Thread: Were You Offended?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were You Offended?

Were You Offended.....?

It's a question we have asked ourselves, other fans, even our parents when it comes to what is on WWE programming.

So what were some moments in wrestling that were deemed offensive that actually offended you? Or maybe it was a moment that offended others and you never understood WHY.

Did the Muhammad Hassan angle on Smackdown that killed his career offend you? How about the McMahon "death" via limo explosion? Mae Young's hand? Stone Cold altering a bible passage?

You know why I started this thread? Because last Monday I was on Facebook, reading wrestling fans bitch and moan that the WWE did a 10-bell salute for the victims of the Dayton and El Paso shootings. Some were hot because they didn't do it for Harley Race-even though Harley got a 5 minute segment-they still felt it was too "political" of the WWE to do what they did. I call bullshit and it wasn't the 1st time the WWE have done a 10 bell for victims. But these "fans" were so offended.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of those examples are comedy. Hassan angle can be considered offensive especially his exit with the guys in ski masks right before the London bombings happened but the man himself was face really. He pushed not to be judged by his background and was part-American yet the sheep ate it up.Sgt Slaughter being an Iraqi sympathiser and wrestler's deaths being used for storyline
    Last edited by Badger; August 12th, 2019 at 2:03 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Most of those examples are comedy. Hassan angle can be considered offensive especially his exit with the guys in ski masks right when the London bombings happened but the man himself was face really. He pushed not to be judged by his background and was part-American yet the sheep ate it up.Sgt Slaughter being an Iraqi sympathiser and wrestler's deaths being used for storyline
    I disagree that MOST of the random examples were comedic angles. Austin 3:16=comedy?

But you're getting it. Like I said, it might not be angles that you were offended by, it could even be angles that you question why someone would be offended. For example, why would you be offended by a wrestler's death being used in a storyline? *Not saying I'm NOT offended by that stuff, just asking in general*

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've never been offended by anything the WWE has done.

Hassan shit has been done in movies, TV shows, etc. since 9/11, what makes wrestling any different? Poorly timed angle though with the Undertaker stuff, by it's not like WWE has the ability to predict the future.

McMahon limo explosion was great, I would have loved to have seen what the story would have been going forward.

Mae Young's hand? Hilarious stuff.

Austin? Not religious, didn't offend me the slightest, still think it's the coolest slogan/catchphrase of all time.

Fans bitch and moan no matter what happens. CM Punk and Dean Ambrose could return on the same night and give each other hand jobs and people would still complain.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I disagree that MOST of the random examples were comedic angles. Austin 3:16=comedy?

But you're getting it. Like I said, it might not be angles that you were offended by, it could even be angles that you question why someone would be offended. For example, why would you be offended by a wrestler's death being used in a storyline? *Not saying I'm NOT offended by that stuff, just asking in general*
    Austin 3:16 was amusing to me but I agree yes not what they usually consider comedy. It's definitely not offensive though, hell DVDA probably loved the hell out of it.

Things like Eddie's death being subtly used to try and push Rey while getting Orton heat was just nae need. He was on his way to the top regardless. Natalya having to invoke Neidhart, Charlotte's brother's death being used to try and spice up the feud with Paige was stupid and out of left field.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin 3:16 was amusing to me but I agree yes not what they usually consider comedy. It's definitely not offensive though, hell DVDA probably loved the hell out of it.

Things like Eddie's death being subtly used to try and push Rey while getting Orton heat was just nae need. He was on his way to the top regardless. Natalya having to invoke Neidhart, Charlotte's brother's death being used to try and spice up the feud with Paige was stupid and out of left field.
    People like DVDA were probably those offended by him using Austin 3:16.

*Side bar to others, you don't need to respond to the examples I gave unless you want to.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People like DVDA were probably those offended by him using Austin 3:16.

*Side bar to others, you don't need to respond to the examples I gave unless you want to.
    I think he would be more outspoken about it on here if he was.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I guess I was offended when they booked Lesnar to beat Strowman in Saudi Arabia.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I guess I was offended when they booked Lesnar to beat Strowman in Saudi Arabia.
    Strowman not being champion by now is offensive in itself.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he would be more outspoken about it on here if he was.
    Who knows, maybe back in 1996 he was lol.

Bagel
    Nothing about wrestling offends me. Maybe sometimes it bores me or disappoints me. It's like going to a circus, if you keep going but don't enjoy it, maybe you're the one who's the clown.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trips dressed as Kane literally fucking Katie Vick's brains out. Not sure if "offended" is exactly the right word but it was probably one of the times I questioned my fandom the most.
    Last edited by mth; August 12th, 2019 at 4:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was offended not only when they used Reid Flair's death for an angle, but how they handled the fallout. Ric and Reid's Mother said they weren't contacted for permission, but then later Ric changed his statement and says he was asked for permission. Sounded like he either didn't want Charlotte to take the blame and get heat from fans or was pressured to do so for the same reason. The whole situation put a bad taste in my mouth.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m offended by Kofi Kingston’s title reign. Storyline wise he has done nothing deserving of being WWE champion and to make it worse he has “completely dominated” everyone

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
    I’m offended by Kofi Kingston’s title reign. Storyline wise he has done nothing deserving of being WWE champion and to make it worse he has “completely dominated” everyone
    He was an Ali back-up but he fucking ran with it and had in my list a top 5 Mania match with Bryan. Also he has not "completely dominated", case in point, Joe had Kofi 95% of the match but Kofi pulled it out. Dolph/Kofi cage match, Dolph dominated but Kofi outsmarted him. Plus he didn't dominate Orton either.

Lot of critcisms you can levy against WWE, but their build-up and handling of Kofi isn't one of them.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am not a fan of putting children in danger. A thing Orton/Kofi maybe leading too. Necrophilia HHH was just stupid and not stupid funny. Why Kane got jobbed out in that feud while Hunter was the weak part made zero sense. Honestly, HBK was right all of Fall of 2002 Raw was offensive for wrestling fans.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I am not a fan of putting children in danger. A thing Orton/Kofi maybe leading too. Necrophilia HHH was just stupid and not stupid funny. Why Kane got jobbed out in that feud while Hunter was the weak part made zero sense. Honestly, HBK was right all of Fall of 2002 Raw was offensive for wrestling fans.
    Oh shit they may have Orton punt his son, oh nooooos!

It was classic heel Orton, nothing more.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Very little offends me whether it is in my entertainment, the political world, and everything in between.

At the end of the day, I believe that the majority of the things that "offends" people, does not actually effect their day to day lives. There are of course exceptions, but to me, if it does not effect your day to day life, then when you spend the amount of time and energy being offended and letting it dominate your mind, it is just time and energy that you have taken away from doing things for yourself, bettering yourself etc.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The segment that made me feel the ickiest was Katie Vick.

My mother of course happened into the room while that was on. Just sort of got this grossed out look on her face and said something like "We're a long way from Marty Jannetty". She always liked Marty Jannetty. I could tell she was a bit mortified but she always tried to encourage the things I enjoyed. I'm sure she wondered about her parental choices then.

My father took exception to Pillman pulling a gun on Austin. "So this is wrestling now?" was all he really said as he left the room.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be worse. Could’ve walked in when Mae Young’s baps were out.

As bad as the Katie Vick angle, HHH in a Kane mask dry humping a mannequin does not get old on re-watching.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same sort of thing goes for Boss Man towing Show’s dead dad behind him. It really should be offensive but the sight is too fucking funny.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I was offended not only when they used Reid Flair's death for an angle, but how they handled the fallout. Ric and Reid's Mother said they weren't contacted for permission, but then later Ric changed his statement and says he was asked for permission. Sounded like he either didn't want Charlotte to take the blame and get heat from fans or was pressured to do so for the same reason. The whole situation put a bad taste in my mouth.
    Yeah this one stands out. I was appalled that they did this and without running it past the family.

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone cringe when they played that bullet/ricochet sound effect before Ricochet comes out on the same night they tolled the bell for victims of gun violence?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What bothered me was that they did it because Paige was getting cheered over Charlotte and they wanted super cheap heat. Even if it was approved by Reid's ghost I still would have been like, really? Now, on the flipside, if Charlotte was feuding with a heel that was actually getting booed, I might have let it slide. Still, it wasn't necessary regardless of who would have said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post

My mother of course happened into the room while that was on. Just sort of got this grossed out look on her face and said something like "We're a long way from Marty Jannetty". She always liked Marty Jannetty. I could tell she was a bit mortified but she always tried to encourage the things I enjoyed. I'm sure she wondered about her parental choices then.

My father took exception to Pillman pulling a gun on Austin. "So this is wrestling now?" was all he really said as he left the room.
    Your mom was in love with Marty? So was mine lol. And my mom is a reserved black woman so it was kind of odd until I saw pics of my dad from the 70's and he had long brown hair too lol (plus he's white).

I love your dad's comment. My parents used to say shit like "I liked it better back in the day, when it was real" I'm like, how fuckin far back were you watching to consider it an era of reality lol, 1921? My mom would be like "Rufus R Jones and Superstar Graham were real wrestlers" The fuck?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What bothered me was that they did it because Paige was getting cheered over Charlotte and they wanted super cheap heat. Even if it was approved by Reid's ghost I still would have been like, really? Now, on the flipside, if Charlotte was feuding with a heel that was actually getting booed, I might have let it slide. Still, it wasn't necessary regardless of who would have said it.
    And what's sad is that Paige was still getting cheered afterwards. It was only a month or two later that Charlotte turned heel, so the whole thing was unnecessary on so many levels.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what's sad is that Paige was still getting cheered afterwards. It was only a month or two later that Charlotte turned heel, so the whole thing was unnecessary on so many levels.
    And it's hard to pull the "Well they do it on tv shows" card because we don't really get scripted tv shows that break the 4th wall and shit on an actor's real life deceased brother. Sometimes I do pull that card, but then it just depends on the segment. Because the WWE are trying to cater to a gigantic demographic i.e. everyone from 0-100. So you can't really go "Oh well look @ Walking Dead" Yeah, they're not catering to 10 year olds.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Your mom was in love with Marty? So was mine lol. And my mom is a reserved black woman so it was kind of odd until I saw pics of my dad from the 70's and he had long brown hair too lol (plus he's white).

I love your dad's comment. My parents used to say shit like "I liked it better back in the day, when it was real" I'm like, how fuckin far back were you watching to consider it an era of reality lol, 1921? My mom would be like "Rufus R Jones and Superstar Graham were real wrestlers" The fuck?
    My mother adorrred Marty. If wrestling comes up she still asks about him. She very much was into Davy Jones from The Monkees, David Cassidy and Lief Garrett to mention a few "heart throbs" she grew up on. I think Marty Jannetty was the closest thing to that in the WWF at the time and that's why she gravitated to him. It was sort of funny to see Marty do The New Rockers with Al Snow because she was not a fan of Al doing Lief Cassidy. I remember her complaining they could have got someone "cuter" to portray someone who was a take on 70s heart throbs. I remember even having to sit through the VH1 special on Lief Garrett so I could "appreciate" her point of view. My mother is still a character.

My dad is weird because he never really watched wrestling before me. I think he enjoyed people like Bobby Heenan and Jerry Lawler's early commentary with Vince McMahon. His favorite wrestler was Bastion Booger. He thought Bastion was good for some laughs. He was not a fan of WWF Attitude and the edgier product. Unless it was the women. Hated guns being drawn on people or Goldust giving Ahmed mouth to mouth but if Sunny is on TV in the tub talking about how Raw the product is, well that is fine.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That segment where Vince humiliated Trish Stratus and made her bark like a dog was pretty bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kurt Angle "Beastiality Sex" comment

and when The Muppets guest hosted RAW

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really get offended by much. Things like Katie Vick, maybe the most outlandish thing they did- but who is the victim- maybe "good taste" but its a fictional story line but who cares.

The only things I find borderline offensive are when real life figures are brought into things, especially the deceased. Like maybe the riot squad dissing Jim Neidhardt post-death, but at the same time, I can only assume Nattie and family 100% signed off on it so if they are fine with it (and something tells me Jim Neidhardt would love being part of an angle from the beyond, especially since Nattie did get her revenge in that story).

Or something like Dean or Corbin saying shit about Roman's cancer. But again I'm guessing it all 100% had Roman's blessing, so if he is fine then I don't care.

Actually there was one thing that WAS offensive- Triple H's blatant racism angle to Booker T, and then not even getting comeuppance. I know it was a story (and again, I'm sure blessings were given by all involved) - but that stuff just shines too real. I can laugh at the absurdity of other things, but just held no entertainment factor at all for me.
    Last edited by TheWrestler; August 14th, 2019 at 8:40 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about the Booker T storyline. That was appalling all round, the concept, the storyline, the match and the execution. Dreadful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it wouldn't have even been that bad if Triple H lost. I think that's what ultimately hurts that whole story is that the black guy lost.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And with the slowest 3 count in Wrestlemania history.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    IHonestly, HBK was right all of Fall of 2002 Raw was offensive for wrestling fans.
    Most of what I think of that would come close to being quantified as "offended" seems to fall in that range. I'm not asking for it to be banned, or that it has no place on TV. Most of it the problem stuff seems cheap, and makes you feel that they are not confident in putting on a high quality show.

My mother of course happened into the room while that was on. Just sort of got this grossed out look on her face and said something like "We're a long way from Marty Jannetty". She always liked Marty Jannetty. I

This is fantastic. For the next several weeks, whenever I want to criticize the current product-I will be quoting your Mom. Look for a lot of "we've come a long way from Marty Jannetty" references.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    That segment where Vince humiliated Trish Stratus and made her bark like a dog was pretty bad.
    That's more of the stuff that comes closed to offensive. And some of it is more embarrassing to me than anything else. Like when they were doing the Diva searches. If anyone was ever over, it was hard to justify.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Marty is the man! Fun fact that sometimes, when backyard wrestling with friends, I'd use the name Jarrod Jannetty. It's got a good ring to it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    And with the slowest 3 count in Wrestlemania history.
    And after a single pedigree and H taking about an hour to make the cover.

Every man, woman and child watching that expected Booker to kick out. And then he didn't. Brutal.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do you think that at the time Triple H and Booker T thought the angle was racist? I'd hope that the thought process behind "People like you" meant "People from WCW". Or perhaps it was referring to Booker T's criminal past. I just can't wrap my heard around it if it's not any of those explanations.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think that at the time Triple H and Booker T thought the angle was racist? I'd hope that the thought process behind "People like you" meant "People from WCW". Or perhaps it was referring to Booker T's criminal past. I just can't wrap my heard around it if it's not any of those explanations.
    I think they knew they were purposely walking a line. They knew the angle could be perceived as "the white man holding down a black man" or a more popular wrestler who accomplished more (triple H) than his opponent from the company that lost the MNW (Booker T). Or even a well off dude his whole life v. a guy who struggled from the streets, which that in itself doesn't have shit to do with race (ever see Karate Kid?)

So imo, those involved were definitely trying to shock people, WWE were having an Attitude Era overdose at this time where they were trying too hard to be over the top and "edgy". It was a combo of all 3 things that I mentioned. It's not like Triple H hasn't performed in blackface lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was "nappy hair" too. It was definitely meant to be racist.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There's so many times that Triple H came out on top when he shouldn't have. The dude was a heel that was booked like how a face should, always winning in the end.

Speaking of Triple H and offensive, imagine if they ran the "drugged Stephanie and married her" angle today?

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Kurt Angle "Beastiality Sex" comment

and when The Muppets guest hosted RAW
    Seems like halfway through your post you thought you were in the Greatest Things in RAW History thread...

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Muppets are always great no matter where they pop up. Muppet Babies? Even better!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muppets are always great no matter where they pop up. Muppet Babies? Even better!
    Star Wars Muppet Babies=ultra better

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame they never did Muppet Fetuses.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Star Wars Muppet Babies=ultra better
    No argument here. One of the best episodes!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No argument here. One of the best episodes!
    When my oldest daughter (who's now 14) was like 2 I found the VHS of the episode at my mom's from when I was a little kid. She watched it religiously for like 2 years lol.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had one VHS when I was a kid but not sure where that ended up. I have a few boxes of tapes still but it's not there. My sister could have stole it off me. She's a stinker. I found a few episodes on YouTube about a year ago I watched with my older kids but they weren't too interested. Looking forward to watching all this over again in a couple years when our baby gets to be that age. Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Fraggle Rock, He-Man, original Turtles and Ghostbusters I already have on DVD. Just waiting to break them out!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the Muppet Babies but it always weirds me out that suddenly, when they flash back in time to when they were infants, Scooter has a sister. Named Skeeter.

Because outside of that one show there is no Skeeter. Which means she died at some point before the Muppet Show.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skeeter returned in the 2010 comics...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Skeeter returned in the 2010 comics...
    Oh thank God.

So I guess she just didn't care for the entertainment industry then? I mean I get it. It's not for everyone.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're dead on about Skeeter. Just sort of disappeared like the middle child in Family Matters. I don't know much about the comics. What has Skeeter been up to? This picture above looks like she could be in Muppet College or something with the bag, pillars and brick wall.

No more Nanny either. You'd think that she would have come up in conversation too. Unless I missed it somewhere along the way.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has become the best thread ever.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I believe Lil Jon sang a song about this...

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anything in this world makes me as illogical happy as The Muppets.

I could watch a weekly, hour long Swedish Chef Cooking Show and never get bored.
    Last edited by JP; August 20th, 2019 at 5:38 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I love the Muppets. Also, HHH was totally a racist in that feud with Booker T.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time the WWE were met with backlash from something they put on t.v.? I don't necessarily mean by fans but the "mainstream".

Seemed like during the late 90's you couldn't go 2 weeks without some parent group causing a ruckus lol.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983

They were disgusted.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    They were disgusted.
    Not enough to tell me to shut it off though. Deep down they know how much I loved the weird world of pro wrestling. The only thing my dad ever shut off on me was in Bulletproof when Wayans puts the gun in Sandler's asshole. Hadn't seen him leap off the couch so fast ever.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time the WWE were met with backlash from something they put on t.v.? I don't necessarily mean by fans but the "mainstream".

Seemed like during the late 90's you couldn't go 2 weeks without some parent group causing a ruckus lol.

Several years back, during a Rock return, there was some mainstream media coverage about how the WWE portrayed women.

The Fabulous Moolah battle royal got some.

None of that was hardly an absolutely ruckus. Guys like Randy Orton are probably lucky there was less social media when they were rookies.

You're right about the 90s. The PTC (Parent's Television Council) was all over the place about the WWE back then.

but you're right, nothing close to the PTC st

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Several years back, during a Rock return, there was some mainstream media coverage about how the WWE portrayed women.

The Fabulous Moolah battle royal got some.

None of that was hardly an absolutely ruckus. Guys like Randy Orton are probably lucky there was less social media when they were rookies.

You're right about the 90s. The PTC (Parent's Television Council) was all over the place about the WWE back then.

but you're right, nothing close to the PTC st
    Lol if the mainstream ever got wind of ribs in pro wrestling....holy shit

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE got some 'mainstream' heat for doing that overseas show a while back, but it was mostly contained to a John Oliver/HBO monologue and if you blinked you missed it.

WWE's been pretty good at pushing the positives to the mainstream for the last decade (plus a few years). The Cena Make-A-Wish tally, Reigns' cancer battle, the Cena/Bella proposal (along with most anything ancillary to Total Divas/Bellas), Tributes To the Troops, the synergy with the Komen Foundation, even the sympathetic press at the time of Ultimate Warrior's passing.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mexicools driving lawn mowers to the ring.. doesnt bother me but a few hispanic friends hated it

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stuff with Nattie and her Father is starting to offend me. I was fine when it was a one off thing, but Sasha telling her to "Go to hell, and tell your daddy I said hi" was a bit much. Shades of Orton's Eddie promo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stuff with Nattie and her Father is starting to offend me. I was fine when it was a one off thing, but Sasha telling her to "Go to hell, and tell your daddy I said hi" was a bit much. Shades of Orton's Eddie promo.
    Yeah I don't get it other than we're reliving the Paige-Charlotte angle where Paige was lightyears more popular than Charlotte so while she's supposed to be getting booed, they are cheering the fuck out of her so she drops the dead brother comment. Which backfired and just pissed fans off.

So here you have Sasha, who as I stated before was getting chants in Toronto of "THANK YOU SASHA" for beating up Nattie while talking about her dad.....They're trying to get the massive heat on Sasha but the majority of the audience is just too smartened up for that shit. Nattie is someone fans have a lot fo respect for in terms of where she comes from and what she does in the ring but that's it. She's about as interesting as Lance Storm's run in WWE.

If I were the WWE I would for ditch Banks-Natalya and just stick to Banks-Becky Lynch. Nattie has no real purpose in this as she's just making it more difficult for Sasha to get over as a heel against the Man.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand your pov but as someone who feels completely justified in speaking for the dead, I'm sure Jim loves still being a part of the business.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Using dead people to get over is the height of cheap heat. Hated it when they did it with Eddie not a fan of it now. It's shock jock bullshit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I can understand your pov but as someone who feels completely justified in speaking for the dead, I'm sure Jim loves still being a part of the business.
    Lol

Stu called Vince from Hell and said heyyyy uhhhh you got anything for the rhino?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Stu called Vince from Hell and said heyyyy uhhhh you got anything for the rhino?
    Big uhhhh zombie rhino bastard. He uhhhh goddammit he's in great shape Vince uhhhh.