Results 4,101 to 4,200 of 4266

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Tay conti was very much just overlooked in NXT and from what it sounds like, she was taught to work very soft, which worked against her natural instincts from martial arts...

leaving wwe, she seems to have gone on a deep dive of All Japan and started learning how to work stiff and that laying her shit in can be safe and look awesome. Give her another year to get her timing and ring psychology down pat and she'll be one of the best in the business. She's already so much better than she ever was in the NXT system
    Is there an interview about this? I'd like to read it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tay conti was very much just overlooked in NXT and from what it sounds like, she was taught to work very soft, which worked against her natural instincts from martial arts...

leaving wwe, she seems to have gone on a deep dive of All Japan and started learning how to work stiff and that laying her shit in can be safe and look awesome. Give her another year to get her timing and ring psychology down pat and she'll be one of the best in the business. She's already so much better than she ever was in the NXT system
    I will say that there is a possibility that she would've been given more time as some of the better talents moved up the ladder but the oversized roster of both companies is a huge negative. I'm glad WWE are cleaning house, there will be some people released that various fans will shake their first about, I do it all the time for at least 1-2 talents. I think if they didn't have 400 people in developmental, someone like Tay Conti wouldn't have slipped through the cracks and become so disinterested in what NXT was offering.

It's like in Rocky 3 where he trades in the high tech training for the old stomping grounds of Apollo Creed and look what happened.

By this time next year Tay Conti will be a front runner for being the first AEW ppv main evented by a woman.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Is there an interview about this? I'd like to read it.
    I dont have one direct reference for this, it's come up on her twitter and in various portuguese & spanish interviews she's done. From what I gather, at the PC they just run the same drills over and over and not really teaching the funadmentals of match psychology and structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I will say that there is a possibility that she would've been given more time as some of the better talents moved up the ladder but the oversized roster of both companies is a huge negative. I'm glad WWE are cleaning house, there will be some people released that various fans will shake their first about, I do it all the time for at least 1-2 talents. I think if they didn't have 400 people in developmental, someone like Tay Conti wouldn't have slipped through the cracks and become so disinterested in what NXT was offering.

It's like in Rocky 3 where he trades in the high tech training for the old stomping grounds of Apollo Creed and look what happened.

By this time next year Tay Conti will be a front runner for being the first AEW ppv main evented by a woman.
    Looking ahead, AEW's women's roster is gonna be insane in another year or so.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have one direct reference for this, it's come up on her twitter and in various portuguese & spanish interviews she's done. From what I gather, at the PC they just run the same drills over and over and not really teaching the funadmentals of match psychology and structure.

Looking ahead, AEW's women's roster is gonna be insane in another year or so.
    This part I don't agree with at all because the proof is in the talent. The NXT system works, it's just bloated. Conti is a victim, not of the system but of timing.

Trust me, at first I thought Tay Conti was getting the super push in AEW as a way for AEW to try and make a nothing talent in NXT into a top tier player. But then when you see her matches and nobody can look at a Charlotte Flair or Bayley or Asuka and not say Tay Conti isn't on that same level now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This part I don't agree with at all because the proof is in the talent. The NXT system works, it's just bloated. Conti is a victim, not of the system but of timing.

Trust me, at first I thought Tay Conti was getting the super push in AEW as a way for AEW to try and make a nothing talent in NXT into a top tier player. But then when you see her matches and nobody can look at a Charlotte Flair or Bayley or Asuka and not say Tay Conti isn't on that same level now.
    So, i agree that she's definitely a victim of being overlooked in the bloated system, but take a look over the history of NXT and look for people who were trained at the PC that have gone on to be great wrestlers. Charlotte and Sasha seem to be the top ones I can think of and they worked there during the Bill Demott and Dusty Rhodes days. I have no clue wtf is going on at the PC anymore...the trainers seems to not put as much work into the trainees and instead focus on the people who come in off the indies and need the final WWE polish.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 4th grade teacher was Mrs. Conti. Can't remember her first name. Sure she's dead now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlooked, absolutely, and also put in the ring way too soon before she even knew what kind of wrestler she was. Her BJJ was always mentioned, but they wanted her to be kind of that crazy chick that would yell in peoples' faces "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" and boy that was cringe. Her offense right off the bat was awkward and miles away from looking convincing... then she took some time away and worked on her body, then her overall look started to come together, her offense started to take shape, and she even started to show genuine personality not forced crazy junk. And being grouped with Caesar Baloni and that other BJJ dude didn't stick, but she was starting to show real potential.

WWE letting her go was the best thing to happen to her. She's clearly done her homework and will totally be a big name in a year or two.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, i agree that she's definitely a victim of being overlooked in the bloated system, but take a look over the history of NXT and look for people who were trained at the PC that have gone on to be great wrestlers. Charlotte and Sasha seem to be the top ones I can think of and they worked there during the Bill Demott and Dusty Rhodes days. I have no clue wtf is going on at the PC anymore...the trainers seems to not put as much work into the trainees and instead focus on the people who come in off the indies and need the final WWE polish.
    I mean, even veterans like Sami Zayn benefited from being in NXT. I'll be honest, was never a fan of El Generico on his own. Loved the KO tag-team stuff against the Briscoes and if there were maybe people he was wrestling I really liked I would check it out in ROH or PWG. But I 100% love him as Sami Zayn.

We also can't forget that AEW isn't developmental. NXT is a glorified developmental system almost in the same vein as ECW or USWA. Obviously moreso ECW with the television exposure. Because there are definitely wrestlers who I think were better in NXT and nowhere else so far. The Revival is a great example. Love their matches but I loved them more in NXT than Raw/SD or AEW.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW: 1.104 million18-49: 0.37

over a mill two weeks in a row. Nice.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Shows it wasn't a fluke.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows it wasn't a fluke.
    Who said it was a fluke? I think 99.9% of the fans knew that people were channel surfing and when NXT moved to Tuesdays AEW would see a bump in ratings.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure there are NXT fanboys trying to say so. Not necessarily on this forum, just in general.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are NXT fanboys trying to say so. Not necessarily on this forum, just in general.
    Maybe. You posted saying it's not a fluke. Who said it was a fluke?

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    two million+ ratings two darby allin main events

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe. You posted saying it's not a fluke. Who said it was a fluke?

I'd rather watch The Circle on Netflix than play this circle game.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather watch The Circle on Netflix than play this circle game.
    Better than The Inner Circle.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT probably has the same, if not more viewership. A lot of peple wait for it to show on Peacock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    NXT probably has the same, if not more viewership. A lot of peple wait for it to show on Peacock.
    that's a big assumption. people can do the same thing with Dynamite on the tnt app like I do.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    that's a big assumption. people can do the same thing with Dynamite on the tnt app like I do.
    NXT you can watch it live, Hulu, Peacock, plus the scandalous fans who post shit on Youtube and I'm sure there are other places.

Dynamite, eh no so much. You're probably the only person I've heard say they watch Dynamite on the TNT app.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watch it live on the TNT app with my parents cable info because I don't have or need cable. With all these streaming services it seems like I'm close to paying for cable though. If I couldn't do that I'd just download it and watch it a couple hours after it aired, which I do sometimes also if I'm too busy to watch it live.

@PurePlayer how long does the episode take to show up on the TNT app? Next day?

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember NXT, with the rookies? That was getting 2.5 ratings to begin with. 11 years later look how much things have changed. And that was on SyFy. Not sure but I would guess that's in less homes than TNT or USA Network.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's rad news for them. Hopefully they keep it fluctuating around the 900k-1.1m range.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think someone made it clear why these shows are breaking a million, especially in that key demographic of 18-49 year olds. I can't deny it either. I was so wrapped up in thinking that there wasn't a war when it fact there was. Now people want to watch the winners of the war.

Here's the thing. If NXT was so great, USA would have put soccer on Tuesdays. Who the fuck watches soccer? I'd rather watch curling. What are soccer ratings, 0.04? So obviously nobody gives a shit about soccer or they'd have the same ratings if not better regardless of the channel.

I know when WWE won the MNW war, they went from 8-9's to 11-12's because the WCW audience had to get their fix. DDP, Booker T, Sean O'Hare, Chavo Jr, Kronik, Hugh Morrus, they even had Kaz Hayashi in developmental for a day I think lol. He said naw, I'll hold out for CHIKARA.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so who does kenny drop the impact belt to..

there's no way he is losing it in a one on one match

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Moose

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Samoa Joe

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian Cage or Samoa Joe. Then that person will put over Moose.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch it live on the TNT app with my parents cable info because I don't have or need cable. With all these streaming services it seems like I'm close to paying for cable though. If I couldn't do that I'd just download it and watch it a couple hours after it aired, which I do sometimes also if I'm too busy to watch it live.

@PurePlayer how long does the episode take to show up on the TNT app? Next day?
    I am pretty sure you can watch it live and right when it's over as the very least.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure you can watch it live and right when it's over as the very least.
    For someone who watches it on the TNT app you'd think you would know a little more about it.

Hmmm.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    so who does kenny drop the impact belt to..

there's no way he is losing it in a one on one match
    CM Punk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All trolling aside I don't think he's going to drop it to anyone in a match. I have a strong feeling he's going to come out and Shane Douglas that shit on Dynamite this week. Then Impact will have a tournament with Moose going over.

Either that or they should put the belt on TK. WWE put the ECW strap on Vince so why not? We've seen worse. Was David Arquette ever booker of the year?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone who watches it on the TNT app you'd think you would know a little more about it.

Hmmm.
    LOL whatever you say ND. How does that have an impact on when I watch it? I have to know the exact second it drops? I usually check out the show over the weekend if I don't watch it live.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL whatever you say ND. How does that have an impact on when I watch it? I have to know the exact second it drops? I usually check out the show over the weekend if I don't watch it live.
    So do you watch it live on the TNT app?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watch it live on the TNT app. I'm still wondering how long it takes for the episode to show up on the app after it airs. I would bet next day.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to sign in through my friend's cable provider to use the TNT app but I never use it for that specific reason. He DVR's the shows and then we get together either that night or the next day. Or I'll just go on youtube because they literally post everything by segment as it's happening to their youtube channel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do you watch it live on the TNT app?
    when did i say I did?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when did i say I did?
    You didn't specify how you watched Dynamite live so that's why I'm asking you. Not that hard to grasp.

But you did say you watched Dynamite on the TNT app, so I'm asking you, do you watch it live on the TNT app?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't specify how you watched Dynamite live so that's why I'm asking you. Not that hard to grasp.

But you did say you watched Dynamite on the TNT app, so I'm asking you, do you watch it live on the TNT app?
    No.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One big negative to the TNT app is that you can't watch the full episodes unless you are signed in to a cable provider or pay for the app. It'll let you watch the first 5 minutes and that's it. But at least they give you that first 5 and usually AEW comes out the gate like Nitro used to with a CW-style match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One big negative to the TNT app is that you can't watch the full episodes unless you are signed in to a cable provider or pay for the app. It'll let you watch the first 5 minutes and that's it. But at least they give you that first 5 and usually AEW comes out the gate like Nitro used to with a CW-style match.
    That's correct. I use my parent's cable log in for it.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I read a week or two ago that AEW was looking to start their own streaming service. Perhaps with their partnerships with Impact and New Japan, they'll have a lot of content.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I read a week or two ago that AEW was looking to start their own streaming service. Perhaps with their partnerships with Impact and New Japan, they'll have a lot of content.
    GFW/Impact whatever the fact has one I think.

I don't think they'd be able to show Impact or NJPW without a decent deal in place. Especially NJPW because they have their own streaming service. Right now AEW are putting everything up on Youtube as it airs on TNT so they should just stick with that method for the time being.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    yeah, IMPACT PLUS, New Japan World, Honor club all exist already, If AEW gets into streaming, why would they strike a deal with anyone else? These places already have their own things and most of them are really good too.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage I guess you could put the B and C shows along with old ppvs and maybe some of the BTE. Content is key and I think everyone knows what people like out of the wrestling world.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked it up, and Paramount network, former TNN, former SpikeTV, gets about 80 million households (back in 2018). Right now AXS which has Impact has 50 million. Since there is precedence for wrestling being on the former one, why not try to get on Paramount? It says they're trying for more scripted programming, but they used to do reality shows all the time. That's pretty much what wrestling is, a hybrid of the two. Impact needs more exposure, as does New Japan. I'd even toss in Ring of Honor. Too bad pretty much all the high output channels are gobbled up by either NBC Universal or Turner or Fox. I don't think Disney would touch wrestling. Actually, doesn't MeTV have a nationwide distribution at this point? Why not syndicate it? Hmm....

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish they would have pinfalls for the Blood n Guts match. What's the difference between submission and surrender?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would have pinfalls for the Blood n Guts match. What's the difference between submission and surrender?
    tap out or a verbal admission of quitting.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    I just looked it up, and Paramount network, former TNN, former SpikeTV, gets about 80 million households (back in 2018). Right now AXS which has Impact has 50 million. Since there is precedence for wrestling being on the former one, why not try to get on Paramount? It says they're trying for more scripted programming, but they used to do reality shows all the time. That's pretty much what wrestling is, a hybrid of the two. Impact needs more exposure, as does New Japan. I'd even toss in Ring of Honor. Too bad pretty much all the high output channels are gobbled up by either NBC Universal or Turner or Fox. I don't think Disney would touch wrestling. Actually, doesn't MeTV have a nationwide distribution at this point? Why not syndicate it? Hmm....
    Who's to say they haven't tried?

The reality is that we wrestling fans think wrestling has this huge fanbase here and it doesn't. There isn't a desire to have wrestling on these channels.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited to see Yuji Nagata in the states. That should be a trip. Against Mox, too, so that should be sick.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I'm excited to see Yuji Nagata in the states. That should be a trip. Against Mox, too, so that should be sick.
    Check out his WCW work, mainly his matches against Ultimo Dragon in WCW, if you haven't seen anything of his prior (in the states at least).

Mox is easily my favorite in AEW so I'm ready for this. If anyone can make Nagata look like he's in his prime, it's Moxley. Especially if we have some blood and glass in the mix. Idk if I've seen Nagata in a hardcore style match before.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Billy Gunn allowed to use Billy Gunn in AEW? Does he own the rights to the name?

Looks in fantastic shape for nearing 60.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Billy Gunn allowed to use Billy Gunn in AEW? Does he own the rights to the name?

Good question because he couldn't use the name in TNA so I wonder if maybe when he came back 5-6 years ago he was able to get the trademark.

When you're on that juice you're going to look sweet at 60.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should've been William Pistol in the Impact Zone. Missed opportunity.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will E Gatz

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Firearm

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely think if AEW does introduce the trios titles that the Gunns should be the first champs. I have a feeling it'd be Omega and the Bucks, but if not them definitely the Gunns.

Any truth to the rumor that TK is working on a deal with CMLL?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would actually like the first Trios Champs to be Death Triangle

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I definitely think if AEW does introduce the trios titles that the Gunns should be the first champs. I have a feeling it'd be Omega and the Bucks, but if not them definitely the Gunns.

Any truth to the rumor that TK is working on a deal with CMLL?
    cmll just broke up w ROH, but that has to do with Rush starting his own Mexican promotion. AEW seems to very much be enjoying their relationship with Triple A.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

he doesn’t. He uses the name “Billy” and just gets introduced as “Billy and Austin Gunn” to get around it. I think on the AEW website he’s even just listed as “Bill”

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he doesn’t. He uses the name “Billy” and just gets introduced as “Billy and Austin Gunn” to get around it. I think on the AEW website he’s even just listed as “Bill”
    I know for a fact he's been called Billy Gunn on Dark and Dynamite but I think everytime it was done by Taz or JR. Kind of like when Heenan was always calling Meng "Haku". But that makes perfect sense if that's how they get around it, fucking genius actually.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked and he's actually listed as Billy Gunn on their roster page now. Definitely used to just be Billy, though. WWE must've dropped the trademark recently.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler if need but did anyone feel let down that we haven't had any 69ing going on in a while?

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I just checked and he's actually listed as Billy Gunn on their roster page now. Definitely used to just be Billy, though. WWE must've dropped the trademark recently.
    They also have Mr. Brodie Lee and Awesome Kong on the roster page. I think they should have an alumni section, like WWE.

Is Awesome Kong a part of AEW?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Nice! That woouldn't be too big of a shock after WWE gave up their claims to Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho recently.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a show.

Punk is right, nobody better on the mic than Kingston. Seeing Kenny with all the gold (but no Mega title, weird) puts a stamp on the career this man has had. Kenny should start calling himself Kenny "Overeem" Omega.

We haven't seen a champion this decorated and skilled since Lance Storm. Who IMHO had he been given the WCW World title we would've been talking about WCW to this day or at least until 2002.

What I don't get though is having Orange Cassidy beat Penta. I think OC is fantastic, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the lack of Pentagon in the main event.

All in all 9/10.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, i believe there's an issue with showing the Mega Championship on TV. When Jeff Jarrett was Mega Champion years ago, he had to use a fake faceplate and call it the "Mexican championship"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    btw, someone posted this on reddit i thought it was awesome:

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ign-guild_.pdf

page 4.

orange cassidy is a freaking architecht

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we're going to get a jacket war between WWE and AEW. Pockets and Kyle O'Realllly rocking similar denim jackets and now the Young Bucks got the Smedium size Rollins jackets lol.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was definitely introduced as Billy Gunn when he had his last dynamite singles match

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    he was definitely introduced as Billy Gunn when he had his last dynamite singles match
    no, you were

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wasn't on the show that week you liar

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Gunn everybody

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i wasn't on the show that week you liar
    You were on elevation, i saw it.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well looks like the main event of Triplemania is Omega vs Andrade so that's how AAA gets their belt back. When Kenny eventually beats Akiyama for the KO-D title he'll drop it to either Takeshita or Endo. I have no clue who is winning the TNA title from him though.\

Also Covid fucking up the belt collector gimmick with him dropping the Mexican belt before he wins the Japanese one.
    Last edited by Defrost; May 1st, 2021 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a show.

Punk is right, nobody better on the mic than Kingston.
    Didn't Punk say a couple of months ago there was no one better on the mic than Pat McAfee? Or was he just referring to NXT in that case?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Punk say a couple of months ago there was no one better on the mic than Pat McAfee? Or was he just referring to NXT in that case?
    A couple of months ago Punk was looking to get back in with Vince.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AAA is being sued by AAA so there won't be a legal stream of the match by the way

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    AAA is being sued by AAA so there won't be a legal stream of the match by the way
    ?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naw he did say that but I think he meant in the WWE. He said Kingston is the best in the business right now.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?
    So basically AAA has a parent company called Antonio Pena Promotions. Kinda like how Titan Sports and the WWF worked. Lucha Libre AAA is the Mexican subsidiary and Lucha Libre FMV is the World Wide one that was created for Lucha Underground I think. At some point Antonio Pena Promotions sold all rights for AAA trademarks outside of Mexico to Lucha Libre FMV yet still kept doing business outside of Mexico. So Lucha Libre FMV is suing. It will probably end with a settlement where Antonio Pena Promotions buys everything back.

That's why you never see Omega with the AAA Title belt outside of AAA shows in Mexico.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    So basically AAA has a parent company called Antonio Pena Promotions. Kinda like how Titan Sports and the WWF worked. Lucha Libre AAA is the Mexican subsidiary and Lucha Libre FMV is the World Wide one that was created for Lucha Underground I think. At some point Antonio Pena Promotions sold all rights for AAA trademarks outside of Mexico to Lucha Libre FMV yet still kept doing business outside of Mexico. So Lucha Libre FMV is suing. It will probably end with a settlement where Antonio Pena Promotions buys everything back.

That's why you never see Omega with the AAA Title belt outside of AAA shows in Mexico.
    Ohhhh ok I thought you meant to say AEW sued AAA or vice versa lol. I was like, what does AAA have to do with AEW Dynamite and what match was supposed to go down? My bad.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i expect blood and guts to draw massive numbers

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    i expect blood and guts to draw massive numbers
    It'll be record breaking for AEW. I actually expect it to get at least a 1.7 This feud has been going on for awhile, especially if you start it when MJF joined the Inner Circle. This isn't even the payoff. Look at nWo v. WCW at War Games. That was just the beginning of a 3-4 year long feud and it wonders for WCW.

The rest of the card is looking stellar. I've seen some of the matches announced for WrestleMania Backlash (WTF kind of name is that Vince??) and let's be honest.....TK and his booking team have surpassed Vince like we all knew he would. Everyone kept saying wait until Vince is gone, why? Just turn on AEW.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    bryan danielson vs. darby allin. damn i need to stop myself from thinking about that possibility, can only end in heartbreak if he re-signs or they dont book it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I’ve been thinking of Danielson vs Omega and peeper is hard now

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But he’ll just cockblock and sign with wwe again and I can’t blame the guy. GET YOUR BAG, BRYAN.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But he’ll just cockblock and sign with wwe again and I can’t blame the guy. GET YOUR BAG, BRYAN.
    But he wants to work with other companies. Does MLW count?

Really excited for this Blood n Guts match.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But he wants to work with other companies. Does MLW count?

Really excited for this Blood n Guts match.
    mlw is a great company but they couldn’t afford MJF, much less Bryan Danielson.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i've been underwhelmed by some of moxley's promos in AEW but that promo on nagata was awesome.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey the AAA Belt

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kenny needs Don Callis to talk for him.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    next week is LOADED

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Kenny needs Don Callis to talk for him.
    he needs to be more succinct. i liked the promo but it went long.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this whole episode has had a great atmosphere. the product overall feels really hot tonight.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everything Luchasaurus does looks stiff (not in a good way) and janky. Jungle Boy should be a singles star.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ratings are in for Dynamite.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What are they chanting? I can't make it out. I heard AEW and probably this is awesome.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm going to have to find the FITE rip of this later. They really should have made this match commercial free.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good match. Weak ending.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could have used a crash pad that wasn't black at least.