User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Results 3,301 to 3,322 of 3322

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Meltzer has a some form of crush on Omega doesn't he?

He's a good wrestler but probably the most overrated wrestler the world has ever seen. I enjoy his matches but it's rare I watch them and think wow, this guy is something above anyone else. A lot of his matches I find to be pretty boring, especially those 60+ minute ones in Japan.

He's woeful on the mic and is his characters are cringey as fuck. If he was doing the same stuff in WWE people wouldn't care much about him, he's still got a way to go in my eyes.

I enjoyed the Fenix match but it wasn't anything spectacular.
    lol

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a good wrestler but probably the most overrated wrestler the world has ever seen. I enjoy his matches but it's rare I watch them and think wow, this guy is something above anyone else. A lot of his matches I find to be pretty boring, especially those 60+ minute ones in Japan.

He's woeful on the mic and is his characters are cringey as fuck. If he was doing the same stuff in WWE people wouldn't care much about him, he's still got a way to go in my eyes.

I think those that follow Meltzer's cult feel validated by his rankings for the Okada matches. I don't listen to this guy, the shit I hear is from posters on message boards and social media and it's always "no shit Sherlock" moments. He was just the first back in the 50's.

My opinion of Omega is that he is no doubt a crisp wrestler, very entertaining to watch in the ring. People like Jim Cornette tend to shit on the guy so hard because they know deep down if they're blowing Lance Storm as a great talent they have to admit Kenny is in the same conversation. But since he's young and he does weird shit as a person/character they use it to water him down. Oh the blow up doll, the young girl....Dude I was so into the 80's and early 90's comic book wrestling that Jim Cornette had a hand in that I don't care. And that's not me shitting on my guy JC that's just pointing out that it's a ridiculous hatred.

I'm with you about his mic work, whatever his character is supposed to be....I hope to God people like Arn, Tully, Goldust, Jericho, I hope they're really giving him solid advice because I think they could help him truly be what he is trying to be. I don't think Omega knows how to get to that next level, he's out there with a fucking broomstick still. That "Cleaner" moniker could be awesome but he makes it cheesedick because he spent all that time in DDT-land of Hero and the guy with the boxing glove on one hand and the Heavy Metal Chicken Wing Ultimate Fuckboy Championship lol.

He's a guy who if you put him in WWE and they were able to polish him up could be a top tier player. Not saying The Rock, but if people jerk off to Roman and Seth, Kenny could be in that category without question.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heís not overrated as heís a very good fine wrestler. Maybe overrated to the Meltzer thatís about it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny's good, but not great. I like Kenny mostly.

End of.

Splashin' on Gin & Juice Sasori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing about Meltzer's ratings is that a match he would normally give 4.5 can suddenly become a 5 if the final minutes elevate it. I remember an Okada v Ishii match during the G1 years ago that fell into this category. He explained his rational for grading it, and when I watched it, I could see what he meant. Most of the match was very good, but not something I would give 5 stars. Then the last 3 minutes went to a whole new level and I could see why Meltzer gave it the 5. I personally wouldn't have gone as far as him, but at least I understood his reasons.

This is how I felt about Omega v Fenix. Most of it was a very good match, but the last 5 minutes reached that next level and Fenix was absolutely on fire that I can see why Meltzer would go the full 5. I'd still probably give it 4.5, but to each their own.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Kenny's good, but not great. I like Kenny mostly.

End of.
    lol

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, he's never given Kurt Angle a 5 star rating. If that's the case, and you look at Meltzer for what is considered a 5 star match, pull your penis through your eye sockets.

Yeah I just looked, fuck that guy. 4.75 stars for HBK v. Angle @ Mania 21. LOL.

The ONLY REASON I can think of as to why he would never give Angle a 5 star rating is because the one thing pro wrestling can't say is that it's real. Yes, the action is "real" just like a stuntman is doing real shit that could potentially get him hurt/killed. But Kurt Angle didn't know going into the 1996 Olympics with a broken fuckin neck knowing he was going to win.

So Dave and his weak frail mentality has probably always felt threatened by real wrestlers in the business because he knows his fuckboys like Matt Jackson and Tiger Mask 9 would get killed by Angle.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; January 12th, 2021 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daniel Bryan too. Lars Sullivan has one though.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    meltzer's star ratings never fail to get a rise out of people.

love it.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, he's never given Kurt Angle a 5 star rating. If that's the case, and you look at Meltzer for what is considered a 5 star match, pull your penis through your eye sockets.

Yeah I just looked, fuck that guy. 4.75 stars for HBK v. Angle @ Mania 21. LOL.

The ONLY REASON I can think of as to why he would never give Angle a 5 star rating is because the one thing pro wrestling can't say is that it's real. Yes, the action is "real" just like a stuntman is doing real shit that could potentially get him hurt/killed. But Kurt Angle didn't know going into the 1996 Olympics with a broken fuckin neck knowing he was going to win.

So Dave and his weak frail mentality has probably always felt threatened by real wrestlers in the business because he knows his fuckboys like Matt Jackson and Tiger Mask 9 would get killed by Angle.
    He was just stingy on them back then but isn’t now. There are dozens of matches from the 2000s that would obviously get five stars if they happened move for move today

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    the star ratings being broken by the omega/okada six-star match really made dave loosen up his idea of what a five-star match is. Same as the five-star scale breaking what was originally the four-star scale.

He's given out like 7 or 8 five stars to WWE in the last 5 years, where hadnt given one to wwe in like 15 years before that.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    edit: just looked it up and he gave wwe no 5star ratings between 97 and 2011 and then he's given out 8 since 2018.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, let's be honest. The majority of those 5 stars weren't for WWE matches, they were for NXT matches.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this waiting room segment is probably the worst thing that has ever been on dynamite

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    darby allin's the best wrestler in the world

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    edit wrong thred

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    You were genuinely curious, you literally said that in your post, so why are you curious? What observation needs to be made here? I have a nephew Liam that's on the spectrum, not one time have I ever factored that in to his opinion on something. I don't tell people, oh don't worry about his opinion, he's on the spectrum.

That's basically looking at someone and assuming they're mentally challenged and using that as an excuse for why they do the things they do. Being on the spectrum doesn't make you a fucking serial killer lol.
    Nothing negative was meant in my post, ND. At all. It was a throwaway comment. I've come across the subject quite a bit in my personal life recently, so asking must stem from that.

On the subject of Meltzer, I like him in small doses. How seriously people take his star ratings is kinda sad, to me. I paid them quite a bit of attention at one point, but at that point I was 14 years old.

I'm currently reading his 1997 Yearbook that I got for Christmas from Mrs M. Really enjoying it so far. My favourite year in wrestling.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

On the subject of Meltzer, I like him in small doses.
    Me and you are going to fall out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Meltzer and rat poison are a lot alike. They're never good, but they're okay in small doses.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Me and you are going to fall out.
    Ha, I can't be dealing with him on Twitter etc, but reading his reviews and stories from 1997 etc, I'm ok with. But then I'm a big fan of the subject matter, so.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Ha fair enough.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live and die but what he says but anyone who denies that he's never contributed something of value are just being ridiculous. Take the editorial aspect out of his newsletter. His opinion is his opinion. But he has given us plenty of information, not gossip, but educating us on underground talent, international talent. No different than fuckin Siskel & Ebert. I'm sure in the horror movie community there's all these weird groups based on certain horror genres that hate what Troma does and loves what Miramax did in the 80's more than the 90's. Meltzer is the Joe Bob Briggs of pro wrestling lol.