User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    to me kenny omega doesn't even feel like one of the 10 biggest stars in this promotion. what a descent.
    Its not a format hes excelling at but it has only been seven weeks so plenty time for him to shine.

Id prefer AEW to cut down to one hour a week tbh and be more like how NXT was with different wrestlers each week, that makes them seem nire important when they do turn uo and it cuts out the rubbish oarts when they need filler or have nothing for sone guys to do.

With Omega at some point they will either have to have him go on a winning run through to the title or turn him heel.ut plenty time before that.

One of the problems of not having a deep roster is that were already getting cinstant rrepeat matches, Omega v Pac again this week after Pac v Page repeat last week.

The roster needs more depth. Jerichos already been in with Cody, Omega, Paige, Allen and this week Scorpio Sky and were only seven weeks in. By Christmas he'll have wrestled everyone on the roster.

Be A Bayley Booster.... Spudz Mackenzie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Its not a format hes excelling at but it has only been seven weeks so plenty time for him to shine.

Id prefer AEW to cut down to one hour a week tbh and be more like how NXT was with different wrestlers each week, that makes them seem nire important when they do turn uo and it cuts out the rubbish oarts when they need filler or have nothing for sone guys to do.

With Omega at some point they will either have to have him go on a winning run through to the title or turn him heel.ut plenty time before that.

One of the problems of not having a deep roster is that were already getting cinstant rrepeat matches, Omega v Pac again this week after Pac v Page repeat last week.

The roster needs more depth. Jerichos already been in with Cody, Omega, Paige, Allen and this week Scorpio Sky and were only seven weeks in. By Christmas he'll have wrestled everyone on the roster.
    The Christmas Eve AEW Dynamite will see Chris Jericho defend his AEW World Title against John Silver, Sonny Kiss, QT Marshall, and Peter Avalon.

It'll be beaten in the ratings by the USA Network broadcast of The Miz's "Christmas Bounty", which preempts NXT for the night.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland

He's old as fuck, probably running the matches while they can.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a quandary of sorts. They really need to establish a pool of talent but they need to "play the hits" in order to get viewership. That's one thing NXT clearly has in its favor. They've got talent in spades but it's proven talent. Whether it be on WWE TV in some form or fashion or independent talent, those people already have a following. After a certain level down on the list, AEW doesn't have that at this moment.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    He's old as fuck, probably running the matches while they can.
    Exactly.

Jericho is working to put over young talent and help build AEW's next star. There is nothing wrong with his opponents to this date.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oof. whoever that third guy on commentary for that tag match was, was brutal.

ffs JR. 'freddie mercury never looked so oriential.'

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    uhhhh .....

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    oof. whoever that third guy on commentary for that tag match was, was brutal.

ffs JR. 'freddie mercury never looked so oriential.'
    Lol he kinda sorta tried to clean it up

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    uhhhh .....
    why is excalibur screaming like anybody should know who those people were. makes JR sound like a fucking idiot cause excalibur just seems to know everything about these random ass dudes who just show up and a gimmick change for allie. really fucking odd.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    cody gets people exciting about what should be the hottest feud in the promotion and then two random nobodies come out and have a very awkward segment. cody's usually smarter than to book something like that.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braxton Sutter and Andy Williams are who they formally from

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has not been a good episode

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it's relatively weak but still better than any episode of RAW in about five years. gotta have perspective.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    This has not been a good episode
    yeah, this has been the weakest episode they've had.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These dark order promos remind me of the purge TV show lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scorpio Sky/Jericho should be damn good, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scorpio/Jericho is like Ric Flair asking to work with Bobby Eaton or Ricky Morton or Hawk back in the 80’s.

AEW makes old-school booking new again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where’s Justin Roberts?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Where’s Justin Roberts?
    inner circle beat him up in the first segment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic stuff.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like they're rehashing matches from PPVs and that's probably helping with storylines but it's kind of killing the buzz to see the matches again. It's such a slippery slope because you've got to put your top guys on TV a lot to maintain viewership but it feels the slate needs to be freshened up a little more.

How about no more commentators who actually aren't commentators?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the hell are you talking about? omega vs pac was a 'rehashed ppv match' from nearly three months ago that had a decent reason for happening. they closed out the pac/page series pretty quick. what else is getting rehashed? they've done an amazing job of not falling into the wwe formula of booking the same match for multiple shows and ppv's in a row and beating it into the ground.

honestly, the biggest reason why i love aew is because it's given me a show that i just take in and enjoy the watching. i feel zero need to jump in a half hour after every show is over and break down what's gonna do good business or how they're gonna maintain viewership. i just wanna be a fan of something and not a fucking third party internet analyst.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the hell are you talking about? omega vs pac was a 'rehashed ppv match' from nearly three months ago that had a decent reason for happening. they closed out the pac/page series pretty quick. what else is getting rehashed? they've done an amazing job of not falling into the wwe formula of booking the same match for multiple shows and ppv's in a row and beating it into the ground.

honestly, the biggest reason why i love aew is because it's given me a show that i just take in and enjoy the watching. i feel zero need to jump in a half hour after every show is over and break down what's gonna do good business or how they're gonna maintain viewership. i just wanna be a fan of something and not a fucking third party internet analyst.
    Those instances resulted in 50/50 booking, I believe, so that feels like a waste.

You’re more than allowed to observe and enjoy the show as you’d like. More power to you. Alluding to a critique of how I watch it seems silly.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    If you took the internet out of anything, you're most likely going to enjoy it much more. Most internet analysis tend to be negative, from my experience. Something can be so good, but there will always be those who will say it sucks. Just ruins the experience. Time to pull the plug.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Those instances resulted in 50/50 booking, I believe, so that feels like a waste.

You’re more than allowed to observe and enjoy the show as you’d like. More power to you. Alluding to a critique of how I watch it seems silly.
    pac and omega have faced 2 times in three months and traded wins. pac has won his feud with page 2-1. you're reaching.

this isn't a wwe show that has a decade of bad faith booking and decision making behind it, yet people can't wait to jump in and break shit down using the same framework that gets used for wwe. i dont think you have actually made a case for this rehashing matches thing or the possibility of 50/50 booking, but i want to say that 50/50 booking isnt inherently an awful thing. it's a viable strategy for building feuds and stories. wwe has just abused the fuck out of it and put no effort or care behind why it happens. it sounds like you're making a judgement on something aew has done once, based off of the fallout of thousands of times wwe has done it, when they're completely separate things.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

also, to be clear, I’m sure I could easily name more than a handful of things across the show that I found very entertaining or productive.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 29th, 2019 at 4:21 PM.

Who's Brenda & Terry? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicaragua
    Gonna watch this on my lapto shortly as still not up on ITV hub on Sky, Did you see if they ever see their explanation as to why they are always late on their 7pm slot @Murphy ?

They did say they would offer one

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed Omega v Pac II. They seemed more comfortable with each other in the ring than their first outing.

The mystery men attacking Cody was a head scratcher. And was this supposed to be a heel turn for Allie? I don't remember whether she was a face or not up to this point.

Overall, it feels like AEW has a solid hour of tv every week while the other hour is hit or miss. I'm not complaining since it's early days and I'm just happy to have some more wrestling to watch.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicaragua
    Ted Irvine #1 heel.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

also, to be clear, I’m sure I could easily name more than a handful of things across the show that I found very entertaining or productive.
    i don't doubt it. i just wonder why, after all the years spent pulling hair out because of wwe's nonsense, and breaking down booking on a weekly basis to display and explain why it's so nonsensical, anybody is drumming up the desire to start that whole process over again, for a world that hasn't necessarily shown they deserve it yet. i thought we were tired of having to do that?

i obviously know the internet isn't really like that and people enjoy the bitching and complaining just as much, if not more, than the actual great wrestling content that is available, but it baffles me just the same. i'm just so thrilled to have a weekly wrestling program that i look forward to watching live and doesn't really fit a formula yet, cause it's still so new, and the concepts they use and executions they employ haven't been worn out yet. like with pac and omega. pac was a surprise replacement for all out, and continued the kenny losing big matches, isn't quite the same kenny omega we know storyline. kenny loses a huge match to moxley, is out of commission for a couple weeks and pinpoints the start of his troubles as the loss to pac a few months ago, and so calls pac out to right that wrong, and does. yeah, they've traded wins, but aew has shown they will promote rubber matches as big deals, because of how they handled pac/page, so i know i got the blow-off coming at some point. and beyond that, kenny gave logical motivation, in a promo on the weekly tv, as to why the match is happening, and thus giving an emotional and narrative impact to whatever outcome happens. kenny loses again, and we feel sad cause this dude is crumbling in front of our eyes and can't get any traction. kenny wins and we feel happy, we feel that maybe he's turned a corner, he avenged a big loss and has maybe got himself back on track. compare this to fucking baron corbin and chad gable having matches with each other on a near weekly basis for 6 weeks for no real reason. i enjoy the breathing room that aew has provided from some of the ridiculous shit wwe gets stuck in, an am thankful for it. last thing i want to do right now is start trying to look at this through the same wwe-stained glasses.
    Last edited by Morrison; November 29th, 2019 at 5:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was so confusing and head scratching about The Butcher and The Blade attacking the EVP of a wrestling company?

Why weren't they hired intially? What do they have to do to get noticed.

Oh..

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    What was so confusing and head scratching about The Butcher and The Blade attacking the EVP of a wrestling company?

Why weren't they hired intially? What do they have to do to get noticed.

Oh..
    that's a real nice way to look at it, but i'm also not a huge fan of filling in those kinds of gaps for the writers. it's still super early, so they have a chance to explain it in the next couple of weeks, but there's ways to execute that line of logic that doesn't get those guys a silent reaction and no real heat.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicaragua
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Really enjoyed Omega v Pac II. They seemed more comfortable with each other in the ring than their first outing.

The mystery men attacking Cody was a head scratcher. And was this supposed to be a heel turn for Allie? I don't remember whether she was a face or not up to this point.

Overall, it feels like AEW has a solid hour of tv every week while the other hour is hit or miss. I'm not complaining since it's early days and I'm just happy to have some more wrestling to watch.
    She wasn't doing much tbf but yes she was a face, One of those guys is her husband btw.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the other guy (the butcher) is the guitarist for Every Time I Die and is a regular indy wrestler around my parts. knew him for awhile in the band's earlier days. crazy this is happening. if their christmas concert/wrestling gig has some aew involvement, i'm in.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Gonna watch this on my lapto shortly as still not up on ITV hub on Sky, Did you see if they ever see their explanation as to why they are always late on their 7pm slot @Murphy ?

They did say they would offer one
    I’ve stopped looking, buddy. I’ve only seen half of this week’s so far. Must get to it. ITV Hub is bloody atrocious though, I will say that again.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you guys need a stream

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicaragua
    Nah, I mean I can wait until Friday its just when a press release says Thursday at 7pm and they have been nowhere near that yet and say there is a reason but wont divulge

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    do you guys need a stream
    Cheers for that, man.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anytime. that's just a small reason why i was voted all time nicest poster on here

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely get the pitfalls of watching AEW with WWE logic. We had this discussion when some were confused about what constitutes a DQ because 99% of the people watching AEW watch WWE and think WWE=everything wrestling should go by.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Hopefully they can bounce back.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanksgiving probably had a lot to do with the lower ratings. I'd imagine they bounce back into the 750,000 - 820,000 range in week ten, and probably stay there for a bit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Thanksgiving probably had a lot to do with the lower ratings. I'd imagine they bounce back into the 750,000 - 820,000 range in week ten, and probably stay there for a bit.
    That may be true, but why didn't NXT fall as far? Post Survivor Series ratings?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be true, but why didn't NXT fall as far? Post Survivor Series ratings?

If the NXT ratings drop 2-300,000 then we can probably assume the appeal of the tri-brand crossovers really helped ratings for all 3 shows, especially NXT. I would bet people definitely tuned in to see the fallout.

And for all we know the rating is even higher unless they factor in the Network viewership because I'm going to bet that a lot of people didn't watch NXT live on USA and waited until the next day. So they might have broke a million viewers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll be begging for jobs from Trip H at this time next year.

Here's hoping some holiday cheer goes far....

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qkwyvg

wonder whose idea this commerical was

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember if I mentioned it in here, but I'm going to Dynamite tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Trent/Fenix is damn near like a dream match to me.

The seats I have are technically nosebleeds, but the State Farm Arena is fairly small, so there's not really a bad seat.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Have a wonderful time!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    is anyone elses audio comically fucked up?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that match was incredible. there's nothing better in wrestling than a dustin career resurgence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting hyped for some AEW...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun six-man tag. Gotta love Dustin Rhodes being able to have some fun in his twilight wrestling years without doing anything silly or embarrassing himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Trent? needs to ditch the invisible hand grenade fucktard and go solo. He'd be a great singles prospect without that idiot Chuck Taylor weighing him down.

They’ve got Pentagon/Daniels booked for this show, but this is the match that JR says “could be the best singles match of the night”? Sure, Boomer (sooner).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody is the shoot boss of this company. He can make MJF wrestle him anytime he wants.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lol he's imitating the classic ric flair promo. love it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get MJF out here before Cody strips down to his $500 underpants.

- - - Updated - - -

Kid’s a plant. What kind of 8-year old wears a little suit and tie to a wrestling show?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue Pants Bitch has been sent out to die.

File her away. They’re going to need a new Dewey Decimal System to find all her pages.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rose can't even make a power bomb look powerful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This insta-feud bullshit they’re doing with Nyla and Shanna could, and probably should, be a proper Nyla/Britt Baker feud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho challenges El Dandy.

Because who are you to doubt El Dandy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a Chris Jericho’s greatest hits promo.

The List Of Jericho meets Jericho’s List Of 1,001 Holds.

- - - Updated - - -

“Little children”.

Jim Cornette just popped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beverly Hills 9021Y2J.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kris Statlander the alien...?

The fuck is this shit?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alien gimmick?

k

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Alien gimmick?

k
    Not that I didn’t understand it. It’s just really stupid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, Butcher And The Blade picking a real jobber for Cody’s partner next week.

I’ve seen B&B work in person. They’re going to surprise some people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She's not actually an alien.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    She's not actually an alien.
    No shit?

Next you’re going to tell me that Orange Cassidy isn’t a total waste of human skin, bone, and oxygen.

- - - Updated - - -

Who’s the plant?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nightmare Collective...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine wasting time on a TV show that you hate.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering the shit that vhs chooses to put his creative energy behind on this forum, he has zero room to critique a god damn thing. ever.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna say that Nightmare Collective shit was really weird live. Took a lot of air out of the crowd for a minute. Not sure it made it to TV, but there was a, "What just happened?" afterward.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering the shit that vhs chooses to put his creative energy behind on this forum, he has zero room to critique a god damn thing. ever.
    Ahh, there you are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a Hell of a botch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, why did Daniels leave the ring to get the mic stand just to throw it away?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The “Fat Boy” Jelly Nutella.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Rattle Snake tendencies” says JR.

That’s high praise coming from him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JR just name dropped Renee Young.

Nice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mox should decimate Joey in 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great bounce back show from last week. happy to see some motivations and character progression for a bunch of people, especially the newer faces.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell of a live show. I actually had two groups of friends I was sitting with, going back and forth between the seats. When I was on my way back for the main event, I got to catch Moxley's entrance from the hallway. Snapped a bunch of video and pictures. It was badass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a damn fun show.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was up with the sound level for the intros to the opener?

It was pretty silly and funny that they did the Britt Baker shot from Takeover.

I presume the Nightmare Collective is just a watered down Straight Edge Society.

Definitely a step in the right direction with progressing stories.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; December 5th, 2019 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to tell my co workers about this great new wrestler. her gimmick is that shes an alien that crash landed in long island and then went to wrestling school. Her entrance video had aliens in it and she had this weird futuristic type outfit and make up. She hung upside down and even Booped the referee like ET.

"Oh! wow, that's so cool! What's her name?"

Kris Statlander.

"That's stupid as shit"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd call her Erin Terrestrial.

Get it? Eh, eh? Get it?

E.T.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i should take back the Rep points I gave you

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicaragua
    Well I mean people did it every week in the raw thread back when people posted in them lolz, I look forward to watching this hopefully this evening

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Pete.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicaragua

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I've stopped watching AEW Dark now. Can't seem to be able to find it on the YouTube app via Sky, but can find it fine on other devices.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week three: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week four: 963,000 viewers
    Week five: 759,000 viewers
    Week six: 822,000 viewers
    Week seven: 957,000 viewers
    Week eight: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week nine: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    That's a huge leap. Maybe the Thanksgiving holiday had to do with the low count last week.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a huge leap. Maybe the Thanksgiving holiday had to do with the low count last week.
    Maybe. I also think there is a ton of crossover appeal just like the Monday Night Wars. There weren't really 15 million fans watching wrestling every week, it was a lot of people bouncing back and forth.

Nowadays with DVR, the Network, I think that the more interesting of the shows just happened to win. More people, imo, were going to see what was going to happen with the other brands and then last week you had the fall out of 2 shows (War Games and Survivor Series).

The good news is, at least for NXT, they had even more viewers this week than last week. So that to me answers the questions I've had.....Did the build with the 3 brands battling help? Yes. And did that help keep the momentum going for NXT? Yes.

I think both shows just need to keep delivering. NXT just needed the eyeballs, most of us who watch NXT already knew that. Those of us who only watch Raw and Smackdown needed to be educated. And the people who watch AEW, I'd put money on it that the majority love NXT as well and a lot of them probably tuned in to watch NXT because it was the more exciting of the 2 at that moment.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The December 18 episode for both brands should be quite interesting. I think both are going to be pushing harder for it to be must-watch episodes. At this point, NXT has the edge in that regard.

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that was a nasty bump Daniels took on the moonsault. I couldn't tell if he hit his head or not. This was his in ring TV debut for AEW, so it's a shame that happened. At least he seems to be fine.

Anyway, I agree that this was a marked improvement over last weeks show. My only real complaint was the segment with Brandy and Kong. I don't know where they're going with this stable, but I'm not feeling it at the moment.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    What's Tye Dillinger been doing lately? I haven't seen his name mentioned in a few weeks.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Wow, that was a nasty bump Daniels took on the moonsault. I couldn't tell if he hit his head or not. This was his in ring TV debut for AEW, so it's a shame that happened. At least he seems to be fine.

Anyway, I agree that this was a marked improvement over last weeks show. My only real complaint was the segment with Brandy and Kong. I don't know where they're going with this stable, but I'm not feeling it at the moment.
    There just feels like a general sense of redundancy in some form with Dark Order, Nightmare Collective, and Butcher & Blade. They're not carbon copies of each other but they've got to do some work over the next few weeks to really distinguish what exactly is the difference for the three of them. The easiest one to distinguish appears to be Nightmare Collective because it feels like it's solely a women's division act.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandi Rhodes is a beautiful woman.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There just feels like a general sense of redundancy in some form with Dark Order, Nightmare Collective, and Butcher & Blade. They're not carbon copies of each other but they've got to do some work over the next few weeks to really distinguish what exactly is the difference for the three of them. The easiest one to distinguish appears to be Nightmare Collective because it feels like it's solely a women's division act.
    I wouldn't really lump the Butcher & The Blade in there because they take the role of renegade trio who just want to fuck shit up and maybe might be guns for hire. I can see the point with The Dark Order and the Nightmare Collective, though, as they both seem to be factions based on recruitment. I do think you could compare the three for being "dark" gimmicks.