Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will They Ever Return?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Will They Ever Return?

What are the chances the following people will ever be in WWE again?

1. Chris Jericho - Old at this point, don't see him returning in a wrestling role. He'll be in AEW until it busts then retire.

2. Cody Rhodes - Once he comes around and realizes WWE is king and not him, maybe he'll return. Could have a nice program with Triple H on his return since Cody mocked him at a recent AEW event.

3. Dean Ambrose - I hope not, WWE has been much better without him around, but he is a former champion and the girls love him. Also his wife is still in WWE so there is a possibility.

4. CM Punk - Nearly 41 years old, got butt hurt by the WWE in the past, I wouldn't mind if he never returned but the thousands of fans who attend WWE live events certainly miss him.

5. Big Cass and Enzo Amore - I don't miss either, but they were big merchandise sellers. Since Enzo wasn't found guilty, maybe he can come back with Cass and rule the tag division.

6. Jack Swagger - YES PLEASE!

7. Wade Barrett - This guy should be in NXT UK as a GM or something.

8. Ryback - Maybe he can come back and feud with Lars Sullivan to see who the true most boring bald wrestler on the planet is.

Feel free to add your own people as well.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Regarding Dean Ambrose, I would mark out for a The Shield reunion.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love Punk back. The only genuine star who would be a game changer.

Most likely will be Ambrose with some degree of creative control I would think. Ryback seems to have burnt bridges. Wade would be awesome but he never got the push he deserved.

Cant see Cody or Jericho going back now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho, Ambrose and Punk are future Hall of Famers and will take the legends contract down the line. Barrett I think has a WWE UK programme in him if they want to pay him. Ryback, no chance. Swagger, was never over enough to bring back. Nobody has nostalgia for 2010 WWE. Cody I doubt, unless you count inducting Dustin. Enzo and Cass, maybe the latter, no chance the former.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two biggest returns IMO would have to be Punk and Ambrose. If Punk came back to WWE, it would turn heads from UFC and also gain back a lot of curious wrestling fans. If Ambrose comes back to WWE, it would be an immense blow to AEW. It would say that Ambrose hated WWE so much that he left, but he went back because AEW wasn't what he expected.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The two biggest returns IMO would have to be Punk and Ambrose. If Punk came back to WWE, it would turn heads from UFC and also gain back a lot of curious wrestling fans. If Ambrose comes back to WWE, it would be an immense blow to AEW. It would say that Ambrose hated WWE so much that he left, but he went back because AEW wasn't what he expected.
    It wouldn't. UFC/MMA fans have very little respect, if any, for CM Punk. He didn't gain any new fans doing that shit, if anything he lost fans and caused fans to tune out of the UFC for even allowing this guy a shot.

But I literally agree with everything else you're saying. These would be, imo, the 2 biggest returns, especially CM Punk regardless of how old he is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would. People know his name, like him or hate him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Nash is right, mma fans don't give any shits, fucks, or damns about Punk. The only head it would turn would be to tell him good riddance.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you, as someone who is a hardcore MMA fan, they wouldn't. They=MMA fans who saw him fight. Take a dip into an MMA forum sometime and find me the positives about CM Punk's 2 fights and if it won him any fans. I don't mean that in a dick way V, I just think you're trying to apply the whole "If he's popular in one area he's going to bring those fans with him" Only he didn't get any new fans dabbling into MMA.

Knowing someone's name doesn't mean you go out of your way to see what they're up to. If I hate someone, I'm not going around following their moves in entertainment I'm putting effort into following other shit. CM Punk when it comes to MMA got the "X Pac heat" It wasn't that he was a good heel or a cool guy, they just didn't want him anywhere near the sport......How that would transition into them going "Oh well maybe I'll check him out in pro wrestling that I never watch" is beyond me....

Bagel
    Barret as an NXT UK wrestler or GM role would be great. I always enjoyed him whatever role he was in.

The window of care for CM Punk coming back has closed for me. Gone too long, and left on bad terms. Always was fun to watch, particularly as a heel, and WWE doesn't have enough of them that can legitimately be hated.

Ryback and Lars - Airhead BnB (Bald and Boring) would be fun if they just ran over people.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk would be the only one to make me tune in. The whole nature of his departure would make his return feel similar to Bret coming back to the WWE, being something that I would just HAVE to see.

I love Jericho, but he's been back so many times now that I wouldn't be shocked if he were there right now and I just didn't know it.

I love Cody too, but they bumbled him so badly in his last run that I lost interest.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s more chance of Zack Ryder winning Royal Rumble then the WWE title at Wrestlemania than there is of Punk returning. The bad blood runs too deep. Sure Bret made up with Vince/HBK/WWE made up but that was a contractual dispute and a drop in the ocean compared to Punk/WWE’s issues. He’s very financially well off anyway.

Ryback complains about equal pay and all that bollocks, but if WWE cared enough to wave enough money in front of his face.

Cass/Amore? Eww no thanks, I doubt they’d touch that especially when it comes to Amore not being up front with them about his troubles. Not impossible but very doubtful, would rather they stay away.

Jericho I could definitely see getting a goodbye run. Ambrose could come back for a Shield reunion as the bridge is not burned.

Barrett seems to be comfortable being an on-air World of Wrestling executive/commentator, but bridge is still open there.

Cody started a rival organisation which Vince is batting down the hatches with NXT to compete with.Besides a HOF induction, no way.

Swagger may be on one of those reunion shows later down the line if they paid him enough but nothing more.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am astounded that any wrestling fans ever say “can’t see Xx coming back”

Have you not seen the list of people who have returned following bad mouthing the WWE, lawsuits and decades of bad blood?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know right, what idiots!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a small chance with any of the others, but at the moment I genuinely can’t see it with Punk given the legal battle unless he’s really struggling for money and even then there’s his pride.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. is it even possible for you to be more wrong about mma fans and punk. good lord.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over a long enough period of time pretty much everyone of any significance comes back eventually. There's really only a few guys who really seem to have been banned for life, and we thought one of them was Jeff Jarrett and now he's working at the company.

I would love to see Ken Shamrock in the Hall of Fame, or just get an appearance on nostalgia shows. I think he's part of the concussion lawsuit, so that would explain why he hasn't been back in recent years. Prior to that I don't really know what the reason for him never coming back was, I think he could have been a main event guy in the mid-2000s.

John Morrison is a big mystery to me. I think he was stuck in one of those crazy Lucha Underground contracts? But whenever that expires WWE really should bring him back. Dude is way too good to be working for TNA.

Anyone think we'll see Ryback again? He doesn't seem worth bringing back with the amount of shit he's talking about the company.

Have they learned their lesson with Del Rio?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    lol. is it even possible for you to be more wrong about mma fans and punk. good lord.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his ufc career was a bust. he wasn't really accepted by mma fans. why they would suddenly give a fuck about him and wrestling?

you'd have a better argument saying that mtv real world challenge fans will turn their heads.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a Punk return might be the only plausible one that could actually move the needle. I know it would get me tuning in for at least a few weeks to see how things went.

Who do we think might come back for a Saudi payday? Got to say Edge doing the Spear on Elias got my attention. I could imagine him and Christian against The Hardyz in Saudi Arabia, just not in a ladder match. Maybe we finally get Sting vs. Undertaker. I think Austin is done for real at this point. I don't think they're ever letting Hogan back in the ring. Flair's had too many health issues at this point.

I don't know about Rock. I can imagine him in his heart wanting to do one more match but I wonder if the insurance issues would be too much after he got hurt against Cena.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see Nash and Hall vs. HHH and HBK, with all the goons from nWo and DX getting involved for smoke and mirrors. I know Shawn's said he's definitely done, but if he's done one he'd do another I think.

Sting I think is unlikely. The only match that works is 'Taker and all of 'Taker's signature offence can fuck the spine. Like if Flair was still active he could work a match with him, but Undertaker would be a risk. Especially when the guy is losing strength and could be a safety liability.

I think the bigger likelihood for Saudi is that they just milk the Goldberg and 'Taker teet until it's dry. If they can get Cena there, you've got him, Orton, HHH and Reigns for the "dream match" generator. They could try Batista but if I remember he's quite liberal and probably wouldn't go to Saudi Arabia.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think there's any way that Batista would do a Saudi show. I think he's probably actually done now, he just wanted to come back and do one last match and put over Triple H.

Goldberg vs. Reigns would be a good Saudi main event. I don't know if Cena will do Saudi shows anymore. Maybe he'll feel like the heat has cooled off now but he pulled out of Crown Jewel after the Jamal Khashoggi murder.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, like most things this Saudi shit will pass and more people who flaked on it will go.

You have to think, the same shit has to happen to entertainment outside of the US where they're going "I don't want to go to America, kids get shot in schools almost weekly there" or the countless other atrocities we deliver daily. There's probably some Saudi Arabian wrestling company who's roster is politicing their way out of that trip due to how we let our women do what the fuck they want lol.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Punk on WWE

From main page

Punk added, "I'm 40 years old and I try to be as zen and wise as I possibly can be. ... I'll have a conversation with anybody. But it's nothing—like, I'm not calling them, but if they're like, 'Oh, hey,' I mean, I'll talk to you. See what you got to say, but it better be good. I think I had a pretty good career, I don't think there's anything left that I need to accomplish."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM Punk coming back in a wrestling role, even if it's super limited for one year would be cool.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching all of Punk's Q&A panel and reading the landscape of how WWE operates now, it certainly feels like there's an opportunity where the two sides talk and they come to an agreement. Performers are able to take more time off now and the company has even more money to throw around. It's there but do they really strike? It's also a situation where if you're going to make an offer, don't screw around. Just give your best offer and see what he does. "Best" offer is another interesting wrinkle, too. It would really be interesting from a bunch of various angles if they wanted him to work NXT. As of right now, the traveling would be extremely minimal, has extremely fresh and vibrant performers he can work with, WWE probably sees that as a great jab at AEW. It would be puzzling to an extent to have him on the third brand, and then there's any residual political hang ups between Triple H and Punk. Triple H seems way more understanding now in regards to the types of performers that are hotter now and resonate more with the crowd, so that would work in Punk's favor, but maybe there's just way too much of a disconnect between the two of them. Punk flat out said he knows Vince didn't "get" Punk but maybe Vince just throws money at the situation and hopes Heyman can really make the most of the opportunity.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see him working NXT, even with them going to USA, it's still ultimately a developmental system. If the WWE are reluctant to send any of their own top tier players, I can't see one of the biggest names they've had since Cena going there. Him working behind the scenes with NXT? That I could actually see.

It would be interesting to see just how he would be presented and who he would work with. Does he pick up where he left off as this martyr, the "voice of the voiceless" still seeing the WWE as it was when he left, maybe even worse than when he left? He could do the hero that we need type routine and elevate some guys who will play the "I'm a company guy" card. Both heels and faces.

All leading to the eventual Triple H v. CM Punk, if Punk wins he gets control of the WWE or some shit like that lol. Sounds very 1999ish but fantasy booking aside I could literally see something weird like that happening.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moment he left, I figured he would only come back for a HOF induction. Especially since he made another fortune in his mixed martial arts stuff. Then the Saudi's started throwing huge money around, so now I wouldn't be surprised if we might see a Punk appearance there, before a HOF spot.

I think Vince might have to be out of the picture before Punk would return

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Punk's issue wasn't even the WWE, it was himself. Everything else was just an excuse, valid at times, but he was burnt out and he needed a way out. Just like Stone Cold, and they reacted on heat of the moment emotion. That's why in that Colt podcast you heard Punk constantly say it wasn't about money, but every negative experience he mentioned sans the doctor saying his staph just needed a z-pack, was all about money lol.

I want Cena money. I want to be in 12 Rounds 2 so I can get paid. I want to be in the main event of WM, well you're in a main event, yeah well why don't I get paid Rock money? lol. He was just a typical pissed off soy boy and after 5 years of reflecting on how he handled his exit, he realizes that he was just in a bad spot both physically and mentally.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last i saw Stone Cold he looked more ripped than ever, i wonder if hes gearing for another match.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's coming back in a "competing in a match" sense, and there's coming back in a "appear in a segment with the Heath Slater/Elias/whoever of the time".

Of the original post, I could only see Swagger ever coming back in the first sense.

Second sense, probably all of them at some point when they're north of 60 years old.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently John Morrison is returning. Great talent, really looking forward to it

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takeover Gimmick on a Pole match between Morrison and Gargano.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick
    For 35 mins

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    TLC

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think there's any chance Sable might return to WWE some day?

Maybe not as an in-ring talent (because she doesn't have any) but as a hostess for something on the Network? Make her the Women's Division GM on NXT? Something like that?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Hope not. She was hardly a good talker, was she? Plus, she's 52 now. Even in this day and age, that works against her.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two sources have indicated that Punk did get a tryout for the FS1 show for WWE.

Meltzer had in his newsletter that if Punk is making a return to wrestle, it appears it'll be for WWE. That's not saying he is making a comeback but if he does, Meltzer thinks it will ultimately be for WWE.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two sources have indicated that Punk did get a tryout for the FS1 show for WWE.

Meltzer had in his newsletter that if Punk is making a return to wrestle, it appears it'll be for WWE. That's not saying he is making a comeback but if he does, Meltzer thinks it will ultimately be for WWE.
    Important to note that the show he auditioned for is apparently a Fox produced show. Were he to do the show he still wouldn't actually be a WWE employee.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that point being made, that he wouldnt be a WWE employee. But does that even matter? The association with WWE would be quite clear. So if he's willing to do this show for FOX, he might as well be working for WWE directly.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the stuff that's gone on between Punk and WWE and how vitriolic he's been, is there a realistic chance he'd swallow his pride and go back to them even if he's technically doing it for Fox? Unless he needs the money bad. I know Bret did but that was waaaay down the line.

Personally I'm not bothered if he comes back either way.

Bagel
    Within the 2 years from his departure I thought was the best time to come back despite circumstances, but now that it's this long I don't miss him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    Within the 2 years from his departure I thought was the best time to come back despite circumstances, but now that it's this long I don't miss him.
    Agreed. We move on.

Bagel
    I can't say the same about a guy like Wade Barrett though. Just a lot of unfortunate circumstances - misuse, injuries - but even if he came back in an on-air role but not as a wrestler, I'd love to see that, maybe come in as a manager/mouthpiece. Haven't kept up with his whereabouts to follow what he's doing now, but that's a surprise return I'd be happy about.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I saw that point being made, that he wouldnt be a WWE employee. But does that even matter? The association with WWE would be quite clear. So if he's willing to do this show for FOX, he might as well be working for WWE directly.
    If he doesn't have to swallow his pride and answer to Vince or HHH it may matter to him a great deal.

But idk. Everyone comes back eventually. It's wrestling. It's always just a matter of time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Enzo and Cass will totally be back one day. I'd bet my balls on it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    If he doesn't have to swallow his pride and answer to Vince or HHH it may matter to him a great deal.

But idk. Everyone comes back eventually. It's wrestling. It's always just a matter of time.
    I'd imagine he'd still have to answer to Vince/HHH a big deal somewhat. Also his stock has fallen mainstream since he couldn't cut it in UFC. At least Brock has been successful there so it's more than likely he's beating Kofi on opening night.

Punk/Vince may very well make up eventually though I'd imagine it may take as long as or even longer than with Bret. Bret and WWE/Vince go way back, it's not the same with Punk who was anti-establishment for years as it is without tne vitriol.

Saying that, the crux of it is the influence Fox/FS1 has on WWE and if they’ll reach out to him. Punk has basically said the ball is in their court, they’re the ones that have to back down.
    Last edited by Badger; September 28th, 2019 at 11:36 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    With all the stuff that's gone on between Punk and WWE and how vitriolic he's been, is there a realistic chance he'd swallow his pride and go back to them even if he's technically doing it for Fox? Unless he needs the money bad. I know Bret did but that was waaaay down the line.

Personally I'm not bothered if he comes back either way.
    Judging by his panel at Starrcast, as long as the offer is genuine, I imagine the answer his 100 percent yes. I came away from listening to him in full as someone who has let the past stay there and moved on. It's just a matter of not dicking around with an offer.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by his panel at Starrcast, as long as the offer is genuine, I imagine the answer his 100 percent yes. I came away from listening to him in full as someone who has let the past stay there and moved on. It's just a matter of not dicking around with an offer.
    We’ll see I guess. If you end up being right then fair play.

If he returns, I’ll just respectfully clap. I’m not going to jump for you. Like I say, either way not bothered.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm trying to say is that if "having to swallow his pride" is an issue, he wouldn't do this show in the first place because it's still associated with WWE. Saying "he actually only works for FOX" is a technicality that no one's buying. Morally it shouldn't make a difference.

Either way it doesnt matter. I'm just glad he can eventually maybe go back to doing what he used to love, and what the fans loved him for.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Enzo and Cass will totally be back one day. I'd bet my balls on it.

That's a tougher one. Enzo is such a freakin' head case, I think of him more like a poor version of Chyna. If she hadn't died, I don't think she would have been welcomed back as long long as Vince/Steph/HHH were around.

I can see Cass more likely to get his act together and come back, but not Enzo

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If you lsiten to Mark Henrys BOR interview with Enzo he actually comes across very well when hes not 'living the character' he wants to help cass with everything he has and I respect that despite the fact I can't stand stand him as a performer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had an issue with Enzo. Cass was bland as fuck but paired up with Enzo it made sense. Enzo showed he could easily ride on his own, and he was apparently well liked or he wouldn't have had so much fucking camera time. Which increased IMO to help get 205 Live over. Sadly, nobody seemed to care about the division before or after, and I'm saying both the fans and WWE.

I'd like them both to come back, as a tag-team, and just give us some solid entertainment like they did for the few years they were together. People have said and done a lot worse and came back with bigger pushes or a backstage agent/trainer/booker position. Road Dogg is a great example of a guy who took massive shits on the WWE including being part of one of the corniest TNA storylines ever....And look where he wound up? Head booker of Smackdown, now part of NXT.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this day I see clearly!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Diamond View Post
    On this day I see clearly!
    Aaaaand now it's stuck in my head.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Saudi stuff makes it more likely for bigger names to take one offs for a giant payday. Work one day and pad their retirement.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s look at Jeff Hardy. Considering he shock horror got arrested (again) lately, should he get another chance or should WWE just cut their losses now?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    The Saudi stuff makes it more likely for bigger names to take one offs for a giant payday. Work one day and pad their retirement.
    Stone Cold please and thank you.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s look at Jeff Hardy. Considering he shock horror got arrested (again) lately, should he get another chance or should WWE just cut their losses now?
    I think he's just bad with time off. He was doing fine, as far as we know, until he had to go sit at home.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's just bad with time off. He was doing fine, as far as we know, until he had to go sit at home.
    You’d think no one in the world could botch sitting at home on their arse, but Jeff did it. Kudos!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Stone Cold please and thank you.
    Imagine the Saudi payout for Austin/Lesnar.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine the Saudi payout for Austin/Lesnar.
    Austin wins and calls for beers.....

ok maybe not

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin wins and calls for beers.....

ok maybe not
    That's exactly what happens.

Bell rings, Brock runs at him and immediately eats a stunner. 1-2-3.

Perfection.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly what happens.

Bell rings, Brock runs at him and immediately eats a stunner. 1-2-3.

Perfection.
    If only laws would allow....

Fuck it do it!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Saudi's would also pay good money for Austin/Goldberg.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin spraying Goldberg and Lesnar at the same time with a beer bath!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    This is the match it would have to be. Austin can win and no one gets buried. The hype would be unreal.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be amazing anywhere other than Saudi Arabia. These events create a weird paradox. Aesthetically it would be Goldberg vs. Steve Austin, but the soul of the operation would be left at the outgoing airport.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin/Undertaker vs. Goldberg/Brock.

Austin won’t have to do much, but he still gets to work with Goldberg and Lesnar. Lesnar pisses off Goldberg, Goldberg lays him out for Austin and ‘Taker to beat.

Beer bash with the faces and... SCENE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to be like one of the few wrestling fans who doesn't give a shit if the WWE performs in Saudi Arabia. It's a slow burn with what WWE is accomplishing by doing shows there. Sometimes you have to bring this part of the world to that part of the world to show them there might be a better way of life. But then again, who the fuck are we to puff out our chests when it's not exactly Showbiz Pizza over here in School Shootin' US of A

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the atmosphere over there sucks needs better fans

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
    I am astounded that any wrestling fans ever say “can’t see Xx coming back”

Have you not seen the list of people who have returned following bad mouthing the WWE, lawsuits and decades of bad blood?
    right?

Those who who do not learn from history....

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was among the long list of people who easily predicted that Chyna would not be back, but she'd be inducted posthumously into the HOF.

Same with Randy Savage.

And a lot of us agree that Owen's widow will have to die before the rest of Owen's family agrees he deserves a posthumous HOF induction.

There is something to learn from history on both sides

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk was asked on his AMA today about if we WWE return were ever possible. His response:

It'd have to be a very big bag.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk is a business man like every other independent contractor. If anyone shows up at his house with a big enough dumptruck full of money, he'll sign.

The question is why hasn't the Kahn family sent a big enough one yet? You want to make waves? There is no bigger wave to make than that one. And if you fuck around and let WWE bring him back in then there won't be another such opportunity for a long time.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies
    Well, I was among the long list of people who easily predicted that Chyna would not be back, but she'd be inducted posthumously into the HOF.

Same with Randy Savage.

And a lot of us agree that Owen's widow will have to die before the rest of Owen's family agrees he deserves a posthumous HOF induction.

There is something to learn from history on both sides
    If it means anything WWE acknowledged Owen Hart on either their main or network IG acct on his birthday IIRC, which is rare. He's been inducted into the PWHF and Tragos/Thesz HOF already (which I was glad for).

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk is a business man like every other independent contractor. If anyone shows up at his house with a big enough dumptruck full of money, he'll sign.

The question is why hasn't the Kahn family sent a big enough one yet? You want to make waves? There is no bigger wave to make than that one. And if you fuck around and let WWE bring him back in then there won't be another such opportunity for a long time.
    Completely agree with your point on Punk as a business man.

You have to wonder if AEW is asking themselves if for all that money, Punk doesn't bring too much baggage. AEW seems to have a very good dynamic, and drama has followed Punk around. He was, and is, one of my favorite performers. But if you listen to the man's interviews, he excuses himself as being an asshole a lot. Doesn't necessarily extend the same benefit to other people. And he kind of did throw Cody under the bus. He's certainly worth having. But I'm not sure he's the guy you bet the farm on financially.

it certainly would make a splash tho. I guess, for a start-up company, you're assessing how many of the waves you want to deal with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, and no offense to CM Punk, but if he's not going to wrestle, what's he going to do for any company?

The dude can only go out and cut promos and talk shit about WWE for so long before nobody cares anymore. Right?

Unless he's thinking about wrestling again. Then, yeah, back a Brinks truck full of money up to his front porch. Fill his vault like he's Scrooge McDuck and bring him in.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is in a great position. Doesn't need money and there are two companies who would love to have him to keep him away from the other. He holds all the cards.

I am torn about what I want to happen.

Is it better that he comes to AEW and gives them a massive boost? There is no doubt it would be huge in terms of the impact in the business. It would show AEW can attract top guys over WWE. It could lead in another surge of interest and start really putting AEW on the map.

On the other hand, imagine him as a surprise in the Rumble, winning it, going over HHH (you know that would be one of his conditions) then winning the title at Mania. And then you get the dream matches, Joe, AJ, Bryan, Owens, Rollins etc. Would be awesome.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Also, and no offense to CM Punk, but if he's not going to wrestle, what's he going to do for any company?

The dude can only go out and cut promos and talk shit about WWE for so long before nobody cares anymore. Right?

Unless he's thinking about wrestling again. Then, yeah, back a Brinks truck full of money up to his front porch. Fill his vault like he's Scrooge McDuck and bring him in.
    Manager, GM, commentator... there are loads of things he could do.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something along the lines of GM or commentator could probably work better. The worry of having him come back and manage someone at ringside is he could draw most of the heat towardshim and not who he's managing.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could, but I think that would wear over time. I do think Punk was/is a generous performer who lets others shine on camera.

On the other hand, I guess we could even go back to a time where Bobby the Brain Heenan stalked the earth. He was such a charismatic presence that it often wasn't a problem that he was more over than his stables.

For the half cent my two cents is worth: Punk seemed to have all the symptoms of pretty textbook burnout when he left. Lots of people who walk away and get recharged end up eventually having a desire to return to something they used to be good at. There's a comfort and desire to remeasure oneself that can manifest.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    He could, but I think that would wear over time. I do think Punk was/is a generous performer who lets others shine on camera.

On the other hand, I guess we could even go back to a time where Bobby the Brain Heenan stalked the earth. He was such a charismatic presence that it often wasn't a problem that he was more over than his stables.

For the half cent my two cents is worth: Punk seemed to have all the symptoms of pretty textbook burnout when he left. Lots of people who walk away and get recharged end up eventually having a desire to return to something they used to be good at. There's a comfort and desire to remeasure oneself that can manifest.
    I don’t think he would intentionally draw heat for himself if he returned and they paired him up with someone and maybe it could wear out over time. However he’s such a massive missed presence that I fear fans would just ignore whoever he’s paired up with. Fans still chant his name when he’s been long gone and it would likely intensify if he returned. Heenan had the advantage of not being a physical threat but just being such a great slimy chickenshit heel that fans wanted to see his arse kicked. Punk’s not quite the same and circumstances would be different.

Maybe there could be an eventual rub, but I think a better chance for success without unintentionally hurting others is if Punk had a solo role if he returned.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk showed up on Backstage tonight. Looks like he's on board in some capacity for that show. He said he'd be back next week but social media announced he'll be on periodically.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 13th, 2019 at 1:18 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Punk vs. Brock 2 at WrestleMania. Punk vs. Bryan. Punk vs. a petulant crybaby heel Rollins.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s employed by Fox, not WWE. Let’s not get too excited.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Punk is smart enough to get the heat he needs to get that big bag of money. He will be at mania.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Punk vs. Brock 2 at WrestleMania. Punk vs. Bryan. Punk vs. a petulant crybaby heel Rollins.
    You will get Punk vs Corbin and you will like it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't think this is a step in the right direction?

Easiest way to build a feud is to have a special guest pick a fight with him or talk him into coming back for a match. They could do this for 4 months leading to a match at mania. simple

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post

Easiest way to build a feud is to have a special guest pick a fight with him or talk him into coming back for a match. They could do this for 4 months leading to a match at mania. simple
    This was a two or three-step process and the first step has now been executed. The ball is in WWE's court now.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post

Step in the right direction? Sure.

I just don't want to give my hopes up.

I'd love a match at Mania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misguidedly, things are just going to get escalated now because Survivor Series weekend is in Chicago.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, WWE has acknowledged and posted on their website: https://www.wwe.com/article/cm-punk-...-wwe-backstage

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care if he comes back to have a match. I'd be fine with some interaction with people he's never interacted with. IDC if that's on Raw, Backstage, NXT, as a backstage correspondent at a big ppv. He's no doubt one of my favorites so I'm glad to see him back in wrestling in any form.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I don't care if he comes back to have a match. I'd be fine with some interaction with people he's never interacted with. IDC if that's on Raw, Backstage, NXT, as a backstage correspondent at a big ppv. He's no doubt one of my favorites so I'm glad to see him back in wrestling in any form.
    Agreed.

But I'm fully expecting a Miz/DB style confrontation with someone to set up an amazing feud, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Challenge accepted. I'll be back with a convincing argument.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk/HHH on NXT.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk/HHH on NXT.
    But at what point does Kevin Nash join NXT?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    But at what point does Kevin Nash join NXT?
    When HHH sends him a TXT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit the weights! get a clue!