User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G1 Climax 29

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    watchin ospreay/ibushi live. what's with ospreays theme change.
    the label wont let him use the song anymore.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY FIVE

KENTA/archer - archer is having the run of his career and it's awesome. excellent big man/little man match, where archer impressed more than KENTA, who was still good, but just didn't get all that much offense. the slap after archer called him hideo was awesome though. VERY GOOD.

evil/sanada - a good match with an especially good last couple minutes, held down by some cutesy stuff that i found too obnoxious. GOOD.

fale/okada - the product is way oversaturated with cheating heel shit. that stuff felt really stale in this match, but luckily when okada was on offense it was really good, and the match was short. GOOD.

tanahashi/zsj - holy this this RULED. this didn't even feel like a normal zsj style match, as the way tanahashi melded his style into zack's made it feel totally unique. lots of creative stuff in this match, everything was awesome. tanahashi's big dragon screw looked nasty. crowd was totally into it. my pick for match of the g1 up to now. MUST WATCH.

ibushi/ospreay - hey, sometimes first impressions are wrong. i way underrated this match when i watched it live. the crowd is still disappointing for the level of match they were trying to have, and the selling still left some to be desired in some places, but this was a great match. the home stretch was nuts and featured some wild spots. ospreay's big elbow with ibushi facing him was a thing of beauty and definitely the highlight of the match. MUST WATCH.

certainly the best show of the tournament so far.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    democratic primary g1

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You're not KENTA you're Hideo. Fucking Hideo"

Lance Archer rules.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trying to catch up on a few of these.

Moxley/Ishii is pretty fun

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was easily the best match of Jon Moxley's life

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    cant sleep so watching live this morning.

DAY SEVEN

zsj/fale - well done for a fale match. zack goes aggressive agains fale to to start and then sells really well for fale's offense. i was annoyed when they then went into the cheating shit but it ended up in a great ending, with one of our obligatory g1 countouts. GOOD.

archer/tanahashi - archer is the new ACE. all hail. i was really looking forward to this match and it delivered bigly. these guys are perfect foils for each other. really well done classic big heel vs. sympathetic babyface match. archer's run of his career continues. didn't love the ending though. VERY GOOD.

EVIL/KENTA - this match started out with too much bullshit but became a very good hard hitting affair afterward. KENTA got some really good strikes in. VERY GOOD.

ibushi/SANADA - yaoi fanfic match. some really cool athletic stuff here especially in the beginning, but the match underperforms due to too many flaws. some pretty bad looking stuff here honestly, especially ibushi's very weak looking bomayes that are treated like big spots, and a SANADA moonsault that was embarrassingly inaccurate. definitely not as good as last year's match. GOOD.

okada/ospreay - feels like they definitely put more thought into the first half or so of the match than usual, some good spots. and once they got into the home stretch they really kicked it into another gear. the only thing keeping it from being a real top tier MOTYC for me is the lack of any real believable near falls or possible finishing spots. still, excellent match. MUST WATCH.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be higher than you on Ospreay vs Okada because I did believe it. Specifically I thought the finish was going to be when Ospreay turned the Rainmaker into the Stormbreaker position.

I really thought Ospreay was winning because Okada already beat Sabre. So who is Okada wrestling in London?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I'm going to be higher than you on Ospreay vs Okada because I did believe it. Specifically I thought the finish was going to be when Ospreay turned the Rainmaker into the Stormbreaker position.

I really thought Ospreay was winning because Okada already beat Sabre. So who is Okada wrestling in London?
    I could see them going with either someone like Tana or maybe someone like Moxley due to his international name recognition if they don't end up going with ZSJ or Ospreay

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to push Archer coming out of this tournament

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i'd like to see archer and moxley have a wild gaijin brawl at one of the big shows of the year.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd like to see archer and moxley have a wild gaijin brawl at one of the big shows of the year.
    Moxley vs Archer at the Dome for the US title would not hurt my feelings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okada vs Suzuki in London, is my prediction

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really feeling Moxley doing so much out of the ring for pretty much every match but he's definitely was impressive as hell with the Ishii match.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I'm not really feeling Moxley doing so much out of the ring for pretty much every match but he's definitely was impressive as hell with the Ishii match.
    he's essentially taken the suzuki role for the tournament as the brawler.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    he's essentially taken the suzuki role for the tournament as the brawler.
    In that case, I’d be curious to see how many times Suzuki started with six points.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY SIX

taichi/shingo - i get more and more tired to the heel cheating shit every match i see it in. so stale. needs to be a complete interdiction with the sole exception of yano. but after they got that out of the way this became a very good hard hitting match. taichi has pretty good looking strikes. could be promising if they dropped this gimmick. VERY GOOD.

juice/cobb - code of honor followed. really well worked match. juice's clotheslines and cobb's suplexes looked great. a lot of cobb's strikes are still really bad though, especially his forearms. VERY GOOD.

white/yano - fun short yano match. nothing special except the ending is fun. AVERAGE.

naito/goto - match started out aggressively, which was nice, and the move naito used to first target the knee looked nasty. after that the work was solid, fine, but didn't grab me at all. several spots came off fairly awkward. didn't do much for me really, but by no means bad. AVERAGE.

moxley/ishii - this was worked perfectly for what people hoped for from this match. wild stuff, felt totally different from anything else on the tournament. for all the cool spots in this match, just moxley's bump off of ishii's shoulder tackle was awesome. really impressive performance from moxley. one criticism though, the dueling headbutts spot looked like shit. MUST WATCH.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with the dueling headbutts but it paid off with the uppercut headbutt from ishii that was fucking awesome, so i forgive it.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doing some catching up today.

ospreay/sanada was fine. ospreay kinda annoyed me in this match. getting out of the paradise lock immediately, and then standing there with his arms open, waiting for sanada to turn around, they held on his face too long and i instantaneously hated his stupid face.

zsj/okada, ibushi/evil and tana/kenta were all good. i want to be hype for kenta, but he's slower now and for someone that is getting hyped as mini-shibata, his strikes just dont have oomph often enough. the tana match was better than the ibushi one, so i have some faith there will be continued improvement as he de-rusts.

juice/goto i liked a bunch. juice has been great so far this tournament. his sidekick is one of my favorite things in wrestling.

cobb/moxley was alright, and mostly cause of moxley. i just aint feeling cobb.

biggest surprise of the tourney this year, to this point, for me is how much i loved ishii vs jay white. right now it's ranked third on my list behind ishii/mox and juice/shingo. once they got in the ring it was pretty consistently great the rest of the way through. ishii's selling of the shoulder, neck and arm after that ddt was wonderful. i dont think ive seen a jay white match since his match with okada at the tokyo dome, so this powdering out of people's offense hasnt been beaten to death for me, and i actually dig it. anything to add a bit more character to his in-ring stuff that isnt just CHEATY HEEL is welcome.

i went and watched ishii/mox before getting caught up cause it was one of the matches i was anticipating the most, and it delivered way more than i thought it would. a great hard hitting brawl. handful of great spots: the tour of korakuen hall, mox throwing ishii the chair so they could duel, the pitbull splash off the top through the table outside, that super awesome uppercut headbutt. i hope these two get another opportunity to face off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KENTA vs. Okada is interesting. Can't see them having SANADA finally beat Okada, in a G1 match (would require another title match after wrestling twice already this year). Archer and EVIL I can't see beating him. So that means he takes the block unless KENTA beats him here. Ibushi runs the table now with ZSJ playing spoiler again on the last night with KENTA is my lean.

Naito wins B block with Juice playing spoiler with Moxley.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kenta vs archer was great. probably my favorite kenta match so far. the hideo taunts were fun. the size difference seemed to help kenta's speed and strikes look better.

i quite liked sanada/evil. nothing spectacular but kept my attention well throughout. something i noticed here was how significantly slower marty asami's count gets when coming down for the 3. never noticed it elsewhere, is this a common trait for his 3 count?

zsj/tanahashi was amazing. a lot more fast paced than most zsj matches. their g1 match in 2017 was one of my favorite matches of that year and i think was the match where zack's style clicked for me. it still can amaze me how great tanahashi is.

ibushi/ospreay is my match of the tournament now. miles and miles better than the wrestle kingdom match. the tree of woe sequence was tremendous, and the hidden blade ospreay hit looked devastating.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    thinking about the talk of the ishii match being the best of moxley's career. i think i liked the juice match better. would want to rewatch the august 2014 RAW match vs. rollins also.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i liked Dean vs. Triple H at Roadblock

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roadblock has to be in the top 3, for sure. I'm likely putting the Ishii match in the top 3 as well. Seems almost like a certainty (or near certainty) that a Rollins match would round out the top 3. I know Owens and Ambrose had a good one at the Rumble but I doubt it outdoes something with Rollins. The top overall moment for me was his return at Night of Champions, coming out of a cab to beat down Rollins. Such a great moment.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    juice/cobb was really nice. by far my favorite cobb match ive watched of the tournament. he wasnt initiating the offense very often, there was a lot of reacting, which played well into his power game. juice has been so, so good so far.

naito/goto was great. that apron spot where naito snapped goto's leg down, hyperextending it, was disgusting. dont think ive ever seen that done before. the focus on the knee by naito afterward was well done with just enough jerkass thrown in, like just dropkicking his knee instead of doing the cabron combo. finishing stretch of exchanges and reversals was nice. goto blocking the destino by just sidestepping over and blocking naito's twirl attempt with his body was brilliant, and again not something I'd seen before. naito has had a slow ass start to this tourney having to begin with yano and taichi, so it was nice to actually watch a match of his.

archer/tana didnt go long enough, which i never thought I'd say about a lance archer match before this tournament began. besides tiny dudes, tana is probably a perfect opponent for archer, since tana's broken down body plays well into archer's power. really loved this for as long as it lasted.

kenta/evil is the best kenta has looked so far. really fun match.

ibushi/sanada was what you'd expect out of these two. liked the two competing for crowd reaction early. the reversal sequence around the kamigoye was great. I've noticed these last few matches that sanada has seemed to stop dropping into the grapevine for the skull end and instead turning it into a spin and set up for the moonsault, which i like way more. his cinching of the dragon sleeper when standing looks pretty tight, but he just completely loses it once he goes to the mat.

okada/ospreay was terrific. started out slower and built well. okada doing that crazy spin out of stormbreaker into the rainmaker was nuts. the reversal sequence leading to the finish was intense. ibushi/ospreay was better, for me. i think it was over too quick once it started to get real hot.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY EIGHT

yano/juice - pretty by the numbers yano match. AVERAGE.

goto/taichi - a pretty nothing match with taichi bullshit, but i marked for the gedo clutch finish. goto is just so stale, he's starting to be a guy i wouldnt mind drop out of the g1. AVERAGE.

moxley/shingo - it's so cool that after how moxley has been working this whole tournament, this is a match based around legwork and ending in a texas cloverleaf. and shingo might have had the best one-match performance of the whole tournament so far here. great selling the leg, becoming more and more debilitated as the match goes on and fighting through it. MUST WATCH.

white/cobb - jay is right there with taichi as the guy whose matches i least look forward to. after this one probably below taichi. crowd was totally dead for this one and you can pin in on both guys, cobb wasn't lighting the world on fire either. from a purely technical perspective you can't call this a "bad" match, but beyond a purely technical perspective, this was dull, lifeless, and i rolled my eyes more than once. BAD.

naito/ishii - this match up delivers like it always does. they really go all out for the last 10 minutes and ishii hits an all time great superplex. MUST WATCH.

they really have the next two shows with okada/KENTA and naito/moxley set up as big mid-tournament main events.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are we with the standings now?

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mox/shingo was awesome. loved that this had more psychology, nice change of pace for a mox match, especially on the heels of the ishii brawl. shingo making a case for mvp of the b block, even with mox being undefeated.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Where are we with the standings now?
    a block:
    okada and kenta with 8
    evil, tana, archer, ibushi with 4
    sanada, ospreay, zsj and fale with 2

b block:
    mox with 8
    juice with 6
    ishii, naito, shingo, yano and taichi with 4
    cobb, goto and white with 2

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god damn i love ishii. the amount of times he landed right on the top of his head this match was ridiculous. he's also one of my favorite sellers. him hitting all three ropes on his way to the mat the one time was great. the uppercut headbutt to naito on the top buckle, plus the huge superplex right after, was awesome. the brainbuster reversal into the ddt, with ishii getting right up and hitting the sitting lariat was amazing. this match made me happy.

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Ishii, love Shingo.. I don't care for Goto. Never have. Or Juice.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought KENTA vs Okada was boring

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY NINE

archer/ibushi - man, i'm wowed after watching this match. a masterpiece of big man vs. little man wrestling. archer took most of the offense and was incredible. the front flip thing he did off the ropes was awesome. ibushi's comeback into his win was really really good. honestly i usually don't like the komigoye, but ibushi's looked really good here -- and archer hit an even better looking one on ibushi! very simple match but executed so, so well. MUST WATCH.

ospreay/fale - boring and chock full of bullshit. ugh. BAD.

evil/zsj - solid match. nothing special, but entertaining. could have been shorter. sabre did a really good sharpshooter. GOOD.

tanahashi/sanada - these guys have had really good matches but this just wasn't one of them. i was bored for most of it and even when it got better toward the end, there were some awkward spots. AVERAGE.

KENTA/okada - this match was like watching paint dry. and almost 30 minutes. sheesh. BAD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So even if Okada loses to Ibushi on the last night, he's guaranteed to win the block unless he loses to SANADA, EVIL or Archer? How's everybody see them navigating that? That's the last night main event so it'll definitely be a win and in match. 2 draws to the LIJ guys? EVIL beating him cementing himself above SANADA? Can't see him losing to Archer unfortunately, who has been a revelation and needs a push after the tournament. Think I'm leaning 2 draws, followed by a draw with Ibushi, then losing the final to Naito.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the swerve in all this after Naito spent all year chasing the dream of being double champion ends up being Okada winning the G1 and choosing Naito himself so he can be the first double champion.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I wonder if the swerve in all this after Naito spent all year chasing the dream of being double champion ends up being Okada winning the G1 and choosing Naito himself so he can be the first double champion.
    That would be really fun

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea how Moxley loses from here. Naito can't win it unless Moxley loses out, and he's not losing to Taichi. Jay White needs 2 snookers from Taichi, Juice and Yano and to beat Moxley himself. But that would mean beating Naito into a 5-4 (or worse) record. Interesting booking. I guess the Okada win could happen as Defrost said, and they can get him his wins back on the road there.

At least the path is interesting now. We pretty much know both blocks will be in play come the last night, so there's going to be a surprise loss or 2 on the way for Moxley and Okada. Thinking outside of the box, I'm going for Okada winning it with The Elite (or just Kenny as a solo act) returning post-match and Omega challenging Okada for the Dome. He contractually can work the event. Then Jericho vs. Tanahashi, White vs. Ibushi US, Naito vs. Moxley IC in the other big singles? Robinson vs. Ishii NEVER?
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; July 28th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be stunned if Omega is back.

I'm sticking to my theory that Okada is winning this tournament

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So this is the thing where the winners of each block wrestle and the winner faces the champ at WK? It's a concept I wouldnt mind seeing WWE utilize to determine a contender but then they would just be stealing I guess

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    So this is the thing where the winners of each block wrestle and the winner faces the champ at WK?
    Yes

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    So Okada beating Moxley in the final do you think?

Does Naito end up beating Okada at the Dome then? I feel like if he comes up short again after this G1 he will look like a bit of a loser.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE used to do that with the King of the Ring and Summerslam.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE used to do that with the King of the Ring and Summerslam.
    It isn't quite as elaborate as this set up though to be sure.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well yeah thats what I meant, This would seem to keep interest a lot longer than a straight knockout tournament.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    undefeated okada vs. undefeated moxley in the final would be an interesting idea. it's pretty crazy how hard they're pushing moxley here. gedo is usually pretty stubborn with his booking tendencies and he's always booked the g1 so that the champion wouldn't be in the final, the final wouldn't be the WK main event, and the WK main event wouldn't take place as a block match, but it's looking like he might be breaking one of those this year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Moxley wins it and they play pass the parcel with the contract, Moxley to White, White to Naito? Maybe Okada puts the title on the line in the final? It's great that they've not gone the status quo. I can see anything happening from this point for Okada and Moxley in their matches, as I'm about as confident in them going unbeaten as I am them going into the final day needing a result. I've got a funny feeling about Okada drawing with both the LIJ guys.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ibushi/archer was amazing. sits at number 4 on my list for the tournament, so far. that kamigoye by archer was unreal, and that chokeslam was one of the best ive seen in a long time.

evil/zsj was a really solid match but nothing to gush about.

tanahashi/sanada was another solid enough match that got sloppy at the end.

last five minutes of okada/kenta was really, really good, starting with kenta's reversal of the tombstone. those slaps he did to okada looked fantastic. outside of that five minutes, it wasnt particularly interesting. absolutely weird saying my two favorite kenta matches so far, given everyone he has faced, have been against lance archer and evil.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like we're headed to Okada/Moxley but I have a feeling they're going to find a way where they try to give Juice his redemption over Moxley, one way or another. It seems like a subtle talking point for most of Juice's matches. It also seems like this could kind of be the year where Okada just flat out wins it all. Seems underwhelming for what would happen next but there's been multiple storylines going on that are getting more headline-like attention and he's just plugging away and stacking wins.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY TEN

goto/yano - a minute or two long and goto wins it with his fancy rollup which is always cool. really nothing at all. AVERAGE.

ishii/juice - the quintessential ishii match and done very well. juice takes a really nasty german suplex, and ishii even busts out a tiger suplex right at the end. very good hard hitting match, though a shame the crowd seems pretty lame tonight. VERY GOOD.

cobb/taichi - there was some decent stuff in this match, but also a lot of bullshit. this tournament's given me more than enough of taichi to last a lifetime, and cobb hasn't done himself a lot of favors either. AVERAGE.

white/shingo - there was enough good stuff here for this to be a good match but man do i hate jay white. dumb spots kept taking me out of the match. i don't think it's really jay's fault as a wrestler, just the character they have him booked as, but man it sucks. he's had a couple matches with tanahashi and okada where the gimmick paid off and added to the match, but in the vast majority of cases it's a major, major hindrance. GOOD.

naito/moxley - unfortunately i thought this match was fairly disappointing. there were some awkward moments and some of moxley's offense looked pretty bad. not a bad match but they just didn't gel tonight. the final deathrider looked great though. GOOD.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    juice/ishii is my second favorite match of the tournament. god damn i loved it. the spot of them exchanging moves but immediately getting back up before finally both going wobbly and falling over was great, and i loved that spot towards the end, before ishii hits the enziguri, where theyre just standing across from each other with this awkwardness, and juice makes the first move and ishii ducks and hits the enziguri. kevin kelly explained away some of the awkwardness as ishii waiting for juice to make a move, and i like that interpretation. this whole tournament has been about juice being a 'different man,' and a lot of his mistakes in the past have come from being too eager, so the idea that ishii baited him into an old habit really works for me. the tiger suplex popping up was awesome and the finish was great. so, so, so good.

shingo/white. meh. by the pumping bomber spots i just wanted it to be over. shingo blocking the blade runner by lariating himself back to a standing position was awesome, though.

naito's entrance with him fucking with moxley was fantastic. mox impatient as fuck and naito just making him wait and wait. loved it. being just as obnoxious as jay white, but far more entertaining. a lot of the fuckery and mind games in the early part of this match are doing it for me. the way naito bumps off that front ddt was ridiculous. great looking death rider for the finish.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I liked the fact that Kelly said they were going to lay out for the entrances and it ultimately proved to be an extremely long entrance because Naito was messing with Moxley lol. I get the idea of laying out and letting the atmosphere capture the moment, but the fact it was so long and that different for the theatrics was a little weird. Different, which is appreciated, but it was a bit much.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 29th, 2019 at 3:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I thought KENTA/Okada was awesome. Probably one of my top 3 main events this year. I love the sound Okada made when KENTA kicked him in the throat.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this weekend my best friend was finally exposed to some New Japan. He has been a wrestling fan as long as I have, so 30+ years, and all the knowledge he had of NJPW was either via WCW talent exchange or the buzz that's been going since idk the Bullet Club popped off several years back. But he never actually sat down and watched.

Well, he has Axis. So after we checked out some WOW they had some of the G1 going. We watched Ibushi v. Archer, Ospreay v. Bad Luck Fale, and Evil v. ZSJ.

Now the one issue I had is that I'm a mediocre level NJPW fan so my knowledge is not even remotely close to a lot of you. So he's asking me shit left and right and I'm struggling to keep up with the info. He actually remembered Archer from TNA and even the ECW stint as VANCE Archer.

But I think his favorite was Evil due to the entrance and his sweet staff.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i haven't rewatched any of the matches and i am sort of finding these matches harder to rank relative vs. each other than most g1's, but as of right now i think this is my top 10 of the tournament:

1. zack/tanahashi
    2. moxley/ishii
    3. ospreay/ibushi
    4. ospreay/okada
    5. archer/ibushi
    6. moxley/shingo
    7. ospreay/archer
    8. ishii/naito
    9. tanahashi/archer
    10. juice/ishii

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    oh damn, okada/archer for tomorrow's show. that should be the main event.

- - - Updated - - -

archer should be the one to give okada his first loss and be the october title challenger.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY ELEVEN

ibushi/fale - hey, this was actually a good match. they scaled back on the cheating bullshit. there was still too much, but it didn't overwhelm the match. some good spots, especially the crucifix pin spot. GOOD.

zsj/ospreay - will can really use his athleticism to do some great looking chain wrestling. this match was a beauty, they worked some really fast and intricate spots and pulled them off almost perfectly. really good ending. another match that felt different from anything else in the tournament, even compared to other sabre matches. MUST WATCH.

okada/archer - the real ace scaring little children as he beats up the poser ace okada. beautiful scene. this match was great. maybe a step below the ibushi match. a couple spots didn't come off as intended and the crowd wasn't as good. but still this was a great match. i really love normal-sized top guy vs. giant monster kinds of matches where the top guy takes everything the monster has but still wins definitively. archer is the best big man wrestler in the world by a big margin. MUST WATCH.

SANADA/KENTA - both these guys are having really underwhelming tournaments, and this was an underwhelming match. it wasn't bad, but was never really good for an extended period of time. KENTA's whole thing is he's supposed to be a hard hitter but he sure isn't katsuyori shibata in there. AVERAGE.

tanahashi/EVIL - first 15 minutes or so were boring but the ending stuff was mostly really good. would have been a great match 10 minutes shorter. GOOD.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    SANADA/KENTA - both these guys are having really underwhelming tournaments, and this 3ENwas an underwhelming match. it wasn't bad, but was never really good for an extended period of time. KENTA's whole thing is he's supposed to be a hard hitter but he sure isn't katsuyori shibata in there. AVERAGE.
    KENTA's whole thing is that he's mastered this game but not his own arrogance.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, KENTA isn’t trying to literally be Shibata. He’s doing what Shibata did when he came back, he’s above it all and talented enough to get away with it, but is undone by his arrogance. I wish Kelly would stop harping in about his failed WWE run. It seems so contrary to the character they’re trying to put over.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zsj/ospreay was amazing. sabre's style allowed ospreay to work some of his offense out of different set-up's, which is always welcome. also allowed sabre to cut off some of ospreay's typical spots in fun ways. didnt feel like an ospreay match nor a sabre match, but a smooth mesh of both into one.

lance archer out here getting in the face of children and red shoes protecting him. what a welcome surprise archer has been this whole way. old school into a moonsault what in the fuck! archer had an amazing chokeslam. really nice match, almost entirely because of archer. really would've liked to see archer pull off the upset.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, KENTA isn’t trying to literally be Shibata. He’s doing what Shibata did when he came back, he’s above it all and talented enough to get away with it, but is undone by his arrogance. I wish Kelly would stop harping in about his failed WWE run. It seems so contrary to the character they’re trying to put over.
    they should maybe also stop pushing how much he trained with shibata in preparation for the tournament then, as well, cause it just immediately makes me compare him to shibata. you spent all this time returning to form with this guy and yet a lot of the stuff youre doing looks decidedly weaker than everything he ever did.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    is there anyone in wrestling who can take 80+% of the offense of a match and be as entertaining as archer?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archer is indeed amazing. Big hard fucker. I think we all need Ishii vs. Archer over the NEVER title going into Wrestle Kingdom if they're not going to elevate either just now.

SANADA is surely beating Okada then. Or at least a draw. Okada winning would put Tanahashi out even before the main event with Ibushi, which would be odd booking. It would presumably keep EVIL in the mix going into his match with Okada too. That should come into play really as well. Maybe EVIL gets the assist to keep himself alive. Would be a bit daft for you needing your teammate to win to advance your career options and not doing anything about it. Would keep things bubbling going into night 15 with Ibushi, KENTA and EVIL still in the mix, and the title match can happen in the UK as not to burn through it again in Japan.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    is there anyone in wrestling who can take 80+% of the offense of a match and be as entertaining as archer?
    Ibushi can.
    Not really an Ibushi fan
    Though.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G1 Night 4

Night 5

Night 6

As an aside, I think Tainted's ratings are basically the inverse of mine.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; July 31st, 2019 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much everybody stays alive in the B block then. I'm seeing Moxley 5-2 and White, Naito, Goto, Juice and Ishii at 4-3 going into the last 2 days. Moxley loses to Goto, then the final day sees Moxley needing a win against Juice and Goto and White to lose, Naito needing a win and a Moxley loss, Goto needing a win and a main event tie, and White just needing to beat Naito. Oh and Ishii needing Moxley and Goto to lose and a main event tie. Ishii wins, Juice wins, Goto wins, Naito wins, takes the block.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY TWELVE

shingo/cobb - a better version of the ishii match. perfect fast paced hard hitting g1 match, the exact kind of match you want from these two. some really awesome big spots. MUST WATCH.

moxley/yano - a riot of a yano match. i really don't think this was a good way to give moxley his first loss though. honestly i think it's an awful idea. his second loss after a more meaningful first loss, sure, but booking wise this was a waste. but a really fun match. GOOD.

naito/juice - these guys had one of my favorite matches of last year's tournament and unfortunately this wasn't close to that level. they did some good stuff in this match but taken as a whole it just never really clicked with me. juice out-tranquiloing naito was great in the beginning. GOOD.

taichi/white - this didn't turn out as bad as it looked on paper. it actually got pretty good toward the end. if they compressed all the stuff they did down to like 8 minutes this would have been a fun gimmicky match. as it was, it wasn't bad. AVERAGE.

ishii/goto - you know what you're getting with this one. a good match as always, but not a really exceptional iteration of this match up like last year's was. VERY GOOD.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this is a cool picture

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY THIRTEEN

KENTA/fale - the worst guy in the block vs. the most disappointing guy in the block. short enough. the ending was a hoot, i won't spoil it. AVERAGE.

zsj/archer - archer overwhelming zack's technique with his strength was awesome. really cool match where zack tenaciously held on through archer's big offense to slowly work him over with submissions whenever he could grab them. cool ending in theory but came off a bit poorly visually. VERY GOOD.

ospreay/EVIL - this was the hottest match of the tournament so far in terms of the crowd, they were really going nuts for this match. and this was a really great match with a wild homestretch where will, as usual, seemed like he was trying to break his neck, especially on the ending sequence. MUST WATCH.

ibushi/tanahashi - crazy that last year's final isn't a main event. this was like a condensed version of last year's final, which is a very very good thing. less than 20 minutes and all action, with a hot crowd and lots of intensity. perfect secondary main event for a big show. MUST WATCH.

okada/SANADA - this was the match with the most big match feel of the tournament. the undefeated champion vs. the guy who always gives him a challenge but can never beat him, and with everyone looking forward to this match as okada's likely first loss, but not a sure thing. an okada win, a SANADA win, and a draw all seeming equally likely. the crowd was really into this and they worked it as a big match. the last several minutes were very effective. if possible, try to go into this one unspoiled, the match will be much better if you don't know the ending. MUST WATCH.

the crowd really helped this show a lot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left the penultimate A block matches nice and unpredictable too. I think the story will be Okada being too prideful as the ace and taking a kicking in the EVIL match and scraping a draw, meaning he only needs another draw to win the block against Ibushi but his machismo gets the better of him and he loses quite decisively. Gets his killer instinct back in sub-20 minute defences against SANADA and EVIL and goes into Wrestle Kingdom with Ibushi fresh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY FOURTEEN

ishii/yano - these guys have great chemistry, i'd love to see them have a NEVER title match on a big show. this had the regular yano stuff mixed with more straightforward wrestling, much like their great match from last year's tournament. not quite as good as that one i don't think, but still awesome and the crowd loved it. VERY GOOD.

juice/taichi - one of the better taichi matches i've seen, honestly. still would have been better without the bullshit but they managed to have a damn good match. juice checking taichi's low kick was an especially good spot. taichi's match of the tournament. GOOD.

goto/cobb - they ended up having a good, quick match with the crowd popping for some big spots. GOOD.

moxley/white - i liked moxley taking the fight to white at the beginning, and how he would win whenever they traded strikes head on. moxley did bust out a wwe-level bad tope though, and a bad ringpost figure four. the gedo bullshit wasn't too bad, they actually worked in a pretty good spot at the end. GOOD.

naito/shingo - LOS INGOBERNABLES SE CHOCAN. beginning of this match wasn't much to write home about but they really turned it on for the last 10 minutes. MUST WATCH.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at full mast for Shingo vs. Ishii.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    archier/ishii and archer/shingo are my two dream matches for the rest of the year.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naito made Shingo look like a million bucks. He took a beating.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    is yano the best comedy wrestler of all time?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is yano the best comedy wrestler of all time?
    It's a close race between him and Santino Marella.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    ibushi/naito finals looking very likely. fourth time this year though? would much rather see okada/naito if it's naito in the final. if it's ibushi winning i'd rather see him vs. moxley in the final. aside from running ibushi/naito so much, naito doesn't need another high profile loss.

although last year i wasn't excited by an ibushi/tanahashi final because i felt we'd seen the match up too much and they ended up knocking it out of the park.

ishii is still alive in B block. ibushi/ishii finals would be very interesting. i think the crowd would be really hot for that one.
    Last edited by Tainted Eclipse; August 5th, 2019 at 6:08 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    ibushi/ishii with ibushi going over it totally what i would book at this point.

would be a heck of an ending for B block. ishii, moxley, naito all go into the final block night alive. ishii wins putting him the leader by points with head to head losses against both moxley and naito if either of them win. juice takes moxley out of contention for revenge and to set up their US title rematch. white screws naito out of the finals and ishii goes on for his first time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predicted Ibushi over White at the beginning, but if I must have an alternative I would like to see Okada vs Moxley or Ibushi vs Ishii like Tainted Eclipse suggested

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY FIFTEEN

SANADA/archer - another great lance archer match. it's crazy how he's mostly carrying these matches. SANADA was good as the little guy in this match but this was the archer show as usual. plus archer was too big so no paradise lock in this match, and SANADA never got to drop down on his skull end and totally lose grip of the hold, so this match was really delivered! VERY GOOD.

fale/tanahashi - tanahashi always gets the best matches out of fale. he knows how to work a big man and is the best in the company at getting sympathy from the crowd. this was fale's match of the tournament. the ending was again very amusing for a fale match. GOOD.

KENTA/ospreay - this is closer to the harder hitting, intense match that people expect from KENTA. he still lacks that next gear though, and this match was mostly thanks to ospreay. KENTA still has a lot of work to do if he wants to have an upper card hard hitting veteran role. but overall, this match was very good and the crowd was really into it. VERY GOOD.

ibushi/zsj - not on the level of their best matches together but still the cool, unique kind of match you expect from these two. ibushi's komigoye was really awful in this match though. in general ibushi's working a lot softer these days. VERY GOOD.

okada/EVIL - they really teased the draw by doing absolutely nothing for the first 20 minutes. credit where it's due, from that point on the crowd was on fire. GOOD.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "A" BLOCK WINNING SCENARIO:
    (Saturday morning)

OKADA clinches the block with:
    (a) A Win (vs. Ibushi)
    or (b) A Draw

IBUSHI clinches the block w/:
    A Win (vs. Okada)

---

The final day of the "B" Block on Sunday is MUCH more complicated...

MOX clinches the "B" Block with:
    (a) A Win + Goto Loss/Draw + Jay White Loss/Draw (vs Naito)
    or (b) Win + GOTO Win + Jay White Loss + [WIN SERIES OF TIEBREAKER MATCHES VS. GOTO / NAITO AT A LATER DATE TBA]

NAITO clinches with:
    (a) Win (vs. White) + MOX Loss/Draw
    or (b) Win (vs. White) + MOX Win + GOTO Win + [WIN SERIES OF TIEBREAKER MATCHES VS. GOTO / MOX AT LATER DATE TBA]
    or (c) Draw (vs. White) + MOX Loss + Goto Loss + [WIN TIEBREAKER (RE)MATCH VS. J. WHITE AT A LATER DATE TBA]

GOTO clinches with:
    (a) Win + Naito Loss/Draw (vs. White)
    or (b) Win + MOX Win + Jay White Loss + [WIN SERIES OF TIEBREAKER MATCHES VS. NAITO / MOX AT A LATER DATE TBA]

JAY WHITE clinches with:
    (a) Win (vs. Naito) + GOTO Loss/Draw
    or: (b) Draw (vs. Naito) + MOX match ends in a DRAW + GOTO match ends in a DRAW
    or: (c) Draw (vs. Naito) + MOX Loss + GOTO Loss + [WIN TIEBREAKER (RE)MATCH VS. NAITO AT A LATER DATE TBA]
    Last edited by greebull; August 9th, 2019 at 2:53 PM.

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus that Ishii and Shingo match was beautiful. Is there anyone on the PLANET that is better at kicking out at 2.99 than Ishii?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY SIXTEEN

yano/taichi - decent yano match with an amusing ending. AVERAGE.

naito/cobb - eh, this was okay. cobb just isn't that good and naito doesn't really have good matches with people who aren't great themselves. the cobb f-5 spot was cool though. AVERAGE.

goto/moxley - this was the most japanese match moxley's had and it was pretty cool. the crowd was dead and it never got into that next gear, but this was good work. GOOD.

juice/white - this match was so full of dumb gedo bullshit. the crowd didn't care and jay's submission move was awful. i don't even care that there were some periods of good work in this match, way too much of it sucked. BAD.

ishii/shingo - very good hard hitting match, though not as good as you might have hoped for. sad to see ishii not going into the last day still alive. VERY GOOD.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been sinking my teeth into NJPW pretty hard lately and I've come to the realization that I believe Jay White it boring as piss.

Yano is life.

Moxley's great, but his offense has gotten to be pretty sloppy.

Evil is captivating.

Ibushi is my favorite wrestler on the planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greebull View Post
    "A" BLOCK WINNING SCENARIO:
    (Saturday morning)

OKADA clinches the block with:
    (a) A Win (vs. Ibushi)
    or (b) A Draw

IBUSHI clinches the block w/:
    A Win (vs. Okada)

---

The final day of the "B" Block on Sunday is MUCH more complicated...

MOX clinches the "B" Block with:
    (a) A Win + Goto Loss/Draw + Jay White Loss/Draw (vs Naito)
    or (b) Win + GOTO Win + Jay White Loss + [WIN SERIES OF TIEBREAKER MATCHES VS. GOTO / NAITO AT A LATER DATE TBA]

NAITO clinches with:
    (a) Win (vs. White) + MOX Loss/Draw
    or (b) Win (vs. White) + MOX Win + GOTO Win + [WIN SERIES OF TIEBREAKER MATCHES VS. GOTO / MOX AT LATER DATE TBA]
    or (c) Draw (vs. White) + MOX Loss + Goto Loss + [WIN TIEBREAKER (RE)MATCH VS. J. WHITE AT A LATER DATE TBA]

GOTO clinches with:
    (a) Win + Naito Loss/Draw (vs. White)
    or (b) Win + MOX Win + Jay White Loss + [WIN SERIES OF TIEBREAKER MATCHES VS. NAITO / MOX AT A LATER DATE TBA]

JAY WHITE clinches with:
    (a) Win (vs. Naito) + Goto Loss/Draw
    or: (b) Draw (vs. Naito) + MOX match ends in a DRAW + GOTO match ends in a DRAW
    or: (c) Draw (vs. Naito) + MOX Loss + Goto Loss + [WIN TIEBREAKER (RE)MATCH VS. NAITO AT A LATER DATE TBA]
    I simplified the scenarios. (I use that term "simplified" very loosely)
    Last edited by greebull; August 9th, 2019 at 2:52 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY SEVENTEEN

Archer/EVIL - archer's last match of the g1 ;_; man did he go out with a bang. he turned the wildman act up to 10 and the crowd was rocking for this one. EVIL was really good as the regular powerhouse now underdog. up there with the ospreay match for EVIL's best match of the tournament. MUST WATCH.

SANADA/fale - okay, this match was a blast. SANADA's comeback was really, really awesome and the home stretch was good, with another fale roll up ending. maybe im overrating this match but it was too fun. VERY GOOD.

zsj/KENTA - KENTA's best match of the tournament, and maybe zack's second best. the style clash really made KENTA's role as hard hitting striker come off better than usual, when he's already working guys who are usually hard hitting strikers themselves. really hard fought match. VERY GOOD.

ospreay/tanahashi - the context of this match coming in is great: tanahashi off two big losses and ospreay in the final night of his first g1. a guy on the decline and the guy coming up meet in the middle here, and the crowd is way into both of them for just those reasons. this is a really, really great match. the most genuine emotional involvement from the crowd this tournament. maybe the best match of the tournament so far. really great work and a super hot crowd. MUST WATCH.

okada/ibushi - on the negative side, this was very much a "let's run through a by the numbers match for 15-20 minutes before we start doing the good stuff" type of match. on the plus side, once they started doing the good stuff it was really awesome. i don't think this is the best match these guys can have with each other. still great. MUST WATCH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated scenarios (After Mox just lost..)

NAITO clinches with:
    (a) Win (vs. White)
    or (b) Draw (vs. White) + Goto Loss + [WIN TIEBREAKER (RE)MATCH VS. J. WHITE AT A LATER DATE TBA]

GOTO clinches with:
    Win + Naito Loss/Draw (vs. White)

JAY WHITE clinches with:
    (a) Win (vs. Naito) + GOTO Loss/Draw
    or: (b) Draw (vs. Naito) + GOTO Loss + [WIN TIEBREAKER (RE)MATCH VS. NAITO AT A LATER DATE TBA]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so now going into the last match, it’s pretty simple:

Naito advances to the finals with a win.

Or White advances with a win.

Or, if there’s a time Limit Draw, Naito and White have to face each other again at a later date.

Or, if there’s a double DQ or double countout, GOTO wins the block because he went 2-1 against White, Naito, and Mox (ie the other wrestlers involved in the 4-way tie)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh Jay White. At least the Ibushi match will have great heat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay White wins and advances to tomorrow morning’s G1 Final vs. Kota Ibushi.

The winner will challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship (currently held by Kazuchia Okada) at WrestleKingdom XIV on the first weekend of 2020.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13 of the 20 entrants finished on 4-5. That's ridiculous. I guess it established the hierarchy with Okada, Ibushi, Naito and White leading the charts (though Goto actually finished second, right?), but parity with pretty much everyone else?

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    defrost what do these fuckers see in the switchblade

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    DAY EIGHTEEN

it looks like they have the crowd lit up a bit more than usual, which is cool because it shows off the interesting look of the budokan arena.

cobb/yano - really fun short yano match. GOOD.

taichi/ishii - hands down the match of taichi's career. they wasted no time and got right to the action. no interference or cheating at all. taichi wrestled a total ishii match, and although i still take issue with him relying on thigh-slaps, taichi was game for it. the crowd totally loved taichi for working a match like this. MUST WATCH.

juice/moxley - awesome match. every time moxley tries to bring a weapon or table into play juice puts it away, rather than playing by moxley's game and giving him the edge like last time. toward the end they work a cool STF spot where moxley thinks he's won the match, and then goes crazy and costs himself the match due to his overreaction. MUST WATCH.

shingo/goto - the crowd was way into shingo here and man, they turned it UP for the last half of this match. best goto match since last year's ishii match, maybe better. MUST WATCH.

white/naito - definitely a big step below most of these block deciding matches. this was a good match. but fuck jay white. VERY GOOD.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    gedo is a mark for american wrestling and wants to book an american style cheating top heel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    And Jay White is easily unlikeable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tainted Eclipse I've been super busy over the last couple of weeks and haven't been able to watch the G1 like I usually do every year, so your recaps are greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    all told naito had a pretty disappointing tournament. he needs a long break.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    He's home grown. He gets great heat. He's going to be a massive babyface there sooner than later.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what could have been, that feels like a very flat final.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    well, they had a good match. the weakest of the g1 finals of the last several years, for sure. but still, by a reasonable standard, a very very good match. great heat. dumb gedo spots.

the shibata angle, though, was tremendous. wonderful to see him hit that dropkick when KENTA's been hitting it soft all tournament.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i'd rank the g1 finals since 2013

tanahashi/ibushi > tanahashi/nakamura > naito/omega > goto/omega > tanahashi/naito > nakamura/okada > ibushi/white