User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WWE SummerSlam - August 11th 2019

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two best parts of this show were definitely conceived from a couple of single-line throwaway questions uttered at Titan Towers earlier in the year.

"How cool would Ziggler selling a Goldberg spear look?"

and

"Bray, what can you come up with that will scare the absolute piss out of little kids?"

Intercontinental Champion TooCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray Wyatt will be fun to watch in the meantime until he starts jobbing to Reigns, Lesnar, Strowman, etc again.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeebus…
    Jeebus X10

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is match of the night

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Rollins as main event superface has been badass

Fuck Bray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay, the ending was a surprise.. the story to get there wasn't... you take down the monster not by one big hit, but by invoking "the thousand cuts" method..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELL GOT DAMN. I AM SHOCKED AND I AM GLAD

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a match

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank god for that result that match was great you can tell how emotional that was for Seth

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Bray Wyatt will be fun to watch in the meantime until he starts jobbing to Reigns, Lesnar, Strowman, etc again.
    Hopefully he goes through a million tables on his way down...

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This show felt pretty meh overall. Some of the matches I expected to deliver barely hit the mark. Goldberg/Ziggler was a good segment, though, and Charlotte/Trish and Lesnar/Rollins were both strong highlights that felt like they were on the wrong card. Oh, and Bray's redebut was wonderful. Everything else didn't quite hit the highs you would hope for from a SummerSlam card. Having Kofi/Orton end like that was a terrible move.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Goldberg is so fucking awesome. Very glad that ugly old undertaker wasn't around to make everything suck ass.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a pretty good show overall. I'm really happy Seth went over clean, him beating Lesnar twice solidifies him as top guy.

Wasn't really into Kofi vs. Randy and I'm ready for Kofi to lose the belt. Hopefully not to Orton though.

Like I said I loved the Bray match, I think the new gimmick is awesome.

Becky/Natalya and Charlotte/Trish were both good. Didn't really need the Bayley/Ember match on the show.

Weird to have a Summerslam without Reigns and Bryan on the card but I'm cool with the show only being about 3.5 hours.

Does anybody see an obvious next challenger for Seth? Bray went over strong but I hope they don't rush him into the main event. Maybe Drew? They could do AJ again and that can lead to some form of The Club vs. The Shield.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    How long until they give up on this gimmick now? 6 months?
    I don’t even think they can mess this one up.

fiend vs demon would be awesome for Mania. The question is, who goes over? That is probably their biggest money match they have between current wrestlers.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d give the show a solid B, B+. Some of that felt underwhelming in some ways but really did well in a lot of other ways. They were smart to trim the fat on Raw and Smackdown with some of the matches that could have been on the card played out on those episodes or just shelved for the time being. If they were on the card tonight, it would have been bloated. Very interested to see how the title picture shakes out for Raw after tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post

fiend vs demon would be awesome for Mania. The question is, who goes over? That is probably their biggest money match they have between current wrestlers.
    This was from mid-July
    will we finally see Bray Wyatt tonight? I think it's about time he shows up before the hype wears off.

I have a feeling they are only holding off because they have no clue what to do with him
    i think it’s safe to say they’ve done the job to win you over by this point.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the ppv put me to sleep again as usual.

What happened after Goldberg delivered the 69th spear on Ziggler?

Next thing I saw/heard was Cole screaming "Rollins this Rollins that"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    So the ppv put me to sleep again as usual.

What happened after Goldberg delivered the 69th spear on Ziggler?

Next thing I saw/heard was Cole screaming "Rollins this Rollins that"
    Do you always fall asleep while watching WWE? Drink some coffee you dang pansy.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hes old leave him alone.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I thought this was going to be a WM deal with a near 5 hour main after a two hour pre but not even a 3 1/2 hour show?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Just now tuning in.

Soooo...

Did fucking EDGE do something? Did I fucking miss EDGE?

And why the fuck is Becky on this early?
    He speared Elias which isn't much but I thought he couldn't be cleared to even do that tbh.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Sorta saw Seth winning when no titles changed hands and Bray won. While SummerSlam has been at times a heel PPV, I don't think they wanted to have Trish, Finn and whatever the fuck that ending was in Kofi/Orto on top of another Brock squash main event to send the crowd home with. I hope this is the end of Lesnar in the title picture. I'd rather Joe, AJ, Ricochet and others get a shot.

The Rosk
    Seth/Lesnar was immense. Great match IMO.

Bit confused over bringing back the neck snap as a move. That literally kills people in every other form of media. What are we meant to believe happens here? Fiend looked fantastic though.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Please don't mess up the Fiend.

What a way to bring him in though? Looked like a beast right off the bat

Bagel
    I really enjoyed this show. Fewer low points than I anticipated. Skipped out on the Bayley match, though I do enjoy watching both of them. Something needed to be the break for me. Goldberg-Ziggler delivered even though you know it was going to be short, a highly entertaining segment. Weird not having Roman, Braun, Bryan or Joe a part of the card and I thought this would hurt the overall show but still a good card from start to finish. Get your standard cruiserweights match reserved for the pre-show.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    When Fiend came out with that 'head lamp' for lack of better term, It reminded me of something but couldn't think what, It's just clicked...

Loved his 'debut' hope they keep it up.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hope it leads to the Fiend vs. the Demon at something like Survivor Series, only with the Demon coming up short.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a feeling Dolph/Berg had a HHH/Warrior feel to it before it started.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fiend has to go over 100%. Finn only trots out the Demon once in a blue moon. He can handle the lose since most of the time he just wrestles as himself. From what we've seen, Bray will only wrestle as the Fiend, so he can't lose to a novelty gimmick like the Demon.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    The Fiend has to go over 100%. Finn only trots out the Demon once in a blue moon. He can handle the lose since most of the time he just wrestles as himself. From what we've seen, Bray will only wrestle as the Fiend, so he can't lose to a novelty gimmick like the Demon.

I think it would be fantastic if Bray was just an evil version of Finn, he can wrestle as Firefly Funhouse Bray most of the time, then come out as the Fiend for really big matches.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valid points for the Fiend, but still think it'll be the Demon given his winning streak and their stop-start history with pushing Bray and I feel this may be similar to the feud they were trying to do before Bray got the mumps. I'd love to be wrong though as Bray vanquishing the Demon would be great.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It’s late, I’m tired and I’ll post more tomorrow.

Stayed away from spoilers all day, have read nothing in this thread and just finished SummerSlam. What a fucking excellent show.

Seeing that has cheered me right up. Fucking top notch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Charlotte/Trish was obviously booked to hide Trish's weakness but still delivered. I think the match went 16-17 minutes total which is 10 minutes longer than any match from Trish's era. For Trish to pull that off while not wrestling regularly AND being a few months from being 44 years old is something she should be proud of. Trish was never the wrestler or athlete the women today are but she sells and bumps with the best of them, every time she landed on her face I though she broke her nose or lost a tooth and that back bump off the apron looked painful. It annoyed me how Trish kept her shoulders on the mat during the Figure 4 but the whole sequence into the figure 4/8 was awesome for 2 reasons, 1 it's always cool to see someone steal someones finisher and 2 it went with the story of how Trish's era paved the way for Charlotte because before the figure 8 there was the Ma-Trish move. Anyway, I'm done sucking Trish's dick.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She does look manly.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late to the party 'cuz we were on vacation but some quick thoughts:

Becky/Nattie was solid enough. Ziggler/Goldberg stuff was highly amusing. Ricochet's Nightwing gear was dope as hell and the match with AJ was really fun, though still not at the level I think they're capable of. Bayley/Ember was another solid bout. Skipped Shane/KO. Trish/Charlotte absolutely delivered as a dream match. Skipped Kofi/Orton. THE FIEND my god that was dope as all hell. They've done it, they've got me back into Wyatt after totally killing my fandom. Please, don't fuck it up again. And finally, Seth/Brock was what their Mania match should have been, much better showing. I had the result spoiled going in, though, but still pleased to see it happen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Do you always fall asleep while watching WWE? Drink some coffee you dang pansy.
    Yeah, pretty much lol.. pain messes up my sleeping really awfully, so when I crash, I crash regardless of time of day.

I did watch the whole show again early this morning about 4-7:30

Odd watching the entire show alone without others to distract you and talk to during the Dead parts, of which it is amazing how much of the actual live event is simply the same repackaged packages, repetitive entrances and posing in the ring as opposed to real live action in the ring.

So as for the event itself, it was the usual mixed bag of good and bad.

Becky and Natty, eh. Becky bores me to death. Tell us again how you're on the same level as Hogan and Austin, Becky. Maybe we'll believe you by the millionth time we hear it (should be next week sometime by my count...) Or maybe work at actually cinching in that Sharpshooter as 'good' (poorly?) as The Rock does next time.

The other Women's matches, well I went to the bathroom during Bayley and the woman with the fake eyes, whatever.

Trish and Charlotte, great match, which surprised me as I couldn't give a crap about it heading in. Good in ring storytelling. I loved when Trish used the Figre-8 on Charlotte, which just showed the difference between putting another wrestler's hold on properly, as opposed to Becky applying the Sharpshitter.... Good to see Charlotte get treated like she deserves for a change instead of playing second fiddle to a bunch of jabronis like Bailey and Becky Lynch.

The Mens matches, I liked Styles vs Rick O'Shea as I'm sure most did. Loved when Rick O'Shea ranked Anderson and Gallows' shoulders before flipping Styles in the
    'hurricanranna'. Great athleticism and good storytelling all match there.

Kofi-Orton, fail. Im over Orton as a Top Contender. And, I am quite over anorexic Kofi the B+ player as WWE champion.

And I'm quite over the Friend Bray Wyatt

Kvin Owens bat Shane McMahon? Rally? No way!
    Ratherr average match.
    Have you noticed since Shane became a bad guy he doesn't do any more flippy shit?

Goldberg beating Ziggler was funny. In a weird and sad way. Great way to push Ziggler. Sad....
    'He's here to tell the world
    He's to tell the world.....
    HE SUCKS'

Hard to figure out....

Well the main event. The times they are 'achangin' as Dylan once sang because I shoulda seen this coming last week when Rollins "guaranteed' his victory. I thought it an odd statement at the time because of the loss of credibility that might be involved, even in wrestling wher all sorts of words and angles are forgotten and forgiven. Bout in this day of recording everything, word accountability is at an all-time high, so when making statements like that which one can be held accountable for then forever and be ruined in a moment. But as always, with history as my guide, I picked Lesner to win....

And you know, I wish I had not known Rollins had won beforehand because it would've made watching him win that much more enjoyable ; that moment of surprise.. This was a much better match (of course) than Wrestlemania, but other factors such as surprise, intensity etc may make some of you prefer the first match and I can see why that would be, but this was so much better.

It seemed that when the match ended (and when Seth came out to start RAW tonight as well) he was finally at a new level as champion, perhaps accepted AS Beastsleyer?
    Its one thing to kick the Best in the balls and steal his title; it's quite another to beat him fair and square in the middle of ing without the aid of any low blows.

Rollins has some serious momentum for the first time since the night he returned from the injury that forced him to Relinquish the WWE Championship.

Being the guy who ran over his buddy Roman Reigns would be a great way to move things along Imo.
    Last edited by NWo4LifeOr2Years; August 13th, 2019 at 3:16 AM. Reason: My spelling stunks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh one more thing I forgot but couldn't help miss to on this card:

Q. What's brown and the biggest thing in the WWE Universe?

A. Mber's Moon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No one cares, dipshit.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    It’s late, I’m tired and I’ll post more tomorrow.

Stayed away from spoilers all day, have read nothing in this thread and just finished SummerSlam. What a fucking excellent show.

Seeing that has cheered me right up. Fucking top notch.
    I overplayed it slightly because I bloody loved the main event, but it was still a fine show, overall.

Main event and Charlotte/Trish were excellent and totally exceeded expectations. I also really enjoyed Becky and Nattie and bloody, bloody loved Goldberg and Dolph.

AJ and Ricochet was decent, Bayley and Ember felt a little flat, but it was ok. Randy and Kofi was kinda just there.

Loved The Fiend.

And how refreshing was it that the main show only clocked in at 3hrs 25?

Massive thumbs up. Expectations were very low going in.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Highlights...
    The Fiend is everything.
    Charlotte vs. Trish was really good, always here for The Queen.
    Goldberg/Dolph was hilarious. I could have watched that all night.
    Seth!! YAYYYY! FINALLY!
    AJ & Ricochet were AMAZING! Ricochet's outfit was incredible!
    9/10

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a good show. I was high on the opener, Styles-Ricochet, the Fiend-Balor match, and Charlotte/Trish. I also noticed, not 1 tag-team match other than the last minute women's tag title match on the pre-show so that was a little different. I was also glad Goldberg-Dolph was booked the way it was. Beautiful spear the first time.

I wasn't high on the Orton-Kofi finish. Especially the post-match where even the live crowd was like.....what the fuck is Kofi doing? Bayley-Moon kind of dragged.

All in all a solid Summerslam.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the theme song a bit too heavy for "The Fiend" I dunno I think it needed to be a bit more sinister loved his entrance though just music was a bit off for me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Diamond View Post
    I found the theme song a bit too heavy for "The Fiend" I dunno I think it needed to be a bit more sinister loved his entrance though just music was a bit off for me.
    i don't know how much more sinister it could get.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just too much rock I think it just needs to be more slower to fit the character?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just too much rock I think it just needs to be more slower to fit the character?
    you mean like the old firefly theme song that he had with the Wyatt Family? i think it was meant to be more fast paced.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched his old entrance last night in comparison to this new one. This new one definitely resonates more and I think is just more interesting from a production standpoint. I think the Wyatt Family theme was cool but the ambiance was what made the entrance after you got familiar to the song. The cell phone lights really enhanced the entrance. With this one, you get a SAnitY vibe to it with the camera kind of panning and then the handheld spotlights flickering when he gets in the ring. It works.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The look of him walking down with the hood and the quick glimpses of his mask standing out in the dark is great.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved everything about the entrance but the music for me didn't really go with it I felt it could've been a bit more sombre.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved everything about the entrance but the music for me didn't really go with it I felt it could've been a bit more sombre.
    But you are literally describing his old theme music.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somber and entrance music doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Slow is fine but somber just for the sake of being somber doesn't seem to correlate with the general premise of entrance music.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably being a bit fussy sorry I'm sure it'll grow on me suppose its a bit different to what I'm used to for darker/monstrous gimmicks I prefer it slower and a bit creepy sounding that's all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Ratings
    Lorcan vs. Gulak: 2.75
    Murphy vs. Crews: 1.75
    Bliss and Cross vs. The IIconics: 1.0
    Lynch vs. Natalya: 3.25
    Goldberg vs. Ziggler: 3.0
    Styles vs. Ricochet: 3.0
    Bayley vs. Moon: 1.75
    McMahon vs. Owens: 2.0
    Flair vs. Stratus: 3.25
    Kingston vs. Orton: 2.5
    Fiend vs. Bálor: 2.0
    Rollins vs. Lesnar: 4.25

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer has a real hard on for Goldberg. He says nothing but positive things about him in his podcasts with Alvarez. He even went so far as to say he should have beaten Taker.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What are the stars actually rating? In ring work? Entertainment? Or all of the above?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What are the stars actually rating? In ring work? Entertainment? Or all of the above?
    I don't think there really is a template. He gives some matches more than 5 stars. And he literally stated on twitter he grades matches on a curve because a 3 star match in Japan is probably a 4 star match in the states

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing Meltzer it's all of the above BUT he's definitely an in-ring work first guy. Which is why his 3 star rating for Goldberg-Ziggler is baffling to me so that must have been one of those "the match wasn't special in-ring wise but the overall segment was cool"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Knowing Meltzer it's all of the above BUT he's definitely an in-ring work first guy. Which is why his 3 star rating for Goldberg-Ziggler is baffling to me so that must have been one of those "the match wasn't special in-ring wise but the overall segment was cool"
    see that's what is weird to me. is there anyone that really thought that segment was better than the fiend segment and yet that got a star higher of a rating

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoy squash matches, I think they are fun, but the Fiend match was a lot better than Goldberg/Ziggler. I'd have those ratings reversed, actually.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see that's what is weird to me. is there anyone that really thought that segment was better than the fiend segment and yet that got a star higher of a rating
    Exactly. Fiend-Balor was awesome. All Goldberg and Ziggler did were 5 moves, 3 of which were the same (spear).

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if talent reads the star ratings and then are like "Fuck I only got a 1? I must suck"

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Exactly. Fiend-Balor was awesome. All Goldberg and Ziggler did were 5 moves, 3 of which were the same (spear).
    I would also say that even though Styles/Ricochet was a bit underwhelming it definitely was not the same rating as Goldberg/Ziggler

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldberg is definitely on Meltzer's good side. He says nothing but good things about him on the show he does with Alvarez. I am not sure what their interactions have been like in the past but there is something there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if talent reads the star ratings and then are like "Fuck I only got a 1? I must suck"
    I mean, the WWE even adopted the star rating in their video games so it's not like they don't respect that a large % of fans themselves will do star ratings on matches. I mean, we might not follow Meltzer's lead, but people have been rating performances of all types for centuries.

I would imagine if Shawn Michaels saw his match with Bret was only a 3 star he might be like "Fuck that guy" but if it was a 5 star he'd be like "Yeah he knows a good match when he sees one" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I would also say that even though Styles/Ricochet was a bit underwhelming it definitely was not the same rating as Goldberg/Ziggler
    IMO it was the best match on the card. If Rollins v. Lesnar was 4.25, Styles/Ricochet should be a 5 star.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Styles vs Ricochet should be having much better matches than they have been. They don't seem to get it to the next gear

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if the curse of respect or expectation is hindering Styles and in this case Ricochet. They hyped it as a dream match between Nakamura and Styles and that didn't make sense for casual fans but it did for the hardcore fans. They tore it up in NJPW and had the opportunity to do so at Mania but that was more of a match to build to a story progression after. Okay, that's fine. Problem is, the matches after weren't anything of a special magnitude. Kind of the same to a lesser degree with Joe. That's basically happened again with Ricochet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Styles best matches on the main roster have been with Cena and Reigns. Both true WWE guys which is interesting

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Styles best matches on the main roster have been with Cena and Reigns. Both true WWE guys which is interesting
    I get your general point, but I recommend you rewatch MITB with Rollins. FWIW, Meltzer gave it a 4.5.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Styles vs Ricochet should be having much better matches than they have been. They don't seem to get it to the next gear
    The Cedric/Drew series has been surprisingly better than AJ/Ricochet. The Roman/Buddy match was also better. I think it comes down to booking. They went for a slower match at SummerSlam with AJ working the leg, but let the other guys just tear it up.
    Last edited by Sasori; August 15th, 2019 at 1:58 PM.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Cedric/Drew series has been surprisingly better than AJ/Ricochet. The Roman/Buddy match was also better.
    I gotta watch Roman/Buddy, all accounts say it is easily the best WWE TV match this year

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cedric/Drew series has been surprisingly better than AJ/Ricochet. The Roman/Buddy match was also better.
    agree on both fronts. I think both of those matches would've been matches of the night at summerslam. At least on par with Brock/Seth for me

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like AJ is set to feud with Braun, so expect 6 star matches

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe for a week. I viewed this as leading to Strowman and Rollins. Styles challenged Strowman to a match Monday. Maybe it leads to a beat down by the O.C. and Rollins and Ricochet come out for the save, mainly because Rollins is returning the favor from the week previous. You get a six-man, The O.C. win by some nature and then you splinter to Rollins and Strowman.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    It'll just be a one off I think.

It would be 10 stars in the Tokyo Dome

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Either way, at least he's doing something meaningful instead of grunting at Maria.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 of 2 things are going to happen. Braun's finally winning the belt which would make Lesnar's reign imo completely worthless, same goes for Seth's 2 reigns since Mania. Or they're going to have Seth beat another super monster.

Personally, I want Strowman as champion but having Seth drop it so soon, even if it were October, to another face......Maybe Seth turns heel? Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just going to say, that I would not come out and save the guy who eliminated me last in the Royal Rumble. Braun's a fucking idiot.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Edge on the E&C podcast, creative talked to Edge less than half an hour before the preshow started and asked him if he wanted to cut a promo. They eventually figured out what to ultimately do with him and Edge presumed that Elias had to create a song in order to create the entry point for Edge. Crazy to think that all came together that quickly. He commented on the spear, citing he usually does his own stunts for the shows he does, which has included a spear. He knows what his limitations are and he spoke a doctor and their diagnosis was that his neck could be in a better state in about five years. He said he thought he could do a match the very next day. He was proud of the fact he never blew up during a match but he knows he'd probably blow up in that scenario of one more match but he knows WWE medical won't clear him.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Per Edge on the E&C podcast, creative talked to Edge less than half an hour before the preshow started and asked him if he wanted to cut a promo. They eventually figured out what to ultimately do with him and Edge presumed that Elias had to create a song in order to create the entry point for Edge. Crazy to think that all came together that quickly. He commented on the spear, citing he usually does his own stunts for the shows he does, which has included a spear. He knows what his limitations are and he spoke a doctor and their diagnosis was that his neck could be in a better state in about five years. He said he thought he could do a match the very next day. He was proud of the fact he never blew up during a match but he knows he'd probably blow up in that scenario of one more match but he knows WWE medical won't clear him.
    He has eveey right to be proud. As tragic as it is seeing his career cut short, great on him realising his limitations and being sensible. He can still be a big part of the company without wrestling, cameos like with Elias without being risked physically too much are just fine.

On another note, can't wait for the next season of their show that reeks of awesomeness. Binge-watched the second season and loved it. I mean Pete Gas mentoring them on how to act in Greenwich also reeks of awesomeness. Plus their constant taking the piss out of Dreamer.