User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 2,901 to 2,928 of 2928

Thread: AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite

  1. #2901
    NO LIMIT SOLDIER Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    ZONE 4
    Posts
    12,491
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50063
    I did not enjoy Jericho and MJF. This is what people want!?
    Last edited by Sinner; October 22nd, 2020 at 11:02 AM.

  2. #2902
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    213332
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    What the hell is this? Lol. Cornette is going to have a field day on this. Lol
    He disowned MJF, lol. Pissing off Cornette is the best part. How dare they do something that isn't pure 80's southern style wrestling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I didn't notice her at all.

    Wardlow/Jungleboy was way better than I thought it would be, Wardlow might not be as green as I thought he was. MJF is a better singer than Jericho. John Silver is a super good wrestler. The graphic and promo for Eddie Kingston vs Moxley is great. I can't believe a few months ago he wasn't even with the company.
    MJF was in choir as a kid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    You should read his tweet lol.

    This show was probably the worst AEW show I've watched. Not saying they haven't sucked more often than not the last 5-6 months, maybe longer, but Jesus Christ....This is the alternative we wanted I guess.

    It almost felt like they wanted to show us they could do worse than the Elias segment on SD with this whole singing bullshit. I wanted to like it but it was cringe.

    The only thing that saved this show was the Pentagon/Fenix match. Everything else, yikes.
    I didn't know you were so disappointed with the product. What were you expecting? We've discussed this on the board many times. Fans love the entertainment aspect. A pure sports style show isn't going to hook them. I've read that's what ROH is doing now, so that's an alternative.

    And worse than Elias? Nothing is worse than Christian Rock.

  3. #2903
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,402
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    928531
    I'm sure the Y2J/MJF segment is going to do huge numbers so Jericho can gloat.

  4. #2904
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    He disowned MJF, lol. Pissing off Cornette is the best part. How dare they do something that isn't pure 80's southern style wrestling.



    MJF was in choir as a kid.



    I didn't know you were so disappointed with the product. What were you expecting? We've discussed this on the board many times. Fans love the entertainment aspect. A pure sports style show isn't going to hook them. I've read that's what ROH is doing now, so that's an alternative.

    And worse than Elias? Nothing is worse than Christion Rock.
    I'm not sure how to answer that question without replying with, have you paid attention to anything I've said about the show?

    I don't go into a wrestling show with a checklist. I don't have huge expectations because you literally never know what you're going to get. That's why I can still call myself a fan after 30+ years. I'm one of those couple million still holding on lol.

    I'm not "so disappointed" I'm just being a veteran fan who looks for more than just what is presented and go "OH AWESOME". Doesn't work with WWE, shouldn't work for AEW. Or any promotion.

    AEW is still trying to find their identity imo. Imagine thinking TNA in year one was going to be TNA in year five. But again, it's impossible for fans who are my age who have been watching it this long to watch it the same way we did when we were 8 or if we were just some casual fan hopping in and out because it's on. It's like expecting a 40 year old comic book nerd to accept a revamped Night Thrasher because it's what Marvel is doing now. Fuck that.

    AEW can do better. They're already doing one major thing right: Kenny Omega as a top singles guy. I guess the jury's still out, if he's not champ after Ambrose they shit the bed. They gotta keep it hot. Gotta be a top tier player not just some dude who Tony EWR's into a spot. He just needs a manager because his promo ability is borderline early Cesaro. And Cesaro knows 8 languages!

  5. #2905
    Level 6 Laser Lotus Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    C H I L D is the ish, man.
    Posts
    15,904
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151724
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    MJF was in choir as a kid.
    Yeah, and he was on Rosie as a kid singing you are my sunshine. I knew he could sing but I didn't expect him to be that much better than Jericho. Jericho was a crazy shade of red by the end too.


  6. #2906
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    This is why only a million or so watch this show. It really does appeal to the most die hard wrestling fan who can look past this bullshit.

  7. #2907
    Midcarder JuveLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    249
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14291
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    This is why only a million or so watch this show. It really does appeal to the most die hard wrestling fan who can look past this bullshit.
    Doesn't WWE struggle to get 2 million nowadays? Wrestling as a whole is pretty dead if you compare it to the 80s and late 90s.

  8. #2908
    Born a loser Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Will die a loser
    Posts
    20,875
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    519058
    spain
    No shit sherlock.

  9. #2909
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,311
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    344950
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Yeah, and he was on Rosie as a kid singing you are my sunshine. I knew he could sing but I didn't expect him to be that much better than Jericho. Jericho was a crazy shade of red by the end too.

    Crazy shade of red is right. I thought holy shit this guy could drop any second.

    Didn't know about MJF's singing. Guy can carry a tune.

  10. #2910
    Midcarder JuveLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    249
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14291
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    No shit sherlock.
    No one was talking to you, buddy.

  11. #2911
    Level 6 Laser Lotus Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    C H I L D is the ish, man.
    Posts
    15,904
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151724
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Crazy shade of red is right. I thought holy shit this guy could drop any second.

    Didn't know about MJF's singing. Guy can carry a tune.

  12. #2912
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    213332
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm not sure how to answer that question without replying with, have you paid attention to anything I've said about the show?

    I don't go into a wrestling show with a checklist. I don't have huge expectations because you literally never know what you're going to get. That's why I can still call myself a fan after 30+ years. I'm one of those couple million still holding on lol.

    I'm not "so disappointed" I'm just being a veteran fan who looks for more than just what is presented and go "OH AWESOME". Doesn't work with WWE, shouldn't work for AEW. Or any promotion.

    AEW is still trying to find their identity imo. Imagine thinking TNA in year one was going to be TNA in year five. But again, it's impossible for fans who are my age who have been watching it this long to watch it the same way we did when we were 8 or if we were just some casual fan hopping in and out because it's on. It's like expecting a 40 year old comic book nerd to accept a revamped Night Thrasher because it's what Marvel is doing now. Fuck that.

    AEW can do better. They're already doing one major thing right: Kenny Omega as a top singles guy. I guess the jury's still out, if he's not champ after Ambrose they shit the bed. They gotta keep it hot. Gotta be a top tier player not just some dude who Tony EWR's into a spot. He just needs a manager because his promo ability is borderline early Cesaro. And Cesaro knows 8 languages!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    This is why only a million or so watch this show. It really does appeal to the most die hard wrestling fan who can look past this bullshit.
    I knew you weren't AEW's biggest fan, but I didn't think you thought it sucks more often than not. I haven't agreed with every decision they've made (like taking the TV title off Brodie after only a month), but what I like about the company is that there's an honesty to it. They're doing what they love and you can see it in the kinds of storylines and segments that get produced. When someone like Eddie Kingston cuts a promo, you can tell it's from the heart. And it was Matt Hardy's idea to mentor Private Party because he saw potential in them. That doesn't mean they don't pander to fans. Jericho was quick to sell bottles of "A Little Bit of the Bubbly" on his website and makes a nice little profit. While it's not perfect, I get a genuine good feeling when watching AEW which is something that I haven't gotten from American wrestling in a very long time.

    I would add that a million viewers is really good considering wrestling isn't hot right now and the promotion is brand new. I don't know if they've peaked yet or still have room to grow their audience, but I would call this a success.

  13. #2913
    Midcarder JuveLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    249
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14291
    Anyone think Wardlow looks a tad like Joey Abs? They could pass as cousins or brothers even, lol.

  14. #2914
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Doesn't WWE struggle to get 2 million nowadays? Wrestling as a whole is pretty dead if you compare it to the 80s and late 90s.
    Not comparing it to anything other than reality. I will elaborate more below but being content with losing that % of your fanbase and not being able to recover like you did in the past when the numbers were the same (check the ratings for Raw in 1993-1996). No company is happy with that but obviously we're talking about a company (WWE) who has about 100 more tv deals across the planet and are literally their own shit in comparison to every other wrestling company. Why? They're not a wrestling company anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I knew you weren't AEW's biggest fan, but I didn't think you thought it sucks more often than not. I haven't agreed with every decision they've made (like taking the TV title off Brodie after only a month), but what I like about the company is that there's an honesty to it. They're doing what they love and you can see it in the kinds of storylines and segments that get produced. When someone like Eddie Kingston cuts a promo, you can tell it's from the heart. And it was Matt Hardy's idea to mentor Private Party because he saw potential in them. That doesn't mean they don't pander to fans. Jericho was quick to sell bottles of "A Little Bit of the Bubbly" on his website and makes a nice little profit. While it's not perfect, I get a genuine good feeling when watching AEW which is something that I haven't gotten from American wrestling in a very long time.

    I would add that a million viewers is really good considering wrestling isn't hot right now and the promotion is brand new. I don't know if they've peaked yet or still have room to grow their audience, but I would call this a success.
    I'm just being real. Like I said, I watch it through a different lens than most because I have been a huge fan for over 30 years. I dove head first into music and pro wrestling when I was like 6 and had older friends who in 1995 were exposing me to everything under the sun thanks to them having internet in college lol.

    It's also a mood thing. I have gone back and watched matches that I originally thought were awesome and I'm like, I really liked that whack shit? And like I said, AEW is still trying to find their identity. Some fans are hypnotized with their praise because I truly believe it's due to it being fresh. It's not completely different for obvious reasons but that's perfectly fine, it's FRESH. Unfortunately as I keep saying I've been watching it so long and I'm too old to play pretend mentally like I did when I was 9 or even 15 with the nWo coming in.

    Trust me, I'm definitely a fan who makes excuses but a million is not good. And the excuse we use isn't exactly positive lol. "Well yeah I mean 10 million people used to like it but it's ok if only 2-3 million do now" What company is happy with losing that % of their customers? Imagine Pepsi saying, well, at least people are still drinking soda. Truth is we don't really know how many are watching with the 90 ways you can watch in 2020 but I still think it doesn't matter what era you're in, if the shit's good it's good. Explain to me how shows like Law and Order can still bang out 20-30 million viewers for 25 years consistently? If the shit is hot it's hot. Rap music wouldn't have a platform if only a million records were sold a year.



    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Anyone think Wardlow looks a tad like Joey Abs? They could pass as cousins or brothers even, lol.
    Hilarious you said that because my best friend asked if that was the actual wrestling from MSP lol. I actually think he looks like if Rhyno had a kid but he was the opposite of his dad height-wise.

  15. #2915
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    Long ass story short. I'm a big fan of AEW and that's why I am critical of them to a certain degree. That's just how I am when I want something to succeed. Whether that's my kids, music, pro wrestling, how I do at my job, etc.

    If we just talk about the Glee segment we saw, personally it's not that big of a fucking deal lol. It's another corny segment in pro wrestling we can shit for years to come or people can defend for years to come. You don't think people were shitting on This Is Your Life or the other skits in the 90's or the weird shit in the 80's? Of course they did. Segments like this will no doubt divide fans. That doesn't mean if you didn't like this segment you don't like comedy in wrestling, some shit just doesn't appeal to people. When I watch Empire, I love it, but half the shit is so corny I'm like man, why do I still watch it?? Or most of my favorite sports teams....

  16. #2916
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,402
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    928531
    This Is Your Life is my least favorite segment in the history of wrestling. Worse than Katie Vick. Worse than the Jericho/Cassidy debate. Just utter shit.

  17. #2917
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    I think my only real gripe is the people who watch AEW feel like they don't owe it to themselves to objective. They want this to be so awesome and so much better than WWE which is why 99% of them can't stop themselves from saying things like, "Well look at WWE's ratings" So what? They own the market, fuck the US they own the global market of pro wrestling EASILY.

    We have a company who right now is more focused on comedy spots and bullshit than making Jon Moxley the centerpiece. If you're not fuckin with Jericho, you're #2 and a distant #2. People want to compare them to WWE well here you have WWE's go to job guy getting heavy rotation like it's 1993 and radio still won't let go of Motley Crue and replace them with Nirvana. Not saying Motley didn't have a purpose in the early 90's just like Jericho has a purpose in this era no doubt he's fucking brilliant....but when you're not really putting much effort into your World title picture I think you need to start.

    Kenny Omega is the answer. I think he's the missing piece in the main event scene. Wasting away in a tag-team. It's his time to really shine.

  18. #2918
    Midcarder JuveLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    249
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14291
    I agree about the Kenny Omega stuff. Everyone thought when AEW was created that Omega would be the guy, but he's basically been a background guy. Yes, he's been a tag champ, but i really do believe that he's at his absolute best when he's a singles wrestler. He needs more focus and i think he will when he wins the number 1 contender tournament. Also, i think Omega as a heel is considerably better than a face.

  19. #2919
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    I agree about the Kenny Omega stuff. Everyone thought when AEW was created that Omega would be the guy, but he's basically been a background guy. Yes, he's been a tag champ, but i really do believe that he's at his absolute best when he's a singles wrestler. He needs more focus and i think he will when he wins the number 1 contender tournament. Also, i think Omega as a heel is considerably better than a face.
    I said it earlier but what will hold him back is his promos. This isn't Japan where promos are 3rd-4th down the line. North American and Western European fans that they are trying to appeal to are not going to just go "Eh but he's so good who cares if he sucks on the mic" I remember pre-WWE Bryan Danielson, nobody gave that guy a shot in the WWE because he didn't show enough personality in ROH. He was Bob Backlund 2.0 and it did take him a year or so on the main roster and the stories that he fell into that helped him build up his skills and be more than the best in the world.

    I believe that if you have talkers like Jericho, Moxley, plus the OG's like Tully, Arn, and Jake the Snake, you shouldn't have any issue with learning and improving unless that's the best you can do. If you can't sit down with Goldust and learn something you're fucked. Or even a guy like Cody, dude has been money on the mic since he helped induct his father into the HOF.

  20. #2920
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    213332
    I can't remember if this was advertised on the show this week, but Matt and Sammy will be going at it on the Hardy Compound at Full Gear.


  21. #2921
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    36,830
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    854565
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I can't remember if this was advertised on the show this week, but Matt and Sammy will be going at it on the Hardy Compound at Full Gear.

    I'm super confused and excited because to my knowledge, Hardy was done with all the gimmicks. So what will this be like?

  22. #2922
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    213332
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm super confused and excited because to my knowledge, Hardy was done with all the gimmicks. So what will this be like?
    Yup, Matt posted a video on his channel where he came to terms with all his personas and became whole again. I guess he can still call on their help when needed, but he no longer needs them on a regular basis.


  23. #2923
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,420
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    74076
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Rey Fenix is unreal. Him and Pentagon are having a really good match. Pretty solid Dynamite episode so far
    Just finished the show before, what a match that was. Page/Colt match was good too, enjoyed that.

  24. #2924
    Born a loser Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Will die a loser
    Posts
    20,875
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    519058
    spain
    I heard about it on twitter but only watched last night, But Jesus after the Hardy debacle you would like to think they would be extra cautious, but no they have Reynolds knocked loopy in the ring with people working round him then taking moves after, Mental.

  25. #2925
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,420
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    74076
    Yeah was shocking the ref at first didn’t notice and also over a minute the fellow wrestlers didn’t get onto it.

    Although the move was routine Private Party do all the time, you can’t blame AEW for that.

  26. #2926
    Born a loser Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Will die a loser
    Posts
    20,875
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    519058
    spain
    Well no, Accidents happen, But as I say they really need to start catching onto this shit after Matt as well.

    I feel like Jericho and whoever else came up with that steak dinner segment did it of course to entertain but partly to give James E. a breakdown

  27. #2927
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,288
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    211742
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I heard about it on twitter but only watched last night, But Jesus after the Hardy debacle you would like to think they would be extra cautious, but no they have Reynolds knocked loopy in the ring with people working round him then taking moves after, Mental.
    The refs are too busy trying to be a part of the show rather than actually be officials. Aubrey was caught off guard w/ the Matt Hardy incident w/ Sammy and she didn't know how the hell to handle the situation. She froze, called the match but they continued anyway and she didn't do a damn thing. Rick Knox though, I don't know how he didn't notice Reynolds being unconscious, just lying there like that. Scary stuff.

    AEW needs to sit their refs down and tell them they need to remember their training on how to be referees not performers because they're going to let someone fall on their head and they won't know what to do. Oh wait they've already done that.

  28. #2928
    big ol' meathorse mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,051
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    645584
    Just read that Abadon was injured while wrestling a match with Tay Conti at the Dynamite taping and was taken to the hospital.

    EDIT: Update: she took an elbow to the throat and couldn't breathe. She's doing better and should recover just fine.
    Last edited by mth; Yesterday at 10:43 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •