0 Thread(s)

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I just wanted to point out that during the tag-team title match on NXT, Bobby Fish was in the ring longer than a 5 count, it was like a 27 count choking out dude, and the ref didn't DQ him. MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Tony Khan: "The AEW roster has much bigger stars and better wrestlers frankly than the NXT roster. The AEW shows are going to be in major arenas instead of a smaller building in front of a few hundred people. But I think it’s a good competition for us. It attracts more fans to the idea of the Wednesday night wars. I think the most compelling story in wrestling these days in many ways is AEW vs. WWE. Fans see the competition between wrestling companies, which is the one thing traditionally everyone has known is real."

This approach doesn't look good. WWE's been saying this is a good time to be a wrestling fan... AEW's approach is now perceived as we're better than WWE.
    He's not wrong. Chris Jericho alone is bigger than the entire NXT roster. But that's the thing....This isn't Raw v. Dynamite.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    they need to go hard after lance archer. would be a big asset.
    holy fuck could you imagine lance archer vs. dustin rhodes

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy fuck could you imagine lance archer vs. dustin rhodes

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hangman and dustin vs jericho and sammy guevara on episode 2. i think dustin is gonna get the world title shot in philly.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    God yes please.

Was just thinking about how much I wanted to see a Dustin/Sammy Guevara feud too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    hangman and dustin vs jericho and sammy guevara on episode 2. i think dustin is gonna get the world title shot in philly.
    If I see Dustin Rhodes win a world title I may actually explode with joy.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    getting to be there for that live would be awesome, but no way jericho loses his first defense, especially with the comic con angle they filmed and released today. there's too much stock in jericho vs cody, and dustin is just a cog in the machine for that. though i hope it doesn't somehow turn out to be hangman. i hardly enjoyed it the first time sitting at home, i have no desire to see it in person.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Did Dynamite even air on ITV4 last night? Or did my Sky box just fuck up?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Turns out you can’t record it in the UK. It’s unedited on a Friday night, but you have to watch it then. ITV Hub version is cut.

Fucking beyond laughable.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Turns out you can’t record it in the UK. It’s unedited on a Friday night, but you have to watch it then. ITV Hub version is cut.

Fucking beyond laughable.
    Seriously. Fuck sake. Any reason given for the cuts?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    No, saw folk were on twitter complaining that the show hadn’t recorded from last night and asking Sky why. Sky respond asking for a DM and they explain. Couldn’t be arsed with it myself.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Complete failure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This UK TV deal mess is why PW Torrents exists.

Just saying.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virgin’s not affected as mine recorder just fine.

Good show. Moxley did more damage to himself with that glass table bump. Also JR is much better here than he was in his latter WWE appearances.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    not yet, but it's something they really need to do eventually. the big emotional veteran title win.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so darby vs havoc announced for this week with the winner getting the philly title shot. that's... something. makes sense to go with a lower card guy for the first, especially for a weekly tv shot. and with both of those guys being known for hardcore stuff, i imagine that's why they're being lined up as the opponent in philadelphia. I'd be super down for allin/jericho, almost zero interest in havoc. darby also ties into the cody feud, cause jericho definitively beating darby allows them to tie in the fact that cody couldnt defeat him, which will be great.
    Last edited by Morrison; October 7th, 2019 at 1:31 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I don't think Darby will be lower card for very long to be fair. He's going places. Has that automatic connection with the crowd that so very few have.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    got my hopes up for dustin but darby/jericho could be an interesting match. jericho can beat him decisively to look strong and darby can get over with some hope spots, and there's an interesting styles clash.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Havoc looks like a plague victim who got his haircut on a dare.

Darby Allin has some talent, even though his gimmick doesn't do much for me. The "skateboard punk" thing isn't for me.

But yeah, putting Darby over Havoc and then having Jericho turn Darby away in short order on TV would be a great way of illustrating that Jericho is better than Cody.

Jericho has his crew with LAX, Sammy Guevara, and Jake Hager. Maybe Cody could put together some guys to counter them? Darby Allin would be a solid choice.

Is AEW allowed to use War Games as a gimmick match? Because we could eventually have Jericho, LAX, Sammy G, and Jake Hager vs. Cody, Dustin, Darby Allin, and whoever else in a War Games-style match. That could be a great pay-per-view main event.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW getting them scraps.

What the hell happened to LAX? Where's Hernandez and Homicide? What about Konnan???? Then you get Jack Swagger lol. Fuck man I'm telling you, that show was pretty dope until Swagger showed up. His one good move, that sick Rick Steiner powerslam he does, he pulled that off but man....How anyone can get pumped up for Swagger is beyond me.

I'm sure they'll obviously get everything smoothed out as time goes by. But damn, who's next? Bull Dempsey? Can't wait to hear about Swagger being held down by the WWE or some weird shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW getting them scraps.

What the hell happened to LAX? Where's Hernandez and Homicide? What about Konnan???? Then you get Jack Swagger lol. Fuck man I'm telling you, that show was pretty dope until Swagger showed up. His one good move, that sick Rick Steiner powerslam he does, he pulled that off but man....How anyone can get pumped up for Swagger is beyond me.

I'm sure they'll obviously get everything smoothed out as time goes by. But damn, who's next? Bull Dempsey? Can't wait to hear about Swagger being held down by the WWE or some weird shit.
    I'm excited for Swagger/Hager because, with the exception of some Lucha Underground and MLW stuff, Swags hasn't been on major wrestling TV since WWE. He's a young guy who was like a puppy with bag paws in WWE. I think he's grown into the performer a lot of people thought they saw him as back then.

He's going to surprise a lot of people in AEW. Just watch.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I'm excited for Swagger/Hager because, with the exception of some Lucha Underground and MLW stuff, Swags hasn't been on major wrestling TV since WWE. He's a young guy who was like a puppy with bag paws in WWE. I think he's grown into the performer a lot of people thought they saw him as back then.

He's going to surprise a lot of people in AEW. Just watch.
    I hope he does. He's worked with a variety of wrestlers with multiple styles both in terms of in-ring work and/or character work and he's just never stood out. Which is a fucking shock. Swagger was always the guy who just couldn't get to that next level, he couldn't evolve beyond a certain point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got my hopes up for dustin but darby/jericho could be an interesting match. jericho can beat him decisively to look strong and darby can get over with some hope spots, and there's an interesting styles clash.
    There's no way it would've worked timing wise, I presume, but I think it could have been a better story to get to the eventual Cody/Jericho match if Jericho was the one who actually faced Allin earlier in this process and got the draw. Still puts over Allin, Jericho still ultimately gets his title shot and win, Cody then faces Allin leading up to Jericho and beats Allin. That creates more intrigue. Jericho didn't lose but couldn't beat Allin and Cody did.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope he does. He's worked with a variety of wrestlers with multiple styles both in terms of in-ring work and/or character work and he's just never stood out. Which is a fucking shock. Swagger was always the guy who just couldn't get to that next level, he couldn't evolve beyond a certain point.
    His mic work was terrible. He had everything in the ring, but mic work and charisma eluded him. It didn't help that other guys made fun of his speech impediment. I'm looking at you, Christian.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Swagger's promos when he was champ and was talking about all his accomplishments and that all those trophies in the ring and shit. "Pound it!" *fistbumps picture of himself as a kid* Great segment. That one where his "dad" came out was also pretty good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I loved Swagger's promos when he was champ and was talking about all his accomplishments and that all those trophies in the ring and shit. "Pound it!" *fistbumps picture of himself as a kid* Great segment. That one where his "dad" came out was also pretty good.
    I don't know how many segments there were of him doing that stuff but I remember when he was in the ring with all the trophies and everything, it was pretty funny. He always reminded me of Chris Nowinski for some reason. The gimmick didn't scream main event World champion but they probably figured hey we'll have him win MITB out of nowhere, he'll beat Jericho, the title will make him a bigger act.

I mean shit, he was penned to win the belt from ADR at Mania supposedly, before he got busted for weed.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how many segments there were of him doing that stuff but I remember when he was in the ring with all the trophies and everything, it was pretty funny. He always reminded me of Chris Nowinski for some reason. The gimmick didn't scream main event World champion but they probably figured hey we'll have him win MITB out of nowhere, he'll beat Jericho, the title will make him a bigger act.

I mean shit, he was penned to win the belt from ADR at Mania supposedly, before he got busted for weed.
    I think I really liked those promos because he was finally showing some personality/character outside of just being a big athletic patriotic dude who was fairly generic. I'm not sure if the mic work was really that good (I just punched it up on youtube and his delivery was a little flat) but the content was good and added more layers to his character and it was so over the top (Scrabble champion, sandwich named after him) that it was entertaining even if he wasn't on fire on the stick. I dunno, felt like they were going somewhere good with his character at that time but then he ended up going to back to being fairly one dimensional and serious after that.

Anyway, what the hell's my point now? Not sure if he'll be doing stuff like that in AEW, I guess...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't help but feel like some of AEW's mission is to prove Vince McMahon wrong and show that Cody and Hager are capable of being mega stars and running a company. Cody maybe, but Hager I'm weary on.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, the last segment/match of the night didn't really make me even more intrigued to watch going forward. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep watching for now, but the ending felt flat to me. I'm curious to see how the finish resonated for casual people.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I can't help but feel like some of AEW's mission is to prove Vince McMahon wrong and show that Cody and Hager are capable of being mega stars and running a company. Cody maybe, but Hager I'm weary on.
    Cody in promotions where he's a big fish in a small pond works well for him as a top guy. But the problem is that in the WWE, he'd been there on t.v. for so long that it felt like they were never going to elevate him beyond the IC title picture. But I feel like given the time, he would have found his way into a World title program.

It's funny....When his dad died he wanted to stick with doing Stardust as he felt it would have been lame simply to ditch that persona cold turkey and go back to being Cody Rhodes. Then a couple years later he talks about how apparently he did want to ditch Stardust and go do something praising his father. Wrestlers are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    To be honest, the last segment/match of the night didn't really make me even more intrigued to watch going forward. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep watching for now, but the ending felt flat to me. I'm curious to see how the finish resonated for casual people.

I liked Moxley attacking Omega but that was really it. I wasn't high on the weird Jericho group beating the fuck out of everyone.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Moxley attacking Omega but that was really it. I wasn't high on the weird Jericho group beating the fuck out of everyone.
    Agreed. I went into last Wednesday thinking I'd watch NXT first and then go to AEW after. That remained the same after the fact.

It's all not to say Dynamite was a bust. There were interesting things and I think they had some important characters not involved in the first show but NXT knows what they're doing. It feels like AEW could capture the ratings wins for the short term but NXT is going to be the actual better show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. I went into last Wednesday thinking I'd watch NXT first and then go to AEW after. That remained the same after the fact.

It's all not to say Dynamite was a bust. There were interesting things and I think they had some important characters not involved in the first show but NXT knows what they're doing. It feels like AEW could capture the ratings wins for the short term but NXT is going to be the actual better show.
    I agree with all of this.

And AEW has plenty of time to flesh things out. They don't really have much to go off of in terms of AEW history. They did a handful of shows and now the first tv show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update.

If the baseball ball game goes long tonight, AEW is going to air Dynamite on Tru TV - assuming you’ve got that on your cable package.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    im actually looking forward to a weekly wrestling show. how nice.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    super hot crowd

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the bucks are so much better when they're working a traditionally structured tag match

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i don't know about them continuing to book their biggest stars losing, but that was an awesome match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn good match.

Private Party are what WWE wants The Street Profits to be, but done right.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i love that tony schiavone is the best commentator in american wrestling

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wasn't aware that Tony schiavone and Nigel mcguinness were the same person

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    jericho just did what it seems like no one in wrestling history has ever been able to do: shut down an annoying, outdated chant that people wish would go away but just doesnt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Excellent start.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how often it happens, I’m always surprised when wrestlers say “shit” on TV.

Even on a TV-14 program, I didn’t think they used to be able to do that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    No matter how often it happens, I’m always surprised when wrestlers say “shit” on TV.

i love how much he obviously loved saying.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Havoc is what a Hot Topic would look like if it exploded and then the remnants gained sentience.

And some one of those debris made Darby Allin, too.

- - - Updated - - -

The only pain I experience from Jimmy Havoc is watching him wrestle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Darby Allin’s music supposed to be a “Sweet Dreams” soundalike?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker, the best dentist in wrestling since Dr. Issac Yankem.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jericho just did what it seems like no one in wrestling history has ever been able to do: shut down an annoying, outdated chant that people wish would go away but just doesnt.
    Kevin Owens did it in NXT and it was brilliant.

Maybe if Swagger didn't milk the We the People gimmick peeps wouldn't chant it. He can't even stand without standing like he did with Zeb and Cesaro.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    they're killing me with a jimmy havoc match followed by a womens match

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A goth chick, an elderly Japanese lady, a Women’s Champion who’s smaller than my dog, and a dentist walk into a bar...

... and then that match happened.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr. Britt Baker’s mandible claw - more effective than The Fiend’s.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowd sounded barely happy it ended.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    shawn "la parka" spears

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i like PAC complaining about darby and havoc getting a chance at the title

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAC/Mox on TV? Maybe a future pay-per-view match?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette compared Adam Page to Barry Whendam on his podcast.

Now Jim Ross does the same thing.

They’re listening.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody's the Undertaker now?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many run ins are they going to have here? Crikey.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    loved the ending. great show. cody vs. mjf is going to be so good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Really fun show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost seems like AEW is trying to pick up that WCW nostalgia, by having The Inner Circle play the part of the NWO and Cody and his pals playing the role of the 4-Horsemen or the various WCW baby faces.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot crowd for most of the evening.

It was smart of Jericho to snuff out the chant for the one fka Swagger but seems a little dubious to knock it as creatively stifling, considering that was the most over Swagger was.

They definitely are leaning into the chaos to close the show. The opening tag match was the best thing of the night to me and everything else was just alright or had potential but kind of was just there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opening tag and the main event tag were good for different reasons.

Dustin Rhodes still has it. Not saying they should make him a World Champion, but when AEW introduces another singles belt for the midcard guys to wrestle for, he'd be a great choice.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two shows in, two huge successes.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr. Britt Baker’s mandible claw - more effective than The Fiend’s.
    JR said a real dentist using a manible claw. I can hardly believe it, or something like that. I love the digs they got in on the competition without being too over the top with it. Well, aside from Jericho, but he is G.O.A.T. so he is allowed.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    JR said a real dentist using a manible claw. I can hardly believe it, or something like that. I love the digs they got in on the competition without being too over the top with it. Well, aside from Jericho, but he is G.O.A.T. so he is allowed.
    More like B.L.O.A.T. these days

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    Mauro dropped a “Dynamite in the distaff division” line about Rhea Ripley on NXT that had me pretty amused.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good show. I missed the opener but saw highlights.

Trying to explain to my best friend who Orange Cassidy is, a lot more difficult verbally than just showing him clips on youtube lol.

I'm 110% soaked in to Omega v. Moxley. Personally, I would have had Omega as my first champion and have these 2 scrap for the belt but regardless, it's solid. Kenny coming out with the barbed-wire broom and tossing Mox the Sting bat in the wire, dope shit. These 2 are the main reason, by a mile, why I am tuning in.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one ratings: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two ratings: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 10th, 2019 at 4:54 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is a Spoiler or not, but Kenny Omega was in the dark match main event last night against Jelly... err... Joey Janela.

What a waste of your Kenny Omega.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    reports say it was a very good match

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is a Spoiler or not, but Kenny Omega was in the dark match main event last night against Jelly... err... Joey Janela.

They have 2 hours a week so they're going to have to spread everything out. That's why I laugh when people act like there's all these wrestlers who will be coming from WWE to AEW. The platform for AEW talent is nowhere near WWE's.

Bagel
    Right, it's just 2 hours a week that doesn't have 100+ people to manage TV time about. Same with Impact, but I think their roster is still smaller than AEW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reports say it was a very good match
    I don’t mind Omega. Except for his damn jazz hands.

But good Christ, Joey Janela is the drizzling shits.

Must have been a Hell of a carry job.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the "Inner Circle" would be better without K-Mart TJP. Hell of a promo for the stable though.. I just got the chance to watch it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the Inner Circle sans Jack Swagger. It's even worse when as I said earlier, Jericho shits on the crowd for chanting "WE THE PEOPLE" but there's Swagger, standing at attention like he did during that whole gimmick. And as someone else said, it was the most over Swagger had ever bean (Jericho style)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent enough show. Improvement on weeknone for me.

Tag opener was very good and glad the Street Prophets err... Private Party got the win, great way to establish them and now they look a legit threat for the tag titles out of nowhere.

Enjoyed the Inner Circle promo. Set up a nice stable and everyone on it will benefit from Jericho. Probably a good idea for them to use Swagger as muscle for a while, let them slow build him whilst the stink of WWE gets washed out of him. Sammy Guevara could be a great dick heel. Santana needs to stop sticking his tongue out every half second, makes him look like he has mental problems and not in an intimidating way though.

Cant get into Allen or Havok tbh. Dont think either are good in the ring, both have weak as hell offence, they look like indie jobbers, gimmicks are crap and are the vanilla midgets to the vanilla midgets of the 90s. Just cant buy into either.

Womens match was terrible, was an utter mess and very poor wrestling filled with botches. Womens division is in dire need of help.

Moxley v Spears was a good match if nothing great, nice set up of a three way feud with Neville, Mox and Omega at the end. Hope they do something with Spears from here, he got some good heat in the Cody feud but needs to keep that momentum going.

Main event was fun enough, good way to build up Cody v Jericho but get over others each week. Nice to see multiple feuds intertwining as well.

Solid enough and improving, still stuff to iton out but enjoying it thus far.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha. What time did it drop? I watched it at 8ish and it was up.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just before 8 on SOME platforms. It still wasnt showing on my sky box at 1130

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Great show in week two. Matches were fun, presentation was on point, booking was terrific. The promo from Jericho to introduce the Inner Circle was fantastic and I loved the brawl to end the show. Very good decision to have Private Party go over the Bucks to start the tag tournament. I wonder if Jurassic Express could upset the Lucha Bros as well. I'd still go with a Lucha Bros/SCU final I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gampo
    I feel like the "Inner Circle" would be better without K-Mart TJP.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was far superior to Raw and Nxt. They are making me a believer. Has a real best days of nitro feel to it.

Intercontinental Champion TooCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one ratings: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two ratings: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    1,140,000 is pretty damn good considering it was going up against Nationals/Dodgers Game 5.

Excited to see if those numbers can rise more once the NBA Regular Season starts and TNT can get more eyes on it through advertisement.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

It was being thrown around a lot in the Russo WCW era. A lot.

Eurgh, I'd rather not think about that.

As to this week's Dynamite, loved the opener, obviously, and I loved the Jericho promo. The rest was ok. Havoc and Allin took a while to get going, but was half decent in the end. Crowd struggled to get into it. Glad Allin got the win. Quite enjoyed the main event and shenanigans.

I agree that Omega and Mox is going to be great. PAC being in the mix too.

Oh, and it appeared to be uncut in the UK on the ITV Hub this week...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    ITV Hub on Sky sucks.

Catchphrase was well late the other week. Yes, I just read that sentence back, but Amanda Abbington was on and I love her, so.

11.30 though? Jesus. I used the Hub via ipad.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    sammy guevara instantly became a hundred times better by turning heel. arrogant pretty boy works for him much better than random flippy babyface.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, Guevara screams heel.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have no idea why the main page has the story being AEW dropping from 1.4 to 1.01 being world ending while only bringing up the pre-empt at the end. The real story is NXT has your cancelled next week, because PSYCH reruns can do a better rating.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I have no idea why the main page has the story being AEW dropping from 1.4 to 1.01 being world ending while only bringing up the pre-empt at the end. The real story is NXT has your cancelled next week, because PSYCH reruns can do a better rating.
    They're not saying it's world ending. What does your last sentence mean? "NXT has your cancelled next week" ?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    .075 is a borderline death number. They have cheap advertising as well as continuing to decline. If it didn't have the WWE logo on it, I would give it another month until it was canned.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    .075 is a borderline death number. They have cheap advertising as well as continuing to decline. If it didn't have the WWE logo on it, I would give it another month until it was canned.
    Based on what though? Have you looked at the average numbers for non-WWE shows on that channel? NXT gets better ratings than practically everything but Raw. And unless you work for the network, you can't really speak on what is or isn't a "death number", especially in 2019. Ratings are not the end all be all like they were 20+ years ago. Especially for the USA Network.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USA probably isn't thrilled with the idea that the number is going down but the number is still pretty reasonable compared to their original content.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines

Their dark matches are going to youtube

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USA probably isn't thrilled with the idea that the number is going down but the number is still pretty reasonable compared to their original content.
    They had no issue giving WWE a shit ton of money when the tv deal renewed even though ratings have been going down since 2001.

NXT, just like AEW, needs time for the fans to get familiar with the product, the time it's on, etc. I can't say if USA are thrilled or not. They've wanted NXT on their channel for a couple years so I think they're willing to ride this out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Based on what though? Have you looked at the average numbers for non-WWE shows on that channel? NXT gets better ratings than practically everything but Raw. And unless you work for the network, you can't really speak on what is or isn't a "death number", especially in 2019. Ratings are not the end all be all like they were 20+ years ago. Especially for the USA Network.
    Don't mind lotjx. He hates WWE but continues to watch for some resson

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Don't mind lotjx. He hates WWE but continues to watch for some resson
    It's weird. Be critical, but damn when it's all just negative, why bother?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's like these dudes who say "I'm gonna cancel my WWE Network" because a match outcome didn't go the way they wanted, but a month later they are commenting on the next ppv. Makes no sense.