Thread: Women's Universal/WWE Champions

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women's Universal/WWE Champions

The title of the thread says it all.

Why aren't the top Lady's Championship title holders referred to, like the Men's as 'Universal Champion' for the title holder with the red belt on RAW, as well as the blue belt being called the 'WWE Women's Champion'.

It seemed to me as odd and downright inconsistent the second they revealed the RAW Women's Championship (belt) several years ago, but I've gotten used to it until this recent double championship match with Rollins/Lynch vs Corbin/Evans has brought the incongruence back to the forefront as Cole says the names of the belts up for grabs over and over and over each episode leading up to the ppv

Doesn't the WWE have QA folks to check this stuff out for consistency and how it sounds?

And, what could be their possible reason for NOT naming the Women's belts the same lofty names as the .Men's titles?

Has anybody ever heard this mentioned before?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    What in the blue hell are you on about.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFS

Twitter is the place for the blue checkmark club and the fake outrage over issues that are immediately made bigger than they have to be.

Go there with this bullshit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it, it would be more uniform to have a Women’s universal champion instead of the Raw and SD Women’s champions but I don’t think anyone cares that much.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of history. They didn't want to lose the name of the World Heavyweight title. So, they didn't want to change the name when it went to Smackdown. It was also name recognition for the Smackdown championship belt, so they probably didn't want to rebrand. When Raw was introduced they probably didn't want to call the belt RAW, because that would actually set up a tendency for people to refer to the other belt as "the Smackdown title",which would have diluted the significance of having the historied belt there.

We also have the history for US and Intercontinental tiles, so the branding is significant.

But yes, it does lead to some incongruities. Feel like its fairly easy to follow, when there is a working brand split.

So, some quality control issues, but maybe not the worst ever.

You know who does have the worst Quality Control? Captain Crunch.

Every damn year, he's knocking into that control that dumps all the berries. One time is an accident captain, this is a fucking pattern. Crunch Quality control needs to add a failsafe to that lever stat.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

You know who does have the worst Quality Control? Captain Crunch.

Every damn year, he's knocking into that control that dumps all the berries. One time is an accident captain, this is a fucking pattern. Crunch Quality control needs to add a failsafe to that lever stat.
    That rotten bastard!

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    The title of the thread says it all.

Why aren't the top Lady's Championship title holders referred to, like the Men's as 'Universal Champion' for the title holder with the red belt on RAW, as well as the blue belt being called the 'WWE Women's Champion'.

It seemed to me as odd and downright inconsistent the second they revealed the RAW Women's Championship (belt) several years ago, but I've gotten used to it until this recent double championship match with Rollins/Lynch vs Corbin/Evans has brought the incongruence back to the forefront as Cole says the names of the belts up for grabs over and over and over each episode leading up to the ppv

Doesn't the WWE have QA folks to check this stuff out for consistency and how it sounds?

And, what could be their possible reason for NOT naming the Women's belts the same lofty names as the .Men's titles?

Has anybody ever heard this mentioned before?
    Because the women's division is a restricted division. Women can (theoretically) compete for all titles. Men can't compete for titles designated to women wrestlers.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought the real problem was that the men's belts weren't call the RAW Champion and the SmackDown Champion. The women's belts are the ones I think are actually properly named.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    FFS

Twitter is the place for the blue checkmark club and the fake outrage over issues that are immediately made bigger than they have to be.

Go there with this bullshit.
    yes because as I lay here in screaming agony hoping against hope I might just recover after this back operation that I can get into a bed let alone out of one to even do anything but nothing.

I swear fucking people need to stop judging others.

I was just making a freaking odservation on how inconsistent the WWE is.

now I will leave you to discuss the deeper matters of professional wrestling.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I always thought the real problem was that the men's belts weren't call the RAW Champion and the SmackDown Champion. The women's belts are the ones I think are actually properly named.
    Plus Universal is a shit name too.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    yes because as I lay here in screaming agony hoping against hope I might just recover after this back operation that I can get into a bed let alone out of one to even do anything but nothing.

I swear fucking people need to stop judging others.

I was just making a freaking odservation on how inconsistent the WWE is.

now I will leave you to discuss the deeper matters of professional wrestling.
    While that sucks about your back, I’m not sure what that “sentence” (loosely speaking) has anything to do with the rest of your response to my annoyance.

My annoyance of a response to you, which was based on how that start of the thread, certainly comes off as pandering about gender equality just as the USWNT are going on about equal pay. Which I have no issue with, what I do have an issue with is the Twitter world and blue check mark brigade hopping on as if they are the most enlightened people in the world, while also clearly showing they have no idea what a collective bargaining agreement is. But I digress....

So yeah, you came off as a vapid pandering sheep over a topic which is so trivial that virtually nobody had bothered to talk about, because it doesn’t matter. They still call it a Divas title, then fine, I’m on board. Because they are called Women’s championships on the brand they are “supposed” to be defended on, then nah. I think it is a stupid, useless observation, and I have no problem saying so.
    Last edited by Caito; July 13th, 2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: my grammar was atrocious

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: opinion

2: your opinion is trivial and dumb

1: oh yea? well my back hurts

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essentially.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Plus Universal is a shit name too.
    It's silly. They split the belts then they unify the belts then they split them and unify them only to split them again by making a new one with a silly name. Something like that. Just have a RAW and SmackDown Champion, otherwise you have this one guy that's supposedly the champion of the company and another guy that's champion of the universe. Meanwhile, you've got women's champions that actually make sense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You mean champion of the WWE Universe.

The Salaminizer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My issue with title naming is over in NXT. Including both US and UK brands, they have 7 titles between them, all of which are called the "NXT" titles of whatever, except the UK world title. That's the only one that has "WWE" before it instead of "NXT".

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    It's silly. They split the belts then they unify the belts then they split them and unify them only to split them again by making a new one with a silly name. Something like that. Just have a RAW and SmackDown Champion, otherwise you have this one guy that's supposedly the champion of the company and another guy that's champion of the universe. Meanwhile, you've got women's champions that actually make sense.
    Misguided attempt to make their titles stand out plus they call their fans the WWE universe. Why not just normal terms like WWE fans instead of making it like space camp?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBF, that title was created before the NXT UK brand was a thing, so that is probably easy enough to look over.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBF, that title was created before the NXT UK brand was a thing, so that is probably easy enough to look over.
    True, but history-wise and kayfabe-wise the main title with Raw being the flagship show. The lineage is still associated and Universal is terrible.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misguided attempt to make their titles stand out plus they call their fans the WWE universe. Why not just normal terms like WWE fans instead of making it like space camp?
    I don't really have a problem with being called the WWE Universe as a collective entity as it feels like it's including the fans as part of the whole enterprise. Pretty sure other franchises have fans with a name, too.
    True, but history-wise and kayfabe-wise the main title with Raw being the flagship show. The lineage is still associated and Universal is terrible.
    He was talking about the WWE UK Championship...

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, my comment was in response to Goratrix. You post hadn't come up between me seeing it and me hitting reply.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, my comment was in response to Goratrix. You post hadn't come up between me seeing it and me hitting reply.

No probs

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell. @mth @Cewsh, @Pablo Diablo, @Version 6 please just close this before we all get migraines.
    Last edited by Badger; July 14th, 2019 at 9:32 AM.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean..... That is your response?

Get your back right dude, first and foremost and if you are going to have a healthy debate, you gotta grow up.

Badger is right. Close this thread. It is officially worthless.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell you what. My initial response to your "observation", i'll admit was out of frustration over something else that parallels that post. So as for healthy debate, yeah I didn't start that off right. Everything after that though..... damn man/woman/kid (I have no idea what you are) you never even gave it a chance I would've been willing to give you.

So yeah, i'm done with this "conversation".

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it to PM please cos this is making my heid hurt and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not closing the thread just because people can’t be adults.

If the insults continue I will give infractions. Move on.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    I’m not closing the thread just because people can’t be adults.

If the insults continue I will give infractions. Move on.
    It's a pretty silly pernickety thread in the first place over how titles aren't named equally then it descended, into this. However fair enough if you guys want to wait til it continues before taking action. Felt I should flag it up either way because it's gotten stupid.