Results 4,101 to 4,116 of 4116

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Tay conti was very much just overlooked in NXT and from what it sounds like, she was taught to work very soft, which worked against her natural instincts from martial arts...

leaving wwe, she seems to have gone on a deep dive of All Japan and started learning how to work stiff and that laying her shit in can be safe and look awesome. Give her another year to get her timing and ring psychology down pat and she'll be one of the best in the business. She's already so much better than she ever was in the NXT system
    Is there an interview about this? I'd like to read it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tay conti was very much just overlooked in NXT and from what it sounds like, she was taught to work very soft, which worked against her natural instincts from martial arts...

leaving wwe, she seems to have gone on a deep dive of All Japan and started learning how to work stiff and that laying her shit in can be safe and look awesome. Give her another year to get her timing and ring psychology down pat and she'll be one of the best in the business. She's already so much better than she ever was in the NXT system
    I will say that there is a possibility that she would've been given more time as some of the better talents moved up the ladder but the oversized roster of both companies is a huge negative. I'm glad WWE are cleaning house, there will be some people released that various fans will shake their first about, I do it all the time for at least 1-2 talents. I think if they didn't have 400 people in developmental, someone like Tay Conti wouldn't have slipped through the cracks and become so disinterested in what NXT was offering.

It's like in Rocky 3 where he trades in the high tech training for the old stomping grounds of Apollo Creed and look what happened.

By this time next year Tay Conti will be a front runner for being the first AEW ppv main evented by a woman.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Is there an interview about this? I'd like to read it.
    I dont have one direct reference for this, it's come up on her twitter and in various portuguese & spanish interviews she's done. From what I gather, at the PC they just run the same drills over and over and not really teaching the funadmentals of match psychology and structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I will say that there is a possibility that she would've been given more time as some of the better talents moved up the ladder but the oversized roster of both companies is a huge negative. I'm glad WWE are cleaning house, there will be some people released that various fans will shake their first about, I do it all the time for at least 1-2 talents. I think if they didn't have 400 people in developmental, someone like Tay Conti wouldn't have slipped through the cracks and become so disinterested in what NXT was offering.

It's like in Rocky 3 where he trades in the high tech training for the old stomping grounds of Apollo Creed and look what happened.

By this time next year Tay Conti will be a front runner for being the first AEW ppv main evented by a woman.
    Looking ahead, AEW's women's roster is gonna be insane in another year or so.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have one direct reference for this, it's come up on her twitter and in various portuguese & spanish interviews she's done. From what I gather, at the PC they just run the same drills over and over and not really teaching the funadmentals of match psychology and structure.

Looking ahead, AEW's women's roster is gonna be insane in another year or so.
    This part I don't agree with at all because the proof is in the talent. The NXT system works, it's just bloated. Conti is a victim, not of the system but of timing.

Trust me, at first I thought Tay Conti was getting the super push in AEW as a way for AEW to try and make a nothing talent in NXT into a top tier player. But then when you see her matches and nobody can look at a Charlotte Flair or Bayley or Asuka and not say Tay Conti isn't on that same level now.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This part I don't agree with at all because the proof is in the talent. The NXT system works, it's just bloated. Conti is a victim, not of the system but of timing.

Trust me, at first I thought Tay Conti was getting the super push in AEW as a way for AEW to try and make a nothing talent in NXT into a top tier player. But then when you see her matches and nobody can look at a Charlotte Flair or Bayley or Asuka and not say Tay Conti isn't on that same level now.
    So, i agree that she's definitely a victim of being overlooked in the bloated system, but take a look over the history of NXT and look for people who were trained at the PC that have gone on to be great wrestlers. Charlotte and Sasha seem to be the top ones I can think of and they worked there during the Bill Demott and Dusty Rhodes days. I have no clue wtf is going on at the PC anymore...the trainers seems to not put as much work into the trainees and instead focus on the people who come in off the indies and need the final WWE polish.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 4th grade teacher was Mrs. Conti. Can't remember her first name. Sure she's dead now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlooked, absolutely, and also put in the ring way too soon before she even knew what kind of wrestler she was. Her BJJ was always mentioned, but they wanted her to be kind of that crazy chick that would yell in peoples' faces "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" and boy that was cringe. Her offense right off the bat was awkward and miles away from looking convincing... then she took some time away and worked on her body, then her overall look started to come together, her offense started to take shape, and she even started to show genuine personality not forced crazy junk. And being grouped with Caesar Baloni and that other BJJ dude didn't stick, but she was starting to show real potential.

WWE letting her go was the best thing to happen to her. She's clearly done her homework and will totally be a big name in a year or two.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, i agree that she's definitely a victim of being overlooked in the bloated system, but take a look over the history of NXT and look for people who were trained at the PC that have gone on to be great wrestlers. Charlotte and Sasha seem to be the top ones I can think of and they worked there during the Bill Demott and Dusty Rhodes days. I have no clue wtf is going on at the PC anymore...the trainers seems to not put as much work into the trainees and instead focus on the people who come in off the indies and need the final WWE polish.
    I mean, even veterans like Sami Zayn benefited from being in NXT. I'll be honest, was never a fan of El Generico on his own. Loved the KO tag-team stuff against the Briscoes and if there were maybe people he was wrestling I really liked I would check it out in ROH or PWG. But I 100% love him as Sami Zayn.

We also can't forget that AEW isn't developmental. NXT is a glorified developmental system almost in the same vein as ECW or USWA. Obviously moreso ECW with the television exposure. Because there are definitely wrestlers who I think were better in NXT and nowhere else so far. The Revival is a great example. Love their matches but I loved them more in NXT than Raw/SD or AEW.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW: 1.104 million18-49: 0.37

over a mill two weeks in a row. Nice.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW: 1.104 million18-49: 0.37

over a mill two weeks in a row. Nice.
    Shows it wasn't a fluke.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows it wasn't a fluke.
    Who said it was a fluke? I think 99.9% of the fans knew that people were channel surfing and when NXT moved to Tuesdays AEW would see a bump in ratings.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure there are NXT fanboys trying to say so. Not necessarily on this forum, just in general.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are NXT fanboys trying to say so. Not necessarily on this forum, just in general.
    Maybe. You posted saying it's not a fluke. Who said it was a fluke?

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    two million+ ratings two darby allin main events

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe. You posted saying it's not a fluke. Who said it was a fluke?

I'd rather watch The Circle on Netflix than play this circle game.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather watch The Circle on Netflix than play this circle game.
    Better than The Inner Circle.