User Tag List

Thread: Shane McMahon

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shane McMahon

Is he being used too much at the expense of others lately or is this very thing what makea him so effective as a heel?

What's your guys take on him at the moment?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm all about some Shane McMahon. I think the dude likes being on of the guys. I just hope that all of this stuff has a great payoff.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane works best as a troll. The 'best in the world' one would have been better accepted had he not been built as a God beforehand. Hate him as a face. The issues I have with him as a heel currently are a fallout from that really

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Shane works best as a troll. The 'best in the world' one would have been better accepted had he not been built as a God beforehand. Hate him as a face. The issues I have with him as a heel currently are a fallout from that really
    I hqve some issue with the time he has on the shows, but at the same time he's really good at it. I do like him as a troll and also agree it'd be more heelish much fun as it is now if he wasn't being made to look Supermanish beforehand.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane is a good promo and he can be fun in the ring. However I do feel they are over using him. He should be a special attraction type that only does one program a year for a few months.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Welcome to rajah. I hope you enjoy your stay! Great first post!

Bagel
    I was not big on the idea of a Shane push, but in terms of who they've surrounded him with, I think it does more than if it were just Lashley, Drew and Corbin together. Add in Shane (and Elias) to support these guys and it makes sense, it does something. I've bought into it more in the last month or two and it has potential to keep going for awhile.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    I was not big on the idea of a Shane push, but in terms of who they've surrounded him with, I think it does more than if it were just Lashley, Drew and Corbin together. Add in Shane (and Elias) to support these guys and it makes sense, it does something. I've bought into it more in the last month or two and it has potential to keep going for awhile.
    The way Miz/Shane was built, Miz should have got that ultimate win but Shane outsmarted him at every turn. The great thing about Austin/Vince was there was back and forth with them one-upping each other but Shane here has got the better of Miz nearly each and every time with his buddies.

Shane is doing a good job as heel right now but the come-uppance needs to happen soon and not drag on too long. KO could be the man to give it to him.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane only wants to be treated the same way Steph got treated - Vince rarely lets his kids get their deserved come-uppance.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Shane only wants to be treated the same way Steph got treated - Vince rarely lets his kids get their deserved come-uppance.
    See, I think Shane usually did get his ass whipped and lose quite a bit. This time around is different. As long as it elevates the person who does give him his comeuppance then I'm cool with what they've done.

I actually thought I would hate the turn, I felt Miz as a heel was working just fine but now I'm like, shit, Shane McMahon is a cock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving him since he turned heel. I think he's wrestling too much though, it should be a longer path to the babyface getting through all Shane's minions and finally getting him in the ring rather than him wrestling every month.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Loving him since he turned heel. I think he's wrestling too much though, it should be a longer path to the babyface getting through all Shane's minions and finally getting him in the ring rather than him wrestling every month.
    It is pretty nuts how often Shane is wrestling now and taking highnrisks when really he should be slowing down.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it's not like he's wrestling house shows. And he wasn't a 20+ year veteran wrestling all the time. So I think he can afford, physically, to do what he's doing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but he's older. There's a case by case basis that comes into play but pretty much all older wrestlers (or athletes, in general) say it's much harder to get going or hit where you want to go in terms of activity/stamina and etc when you're older. It's a big deal for recovery when you're older. He just might be extremely lucky/fortunate that he takes these big bumps as an older guy and is able to keep coming back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    True, but he's older. There's a case by case basis that comes into play but pretty much all older wrestlers (or athletes, in general) say it's much harder to get going or hit where you want to go in terms of activity/stamina and etc when you're older. It's a big deal for recovery when you're older. He just might be extremely lucky/fortunate that he takes these big bumps as an older guy and is able to keep coming back.
    Oh yeah but I'm just saying....If you're comparing someone like Shane with someone like Goldust, there's a big difference in their careers and why one would be more prone to the negatives you pointed out. By Shane not wrestling even 30 matches in his entire lifetime, compared to wrestlers who have 1000+ matches under their belt, I think that's the only reason the guy can be as active as he is. Which isn't a lot.

He's definitely in good shape for a guy pushing 50.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh he's in good shape for his age no denying that and he hasn't worked week in week out like yoir average guy. Still don't think it's a particularly good idea for him to be wrestling more regularly now considering his current age and high risk style. He can still be an effective douchebag heel while saving himself for less frequent but important matches. Have his flunkies do the heavy lifting while he directs traffic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Oh he's in good shape for his age no denying that and he hasn't worked week in week out like yoir average guy. Still don't think it's a particularly good idea for him to be wrestling more regularly now considering his current age and high risk style. He can still be an effective douchebag heel while saving himself for less frequent but important matches. Have his flunkies do the heavy lifting while he directs traffic.
    As long as he's not diving off 50ft scaffolds every other month he should live to be 55 lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    As long as he's not diving off 50ft scaffolds every other month he should live to be 55 lol.
    It's not just the age and risks though, I think he would be even more effective as a douche if he didn't wrestle so often now. Like a prize fighter "best in the world" type who only mixes it up with those he deems worthy.

Basically like Lesnar except without hogging the title.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No talent should be on every single RAW & SmackDown...
    Shane McMahon is only on SmackDown this week, and that's a massive improvement...

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    No talent should be on every single RAW & SmackDown...
    Shane McMahon is only on SmackDown this week, and that's a massive improvement...
    Actually I think top talent should be on every Raw and Smackdown every week since the brand split is pointless and not just the same five people under the shitty "wild card" umbrella. Shane could be a dickish presence on both shows without having to wrestle as often.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Actually I think top talent should be on every Raw and Smackdown every week since the brand split is pointless and not just the same five people under the shitty "wild card" umbrella. Shane could be a dickish presence on both shows without having to wrestle as often.
    If you think talent like Asuka, Ember Moon, Finn Balor and Nakamura have trouble getting on camera now, this would effectively crush them...

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    If you think talent like Asuka, Ember Moon, Finn Balor and Nakamura have trouble getting on camera now, this would effectively crush them...
    The "wild card" rule is crushing them right now as it is. Either split the brands completely which they won't do because Networks want certain guys on both shows or merge them for good and unfortunately that will result in cuts. It's a bloated roster so some would no doubt be dropped. I think your examples will be fine in the long run even if not featured every week if they can manage a rotation.

The current solution is not working as far as the week to week shows go though the PPVs lately on the whole have been solid. I think there does need to be some "spring cleaning" involved not involving who you've mentioned.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trained seals ( the fans) have been told (I.e. Conditioned) that Shane is stealing the 'superstars' time, so just as everybody's favorite destroying beast was turned by McMahon on tv and not the fans into the blight who is holding up our precious Universal Title (Lesner), you can rest assured that .Shane shall now be The Time Bandit.