Results 4,201 to 4,212 of 4212

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the match was awesome until everyone was in the ring. then it was still really good but kind of fell apart. jericho/mjf ending segment on top was strong until the anti-climactic ending. aew really need to stop killing these spots by showing the obvious crash pad landings.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War Games stinks 9 out of 10 times. That was one of the 9.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i liked it a lot more than any of the NXT wargames. needed more blood though.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would work much better as a PPV match. three ad breaks during it, with the second batch losing picture in picture, so we come back to a ring all torn up like wtf happened. too much stalling and padding waiting for ad breaks to end. mjf should've just pushed jericho off as soon as they surrendered instead of waiting. was a weak looking bump, regardless.

still a super fun match and atmosphere. super excited for a full capacity crowd for double or nothing.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    the first women's war games match is probably my absolute favorite out of the new crop of war games matches. this one is second.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved the Undisputed Era vs Team Ciampa War Games match.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 1991 and 1992 WCW ones are legit great. The ROH vs CZW Cage of Death might be the best version of this kind of match. Other than that I can take or leave this gimmick.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think one of the chants was "we want guts."

It also seemed like Jericho told MJF to milk it for the camera before pushing him and that just made his fall look even lamer then it would have if he did it right away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    the match was awesome until everyone was in the ring. then it was still really good but kind of fell apart. jericho/mjf ending segment on top was strong until the anti-climactic ending. aew really need to stop killing these spots by showing the obvious crash pad landings.
    Crash pads are the worst thing to happen in pro wrestling.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Crash pads are the worst thing to happen in pro wrestling.
    I haven't watched this, but this certainly feels like an overreaction.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it's not an over-reaction in a way because.. and I don't want folk to die from falls.. but this ending plus the "explosion" ending to the other show really puts a dint into the "PPVs". Don't build up to something and then wiff on it. They've done that twice now.

My problem wasn't the pads, and I may be completely wrong on this, but they clearly replaced that bit of the stage and it was the cardboard/board painted to look like the metal? Either use "metal" (like the trash cans) that's heavily malleable.. or don't. Don't pretend it's metal and forget to paint the underside of it.

They'd have done better to put the crashpad at least out of sight (so another 2ft down) a bit like WWE do, so at least the impact you go "holyshit!" and then find out there's a pad... and not "oh.. he's landed on a cardboard bed..".

It just takes away from the match, and the "PPV", when you end on shit like that.

* I've wrote PPV but appreciate they're TV matches... but the build is arguably to set it up as a PPV-like event

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    I mean it's not an over-reaction in a way because.. and I don't want folk to die from falls.. but this ending plus the "explosion" ending to the other show really puts a dint into the "PPVs". Don't build up to something and then wiff on it. They've done that twice now.

My problem wasn't the pads, and I may be completely wrong on this, but they clearly replaced that bit of the stage and it was the cardboard/board painted to look like the metal? Either use "metal" (like the trash cans) that's heavily malleable.. or don't. Don't pretend it's metal and forget to paint the underside of it.

They'd have done better to put the crashpad at least out of sight (so another 2ft down) a bit like WWE do, so at least the impact you go "holyshit!" and then find out there's a pad... and not "oh.. he's landed on a cardboard bed..".

It just takes away from the match, and the "PPV", when you end on shit like that.

* I've wrote PPV but appreciate they're TV matches... but the build is arguably to set it up as a PPV-like event
    agreed. multiple moves done inside the ring over the course of the night felt more impactful than the big 'holy shit' top of the cage bump. you're slamming people onto a solid mat that is mic'd to give a good boom of a sound all night, so to do a death spot, especially one that made the other team verbally surrender out of fear for safety, and it ultimately ends up looking way more gentle than a normal bump in the ring, is a bit of an oof.