User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hangman and Kenny have really good combo moves. That was the takeaway I had from that first match. Pretty humorous to see Page drinking with fans as he walked through the crowd during the commercial.

Not surprised that the women's title match was a shit show. Why? Because they already tipped off the fact that the match wasn't worth a damn. After Statlander won the opportunity a few weeks back, Brandi came out and overshadowed the fact that a title match was set altogether. With that being the case, it makes sense (in a very stupid way) that they decided to continue that trend with the match itself being dumb and hallow.

Hilarious that MJF ended up tweeting crap about DDP in the ring during the promo. That's 2020 as hell. Probably not promising for the prospects of Butcher and Blade if DDP could take them out in relatively easy fashion lol.

SWERVE, BRO to finish the show but it worked out well and made Moxley look smart.

I Shall Return... Spudz Mackenzie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    How are you bigoted apart from racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia that you frequently post?
    Well.... if that's what you mean then yeah, I get it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a really bad episode.

Daniels looked idiotic, Hangman looked like a loser, Dark Order looked like high schoolers playing a role in a class play, The Womens Title match was embarrassing, Brandi buried her own show and character, Private Party does not know how to get sympathy (gimmick is a heel gimmick), DDP's promo was boring, DDP punked out Butcher and Blade, I don't want to hear about every wrestler's Insta and Twitter, The Moxley turn was obvious and flat, the Crowd sucked, Jurassic Express vs Best Friends was mediocre - I feel Jurassic Park is missing the boat.

What a mess!

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    high points:

i'm enjoying hangman more, like this slow turn.

sammy winning was nice. 2 wins this year, might be slowly building him up for a protege/mentor battle with jericho? hoping that the daniels downfall involves him actually making the dark order something to watch, or just a full turn without em. he just needs a change.

the last segment went on way too long, but at the end, it did it's job. i wonder what moxley will do with the car next week

mjf is still great. orange cassidy is over as fuck.

low points:

most of the women's stuff. although i do like when they have talent ringside watching the match.

kinda continued on that, this luther shit. he might be cool, like his look, but what a shit debut. excaliber saying THAT'S LUTHER does nothing. he is part of a niche product from years ago. not sure how we were supposed to react to him. they did the same shit with butcher and the blade.

ddp went on way too long. not even really excited to see him wrestle, but at least it's a 6-man.

i would have had lucha bros go over the rhodes, but meh, that's neither here or there.

all still more entertaining that the live show yawnfest hosted by spudz in here

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    high points:

i'm enjoying hangman more, like this slow turn.

sammy winning was nice. 2 wins this year, might be slowly building him up for a protege/mentor battle with jericho? hoping that the daniels downfall involves him actually making the dark order something to watch, or just a full turn without em. he just needs a change.

the last segment went on way too long, but at the end, it did it's job. i wonder what moxley will do with the car next week

mjf is still great. orange cassidy is over as fuck.

low points:

most of the women's stuff. although i do like when they have talent ringside watching the match.

kinda continued on that, this luther shit. he might be cool, like his look, but what a shit debut. excaliber saying THAT'S LUTHER does nothing. he is part of a niche product from years ago. not sure how we were supposed to react to him. they did the same shit with butcher and the blade.

ddp went on way too long. not even really excited to see him wrestle, but at least it's a 6-man.

i would have had lucha bros go over the rhodes, but meh, that's neither here or there.

all still more entertaining that the live show yawnfest hosted by spudz in here
    I had no clue at all that he was in FMW. I've seen a ton of shows and I don't even remember seeing him at all. The only reason I even know who this guy is because a few months back Jericho tagged him in a picture with Mike Awesome I believe when he was Gladiator. But yeah, I don't remember him at all but I guess he's a solid dude.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i expect to see him vs jimmy havoc in one of his first matches. if he wrestles. dude is 51 and barely ever had a presence in the U.S.

might go watch him get killed by mike awesome in ecw to see what he even was like.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i expect to see him vs jimmy havoc in one of his first matches. if he wrestles. dude is 51 and barely ever had a presence in the U.S.

might go watch him get killed by mike awesome in ecw to see what he even was like.
    shit I didn't even know he was in ECW. But there were a lot of flash in the pan jabronis that you'd only see get mauled by 911 or some shit.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have no clue who Luther is.. was he in anything US prior?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    He was in FMW between 93 and 94. By the sound of it he was mostly a midcarder who didn't even really do many deathmatches, let alone making a name for himself in them. He's also one of Jericho's oldest friends in wrestling and since he's never done much of note anywhere a lot of people are calling it cronyism.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    He lukes like if Billy Corgan and George Steele had a baby

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    He was in FMW between 93 and 94. By the sound of it he was mostly a midcarder who didn't even really do many deathmatches, let alone making a name for himself in them. He's also one of Jericho's oldest friends in wrestling and since he's never done much of note anywhere a lot of people are calling it cronyism.
    kinda figured, since the picture collage aew tweeted had some disposable camera-esque shots. you'd think there would be better ones if he was a big deal.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to hate on this in terms of "cronyism" because it's life lol. I mean, if you can deliver, then it's all good. Not everyone caught the eye of Eric Bischoff and Vince McMahon back in the day and it's a crapshoot today with so many more wrestlers and so little spots on the national/global platforms.

A lot of wrestlers have jobs because they know someone. Look at Adam Page. The guy is about as exciting as an empty can of Shasta. I've seen paint dry that got over more than Adam Page. Yet, here he is....

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers

Wayne Rooneys Derby Slutty Macwhoreface's Avatar
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Guess who hasn't tweeted again @Murphy lolz
    Update @Murphy they haven't tweeted since to Decemeber 5th

Can't wait until they tweet begging people to buy the next PPV.

I mean they said they would explain why eps were always late, Never did and now radio silence, Why is AEW putting up with this shit.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update @Murphy they haven't tweeted since to Decemeber 5th

Can't wait until they tweet begging people to buy the next PPV.

I mean they said they would explain why eps were always late, Never did and now radio silence, Why is AEW putting up with this shit.
    What choice do they have? Being serious, what other options and what should/can they even do about it?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It’s bloody annoying, but at least, for me at least, I can watch NXT instead. Having that earlier on BT is grand.

I’ll just plan to watch Dynamite on Sunday nights from now on.

ITV are shite. Such a shame. If they can’t get it to drop on the Hub on Thursdays, which they clearly can’t, it should have a better slot on ITV4 on Friday nights.

Wayne Rooneys Derby Slutty Macwhoreface's Avatar
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What choice do they have? Being serious, what other options and what should/can they even do about it?
    Breach of contract, Get a network that gives a shit and can deliver. I mean if they (itv) say 9pm thursdays and haven't met this once and have been getting worse (Can be Fri evenings 24 hours after the fact) and now haven't communicated in a month when they promised improvements and explanations there is a serious fucking problem there and they are turning UK fans off and given it's their (aew) secondary market I think maybe they would like to sort it, I appreciate what you were trying to do though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    There’s me raving about BT Sport and NXT and the main event is missing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny Omega gets a king's entrance and looks like he just rolled out of bed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that people were fooled by the Moxley-Jericho segment has shown that wrestling may have passed me by....

Or I watch way too much wrestling.

Or I'm actually smart, and the AEW fans that were in the building (and online) that bought it, are gullible AF and maybe I should start a wrestling federation.

Shit, if they fell for that - there's nothing I can't accomplish

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private Party have potential. They just need to clean things up and they could be a big part of the division for years to come.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but Brandi is stinking the place up with this gimmick. I don't know if it's the execution or that she's not nearly as good as she thinks she is.

I like Sammy the more I see him. He should be part of the Inner Circle long term. There's allot they can do with him.

I like that they actually worked Daniels botch into a storyline instead of completely ignoring it.

Even though it was obvious, I really liked the Mox swerve.

Don't just stare at it... Bagel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After about the first month I haven't seen full episodes consistently enough, but did like what I saw with Sammy from the start. It'll be better when they may introduce a secondary title and he could be a good one to put the title on for awhile.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    The fact that people were fooled by the Moxley-Jericho segment has shown that wrestling may have passed me by....

Or I'm actually smart, and the AEW fans that were in the building (and online) that bought it, are gullible AF and maybe I should start a wrestling federation.

AEW fans all want to think they're the "smartest" of the so-called "smart" fans, so the fact that AEW swerved people without a swerve is, in itself, a swerve. And that caught a lot of assholes who think they know better, way off guard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, after a couple weeks of building off of it, was Daniels falling on his head doing that Arabian Moonsault a legit botch, or no? Because I'm still not sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    1-01
    Cody vs. Darby Allin opened with 1,074,000
    Second half of Cody vs. Darby Allin lost 105,000 viewers and 31,000 in 18-49
    Riho vs. Nyla Rose vs. Britt Baker vs. Hikaru Shida gained 47,000 viewers including 34,000 in 18-49
    Dark Order promo and beginning of Jon Moxley vs. Trent lost 104,000
    Jon Moxley vs. Trent/Chris Jericho’s offer gained 67,000
    Dustin Rhodes vs. Sammy Guevara lost 13,000
    MJF promo lost 39,000 viewers but gained 9,000 in 18-49
    Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs. Pac & Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix lost 34,000 viewers and 11,000 in 18-49

Finished with 893,000

1-08
    Kenny Omega & Adam Page vs. Private Party opened with 1,013,000
    Ending of Omega & Page vs. Private Party/Omega chases PAC lost 69,000
    Riho vs. Kris Statlander/Brandi + Nightmare Collective gained 17,000
    Christopher Daniels vs. Sammy Guevara/Dark Order lost 48,000
    Dustin & Cody Rhodes vs. Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix/Arn Anderson gained 28,000
    MJF promo with DDP, BBB, etc. stayed even
    Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt vs. Trent & Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy lost 44,000
    Chris Jericho's offer with Jon Moxley gained 73,000

Finished 970,000

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    So, after a couple weeks of building off of it, was Daniels falling on his head doing that Arabian Moonsault a legit botch, or no? Because I'm still not sure.
    The more I keep seeing it the more it looks like it was intentional.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post

Could be they were hoping that Moxley actually did join the Inner Circle. That would have been way more interesting, for me at least.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times did they repeat the same angle though? We had what, 3 different "Are they going to join?" segments.....All done a little differently but Jesus Christ not by much.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    If you think about it, wrestling storylines are all repetitive.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW fans all want to think they're the "smartest" of the so-called "smart" fans, so the fact that AEW swerved people without a swerve is, in itself, a swerve. And that caught a lot of assholes who think they know better, way off guard.
    lol

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If you think about it, wrestling storylines are all repetitive.
    But if you're trying to do a distinct angle, why repeat it 2-3 times throughout the show? Yes, you can nitpick down to the bone but I'm just saying there was no real variety when it came to the non-wrestling angles they did on this show. They have a couple storylines right now that are the exact same, all this recruiting shit. Nightmare Collective, Inner Circle, Dark Order, is this the AEW draft? lol

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you're trying to do a distinct angle, why repeat it 2-3 times throughout the show? Yes, you can nitpick down to the bone but I'm just saying there was no real variety when it came to the non-wrestling angles they did on this show. They have a couple storylines right now that are the exact same, all this recruiting shit. Nightmare Collective, Inner Circle, Dark Order, is this the AEW draft? lol
    You also have the well under the radar (or completely shelved) angle of Spears and Blanchard trying to recruit a tag team partner.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Probably cause it's easier to get people involved if you're in some stable. With only 2 hours of TV a week, talent's not gonna be showcased as much. Stables give people a way to be seen and not forgotten I suppose. And Is he or isn't he joining a group is a good cliffhanger. Seems to have worked as the episode had more viewers tune in to see Moxley's decision.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Probably cause it's easier to get people involved if you're in some stable. With only 2 hours of TV a week, talent's not gonna be showcased as much. Stables give people a way to be seen and not forgotten I suppose. And Is he or isn't he joining a group is a good cliffhanger. Seems to have worked as the episode had more viewers tune in to see Moxley's decision.
    Right but if that's the only angle between 15-20 people it just seems overdone like a motherfucker.

IDK if the gain was due to wanting to see his decision or just wanting to see people they actually know and care about. Right now it's the main storyline, pretty much whatever Jericho is doing is the main storyline and he's also the biggest name by a mile.

So I think that again, if you do the same angle for 4-5 different feuds on one 2 hour show then that shows a real lack of creativity.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I's kind of hilarious that they had multiple recruitment angles on one show, and they all failed If they're going to do that, at least have one succeed.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    statlander looks so bad in this match

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know who came up with the idea for Sammy to use Bob Dylan style cue cards, but it's brilliant for the screen in screen.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this 6 man tag rules, best match on the show for sure.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that match was quite decent

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    main event was really, really good. those two have great chemistry. nice to see a fast paced workrate style match on AEW that's all about really well executed moves rather than fake looking, overly complicated spots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have voluntarily removed my negativity.

Joey Janela and Mel are some of the worst wrestlers I have seen.
    Last edited by Sinner; January 16th, 2020 at 12:24 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of the meh wrestling in the female tag match, that felt like a pretty solid episode. Not ideal to have the finish of a match in the midst of a replay, which is taking up the bigger box in the picture-in-picture setup. You hate to see that, lol. Liked the first and last match of the evening quite a bit.

Part of me is just rolling with the assumption they beat Moxley up like they did and he had the eyepatch just so he could have the pirate feel for the cruise next week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    according to Keller that female match was one of the worst match/segment in a long time.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should suspend women's wrestling on this show until they land some actual talent.

It's terrible.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    according to Keller that female match was one of the worst match/segment in a long time.
    I'm not sure if I would go that far but it wasn't good. I highly doubt there's been a week where the women were in serious contention for being a standout portion of an episode but there's likely been multiple instances where they've been in contention for being the worst part of an episode. Statlander looked promising at first but I haven't been that impressed the last two weeks. Some of the stuff caught on camera that she was trying to do early in that match last night was really bad. Is the pool of available talent in America that bad?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I'm not sure if I would go that far but it wasn't good. I highly doubt there's been a week where the women were in serious contention for being a standout portion of an episode but there's likely been multiple instances where they've been in contention for being the worst part of an episode. Statlander looked promising at first but I haven't been that impressed the last two weeks. Some of the stuff caught on camera that she was trying to do early in that match last night was really bad. Is the pool of available talent in America that bad?

This is what he said to be more accurate.

(Keller’s Analysis: Mark that one down as an early contender for WORST NATIONALLY TELEVISED MATCH OF THE 2020’s. I don’t look forward to the match that unseats this embarrassment.)

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what he said to be more accurate.

(Keller’s Analysis: Mark that one down as an early contender for WORST NATIONALLY TELEVISED MATCH OF THE 2020’s. I don’t look forward to the match that unseats this embarrassment.)
    Well, okay. Considering we're two weeks in on 2020, what a bold statement lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the match quality up to this point, it really seems like AEW should have held off on debuting a Women's Division until they got a deeper roster. Unfortunately, they'll look bad if they suddenly pull these matches from the show, so we're going to have to wait it out.

Props to DDP for that dive. His yoga really is something.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that spot where statlander did that awful superkick from the apron that looked like her leg barely twitched, and followed it up with a moonsault that missed by a mile, was one of the worst exchanges i've seen in wrestling in a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    i wonder what accounts for this ratings rebound. re-focusing the shows on jericho/moxley and cody/mjf?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    there has been more darby allin too, who was sort of missing for a while for a couple weeks.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    that spot where statlander did that awful superkick from the apron that looked like her leg barely twitched, and followed it up with a moonsault that missed by a mile, was one of the worst exchanges i've seen in wrestling in a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder what accounts for this ratings rebound. re-focusing the shows on jericho/moxley and cody/mjf?
    Ddp obviously

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    thinking about how the guys in AEW might be who have some responsibility for moving ratings, man is it striking how much i DONT think of kenny omega and the young bucks in that category. cody, jericho, moxley, MJF, even samy guevara, darby allin, dustin rhodes, feel like bigger stars to the promotion right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Omega's picking up steam again.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda feel like Omega is purposely taking a backseat. A mix of burnout from NJPW and giving other people a chance to be on top while he can work programs with Mox, PAC, Page, and the tag division to help fill out the midcard more.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I kinda feel like Omega is purposely taking a backseat. A mix of burnout from NJPW and giving other people a chance to be on top while he can work programs with Mox, PAC, Page, and the tag division to help fill out the midcard more.
    He said he is (to help better the younger or newer talent), so you would be correct lol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't lie, when I saw AEW were calling this shows "Bash At The Beach" and it was set in California, I'm kind of disappointed this wasn't set up on an actual beach somewhere.

If they want to be WCW, go all the way, right?

AEW Dark could have been a "Women of AEW Bikini Special" one week. Exclusively on Youtube.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only did the beach thing once. They don't want to go all WCW though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I was thinking, has WWE ever put someone over 60 in a match before? Ric Flair was 59 when he retired. Then I thought, maybe Snuka? of course you have Mae Young and Moolah. Think these old timers should stay out of the ring and help as managers, or promos.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god was pretty old

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if timing has anything to do with it. Holidays are over so there's no distractions.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't lie, when I saw AEW were calling this shows "Bash At The Beach" and it was set in California, I'm kind of disappointed this wasn't set up on an actual beach somewhere.

If they want to be WCW, go all the way, right?

AEW Dark could have been a "Women of AEW Bikini Special" one week. Exclusively on Youtube.
    it wasn't in california. they used the pink and blue vaporwave aesthetic from miami vice for the event branding and cody was doing a don johnson cosplay.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    it wasn't in california. they used the pink and blue vaporwave aesthetic from miami vice for the event branding and cody was doing a don johnson cosplay.
    Okay, Florida.

Point still stands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if anything about AEW is good but I do know a lot of it is bad. This “alternative” to WWE comes off more like a version of the WWF New Generation if instead of Bret or Shawn being in their prime they were 50 years old and out of shape.

A lot of things annoy me that arent really that important but whatever, why does Darby Allin wear daisy dukes? If MJF is supposed to be this rich douche why does he wear the same burberry scarf? They come in other colors. The SCU gimmick is bad, it’s basically Billy Gunn x 3. And the nightmare collective and the dark order are garbage.

I hope they do improve because competition for WWE would be cool.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I dont know if anything about AEW is good but I do know a lot of it is bad. This “alternative” to WWE comes off more like a version of the WWF New Generation if instead of Bret or Shawn being in their prime they were 50 years old and out of shape.

A lot of things annoy me that arent really that important but whatever, why does Darby Allin wear daisy dukes? If MJF is supposed to be this rich douche why does he wear the same burberry scarf? They come in other colors. The SCU gimmick is bad, it’s basically Billy Gunn x 3. And the nightmare collective and the dark order are garbage.

I hope they do improve because competition for WWE would be cool.
    lol

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any of those guys being considered "midcard". I don't believe Omega is taking a backseat at all. Moxley is set for a World title push, Pac is a top contender, Page challenged for the title to declare the first champion, now he's set for a tag-team title shot.

Sounds like he's working with the top guys and getting title shots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card for the Jericho Cruise, Day 1, is lackluster

I'd be mad if I had to watch Nyla vs Penelope, Allie vs Britt Baker, Darby vs Kip Sabian, and Janela vs QT Marshall

Also, I do think Moxley will dress up as a pirate

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QT Marshall....I've always wondered if when he first started out he was supposed to be like a Goldust/Rico type character (QT=Cutie). I can't speak for anyone else but there's a big gas station chain called Quik Trip that everyone calls QT so there's also that lol. Seeing him on that team just looked shitty and of course he took the L....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in Ring of Honor as like "Gods Gift to Wrestling" and he wore a robe. He was more like Simon Diamond than anything else

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a match on AEW Dark with him in it and he had apples in his video and they never bothered to explain why. He's just the apple man, I guess?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I don't get with Dark...it's supposed to matter right? It's not a glorified show for shits and grins. The results matter in these rankings and such, but it feels like there's no real acknowledgement of what happens there on Dynamite. How hard would it be to cut a 30-60 second video for results and highlights?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any of those guys being considered "midcard". I don't believe Omega is taking a backseat at all. Moxley is set for a World title push, Pac is a top contender, Page challenged for the title to declare the first champion, now he's set for a tag-team title shot.

Sounds like he's working with the top guys and getting title shots.
    I wasn't saying all those guys were midcard. My point was he did the job for Moxley so he can look better in the main event, he's working with PAC who isn't in the title picture yet, and Page, while having challenged for the AEW title, is definitely more upper midcard than a top guy.

And the tag team division pretty much is the midcard, especially compared to being in contention for the AEW title.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I watched a match on AEW Dark with him in it and he had apples in his video and they never bothered to explain why. He's just the apple man, I guess?
    My son told me it had something to do with him being intelligent lol. I said "Now this QT fuck from RIng of Honor thinks he's Carlito with his apples" and he goes "Ohhhh that makes sense because he's supposed to be some super intelligent guy" When I asked what apples had to do with it he goes IDK hahaha. What the fuck.....Kids these days.

One thing I don't get with Dark...it's supposed to matter right? It's not a glorified show for shits and grins. The results matter in these rankings and such, but it feels like there's no real acknowledgement of what happens there on Dynamite. How hard would it be to cut a 30-60 second video for results and highlights?
    They do talk about Dark when it matters to a storyline. But for the most part it's not exactly portrayed as their version of Sunday Night Heat 1999, more like Velocity 2004 lol

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    He always come out with an apple, and is seen with an apple in BTE a lot. That's pretty much it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't saying all those guys were midcard. My point was he did the job for Moxley so he can look better in the main event, he's working with PAC who isn't in the title picture yet, and Page, while having challenged for the AEW title, is definitely more upper midcard than a top guy.

And the tag team division pretty much is the midcard, especially compared to being in contention for the AEW title.
    You keep saying you weren't calling it the midcard but all I'm seeing is the word midcard lol. Seriously though....Maybe that last line where you said ""to help fill out the midcard more" threw me off because that sounds like you're saying Omega is working in the midcard to help the midcard more, after rattling off names that aren't exactly midcarders.

I mean, who are these top guys Omega isn't working with? Everyone you named is a top guy in AEW. Moxley v. Pac=#1 contender to the World title next week right? So that right there seems to me like Pac is in the mix, especially with how good his record is. I don't thik people are going to say he's on the same level in AEW as Evil Uno or Sammy Guerva Davis Jr.

So yeah, I just must have misunderstood you where you're saying the tag-team is the part of the midcard Omega is helping out NOW. But again, he's in line for a tag-team title shot and when there's only 2 belts for the men to go after, he's not exactly sitting in the background. It's just that people were so used to him being on top in NJPW for almost 2 years that they forgot he was only on top because Nakamura and Styles left him a spot wide open.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You keep saying you weren't calling it the midcard but all I'm seeing is the word midcard lol. Seriously though....Maybe that last line where you said ""to help fill out the midcard more" threw me off because that sounds like you're saying Omega is working in the midcard to help the midcard more, after rattling off names that aren't exactly midcarders.

I mean, who are these top guys Omega isn't working with? Everyone you named is a top guy in AEW. Moxley v. Pac=#1 contender to the World title next week right? So that right there seems to me like Pac is in the mix, especially with how good his record is. I don't thik people are going to say he's on the same level in AEW as Evil Uno or Sammy Guerva Davis Jr.

So yeah, I just must have misunderstood you where you're saying the tag-team is the part of the midcard Omega is helping out NOW. But again, he's in line for a tag-team title shot and when there's only 2 belts for the men to go after, he's not exactly sitting in the background. It's just that people were so used to him being on top in NJPW for almost 2 years that they forgot he was only on top because Nakamura and Styles left him a spot wide open.
    Yeah, I think you were just confused by the way I bunched it up. Also maybe getting too caught up on the word midcard. AEW is so small that unless you're feuding with Cody or the title, you're not really on top, and that's all I'm getting at. Everyone expected Kenny to be one of the main players in the title scene, but he's taken more losses and been a bit more in the background than others. But that's the thing about AEW: they seem to be giving spotlight to all parts of the roster, so just because a division or feud might not be on top, doesn't mean it can't be a highlight or get a main event spot.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think you were just confused by the way I bunched it up. Also maybe getting too caught up on the word midcard. AEW is so small that unless you're feuding with Cody or the title, you're not really on top, and that's all I'm getting at. Everyone expected Kenny to be one of the main players in the title scene, but he's taken more losses and been a bit more in the background than others. But that's the thing about AEW: they seem to be giving spotlight to all parts of the roster, so just because a division or feud might not be on top, doesn't mean it can't be a highlight or get a main event spot.
    If we're looking specifically at the World title scene then ok I can get down with that. I thought he would be the first champion to be honest. It's a mistake if you ask me, fans including myself don't need AEW to try and play build a superstar. Use the top tier guys in top tier spots and don't try to spread out their "fame" too much because a lot of these guys are big in the hardcore wrestling bubble.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Looks great, looking forward to this one. I love it when shows have unique venues/sets etc. In less than a year AEW have already had more of those than WWE has had in much longer.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    On a cruise with other fat wrestling nerds does not seem like my idea of a good time

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    love the set. heard spoilers for about the first half of the show, sounds really good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight on AEW Wednesday Night...

We're "live" from Chris Jericho's World Famous "Chris Jericho's Rock N' Wrestling Rager At Sea"!

Tonight...

"Hangman" Adam Page and Kenny Omega vs. SCU - For The AEW Tag-Team Titles

Dr. Britt Baker DDS vs. Priscilla Kelly

The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Santana, and Ortiz) vs. The Jurassic Express

MJF vs. Joey Janela

John Moxley vs. PAC

(No spoilers here. But it sounds like a good one. Figure 4 Weekly already had a 25 minute long section of their podcast talking about the show tonight for free on their Youtube. So the results aren't exactly secret.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost wish AEW had Kevin Nash booked for this show to defend his "Cannonball Champion of The World" title from WCW.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We're on an awesome cruise this week. Next week... Ohio! The week after... Alabama!"

That's like going from the big house to the outhouse to the bushes behind the outhouse.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three of the best wrestlers in AEW in the ring right now.

... and Kenny Olivier.

- - - Updated - - -

Omega throws punches like a guy who just woke up with hands for the first time this morning.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Snap-Dragon Suplex" has to be the fruitiest name for a a so-called "power" move I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That black chick in the blue cruise wear in the front row looks like something out of a 60's Blacksploitation movie.

She's Foxxxy Cleopatra and she's really digging this match, jive turkeys.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    man they sure do go to picture and picture right when they're about to hit the biggest spots in the match. that top rope DDT shouldn't have been during a break.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That spot where one guy tackles somebody into breaking up a pin has become one of the more overused spots in modern day tag-team wrestling.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man they sure do go to picture and picture right when they're about to hit the biggest spots in the match. that top rope DDT shouldn't have been during a break.
    They need better producers. Somebody in the truck somewhere to give the ref instructions and have the wrestlers slow it down during the picture-in-picture and turn up the gas when they come back to full screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see Tony Schivaone gets to bust out his old WCW Beach Blast beachwear.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, that was a good tag match. Even greater storytelling surrounding it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW can do all the lusty voiced female promos they want, they won't convince me that AEW Revolution is a good name.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... is this the tampon cunt?

Good God, AEW's women's division is the poverty row of womens wrestling.

- - - Updated - - -

9 out of 10 Wrestling Dentists agree... its not sanitary to have some dumb cunt shove a used tampon in your mouth.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was bad enough when Priscilla Kelly was polluting MLW's Women's Division.

Now I have to watch her on a show I actually make a point to watch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tampon Bitch just threw about three clotheslines in slow motion to set up for that slingblade from Britt.

I've seen dead bodies move toward an open plot in a cemetery with more speed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priscilla Kelly, everybody!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW can do all the lusty voiced female promos they want, they won't convince me that AEW Revolution is a good name.
    It's better than R Evolution.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker is the sexiest wrestling dentist since Dr. Issac Yankem.

(Hey, we all have a type, right?)

- - - Updated - - -

It's better than R Evolution.
    Really not a high bar to clear.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Inner Circle vs. Billy And Marko And The Clone-A-Sauraus next.

This should be good fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody needs to leave that little midget Marko Stunt out at sea.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britt Baker is the sexiest wrestling dentist since Dr. Issac Yankem.

(Hey, we all have a type, right?)

- - - Updated - - -

Really not a high bar to clear.
    omg another issac yankem reference! how fun!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paging decks 1-5 - We have a lost child out with Jungle Jack Perry and the Dinosaur. Attention- A lost child. Please come to the ring immediately to claim your lost child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    omg another issac yankem reference! how fun!
    I have my fall backs.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone doesn't claim Marko Stunt by the time the cruise ship docks again, he becomes property of the cruise company.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ortiz looks like an angry Mexican werewolf.