Thread: The Only Thread that Matters...for the OC that is

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Only Thread that Matters...for the OC that is

"The Original, The Official and The Only Club that Matters"

It's hard to believe that it's taken over 3 yrs. for AJ, Gallows, and Anderson to form a more permanent alliance. Their first paring in the Summer of 2016 was short lived. Since then, they've occasionally crossed paths, but it's always been a one off. The 3 compliment each other so well, it's about time we saw what they can do as a stable. Now, I don't expect this pairing to be long term like the New Day, but I think it will last at least a year, year and half before they split up again. That's more than enough time to make an impact. So throw up your hands for a wolf kiss and let's discuss what they can accomplish moving forward.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're going to be prominently featured for at least the next year. Creative has been trying to make heel trios a thing (pick your group of McIntyre, Ziggler, Lashley, Corbin and any other heel that's been in a main-event storyline). This is a group that plays higher because Styles is already established as a big star within the roster. I'd be surprised if Styles wasn't the Universal champion at some point over the next year. I imagine Gallows and Anderson will be champs or heavy for Styles when he's in a feud. Again, he's a star within the roster so they'll get plenty of TV time by association, even if they're not the tag champs.

This is working under the presumption that suggestions that main roster talent will go to NXT once the inevitable move to FS1 comes into play. I'm not saying that's a good or bad idea, but it's just a built-in trope to use. I would presume a group like The OC would be impactful for that because they would be completely fresh to the NXT audience because none of the current group was in NXT. All of the guys currently in The OC are paid and locked into deals so they can't see this as a demotion of sorts and WWE has to worry about that when it comes to a new deal for them in the immediate future. I think putting these guys on NXT to run roughshod will create a buzz and put eyeballs on NXT. The small seed was planted during the Reunion when AJ muttered that he'd go to NXT to take out HBK when they ultimately ran The OC off. They take guys out and then Undisputed Era tries to protect their ground because they say they are NXT and if you're messing with NXT, you're messing with them. Seems like strong back and forth and Bálor eventually comes into the fray but it's left ambiguous initially who he's siding with: NXT as his first home, or his good brothers. He eventually sides with The OC, creating more of a heel turn because he's turned his back on NXT (that's a stretch, but that's the story they'll tell). You work a feud between those two factions. That builds legitimacy for NXT on FS1, gives The OC an even bigger push, and they can be strong after that's all done and they move back to stories on the main roster.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of the name or the idea behind it but outside of that they're fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BG mav, Like the overall idea. I think these guys are all talented, and it does give lots of different options with others being involved, or what you can do in the future. If WWE wants to eventually (further down the road, and assuming at least greater than TNA/IMPACT levels of success for AEW) fire shots back at AEW by taking some of their folks, pointing to strong utilization for a group like this doesn't hurt.

But yes, the name is not good. Much too early 2000s Mischa Barton. I put those times behind me.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love stables, or factions if you will. This one is so easy to tap into that it makes no sense to not have done it more often already.

I'm just happy for Gallows and Anderson though. AJ was already a made guy and didn't need any help getting screen time but the good brothers benefit a ton by association with the phenomenal one.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw in nakamura, balor and Io Sharai and that will be just pudding.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balor turning heel to join them would be fantastic. He should do that on his return.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Not a fan of the name or the idea behind it but outside of that they're fucking awesome.
    It could be worse. It could be the Only Club Experience.....That Matters.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not too high on Gallows, just something about him, but love Anderson and Styles. I'd love it for another group to completely overtake the WWE and just dominate. Like an nWo type group but with far less people in the stable, or like Nexus but with talented people. I hope that's what the OC becomes. Just add Balor, Nakamura, hell make it a group of frustrated talent and have them wreck house.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Not too high on Gallows, just something about him, but love Anderson and Styles. I'd love it for another group to completely overtake the WWE and just dominate. Like an nWo type group but with far less people in the stable, or like Nexus but with talented people. I hope that's what the OC becomes. Just add Balor, Nakamura, hell make it a group of frustrated talent and have them wreck house.
    I feel the other way as regards to Gallows and Anderson. I suppose Anderson is the better worker but Gallows has more personality and presence.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking along the same lines. We haven't had a medium sized stable for a long time. It's usually just 3 guys which is the bare minimum. 5 or 6 max would be a good roster. I agree with bringing Balor into the fold. Creative doesn't seem like they can figure out what to do with him on his own. Having the Demon in their back pocket would be a good get for the OC.

I almost want to add Sami too, but I don't know if his nonconformist character would fit or not.

Gallows is a good big man, but they might need a little more muscle. I'm tempted to go with Joe as the enforcer.

If we added a woman to the mix, I'd actually go with Liv Morgan. I don't think they need someone who's amazing in the ring, just someone with a good character/look. She could even change her hair to half red and half black.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami would be a great fit. He's wrestled all over the world for years and has experience. Also he hates the fans and he joins a club who also hates the fans, wouldn't affect his non-conformist look at all.

I think Liv's too wet behind the ears to be in the club. I'd go with Natalya if they ever decided to bring a woman in.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would hate it if they brought in Nattie.

If it's anyone it should be current heel Io Shirai.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I would hate it if they brought in Nattie.

If it's anyone it should be current heel Io Shirai.
    Shirai's a good shout. I used Nattie as an example primarily for her experience but given the right motivation and to get pissed off with everything (like when they had her fart, play crazy cat lady plus disrespect by Becky) I think Nattie could work if they had her be more serious.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just think Nattie is the most overrated women's wrestler they've ever had. She's serviceable in the ring, but her character work has been horrible and she hasn't really had much semblance of a character other than I am a Hart.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think Nattie is the most overrated women's wrestler they've ever had. She's serviceable in the ring, but her character work has been horrible and she hasn't really had much semblance of a character other than I am a Hart.
    She's been given some shit comedy crap to work with to be fair. I agree she's not the best but fits the vets status.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't think Nattie's the most overrated, certainly not by WWE anyway. She can work and talk fine otherwise. The non-Hart character gimmicks she has been saddled with have been comedy crap.

I honestly think it's Charlotte. Don't get me wrong, really good worker but pushed to the forefront on her lineage far moreso than Nattie and she's horrible as a face. She's also been given more to sink more her teeth into than Nattie. I was really bored of Charlotte's shtick before her time off recently and she hasn't been through the same shit and crap Nattie has.
    Last edited by Badger; August 17th, 2019 at 1:03 AM.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Absolutely no amens here! How'd we get back to Nattie? I had to laugh when I came in here and saw this sort of being carried over from whatever thread we were talking about her before. I'll reiterate that a ass kicking member of the Hart family, when used right, can be good for the product. They dropped the ball with her long ago. I still liked the idea of a crazy cat lady like mth brought up. Let her bring a new cat out every town. Let her have crazy looking rich people cats. Give her something to do that can help her outside the ring (not farting). Then let her be a ass kicking Hart inside the ring. Definatley not the most overrated female though. I don't think she gets her just due because she's a good hand that can be plugged into wherever they need her.

Io Shirai would be a great fit to fight alongside AJ and pals.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly why the OC needs to exist

https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/...75329476841472

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Balor turning heel to join them would be fantastic. He should do that on his return.
    I've wanted this for awhile. Hope that the draft thing coming up makes this possible with all four on RAW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely like the idea of Finn Balor returning as a heel AND part of this group. Could quite possibly go down as one of the best stables in WWE history. Those are 4 incredible talents.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    This is exactly why the OC needs to exist

https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/...75329476841472
    Shocking no one, the episode of them playing Mario Kart was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I definitely like the idea of Finn Balor returning as a heel AND part of this group. Could quite possibly go down as one of the best stables in WWE history. Those are 4 incredible talents.
    It’s easy money. The timeline for it playing out works very well, too.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would assume Balor's returning to get revenge on the Fiend as The Demon. Of course, you could easily make that a catalyst by having The Fiend hand The Demon his first main roster loss which causes the heel turn and alliance with The OC...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I would assume Balor's returning to get revenge on the Fiend as The Demon. Of course, you could easily make that a catalyst by having The Fiend hand The Demon his first main roster loss which causes the heel turn and alliance with The OC...
    I think that would all work. But I could see that the story has ended between Balor and Wyatt and maybe down the road we get Demon v. Fiend.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also took it, mainly because of the fact he took time off, that the pairing of The Fiend and Bálor was an easy out to give him the time off. I thought it worked and that can be an open and shut feud for the time being. Honestly, I'm more interested in the idea of Bálor with The OC rather than The Fiend versus The Demon and it's not even close.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to be fair, if Demon vs. Fiend is the next logical step, it's certainly not unheard of for them to NOT take the logical next step.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    And to be fair, if Demon vs. Fiend is the next logical step, it's certainly not unheard of for them to NOT take the logical next step.
    I honestly didn’t project that as the next logical step, probably due to my bias for the other option.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balor just hasn't had much direction on his own. Joining the OC would go a long way towards re-establishing him. Finn can always turn face later and get sympathy if the OC kicks him out.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finn's like the old Harlem Globetrotters cartoon at the moment. Beaten down at half time when they're playing normal but when they bust out their powers in the second half (ie he busts out the Demon like the Globetrotters bust out their powers in the second half) they become invincible.

Finn going heel phasing out the Demon for the time being saying he is more than that would probably be good for him instead of being all cheesy smiles when he's non-Demon. If he turns face again in the future then bust the Demon back out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen the full version up on YouTube yet, but here's a sample of the OC's new entrance theme.