Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 239 JONES V. SANTOS/NUNES V. HOLM JULY 6TH, 2019

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super excited for this card. Everything about it screams "stellar". Jon Jones fighting another name on the rise, Thiago Santos. Not to be confused with LHW OG Thiago Silva. I see Jones taking this one, but crazy shit happens when you fight guys that are not as well known as the champ. Holm looks to regain the title against Nunes who, if she beats Holm, will be without a shadow of the doubt the GOAT of WMMA. She took out all the top women, with almost virtual ease. Seriously...She smoked Rousey, Tate, and Cyborg in under what, 3 minutes total? Fuck.

Then we have the rest of the main card.

I'm pulling for Masvidal in his quest to silence Ben Askren. I hate to admit that I feel Ben is going to win on some wrasslin grapplin tip but you never know with a veteran like Jorge. I want this man to serve a 3 piece and a soda on Askren so bad.

Rockhold makes his return to the cage against Blachowicz. Meh. Rockhold is a geek. But he's a solid fighter for sure.

Diego Sanchez v. Michael Chiesa. Could be a war. Check that. Will be a war. I see Diego getting the win. If not, it won't be without taking some blood.

Undercard has Gilbert Melendez, and a WMMA fight with Claudia Smokin Hot Gadelha v. Rnada Always Super Hot Markos. 2 of the top women at SW going to put on a show for sure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santos is probably one of the biggest punchers Jones has fought, but we know that Jones isn’t chinny. I just don’t see Santos having the tools to bear him outside of a punchers chance in the first round.

If Nunes bears Holm she has taken out not only all the women to ever own the title, but also the champions in the divisions around her. Hard to argue that she’s the best of all time. However, it shows how good Bullet is that she arguably won both of their fights and is clearly naturally much lighter. I think this might be a great matchup of styles with the counter puncher vs the come forward fighter. But it could also be boring.

I think that Askren is too good at wrestling. It might look like a more dominant version of the Maia vs Masvidal fight. Of the two it is definitely Jorge who has been running his mouth though.

The Rockhold fight is a conflicting one. On one hand it would be nice to have a new challenger for Jones and one whose style could pose some problems. On the other, Rockhold is so arrogantly dismissive of all of his opponents and any of his flaws that it is hard not to root for him to get knocked out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Rockhold done then. Power hasn't travelled up with him, can't complete a takedown, can't defend punches. Satisfying knockout.

Holy fucking shit Jorge Masvidal. 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; July 6th, 2019 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored that for Santos, but it was close. Jones wasn't good. Santos fought well with a big speed and length deficiency and a bum leg. Deserves a rematch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santos won that, even w/ a torn ACL.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I scored it 48-47 for Santos. I thought that other than advancing most of the fight Jones was very inactive. He had a lame fighter in there, he should’ve been more aggressive considering.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nunes definitely has cemented her status imo as the best WMMA fighter of today.

Masvidal....WOW. That trumped the Irvin-Martin flying knee KO from like 10 years ago.

I have to agree that Jones did not look like a killer out there but he also fought a weird fight. Was he trying to prove something by ditching his ground game? I guess I can understand how some would give it to Santos but I scored it 48-47 Jones. I thought the first round was Santos, argument could be made about the 4th and 5th I guess. Felt like Jones controlled the fight more and did more overall damage but this fight made me think of the OSP fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nunes' resume is outrageous. Easily best to ever do it as a female. P4P she's obviously #1 all time, and has beaten 5 of the other 9. Cyborg, Holm, Rousey and Shevchenko might make up the top 5 (I'd put Joanna over Holm though), and she beat them all. The first 3, and Meisha Tate, inside a round. I'd love to see if she could somehow drop to 125 for a third fight with Valentina with the third belt on the line. That is a money fight for me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Pretty sure Amanda would have to amputate a limb to make make 125.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Just sayin..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might just be me but Amanda Nunes looks like she took over Cyborg's juice bar.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's said herself she could make it if she was given ample time. That's a woman that bulked up to fight Cris Cyborg half a year ago. There's no reason why, if she doesn't fight again in the interim in her regular weight class, she couldn't make it for the regular May Brazil show for example.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Oh, well, since she said..

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Santos fought with a torn ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus....that seems less than ideal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Santos fought with a torn ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus....that seems less than ideal.
    And he almost won the damn title from the GOAT. Is this guy tough or what?