Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

Cow fart expert. Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    puertorico
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    So how legit is this story about Sammy Guevara wanting to the win the X Division title, show up on Dynamite with it, but then never lose it? He wanted them to just vacate it, not wanting to put someone over just win it and be gone lol.

If it's true then my rant stays. Do you think he had that mentality because of how the talent are basically running the show in AEW? Did he feel like Impact was beneath even a Sammy Guervara to where he didn't feel like doing the job? I mean, I'm already reading shit about how AEW talent kind of had an arrogance to themselves when they should up to do some Impact shows but that could just be bullshit obviously.

Just seems like a weird hill to die on.
    Bryan Alvarez spoke about this subject during Wrestling Observer Live. He revealed a side of the story that came from someone closer to Sammy Guevara’s side. It seems that Guevara was trying to protect his character and make sense out of things, but Impact Wrestling had their own logic about the situation that they didn’t want altered.

“Sammy’s side of the story was not that he was going to win three matches on Impact. He would lose a match, he would get beaten down, he would ultimately win a match, and then he would be beaten down afterward.”

“It was also said that they wanted him to be in tag matches, but he didn’t want to be in tag matches because the whole storyline on Dynamite is that he’s splitting from the Inner Circle and he’s going it alone. Apparently, in his mind it was, ‘If the storyline is that I’m going it alone then why would I go to Impact and do tag matches?’ Apparently, he told people that he was upset with this idea and he wanted to win the X Division Title and then never lose it. He had an idea that involved him winning the X Division Title, but not that he wouldn’t lose it, not that he would go back to AEW, not that he would be stripped or anything, but the point is that they weren’t going for any of these ideas.”
    I do understand him not wanting to work tag matches at impact. That makes no sense.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    I do understand him not wanting to work tag matches at impact. That makes no sense.
    I mean, ultimately who the fuck is this kid to even think he has stroke? lol. I did hear on Keeping it 100 that apparently this kid has been trouble in the past working for Konnan and others.

Has anyone not involved with the Bullet Club from Impact actually kicked anyone's ass from AEW?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    puertorico
    I mean, ultimately who the fuck is this kid to even think he has stroke? lol. I did hear on Keeping it 100 that apparently this kid has been trouble in the past working for Konnan and others.

Has anyone not involved with the Bullet Club from Impact actually kicked anyone's ass from AEW?
    Does it make sense to work tag matches in impact when he just left the inner circle on AEW specifically saying he wanted to be alone?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it make sense to work tag matches in impact when he just left the inner circle on AEW specifically saying he wanted to be alone?
    I guess it depends on the context of why he would be in a tag-team. The fact the little fucker didn't even show up, we'll never know. He could have been in a tag-team match with another singles guy to further a future 1 on 1 match with whoever they were facing.

Who was he supposed to team up with? If he was going to Impact to team up with Jericho and be the tag-team champions, sure. But again, nothing happened so we have no clue what they had planned for him. For all we know it was 1 tag-team match.

I love his alternative idea. Let me win the X division title and then I'll go back to AEW, w/o the belt, and you guys just vacate it and make a new champ. Zero payoff, just something for this mark to go "Hey I was Impact X division champion and never lost it" well yeah, because you think you're somebody. If your show is only getting 6-700k in viewership a week, you ain't shit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    puertorico
    I guess it depends on the context of why he would be in a tag-team. The fact the little fucker didn't even show up, we'll never know. He could have been in a tag-team match with another singles guy to further a future 1 on 1 match with whoever they were facing.

Who was he supposed to team up with? If he was going to Impact to team up with Jericho and be the tag-team champions, sure. But again, nothing happened so we have no clue what they had planned for him. For all we know it was 1 tag-team match.

I love his alternative idea. Let me win the X division title and then I'll go back to AEW, w/o the belt, and you guys just vacate it and make a new champ. Zero payoff, just something for this mark to go "Hey I was Impact X division champion and never lost it" well yeah, because you think you're somebody. If your show is only getting 6-700k in viewership a week, you ain't shit.
    He was supposed to team with Decay like Black Taurus ended up doing. Black Taurus is a way better fit. Reports said Impact told him not to come after they talked to Tony Kahn, it's not like he no showed. The wording on a lot of the quote gets confusing but it just sounds like he wanted singles matches in the x-divison if he was doing something with impact, which again I feel like makes sense. This quote is very confusing.

“Sammy’s side of the story was not that he was going to win three matches on Impact. He would lose a match, he would get beaten down, he would ultimately win a match, and then he would be beaten down afterward.”
    It says he would lose a match, get beaten down. Win a match and get beaten down again. A lot of context missing about who would beat him down exactly.

He had an idea that involved him winning the X Division Title, but not that he wouldn’t lose it, not that he would go back to AEW, not that he would be stripped or anything, but the point is that they weren’t going for any of these ideas.”
    So he wins the title, he would lose it, he wouldn't go back to AEW with it, he wouldn't have to be stripped of it.

Again the quote could have been a lot clearer instead of just saying not this not that over and over again.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was supposed to team with Decay like Black Taurus ended up doing. Black Taurus is a way better fit. Reports said Impact told him not to come after they talked to Tony Kahn, it's not like he no showed. The wording on a lot of the quote gets confusing but it just sounds like he wanted singles matches in the x-divison if he was doing something with impact, which again I feel like makes sense. This quote is very confusing.

It says he would lose a match, get beaten down. Win a match and get beaten down again. A lot of context missing about who would beat him down exactly.

So he wins the title, he would lose it, he wouldn't go back to AEW with it, he wouldn't have to be stripped of it.

Again the quote could have been a lot clearer instead of just saying not this not that over and over again.
    Yeah the reports are confusing that's why I was like, ok what is actually going on. A lot of my negative outlook on his approach stems from listening to Keeping it 100 talking about Sammy being a pain in the ass so to speak when doing shows for Konnan and other places.

And again, context is everything. Was it just going to be him randomly teaming up with the Decay, no storyline? Was he going to join the stable? It'll be interesting if we ever get the full details and honestly this is about as much as I'll keep talking about it. I've just been LOLing more than usual about this whole AEW/Impact relationship.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Loved the Team Taz/Sting & Darby segment. Best thing Sting's been involved in since joining AEW.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Yeah, by far. I wonder if they were waiting on medical clearance for him to do anything physical all those weeks he literally just came out and stood there

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    puertorico
    I'm annoyed at Brian Cage for moving out of the way when Darby was coming down the zipline. He should have took the bump.

hero
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hook in the body bag, Darby on the zip line, Stinger splash...all just...MUAH!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading these comments I can see why hardly anyone watches wrestling anymore.

hero
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Huh?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Huh?
    AFTER READING THESE COMMENTS I CAN SEE WHY HARDLY ANYONE WATCHES WRESTLING ANYMORE.

Such as...

Hook in the body bag, Darby on the zip line, Stinger splash...all just...MUAH!
    And many others just over the last year or so. If this is what is considered greatness, then it's settled. Nobody gives a shit enough about pro wrestling so just do whatever and hope it works.

I mean, Mox couldn't even put on his gear he just rolled out of bed, threw on some sweats, and had a 50/50 match with a fucking jobber. But thank God for old ass Sting. He took a powerbomb and it was the biggest news story since Bin Laden was killed.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Everything okay at home, ND?

hero
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's the weirdest complain i've heard from you, Nash.

"people enjoyed this segment, so wrestling is shit now" ?

edit: are you saying that people's expectation are really low?
    Last edited by Hero!; Today at 2:33 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Everything okay at home, ND?
    You should know I tuck you in every night and make you and your family breakfast. Geez, shows how much I'm appreciated at the Ringo household. You're sleeping on the couch tonight.

That's the weirdest complain i've heard from you, Nash.

"people enjoyed this segment, so wrestling is shit now" ?
    If that's the weirdest complaint.....well you have been kind of MIA over the last couple years so it's understandable if THIS was the weirdest lol.

I'm literally saying that yes, people who enjoyed this segment, among others, means that wrestling is never going to build back up if this is the shit "people" are so into.

OMG Sting showed up. Dude you're the ninja always cracking on people because of their age and here you are, blowing 65 year old Sting because he could barely drag a 20lbs sack of shit.

hero
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If that's the weirdest complaint.....well you have been kind of MIA over the last couple years so it's understandable if THIS was the weirdest lol.

I'm literally saying that yes, people who enjoyed this segment, among others, means that wrestling is never going to build back up if this is the shit "people" are so into.

OMG Sting showed up. Dude you're the ninja always cracking on people because of their age and here you are, blowing 65 year old Sting because he could barely drag a 20lbs sack of shit.
    Um, I thought the entire segment was just very well put together. Hook was in the bodybag which distracted Taz. Then Darby ziplines down from the ceiling and takes out Starks and Sting takes on Cage and hits a move we haven't seen him do in years.

It's a segment where the babyfaces looked smart and played their cards right to even out the 2 vs 4 situation. It was cool and had a lot of thought put into it.

it's not like goldberg just coming back and beating all the young talent. Sting clearly can't take on guys like Cage or Starks by himself, but if he uses his veteran instinct to outsmart them...well, it works out like it did last night.

I don't know how that translates into "shit that people are into".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, I thought the entire segment was just very well put together. Hook was in the bodybag which distracted Taz. Then Darby ziplines down from the ceiling and takes out Starks and Sting takes on Cage and hits a move we haven't seen him do in years.

It's a segment where the babyfaces looked smart and played their cards right to even out the 2 vs 4 situation. It was cool and had a lot of thought put into it.

it's not like goldberg just coming back and beating all the young talent. Sting clearly can't take on guys like Cage or Starks by himself, but if he uses his veteran instinct to outsmart them...well, it works out like it did last night.

I don't know how that translates into "shit that people are into".
    So it would be ok if Goldberg was teamed up with someone beating all the "young" talent? Fuck Goldberg too. Tony Khan was going to have him re-create the streak in AEW so be thankful for that.

I guess now Sting can go out on his own terms for the 50th time as he cashes a 7 figure paycheck to stand around like a jerk off. Fuck him and his born again Christian excuses. Joel Olsteen says hi Sting, thanks for the merch.

And do you know why you haven't seen him do a (horrible) reverse DDT in years? Because according to him he could no longer wrestle, so why would he? Were you marking out when Ricky Morton's crackhead ass did a Canadian Destroyer because we hadn't seen Ricky piledriver anyone let alone flip in decades.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it would be ok if Goldberg was teamed up with someone beating all the "young" talent? Fuck Goldberg too. Tony Khan was going to have him re-create the streak in AEW so be thankful for that.

I guess now Sting can go out on his own terms for the 50th time as he cashes a 7 figure paycheck to stand around like a jerk off. Fuck him and his born again Christian excuses. Joel Olsteen says hi Sting, thanks for the merch.

And do you know why you haven't seen him do a (horrible) reverse DDT in years? Because according to him he could no longer wrestle, so why would he? Were you marking out when Ricky Morton's crackhead ass did a Canadian Destroyer because we hadn't seen Ricky piledriver anyone let alone flip in decades.
    You, ok? You feel like you wanna throw up?

hero
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

wtf

I was talking about the stinger splash

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wtf

I was talking about the stinger splash
    Even worse. You should've talked about the Scorpion Death Drop that looked 100x better than Stingk with his 2" of air he got on that splash.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    You, ok? You feel like you wanna throw up?

When I read some of these super marks for AEW that ruin AEW for me, I'm more like this ninja: