Page 43 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,300 of 15624

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tay Conti's favorite wrestler, Anna Jay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Marvez constantly looks like an ISIS hostage being forced, at gunpoint, to read a hostage statement.

This guy could make breathing oxygen look fake. If they showed him eating a cheeseburger, I don't think I'd be able to believe he's chewing it.

If they replaced him with a cardboard cutout or a big rock, I don't think many people would notice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brodie Lee hasn't had a really good match since he left the WWE.

Him vs. Orange Idiot is a nightmare match waiting to happen.

NXT could counter program that match with 20 minutes of The Gargano family eating dinner and watching their broken TV, and it would still be better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like a man without a penis, Matt Sydal literally came outta nowhere!

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    12:30.

After the NBA game is over, we get our post-game coverage, and then 45 minutes of these assholes self-flagellating themselves for being virtue signalling SJW's.

Is it really any surprise the blackest sport in the country supports #BLM stuff? No? Then why the fuck do we need to waste TV time about it?
    for FUCK'S sake.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    for FUCK'S sake.
    I caught the last 5 minutes of actual game time. And then a good 25 minutes of #BLM stuff and Twitter comments.

Because sports have to be political now.

I'm not saying anything that isn't completely true.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; September 23rd, 2020 at 1:38 AM.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    ViRtUe SiGnAlLiNg, sJW derka derka, I'm surprised you didn't drop a snowflake in there you despicable shit.

Also people who say sports shouldn't involve politics actually mean it shouldn't involve politics unless they agree with said politics, I mean your type are soooo passionate about the flag and anthem and, well, that's political right?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean imagine people fighting for social justice as assholes, your pathetic.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The blackest sport, just stick to Nascar you cunt.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blah blah fucking blaaaaaahhhhhh.

sports have been political in america, especially when it comes to race, for well over a century. this isn't a 'now' thing. get the fuck over it and find something else to turn into a safe space for your political escapism.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The blackest sport, just stick to Nascar you cunt.
    If I say "basketball" and the first thing that comes to your mind isn't very tall black men dunking, you're lying to yourself.

Its totally the sport with the most black players.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When I think basketball, I think of squeaky noises.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I say "basketball" and the first thing that comes to your mind isn't very tall black men dunking, you're lying to yourself.

Its totally the sport with the most black players.
    by about 4%. the nfl is right behind them. 74% of nba players are black, 70% of nfl players are black; but considering the size of nfl rosters compared to nba rosters, more black people actually play football than basketball.

but ya know, don't let a pesky thing like math and statistics get in the way.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Miro is set to wrestle tonight. Looks like his last match was back in February!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    by about 4%. the nfl is right behind them. 74% of nba players are black, 70% of nfl players are black; but considering the size of nfl rosters compared to nba rosters, more black people actually play football than basketball.

but ya know, don't let a pesky thing like math and statistics get in the way.
    First thing that comes to my mind is that the bulls used to be good

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least we got the Last Dance

Also Lance Archer has covid. He's out and Kingston is in against Moxley.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I would love it if Eddie won, I mean he won't but he has quickly become my second fave in AEW after Hangman.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie Kingston isn't bad, but that's honestly one Hell of a step down.

If they can't do Mox/Archer, why not just pivot to a Moxley/MJF rematch?

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie Kingston isn't bad, but that's honestly one Hell of a step down.

If they can't do Mox/Archer, why not just pivot to a Moxley/MJF rematch?
    they haven't set up their title feuds in that kind of format, where losing challengers, or even former champions, get shots at titles again so soon after a loss. unless SCU got a tag title rematch, i'm pretty positive not a single losing challenger has gotten a second shot at a title they challenged for nor has a former champion gotten a rematch. they clearly have plans for MJF's and mox's directions and possible future interactions, and hotshotting it would be dumb when archer is going to be back in a couple weeks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they haven't set up their title feuds in that kind of format, where losing challengers, or even former champions, get shots at titles again so soon after a loss. unless SCU got a tag title rematch, i'm pretty positive not a single losing challenger has gotten a second shot at a title they challenged for nor has a former champion gotten a rematch. they clearly have plans for MJF's and mox's directions and possible future interactions, and hotshotting it would be dumb when archer is going to be back in a couple weeks.
    I suppose that's true. But MJF wouldn't be getting a rematch for the sake of a rematch. He'd be getting it because Mox cheated in their last match.

Also, Mox/MJF has more marquee value than Mox/Kingston.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miro's debut match was pretty meh. There was quite a few botches in that match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last tag-team match has a lot in common with an albino leopard.

A lot of missed spots.

Miro Day is ruined. Miro also clearly getting pissy with Joey Nutella after that body block botch. "Come here!"

Not a great debut for "The Best Man", man.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page vs. The Former "Flip D. Burger".

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny Omega wrestles like a finger gunning, rope shaking lunatic. Why the fuck does he do commentary like he just got shot up with a fistful of Xanax and horse tranquilizers?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny Omega's commentary is recorded in insolation and sold on CD at the AEW merch stand as a sleep aid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you checked Tony Schiavone's phone, you'd only find angry texts from Louis and an entire photo album of Madusa wank fodder photos.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    OC/Brodie Lee was a great match.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brown hair Cody

- - - Updated - - -

He looks like a vampire.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad episode this week.

I like that AEW seems to be building Adam Page back up as a singles guy again, by giving him a strong win in a long singles match every week. His match last week with Kaz was cold as Snoopy Snow Cone Maker, but good. This week, against the Dark Loser's Numero Fat Guy? Not as good, but still okay. Obviously, they're letting Page build himself up the singles rankings on TV, until he's ranked highly, and exhausted from working every week on TV. Then Omega's going to go full heel and challenge him "when it effects his ranking". They'll have a match on the next major AEW episode on TV or on the next pay-per-view, with Page coming into things exhausted and beaten down and Omega fresh as a daisy, because he picked his spot. Its good booking, but it means more "Kenny Omega -- The Xanax Man" on commentary. Blech.

FTR are awesome. FTR vs. SCU is going to be fantastic. Its kind of weird that FTR pretend like they don't know who SCU are. They already wrestled, and beat them, once. Sad to say, but the eminently talented team of SCU are just a TV match stepping stone to a program with The Best Sacks of Shit.

Orange Cassidy and Brodie Lee was a fun enough match for what it was. A "straight" match between those two would have had the wrestling chemistry of ammonia and bleach. But the little story, of Cassidy dealing with all the jobber interference, popping a few of his comeback moves, (I don't like OC, but I will admit, his desperation offense is great.) and then getting killed by Brodie was fine.

Cody's return was cool. Glade he ditched the peroxide blonde look. The darker hair suits him way better. He's a Rhodes, not a Flair. But... well... how the Hell did they manage to wheel/construct that elaborate entrance set for Cody without anyone noticing? I'm looking forward to Cody/Brodie Round 2. I think if anyone can work around Boring Brodie's limitations, it'll be Cody. Also, you can see Cody's influences peaking through again. Brodie/Cody in a dog collar match? Don't tell me Cody won't try to drag Brodie kicking and screaming through a 2020 version of Piper/Valentine from Starrcade.

Private Party dude vs. Chris Jericho next week? Neat. Jericho's still swimming in the shallow end of the talent pool, but at least he's done with Joey Janela and Sonny Bitch. Private Party need some swim lessons, but they're not still in water wings.

The women's tag was fine. Good enough for what it was. I was watching very carefully to see some miscommunication between Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa. There were a few awkward moments, but nothing intentional on Ivelisse's part.

Apropos of nothing, but Hikaru Shida might be the sexiest woman in wrestling right now. Sorry.

Also, where the Hell is Nyla Rose? A few weeks ago, it looked like they were setting up Shida/Nyla-2 and then the whole thing got sidetracked with Shida/Rosa. Fuck all that, I'd rather see Allysin Kay/Hikaru Shida. But that's neither here or there.

Main event was a great brawl, but nobody bought Kingston as a contender. And they shouldn't have. He was a filler challenger, because Archer jobbed to Covid. The right guy won in a match that neither guy tried to turn into some kind of undue "epic". They kept it tight and action packed. Just right.

But for the love of fuck, I know Moxley wants to pretend he's some MMA tough guy now after his feud with Jake Hager, but stop throwing those damn knee strikes. I've seen less sunlight during summer in Antarctica, than we see between Mox's knee and his opponent's face. At least they shot them from a distance and from behind this time. That mitigates things enough.

And hey, it sure seems to me like they're angling to still book that six-man tag. Just replace Archer with Kingston and The Mexican jumping beans and you've got a match. Either way, it should be good.

Anyway, yeah. Shame about Archer catching the Covid. But, in all honesty, that six-man tag-team match didn't exactly have me hot and bothered. And we got an interesting main event instead.

Thumbs up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ben Carter is a UK guy, how'd he escape the country during the Covid travel lockdowns?

Is "jobbing to Scorpio Sky on TV" an "essential job"?
    He may have quarantined in another country for 2 weeks and then flown to the US. I heard that a female British wrestler is doing that so she can work for AEW again. I can't remember her name, but she wrestled some matches before the pandemic. Tony Khan supossedly floated this idea to Pac, but nothing has been confirmed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    He may have quarantined in another country for 2 weeks and then flown to the US. I heard that a female British wrestler is doing that so she can work for AEW again. I can't remember her name, but she wrestled some matches before the pandemic. Tony Khan supossedly floated this idea to Pac, but nothing has been confirmed.
    I was just joking around. But that's kind of what I figured.

I'm hoping PAC comes back soon. If they're looking for a good person to match Hangman Page up with for a feud, PAC's it.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad episode this week.

I like that AEW seems to be building Adam Page back up as a singles guy again, by giving him a strong win in a long singles match every week. His match last week with Kaz was cold as Snoopy Snow Cone Maker, but good. This week, against the Dark Loser's Numero Fat Guy? Not as good, but still okay. Obviously, they're letting Page build himself up the singles rankings on TV, until he's ranked highly, and exhausted from working every week on TV. Then Omega's going to go full heel and challenge him "when it effects his ranking". They'll have a match on the next major AEW episode on TV or on the next pay-per-view, with Page coming into things exhausted and beaten down and Omega fresh as a daisy, because he picked his spot. Its good booking, but it means more "Kenny Omega -- The Xanax Man" on commentary. Blech.

FTR are awesome. FTR vs. SCU is going to be fantastic. Its kind of weird that FTR pretend like they don't know who SCU are. They already wrestled, and beat them, once. Sad to say, but the eminently talented team of SCU are just a TV match stepping stone to a program with The Best Sacks of Shit.

Orange Cassidy and Brodie Lee was a fun enough match for what it was. A "straight" match between those two would have had the wrestling chemistry of ammonia and bleach. But the little story, of Cassidy dealing with all the jobber interference, popping a few of his comeback moves, (I don't like OC, but I will admit, his desperation offense is great.) and then getting killed by Brodie was fine.

Cody's return was cool. Glade he ditched the peroxide blonde look. The darker hair suits him way better. He's a Rhodes, not a Flair. But... well... how the Hell did they manage to wheel/construct that elaborate entrance set for Cody without anyone noticing? I'm looking forward to Cody/Brodie Round 2. I think if anyone can work around Boring Brodie's limitations, it'll be Cody. Also, you can see Cody's influences peaking through again. Brodie/Cody in a dog collar match? Don't tell me Cody won't try to drag Brodie kicking and screaming through a 2020 version of Piper/Valentine from Starrcade.

Private Party dude vs. Chris Jericho next week? Neat. Jericho's still swimming in the shallow end of the talent pool, but at least he's done with Joey Janela and Sonny Bitch. Private Party need some swim lessons, but they're not still in water wings.

The women's tag was fine. Good enough for what it was. I was watching very carefully to see some miscommunication between Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa. There were a few awkward moments, but nothing intentional on Ivelisse's part.

Apropos of nothing, but Hikaru Shida might be the sexiest woman in wrestling right now. Sorry.

Also, where the Hell is Nyla Rose? A few weeks ago, it looked like they were setting up Shida/Nyla-2 and then the whole thing got sidetracked with Shida/Rosa. Fuck all that, I'd rather see Allysin Kay/Hikaru Shida. But that's neither here or there.

Main event was a great brawl, but nobody bought Kingston as a contender. And they shouldn't have. He was a filler challenger, because Archer jobbed to Covid. The right guy won in a match that neither guy tried to turn into some kind of undue "epic". They kept it tight and action packed. Just right.

But for the love of fuck, I know Moxley wants to pretend he's some MMA tough guy now after his feud with Jake Hager, but stop throwing those damn knee strikes. I've seen less sunlight during summer in Antarctica, than we see between Mox's knee and his opponent's face. At least they shot them from a distance and from behind this time. That mitigates things enough.

And hey, it sure seems to me like they're angling to still book that six-man tag. Just replace Archer with Kingston and The Mexican jumping beans and you've got a match. Either way, it should be good.

Anyway, yeah. Shame about Archer catching the Covid. But, in all honesty, that six-man tag-team match didn't exactly have me hot and bothered. And we got an interesting main event instead.

Thumbs up.
    yeah, he's a rhodes, those dudes that aren't known for having bleach blonde hair...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, he's a rhodes, those dudes that aren't known for having bleach blonde hair...
    True.

I just think the darker hair suits him better.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miro looked like he spent his time off working out. He looked great. As for the match...meh and that's being nice. I'm also not sure why this had to be as long as it was.

It's such a subtle touch but I appreciate the fact that the matches Page has had over the last two shows have been originally tag matches but Omega declined them. That further illustrates the divide between Omega and Page. Be that as it's still moving pretty slow.

Was really surprised to see how they actually went with OC and Lee the week. I felt like it ran the risk of booking themselves into a corner. JR couldn't leave well enough alone with his stupid-ass comment after OC did his suicide dives. I had mixed thoughts because OC looked good in defeat and fell victim to the numbers game but he still took an L after a prominent/signature win over Jericho. Don't get me wrong, wasn't terrible but not sure if it was necessary...especially due to the fact the post match stuff was the bigger deal. Great promo by Lee.

A strong showing last week certainly made me more invested in seeing a match with Best Friends fighting FTR.

Not a surprise but Jericho and MJF's segment was entertaining.

It certainly wasn't planned but it felt like it conveniently worked out with Kingston being able to move right into a title opportunity. He's been part of TV regularly, had a gripe as to why he should still be in consideration, and can tell a hell of a tale. All things considered, I feel like they got through the main event well enough and continued to keep the train on the track.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It's such a subtle touch but I appreciate the fact that the matches Page has had over the last two shows have been originally tag matches but Omega declined them. That further illustrates the divide between Omega and Page. Be that as it's still moving pretty slow.
    i see you bringing up the pace of the angles and storylines surrounding these two a bunch, and it boggles my mind every time. are you just that pre-adjusted to typical WWE style booking of feuds? the eight and a half months of active storytelling around the page/omega tag team has been some of the best stuff in wrestling this year, with at least four big beats in the first ever title change in AEW history when they won the tag titles, feuding with the bucks and the revolution tag match, the stadium stampede match and the ftr corruption of page and dissolution of the tag team. there was some down time after revolution when covid first hit and page was off air for awhile, but for the most part they've kept the story pretty steady, especially for something they are clearly putting long term effort and payoff towards. outside of these big moments themselves, they've managed to weave and hit emotions, behaviors and actions that call back to the history of not only page and omega's separate careers, but also of the elite as a faction. what exactly do you want them doing instead, and how would that be any better than what we are getting?
    Last edited by Morrison; September 24th, 2020 at 12:01 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see you bringing up the pace of the angles and storylines surrounding these two a bunch, and it boggles my mind every time. are you just that pre-adjusted to typical WWE style booking of feuds? the eight and a half months of active storytelling around the page/omega tag team has been some of the best stuff in wrestling this year, with at least four big beats in the first ever title change in AEW history when they won the tag titles, feuding with the bucks and the revolution tag match, the stadium stampede match and the ftr corruption of page and dissolution of the tag team. there was some down time after revolution when covid first hit and page was off air for awhile, but for the most part they've kept the story pretty steady, especially for something they are clearly putting long term effort and payoff towards. outside of these big moments themselves, they've managed to weave and hit emotions, behaviors and actions that call back to the history of not only page and omega's separate careers, but also of the elite as a faction. what exactly do you want them doing instead, and how would that be any better than what we are getting?
    I'm not basing it off WWE style of booking because I often think that's stupid. I'm just looking at it as I'm observing a story.

They got a major benefit of the doubt from March through (making up a month) June or July due to losing the audience. I imagine the audience was a key cog to all of this, mainly through Page's perspective of the story. Clearly they had to adapt so that's why I've given them an extended window. Since then it's been a lot of teasing and stop and starts. Maybe I haven't been expressive enough in citing things that I have liked because it just hasn't been drab and the drizzling shits. It hasn't been that bad or remotely close to it so maybe that's how it is coming across, so I'll take the L in not doing a better job expressing that. Despite that, it's still slow to me. Like the last two weeks, we essentially got the same exact thing but one had a less enjoyable match to watch.

In answer to your question: I want a resolution, whatever it may be.
    It's pretty simple because you're asking me and I want an answer. Do I think the answer is going to be good or bad? I don't know, but I feel like I've gotten enough to see what it is.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not basing it off WWE style of booking because I often think that's stupid. I'm just looking at it as I'm observing a story.

They got a major benefit of the doubt from March through (making up a month) June or July due to losing the audience. I imagine the audience was a key cog to all of this, mainly through Page's perspective of the story. Clearly they had to adapt so that's why I've given them an extended window. Since then it's been a lot of teasing and stop and starts. Maybe I haven't been expressive enough in citing things that I have liked because it just hasn't been drab and the drizzling shits. It hasn't been that bad or remotely close to it so maybe that's how it is coming across, so I'll take the L in not doing a better job expressing that. Despite that, it's still slow to me. Like the last two weeks, we essentially got the same exact thing but one had a less enjoyable match to watch.

In answer to your question: I want a resolution, whatever it may be.
    It's pretty simple because you're asking me and I want an answer. Do I think the answer is going to be good or bad? I don't know, but I feel like I've gotten enough to see what it is.
    if you're just looking at it as observing a story, why are you so preoccupied with getting to the ending or resolution? do you do this with movies and tv series, too? like, you mention appreciating the attention to small detail and subtly in hangman's singles matches originally having been tag matches that kenny turned down(despite ending up criticizing it in this second post for being a repeat segment), but you don't get those kinds of details if things have to be advanced towards a resolution quicker. i imagine you would have liked to see some kind of definitive action after the tag title match at all out, instead of kenny showing a more complex emotion like he did? kenny hitting him with that table or attacking him after the match, hitting some move on him instead of stepping out of the way and not catching him? cause that would've shown you ADVANCEMENT and told you that a RESOLUTION was definitely on it's way? if these story beats and emotions haven't been landing for you, i can see why you'd be like 'okay, i've seen enough, just give me the match,' but i just don't see how one of the more deeply human storylines of modern wrestling could be lost on the dude who writes a 900 word term paper on a weekly episode of nxt.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know. but after years of how WWE has written their talent, how most feuds are on auto-pilot, how formulaic their feud structures are, how they run everything into the fucking ground, i am so, so, soooooooooo here for just watching, from week to week and month to month, a long term storyline play out that is treating me like a fucking adult. just discussing this episode with torn now, and he mentions how kenny has been on commentary for two weeks, and in the pre-taped interview before that, going on about how he wants to be focusing on being a singles competitor again, yet it's hangman who is wrestling singles matches every week, while kenny hasn't wrestled at all. a piece of character work that isn't explicit, that isn't slapping me across the face, but gives great insight into both dudes in the storyline and a reason for why it's a repeated segment, if i felt like going analytical for whatever reason. just reading that detail made me grin and adds another layer to the whole story and to my enjoyment, and that grin is enough to keep me satiated until the next crumb is left, even if that's three weeks from now. it's far too infrequent with american wrestling that we get these kinds of rides to go on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should just be glad this isn't WWE style booking, or Omega and Hangman would be on their 659th TV rematch by now, with no end in sight.

BEST IN THE WORLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Dynamite was gold! Orange v Brodie was really well done along with Jerichos birthday line promo to Hardy which had me in stitches!

Private Party starting to get some substance is awesome too!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you're just looking at it as observing a story, why are you so preoccupied with getting to the ending or resolution? do you do this with movies and tv series, too? like, you mention appreciating the attention to small detail and subtly in hangman's singles matches originally having been tag matches that kenny turned down(despite ending up criticizing it in this second post for being a repeat segment), but you don't get those kinds of details if things have to be advanced towards a resolution quicker. i imagine you would have liked to see some kind of definitive action after the tag title match at all out, instead of kenny showing a more complex emotion like he did? kenny hitting him with that table or attacking him after the match, hitting some move on him instead of stepping out of the way and not catching him? cause that would've shown you ADVANCEMENT and told you that a RESOLUTION was definitely on it's way? if these story beats and emotions haven't been landing for you, i can see why you'd be like 'okay, i've seen enough, just give me the match,' but i just don't see how one of the more deeply human storylines of modern wrestling could be lost on the dude who writes a 900 word term paper on a weekly episode of nxt.
    Because it's dragged out to me. That's rather cut and dry for me. And yes, I do that with other things. I guess what I can say is that the situation isn't straight-up glacial because there has been some advancement but not enough for me and not a pace to my liking. Thank you for noticing what I do. It is appreciated.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BGMaverick your patience varies depending on the wrestler lol. I don't agree with Morrison that you're some WWE fanboy because you actually get bored with an angle if everything isn't laid out that night.

I will say this.....Omega and Page dragged on for way too long. I was never EVER a fan of them being a tag-team in the first place. It's done a lot of damage to Kenny Omega as he was one of the hottest acts coming in to AEW and now he's just some shithead. And holy fuck, don't ever have that guy talk. I didn't realize just how terrible Kenny Omega is on the mic in any environment (booth, ring, segment, etc.)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miro looked like he spent his time off working out. He looked great. As for the match...meh and that's being nice. I'm also not sure why this had to be as long as it was.
    I agree. Went on way too long and it was a pretty poor match. A 5 minute match with Miro dominating would have been better executed for a debut. And i really hope he's not a tag team guy. The tag division is bloated at the moment

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was poor not because of Miro, but the other guys involved in the match right? I thought I read Miro was getting frustrated.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    I agree. Went on way too long and it was a pretty poor match. A 5 minute match with Miro dominating would have been better executed for a debut. And i really hope he's not a tag team guy. The tag division is bloated at the moment
    It's clearly one of their major strengths so it might just be a means to have him on TV until whatever individual route they want to take with him has a clear path.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clearly one of their major strengths so it might just be a means to have him on TV until whatever individual route they want to take with him has a clear path.
    Is it though? Quality over quantity. Damn near almost everyone is in a tag-team, shit even Moxley has his go-to tag partner in Darby. But when you start having Jericho and Swagger and now this? Ugh. LIke Juve said, it's already bloated.

And let's be honest, AEW doesn't really do squash matches. AEW tends to always have this long ass matches like Triple H is the agent for every one of them. Do we really need 20 minutes of Miro? I don't think anyone wanted 10 minutes of Rusev. Show up, smesh (yes, SMESH), camel clutch, good bye.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It was poor not because of Miro, but the other guys involved in the match right? I thought I read Miro was getting frustrated.
    He was fine. There was a fair amount of sloppiness surrounding the others. The match, with the people involved, needed to be 5-7 minutes at the most.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weirdest part of the implosion of the Elite is that the Bucks are the ones who seem to be turning heel. Omega's been teasing a heal turn, but nothing's come of it yet. I agree with the opinion that the Omega/Hangman team did last a little too long, but I'm content to wait and see where things play out from here. There's enough going on in AEW that this angle doesn't have to hurry up and get to the finish line.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weirdest part of the implosion of the Elite is that the Bucks are the ones who seem to be turning heel. Omega's been teasing a heal turn, but nothing's come of it yet. I agree with the opinion that the Omega/Hangman team did last a little too long, but I'm content to wait and see where things play out from here. There's enough going on in AEW that this angle doesn't have to hurry up and get to the finish line.
    Dragging this out to this degree has done absolutely nothing for Kenny. It's built up Page who was basically a lower card foregettable talent and now he's definitely giving me some solid top midcard talent vibes. We were able to get to know Page a little beyond just a short limbed fuck who could wrestle like his brother Adam Cole.

But holy shit has Kenny Omega just totally sucked. Sure, his in-ring shit is usually top notch but other than that? The guy went from ECW Lance Storm to WWE Lance Storm within a few months and now it's even worse. Now we have this potential singles feud between them but it should've been done 7-8 months ago. I hope they wrap this up at the next ppv.

As far as The Young Bucks.....Whatever. A team that just sucks now too. Superkicking that scrub Tony Khan, that's so DX of you two

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't really Miro's fault. Janela was definitely the worst last night. Botched 3 or 4 times.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    It wasn't really Miro's fault. Janela was definitely the worst last night. Botched 3 or 4 times.
    Joey Nutella might be the worst full time wrestler on any "major" wrestling show on TV right now.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joey Nutella might be the worst full time wrestler on any "major" wrestling show on TV right now.
    Somewhere Nia Jax is breathing a sigh of relief.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How Iong until Lana come in and join the gamer Miro as Lana Croft?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as she dresses in the old-school Lara Croft outfit and never wrestles, not soon enough.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere Nia Jax is breathing a sigh of relief.
    I guess the question bears asking -- What's worse, constantly and repeatedly hurting other people or constantly doing stupid shit clearly far, far beyond your skill level while barely managing to not hurt others and yourself?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wish she never joins AEW, but it will undoubtedly happen eventually.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the question bears asking -- What's worse, constantly and repeatedly hurting other people or constantly doing stupid shit clearly far, far beyond your skill level while barely managing to not hurt others and yourself?
    What's worse, being almost 40 and still being worked or being almost 40 and still being worked?

You probably think Undertaker was really buried alive.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nia is a worked shoot. They made her hurting people into part of her character.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Nia is a worked shoot. They made her hurting people into part of her character.
    I'm pretty sure that was the case for Becky, but she was hurting people before that...and after.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that was the case for Becky, but she was hurting people before that...and after.
    No more or less than pretty much any other wrestler. Not to mention I don't think we ever heard anyone in the WWE including the people she supposedly hurt saying they were legit injuries.

That's a major problem with people when it's a talent they don't like, or even worse, they like the gossip. So they just assume, well of course Nia hurts people look at her! All these dirt turds take their cue from Meltzer and spit it as fact because once upon a time she broke Becky Lynch's nose and made her a star.

My bad Seth Rollins couldn't do the same.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    No more or less than pretty much any other wrestler. Not to mention I don't think we ever heard anyone in the WWE including the people she supposedly hurt saying they were legit injuries.

That's a major problem with people when it's a talent they don't like, or even worse, they like the gossip. So they just assume, well of course Nia hurts people look at her! All these dirt turds take their cue from Meltzer and spit it as fact because once upon a time she broke Becky Lynch's nose and made her a star.

My bad Seth Rollins couldn't do the same.

Not included: Kairi Sane.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nia hurt my feelings once too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not included: Kairi Sane.
    So who in the WWE is on this video verifying Nia Jax actually hurt talent?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's worse, being almost 40 and still being worked or being almost 40 and still being worked?

You probably think Undertaker was really buried alive.
    Nia hurt Kairi Sane with fairly basic stuff, like two weeks in a row. And then once before that. She almost dropped Charlotte on her head, going for a shoulder-breaker. She potatoed Becky Lynch so hard it looked like her nose exploded.

Nia is bad. Very bad.

Joey Janela constantly fucks stuff up. Even in that tag-team match with Miro on Wednesday, he was completely out of position to catch Kip Sabian on that dive, he fucked up his part of a crossbody spot, to the point where Miro yelled at him.

And did you forget about how Nutella almost hurt Marko Stunt doing something stupid? Or when he tried some overly-complicated spot where he walked across his opponent's backs in a tag-team match and he just fell off on his ass?

Yeah.

I'm not "being worked".

Nia Jax and Joey Nutella are two of the worst wrestlers in a "major" promotion right now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia hurt Kairi Sane with fairly basic stuff, like two weeks in a row. And then once before that. She almost dropped Charlotte on her head, going for a shoulder-breaker. She potatoed Becky Lynch so hard it looked like her nose exploded.

Nia is bad. Very bad.

Joey Janela constantly fucks stuff up. Even in that tag-team match with Miro on Wednesday, he was completely out of position to catch Kip Sabian on that dive, he fucked up his part of a crossbody spot, to the point where Miro yelled at him.

And did you forget about how Nutella almost hurt Marko Stunt doing something stupid? Or when he tried some overly-complicated spot where he walked across his opponent's backs in a tag-team match and he just fell off on his ass?

Yeah.

I'm not "being worked".

Nia Jax and Joey Nutella are two of the worst wrestlers in a "major" promotion right now.
    Did Kairi or anyone from the WWE ever confirm Nia Jax hurt her? Nope. Again, you're getting worked brother.

It's wrestling. You cats out there that pick and choose who you want to claim is unsafe need to check your ID, see that you're about 40, and this shit is not for the weak. It might LOOK like Nia blasted Sane or fucked up Vega, but that's the point. Please don't watch any Japanese wrestling, I can only imagine how realistic you think that is.

Dude I'm not even speaking on Joey Janella. I have seen more stunts with him and Super Humman on Instagram than matches and to say this guy is somehow one of the absolute worst in the world among major promotions is probably not correct considering the amount of shitty wrestlers in just WWE there is lol.

You're being worked. Everything you and others say is regurgitated dirt sheet talk and/or thinking you're smart. Yeah, Nia broke Becky's nose and made Becky a mega star. Too bad when Rollins did it to Cena, that dude was already the man. I mean, I think Austin owes a lot of his success to Owen botching that inverted tombstone. Glass half full dude.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho & MJF...just quality. Loved it.

Wondering where they are going with it?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Man, Jim Cornette buries Miro and Brodie Lee a lot. Are they that bad in AEW? He buries others too, like Kenny Omega, Bucks, and Orange Cassidy, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Miro, I believe, has only ever wrestled for WWE right? Maybe that's a cause of issue, he doesn't know any other way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, Jim Cornette buries Miro and Brodie Lee a lot. Are they that bad in AEW? He buries others too, like Kenny Omega, Bucks, and Orange Cassidy, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Miro, I believe, has only ever wrestled for WWE right? Maybe that's a cause of issue, he doesn't know any other way.
    Pretty much Miro's been strictly WWE. He worked for a few small promotions for about a year before signing with the WWE in 2010.

With Cornette A-he probably wasn't a big fan of Rusev in WWE and B-he's shitting on the tag match from last week which did fucking suck. I don't think he shit on Miro too much, it was mostly Joey Janella and Sonny Kiss that he shit on.

Brodie Lee....Again he probably wasn't a fan of what he saw in WWE-if he saw anything. Or he just doesn't think he's very good. I agree with some of the stuff people do say about how these big dudes in AEW wrestling like Kenny Omega flying around and shit just makes no sense or having competitive matches with talent half their size.....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious where this "who attacked Matt Hardy" angle will go. Is there going to be a big reveal, or will it turn out to be Jericho in the end? Or will the drop it immediately? Hmm...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Knowing Matt, it's going to Maxell, Wolfgang, and Senior Benjamin who attacked him, thus setting up a 1 on 3 match at the next PPV. The match will take place entirely in a row boat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious where this "who attacked Matt Hardy" angle will go. Is there going to be a big reveal, or will it turn out to be Jericho in the end? Or will the drop it immediately? Hmm...
    Shit I didn't even know there was a question as to who it was I thought that was the "joke". That Jericho did it but he's playing dumb. Jericho and Hardy should do a program together. They've never worked a program together ever even after being in the same company pretty much 20+ years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah me too, I mean they’ve do the Hardy/Jericho/ Inner circle stuff already. Maybe it was MJF?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Yeah me too, I mean they’ve do the Hardy/Jericho/ Inner circle stuff already. Maybe it was MJF?
    Yet they interrupted a Matt Hardy segment last week.....Are we all watching the same show?

Matt feuded with the lackey and now he's about to feud with the leader. Again, are we all watching the same show?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not. I watch the Masked Singer on Wednesdays now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet they interrupted a Matt Hardy segment last week.....Are we all watching the same show?

Matt feuded with the lackey and now he's about to feud with the leader. Again, are we all watching the same show?
    He’s already feuded with Jericho though?

Yes I am watching the same show

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i've got a HOT TAKE. darby allin is the best wrestler in the world.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good opening match so far. Both these kids can go and deliver.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really a fan of this Miro crap. Could have easily brought him in as a tough, bad ass type, but he looks like a big softie.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Griselda's favorite wrestler. I love Eddie Kingston.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fell asleep after dinner, only caught the last hour of the show.

Not great.

-- I hate that they're wasting FTR in a feud with The Best Jackasses. Trent and Chuck should be a team that puts new guys over. The absolute bottom rung of the tag-team ladder. Jobbers to the stars. The best and brightest of the bottom of the barrel. Instead, they're getting a featured spot in a feud with one of the best in-ring teams in wrestling. FTR's going to drag these two idiots kicking and screaming into a passable match, that doesn't involve boards, pipes, chains, and crashing through car windshields -- but FTR should be doing so much more with a better team.

I know they're probably stuck in Japan because of Covid, but FTR vs. The Strong Hearts would be a fantastic TV feud.

-- Orange Cassidy vs. Dark Order 10 was... who cares? Not awful, not great. Perfectly good for an Orange Cassidy match. I guess we just have to accept it, AEW thinks Orange Cassidy is legitimately "elevated" now. He's still a sucky wrestler. Jim Cornette was absolutely right, Orange Cassidy hits the ropes in a profoundly strange way, compared to every other wrestler in the company. I don't know about you, but whatever that reverse piledriver thing was, I wouldn't want Orange Cassidy putting that on me.

-- Britt Baker is great. I love everything about her until that damn bell has to ring. She still needs work bell-to-bell. I feel like Red Velvet was supposed to take that curb stomp thing Britt was trying for to the mouth, since that's all about Britt's gimmick. But she didn't clue into it and just whiplashed herself twice.

-- Jon Moxley vs. The Butcher wasn't bad. But man, you could tell 'ol Every Time I Die gassed out quick. He was moving with all the urgency of a guy going to the electric chair. And when he couldn't get that stretch muffler on and just had to drop it, that killed it for me. The Butcher is a decent big man heater for his tag-team. But its obvious, of the two, Blade is the worker. This one was a slow one. And who the Hell thought the key to this match was to have Butcher, not known for his technical submission prowess, work Mox's leg over? This should have been a violent, smash mouth brawl, not Butcher playing amateur Ric Flair.

Eh. Either way, Mox wins and that's fine. Looking forward to Mox/Archer. I never saw their Japan match, but I heard it's good stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I can't comment on it too much, because I was still in a sleepy haze when it happened, but who in their right mind ever thought they'd see Billy F'n Mitchell on a wrestling show?

He's a Z-list "celebrity", who's more famous for cheating and suing anyone who looks at him cross eyed than anything, but he's exactly the kind of guy I'd expect AEW to get. Carny as fuck and somebody WWE wouldn't even "get".

He's the Eric Bischoff or Paul Heyman of the hi-score arcade championship world. An absolutely fascinating character. And he's a legitimate hot sauce millionaire. I hope he gets added to the crew with Miro, Sabian, and Ford. He'd make a great scuzzball manager.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s already feuded with Jericho though?

Yes I am watching the same show
    They never had a singles match. All that they had was that giant multi-man stadium match. Then Matt had a couple matches with Sammy then got hurt. If you watched last week then how can you think that Matt is some other possible feud?

Jericho and Swagger were backstage when Matt was attacked. Then Jericho and Swagger face off against Private Party, who are "managed" by Matt. Then The Inner Circle interrupts a segment with Matt Hardy and Private Party.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope this Inner Circle stuff leads to MJF leading them and Jericho turning face. Nation of Domination style.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they disband. The group is odd and makes zero sense. The NWO B-Team lead by Stevie Ray was more imposing.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slapjack

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they disband. The group is odd and makes zero sense. The NWO B-Team lead by Stevie Ray was more imposing.
    Odd and zero sense lol in what way like?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another very good week. Good matches with plenty of time, good Cody/Lee stuff to build for next week.

This MJF/Jericho stuff is very very good, coming along nicely.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd and zero sense lol in what way like?
    They don't gel. LAX trying to do comedy is ridiculous. Swagger just seems to be there because he's tall. I do enjoy Jericho and Sammy but they don't need the other 3 to make it work. I get that stables 9/10 times don't form via some 7 part Marvel movie plan but this was odd when it was formed and now that they've been going for about a year it doesn't really make any sense as to why they're a stable. Jericho could've surrounded himself with someone better than Swagger for one.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Remember when Jack Swagger was the big bad surprise debut on the debut episode

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaaaaaawwwnnn.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaaaaaawwwnnn.
    Finally you two agree on something.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like the Inner Circle but it would have been cool if it was the Good Brothers with Jericho, Sammy and Hager. Santana and Ortiz could have been with Eddie Kingston.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Finally you two agree on something.
    Anything is possible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Inner Circle but it would have been cool if it was the Good Brothers with Jericho, Sammy and Hager. Santana and Ortiz could have been with Eddie Kingston.
    If they knew Eddie was going to be in AEW last year I would agree. Weren't they all together in TNA?

Jericho running a stable is pretty interesting considering he's never been part of one in the past.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Dynamite has been hit or miss lately with their opening matches but Starks/Allin was a good one. It comes across to me that Allin is showing some more diversity in terms of how he'll work. He'll be aerial, he'll sacrifice his body, but he'll hit you with some solid technical or submission work. A well-rounded Allin is something I can get behind. Starks kind of got shown up over the course of the match, which was moderately surprising.

Cody's promo didn't do a whole lot for me in the early portion but it was better in the finishing section. The chaos at the end, while borderline excessive, made sense for all of the moving parts supporting both sides.

Really entertaining tag title match. Thought they did a nice job to create some moments where SCU looked like they could have gotten the win. FTR was great at playing their role. Blanchard tipping the scales in their favor, with FTR's penchant for bending the rules, will eventually make it that more gratifying when a team takes them down.

It always makes me chuckle when people hit Codebreakers better than Jericho so it was pretty funny to me that Kassidy hit an extra proper one on Jericho. Certainly seems blatant now that Jericho is in the business of building others up, now that the title is not in his sights. That's fine with me. The continued banter between Jericho and MJF was once again entertaining.

Seems like the ring rust wasn't present for Britt, which is great.

Meh main event. Not Moxley's fault. Butcher seemed incredibly limited.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Inner Circle is fine with Jericho, Sammy, and Hager. Santana and Ortiz should go out on their own.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Inner Circle is fine with Jericho, Sammy, and Hager. Santana and Ortiz should go out on their own.
    I get why they have Hager but they could find someone better, younger, someone with an actual upside and who gives a shit about how they look.

Hager looks like he just signs his checks over to his wife lol. "Fuck gear, fuck a haircut, fuck the gym, here you go wife!" Idk, I just always thought he was a guy in the wrong sport. He should've went to the UFC.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well he is still undefeated in Bellator.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he is still undefeated in Bellator.
    Sweet. He still should've went to the UFC. I don't know if Bellator was around when he started training in OVW.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet. He still should've went to the UFC. I don't know if Bellator was around when he started training in OVW.
    I don't think he's good enough for the UFC lol. Pretty sure he's 2-0 in Bellator and he beat two cans. Nothing spectacular