Page 42 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,200 of 15624

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my excitement was calming down I then realised Miro being Kip’s best man and a weird way to debut lol. Surely he destroys him soon?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s definitely excited then lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random observations:

- Funny opening with MJF and Jericho.
    - Was that CGI rain for the Roberts/Archer promo? Seemed weird lol
    - If I had to guess, Jericho's move to a tag with Hager is they're going to work to put over another tag team. My guess is Jurassic Express.
    - JR needs to be out of the booth and just be the taped sit-down interview guy. That's the best role for him.
    - What a weird "big" announcement to end the show.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rather random rant passing through. I was listening to a bit of JIm Cornette's podcast (have done so in the past also) and he still rags on Moxley for being a "Stone Cold Cosplay". I guess since MJF said the same thing during his campaign, it has stuck. But the funny thing to me is that Moxley and Stone Cold are nothing alike. They don't move the same, they don't dress the same, they certainly don't talk the same. And they don't have any of the same moves or mannerisms. Even the way Mox will give the finger to someone is more "haha, fuck you" as opposed to "FUCK YOU IMMA KILL YOU" . Moxley comes out at random points in the arena, whereas Austin would come out through the main entrance more often than not from what I recall. So, I don't get it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also Austin had talent, Moxley doesn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything, Mox is more "Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman. But, because we don't live in an age of kayfabe anymore, nobody believes Mox is dangerously insane.

People bought into Pillman. I doubt Mox could work shoot his way out of a contract and eventually into a more lucrative one. Mox will never have an "I respect you, Booker Man!" moment.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For over 20 years anyone who displayed a "Fuck you" attitude toward everyone=Stone Cold Steve Austin. All Stone Cold was doing was the same thing Diesel was doing in late 95-the rest of his career. Never taking sides, only the side that pays the most. Austin was obviously more of a babyface but you get the point.

Moxley is Austin in a very generic sense but it's something he's conveyed over the years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Also Austin had talent, Moxley doesn't.
    Maybe that's a preference perspective but he clearly does have talent. He's a gifted talker, and has shown he's capable of working different types of styles in the ring. He's probably better suited to work as a brawler, but he can put on working shoes. Won't be great at it, but he's more than serviceable.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald bless him isn’t exactly objective when it comes to Moxley/Ambrose.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Naka!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact. All 3 members of the Shield have been #1 on the PWI 500. In the same exact order they won the World title for the first time (Seth, Roman, Ambrose).

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder when and where we will see a Shield reunion! Hopefully AEW ​not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder when and where we will see a Shield reunion! Hopefully AEW ​not.
    lol.

"not" like a hidden track

Working us or not I don't think that Jericho spouting off that they don't care what WWE does despite every single week, multiple segments, are nothing but direct shots at the WWE. You don't hear much out of WWE. Definitely not on air. I think all that comes to mind is the DX Hall of Fame induction in early 2019.....I thought maybe it was because they were always losing on Wednesday but then I remembered they weren't exactly silent when they were losing to Nitro.

They're smart (WWE). They acknowledge AEW, it makes this more legit when we all know it's not really numbers to be bragging about. WWE were dicks for putting NXT on the same night, because most of us know that you're watching AEW live and watching NXT on a streaming service later just like it was in the 90's with taping one and watching the other live.

Jericho is right in that NXT should stay on Tuesdays or hell maybe even Thursday. In these situations it feels like WWE are going to stubborn and keep NXT on Wednesday nights. But neither company can truly be proud of the numbers. These are numbers we dragged TNA through the mud for years for having not even 5 years ago, on channels nobody fucking had.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The only times I recall AEW being mentioned is, like you said, during the HOF last year, and that segment with Sami Zayn where he said "You could've asked me about AEW" on RAW from late last year..

In my advertising class in college, I was taught never to mention any competition. But hey, WWE mentioned WCW an awful lot in the late 90s, didn't they.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only times I recall AEW being mentioned is, like you said, during the HOF last year, and that segment with Sami Zayn where he said "You could've asked me about AEW" on RAW from late last year..

In my advertising class in college, I was taught never to mention any competition. But hey, WWE mentioned WCW an awful lot in the late 90s, didn't they.
    That was because it was a real war, it was real competition. That was Vince McMahon v. Ted Turner. Nobody knows who the fuck Tony Khan is and everyone else on the board are people who never really worked for WWE and Cody Rhodes w/ Wife.

I think Vince and everyone else involved including USA Network thought if NXT was on the same night they would be "winning". Completely forgetting they were going to show it the next night lol. If this were a Raw-SD situation, where you have to wait a month we might be seeing a completely different ratings war. It's not like people weren't saying for like 2 years+ that NXT should be on tv, fuck Raw, fuck Smackdown NXT is the GOAT!!

But again, like back in the day, if you can tape one, and watch the other, that's all we're seeing in this day and age. Instead of VCR tapes we have streaming service and DVR. Thank God, so sick of the times I would fuck up and the tape to record on the wrong time and not have it on Channel 3 lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I watched Nitro, it would be during a commercial break, but as soon as RAW was back on it stayed that way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I watched Nitro, it would be during a commercial break, but as soon as RAW was back on it stayed that way.
    I definitely believe that both brands had loyal fans. There's a reason when Nitro went off the air Raw didn't blow up and got worse. The fans who were switching back and forth started to leave and the die hard WCW fans didn't give a shit enough to stay and watch Chuck Palumbo and Shane Helms on Raw.

Shit, the only reason I paid attention to WCW from like the end of 99-death was to see Kevin Nash and Insane Clown Posse. Not saying I didn't give a shit about anyone else but even people I liked such as Booker T, they were doing stupid fucking shit for so long it didn't really matter unless they were working with Nash lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW can't (and probably shouldn't) feel too good about beating NXT when they're head-to-head on Wednesday nights.

AEW Dynamite is AEW's biggest, most important flagship program. And on the weeks they're winning, they're winning with about 200,000 fans (200,000 fans that Jim Cornette always takes credit for on his podcasts, funny enough) barely pulling out a win over WWE's farm league TV show.

Its like the MLB getting super excited because one of their games got better ratings than the local minor league games.

I'm not saying NXT is amateur hour or bad wrestling. There's some great stuff on NXT TV. Last week's episode with the NXT World Title Match and Ripley/Mercedes in a cage was one of the best episodes of weekly wrestling TV I've seen in a long time. It was fantastic.

But that's not every week.

Right now, NXT is taping in a gym in front of a bunch of wrestling school trainees.

AEW is in a major football stadium with real fans back in the stands. They've got Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, The Bucks, Matt Cardona (not big in WWE, but he's huge on Youtube and that's a big deal these days), Tay Conti (who's huge on Instagram), Vicki Guerrero, Jim Ross, and Tony Schiavone. That's a Hell of a talent roster.

They should be crushing NXT, no matter how many indie darlings they sign. The contrast in star power is night and day. Its like comparing Metallica to "Metal Militia - Rochester New York's Number 1, Award Winning Metallica Tribute Band".

Its not even close.

But the ratings are always close.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    AEW can't (and probably shouldn't) feel too good about beating NXT when they're head-to-head on Wednesday nights.

AEW Dynamite is AEW's biggest, most important flagship program. And on the weeks they're winning, they're winning with about 200,000 fans (200,000 fans that Jim Cornette always takes credit for on his podcasts, funny enough) barely pulling out a win over WWE's farm league TV show.

Its like the MLB getting super excited because one of their games got better ratings than the local minor league games.

I'm not saying NXT is amateur hour or bad wrestling. There's some great stuff on NXT TV. Last week's episode with the NXT World Title Match and Ripley/Mercedes in a cage was one of the best episodes of weekly wrestling TV I've seen in a long time. It was fantastic.

But that's not every week.

Right now, NXT is taping in a gym in front of a bunch of wrestling school trainees.

AEW is in a major football stadium with real fans back in the stands. They've got Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, The Bucks, Matt Cardona (not big in WWE, but he's huge on Youtube and that's a big deal these days), Tay Conti (who's huge on Instagram), Vicki Guerrero, Jim Ross, and Tony Schiavone. That's a Hell of a talent roster.

They should be crushing NXT, no matter how many indie darlings they sign. The contrast in star power is night and day. Its like comparing Metallica to "Metal Militia - Rochester New York's Number 1, Award Winning Metallica Tribute Band".

Its not even close.

But the ratings are always close.
    Jericho even said this from the start. AEW SHOULD be getting better ratings because despite NXT having some really good talent, AEW has quite a few known stars in comparison. The reality is that NXT is still quasi-developmental and AEW is a "finished product" so to speak.

Right now both companies are fighting for wrestling fans, not casuals who take their kids once in a decade to a show or the fan that watches when he's bored, but the die hard wrestling fans that are still tuning in despite pro wrestling not being hot. I know a lot of us are trying to force a MNW, it ain't happening. We're just as bad as Vince forcing Roman Reigns down our throats. It has to be an organic path. Vince and Ted didn't plan the 90's, if they did you'd think they would've started sooner than 1996 considering how bad 91-95 was.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW vs. NXT isn't a Wednesday Night War.

Its a Wednesday Night Tickle Fight, compared to when wrestling was actually hot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW vs. NXT isn't a Wednesday Night War.

Its a Wednesday Night Tickle Fight, compared to when wrestling was actually hot.
    Oh yeah I use the word "war" loosely. Like when two opposing families have the potato sack race at the local park every year lol.

This is like if ECW were going "Fuck you Jakked!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Oh yeah I use the word "war" loosely. Like when two opposing families have the potato sack race at the local park every year lol.

This is like if ECW were going "Fuck you Jakked!"
    Jakked was actually pretty good for a few years. Anytime WWF had an undercard roster worth a shit, Jakked and/or Metal were worth watching.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I never knew what channel or day or time jakked or metal were on

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew what channel or day or time jakked or metal were on
    When I was a kid, it was always Saturday morning after the cartoons were over on our WB affiliate.

I'd tape it, watch WCW Worldwide, and then stay up late watching Jakked/Metal after WCW Saturday Night got over at 9. Or maybe 10?

I sort of miss the syndicated shows. You didn't get great wrestling, but you had a chance to see underneath guys work longer matches and it was always a showcase for local talents, which was always fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was a kid, it was always Saturday morning after the cartoons were over on our WB affiliate.

I'd tape it, watch WCW Worldwide, and then stay up late watching Jakked/Metal after WCW Saturday Night got over at 9. Or maybe 10?

I sort of miss the syndicated shows. You didn't get great wrestling, but you had a chance to see underneath guys work longer matches and it was always a showcase for local talents, which was always fun.
    That's why I hope the Network adds more WCW Saturday Night shows from the mid-late 90's. Right now they just have the pre-Nitro era which is cool but that was their flagship show forever.

Jakked/Metal and Worldwide were shows I never got here in Des Moines. Sometimes I'll be watching Youtube and people will upload their VHS recordings so I'll get to see a lot of stuff that aired in syndication. The best we were able to get were the obvious, Velocity and Heat lol. Not even a Shotgun Saturday Night

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I hope the Network adds more WCW Saturday Night shows from the mid-late 90's. Right now they just have the pre-Nitro era which is cool but that was their flagship show forever.

Jakked/Metal and Worldwide were shows I never got here in Des Moines. Sometimes I'll be watching Youtube and people will upload their VHS recordings so I'll get to see a lot of stuff that aired in syndication. The best we were able to get were the obvious, Velocity and Heat lol. Not even a Shotgun Saturday Night
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAX...2vVS64YUA4uEYQ

Sort By- Oldest - You'll see WWF 1998, by month. Those are every WWF Shotgun Saturday Night/WWF New York ever, from what I can tell.

Most of them include commercials and ad-reads from the time.

Its a real nostalgia trip.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that VK Wallstreet is gone from the WWE I wonder if the Dark Order will bring him in as the dad of Brodie Lee. Then Brodie Lee will reveal it wasn't a Vince parody but a Shane parody. Mr. Brodie Lee will then take shots at The Fiend for having Fiend's father IRS in the Dark Order.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCW's Saturday Night shows, by about 1998, were like grab bags of abject misery.

You might get a wonderful cruiserweight match between two super talented guys. Or you might get Jim Duggan and Erik Watts vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor. You might get Chris Jericho vs. Billy Kidman or you might get Curly Bill and Curt Hennig vs. High Voltage. It was like somebody threw darts into a locker room and booked the guys they hit, at random.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAX...2vVS64YUA4uEYQ

Sort By- Oldest - You'll see WWF 1998, by month. Those are every WWF Shotgun Saturday Night/WWF New York ever, from what I can tell.

Most of them include commercials and ad-reads from the time.

Its a real nostalgia trip.
    The best part about these uploads are the commercials. You want a weird trip? Watch the commercials for the old All Japan shows:

WCW's Saturday Night shows, by about 1998, were like grab bags of abject misery.

You might get a wonderful cruiserweight match between two super talented guys. Or you might get Jim Duggan and Erik Watts vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor. You might get Chris Jericho vs. Billy Kidman or you might get Curly Bill and Curt Hennig vs. High Voltage. It was like somebody threw darts into a locker room and booked the guys they hit, at random.
    lol yep. Typical WCW. I was just watching a WCW Nitro stream of a Sept 1996 show and one of the matches was Scott Norton v. Dave Taylor and then they had Konnan in a mask v. VK Wallstreet.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucha Konnan vs. Southern Heel VK Wallstreet is like trying to mix acids and bases as far as wrestling chemistry goes.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catching up with last week’s episode:

- Maybe I’ll get used to it but peroxide Rusev is weird.
    - I kinda laughed at how Penta still hit that Panama Sunrise though Jungle Boy was well out of the way ages ago.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It's frustrating that we don't get Dynamite in the UK until Friday night, meaning I don't get to see it until Sunday. I usually go in knowing most of what has happened.

I know I could pay for it on Fite TV, but I can't justify yet more money for a streaming service.

Still loving the show though, on the whole. Thought Dustin and Lee had a great main event last week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    It's frustrating that we don't get Dynamite in the UK until Friday night, meaning I don't get to see it until Sunday. I usually go in knowing most of what has happened.

I know I could pay for it on Fite TV, but I can't justify yet more money for a streaming service.

Still loving the show though, on the whole. Thought Dustin and Lee had a great main event last week.
    Pirate Bay or PW Torrents might know how you can watch without having to wait.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Sent you a PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Good man.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should start a game where every segment they mention WWE in some way we take a huge gravity bong hit.

I'm going to say at least 4 gravity hits per show is the norm. Pretty excited to see if they're going to bring in the Stooges now that they both don't work for the WWE. Mean Street Posse would be pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pat Patterson was released?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat Patterson was released?
    Oh shit my bad I thought he was out of wrestling but apparently at 80 years old he's still helping out behind the scenes. Maybe they can get Matt Patterson to fill the role?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Too many Matts in AEW, maybe Nat Patterson?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat Matterson.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, AEW still has a couple boxes to check and Pat Patterson is one of them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see if FTR can get a good match out of George of The Jungle, Dino Douche, and their pet midget.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, FTR have managed to corral these two goofs and get a real match out of them.

Jungle Boy got a chance to sell his ass off, get some sympathy, and Dino Dude came in and just Hulk Smashed some fuckers, before he did some goofy kicks and one flippy-do thing.

They're learning.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then the heels win, by... get this... being heels!

Damn.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Matt Hardy...

I guess you could say, he's... "broken"?

Ba-dum-tish.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, AEW still has a couple boxes to check and Pat Patterson is one of them.
    Next time AEW has one of those stupid Blackjack Baccarat Go-Fish Battle Royals, maybe Pat Patterson can be a surprise entrant.

He wouldn't botch a shooting star press.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random toilet thought I had the other day -- Since they debuted on TV, I can't believe AEW hasn't booked Cody Rhodes/Kenny Omega in a match against each other. That's a "dream match" in the AEW world. Even though they've worked each other before, notably at that Ring of Honor show over Wrestlemania weekend, AEW would obviously be a much bigger venue for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Kazarian used to beat guys with a Spanish Fly off the top rope, called "The Wave of The Future"? That was an impressive as fuck move back then. Now every smaller guy does it.

Man, how times change.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good God damn... Leva Bates out there in the audience, looking damn good. Dressed like a really sexy cast member of a "Grease" porno parody.

... or is that just wishful thinking?

Oh, and also... uhh.. great match. That might have been the most fundamentally solid singles match I've seen in AEW since, maybe, ever.

Maybe this and MJF/Jungle Boy from that pay-per-view.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're going to do a violent beat down of some jobbers and Pentagon El Zero M Jr is involved, why don't they let him break some dude's arm?

When AEW started, he was still doing that. Did he decide he doesn't like breaking arms anymore?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private Party might dress like douchebags, but they're still a Hell of a step up in quality from The Wendy's girl on crack and his transvestite friend.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hand twitching after the Judas effect was hilarious lol. Good match though. Private Party are a great Tag team and i can see them being champions in the future.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if AEW just immediately puts Miro into another cucking angle.

Penelope ditches the seventh grade cunt for her "Bulgarian Cute Brute" Miro.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy vs. Boring Brodie Lee is a legitimate nightmare match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do Santana and Ortiz look like the baseball gang from The Warriors?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, they've been trying to book this match since before the pandemic started.

Glad they're finally getting it out of their system.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't lie. This is impressive. Trent's got some balls taking a bump like that with no shirt on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sue's going to be pissed at Trent and his bloody back staining the upholstery in her new van.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    damn that was a great episode. AEW really feels like its on a hot streak right now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot the street fight was something they originally planned during Blood & Guts. That feels like such a long time ago.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Main event was great! I'm glad it was put on last. Another great episode overall by AEW

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The street fight was one of the best street fights I’ve ever seen. That could have been a mess but they did it so damn well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me that wasn't really Tony Khan sitting there looking like a Google intern.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me that wasn't really Tony Khan sitting there looking like a Google intern.
    He's been on TV a bunch of times, just kind of hanging out in the background.

Dude looks like the Indian guy from Big Bang Theory just kind of chilling out, looking like a dork ass.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading reports that Thunder Rosa v Ivelisse turned into a shoot because Ivelisse decided to stop selling. I thought they were working pretty stiff, so I can believe it. Most of the reports were posted on twitter, but I did find one article about it here:

https://www.thesportster.com/news/ch...o-shoot-fight/

Good God damn... Leva Bates out there in the audience, looking damn good. Dressed like a really sexy cast member of a "Grease" porno parody.

... or is that just wishful thinking?

Oh, and also... uhh.. great match. That might have been the most fundamentally solid singles match I've seen in AEW since, maybe, ever.

Maybe this and MJF/Jungle Boy from that pay-per-view.
    Leva was actually cosplaying as Aerith from FFVII. Get your head out of the gutter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my head exactly where it is, thank you very much.

It kinda stinks up here, but at least its warm. And I don't need a hat.

If that's true about Ivelisse, than she's an unprofessional cunt who deserves either a Hell of a fine, for one of the girls to lock her in a broom closet and take care of things, or for her to be fired.

What is it about Lucha Underground women and either not selling or trying to shoot on other wrestlers? Didn't Sexy Star bitch try to disarm Rosemary on some CMLL show or something?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, about Leva, I saw the pink dress, nothing else, and just immediately thought of the pink poodle skirts from Rydell High in "Grease".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my head exactly where it is, thank you very much.

It kinda stinks up here, but at least its warm. And I don't need a hat.

If that's true about Ivelisse, than she's an unprofessional cunt who deserves either a Hell of a fine, for one of the girls to lock her in a broom closet and take care of things, or for her to be fired.

What is it about Lucha Underground women and either not selling or trying to shoot on other wrestlers? Didn't Sexy Star bitch try to disarm Rosemary on some CMLL show or something?
    Apparently, Ivelisse has a reputation for doing stuff like this. It's news to me since I only know her from Lucha Underground.

Yeah, Sexy Star put an armbar on Rosemary for real and hurt her shoulder/arm. Sexy was getting ready to move into MMA and people think she was trying to prove that she was a badass.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, it could be just about anything. Ivelisse could have gone into business for herself, but that happens very rarely these days even more so on national television. Or maybe one of them could have clocked the other by mistake and they got heated w/ each other. Who knows, but if Ivelisse was indeed trying to sabotage her own match (which I belive is BS) then she needs to re-evaluate her time on TV, because she's not going to be around much longer. Ehh... who knows.

Dirt sheets love stuff like this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved that episode of Dynamite!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been on TV a bunch of times, just kind of hanging out in the background.

Dude looks like the Indian guy from Big Bang Theory just kind of chilling out, looking like a dork ass.
    Oh yeah I know I'm just being a smart ass because he was looking like a total bum. Imagine if you panned to the backstage area and there was Triple H just sitting there looking like he just woke up from a night of COD and Papa John's babysitting for the Young Bucks? Actually that would be pretty funny given Triple H's size but you get it.

The laptop he was holding was 4x the size of a normal laptop. Was he getting some gaming in? "Eh just do whatever guys I'm deep in minecraft"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    rewatched the parking lot brawl and i think its my MOTY.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    rewatched the parking lot brawl and i think its my MOTY.
    It's definitely my AEW MOTY

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    That was some crazy shit in that match, it's a shame the camera caught Trent blatantly blading his arm.

What was Kingston going on about to Blade about getting his house in order? That's the second week he's talked about that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    What was Kingston going on about to Blade about getting his house in order? That's the second week he's talked about that.
    Allie, his wife, is with QT Marshall and part of the Nightmare Sisters.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Parking Lot Brawl really was excellent. I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be a definite MOTY candidate.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality episode this week with a tremendous main event.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot damn, this was a great episode of Dynamite from start to finish. A lot going on, a lot of angles moving forward, and a shitload of great wrestling. I didn't bother to write about the first half because I started taking notes halfway through, but it was all good stuff.

Private Party look like they're really starting to tighten up their ring work. They're getting close to being title-ready. Overall, their match against Jericho/Hager was a hit. Felt like it hit all the right marks and got the crowd into it. Showed the pluck of Private Party while the Inner Circle kept the pace grounded.

If AEW are smart, they'll do whatever it takes to either get Thunder Rosa signed or get her in TV as often as possible. She would be a boon to the division, mixing it up with the likes of Ivelisse. To their credit, the end of that segment did feel like they could be setting a 2-out-of-3 feud with Shida, with Shida losing a NWA title shot to turn around and drop the AEW title in the rubber match. The match with Ivelisse definitely helped present a women's match that felt above the bar for AEW. The last few minutes in particular were really on fire.

Archer has much better "normal" mic skills than I last remember hearing before AEW. I was a little upset he didn't take the bait to say, "But after I win the title, EVERYBODY DIES!", but that's nitpicking. I still think Jake doesn't quite hit the mark with in-ring promos these days, but I do like the pre-recorded stuff. Pretty organic intersecting of angles and characters with this segment, and a great official debut for Will Hobbs now that he's signed. But goddamn, that promo from Mox was ace. I like that they took the time to build up this 6-man tag as more than just "Hey, let's give the main event feud something to do this week."

Jesus, that main event was insane. Legit one of my favorite matches of the year, and easily my favorite AEW match this year. I love the way they produced this street fight, with the wrestlers/personnel surrounding them like some dude said, "Yo, fight behind Wal-Mart at 9 o' clock!" The setup also kind of reminded me of how the Backstage Brawl marches from the SvR series worked. Beyond all that, though, these dudes made it feel like a real fight. Just constant action with little contemplation, and no consistent flow of which side is on "on top" in the match. The way they involved Orange both tied up some loose ends from last week as well as protected Santana & Ortiz a bit in their loss, who looked absolutely vicious toward the end.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    private party also looked much better than usual against FTR last week or two weeks ago. i think they're really a lot better when working against a team that physically CAN'T do all the crazy athletic spots they want to shove into a match, so they don't end up with a match full of botches and awkwardly executed, ridiculous looking spots.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private Party are two guys who are absolutely ultra-athletic, very exuberant, and who need to be led by the hand, moment-by-moment and spot-by-spot, in order to have match that actually makes sense. They have a real tendency, otherwise, to just do cool shit for the sake of doing cool shit.

FTR could have a great match with two guys from the (regular) audience, as long as they get to lead the match and control the heat. And Jericho and Hager are both veterans in their own right, who aren't going to let their opponents do anything stupid. And I doubt, very highly, that at this stage in his career, Jericho is particularly willing to take too many dives or flippy-floppy moves from anybody.

Private Party are "getting it", because they're in there with the right guys to teach them. Now hopefully they're retaining it and won't go right back to their indie car crash matches next time they work with someone more on their level.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, the mentorship from Matt Hardy is supposed to be legit, and be was always in favor of timing and reason instead of just high spots for high spots. So I'm sure there's a bit from him that's helping. Being able to work with more grounded opponents to apply that should stick if they care about learning.

But if you out them in there with someone like the Young Bucks, they'll probably say fuck it and just do cool shit. Which is dope when it's not all the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Young Bucks are the biggest tag-team in the company. And they're legitimately in charge behind the scenes, too. Its not too big of a surprise to see a number of teams, whether they're Private Party or Jungle Jack and Dino Dude, or whoever else, try to have a "Young Bucks match" with The Bucks. If they impress the bosses and most over team in the company, it'll obviously benefit them. Because The Bucks need a tag-team to work with who works their style in order for them to have "good" matches. So that team suddenly becomes the "go-to" team for The Bucks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette hated it (big surprise, right?) but honestly, I enjoyed that Jericho/Hager vs. Janela/Sonny Kiss match from a couple weeks ago.

Booking wise, it didn't make any sense. As far as why a main event player and a former World Champion like Jericho would have such a hard time polishing off two underneath nerds, with his big Bellator beefcake, Sammy ... err... Jake Hager as his partner.

But if you look at it a different way; Jericho and Hager rarely team up and Sonny and Crackhead Wendy's Girl team up pretty often. So, you've got an inexperienced team wrestling an experienced team. In a no-DQ match. Which is Joey Nutella's wheelhouse. You've also got a Chris Jericho who's demoralized from being dunked in a kiddie pool full of mimosas the weekend before, and it makes sense for The Covid-God and Sleepy Gary Busey to have a hard time with the two dweebs.

But they still won. And, even if the entire match didn't make "logical" sense, at least that did.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    First Dynamite in a good while. Really enjoyable. Good action throughout. Definitely enjoyed Private Party a lot more than usual against that Jericho/Swagger team. Heel Bucks. FTR doing what they do best. Eddie Kingston on the mic. The controversy of Ivelisse/Thunder Rosa. I want to see Miro destroy Kip Sabian. And the main event was a blast. Never would've expected such intensity from the Best Friends. They did great and the finish with Sue picking them up and showing the finger was class.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think his comment was aimed at these former WWE wrestlers coming in crying about how they weren't given the world. Maybe they didn't have what the WWE were looking for.....
    I would venture a guess that very few of the performers that make it to WWE television, and then leave for various reasons, would complain about not being given the world. I'm sure they'd argue that they took every gimmick or bad idea the company had, ran with it best they could, in some cases got people behind them, only for them to constantly get knocked down a peg if it wasn't in the parameters of what WWE wanted.

Rusev/Miro is such a different case. Rusev Day was money.

Funny enough, when Cody was doing the Stardust thing, I was impressed with just how in to it he got. I always thought he was like a HHH or a Bret Hart. He had the wrestling "it" factor. But only when confined to wrestling. Other entertainment venues, like a Rock or an Austin, not so much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also wanted to add:

Curious about interpromotional titles though. Logically I'm thinking there's no way you have your champion in Shida lose to someone from another promotion, but if you're from that other promotion, you don't want to constantly come up short to her, either. I suppose that is exactly the point in that I as a viewer, don't know where it goes. Too bad NWA isn't on tv right now. I wonder if TBS would consider giving them the old Saturday night slot. Keep them completely separate. But once a year, their version of Clash of Champions, you have a true inter promotional contest.

Eddie Kingston and the Agents of Chaos. I like it. Also, if Archer and Cage aren't called "the Murder Machines" I would be sorely disappointed. Even MJF scouting possible factions to join, or starting his own, is kind of a not so subtle wink and a nod to the fact that they do seem to have an abundance of groups running around.

That parking lot fight, and I like that even the announcer said it was a fight, was one of the best I've ever seen. And Sue at the end with the finger flip off was a perfect cap. I thought she was going to do the Orange thumbs up, but they got me. I hope they got extra hazard pay for that one. They can't do big things like that every week, but the possibility of it should get next week's ratings really up there.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Jericho said he thought she was signed and now it's official. Hopefully she can elevate their women's division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

- - - Updated - - -

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerald Brisco might be All Elite tomorrow.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Gerald Brisco might be All Elite tomorrow.
    I hope so. I hope they use him as Tony's right hand man who stooges off other wrestlers to Khan and it sets up the Young Bucks/Cody v. Omega/Khan/Brisco for the control of AEW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So question time -- Is tonight's "Late Night Dynamite" thing supposed to have any first-run action on it? Because my cable preview thing just has it replaying a couple matches from last week's TV.

Just looked it up -- 3 matches signed for tonight.

Matt Sydal vs. Shawn Spears is the most intriguing one. I'm sure those two guys can put together a great little TV match.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; September 22nd, 2020 at 6:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time is this on at? 2am? LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12:30.

After the NBA game is over, we get our post-game coverage, and then 45 minutes of these assholes self-flagellating themselves for being virtue signalling SJW's.

Is it really any surprise the blackest sport in the country supports #BLM stuff? No? Then why the fuck do we need to waste TV time about it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting WNBA "highlights" on the NBA show is like showing your peewee football league's "highlights" after an NFL game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, if I need to be "up all night" to watch something good on TV, I'd rather watch Ronda Shear then Shaq, Da Big Hurt, and two other boring black guys.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn on Dynamite -- Up All Night Edition, and the first thing I see is Leva "Blue Pants and Blue Balls" Bates shaking her tits around and singing "Judas".

Always a welcome sight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Highly regarded newcomer" aka "we're unopposed and don't want to book anyone important for the show nobody's actually awake for".

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ben Carter is a UK guy, how'd he escape the country during the Covid travel lockdowns?

Is "jobbing to Scorpio Sky on TV" an "essential job"?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good shit.

Ben Carter is green and indie as shit, but Sky knows how to make that style make sense. He led him by the nose through a pretty good match.