Results 3,101 to 3,141 of 3141

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    why do you want your new world champions first televised wrestling appearance as world champion to be on a show a max of 1% of your audience watches

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    portugal
    I honestly think it’s more to boost impact’s ratings than anything.

also just thought about how fun AEW women vs impact’s awesome KO division could be. Also The North vs The Young Bucks would be sick.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i mean, they could do this for the TV title. sure. tag titles even. but the world title???

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    portugal
    Dude it’s just an appearance to get impact some views. Omega and Jericho are great friends with Callis, so they’re just helping them a bit.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was also the perfect place for Moxley to lose the title. He had a full run, had a bit of a dull start, but had a hot string of matches over the last few months while starting to fire on all cylinders and really find his footing and niche as the face of AEW. He pretty much reached the peak point where had they gone longer, you risk people turning on him. And then they have him lost like this and not only reset that heat, but put over how strong of a champion he was that he had to lose like this.

I'm looking forward to an eventual match with Cody beefing about calling himself the Ace while Mox is champ.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I honestly think it’s more to boost impact’s ratings than anything.

also just thought about how fun AEW women vs impact’s awesome KO division could be. Also The North vs The Young Bucks would be sick.
    Ethan Page's contract is supposed to expire soon so they better do it now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    portugal
    Fuuuuck hold up, they could do Bucks vs MCMG again.

Bucks and Omega with Gallows and Anderson mini reunion.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed Dynamite tonight. Great episode and I'm happy to see Omega win the title. Hopefully he has a good run. Becoming a heel helps i think.
    I'm not too excited about the TNA cross over though. Kinda meh for me.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I thought the whole episode was extremely predictable. Not necessarily bad wrestling in curtain matches, just extremely easy to see what is coming, which isn't even always the case in Vincent Kland. And that leads to boring tv eventually.

Last week, I posted on the 'front page' that the battle royal would come down to MJF vs Cassidy, with the guy who has the new super man punch (Cassidy) winning the match and super sized ring, great for punching of course. Very basic, predictable booking there.

the second the lights went off, I said, "Sting" . It's been so IN YOUR FACE obvious he was coming with the WWE removing his merchandise plus Darby Allen dressing like Sting, wearing make-up like Sting and then finally hiding in the rafters of the 'arena' like Sting. Subtle is something AEW doesn't do at all let alone well....

Another Young Bucks "aren't we assholes" interview. You mean they're facing another jabroni tag team next week? Wow, there's something new for them....

But thank Harley. I'm so sick of hearing how unbeatably tough John Moxley is. Kenny Omega the cheater is my new favorite AEW wrestler for setting us free from the curse of Moxley toughguy Promos..... I hope.

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was kind of a weird episode. What happened in the ring was good, but there was a big a schmoz after every match. Felt like overkill. And that segment with the guy saying the Young Bucks were staring at each others junk. Is this 2002?!

I liked the Hangman/Dark Order stuff. If you follow BTE, then it makes sense.

Remember that comment Tony Khan made about "changing the balance of power in wrestling"? Well, the conclusion of the Moxley/Omega match has to be the pay off to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    That theme is awesome. I don't understand what exactly he's going to do in AEW though.
    Sell his merch, lend his likeness to AEW products (they've got 2 video games coming out), mentoring people, etc. There's a ton of things he can do outside the ring for them.
    Last edited by Sasori; December 3rd, 2020 at 3:09 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    Personally I thought the whole episode was extremely predictable. Not necessarily bad wrestling in curtain matches, just extremely easy to see what is coming, which isn't even always the case in Vincent Kland. And that leads to boring tv eventually.

Last week, I posted on the 'front page' that the battle royal would come down to MJF vs Cassidy, with the guy who has the new super man punch (Cassidy) winning the match and super sized ring, great for punching of course. Very basic, predictable booking there.

the second the lights went off, I said, "Sting" . It's been so IN YOUR FACE obvious he was coming with the WWE removing his merchandise plus Darby Allen dressing like Sting, wearing make-up like Sting and then finally hiding in the rafters of the 'arena' like Sting. Subtle is something AEW doesn't do at all let alone well....

Another Young Bucks "aren't we assholes" interview. You mean they're facing another jabroni tag team next week? Wow, there's something new for them....

But thank Harley. I'm so sick of hearing how unbeatably tough John Moxley is. Kenny Omega the cheater is my new favorite AEW wrestler for setting us free from the curse of Moxley toughguy Promos..... I hope.
    Darby has always done his face paint and dressed how he does, it has nothing to do with Sting.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if WWE thinks Shotzi Blackheart will win in the ratings war lol.

Seriously, great show of AEW! Sting showing up was a holy shit moment for me. The main event was awesome. I loved the ending with Omega needing to cheat. The announcers sold it so well. It will be interesting to see what happens. I think they will eventually build to Omega vs Page again. I wonder who will be the first contender.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    STING SHOWING UP WAS LIKE WTFUUUUUUUUCK

Nice episode. No PAC? Or did I miss him in the battle royal?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was not there

i loled at kingston just jumping on the mic at the end

World Champion
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    STING SHOWING UP WAS LIKE WTFUUUUUUUUCK

Nice episode. No PAC? Or did I miss him in the battle royal?
    I think they should do this more often. Every big name doesn't have to be on tv every week. Hopefully that is something we see more of going forward. Take the two hours and focus on 3-4 storylines and then the following week you can focus on the others. Obviously, you can keep advancing the big ones but I think it would be great if they didn't over expose their main guys.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Darby has always done his face paint and dressed how he does, it has nothing to do with Sting.
    Im sure he wasn't influenced as a youngster like all children are, right? Anyhow, the git-up is most definitely Stingish and always has been. Not surfer Sting but Crow Sting. (Lame joke)

I also noticed you failed to mention how he recently started hanging in the rafters in a most Sting-like way?

Well Ating's arrival was telegraphed like pitcher giving up his pitches to a better before he releases the ball.

I also gotta chime in on the announcer's overkill. It's a bit much at all times with the 'Moxley tough guy routine' but last night was too much from start to finish, even trying to get "Reba" or "Rebel" correct.

And seeing Arn Anderson fight, fall and try to get up looks more like something that belongs in Jackass Senior The Movie

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that Tony Khan playing EWR with his dad's money is giving us old timers something to look forward to. I wish WWE did stuff like this where they brought back legends but it seems they only want to bring back people who can still work and do look 100.

Sting is 61 years old and look about 81 last night. WCW 3.0 in full effect.

Oh and while I'm glad Kenny won the title, fuck the story. I have no desire to see AEW and Impact working together. My son thinks it's all just to get Gallows and Anderson working with AEW.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure he wasn't influenced as a youngster like all children are, right? Anyhow, the git-up is most definitely Stingish and always has been. Not surfer Sting but Crow Sting. (Lame joke)

I also noticed you failed to mention how he recently started hanging in the rafters in a most Sting-like way?

Well Ating's arrival was telegraphed like pitcher giving up his pitches to a better before he releases the ball.

I also gotta chime in on the announcer's overkill. It's a bit much at all times with the 'Moxley tough guy routine' but last night was too much from start to finish, even trying to get "Reba" or "Rebel" correct.

And seeing Arn Anderson fight, fall and try to get up looks more like something that belongs in Jackass Senior The Movie
    do you know what rafters are

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone thinks Sting is there for anything other than 7 figures you're fucking delusional. He was never and has never been a wrestling fan. In TNA, he never did shit for anyone. Listen to any interview, nobody ever talked about how Sting was a mentor, that helped with creative. He himself has said he has no desire to do any of that stuff and never has.

He's not there to mentor talent or to help behind the scenes. He's there for the money and the fact the owner of AEW is a fucking mark just like Dixie Carter is why he'll probably enjoy his time more in AEW than WWE because WWE, in case you all forgot, do not operate like any other wrestling company because they're lightyears beyond being simply a wrasslin company.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't you dare try and besmirch real estate steve like that

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I must have missed Sting wearing jean shorts over tights with a belt. You're an idiot. I never said he wasn't influenced by him, I'm sure Finn Balor was too. It didn't mean Sting was going to NXT.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If anyone thinks Sting is there for anything other than 7 figures you're fucking delusional. He was never and has never been a wrestling fan. In TNA, he never did shit for anyone. Listen to any interview, nobody ever talked about how Sting was a mentor, that helped with creative. He himself has said he has no desire to do any of that stuff and never has.

He's not there to mentor talent or to help behind the scenes. He's there for the money and the fact the owner of AEW is a fucking mark just like Dixie Carter is why he'll probably enjoy his time more in AEW than WWE because WWE, in case you all forgot, do not operate like any other wrestling company because they're lightyears beyond being simply a wrasslin company.
    Ok, ND.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Ok, ND.
    Oh shit I didn't even know you were still alive good job bro I was worried there for a second bro you are fuckin dope bro I hope you're feeling ok bro.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t think there’s anyone who doesn’t know he’s not there for the money. It’s still a cool thing for the company. We know he’s not there for the company or the long run but only put over people.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I think they should do this more often. Every big name doesn't have to be on tv every week. Hopefully that is something we see more of going forward. Take the two hours and focus on 3-4 storylines and then the following week you can focus on the others. Obviously, you can keep advancing the big ones but I think it would be great if they didn't over expose their main guys.
    Or they can create a new show that would air on TV. Wasn't that in the works anyway?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t think there’s anyone who doesn’t know he’s not there for the money. It’s still a cool thing for the company. We know he’s not there for the company or the long run but only put over people.
    How? He's 61 years old and can't even wrestle. Remember, he retired at the WWE HOF supposedly for real. Hanging out with old man Sting isn't exactly putting people over. So what is his purpose other than appealing to tiny % of fans that are consistently killing off the fans while simultaneously not creating any new fans of the sport....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be spooky and carry a bat and maybe wrestle with a shirt on

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if WWE thinks Shotzi Blackheart will win in the ratings war lol.

Seriously, great show of AEW! Sting showing up was a holy shit moment for me. The main event was awesome. I loved the ending with Omega needing to cheat. The announcers sold it so well. It will be interesting to see what happens. I think they will eventually build to Omega vs Page again. I wonder who will be the first contender.
    Since it's off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I kind of like the idea of Sting being AEW's enforcer and showing up once in a while to defuse in ring brawls when they get out of hand.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho looked awful last night. He was so fat and bloated. His frigging pants almost fell off. What is going on with him?

Who's Brenda & Terry? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    He's probably depressed and stopped working out since his pal Don lost.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? He's 61 years old and can't even wrestle. Remember, he retired at the WWE HOF supposedly for real. Hanging out with old man Sting isn't exactly putting people over. So what is his purpose other than appealing to tiny % of fans that are consistently killing off the fans while simultaneously not creating any new fans of the sport....
    Who says he has to wrestle? Obviously he can do a angle or a storyline, same like old man Hogan did when he popped up in wwe. Doubt it’s a tiny % too way more than that he’s appealing too and no doubt will have hardcore fans thinking I’ll check AEW out see what Stings all about on there.
    Last edited by Chris Scott; December 3rd, 2020 at 5:24 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I kind of like the idea of Sting being AEW's enforcer and showing up once in a while to defuse in ring brawls when they get out of hand.
    And this is what we call a storyline

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I saw him and Shawn Michaels on the Jesus Network years ago, now that was spooky....They both had shirts on too but had crosses instead of bats....

Who says he has to wrestle? Obviously he can do a angle, same like old man Hogan did when he popped up in wwe. Doubt it’s a tiny % too way more than that he’s appealing too and no doubt will have hardcore fans thinking I’ll check AEW out see what Stings all about on there.

Like I said bruh, hanging out with Old Man Sting isn't exactly putting people over but I'll give it a chance. Why? Because I'm turning 39 and when I was 15 I really liked brown haired 1996 Sting and obviously Brandon Lee is god-level so he's hitting me there with the look.

But ultimately I find it a step backwards because this is tv time that should be going to someone/something else born within the last 3-4 decades, idk. I'm giving it a chance but that doesn't mean much when I give damn near everything a chance these days. We're revisiting nostalgia everywhere else in entertainment might as well keep the ball rolling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine this happening. Would be good like.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw him and Shawn Michaels on the Jesus Network years ago, now that was spooky....They both had shirts on too but had crosses instead of bats....

Like I said bruh, hanging out with Old Man Sting isn't exactly putting people over but I'll give it a chance. Why? Because I'm turning 39 and when I was 15 I really liked brown haired 1996 Sting and obviously Brandon Lee is god-level so he's hitting me there with the look.

But ultimately I find it a step backwards because this is tv time that should be going to someone/something else born within the last 3-4 decades, idk. I'm giving it a chance but that doesn't mean much when I give damn near everything a chance these days. We're revisiting nostalgia everywhere else in entertainment might as well keep the ball rolling.
    Well it’s the first thing they’ve done with an old legend guy coming in, he’s showed up once. Like you mentioned give it a chance, see what happens.

I still think who ever gets the run it will help them get over no matter what level they’re currently at.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
    Jericho looked awful last night. He was so fat and bloated. His frigging pants almost fell off. What is going on with him?
    Aye he certainly did. Think his days are unfortunately winding down. Hopefully they have him more concentrating on building the Inner Circle chaos.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho should be strictly a tag team wrestler.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This poster is pretty sick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darby and Sting have almost nothing in common. They wear face paint. That's about it.

It's kind of annoying.

Sting was a body-building 80s hero, turned silent vigilante with a steel resolve

Darby is an under-weight, scrappy, underdog with a high pain tolerance and no fear who won't back down

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Darby and Sting have almost nothing in common. They wear face paint. That's about it.

It's kind of annoying.

Sting was a body-building 80s hero, turned silent vigilante with a steel resolve

Darby is an under-weight, scrappy, underdog with a high pain tolerance and no fear who won't back down
    Khan and co. were apparently big fans of WCW's last 2 years because it's just like with Sting and Vampiro. They had NOTHING in common at all but were dubbed "Brothers In Paint" That made more sense when Sting was teaming with Road Warriors as they all had a similar background. Vampiro's history was totallllly different than Sting and they didn't have a history together so wtf was the point? It was almost like we were being sold a feud based on white and black face paint. ICP gets in the mix it's now gang warfare? Lol.

I'm sure the connection will be the paint and then they'll build off that. Maybe the brooding element of each man's character. But ultimately it is simply they both have black and white facepaint and AEW is all about "big brother" relationships although here it's more like Grandfather and grandson.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sting can probably do some cinematic matches for AEW.