Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Thanks for reminding me.
    Second one wasn't for you big fella.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of his match with MJF, Cody has been delivering good stuff in the ring so I imagine Cody/Archer is going to be entertaining. AEW is definitely capitalizing on the momentum Mike Tyson has been establishing for himself over the last few weeks. Not sure if it's ideal for Archer but I imagine we're seeing Cody winning the title, Archer bitching and eating a punch from Tyson. Or maybe have MJF mock Cody after the win and reignite that feud and MJF eats the punch.

Women's 4-way had its moments, both good and bad (sloppy), but it seemed like the right woman won. It was interesting that Britt was more interested in Kris out than trying to prolong the match. Seems like a decent feud to build.

I like what they're building in terms of the angst Allin is having with Taz.

I didn't know what to expect from Jericho and Pineapple Pete but I guess the brevity of the match was fine. It really didn't need to be much and was built inadvertently, I presume. So does the Stadium Stampede match sub in for the Blood and Guts match? I'm guessing that's the takeaway as they probably felt like they couldn't wait out the return of crowds. I know it's been building for a while but this still somehow seems...rushed. They've got one episode of Dynamite to re-establish Page and the Bucks, which seems less than ideal. I don't doubt that the match will be entertaining, but it just seems like its timed poorly.

Main event match and segment didn't get me that much more excited for the title match at DON. It was all fine but didn't seem like it was that compelling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm digging Iron Mike being at the upcoming ppv. Anytime a legendary boxer, MMA fighter, etc. can be part of the show, even just in the crowd, always a positive.

I wish I could say I'm excited for Moxley but damn it's the either the Covid-19 or just ass booking but nothing since he won the title has felt as good as leading up to it. In reality, when you look at the landscape of AEW, there wasn't much to look forward to in terms of contender's unless they wanted to give MJF the push push. It made sense. But then homeboy got hurt, so maybe that was the original plan.

I can't find a positive in Brodie Lee in his current status. I don't think they really thought through the Dark Order and are still trying to figure it out. Brodie just doesn't do it for me. His look is all wrong for the role imo and here we are again with more WWE v. WWE talent. This doesn't seem like a feud that ends when Mox gets the W at the ppv....I personally think we should be seeing Moxley v. Omega right now. People's attention span is too short in this day and age to slow build and spread shit out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think the empty arena has really hurt Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy. Their debuts would have been electric in front of a loud crowd. Part of me thinks they should have waited until the fall to debut both of them. But they were pushing the Exalted One for weeks before the empty arenas started, dragging that out until the fall would've been lame.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm digging Matt but Brodie has been a wet fart for me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think the empty arena has really hurt Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy. Their debuts would have been electric in front of a loud crowd. Part of me thinks they should have waited until the fall to debut both of them. But they were pushing the Exalted One for weeks before the empty arenas started, dragging that out until the fall would've been lame.
    There would have been a big hole in the card without Lee and Hardy. No one knew how long the quarantine would last and there were no guarantees when they'd be able to debut in front of an audience. They're under contract and ready to perform, so I think it's perfectly fine to use them now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would of put Brodie in the role that the Murder Hornet has with Jake as his mouthpiece until he’s established and put Bianca Belair in the Dark Order. Expecting a guy who has never really had a strong run as a singles star lead a stable that is cartoonish isn’t a great start. I’m not even sure what the Dark Order gimmick is, are they a really poor ripoff of Mr. Robot? Or spoofing McMahon?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I would of put Brodie in the role that the Murder Hornet has with Jake as his mouthpiece until he’s established and put Bianca Belair in the Dark Order. Expecting a guy who has never really had a strong run as a singles star lead a stable that is cartoonish isn’t a great start. I’m not even sure what the Dark Order gimmick is, are they a really poor ripoff of Mr. Robot? Or spoofing McMahon?
    The Dark Order are an incel cult of guys who failed at life and love. But somehow, we're supposed to take them seriously as a bunch of Big Billy Badasses, because they all dress like El Santo monster movie extras, some of whom throw worse punches than someone who was born without arms.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't help that the Dark Order's Lieutenants (for lack of a better word) Evil Uno and Stu Grayson have been MIA for a while, so it's just Brodie and a bunch of jabronies. Hard to take them seriously when Lee is the only major threat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It doesn't help that the Dark Order's Lieutenants (for lack of a better word) Evil Uno and Stu Grayson have been MIA for a while, so it's just Brodie and a bunch of jabronies. Hard to take them seriously when Lee is the only major threat.
    Hey now, don't discount Dark Order #10. He's... I got nothing. He looks okay without a shirt. I like his tattoos. Dude throws a mean spinebuster.

I've been saying it forever, but Stu Grayson really needs to tighten his look up a little. "Generic bald guy with a decent body" doesn't scream "threat" at me. Stu should lean into the fact he looks like Kratos from the old God of War games. He should paint up all of his bare body parts/face with ashen white body paint and then paint on red highlights over it.

As far as Evil Fatso goes... Eh... There's not much you can do to help him. At least now that Brodie Lee's there, we don't have to listen to Evil Fatso talk.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I wasn't really watching AEW before, but Super Dragon should have been the Exalted One. Dude doesn't have to wrestle. Dude doesn't even have to talk. He would still be the logical idol of all them wrestle dorks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I wasn't really watching AEW before, but Super Dragon should have been the Exalted One. Dude doesn't have to wrestle. Dude doesn't even have to talk. He would still be the logical idol of all them wrestle dorks.
    Raven should have been The Exalted One. He wouldn't have to wrestle or even bump, but he'd be a much better talker than Brodie Lee. Make Brodie Lee the muscle of the group.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Raven should have been The Exalted One. He wouldn't have to wrestle or even bump, but he'd be a much better talker than Brodie Lee. Make Brodie Lee the muscle of the group.
    Oh yeah. I forgot it's Dark Order not Dork Order...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Agreed here.

Matt’s character defo needs the crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought the Cody/Lance stuff was sloppy, Jake on the mic didn’t help anything and he was just in the way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Agreed here.

Matt’s character defo needs the crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought the Cody/Lance stuff was sloppy, Jake on the mic didn’t help anything and he was just in the way.
    Also, Jake sounded like he'd spent the day gargling broken glass and concrete before he went out to cut that promo. Its a good thing for his sake there wasn't a crowd there. Because you wouldn't have been able to understand him over anything louder than a quiet whisper.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to Jericho/Pineapple Pete all week and it was way too short considering the build on commentary. I mean yeah Jericho was always gonna win (though it would've been cool if he got too cocky and lost) but they still could have made it a bit more competitive and make Jericho lose his mind that he nearly gets beat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I deem the same.

Hopefully in a few months, they have another match and Jericho does the cocky heel stuff again but loses.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey now, don't discount Dark Order #10. He's... I got nothing. He looks okay without a shirt. I like his tattoos. Dude throws a mean spinebuster.

I've been saying it forever, but Stu Grayson really needs to tighten his look up a little. "Generic bald guy with a decent body" doesn't scream "threat" at me. Stu should lean into the fact he looks like Kratos from the old God of War games. He should paint up all of his bare body parts/face with ashen white body paint and then paint on red highlights over it.

As far as Evil Fatso goes... Eh... There's not much you can do to help him. At least now that Brodie Lee's there, we don't have to listen to Evil Fatso talk.
    I've never gotten Evil Uno's gimmick. If he's Evil Uno, shouldn't there be an Evil Dos and Evil Tres?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Looking forward to Jericho/Pineapple Pete all week and it was way too short considering the build on commentary. I mean yeah Jericho was always gonna win (though it would've been cool if he got too cocky and lost) but they still could have made it a bit more competitive and make Jericho lose his mind that he nearly gets beat.
    That seems like a traditional way to go with it, but I really don't mind what they did. I highly doubt they planned to book Pete into an angle of consequence and Jericho just made it something out of a thin air. It worked for me, especially if Pete isn't doing anything major going forward.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I've never gotten Evil Uno's gimmick. If he's Evil Uno, shouldn't there be an Evil Dos and Evil Tres?
    Stu Grayson used to be known as Player Dos to Uno's "Player Uno".

I'm guessing the idea is that his name now just translates to "One who is evil" as opposed to "Evil #1"

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    That seems like a traditional way to go with it, but I really don't mind what they did. I highly doubt they planned to book Pete into an angle of consequence and Jericho just made it something out of a thin air. It worked for me, especially if Pete isn't doing anything major going forward.
    You’re right in that “Pineapple Pete” just happened to catch fire and that in the grand scheme of things not much harm was done. I just figured if they can given the likes of Jungle Boy 10 minutes against Jericho then a few extra minutes would have been nice for Pete.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I agree. I expected Jericho to get cocky and them to have a competitive-ish 5 or 6 minutes before winning decisively. Don't think what they did really achieved much.

I think I'm going to order the PPV on Saturday. Should be quite fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re right in that “Pineapple Pete” just happened to catch fire and that in the grand scheme of things not much harm was done. I just figured if they can given the likes of Jungle Boy 10 minutes against Jericho then a few extra minutes would have been nice for Pete.
    One is likely or presumably likely to be a key figure in AEW for several years. The other is questionable to be on any given episode for the foreseeable future. Pete might have earned himself a job but that doesn’t mean they had to book him like Jungle Boy, because they’re not on the same trajectory.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could’ve been a decent showcase of what Pete could do though to people not familiar with him even if it wasn’t absolutely necessary for storyline advancement as such.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could’ve been a decent showcase of what Pete could do though to people not familiar with him even if it wasn’t absolutely necessary for storyline advancement as such.
    Nothing wrong with that, but nothing wrong with what they did either...especially if there's just as likely of a chance of him not hanging around as more talent is coming back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Stu Grayson used to be known as Player Dos to Uno's "Player Uno".

I'm guessing the idea is that his name now just translates to "One who is evil" as opposed to "Evil #1"
    Thanks for the background

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I agree. I expected Jericho to get cocky and them to have a competitive-ish 5 or 6 minutes before winning decisively. Don't think what they did really achieved much.

Jericho vs Pete, Best of 7!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Ok, scrub that. It’s £50.

Big jump from Revolution being £20.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well my brother has paid 20 notes for us, Any chance you are looking at dollars there bud.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still about £40 though in fairness their PPVs are less frequent throughout the year.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No, My brother has paid 20 notes for the show.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    No, My brother has paid 20 notes for the show.
    Unless he got a cheap deal or only paid half so far, £20 is not $50.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well he has paid 20 quid over here, If US are paying a lot more that is their problem lol

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Murphy try subscribing to Fite TV. You get all the other AEW shows too.

Whole bunch of other stuff too like New Japan, UFC, boxing. Fighting programs like the name suggests lol.
    Last edited by Badger; May 19th, 2020 at 4:53 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I was looking briefly last night and it was £48.99. Sterling. Weird to jump the price now.

I'll take a look at subscribing, but I'm not all that keen on anything else on there, to be quite honest.

Now looking it says $19.99, US.

OK, that'd be fine.
    Last edited by Murphy; May 19th, 2020 at 5:33 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww yeah... its that time again, time once again, there's time enough at last... break your eyeglasses, avoid their spyglasses, and watch some wrestlers bust their asses! Its another *cough* *cough* Corona-proof heaping helping of absurd wrestling action as the derelict Dickensians of AEW bring you another night of AEW....

- We're 4 days away from AEW's Double Or Nothing -- Where the house always wins -- and we're sure to see some decks stacked and some card sharks playing a hand of Blackjack so hot, you'd need a coal miner's glove to hold them. So let's spin the wheel, make the deal, and prepare for a go-home show of epic wrestling action as....

- Noted piss drinker Jake "The Snake" Roberts has a face-to-face discussion with "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson -- Regarding Jake's recent treatment of Brandi Rhodes and Lance Archer's treatment of the Rhodes men.

- In his debut AEW singles match, noted crazy person "Broken" Matt "Damascus" Hardy takes on Sammy "Le Sex God" Guevara in what's sure to be exciting action.

- Jon Moxley, fresh off of defeating Kazarian in a hotly contested match last week, tries his luck against Dark Order #10. We don't know who this mysterious warrior for Dark Order's cause is, but he looks good without a shirt and has some cool tattoos. Can #10 soften up Moxley enough for Brodie Lee to finish him off Saturday?

- MJF takes on AEW's Make-A-Wish kid turned wrestler, Marko "Stunted Growth" Stunt. MJF is scheduled to face Jungle Boy Jack Perry this Saturday, but he has to get through Jungle Jack's angry midget mascot first.

- "Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy takes on Ray "Felix" Fenix in a match featuring two guys from the Casino In The Bank Ladder match, set for Saturday. Last week, Fenix gave our little dog Pockets quite the kick to the head, can Cassidy shake the cobwebs loose and win tonight?

- In exciting tag-team women's wrestling action -- "The Native Beast" Nyla Rose and Dr. Britt Baker, DMD take on the team of Hikaru "Follow My Instagram" Shida and Kris "Botchin' With The Alien" Statlander. Shida and Rose are on a collision course for Saturday, as are Baker and Statlander. What could this match mean for both of those exciting singles bouts?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Hangman” Adam Page is the only cowboy I’ll ever cheer for on a football field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No place to get a beer, Hangman. All the bars are closed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's just a weird disconnect with Lee and The Dark Order since Uno and Grayson are nowhere to be found. The whole speech with Lee wasn't captivating either. Moxley's promos were good but the rest involving the title match doesn't seem to be clicking, and it's definitely overshadowed by the stuff with The Elite and The Inner Circle. Depending on the day and the mood, it could even be behind the TNT title setup, as well.

It seems like there's always a fine line they have to walk when it comes to Stunt and his ability to get going within a match. It feels excessive when he gets too much in a match and I think they tend to barely float too much in that direction outside of blatant squashes on him.

The stuff with Anderson and Roberts felt flat to me. It felt like they were in the mindset to get themselves over as legends who could deliver with promos more than getting the guys they're seconds for and the magnitude of the match over. Dustin kind of readily being able to fight at DON also undercuts the severity of the beatdown Archer was supposed to be giving to him, which was supposed to be adding more fuel for Cody.

The very distinctive look and feel for Allin's and PAC's individual promos were very nice. The fact that both were rough around the edges in very different ways really added toughness to the respective characters.

Not a surprise but Fénix and Cassidy was a good match. Camera work was dodgy though as they missed the ball shot that led to the finish and didn't show a replay of it. The spot with Fénix during the brawl looked pretty bad. At the very least, he got the wind absolutely knocked out of him but his back took a major beating that was unnecessary (and they showed a replay of that). Basically, everything after the setup to the pin looked rough.

Women's tag match didn't do much and it was sloppy. From Kris not connecting on a enziguri and Britt selling it, to tossing Nyla onto Britt but having the brunt of Nyla's weight landing on Britt's lower leg, it just wasn't a good night at the office. Hopefully Britt is okay but that didn't look good.

Guevara sells the ever-loving shit out of the Twist of Fate. Goodness. Jericho having a bat over the last few weeks seems to be a hint at something they could be angling towards in the future. It was good to see the Bucks and Page back. Page had to be blown up to hell after that segment ended. He ran onto the field, made a right and then booked it a good 50-60 yards to deliver the lariat. It would have been hilarious and epic if he could have come in via horseback. Good callback to have him walk away as the job was done.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a weird angle with The Dark Order dorks, because for most of their inception and a lot of their buildup, Stu Grayson and Evil Fatso came across as the "leaders" of the whole group.

And then, all of a sudden, they just announce they've been lackeys for somebody else? Its like if WCW got Jake Roberts in 1998 and Raven, during his whole Flock deal just said, "Hey, I'm not really the leader. Here's noted piss drinker Jake "The Snake" Roberts! All bow to the true master. Quote the Raven, nevermore."

Its silly.

WWF managed to circumvent it with The Higher Power thing by just making it Vince McMahon and playing it off that Vince was just a psychotic prick who was willing to use and abuse his entire family to fuck over one guy.

It feels like "Higher Power"/true leader/exalted one/Grand Poobah of the Order of The Water Buffaloes angles never seem to pay off in a satisfying way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE should steal AEW’s idea of having wrestlers as the crowd, I really dont care much for AEW but I watch more of it than Raw or SD and I think it’s because the small crowd is still better than the silence on Raw/SD.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally said "fuck" and "damn" out loud when I saw the Fenix spot on the floor, and not soon after that, Orange Cassidy looking like he broke both his ankles on the barricade. The women's match it looked like Brit got her knee jacked up, too. I know they want to put on a good show with these empty arena deals, but I'd hate to see someone get something career ending over a spot that wasn't planned better or just some random shit like what happened with Ember Moon and her achilles in a stupid 24/7 chase skit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week 03: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week 04: 963,000 viewers
    Week 05: 759,000 viewers
    Week 06: 822,000 viewers
    Week 07: 957,000 viewers
    Week 08: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week 09: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers
    Week 33: 701,000 viewers

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or does AEW not have enough singles wrestlers for the Heavyweight Championship? I don't get how Brodie has a shot at the title, but i feel like he got one because they dont really have anyone to challenge Mox.

Now with the TNT title in the mix, there will be even less guys going for titles, unless the same guys challenge for the TNT and Heavy belts, which I'm not a fan of. TNT belt should be for guys like Darby, MJF etc. Put the strap on any of the young fellas, build them up a little more, then have them challenge for the World Heavyweight belt.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    I literally said "fuck" and "damn" out loud when I saw the Fenix spot on the floor, and not soon after that, Orange Cassidy looking like he broke both his ankles on the barricade. The women's match it looked like Brit got her knee jacked up, too. I know they want to put on a good show with these empty arena deals, but I'd hate to see someone get something career ending over a spot that wasn't planned better or just some random shit like what happened with Ember Moon and her achilles in a stupid 24/7 chase skit.
    That was a nasty bumb by Fenix. I've seen him take some doozies in his career, but this was just painful to watch. I couldn't tell if Cassidy got hurt or not because they focused on the Fenix replay, but he did look a bit shaken after landing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a definite dearth of challengers right now for Mox's title, but it seems like they're starting to build some guys up. And there's always --

- Jericho (Again)
    - MJF
    - Lance Archer (if he doesn't win the TNT Title)
    - Kenny Omega
    - "Hangman" Adam Page
    - PAC
    - Matt Hardy
    - Dustin Rhodes
    - Darby Allin

Granted, a couple of those guys are faces, but Moxley is the kind of babyface who wouldn't mind beating up other faces. Mox could be a great long-term fighting champion, if they just keep building guys up, building to a major pay-per-view or even a TV special, and blowing it off and then building up the next guy and so on and so on. Its Wrestling Booking 101. Mox won the title in a well-executed story and then defended his title in a killer match against Jake Hager. This weekend, there's not much doubt that Moxley is going to vanquish redneck Charles Manson.

Its classic territory booking on TV. Build up a challenger by having the challenger beat jobbers and underneath guys for a while, challenge the champion, and the champion turns them away in great match at a big event.

But we need to see another long-term feud eventually. Because Moxley can't live on filler feuds alone for too long.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Fenix bump last night and Cassidy fucking himself up.

That was all kinds of messy. It was so bad, when they cut away from the clusterfuck pileup after the last guy hit his dive and cut back, you could hear (I think) Colt Cabana yelling at Kip Sabian or somebody (it looked like Kip) something to the extent of "back off him, bro!" or something like that. Definitely not in-character. Colt was worried about somebody in that car crash pileup being really hurt.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's so deep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly completely AEW related, but if anyone's played Streets of Rage 4, it seems like the game developers really are either big wrestling fans or just fans of Pockets. There's a whole enemy type in that game who attack you with just kicks and the like and never take their hands out of their pockets.

Also, wasn't Kenny Omega involved in the marketing for this game? I guess it all makes sense now that I think about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some injuries at this week's Dynamite. Britt Baker suffered an injury to her knee. It's suspected she could have a torn ACL, but they're waiting for her to get an MRI.

It was obvious that Fenix got got banged up on that dive, but he's still expected to compete at Double or Nothing.

Matt Jackson may have broken a rib from the cross body he did during the brawl at the end of the show. They're waiting for an update, but he'll likely still be at DoN.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumo...or-a-long-time

https://ewrestling.com/article/aew-s...r-nothing-2020

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a definite dearth of challengers right now for Mox's title, but it seems like they're starting to build some guys up. And there's always --

- Jericho (Again)
    - MJF
    - Lance Archer (if he doesn't win the TNT Title)
    - Kenny Omega
    - "Hangman" Adam Page
    - PAC
    - Matt Hardy
    - Dustin Rhodes
    - Darby Allin
    Kenny and Hangman are tag team champions though. I feel like maybe Hangman should have won the titles with someone else and maybe Kenny challenging Mox

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Rough news re: Britt Baker who has been one of the breakout stars of the coronavirus era.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Matt Hardy isn't "Dumbass Kiss" tonight?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joey Janella looks like the Wendy's girl after an eight month meth binge with that fucking hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Joey Janella grew up with both of his biological parents, but they still treated him like a redheaded step-child.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butcher And The Blade look like two sailors on shore leave tonight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn... we've got a Revival on our hands...

Praise the Lord!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butcher and blade buried lol. Intrigued to see what they do with the Revival

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, The Revival are being called "FTR" now?

Fuck The Revival?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, The Revival are being called "FTR" now?

Fuck The Revival?
    Fear The Revolt i believe. Fuck the Revival would be better though haha

Edit: i might be wrong though lol
    Last edited by JuveLeo; May 27th, 2020 at 8:33 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to Brian Cage on Twitter once: Love the fact that his finish - The Drill-Claw - is actually named after one of Wolverine's moves from Marvel vs. Capcom.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt's really starting to grow on me. She is a fantastic heel and on the mic. I hope she has a speedy recovery

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

File Photo -- Britt Baker trying to escape Tony Schiavone's leering gaze.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Revival should be called The Resistance or The Resistants because they resist anything that doesn't fit the mold of what they think tag team wrestling should be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like Britt riffing on Jericho's old conspiracy victim schtick.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    I like Britt riffing on Jericho's old conspiracy victim schtick.
    Britt riffing in the "crowd" to Jericho's theme was great too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the segment with the bucks and Hardy was leading to him going back to the original Hardyz look which was pretty similar to current bucks and not his forgettable look as a heel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're giving this jobber chick a lot of offense on Shida. Somebody must be high on her.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prediction -- By December 2021, Hikaru Shida will have a new name, a better grasp of English, and be working with Charlotte Flair in the WWE.

She's too good for this company's women's division.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're giving this jobber chick a lot of offense on Shida. Somebody must be high on her.
    They do this with everyone lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how times have changed, this AEW crowd sounds like a packed house at MSG compared to what we've had the past few months.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It's funny how times have changed, this AEW crowd sounds like a packed house at MSG compared to what we've had the past few months.
    Florida's gonna Florida.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Modern Day" Marc Mero and Sable with... this asshole.

Fun Fact: Jimmy Havoc is immune to the Coronavirus due to his many other infectious diseases cancelling out its effects.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't think of a bigger nightmare Hell scenario than The Best Friends vs. Sabian and The Plague Mutant on pay-per-view for the Tag-Team Titles.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW just posted a picture on their Instagram account revealing a new FTR shirt that says F*ck The Rest. So, im assuming that's what FTR stands for?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penelope Ford's blonde hair has gone passed the point of "platinum blonde" and now she looks like a silver-haired old woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    AEW just posted a picture on their Instagram account revealing a new FTR shirt that says F*ck The Rest. So, im assuming that's what FTR stands for?
    That's kinda cool.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ... they even say "Title Opportunity" in this company.

That's WWE language.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Wardlow not cornering MJF anymore? Don't see him out there and didn't see him on Saturday either.

Edit: oops this is the battle royale lol my bad

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Doctor is OUT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sonny Kiss just got thrown out like a (rotten) fruit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this feeling wardlow is going to throw out MJF lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the biggest bunch of fucking geeks I've ever seen in one match.

I'm pretty sure The Librarian and The D&D dork don't weigh as much as Billy Gunn combined.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the biggest bunch of fucking geeks I've ever seen in one match.

I'm pretty sure The Librarian and The D&D dork don't weigh as much as Billy Gunn combined.
    Lmao

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez, Billy Gunn looks like he's 7 feet tall. Goes to show you Wardlow and luchasaurus aren't that big lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ.

Fuck Orange Cassidy.

This stupid cocksucker almost suffocates in every room he walks into. The air is too ashamed to let him breathe it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woof... thank God.

Cody Rhodes vs. Jungle Boy should be really good shit.

The right guy actually won one of these for once.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're really promoting Fyter Fest as taking place "some time this summer"?

They're saving the show until the Coronavirus is over and people can come back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should keep these cheerleaders around for as long as they're taping in Daly's Place. They could be the AEW version of the Nitro Girls.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does HBO Max have "Arli$$"?

Vickie's back... my ears might never be the same.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inner Circle have a bunch of t-shirts they can't get rid of, with spelling errors on them?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao whos the goof in the white shirt in Tysons posse?

Plus, i really hope Rashad evans, Vitor and Cejudo dont become wrestlers

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Mike Tyson hung out with a ghost, a pigeon, and a little Korean girl?

Who the fuck are these dorks with Mr. Ear Biter?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a cringe segment. Basically ripping off the tyson/austin segment like 22 years ago. Kind of lame in my opinion.
    Last edited by JuveLeo; May 27th, 2020 at 10:04 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Kind of cringe segment. Basically ripping off the tyson/austin segment like 22 years ago. Kind of lame in my opinion.
    Ripping it off and doing it worse. Tyson was a fucking beast in 1998, when he could have beaten Austin to death with one arm behind his back. Now Mike's a gibbering old man who looks like a deflated balloon. He's not scary anymore. He's actually kind of adorable. Like a declawed kitten who could still probably punch your face into a fine paste.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh...

i seem to love everything you folks hate and hate everything you folks love.

If you simply hate an angle because it's a copy of an older angle, forget it, every single angle being done nowadays is inspired by something from the past.

And Tyson sure still looks scary when you compare him to your average person, or even boxer, just as your average 1998 wrestler/'superstar' seems much more intimidating than today's do.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opener was decent enough but it was all about the post match stuff. Saw a note that today was the 24-year anniversary of Scott Hall popping up on WCW for the first time. Guess that was enough of a trigger point for FTR.

Think the segment with Britt needed to be tightened up a little bit but it was funny. They definitely got lucky that Britt's not severely injured.

There's a fine line Cody seems to walk whenever he gets into these longer promos. It can almost come off at times like he's trying to be a heel. I guess the stuff with Butcher & Blade (and Bunny) is still that's been played out on Dark and they're no longer a trio. Considering me uninterested in see what comes of Butcher & Blade and Allie going after Marshall.

Interesting to see them teasing dissension between MJF and Wardlow. Jungle Boy is good enough to be the winner of the battle royal but this is just set up to be another instance where he gets a spotlight loss. That's going to become a tired trope for him sooner rather than later.

The final segment was alright. It was a blatant rehash of the Tyson/Austin segment from Raw but it clearly had many factors that worked against it in trying to live up to that original. I guess the segment was good but I have my suspicions in regards to this being able to really move the meter for AEW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Tyson in AEW in 2020 doesn't create much, if any buzz like it did in 98. Maybe in 2037 they'll sign Floyd Mayweather to face the biggest man in their company which after watching the battle royal is Billy Gu... oh I mean Billy.

Vickie yelling are you kidding me? Made me laugh, WWE really does own everything... even excuse me!
    Last edited by Tim; May 28th, 2020 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Anyone else watch Dark? I hadn't seen it for months, but watched most of this week's. Haven't seen the main event yet. Taz is great on commentary and I love having a 2-man booth.

Just a few wrestling matches, no nonsense. I really found it quite fun.

And I was quite impressed with the Dark Order chap, the one with the mask and the beard. He moves really well and is pretty smooth.

Might watch Dark a bit more often.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I get wanting to bring Tyson in to create news stories, but why redo an angle from 22 years ago? Jericho is no Austin, and 2020 Tyson is no 1998 Tyson. It's like when TNA duplicated the Montreal Screwjob.

Surely they could have come up with something new and fresh for Tyson to do. Man, I would have started with Jericho, Moxley, and Dustin Rhodes to help get eyes on the product, but then hire an ex WWE guy like one or two a year. With Lee, Hardy, and the Revival all joining in the span of 3 months, it's a bit too much, in my opinion. Are we going to get a FTR promo that bashes WWE and their tag team division? Probably.

TNT title being defended every week is a cool idea, it brings back memories of John Cena's US title challenges, which I beleive Stardust challenged him for.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, AEW doing this Mike Tyson angle with Connor McGregor or even Floyd Mayweather would have been money. Because those two guys are still killers. Mike Tyson is just the goofy guy with a silly cartoon and the "Hangover" movies to his credit now.

He's as dangerous as a box of big fluffy ducks.

Tyson in '98 was a guy who could turn your face into a fine, red mist with one punch. He was a fucking lunatic who beat rape charges and ended fights in 3 rounds or less. The guy hit like a subway train. And WWF got him right after the Holyfield ear biting thing.

AEW is totally trying this about 15 years too late. And with the wrong guy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Honestly, AEW doing this Mike Tyson angle with Connor McGregor or even Floyd Mayweather would have been money. Because those two guys are still killers. Mike Tyson is just the goofy guy with a silly cartoon and the "Hangover" movies to his credit now.

He's as dangerous as a box of big fluffy ducks.

Tyson in '98 was a guy who could turn your face into a fine, red mist with one punch. He was a fucking lunatic who beat rape charges and ended fights in 3 rounds or less. The guy hit like a subway train. And WWF got him right after the Holyfield ear biting thing.

AEW is totally trying this about 15 years too late. And with the wrong guy.
    Pretty sure Mike Tyson could knock a lot of people out with one punch still to this day, but I think his time has come and gone as a box office attraction.