibur is talking about sometimes, but he always seems genuinely interested and amazed at Excalibur's knowledge. JR takes every opportunity to make fun of Excalibur for doing his fucking job.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah I was watching Dynamite when they had Don Callis in the booth and thinking about how I'd actually prefer Callis to JR now. Which I never thought I'd say a few years back. Excalibur isn't amazing but he knows his shit and holds things together. Schiavone's the man.

The Dark commentary team with Tazz and Ogogo is actually quite enjoyable too.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like JR, few bring the passion and energy to commentary that he does. That being said, I love Excalibur and Tony’s chemistry, same with Excalibur and Taz on Dark.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, that passion from JR just doesn't come out enough. And when it's not there, the smarmy JR comes out that just grates on me. Because it comes off more like what I'd expect from a WWE commentary booth, where he'll make some personal remark or jab at one of the other commentators. And when he's not doing that, he just reminisces about the old days. And there is legitimately something between he and Excalibur where it's like JR is actually jealous of how knowledgeable he is because when he's not making fun of him, he has to put over that he knows his shit.

And it's like JR, we get it: you know your shit. But you also didn't really care about non-WWE wrestling for like 10+ years and we get it. Just accept someone knows something you don't and move forward.

I'll admit, though, that I appreciate he does still put a lot of effort into putting the younger talent over. It's again a thing where I think he feels he has to put his stamp all over it, but I appreciate that he still understands the function of his job and obviously cares about the product being good.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sakazaki/Suruga - Fun, but so, so light. Some of the blows don’t even connect and they roll right into some of the spots too obviously.

Sakura/VENY - much more hard hitting that the first match, VENY was laying some of those shots in. Love how quick and powerful she is, would loooove to see more of VENY in AEW. Emi Sakura looked tremendous, so happy she’s not wearing the Freddie Mercury mustache anymore, lol

itoh/mizunami -very soft match like the first one, but both of these ladies got to show their personality and it was a very entertaining watch. Sad to see Maki Itoh out this early, but Mizunami looked good and I’m looking forward to seeing more of her

Kong/Kadokura - Never seen Rin Kadokura and she’s just so damn cute. Curious to see what Kong could do and she brought a lot of big veteran energy with her facial expressions and her striking. She looked great for being largely immobile. Rin Kadokura did most of the working, but everything Kong did was intentional and had purpose. I enjoyed this a lot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    For me, that passion from JR just doesn't come out enough. And when it's not there, the smarmy JR comes out that just grates on me. Because it comes off more like what I'd expect from a WWE commentary booth, where he'll make some personal remark or jab at one of the other commentators. And when he's not doing that, he just reminisces about the old days. And there is legitimately something between he and Excalibur where it's like JR is actually jealous of how knowledgeable he is because when he's not making fun of him, he has to put over that he knows his shit.

And it's like JR, we get it: you know your shit. But you also didn't really care about non-WWE wrestling for like 10+ years and we get it. Just accept someone knows something you don't and move forward.

I'll admit, though, that I appreciate he does still put a lot of effort into putting the younger talent over. It's again a thing where I think he feels he has to put his stamp all over it, but I appreciate that he still understands the function of his job and obviously cares about the product being good.
    I highly doubt Jim Ross of all people is jealous of anything about Excalibur. Whether that's his "knowledge" or whatever else you want to add to the list.

Truth is, JR is collecting a check. Like 90% of the established people in this company. Every one of them are phoning it in and they're still doing it better than those assumed to have all this passion and knowledge. JR being at the booth, instant credibility but there's a price-he is old, he has made it known he's not really about this life like he was 15 years ago.

But again, he sure as shit isn't "jealous" of anyone he's working with because everyone knows he's the man. There's a level of respect he's earned and I think we need to ultimately stop being marks and be realistic. Seriously....Jim Ross has been doing this forever, his family will be financially set for decades, and if people like Tony Khan want to keep giving these former WWE guys 6-7 figures to be a parody of their WWE personas then let it happen. If it's anything like the 90's we'll have at least 2 years of good wrestling lol.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I highly doubt Jim Ross of all people is jealous of anything about Excalibur. Whether that's his "knowledge" or whatever else you want to add to the list.

Truth is, JR is collecting a check. Like 90% of the established people in this company. Every one of them are phoning it in and they're still doing it better than those assumed to have all this passion and knowledge. JR being at the booth, instant credibility but there's a price-he is old, he has made it known he's not really about this life like he was 15 years ago.

But again, he sure as shit isn't "jealous" of anyone he's working with because everyone knows he's the man. There's a level of respect he's earned and I think we need to ultimately stop being marks and be realistic. Seriously....Jim Ross has been doing this forever, his family will be financially set for decades, and if people like Tony Khan want to keep giving these former WWE guys 6-7 figures to be a parody of their WWE personas then let it happen. If it's anything like the 90's we'll have at least 2 years of good wrestling lol.
    Jealous might not have been the right word, but it's the tone which he always feels like he needs to put over how he knows his shit, too. I get that he's just probably there no matter what, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call out what I think is bad commentary.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always liked Yuka Sakazaki for her aesthetic, but damn, she actually looked good here. Not sure if she's improved, working with better dance partners, or if the AEW environment was just too different, but I dug.

I agree with Hero! that the second match was much more hard-hitting, though. Again, Sakura looking even better than she had in AEW, with VENY looking really strong against her. I could really feel some of those shots, and I felt like VENY was really coming out to be fairly dominant over Sakura.

I'll have the watch the other two matches later, but pretty fun start to the first round so far.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Jealous might not have been the right word, but it's the tone which he always feels like he needs to put over how he knows his shit, too. I get that he's just probably there no matter what, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call out what I think is bad commentary.
    For me to even understand where you're coming from we would need to sit down and watch a few episodes together because to me it sounds like you're reading way too deep in a man's tone. It's one to call out JR, it's another to imply he's a certain way toward another person in the booth. Especially in a negative fashion. I'll be honest, Excalibur is whack. Hardly anyone praises him, I get that there are people who have a soft spot for the guy because of his PWG announcing or his colorful choice of words in wrestling "storylines". But if you think JR is coming at him a certain way it might be for the best.

JR might not be JR 1998 but he still has way more knowledge about this business than anyone in AEW. Maybe you were one of those people offended by his comments about AEW, idk. The fact is, Excalibur should be thankful he's under the learning tree of Jim Ross and even to an extent Tony Schiavone and Taz.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me to even understand where you're coming from we would need to sit down and watch a few episodes together because to me it sounds like you're reading way too deep in a man's tone. It's one to call out JR, it's another to imply he's a certain way toward another person in the booth. Especially in a negative fashion. I'll be honest, Excalibur is whack. Hardly anyone praises him, I get that there are people who have a soft spot for the guy because of his PWG announcing or his colorful choice of words in wrestling "storylines". But if you think JR is coming at him a certain way it might be for the best.

JR might not be JR 1998 but he still has way more knowledge about this business than anyone in AEW. Maybe you were one of those people offended by his comments about AEW, idk. The fact is, Excalibur should be thankful he's under the learning tree of Jim Ross and even to an extent Tony Schiavone and Taz.
    If I had the energy, I'd go and try to find examples of what I'm talking about. He has toned down on it in recent weeks, so maybe it's a moot point by now. But during the first year, there were a lot of moments where Excalibur would name a move either using lucha lingo or it just being a move that JR didn't know how to call, and it felt like JR went out of his way to make some comment about how it was a weird name or had to make it seem like he knew more.

Maybe it's just a personal preference that no one agrees with. But I actually like Excalibur and think he brings a lot to the booth with his encyclopedia-like knowledge of wrestling. Whereas I think JR is over the hill and the nostalgic shine wore off a long time ago. I'm not saying Excalibur can't learn something from JR or whether or not he should be thankful to work with him. But for me, JR's style has no more appeal. He has moments where he's good, but other than a familiar voice, he doesn't add much to the product that doesn't involve him trying to have his own unique spin on things. Like how he constantly tries to shove the "Jungle Jack Perry" thing down our throats despite Jungle Boy having said in interviews that he'd rather not rely on his father's name.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    really hope they just put the tag titles on santana and ortiz tonight. plays into the inner circle storyline and the bucks are too involved in the bullet club/tna storyline (which i'm still totally uninterested in) to the detriment of the belts.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cody has 2 matches at Revolution?

Shaq Match and a ladder match?

Mike Sydal sucks. I still love Matt though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan needs to pay whatever it takes to get Onita to be guest referee

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Deeb vs. Riho match was actually really good. Riho should have sold that busted up leg a little more, but overall i enjoyed the match.
    Is Cody playing Shaq and Jade in a 2 on 2 basketball game? I was confused at that Jade clip lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTR easily the best Tag Team in AEW

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    Cody has 2 matches at Revolution?

Shaq Match and a ladder match?

Mike Sydal sucks. I still love Matt though.
    the shaq match is on the dynamite before the ppv.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Fuck onita, I want big bicep tony to go full mark mode and pay corporal kirshner to put on his Super Leather gimmick again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, not a big deal. It's weird what people will run with like it's some big deal. Jim Ross called matches for the WWE damn near 20 years and called AEW matches for a year while half awake and drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Fuck onita, I want big bicep tony to go full mark mode and pay corporal kirshner to put on his Super Leather gimmick again.
    Hey, now you guys are speaking my language. Other than the "Fuck onita" part lol.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "fuck onita" as in, i love onita, but hearing that TK is a W*ING mark immediately makes me want to see SUPER LEATHER

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "fuck onita" as in, i love onita, but hearing that TK is a W*ING mark immediately makes me want to see SUPER LEATHER
    Naw, bring back Mr Gannosuke and put Hayabusa's mask on Sabu. Recreate the best storyline in FMW history. Nothing against W*ING, good shit but not as dope as FMW. IWA Japan was dope too. I always get those 3 blurred together at times and just have to remember W*ING didn't last very long.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow, i thought FOR SURE that gannosuke was dead, but nope, just retired.

I love all the 90s japan deathmatch companies. They were so fucking extra with everything

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, i thought FOR SURE that gannosuke was dead, but nope, just retired.

I love all the 90s japan deathmatch companies. They were so fucking extra with everything
    I was lucky to have a friend who was the baby of his family by 15 years so his parents would let him order all types of videotapes. This dude also had internet in 1995 so in the late 90's this dude was tape trading and shit like that. He had a couple tapes that were nothing but FMW and Big Japan that we would watch with our math teacher in class. This old guy who was probably in his 60's at the time lol. Memories.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how legit is this story about Sammy Guevara wanting to the win the X Division title, show up on Dynamite with it, but then never lose it? He wanted them to just vacate it, not wanting to put someone over just win it and be gone lol.

If it's true then my rant stays. Do you think he had that mentality because of how the talent are basically running the show in AEW? Did he feel like Impact was beneath even a Sammy Guervara to where he didn't feel like doing the job? I mean, I'm already reading shit about how AEW talent kind of had an arrogance to themselves when they should up to do some Impact shows but that could just be bullshit obviously.

Just seems like a weird hill to die on.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Anna Jay is out 6-12 months with a shoulder injury.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frick, that's a bummer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    The Deeb vs. Riho match was actually really good. Riho should have sold that busted up leg a little more, but overall i enjoyed the match.
    Is Cody playing Shaq and Jade in a 2 on 2 basketball game? I was confused at that Jade clip lol
    I feel like there are two schools of selling. School #1: as soon as an injury is established, you continuously sell it the rest of the match and it limits what you can do. School #2: even if an injury is established you can still work like normal, but every time the body part is targeted, you need to really sell the hell out of it. Riho went with the latter approach.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Anna Jay is out 6-12 months with a shoulder injury.
    Every report I've seen said TOP AEW STAR Anna Jay. Put some respect on her nickname.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So how legit is this story about Sammy Guevara wanting to the win the X Division title, show up on Dynamite with it, but then never lose it? He wanted them to just vacate it, not wanting to put someone over just win it and be gone lol.

If it's true then my rant stays. Do you think he had that mentality because of how the talent are basically running the show in AEW? Did he feel like Impact was beneath even a Sammy Guervara to where he didn't feel like doing the job? I mean, I'm already reading shit about how AEW talent kind of had an arrogance to themselves when they should up to do some Impact shows but that could just be bullshit obviously.

Just seems like a weird hill to die on.
    Bryan Alvarez spoke about this subject during Wrestling Observer Live. He revealed a side of the story that came from someone closer to Sammy Guevara’s side. It seems that Guevara was trying to protect his character and make sense out of things, but Impact Wrestling had their own logic about the situation that they didn’t want altered.

“Sammy’s side of the story was not that he was going to win three matches on Impact. He would lose a match, he would get beaten down, he would ultimately win a match, and then he would be beaten down afterward.”

“It was also said that they wanted him to be in tag matches, but he didn’t want to be in tag matches because the whole storyline on Dynamite is that he’s splitting from the Inner Circle and he’s going it alone. Apparently, in his mind it was, ‘If the storyline is that I’m going it alone then why would I go to Impact and do tag matches?’ Apparently, he told people that he was upset with this idea and he wanted to win the X Division Title and then never lose it. He had an idea that involved him winning the X Division Title, but not that he wouldn’t lose it, not that he would go back to AEW, not that he would be stripped or anything, but the point is that they weren’t going for any of these ideas.”
    I do understand him not wanting to work tag matches at impact. That makes no sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do understand him not wanting to work tag matches at impact. That makes no sense.
    I mean, ultimately who the fuck is this kid to even think he has stroke? lol. I did hear on Keeping it 100 that apparently this kid has been trouble in the past working for Konnan and others.

Has anyone not involved with the Bullet Club from Impact actually kicked anyone's ass from AEW?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mean, ultimately who the fuck is this kid to even think he has stroke? lol. I did hear on Keeping it 100 that apparently this kid has been trouble in the past working for Konnan and others.

Has anyone not involved with the Bullet Club from Impact actually kicked anyone's ass from AEW?
    Does it make sense to work tag matches in impact when he just left the inner circle on AEW specifically saying he wanted to be alone?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it make sense to work tag matches in impact when he just left the inner circle on AEW specifically saying he wanted to be alone?
    I guess it depends on the context of why he would be in a tag-team. The fact the little fucker didn't even show up, we'll never know. He could have been in a tag-team match with another singles guy to further a future 1 on 1 match with whoever they were facing.

Who was he supposed to team up with? If he was going to Impact to team up with Jericho and be the tag-team champions, sure. But again, nothing happened so we have no clue what they had planned for him. For all we know it was 1 tag-team match.

I love his alternative idea. Let me win the X division title and then I'll go back to AEW, w/o the belt, and you guys just vacate it and make a new champ. Zero payoff, just something for this mark to go "Hey I was Impact X division champion and never lost it" well yeah, because you think you're somebody. If your show is only getting 6-700k in viewership a week, you ain't shit.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I guess it depends on the context of why he would be in a tag-team. The fact the little fucker didn't even show up, we'll never know. He could have been in a tag-team match with another singles guy to further a future 1 on 1 match with whoever they were facing.

Who was he supposed to team up with? If he was going to Impact to team up with Jericho and be the tag-team champions, sure. But again, nothing happened so we have no clue what they had planned for him. For all we know it was 1 tag-team match.

I love his alternative idea. Let me win the X division title and then I'll go back to AEW, w/o the belt, and you guys just vacate it and make a new champ. Zero payoff, just something for this mark to go "Hey I was Impact X division champion and never lost it" well yeah, because you think you're somebody. If your show is only getting 6-700k in viewership a week, you ain't shit.
    He was supposed to team with Decay like Black Taurus ended up doing. Black Taurus is a way better fit. Reports said Impact told him not to come after they talked to Tony Kahn, it's not like he no showed. The wording on a lot of the quote gets confusing but it just sounds like he wanted singles matches in the x-divison if he was doing something with impact, which again I feel like makes sense. This quote is very confusing.

“Sammy’s side of the story was not that he was going to win three matches on Impact. He would lose a match, he would get beaten down, he would ultimately win a match, and then he would be beaten down afterward.”
    It says he would lose a match, get beaten down. Win a match and get beaten down again. A lot of context missing about who would beat him down exactly.

He had an idea that involved him winning the X Division Title, but not that he wouldn’t lose it, not that he would go back to AEW, not that he would be stripped or anything, but the point is that they weren’t going for any of these ideas.”
    So he wins the title, he would lose it, he wouldn't go back to AEW with it, he wouldn't have to be stripped of it.

Again the quote could have been a lot clearer instead of just saying not this not that over and over again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was supposed to team with Decay like Black Taurus ended up doing. Black Taurus is a way better fit. Reports said Impact told him not to come after they talked to Tony Kahn, it's not like he no showed. The wording on a lot of the quote gets confusing but it just sounds like he wanted singles matches in the x-divison if he was doing something with impact, which again I feel like makes sense. This quote is very confusing.

It says he would lose a match, get beaten down. Win a match and get beaten down again. A lot of context missing about who would beat him down exactly.

So he wins the title, he would lose it, he wouldn't go back to AEW with it, he wouldn't have to be stripped of it.

Again the quote could have been a lot clearer instead of just saying not this not that over and over again.
    Yeah the reports are confusing that's why I was like, ok what is actually going on. A lot of my negative outlook on his approach stems from listening to Keeping it 100 talking about Sammy being a pain in the ass so to speak when doing shows for Konnan and other places.

And again, context is everything. Was it just going to be him randomly teaming up with the Decay, no storyline? Was he going to join the stable? It'll be interesting if we ever get the full details and honestly this is about as much as I'll keep talking about it. I've just been LOLing more than usual about this whole AEW/Impact relationship.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Loved the Team Taz/Sting & Darby segment. Best thing Sting's been involved in since joining AEW.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Yeah, by far. I wonder if they were waiting on medical clearance for him to do anything physical all those weeks he literally just came out and stood there

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm annoyed at Brian Cage for moving out of the way when Darby was coming down the zipline. He should have took the bump.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hook in the body bag, Darby on the zip line, Stinger splash...all just...MUAH!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading these comments I can see why hardly anyone watches wrestling anymore.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Huh?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh?
    AFTER READING THESE COMMENTS I CAN SEE WHY HARDLY ANYONE WATCHES WRESTLING ANYMORE.

Such as...

Hook in the body bag, Darby on the zip line, Stinger splash...all just...MUAH!
    And many others just over the last year or so. If this is what is considered greatness, then it's settled. Nobody gives a shit enough about pro wrestling so just do whatever and hope it works.

I mean, Mox couldn't even put on his gear he just rolled out of bed, threw on some sweats, and had a 50/50 match with a fucking jobber. But thank God for old ass Sting. He took a powerbomb and it was the biggest news story since Bin Laden was killed.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Everything okay at home, ND?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's the weirdest complain i've heard from you, Nash.

"people enjoyed this segment, so wrestling is shit now" ?

edit: are you saying that people's expectation are really low?
    Last edited by Hero!; February 25th, 2021 at 2:33 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything okay at home, ND?
    You should know I tuck you in every night and make you and your family breakfast. Geez, shows how much I'm appreciated at the Ringo household. You're sleeping on the couch tonight.

That's the weirdest complain i've heard from you, Nash.

"people enjoyed this segment, so wrestling is shit now" ?
    If that's the weirdest complaint.....well you have been kind of MIA over the last couple years so it's understandable if THIS was the weirdest lol.

I'm literally saying that yes, people who enjoyed this segment, among others, means that wrestling is never going to build back up if this is the shit "people" are so into.

OMG Sting showed up. Dude you're the ninja always cracking on people because of their age and here you are, blowing 65 year old Sting because he could barely drag a 20lbs sack of shit.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If that's the weirdest complaint.....well you have been kind of MIA over the last couple years so it's understandable if THIS was the weirdest lol.

I'm literally saying that yes, people who enjoyed this segment, among others, means that wrestling is never going to build back up if this is the shit "people" are so into.

OMG Sting showed up. Dude you're the ninja always cracking on people because of their age and here you are, blowing 65 year old Sting because he could barely drag a 20lbs sack of shit.
    Um, I thought the entire segment was just very well put together. Hook was in the bodybag which distracted Taz. Then Darby ziplines down from the ceiling and takes out Starks and Sting takes on Cage and hits a move we haven't seen him do in years.

It's a segment where the babyfaces looked smart and played their cards right to even out the 2 vs 4 situation. It was cool and had a lot of thought put into it.

it's not like goldberg just coming back and beating all the young talent. Sting clearly can't take on guys like Cage or Starks by himself, but if he uses his veteran instinct to outsmart them...well, it works out like it did last night.

I don't know how that translates into "shit that people are into".

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, I thought the entire segment was just very well put together. Hook was in the bodybag which distracted Taz. Then Darby ziplines down from the ceiling and takes out Starks and Sting takes on Cage and hits a move we haven't seen him do in years.

It's a segment where the babyfaces looked smart and played their cards right to even out the 2 vs 4 situation. It was cool and had a lot of thought put into it.

it's not like goldberg just coming back and beating all the young talent. Sting clearly can't take on guys like Cage or Starks by himself, but if he uses his veteran instinct to outsmart them...well, it works out like it did last night.

I don't know how that translates into "shit that people are into".
    So it would be ok if Goldberg was teamed up with someone beating all the "young" talent? Fuck Goldberg too. Tony Khan was going to have him re-create the streak in AEW so be thankful for that.

I guess now Sting can go out on his own terms for the 50th time as he cashes a 7 figure paycheck to stand around like a jerk off. Fuck him and his born again Christian excuses. Joel Olsteen says hi Sting, thanks for the merch.

And do you know why you haven't seen him do a (horrible) reverse DDT in years? Because according to him he could no longer wrestle, so why would he? Were you marking out when Ricky Morton's crackhead ass did a Canadian Destroyer because we hadn't seen Ricky piledriver anyone let alone flip in decades.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it would be ok if Goldberg was teamed up with someone beating all the "young" talent? Fuck Goldberg too. Tony Khan was going to have him re-create the streak in AEW so be thankful for that.

I guess now Sting can go out on his own terms for the 50th time as he cashes a 7 figure paycheck to stand around like a jerk off. Fuck him and his born again Christian excuses. Joel Olsteen says hi Sting, thanks for the merch.

And do you know why you haven't seen him do a (horrible) reverse DDT in years? Because according to him he could no longer wrestle, so why would he? Were you marking out when Ricky Morton's crackhead ass did a Canadian Destroyer because we hadn't seen Ricky piledriver anyone let alone flip in decades.
    You, ok? You feel like you wanna throw up?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

wtf

I was talking about the stinger splash

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wtf

I was talking about the stinger splash
    Even worse. You should've talked about the Scorpion Death Drop that looked 100x better than Stingk with his 2" of air he got on that splash.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    You, ok? You feel like you wanna throw up?

When I read some of these super marks for AEW that ruin AEW for me, I'm more like this ninja:

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who do you guys think is the "hall of fame worthy" signing that Paul Wight was talking about? I'm thinking Christian. It's well known Vince undervalues him, a lot of the AEW guys were just on Twitter saying how great he was, and it was always a running joke on the e&c pod about him never going into the hall of fame. I guess we'll see if he gets moved to the alumni section of wwe.com.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's either R Truth or Alicia Fox.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also been hearing Kurt Angle in AEW...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fantastic dynamite this week. Banger match after banger match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever it is, $200 in internet money says if they showed up on WWE programming people would cry. Seriously. I try to watch AEW and be interactive with fans of the product but I'm starting to feel like Josh Matthews on Tough Enough where he couldn't watch Raw with the other housemates. Why? They're fucking morons.

Fantastic dynamite this week. Banger match after banger match.
    Stop it. This wasn't funny when you did it for Impact and it's even worse with you doing it for AEW.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Stop it. This wasn't funny when you did it for Impact and it's even worse with you doing it for AEW.
    what? there were 4 excellent matches last night. you're very weird.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who do you guys think is the "hall of fame worthy" signing that Paul Wight was talking about? I'm thinking Christian. It's well known Vince undervalues him, a lot of the AEW guys were just on Twitter saying how great he was, and it was always a running joke on the e&c pod about him never going into the hall of fame. I guess we'll see if he gets moved to the alumni section of wwe.com.
    Vince just didn't see him as a main eventer. Is that a crime? He had a phenomenal run in WWE and wasn't treated like a jabroni. He was always in the mix, always delivered. I don't see it but if he did good for him getting a huge check. I'd actually be pretty excited to see him wrestle against some people like Kenny Omega, honestly anyone coming from the WWE world that's over 40, the only guy I really care to see them wrestle is Kenny Omega. I've seen them wrestle everyone else I like.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    also, wtf? I love impact and still think it's a great weekly show.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW was great from top to bottom last night. I don't understand Nash's constant cynicism. Super excited for this weekend. Huge UFC card followed by what should be a great PPV.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW was great from top to bottom last night. I don't understand Nash's constant cynicism. Super excited for this weekend. Huge UFC card followed by what should be a great PPV.
    I'm just more difficult to please. There's no cynicism. I just don't get over the top with my praise for a show that came across like ECW on TNN.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just more difficult to please. There's no cynicism. I just don't get over the top with my praise for a show that came across like ECW on TNN.
    Explain how it came across like ECW on TNN.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whoever it is, they'll pop AEW a big rating for a week or two and then it will be the same old same old.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the episode as well. It wasn't spectacular, but i thought it was great.

Whenever AEW has a huge announcement, it's usually a stinker. "This man is hall of fame worthy," let's hope so.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Whoever it is, they'll pop AEW a big rating for a week or two and then it will be the same old same old.
    Yup, pretty much.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    I enjoyed the episode as well. It wasn't spectacular, but i thought it was great.

Whenever AEW has a huge announcement, it's usually a stinker. "This man is hall of fame worthy," let's hope so.
    Considering Koko B. Ware, Kid Rock, Snoop Dogg, and Bushwhacker Luke are in the hall of fame, it could really be anybody.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain how it came across like ECW on TNN.
    ECW on TNN was a show that you would watch and 90% of the matches had no rhyme or reason. You had people coming out still trying to do the anti-WWE promo that by 1999-2000 nobody wanted to hear.

Last night you have this stupid fucking Shaq stuff and it was the same shit we normally see. Some old dude comes out and beats everyone's ass with ease. Cody bodyslams Shaq I was like, what the fuck? Why? LOL. Dusty Rhodes didn't green light any of this horseshit.

More nobodies v Lucha Bros in some spot shit that nobody came out looking like anything lol. It was like watching Doring/Roadkill v. Nova/Chetti for the 100th time.

The press conference was probably the only non-ECW on TNN thing but it was still corny. Anything involving the Young Bucks has been 100% cringe. I feel so bad for MJF and Jericho, well not Jericho fuck that guy. I swear to God when watching this when the Young Bucks started blowing their dad I about slit my throat.

The 6-man reminded me that Marko Stunt isn't Spike Dudley. The main event was terrible. Like I said, ECW on TNN. The only match that was worth a damn was the Lucha Bros match simply because who doesn't love those guys? That was your RVD/Sabu moment, the only reason people seemed to tune in to ECW on TNN.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Kahn from AEW Unrestricted
    “He told the world, and it’s true, that there’s going to be a big star signed with AEW. He’s coming here and it’s absolutely true what Paul said, this Sunday, a major star in the world of wrestling. A huge star is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the pay-per-view. So, I can confirm what Paul said is true—and I’m not talking about the person in the ladder match. I’m talking about—we have a fun sixth person in the ladder match, but the person that I’m saying is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW, the person that Paul referenced, that’s not the sixth person in the ladder match.
    I'm really hoping the sixth guy in the ladder match is Ethan Page.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I think it's inevitable that it's going to be him tbh.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Considering Koko B. Ware, Kid Rock, Snoop Dogg, and Bushwhacker Luke are in the hall of fame, it could really be anybody.
    Well they've had Snoop Dogg already so I assume with all the Trumpers getting so much camera time it's gotta be Donald Trump.

Or it'll be someone who is barely in their 40's that isn't in the WWE Hall of Fame. Because as you know, the only hall of fame that apparently matters is Vince's lol.

I'm going to say it's Trump or Trump Jr. Imagine how many Magas down in FL will turn out for an AEW event if those guys are in the mix.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the person Big Show was talking about is under the age of 45 I'll eat my favorite hat. It's a Wolfpac Sting hat that I got from Spencer's back in 1998-1999.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ECW on TNN was a show that you would watch and 90% of the matches had no rhyme or reason. You had people coming out still trying to do the anti-WWE promo that by 1999-2000 nobody wanted to hear.

Last night you have this stupid fucking Shaq stuff and it was the same shit we normally see. Some old dude comes out and beats everyone's ass with ease. Cody bodyslams Shaq I was like, what the fuck? Why? LOL. Dusty Rhodes didn't green light any of this horseshit.

More nobodies v Lucha Bros in some spot shit that nobody came out looking like anything lol. It was like watching Doring/Roadkill v. Nova/Chetti for the 100th time.

The press conference was probably the only non-ECW on TNN thing but it was still corny. Anything involving the Young Bucks has been 100% cringe. I feel so bad for MJF and Jericho, well not Jericho fuck that guy. I swear to God when watching this when the Young Bucks started blowing their dad I about slit my throat.

The 6-man reminded me that Marko Stunt isn't Spike Dudley. The main event was terrible. Like I said, ECW on TNN. The only match that was worth a damn was the Lucha Bros match simply because who doesn't love those guys? That was your RVD/Sabu moment, the only reason people seemed to tune in to ECW on TNN.
    Most of the matches have storylines involved so I don't know how you can say they're for no rhyme or reason.

I thought Shaq was going to be shit but he actually did really good. Not Pat Mcafee good, but good. Jade Cargill also looks like a star, just keep her off the mic.

It was Pac and Fenix not Lucha Bros, it was to show how dominant they are before the tag team battle royale on Sunday.

This is the first Matt Jackson promo where I actually believed what he was saying, the bucks aren't great at promos. That's a lot of people in AEWs problem, besides a handful like Moxley and Kingston. I find Omegas promos corny too. It's better for him if Callis is his mouth piece.

I didn't want Nyla to win because I think she's slow and green but I don't understand why she didn't win because I don't think anyone cares about Ryo. If it wasn't going to be Nyla it should have been Britt Baker.

The 6 man was good. FTR make everyone they work with better. Old man tully working the tiny boy made a lot of sense. Jungle Boy is really good on his own.

John Silver is great and Adam Page is a star.

It sounds like you just don't like tag matches really.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the matches have storylines involved so I don't know how you can say they're for no rhyme or reason.

I thought Shaq was going to be shit but he actually did really good. Not Pat Mcafee good, but good. Jade Cargill also looks like a star, just keep her off the mic.

It was Pac and Fenix not Lucha Bros, it was to show how dominant they are before the tag team battle royale on Sunday.

This is the first Matt Jackson promo where I actually believed what he was saying, the bucks aren't great at promos. That's a lot of people in AEWs problem, besides a handful like Moxley and Kingston. I find Omegas promos corny too. It's better for him if Callis is his mouth piece.

I didn't want Nyla to win because I think she's slow and green but I don't understand why she didn't win because I don't think anyone cares about Ryo. If it wasn't going to be Nyla it should have been Britt Baker.

The 6 man was good. FTR make everyone they work with better. Old man tully working the tiny boy made a lot of sense. Jungle Boy is really good on his own.

John Silver is great and Adam Page is a star.

It sounds like you just don't like tag matches really.
    You were right it was Pac and Fenix, I knew that didn't look right when I typed it but I'm so used to Lucha being together.

It sounds like I just don't jerk off to every episode of Dynamite and like I do in every other thread, if I see some over the top bullshit I speak on it. The praise for this show, and other AEW shows, are just so ridiculous.

I love tag wrestling. Just not what I saw last night other than 1 match.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If the person Big Show was talking about is under the age of 45 I'll eat my favorite hat. It's a Wolfpac Sting hat that I got from Spencer's back in 1998-1999.
    Of course it's someone older. Why else would he say "hall of fame worthy", someone like Ricochet or Cesaro wouldn't meet that criteria even if they didn't resign contracts.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's gonna be Diddy. He performed at WrestleMania 29, making him hall of fame worthy. Big Show and Diddy vs. Shaq and Snoop at Fyter Fest.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it's someone older. Why else would he say "hall of fame worthy", someone like Ricochet or Cesaro wouldn't meet that criteria even if they didn't resign contracts.
    So Randy Orton isn't Hall of Fame worthy?

Yeah you're taking 2 midcard guys and saying they're not hall of fame worthy, but you can still be in your 20's and 30's and be considered "hall of fame worthy" John Cena, Brock, shit even Orton were hall of fame worthy by the time they were 30. There are people, like Edge, who were inducted in the WWE hall of fame before they turned 40.

Regardless, it'll be a WWE wrestler.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I have no idea what happened with Wight and WWE but I think it's a damn shame after the run he had there it ended with moved to alumni with no fan fare.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah gawd it's The Roc- Dwayne Johnson!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I have no idea what happened with Wight and WWE but I think it's a damn shame after the run he had there it ended with moved to alumni with no fan fare.
    Well like you said, you have no idea what happened so don't worry about "fan fare" I mean, is it normal for the WWE to do a send off for talent? Where was the fan fare for Gerald Briscoe when he was released? What about Jim Ross? He was there for 20+.

I mean, it sounds like he didn't want a send off and I doubt WWE were going to say "Hey before you go to AEW let's do something special" Dean Ambrose already lied to them about what he was going to do, that's why they did the Shield thing. Then like 2 days later he signs with AEW lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Jade's tag match and I gotta say... she came off looking like the biggest star in the ring. She was destined to be the biggest train wreck of all time, but she came off as pretty impressive. Shaq did fantastic as well, but that was Jade's match.

Needs to be said again, but Rey Fenix is phenomenal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Saw the Shaq match and it really wasn't bad. Loved his chops and the table bump was great. Red Velvet worked hard and Jade Cargill... well, her look is incredible, there's no debating that. Better than I expected given how shitty this whole angle has been. Bit disappointed in Shaq's wrestling gear, thought he might've had something fun made.

That said, I've been watching '97 Raw & Nitro over the last few months and I reached Dennis Rodman's initial run recently... so this whole thing with Shaq and Cargill looks especially weak in comparison to that.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    also been hearing Kurt Angle in AEW...
    Well that was the fiirst name that popped into my head although Ive read Mick Foley on the threads and that makes sense with the 'exploding barbed wire death match' (does the barbed wire explode as theyre saying?)

now onto there review:

Shaq was fine...did some decent big man slaps, needs to work on falling to the floor some, but some big wrestlers never get that down with confidence and/or grace. Shaq did fall well with Cody through the two tables though. I think it was a missed opportunity not having him confront paul
    wight though. possibly due to Wight's no compete clause, which might have about 50-60 days remaining on it. So. perhaps Sunday or down the line.
    How is Red Velvet 5-0 with nine matches wrestled when Ive never seen her on Dynamite?
    She only wrestles on the B show that doesnt even have a tv contract, but we are supposed to buy her as a top talent? The booker needs to do a better job although I understand she was a replacement for a pregnant Brandi....
    Now, Jade CanKillAGoodMatch:
    Yes, I know she could be called 'green'. but, watching her, her every move, lack of selling, as Jim Ross pointed out, "The world revolves around her" and not in a good way.
    Instincts so bad, physical movements so bad and jerky, I say no way to her making it as a wrestler of any competency.

Other matches, loved Tully, FTR and the missing Spears (doing much better in aew than wwe lol) coming out as the hidden evil cameraman, all while being escorted by JJ Dillion. Anybody say 4 Horsemen? are they allowed to?
    can you sue somebody and claim you own copyrights to a phrase thats almost 2000 years old from the bible? Or was used in tandem with Notre Dame football back in the 1920's?
    it would be a tough lawsuit to win imo but them not mentioning the phrase "4 Horsemen" shows AEW must fear legal action as our legal system certainly doesnt recognize the bible these days.

Speaking of the bible, Im no Bucks fan, but Ive heard they are christian believers and it was wonderful to hear them honoring their father (even in the midst of that absurd angle) for their faith, compassion, love, empathy - all the things Jericho and MJF were missing from their fathers. Sadly, too much of that going around the world these daze. Sigh...

Sting took the power bomb like a champ, good to see his neck is pretty solid although you never know with these things.

One more thing, what happened to Chuck's real partner? Did his mom take him home in her mini-van?
    The guy's been gone with no mention for several months now. Knee? Ankle? Spine? Concussion or two?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the Shaq match and it really wasn't bad. Loved his chops and the table bump was great. Red Velvet worked hard and Jade Cargill... well, her look is incredible, there's no debating that. Better than I expected given how shitty this whole angle has been. Bit disappointed in Shaq's wrestling gear, thought he might've had something fun made.

That said, I've been watching '97 Raw & Nitro over the last few months and I reached Dennis Rodman's initial run recently... so this whole thing with Shaq and Cargill looks especially weak in comparison to that.
    If this was 1997, or even 2007, Shaq would have been a huge deal. It was huge for WWE when he kept pretending he wanted to fight Big Show. We all love Shaq (I think) but even back in the mid 90's with WCW when he showed up with Hogan, it didn't really matter. Which is very strange because it was what, 2 years later and Rodman was there? Then Malone. Rodman just fit though, he was definitely nWo before nWo was a thing.

So idk, maybe Shaq in the world of NBA=huge deal. Shaq in wrestling.....I think we wanted 10-15 years ago, now it's kind of like, well, better late than never.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Trent's out with a pectoral injury for a few months.

Overall I think that Dynamite feels a bit all over the place in comparison to where it was even a few months ago. A lot less well planned out. But what sets it apart is just how much FUN everyone seems to be having. Last night we had Shaquille O'Neal going through tables, Eric Bischoff and Conrad Thompson making appearances, Tully Blanchard rocking the classic US title on his way to the ring accompanied by JJ Dillon, JR and Schiavone having fun on commentary, ATSUSHI ONITA, Big Show giving a good promo, amongst other things.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall I think that Dynamite feels a bit all over the place in comparison to where it was even a few months ago. A lot less well planned out. But what sets it apart is just how much FUN everyone seems to be having. Last night we had Shaquille O'Neal going through tables, Eric Bischoff and Conrad Thompson making appearances, Tully Blanchard rocking the classic US title on his way to the ring accompanied by JJ Dillon, JR and Schiavone having fun on commentary, ATSUSHI ONITA, Big Show giving a good promo, amongst other things.
    You have to admit though that's it not a great thing if someone rattles off that kind of list and nowhere do we see "AEW talent Marko Stunt had a good match, I liked what they did with Fenix, etc." Everything you praised had nothing to do with AEW.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So you had two women take a rather long time setting up a couple of tables, Cody no selling a powerbomb from Shaq, Shaq just standing on the middle of the apron for no logical reason? At least the women seemed to be doing well in the ring.

Big Show said Evolution instead of Revolution, could it be Batista on Sunday, or did he pull a Jeremy Piven?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the booking of the Women's Eliminator. They've been building to a match between Baker and Rosa and then Nyla beats them both. Those two should have been in the semifinals. Then Ryo, who's not even signed, wins the whole thing. She's good, but I would have figured they want to push their own talent. And how long are they going to keep the belt on Shida? She's held it for almost a year. She's great in the ring, but limited in what they can do story wise. They need to pull the trigger on Baker and set up some decent feuds.

When people ask whether talent is better off in WWE or AEW, all you have to do is look at the smile on Big Show's face last night. He was beaming.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Rosa losing to Nyla made no sense and Ryo being the ultimate victor was an even more big head scratcher. They brought up her past w/ Shida, but... ok who cares? They have a respectful hatred for each other, cool, but Thunder would have been money. I feel like this kind of brick walled her momentum.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I don't get the booking of the Women's Eliminator. They've been building to a match between Baker and Rosa and then Nyla beats them both. Those two should have been in the semifinals. Then Ryo, who's not even signed, wins the whole thing. She's good, but I would have figured they want to push their own talent. And how long are they going to keep the belt on Shida? She's held it for almost a year. She's great in the ring, but limited in what they can do story wise. They need to pull the trigger on Baker and set up some decent feuds.

When people ask whether talent is better off in WWE or AEW, all you have to do is look at the smile on Big Show's face last night. He was beaming.
    Oh man I was wondering when Captain AEW was going to chime in.

This is probably the dumbest thing you've ever said and you say a lot of dumb shit when it comes to praising AEW.

Babyface Big Show was constantly smiling it was ridiculous. Heel Big Show shouldn't be smiling. Think about this way. The guy was coming out to PLEASE RETIRE chants. The WWE scale back on using him because he's 50 and people complain 24/7 about how WWE (not AEW) use too many people from the past.

I'd be smiling too if I was given 6-7 figures at that stage in my wrestling career to do nothing. Did you ever watch TNA? or WCW? Same shit different child with an open checkbook.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Yeah, Rosa losing to Nyla made no sense and Ryo being the ultimate victor was an even more big head scratcher. They brought up her past w/ Shida, but... ok who cares? They have a respectful hatred for each other, cool, but Thunder would have been money. I feel like this kind of brick walled her momentum.
    Ryo is dating Kenny Omega, who books the women's division. And to be honest, the women's division has been the worst part about AEW. Extremely frustrating. I'm not even a fan of Britt Baker, I think she belongs in the Melina-Kelly Kelly era of women's wrestling but she's the best they have by a mile. The novelty of Nyla Jax has wore off, Thunder Rosa belongs to NWA, and everyone else....Damn shame they don't have Kong but she's up there in age too.

AEW needs to get some of the WWE women over there because the non-WWE women are few and far between in terms of talent.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    You have to admit though that's it not a great thing if someone rattles off that kind of list and nowhere do we see "AEW talent Marko Stunt had a good match, I liked what they did with Fenix, etc." Everything you praised had nothing to do with AEW.
    Well it does in the sense that AEW are presenting this stuff on their show. I think we can give AEW some credit for using Tully, Paul Wight or Onita in the way they did/are even though AEW didn't "make them" because we know that WWE wouldn't do the same. Even if it just comes down to some of us having more in common with Tony Khan and Cody than Vince McMahon and Bruce Pritchard. And that could extend to say, FTR being in a prominent role, Mox consistently being in the main event, Jake Roberts having an on screen role. None of them are AEW originals - they made their names in WWE - but they are being given this platform by AEW.

But I see your point. Long term the focus of AEW should be stuff that you most readily associate with AEW rather than Jim Crockett Promotions, FMW or WWE. If they want to be around in years to come they'll have to make their own stars and do more than serving nostalgia to older wrestling fans.

Or maybe they don't lol. Shad Khan DOES have a lot of money.
    Last edited by Ringo; March 4th, 2021 at 3:03 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it does in the sense that AEW are presenting this stuff on their show. I think we can give AEW some credit for using Tully, Paul Wight or Onita in the way they did/are even though AEW didn't "make them" because we know that WWE wouldn't do the same. Even if it just comes down to some of us having more in common with Tony Khan and Cody than Vince McMahon and Bruce Pritchard. And that could extend to say, FTR being in a prominent role, Mox consistently being in the main event, Jake Roberts having an on screen role. None of them are AEW originals - they made their names in WWE - but they are being given this platform by AEW.

But I see your point. Long term the focus of AEW should be stuff that you most readily associate with AEW rather than Jim Crockett Promotions, FMW or WWE. If they want to be around in years to come they'll have to make their own stars and do more than serving nostalgia to older wrestling fans.

Or maybe they don't lol. Shad Khan DOES have a lot of money.
    Yeah I mean don't get it twisted, I mark the fuck out as a 39 year old who's been a die hard fan of all wrestling since the 80's. Onita's only chance of being on WWE tv TODAY is getting inducted into the HOF which he probably will since he had a relationship with WWF back in the 90's (Who doesn't love watching Undertaker in FMW or HBK reffing Hayabusa v. Gannosuke??) I love seeing guys like Jake the Snake, Arn Anderson, no different than when they would show up here and there in the WWE.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm very entertained watching aew.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys... it's obviously CM Punk.

... someone had to.

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and say I wish they wouldn't have said anything and just let whoever it is show up unannounced.
    Last edited by Gampo; March 4th, 2021 at 3:41 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ryo is dating Kenny Omega, who books the women's division. And to be honest, the women's division has been the worst part about AEW. Extremely frustrating. I'm not even a fan of Britt Baker, I think she belongs in the Melina-Kelly Kelly era of women's wrestling but she's the best they have by a mile. The novelty of Nyla Jax has wore off, Thunder Rosa belongs to NWA, and everyone else....Damn shame they don't have Kong but she's up there in age too.

AEW needs to get some of the WWE women over there because the non-WWE women are few and far between in terms of talent.
    Are you joking about Ryo dating Omega?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i'm very entertained watching aew.
    I am for the most part. Especially with how they've been using Fenix more and more as a singles as I've been a super mark for that guy since Lucha Underground.

Are you joking about Ryo dating Omega?
    I have no clue if Omega and Riho are an item. I hope it's true, if not then what the fuck Kinny?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampo View Post
    Guys... it's obviously CM Punk.

... someone had to.

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and say I wish they wouldn't have said anything and just let whoever it is show up unannounced.
    I have it on good authority it's JBL.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am for the most part. Especially with how they've been using Fenix more and more as a singles as I've been a super mark for that guy since Lucha Underground.

I have no clue if Omega and Riho are an item. I hope it's true, if not then what the fuck Kinny?
    Riho or Ryo? Ryo seems unlikely to me.