Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,618 of 1618

Thread: Rajah Fantasy Football 2019/20

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I've already taken ownership of it. There's nothing more to discuss really.
    I'm not sure that I agree about either of those things.

You said that it may have been you, or it may have been Mikey and that it was something that you did together. Not Alex is saying that the edit (which only a small number of people get privvy to do) was made when you were all home alone, which means that it was likely definitively you, although I haven't seen any ownership over that. The consequence is a little secondary here. If I was taking steroids to get jacked and impress the chicks, but a by product of that was that I also became the world 100 metre record holder, I wouldn't be able to get out of the 'cheating' scandal by saying that my intention was not the end result.

I would also say that the punishment is something that should be discussed too. I'm not comfortable with the idea of the person who was caught cheating (or however we want to present this) is also the one that sets his own punishment. That would move this from silly high jinx of making a alteration as a 'jokey' fuck you to me, or to gain an advantage down the line for yourself (or for whatever whacky reason it was) to FIFA levels of cover-up style corruption.

Is that who we want to be? Should I be expecting an offer of hush money?

I'm not saying that I disagree with your self-imposed punishment, I just think that it's totally wrong that you should be the one who decides on it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    micronesia
    Isn't this "game" supposed to be fun? Certainly more of a hassle than something which is meant to be enjoyable.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d agree. I’m not sure that cheating is really in the spirit of fun though.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not sure that I agree about either of those things.

You said that it may have been you, or it may have been Mikey and that it was something that you did together. Not Alex is saying that the edit (which only a small number of people get privvy to do) was made when you were all home alone, which means that it was likely definitively you, although I haven't seen any ownership over that. The consequence is a little secondary here. If I was taking steroids to get jacked and impress the chicks, but a by product of that was that I also became the world 100 metre record holder, I wouldn't be able to get out of the 'cheating' scandal by saying that my intention was not the end result.

I would also say that the punishment is something that should be discussed too. I'm not comfortable with the idea of the person who was caught cheating (or however we want to present this) is also the one that sets his own punishment. That would move this from silly high jinx of making a alteration as a 'jokey' fuck you to me, or to gain an advantage down the line for yourself (or for whatever whacky reason it was) to FIFA levels of cover-up style corruption.

Is that who we want to be? Should I be expecting an offer of hush money?

I'm not saying that I disagree with your self-imposed punishment, I just think that it's totally wrong that you should be the one who decides on it.
    Ok well in which case I officially take ownership of it. The punishment can be decided by whoever whenever. Sorted.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. So by me, now, then?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm sure you want to discuss it first

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see, sorted from the perspective of you involvement in it you meant?

Very good. Let’s get this Kangaroo Court up and running then.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want nothing to do with itm if you want to give a punishment go for it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    micronesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I’d agree. I’m not sure that cheating is really in the spirit of fun though.
    Cheating when logged in as yourself, I don't think so myself. You're taking a lot more interest in this than you ever did in the season, barely changing your team even when prompted by others.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Jim sucking up to get a PPG outcome. Despicable.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    The context for what I posted is that UK Blue was effectively making signings for Peter Griffin when PG was playing teams that UK Blue would've benefitted from losing. It's something that happens all the time between various teams and it was meant to demonstrate that everyone has probably done something in the history of this game that subverted, bent or broke the rules, even UK Blue and his holier than thou attitude.
    It shouldn't happen all the time. And if you know its happening all the time in a game you run you should do something about it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboWay6 View Post
    Cheating when logged in as yourself, I don't think so myself. You're taking a lot more interest in this than you ever did in the season, barely changing your team even when prompted by others.
    Do you want to offer a suggestion for what happened then?

Making an advantageous change to one of your own results months after the matter, against a team unlikely to notice. It seems pretty damming, it would be a pretty big coincidence if not, but as part of this process I’d be interested to hear an alternative that doesn’t sound like cheating.

The rest of your post is irrelevant. Do you go around asking the families of crime why they are so interested in the criminal justice system? Victim blaming hater. What are your motivations here?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pass the punishment.

The game is over.

I have banged on for years about "shenanigans" ruining the game. It absolutely does and always did for me, when someone was trying to do anything dodgy I always found it to be pretty disrespectful to me. (as much as cheating in a game could be relatively).

20 years I ran this game and not once did I cheat because the integrity of the game was the thing that kept it all together. Won fuck all in that time, would have been really easy for me to do so but what would the point of that be?

If the person running the game is now cheating too then seriously, what is the point? It's absolutely worthless.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I'll pass the punishment.

The game is over.

I have banged on for years about "shenanigans" ruining the game. It absolutely does and always did for me, when someone was trying to do anything dodgy I always found it to be pretty disrespectful to me. (as much as cheating in a game could be relatively).

20 years I ran this game and not once did I cheat because the integrity of the game was the thing that kept it all together. Won fuck all in that time, would have been really easy for me to do so but what would the point of that be?

If the person running the game is now cheating too then seriously, what is the point? It's absolutely worthless.
    See you next season.

Simon
    So what's the craic with the rest of the season?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NULL & VOID

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I still think I could of won it.