User Tag List

Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,900 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And still using Brodie’s son on TV is cool as beans.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That I agree with. Good on them.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they give Cody the Reigns treatment, they could be onto something.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProblematicRoss View Post
    If they give Cody the Reigns treatment, they could be onto something.
    I've been saying for some time now that this guy could easily be the top heel if they just played on the reality of his position in AEW. People were like, how will he get a World title shot since he lost to Jericho with the no title shot clause? Simple. Turns heel, says I'm this and that behind the scenes I'll do what I want.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    So, as a promise to Torn, I have watched a bunch of AEW and caught up. So, I’m trying to give AEW a chance, but there isn’t quite enough to keep drawing me in and making me say “damn, I gotta watch on Wednesday”. Some observations from my catching up.

I do like Omega as the shit heel, but my lord is Don Callis unwatchable. Easily the worst part of this stable.
    Don Callis is great. You're unwatchable.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s true...... although mostly cuz I’m not on tv.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Callis a try-hard who is only good in clips. The sad thing is a lot of his peers that I respect do think he's incredible....but he's just well-spoken. He's Donald Trump. He SOUNDS like he's awesome but he's very average. That's what happens when you're in a business where the bar is so low that a guy like Don Callis stands out this much.

If Don dialed it down, stopped living the gimmick so hard and took a breath-he'd be much more effective. But the fact is, not a single person in that stable can cut a promo. Not even the Good Brothers. So you have to rely on Don to never shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a fan of Callis since I first saw him in TNA back in the Asylum days, so I'm good with him carrying the weight. I definitely think he makes Kenny better when he's bouncing off of him rather than dominating the promo.

Though, I agree that he's not necessarily a standout in the world of mouthpieces. I do think he gets the job done, though, and works as a perfect transition for Kenny from IWC lovechild to scumbag Cleaner.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I only know him from his Jackyl days in WWE, always enjoyed him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liken it to when Goldberg returned and a lot of people were praising his promos. I was like, Goldberg doing good promos? That's because everyone else for the most part fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ricky Starks is injured with a fractured neck. I have to think that bump from Hangman has something to do with it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ricky Starks is injured with a fractured neck. I have to think that bump from Hangman has something to do with it.
    This is a major bummer

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, shit. Ricky is money.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's too bad. He seemed like someone with the right direction could be something down the road.

Might be a good thing for him and hopefully AEW doesn't force him to come back too early.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why is Thunder Rosa on Elevation and not Dynamite? She beat Britt Baker. I guess it was "unsanctioned" but it still seems like it would have made more sense to just have Britt win that match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Thunder Rosa on Elevation and not Dynamite? She beat Britt Baker. I guess it was "unsanctioned" but it still seems like it would have made more sense to just have Britt win that match.
    Everyone but Jericho's been on Dynamite. Even Moxley.......

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Everyone but Jericho's been on Dynamite. Even Moxley.......
    You mean been on Elevation? I'm just saying I feel like I haven't seen her since that match and then she shows up on Elevation.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall a promo she did on Dynamite, but no matches since the Baker one.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don’t know why exactly, but I think Corgan is pulling her back a bit to focus on her NWA obligations.

As for winning the Lights Out match, I’d assume it’s to give her a big win and since it was unsanctioned, Britt didn’t really eat a loss and could easily talk her out of it. A win-win situation for both.
    Last edited by Hero!; May 12th, 2021 at 7:49 AM.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s on me. Totally forget she’s actually a NWA contract.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's odd to give Rosa the win if they weren't going to do anything with her for the next month. I also don't really see anyone asking where she's been so maybe nobody cared enough about her and just liked seeing some Megumi Kudo style action with women on American tv. Judging by how many dudes exploded over this perverse match I'd say it worked!

But yeah, odd she won but nothing unusual. For all we know she was supposed to look strong while on loan from Mr Corgan.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    That’s on me. Totally forget she’s actually a NWA contract.
    The big storyline with her on Powerrr right now is that she's spending too much time working for other companies, so if she loses her next match, she's not allowed to work anywhere else and can only work for the NWA.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    The big storyline with her on Powerrr right now is that she's spending too much time working for other companies, so if she loses her next match, she's not allowed to work anywhere else and can only work for the NWA.
    That's a really good stipulation. It definitely works under the NWA banner, I wonder if they've done this in the past? If not, keep it minimal because imagine being NWA champ but relegated to certain territory.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually is. Uses real life effectively well.

Also, probably a really dumb question, but what’s the 4th belt that Kenny walked out with last week? I know he has AEW, Impact, and AAA, but I don’t know the 4th one.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one is the tna heavyweight championship, which was recently unified with the impact title.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I know that one.

I wanna say the other belt looked like it had Japanese writing?

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 tna/impact titles, aaa title, aew title.

that's 4

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, maybe I didn’t understand something..... why did TNA and Impact have two different belts? Didn’t TNA rebrand into Impact? So why would there be two belts? Or do I have that wildly wrong?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Moose revived the TNA title for a while a declared himself champion. Eventually Scott D'amore made it an active second world title. Rich Swann and Moose unified the 2 belts and now the impact title is repsented physically by the two belts (ala WWE undisputed title). Kenny won the 2 belts from Swann.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh. Ok. Makes sense. At least explanation wise. Dunno how it worked out kayfabe wise, but tbf, not that interested in that.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's got 3 world titles, but one of them is represented by 2 belts. basically.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching tonight that wants to ping me when Moxley/Nagata starts?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t watch Impact so can’t judge him on there but from what I’ve seen in AEW, it seems like Callis is doing his job as a heel. He’s sneaky, two-faced and secretly has a plan to stack the odds, everything you can get in a heel so what’s the issue?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Callis a try-hard who is only good in clips. The sad thing is a lot of his peers that I respect do think he's incredible....but he's just well-spoken. He's Donald Trump. He SOUNDS like he's awesome but he's very average. That's what happens when you're in a business where the bar is so low that a guy like Don Callis stands out this much.

If Don dialed it down, stopped living the gimmick so hard and took a breath-he'd be much more effective. But the fact is, not a single person in that stable can cut a promo. Not even the Good Brothers. So you have to rely on Don to never shut the fuck up.
    I don’t know him well as you but seems to me like he’s doing his job as a heel turning up the volume so why dial it down?

Also Omega’s in there and it seems like you’re saying he can’t cut a promo when that’s obviously not true given his mic skills. Again annoying heel doing his job.

I hate to say this but it seems like you’re deliberately nit picking for faults here but tell me if I’m wrong there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I don’t know him well as you but seems to me like he’s doing his job as a heel turning up the volume so why dial it down?

Also Omega’s in there and it seems like you’re saying he can’t cut a promo when that’s obviously not true given his mic skills. Again annoying heel doing his job.

I hate to say this but it seems like you’re deliberately nit picking for faults here but tell me if I’m wrong there.
    You don't know him as well as I do so I'm supposed to do what with that? Try to cram my personal feelings over the last 24 years that I've followed someone's career into your brain how? He should dial it down because he's too over the top and I've felt that way about him since ECW, if not sooner with The Jackal. Nowadays it seems like he's still trying to be that guy only he's coming across as a parody of what made him good.

Yes, I am saying Kenny Omega can't cut a promo. He can't.

What I find insulting is that I am pretty detailed and fair with how I feel about talent but it seems like only when I'm not asskissing someone I'm DELIBERATELY nitpicking.

No, I'm giving my opinion which 99% of the time is very detailed and long-winded. I've made it clear how I feel about Don Callis. I don't think he sucks, I just think he's extremely overrated but when the bar is this low, what do you expect? Some of you are not used to hearing someone like Callis who again, doesn't suck he serves his purpose but 20 years ago he wasn't anything special. 20 years later, we don't have the talkers like we used to in terms of quality and quantity.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't know him as well as I do so I'm supposed to do what with that? Try to cram my personal feelings over the last 24 years that I've followed someone's career into your brain how? He should dial it down because he's too over the top and I've felt that way about him since ECW, if not sooner with The Jackal. Nowadays it seems like he's still trying to be that guy only he's coming across as a parody of what made him good.

Yes, I am saying Kenny Omega can't cut a promo. He can't.

What I find insulting is that I am pretty detailed and fair with how I feel about talent but it seems like only when I'm not asskissing someone I'm DELIBERATELY nitpicking.

No, I'm giving my opinion which 99% of the time is very detailed and long-winded. I've made it clear how I feel about Don Callis. I don't think he sucks, I just think he's extremely overrated but when the bar is this low, what do you expect? Some of you are not used to hearing someone like Callis who again, doesn't suck he serves his purpose but 20 years ago he wasn't anything special. 20 years later, we don't have the talkers like we used to in terms of quality and quantity.
    You read into that too much. I wasn’t expecting you to do anything lol, I’m merely giving an arbitrary opinion for not being as familiar with him.

You admitted he serves his purpose. What you see as try-hard, I see as being effective with the volume turned up. I know enough and seen enough of Omega to judge that he can cut a promo and IMO from what I’ve seen. Callis is like an accessory like Heyman was to Punk for example. Not needed but accentuated the positive (song pun aside but heel heat). Callis aside, I don’t get what Omega’s doing wrong on the talking side unless you’re picking up on something I’m not.

Bottom line is he gets heat? Why should he be asked to tone his act down when it’s clearly working?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You read into that too much. I wasn’t expecting you to do anything lol, I’m merely giving an arbitrary opinion for not being as familiar with him.

You admitted he serves his purpose. What you see as try-hard, I see as being effective with the volume turned up. I know enough and seen enough of Omega to judge that he can cut a promo and IMO from what I’ve seen. Callis is like an accessory like Heyman was to Punk for example. Not needed but accentuated the positive (song pun aside but heel heat). Callis aside, I don’t get what Omega’s doing wrong on the talking side unless you’re picking up on something I’m not.

Bottom line is he gets heat? Why should he be asked to tone his act down when it’s clearly working?
    Clearly working? I disagree. But you already knew that because if I agreed I wouldn't have made my initial comment.

He should tone it down because to you it's working but to me it's not.

Kenny Omega has no real cadence to how he talks so he sounds like someone who's brain is malfunctioning. He just never had to rely on promo work in DDT or New Japan or the spots in ROH, etc. because why would he? They're not promo heavy companies. Up until he turned heel he was barely cutting promos...I knew when he sat in on commentary he wasn't comfortable and it was even worse when he tried to be this over the top animated super heel.

I will say this, definitely grown on the mic since New Japan. He made absolutely no sense with what he was trying to portray himself as on the mic.

Bottom line is none of these guys get heat. Stop using words you don't know the meaning behind because nobody in AEW gets heat. Too many of the fans of AEW are in on the joke so how do you truly hate someone?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly working? I disagree. But you already knew that because if I agreed I wouldn't have made my initial comment.

He should tone it down because to you it's working but to me it's not.

Kenny Omega has no real cadence to how he talks so he sounds like someone who's brain is malfunctioning. He just never had to rely on promo work in DDT or New Japan or the spots in ROH, etc. because why would he? They're not promo heavy companies. Up until he turned heel he was barely cutting promos...I knew when he sat in on commentary he wasn't comfortable and it was even worse when he tried to be this over the top animated super heel.

I will say this, definitely grown on the mic since New Japan. He made absolutely no sense with what he was trying to portray himself as on the mic.

Bottom line is none of these guys get heat. Stop using words you don't know the meaning behind because nobody in AEW gets heat. Too many of the fans of AEW are in on the joke so how do you truly hate someone?
    Using words I don’t know the meaning behind of? Come off with that patronising, superficial high horse stuff. Clearly not working for you doesn’t mean they need to change the whole thing.

Yeah I haven’t followed as much as his career as some but again (being arbitrary) him sounding deranged and paranoid seems to me like that’s kind of the point of what he’s doing in AEW. He relies on his past glories but kayfabe-wise he knows it’s hollow and that’s why Don is being OTT in backing him up. They’re chickenshit and that’s why to me they’re being OTT. He doesn’t seem to be flubbing his lines or anything. I know you’re going to disagree but just saying my piece.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Anyone watching tonight that wants to ping me when Moxley/Nagata starts?
    maybe @Bert ? I generally watch the next morning

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe @Bert ? I generally watch the next morning
    Matthew's got me

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow, didn't think this would be first.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tony bought Wild Thing? He just loves buying music.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera damn near fucked up the Shiromi spot

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The camera damn near fucked up the Shiromi spot
    What's a Shiromi?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's a Shiromi?
    the armbar with rolled back eyes.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like X's cover better than the Trogg's version.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TO THE BACK~!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If this was WWE Miro vs Darby would have no finish and turn into a six man tag with Darby, Sting, and Lance Archer vs Miro, Ethan Page, and Scorpio Sky.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am torn on that match. I am not sure if Darby should win or if Miro should just murder him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind seeing a longer version of Brodie/Cody where Darby gets some decent offense but ultimately gets destroyed

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind seeing a longer version of Brodie/Cody where Darby gets some decent offense but ultimately gets destroyed
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Brodie Jr/Cody where Cody gets destroyed.

I knew what you meant really, being a smart arse lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I am torn on that match. I am not sure if Darby should win or if Miro should just murder him.
    Miro for the first murder. Gives Darby a chance to reflect and at least put up a fight for the rematch. Have Miro take out Sting too.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miro/Archer in that feud and on PPV would be even better.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to bring Nagata back. It's been all downhill since he left.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i love this episode

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the cody promo did suck though

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to bring Nagata back. It's been all downhill since he left.
    Isn’t this his AEW debut or you meaning something else lol
    Last edited by Badger; May 12th, 2021 at 9:28 PM.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t this his AEW debut or you meaning something else lol
    I mean the show started great and has been varying degrees of not good since.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this was WWE Miro vs Darby would have no finish and turn into a six man tag with Darby, Sting, and Lance Archer vs Miro, Ethan Page, and Scorpio Sky.
    Yeah but it's AEW where Miro spent about 6 months jerking off with Billy Mitchell looking like an idiot.

But yes, WWE Bad AEW GREAT.

Funny thing is, you're too much of a blind mark to admit that the "Miro" you are loving is actually RUSEV lol. But yes, WWE Bad, AEW GREAT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miro/Archer in that feud and on PPV would be even better.
    But if this was WWE they'd have Miro playing video games doing fake weddings oh wait my bad that was actually Miro about 3 weeks ago lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    MJF is so good on the mic though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but it's AEW where Miro spent about 6 months jerking off with Billy Mitchell looking like an idiot.

But yes, WWE Bad AEW GREAT.

Funny thing is, you're too much of a blind mark to admit that the "Miro" you are loving is actually RUSEV lol. But yes, WWE Bad, AEW GREAT.
    What the hell are you on about?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh shit, WWE defense force is here. Guess I better pack it up.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems weird to have 5 girls when 3 of these dudes are married.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh God

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    jericho already?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is someone going to do the Shane swimming spot?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    way too much of a rip off

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    MJF's delivery on the challenge saved the segment

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean the show started great and has been varying degrees of not good since.
    But you said they need to “bring him back”? This is just the guy’s AEW debut unless you mean he goes back to New Japan after one show which would be a tad pre-judgmental.

But if this was WWE they'd have Miro playing video games doing fake weddings oh wait my bad that was actually Miro about 3 weeks ago lol.
    Dude leave it. Yeah you’re not a fan of the guy, we get it.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you said they need to “bring him back”? This is just the guy’s AEW debut unless you mean he goes back to New Japan after one show which would be a tad pre-judgmental.

I was just joking about how the show was bad after Nagata's match.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just joking about how the show was bad after Nagata's match.
    Guid ane

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm happy to see Thunder Rosa on Dynamite. I wish it was against someone like The Bunny or Penelope Ford though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not in love with everything AEW does either tbf but the schneid comments for the sake of it, no a big fan of. Especially when people HAVE to compare it to WWE.

Maybe I’m a rare species but I can enjoy both without taking pot shots at the other.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nash has said he does enjoy AEW so I don't understand why he says what he says either. Just wait for him to double down on it. Happens for every conversation.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sting being real useful here

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    These bumps ooooof

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby is the best guy in AEW

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i love darby allin so much. best in the world.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t object to a Darby vs Omega title vs title match down the line.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though also the story of Hangman getting his first title win over Omega would also rock. Two viable candidates.

Moxley don’t need it as much IMO.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was badass

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    awesome match. miro looked great.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That was a weird version of the Game Over. I'm glad Miro won though. It was a good match too.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Elite guys are the worst part of All Elite Wrestling.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a weird version of the Game Over. I'm glad Miro won though. It was a good match too.
    Think we had the weirder GameOver painting pics of KM.

#obscurereference

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Elite guys are the worst part of All Elite Wrestling.
    I'm still a fan of The Bucks personally, especially now that they're heel.

But I think this take isn't far off the mark.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still a fan of The Bucks personally, especially now that they're heel.

But I think this take isn't far off the mark.
    I think they had the Bucks go back to Omega too early and on TV. Should have built it more and have it on PPV.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Wrong thread...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the angle with OC having a hard time getting up was supposed to set up the 3-way, but he looked legit hurt from the Liger Bomb. Hope he's okay.

Darby vs Miro wasn't a match, it was a mauling. Miro has been dishing out some really entertaining ass kickings lately. Just brutal.

He's used this variation before, it's just been a while.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dirt sheets say OC was legit knocked out either from the kick to the face or power bomb and they were supposed to go to a time limit draw.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mox/Yuji: Yuji's still a beast, gotta love him. Match itself was enjoyable, although Mox looks tired these days.
    Cody promo: yawn.
    Bucks/SCU: Everybody knew the Bucks were winning, but man... Daniels w/ that blade job. Distraction necessary though? The HBK/Flair ripoff was eye rolling.
    PAC/Orange: PAC is still my favorite in AEW, he makes everything so damn entertaining. Orange, it's taken me a long time to warm up to him, but I'm digging him these days. Another distraction, but this one w/ a BS finish. Tsk tsk.
    Pineapple celebration: This was flat. If you're going to do what WWE does, at least try to make it good.
    Thunder/Allure: Thunder on television is always a plus. She continues to show how far ahead she is from the entire division.
    Darby/Miro: Miro destroying Darby was the right call. I love Darby, but Miro should be booked like Doomsday. Sting standing there like Hamlet's father was pretty funny.
    Last edited by VHS; May 13th, 2021 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not in love with everything AEW does either tbf but the schneid comments for the sake of it, no a big fan of. Especially when people HAVE to compare it to WWE.

Maybe I’m a rare species but I can enjoy both without taking pot shots at the other.
    People don't HAVE to compare it to WWE they choose to.

I love AEW, more than you because while you're the parent telling the kid yes, 2+2=1408 I'm the one saying no, it's 4 and here's why you thought it was 1408.

That simple, I don't dick ride, see below.

Nash has said he does enjoy AEW so I don't understand why he says what he says either. Just wait for him to double down on it. Happens for every conversation.
    I'm a huge AEW fan. I'm a huge WWE fan. Ultimately I'm a huge pro wrestling fan, I have zero brand loyalty which is why I'm in every thread giving honest opinions and not just pretending everything that happens is fantastic.

Darby is the best guy in AEW
    Future AEW Heavyweight champ for sure. Arguably the best all around talent they have.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably the longest Dynamite review I’ve done. But that means I’m invested, so…yeah! I thought I was going to watch Raw this past Monday, turned it to see RKBRO in the ring standing there, and said “nope” and started shredding papers. Had more fun doing that than trying to slog through that, but I digress.

Top to bottom, this was a pretty good episode. It started out hot with the Mox/Nagata match, which was hyped from last week. It was a good match. Kicks and forearms, nothing too fancy. Didn’t need to be. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those elbows is what cut Moxley’s cheek. Am I jaded in thinking that when two wrestlers do a respect showing at the end, I think there is going to be a sneak attack? And that I’m pleasantly surprised and glad when there isn’t?

Britt’s interview with JR was great. The fact that they are super playing up that she is guaranteeing a win makes me think she’ll lose and then go completely batshit. I loved her line about when you have a pulse you don’t need life support any more, and comparing Shida to being life support for the division during pandemic. It actually doesn’t bury Shida by saying she’s shit, but instead saying she was pretty damn important, but that’s only because I wasn’t there.

I think the Thunder Rosa match was after this, which is smart since I’ve heard people saying (one of them being Cornette, I think) no one mentions the person that actually won that Light’s Out match, but they ignored or didn’t see the promo Rosa gave, before Baker’s rankings rant. They’ve managed to keep Thunder Rosa relevant but not out front at the moment, unlike WWE where you can win a title or a big match, then disappear from tv for nearly a month. Or worse, look like dogshit (Rhea, Asuka come to mind).

I usually fast forward through Young Bucks matches because, to me, they’re nothing more than superkick, spot, stuff, superkick, superkick, etc. But I did catch the end with Daniels. Geez, that was a lot of blood. I did like the shoe spot with him bleeding over them. I also like that they held that shot long enough for you to see it, instead of cutting away to hide the dripping blood like current WWE would do. Also, I genuinely did not know if Daniels missed his first attempt to do the BME on purpose to sell the fatigue and slippery ropes from the blood and sweat, or if he really did slip. If it was the first, that’s some spot-on precision. If it was the later, that is spot-on improvising. Buck#1 being a smarmy ass with that play on the HBK/Flair retirement match ending did illicit a smile out of me, though.
    Speaking of production, were they trying out a new camera technique with a camera walking through the crowd on a line, while still showing the action? Or have I just not noticed until now? Either way, it’s a good effect.

Also speaking of improvising, that powerbomb that Cassidy took looked nasty. I read now that he was legit fucked up for a bit afterward, so for him to slowly move his arm out of the way to avoid the three count was great on character action for his gimmick. I could tell something wasn’t right when they started stalling afterward and was hoping he didn’t get fucked up for real. I’m sure they had to improvise the rest of that with Don Callis and Omega coming out, which is fine.

I read later that Jericho really did hurt his arm at some point in the Blood and Guts match. When watching, I thought they had found a way to sell the badly staged fall. I ain’t mad at either. What I did not like was the champagne bath. Now, I was never a fan of the beer bath, or the milk bath, because it makes no goddamn since why you would stay in the ring when that happens. The stuff with Orange Cassidy last year actually made sense because that was a surprise dump of orange juice from the roof. But this was all set up to Stadium Stampede 2. I’m glad MJF said that they lost the first one since that goes to what I said last week about how the Inner Circle seems to not win these gimmick matches.

I caught the end of the TNT title match with Darby and Miro. The best logical outcome. Darby was still fucked up from getting thrown down concrete steps last week, Miro just crushed the life out of him. Now is his time to shine. I wonder if they’ll continue to have the title as a main event since they’ve said it’s supposed to be “WITH TV TIME REMAINING!” and you can’t exactly do that in the middle of the show.
    I’m hoping there wasn’t a ratings drop from last week, due to the hubbub over the ending. The fact that they had MJF playing up the fact that they were #1 on cable for that day, as well as them putting a zoomed out snippit of the fall in the Dynamite intro tells me they’re like “fuck it, yeah, run with it!”

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People don't HAVE to compare it to WWE they choose to.

I love AEW, more than you because while you're the parent telling the kid yes, 2+2=1408 I'm the one saying no, it's 4 and here's why you thought it was 1408.

That simple, I don't dick ride, see below.
    Okay wife.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty damn good episode. Didn’t care for the Bucks/SCU match or Cody’s promo.

Although the Cody promo makes sense in hindsight, now that we know that Cody had to use the name “American Dream” in order to obtain the trademark. Still not a great promo.

Love Mox coming out to Wild Thing. They gotta loop it before the flute solo tho, jeeeesus Christ.

Darby is such a star. Miro looks like a star now too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirt sheets say OC was legit knocked out either from the kick to the face or power bomb and they were supposed to go to a time limit draw.
    I noticed that Pac was giving OC some space for a while and really slowed the match down, so that was another sign something was wrong. I honestly couldn't tell if the medical person who came out to check on OC was part of the angle or not. Now I know. If they were supposed to go to a time limit draw, then they would have wrestled for a solid 30 min. Damn, wish we would have gotten that.

Pretty damn good episode. Didn’t care for the Bucks/SCU match or Cody’s promo.

Although the Cody promo makes sense in hindsight, now that we know that Cody had to use the name “American Dream” in order to obtain the trademark. Still not a great promo.

Love Mox coming out to Wild Thing. They gotta loop it before the flute solo tho, jeeeesus Christ.

Darby is such a star. Miro looks like a star now too.
    Oh my god, I cringed when the flute started. And then when it happened again after the match, I was like "Noooo!". Mox and flutes don't mix.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay wife.
    Did you just assume my gender? Why can't we BOTH be husbands like that show My 2 Dads?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Still a good rating.