Page 57 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,700 of 15623

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    That's great. I need to watch this week's episode.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    My only issue with this week's episode is all the chaos around the ring. If you're going to do that, save it for one match. I felt like it ruined the main event which was off to a great start.
    See, that neverending chaos is what draws me to AEW. Remember watching ECW ppvs and they'd have like Chris Chetti/Nova v. FBI. That would somehow turn mid match into those teams v. DOring/Roadkill then it'd somehow end with Jazz pinned Spike Dudley.

Those are the type of shows, that Russo meets XPW meets No Mercy N64 type shows that have always drawn well. Look at the ratings. 1.2 million. People saw all that WWE bullshit over the last week and said nope, fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    1.2 million viewers damn. RAW was doing around 1.5-1.8 before Mania.
    Exactly. It's not hard to tell which company is going to be 1.5-1.8 this time next year and it ain't WWE Raw. I'd be shocked if Raw got 1.2 this week as fucking terrible as it was, I imagine the drop off after hour 2 had to have been significant.

I'm still not sold on the idea that the rating is a result of the move. I used to think that it was probably the same audience minus 1-2,000 viewers but I'm not sure. 1.2 million for AEW isn't exactly unheard of. I think it's purely coincidental that they hit 1.2 million. The show already had serious hype with the TNT title match and the tag team title match plus you had Thunder Rosa v. Ivelisse advertised and I'm sure many fans wanted to know what would happen with Jericho after appearing on WWE programming Sunday night after Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    That's great. I need to watch this week's episode.
    Watch last week's too

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did 1.2 mil?! I thought the rating would be up, but not by that much. I wonder how much of a factor Tyson was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    See, that neverending chaos is what draws me to AEW. Remember watching ECW ppvs and they'd have like Chris Chetti/Nova v. FBI. That would somehow turn mid match into those teams v. DOring/Roadkill then it'd somehow end with Jazz pinned Spike Dudley.

Those are the type of shows, that Russo meets XPW meets No Mercy N64 type shows that have always drawn well. Look at the ratings. 1.2 million. People saw all that WWE bullshit over the last week and said nope, fuck that.
    Fair enough. Having a chaotic atmosphere can definitely draw people in. I prefer a bit more controlled chaos, but it was still preferable to the post 'Mania RAW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did 1.2 mil?! I thought the rating would be up, but not by that much. I wonder how much of a factor Tyson was.

Fair enough. Having a chaotic atmosphere can definitely draw people in. I prefer a bit more controlled chaos, but it was still preferable to the post 'Mania RAW.
    Tyson's probably the biggest name in sports right now. His comeback fight a few months back was insanely huge. Just like in 1998 when he was responsible for elevating WWE into the mainstream he's elevated AEW into the mainstream. I would even go as far to say that Tyson and Rodman were responsible for the boom in pro wrestling in 1997-1998. If AEW could get Rodman....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're TK, who are you bringing in first? Joe? Maybe. We might see an nWo type angle where we have Joe, Christian Cage, Archer, Mickie James, Sting, and maybe Chris Jericho form this TNA-invasion style group. You ask why I mention Jericho, well his band did debut a video on Impact once upon a time and you need that super huge crossover name to turn on the company they're in (AEW).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Watch last week's too
    How do you know I didn't?

Well you're right, I didn't. But I read it wasn't such a hot show. Will try and check out both over the weekend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    How do you know I didn't?

Well you're right, I didn't. But I read it wasn't such a hot show. Will try and check out both over the weekend.
    Oh sorry I was just implying that you should watch last week's too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think Dynamite would pull a 1.2 mill. Pretty impressive. It will be intriguing to see if they gather around roughly the same mark next week.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    I didn't think Dynamite would pull a 1.2 mill. Pretty impressive. It will be intriguing to see if they gather around roughly the same mark next week.
    Why not? It's practically the same audience. They've pulled a number like this in the past so I'm not saying my opinion is beyond anything but an opinion. I just think the number reflects the obvious. NXT moved to Tuesdays, they had a slight bump but we also have the joy of being able to watch NXT on multiple platforms anytime we want whereas outside of DVR, you either watch AEW on WEdnesdays or wait for them to put clips on Youtube that night.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're TK, who are you bringing in first? Joe? Maybe. We might see an nWo type angle where we have Joe, Christian Cage, Archer, Mickie James, Sting, and maybe Chris Jericho form this TNA-invasion style group. You ask why I mention Jericho, well his band did debut a video on Impact once upon a time and you need that super huge crossover name to turn on the company they're in (AEW).
    You know what? That sounds awesome. And it makes perfect sense. Christian is already kinda heelish, Archer is disallusionsed with AEW's decisions, Micke's worked with Impact before, so she has no allegience to AEW, and Sting, despite being ALL ELITE, was in TNA for a good while. Add Jericho as the Austin type, and that makes gold. Plus, it makes Impact seem like a bad ass force that can actually take out AEW's people. Right now they're playing second fiddle, but at some point if they're going to have a working relationship, they have to go on top for a good amount of time. BOOK IT, Tony!!! Man, IMPACT needs to find a way onto TBS. I've said it before. More eyeballs, cross network promotion, historical context (Saturday nights would be perfect for them). WHY CAN'T WE BE IN CHARGE OF THIS?!//1//1?
    Last edited by Supernovametalstar; April 18th, 2021 at 7:46 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    You know what? That sounds awesome. And it makes perfect sense. Christian is already kinda heelish, Archer is disallusionsed with AEW's decisions, Micke's worked with Impact before, so she has no allegience to AEW, and Sting, despite being ALL ELITE, was in TNA for a good while. Add Jericho as the Austin type, and that makes gold. Plus, it makes Impact seem like a bad ass force that can actually take out AEW's people. Right now they're playing second fiddle, but at some point if they're going to have a working relationship, they have to go on top for a good amount of time. BOOK IT, Tony!!! Man, IMPACT needs to find a way onto TBS. I've said it before. More eyeballs, cross network promotion, historical context (Saturday nights would be perfect for them). WHY CAN'T WE BE IN CHARGE OF THIS?!//1//1?
    We pretty much are in charge of this. Tony Khan is right around my age, he's not someone my parents/grandparents' age trying to appeal to a younger audience. It's ridiculous that 25 years ago, wrestling was tailor made for 18-49 demographic. I'm only 39, in 1996, I can't eve imagine how incredible it felt being a fan my age. I mean I know what it was like as a 15-18 year old during the MNW so it'd be nice to recapture that feeling.

AEW v. NXT was like WCW 1996/1997 v. WWF Superstars in 1995. That's why you see so many wrestlers from that late 90's early 2000's that show up in AEW and immediately thrive, immediately hit that same level of ability they had that Vince and Kevin Dunn hindered so much.

I mean for fuck's sake, Vince can't even figure out what to do during a rain delay so how he's going to figure out how to manufacture crossover stars like he did with Austin, Rock, Hogan, Diesel, Shawn, Cena, etc. He's lost it and these releases really show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ivelisse is out already? TK doesn't mess around.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Is she the same one who stiffed someone in Mexico?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So Ivelisse is out already? TK doesn't mess around.
    Rumor has it she yelled at Jerry Lynn and didnt wanna job clean to Rosa. Yeah, fuck her.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    no?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For some reason I keep thinking Ivelisse is that tall NXT rookie, Isis the Amazon

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're thinking Sexy Star when she tried to snap Rosemary from TNA's arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Rumor has it she yelled at Jerry Lynn and didnt wanna job clean to Rosa. Yeah, fuck her.

no?
    Yeah for one, you yell at a top shelf legend like Jerry Lynn you might as well never work in the business again.

If Britt Baker can job clean to Thunder Rosa then so can Ivelisse.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    jerry lynn produces the women's matches, so gettign into a shouting match with him over taking TR's finisher is just stupid.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I was thinking of Sexy Star, I'm going mad

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jerry lynn produces the women's matches, so gettign into a shouting match with him over taking TR's finisher is just stupid.
    Oh see I'm out of the loop. So does Kenny Omega have anything to do with the women's division? I guess I only read he was BOOKING it, doesn't mean he's also producing. Kind of weird Jerry Lynn would be in that spot but hey, a match is a match no matter the gender. Cradle Piledriver time.

I mean I understand there might be some heat between the women but you have a job to do. Ivelisse, I know she's a hot head but she's not Teddy Hart. I imagine this was the last straw and they don't really NEED her.

AEW are building up a women's division that can spare losing 3-4 consistent talents. Have you seen Dark? They have probably 250 (no joke) wrestlers in general cycling through that show alone. I've seen 10-12 different women that haven't even appeared on Dynamite that honestly should be getting more airtime. I get that Conti is super hot, but she seems a little Ivelisse-ish to me as well. Kind of surprised she's the #1 ranked female in terms of challengers. As much as I love AEW, this is probably my only real honest gripe. Her and Red Velvet. Overpushed.

Jade Cargill...I'm sorry but she belongs in the WWE. Not a knock on AEW, it's not a competition I just feel like the WWE model and how they could showcase her on all those platforms.....AEW is sports entertainment but they're a wrestling promotion. WWE could take Jade Cargill and blow her the fuck up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of Sexy Star, I'm going mad
    It's understandable. Both were top players in Lucha Underground, both Latino, both assholes.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Konosuke Takeshita is really good. I wonder how long he's going to work with AEW?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Konosuke Takeshita is really good. I wonder how long he's going to work with AEW?
    Ahhh yeah from DDT. Hey, Ibushi got his start in DDT and Kenny Omega really blew up there as well.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ahhh yeah from DDT. Hey, Ibushi got his start in DDT and Kenny Omega really blew up there as well.
    Do you watch Dark or Elevation? He's been on both I think.

I thought about making a separate thread for Dark/Elevation to talk about the enhancement talent mostly. I still might. I know Hero watches it too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you watch Dark or Elevation? He's been on both I think.

I thought about making a separate thread for Dark/Elevation to talk about the enhancement talent mostly. I still might. I know Hero watches it too.
    I just started watching more and more Dark within the last couple weeks but it's while I'm doing some night work so I'm not always payin attention. They have like 40 matches on Dark lol.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    already on his way back to Japan.

he’s really good tho

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    already on his way back to Japan.

he’s really good tho
    Noooooooooooo

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That MJF promo was straight fire.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tay vs Shida was a great match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tay vs Shida was a great match.
    So was I trolling or are you finally embracing the vision?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So was I trolling or are you finally embracing the vision?
    I still don't know I buy that Shawn Michael's hindered her performance and Jerry Lynn enhanced it. I also think Dustin Rhodes is working with the women too. Part of it could just be getting more experience. There's going to be a difference for anyone wrestling 2 years vs 4 years. She is good though and this seemed like a test, also hints of a Shida heel turn?

What the hell was the thing with Moxley and Kingston? They messed that up. Just put the new elite or whatever back in the trailer and cut to Cutlers camera as Moxley and Kingston come in and beat everyone up left standing or something.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tay conti was very much just overlooked in NXT and from what it sounds like, she was taught to work very soft, which worked against her natural instincts from martial arts...

leaving wwe, she seems to have gone on a deep dive of All Japan and started learning how to work stiff and that laying her shit in can be safe and look awesome. Give her another year to get her timing and ring psychology down pat and she'll be one of the best in the business. She's already so much better than she ever was in the NXT system

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tay conti was very much just overlooked in NXT and from what it sounds like, she was taught to work very soft, which worked against her natural instincts from martial arts...

leaving wwe, she seems to have gone on a deep dive of All Japan and started learning how to work stiff and that laying her shit in can be safe and look awesome. Give her another year to get her timing and ring psychology down pat and she'll be one of the best in the business. She's already so much better than she ever was in the NXT system
    Is there an interview about this? I'd like to read it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say that there is a possibility that she would've been given more time as some of the better talents moved up the ladder but the oversized roster of both companies is a huge negative. I'm glad WWE are cleaning house, there will be some people released that various fans will shake their first about, I do it all the time for at least 1-2 talents. I think if they didn't have 400 people in developmental, someone like Tay Conti wouldn't have slipped through the cracks and become so disinterested in what NXT was offering.

It's like in Rocky 3 where he trades in the high tech training for the old stomping grounds of Apollo Creed and look what happened.

By this time next year Tay Conti will be a front runner for being the first AEW ppv main evented by a woman.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is there an interview about this? I'd like to read it.
    I dont have one direct reference for this, it's come up on her twitter and in various portuguese & spanish interviews she's done. From what I gather, at the PC they just run the same drills over and over and not really teaching the funadmentals of match psychology and structure.

I will say that there is a possibility that she would've been given more time as some of the better talents moved up the ladder but the oversized roster of both companies is a huge negative. I'm glad WWE are cleaning house, there will be some people released that various fans will shake their first about, I do it all the time for at least 1-2 talents. I think if they didn't have 400 people in developmental, someone like Tay Conti wouldn't have slipped through the cracks and become so disinterested in what NXT was offering.

It's like in Rocky 3 where he trades in the high tech training for the old stomping grounds of Apollo Creed and look what happened.

By this time next year Tay Conti will be a front runner for being the first AEW ppv main evented by a woman.
    Looking ahead, AEW's women's roster is gonna be insane in another year or so.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have one direct reference for this, it's come up on her twitter and in various portuguese & spanish interviews she's done. From what I gather, at the PC they just run the same drills over and over and not really teaching the funadmentals of match psychology and structure.

Looking ahead, AEW's women's roster is gonna be insane in another year or so.
    This part I don't agree with at all because the proof is in the talent. The NXT system works, it's just bloated. Conti is a victim, not of the system but of timing.

Trust me, at first I thought Tay Conti was getting the super push in AEW as a way for AEW to try and make a nothing talent in NXT into a top tier player. But then when you see her matches and nobody can look at a Charlotte Flair or Bayley or Asuka and not say Tay Conti isn't on that same level now.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This part I don't agree with at all because the proof is in the talent. The NXT system works, it's just bloated. Conti is a victim, not of the system but of timing.

Trust me, at first I thought Tay Conti was getting the super push in AEW as a way for AEW to try and make a nothing talent in NXT into a top tier player. But then when you see her matches and nobody can look at a Charlotte Flair or Bayley or Asuka and not say Tay Conti isn't on that same level now.
    So, i agree that she's definitely a victim of being overlooked in the bloated system, but take a look over the history of NXT and look for people who were trained at the PC that have gone on to be great wrestlers. Charlotte and Sasha seem to be the top ones I can think of and they worked there during the Bill Demott and Dusty Rhodes days. I have no clue wtf is going on at the PC anymore...the trainers seems to not put as much work into the trainees and instead focus on the people who come in off the indies and need the final WWE polish.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My 4th grade teacher was Mrs. Conti. Can't remember her first name. Sure she's dead now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlooked, absolutely, and also put in the ring way too soon before she even knew what kind of wrestler she was. Her BJJ was always mentioned, but they wanted her to be kind of that crazy chick that would yell in peoples' faces "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" and boy that was cringe. Her offense right off the bat was awkward and miles away from looking convincing... then she took some time away and worked on her body, then her overall look started to come together, her offense started to take shape, and she even started to show genuine personality not forced crazy junk. And being grouped with Caesar Baloni and that other BJJ dude didn't stick, but she was starting to show real potential.

WWE letting her go was the best thing to happen to her. She's clearly done her homework and will totally be a big name in a year or two.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, i agree that she's definitely a victim of being overlooked in the bloated system, but take a look over the history of NXT and look for people who were trained at the PC that have gone on to be great wrestlers. Charlotte and Sasha seem to be the top ones I can think of and they worked there during the Bill Demott and Dusty Rhodes days. I have no clue wtf is going on at the PC anymore...the trainers seems to not put as much work into the trainees and instead focus on the people who come in off the indies and need the final WWE polish.
    I mean, even veterans like Sami Zayn benefited from being in NXT. I'll be honest, was never a fan of El Generico on his own. Loved the KO tag-team stuff against the Briscoes and if there were maybe people he was wrestling I really liked I would check it out in ROH or PWG. But I 100% love him as Sami Zayn.

We also can't forget that AEW isn't developmental. NXT is a glorified developmental system almost in the same vein as ECW or USWA. Obviously moreso ECW with the television exposure. Because there are definitely wrestlers who I think were better in NXT and nowhere else so far. The Revival is a great example. Love their matches but I loved them more in NXT than Raw/SD or AEW.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW: 1.104 million18-49: 0.37

over a mill two weeks in a row. Nice.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Shows it wasn't a fluke.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows it wasn't a fluke.
    Who said it was a fluke? I think 99.9% of the fans knew that people were channel surfing and when NXT moved to Tuesdays AEW would see a bump in ratings.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure there are NXT fanboys trying to say so. Not necessarily on this forum, just in general.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are NXT fanboys trying to say so. Not necessarily on this forum, just in general.
    Maybe. You posted saying it's not a fluke. Who said it was a fluke?

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    two million+ ratings two darby allin main events

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe. You posted saying it's not a fluke. Who said it was a fluke?

I'd rather watch The Circle on Netflix than play this circle game.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather watch The Circle on Netflix than play this circle game.
    Better than The Inner Circle.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://dailyddt.com/2020/10/14/eddi...anywhere-else/

This interview is a little old by this point, but it's a pretty worthy read. I feel like every time I get to peek into Eddie Kingston off camera, he comes off as the most genuine dude who just wants to live well and see others do the same. He's so humble about his role in wrestling and is positive as fuck without being some kind of stooge for a company. He's pretty much earned me as a fan forever barring some sick shit comes out about him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    NXT probably has the same, if not more viewership. A lot of peple wait for it to show on Peacock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    NXT probably has the same, if not more viewership. A lot of peple wait for it to show on Peacock.
    that's a big assumption. people can do the same thing with Dynamite on the tnt app like I do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's a big assumption. people can do the same thing with Dynamite on the tnt app like I do.
    NXT you can watch it live, Hulu, Peacock, plus the scandalous fans who post shit on Youtube and I'm sure there are other places.

Dynamite, eh no so much. You're probably the only person I've heard say they watch Dynamite on the TNT app.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watch it live on the TNT app with my parents cable info because I don't have or need cable. With all these streaming services it seems like I'm close to paying for cable though. If I couldn't do that I'd just download it and watch it a couple hours after it aired, which I do sometimes also if I'm too busy to watch it live.

@PurePlayer how long does the episode take to show up on the TNT app? Next day?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Remember NXT, with the rookies? That was getting 2.5 ratings to begin with. 11 years later look how much things have changed. And that was on SyFy. Not sure but I would guess that's in less homes than TNT or USA Network.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's rad news for them. Hopefully they keep it fluctuating around the 900k-1.1m range.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think someone made it clear why these shows are breaking a million, especially in that key demographic of 18-49 year olds. I can't deny it either. I was so wrapped up in thinking that there wasn't a war when it fact there was. Now people want to watch the winners of the war.

Here's the thing. If NXT was so great, USA would have put soccer on Tuesdays. Who the fuck watches soccer? I'd rather watch curling. What are soccer ratings, 0.04? So obviously nobody gives a shit about soccer or they'd have the same ratings if not better regardless of the channel.

I know when WWE won the MNW war, they went from 8-9's to 11-12's because the WCW audience had to get their fix. DDP, Booker T, Sean O'Hare, Chavo Jr, Kronik, Hugh Morrus, they even had Kaz Hayashi in developmental for a day I think lol. He said naw, I'll hold out for CHIKARA.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so who does kenny drop the impact belt to..

there's no way he is losing it in a one on one match

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Moose

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Samoa Joe

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian Cage or Samoa Joe. Then that person will put over Moose.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch it live on the TNT app with my parents cable info because I don't have or need cable. With all these streaming services it seems like I'm close to paying for cable though. If I couldn't do that I'd just download it and watch it a couple hours after it aired, which I do sometimes also if I'm too busy to watch it live.

@PurePlayer how long does the episode take to show up on the TNT app? Next day?
    I am pretty sure you can watch it live and right when it's over as the very least.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure you can watch it live and right when it's over as the very least.
    For someone who watches it on the TNT app you'd think you would know a little more about it.

Hmmm.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    so who does kenny drop the impact belt to..

there's no way he is losing it in a one on one match
    CM Punk

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All trolling aside I don't think he's going to drop it to anyone in a match. I have a strong feeling he's going to come out and Shane Douglas that shit on Dynamite this week. Then Impact will have a tournament with Moose going over.

Either that or they should put the belt on TK. WWE put the ECW strap on Vince so why not? We've seen worse. Was David Arquette ever booker of the year?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone who watches it on the TNT app you'd think you would know a little more about it.

Hmmm.
    LOL whatever you say ND. How does that have an impact on when I watch it? I have to know the exact second it drops? I usually check out the show over the weekend if I don't watch it live.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL whatever you say ND. How does that have an impact on when I watch it? I have to know the exact second it drops? I usually check out the show over the weekend if I don't watch it live.
    So do you watch it live on the TNT app?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watch it live on the TNT app. I'm still wondering how long it takes for the episode to show up on the app after it airs. I would bet next day.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to sign in through my friend's cable provider to use the TNT app but I never use it for that specific reason. He DVR's the shows and then we get together either that night or the next day. Or I'll just go on youtube because they literally post everything by segment as it's happening to their youtube channel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do you watch it live on the TNT app?
    when did i say I did?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when did i say I did?
    You didn't specify how you watched Dynamite live so that's why I'm asking you. Not that hard to grasp.

But you did say you watched Dynamite on the TNT app, so I'm asking you, do you watch it live on the TNT app?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't specify how you watched Dynamite live so that's why I'm asking you. Not that hard to grasp.

But you did say you watched Dynamite on the TNT app, so I'm asking you, do you watch it live on the TNT app?
    No.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One big negative to the TNT app is that you can't watch the full episodes unless you are signed in to a cable provider or pay for the app. It'll let you watch the first 5 minutes and that's it. But at least they give you that first 5 and usually AEW comes out the gate like Nitro used to with a CW-style match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One big negative to the TNT app is that you can't watch the full episodes unless you are signed in to a cable provider or pay for the app. It'll let you watch the first 5 minutes and that's it. But at least they give you that first 5 and usually AEW comes out the gate like Nitro used to with a CW-style match.
    That's correct. I use my parent's cable log in for it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I read a week or two ago that AEW was looking to start their own streaming service. Perhaps with their partnerships with Impact and New Japan, they'll have a lot of content.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I read a week or two ago that AEW was looking to start their own streaming service. Perhaps with their partnerships with Impact and New Japan, they'll have a lot of content.
    GFW/Impact whatever the fact has one I think.

I don't think they'd be able to show Impact or NJPW without a decent deal in place. Especially NJPW because they have their own streaming service. Right now AEW are putting everything up on Youtube as it airs on TNT so they should just stick with that method for the time being.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    yeah, IMPACT PLUS, New Japan World, Honor club all exist already, If AEW gets into streaming, why would they strike a deal with anyone else? These places already have their own things and most of them are really good too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage I guess you could put the B and C shows along with old ppvs and maybe some of the BTE. Content is key and I think everyone knows what people like out of the wrestling world.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked it up, and Paramount network, former TNN, former SpikeTV, gets about 80 million households (back in 2018). Right now AXS which has Impact has 50 million. Since there is precedence for wrestling being on the former one, why not try to get on Paramount? It says they're trying for more scripted programming, but they used to do reality shows all the time. That's pretty much what wrestling is, a hybrid of the two. Impact needs more exposure, as does New Japan. I'd even toss in Ring of Honor. Too bad pretty much all the high output channels are gobbled up by either NBC Universal or Turner or Fox. I don't think Disney would touch wrestling. Actually, doesn't MeTV have a nationwide distribution at this point? Why not syndicate it? Hmm....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish they would have pinfalls for the Blood n Guts match. What's the difference between submission and surrender?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would have pinfalls for the Blood n Guts match. What's the difference between submission and surrender?
    tap out or a verbal admission of quitting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    I just looked it up, and Paramount network, former TNN, former SpikeTV, gets about 80 million households (back in 2018). Right now AXS which has Impact has 50 million. Since there is precedence for wrestling being on the former one, why not try to get on Paramount? It says they're trying for more scripted programming, but they used to do reality shows all the time. That's pretty much what wrestling is, a hybrid of the two. Impact needs more exposure, as does New Japan. I'd even toss in Ring of Honor. Too bad pretty much all the high output channels are gobbled up by either NBC Universal or Turner or Fox. I don't think Disney would touch wrestling. Actually, doesn't MeTV have a nationwide distribution at this point? Why not syndicate it? Hmm....
    Who's to say they haven't tried?

The reality is that we wrestling fans think wrestling has this huge fanbase here and it doesn't. There isn't a desire to have wrestling on these channels.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited to see Yuji Nagata in the states. That should be a trip. Against Mox, too, so that should be sick.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I'm excited to see Yuji Nagata in the states. That should be a trip. Against Mox, too, so that should be sick.
    Check out his WCW work, mainly his matches against Ultimo Dragon in WCW, if you haven't seen anything of his prior (in the states at least).

Mox is easily my favorite in AEW so I'm ready for this. If anyone can make Nagata look like he's in his prime, it's Moxley. Especially if we have some blood and glass in the mix. Idk if I've seen Nagata in a hardcore style match before.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How is Billy Gunn allowed to use Billy Gunn in AEW? Does he own the rights to the name?

Looks in fantastic shape for nearing 60.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Billy Gunn allowed to use Billy Gunn in AEW? Does he own the rights to the name?

Good question because he couldn't use the name in TNA so I wonder if maybe when he came back 5-6 years ago he was able to get the trademark.

When you're on that juice you're going to look sweet at 60.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should've been William Pistol in the Impact Zone. Missed opportunity.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will E Gatz

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Firearm

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely think if AEW does introduce the trios titles that the Gunns should be the first champs. I have a feeling it'd be Omega and the Bucks, but if not them definitely the Gunns.

Any truth to the rumor that TK is working on a deal with CMLL?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would actually like the first Trios Champs to be Death Triangle

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I definitely think if AEW does introduce the trios titles that the Gunns should be the first champs. I have a feeling it'd be Omega and the Bucks, but if not them definitely the Gunns.

Any truth to the rumor that TK is working on a deal with CMLL?
    cmll just broke up w ROH, but that has to do with Rush starting his own Mexican promotion. AEW seems to very much be enjoying their relationship with Triple A.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

he doesn’t. He uses the name “Billy” and just gets introduced as “Billy and Austin Gunn” to get around it. I think on the AEW website he’s even just listed as “Bill”

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he doesn’t. He uses the name “Billy” and just gets introduced as “Billy and Austin Gunn” to get around it. I think on the AEW website he’s even just listed as “Bill”
    I know for a fact he's been called Billy Gunn on Dark and Dynamite but I think everytime it was done by Taz or JR. Kind of like when Heenan was always calling Meng "Haku". But that makes perfect sense if that's how they get around it, fucking genius actually.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked and he's actually listed as Billy Gunn on their roster page now. Definitely used to just be Billy, though. WWE must've dropped the trademark recently.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler if need but did anyone feel let down that we haven't had any 69ing going on in a while?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I just checked and he's actually listed as Billy Gunn on their roster page now. Definitely used to just be Billy, though. WWE must've dropped the trademark recently.
    They also have Mr. Brodie Lee and Awesome Kong on the roster page. I think they should have an alumni section, like WWE.

Is Awesome Kong a part of AEW?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Nice! That woouldn't be too big of a shock after WWE gave up their claims to Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho recently.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a show.

Punk is right, nobody better on the mic than Kingston. Seeing Kenny with all the gold (but no Mega title, weird) puts a stamp on the career this man has had. Kenny should start calling himself Kenny "Overeem" Omega.

We haven't seen a champion this decorated and skilled since Lance Storm. Who IMHO had he been given the WCW World title we would've been talking about WCW to this day or at least until 2002.

What I don't get though is having Orange Cassidy beat Penta. I think OC is fantastic, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the lack of Pentagon in the main event.

All in all 9/10.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, i believe there's an issue with showing the Mega Championship on TV. When Jeff Jarrett was Mega Champion years ago, he had to use a fake faceplate and call it the "Mexican championship"

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    btw, someone posted this on reddit i thought it was awesome:

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ign-guild_.pdf

page 4.

orange cassidy is a freaking architecht

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we're going to get a jacket war between WWE and AEW. Pockets and Kyle O'Realllly rocking similar denim jackets and now the Young Bucks got the Smedium size Rollins jackets lol.