Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Vanillatown Mafia

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I meant more in relation to your self vote that it didn’t swing my previous opinion of you one way or the other.
    Ah, gotcha. No defence for that then.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Unvote

Your other posts though today have done enough.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Tantrum
    I'd believe it is more frustration than anything. Read through this morning and then just now and like Grim says there is nothing to go on. I am pretty thick in the regular games with roles so this game is double tough.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    BBF, Kotre, Mazer, HB.

Are you going with the slide under the radar idea?
    I like this look. I'd bet at least one scum is coasting.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBF and wardy will be modkilled too if they don't get their post quota up for this so it'll be interesting to see how they'll fill it up. If they're town, then they'll have to talk otherwise we lose two more and we can't really afford that.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so sure that's the case. Sure, being quiet allows them to go under the radar but they'd want to be reaching the minimum to ensure that they don't get modkilled.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one wants to be modkilled. We townies play to win. Only win.

Town members need to speak up a bit more or vote a bit more like this Vote Pablo

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post

Town members need to speak up a bit more or vote a bit more like this Vote Pablo
    I'll take it this time, but just a reminder for everyone that votes must be on a separate line.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    Mikey - 2 (Grim, virm)
    Pablo - 1 (BBF)

About 18 hours

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho, do my posts from the night phase count for the 5 for today?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rules on the first page state 5 post minimum per day phase.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBF, Kotre, Mazer, HB.

Are you going with the slide under the radar idea?
    Been less on big posts, but I feel I've been consistent

First post in a mafia game for me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Obviously new to mafia, and might be laying low if it werent for the rule.

So, solid rule-making.

Can't get into "because someone was x, they likely won't be x again". Probabilities are independent.

Agree with going for people less likely to participate meaningfully. Gives us less to work with, in what i understand will be a faster paced game.

I did get caught up in the "Why the hell are Rip and Cewsh talking about jesters", and voted Rip. I asked about Cewsh, as I found him suspicious. But his explanation made sense to me. Some of what I did was ask questions (from not knowing and wondering who might be misleading with replies)

Before the last round of voting ended, I was still curious about Cewsh, Grim, and really didn't feel strongly. So I unsuccessfully tried to pull people in on voting for honey badger. I was hoping that people would see the modkill and have a quick switch.

Vote Honey badger

There's seems to be too much flying under radar. And the worst case scenario at this point is eliminating someone that we're not going to get much of a better read on.
    Don't think I missed any. So I've got Honey Badger at 4. Either there's a last minute swoop in, or he's modkilled.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: these are the ones since psycho posted day 2 started.
    I'm repeating myself a bit, but HB might be eliminated here. Without a strong hypothesis you are testing, it seems like an effective way to go.

Cewsh was off a bit, so I can see why he's got votes. But there's been enough people seeming to doubt the vanilla sincerity that it doesn't throw me off as much as it did when i voted for Rip.

I still think that if you feel strong on mafia, go for it-but we were about to go down one anyway-HB was either going to get killed or swoop in with a suspicious last minute vote. Worse case scenario, we still have one more town than we do now.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the thing though, people can post next to nothing and get away with it... not sure it works being fully vanilla and then being gung ho with lynches as I said before.

So whilst usually I'd tie this up and do a bit of roulette I think if people aren't contributing and we're risking lynching a townie... then...

Vote no Lynch.

Not sure what a no Lynch is good for, really, but it stops us shooting ourselves in the foot for another day/night phase...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is because I don't particularly trust Virms gut... doesn't seem to be a reason, probably just a random vote to look active... even though I'm fairly sure he's not mafia.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Time's up

Vote Count
    Cewsh - 4 (BBF, Pablo, wardy, Badger)
    virm - 2 (Cewsh, HFR)
    Grim - 1 (JP)
    Badger - 1 (kdestiny)
    Honey_Badger - 1 (Mazer)
    JP - 1 (Grimario)

That's a lynch! Write-up incoming.
    Vote Count
    Rip - 5 (Pablo, BBF, JP, kdestiny, Mazer)
    virm - 4 (Grimario, Honey_Badger, virm, HFR)
    Cewsh - 2 (wardy, Jarrod1983)
    Pablo - 1 (Kotre)

Time's up. Results incoming.

In the last round we needed momentum, or at the very least could have moved towards not doubling up on a kill. I am curious why Jarrod and kotre didn't vote that round.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
    Psycho, do my posts from the night phase count for the 5 for today?
    No, but I've been considering counting those if they're not fluff...

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In the last round we needed momentum, or at the very least could have moved towards not doubling up on a kill. I am curious why Jarrod and kotre didn't vote that round.
    I didn't because I thought I might have been wrong on my D1 vote on Cewsh as he seemed genuine in saying his confusion on D1 was a mistake. I didn't feel right placing a vote on him or anyone else to be honest on D2.

I was going to ask you, Kotre and BBF about flying under the radar which Grim pointed out. You've addressed it by saying you've been consistent. I guess more consistent than BBF or Kotre. I'm also curious to hear from Wardy. He seems to be more quiet then in other games I've played with him.

I will let more play out before voting, as I usually do, but I think BBF, Wardy or Kotre have a strong chance at being scum.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia

Am I the only one or does this SCREAM scum?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in a tricky soot really with the lack of activity this phase plus two potential modkills. If BBF and wardy don't make it to five posts by the deadline then they're gone regardless. BBF could still make that up as he's posted a couple of times but wardy's not been online since Sunday. Lynching a third in Mikey and him flipping town means we could lose possibly three town if BBF and wardy flip town also. Then there's the obligatory scum kill after night three so we could be four town down.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    We're in a tricky soot really with the lack of activity this phase plus two potential modkills. If BBF and wardy don't make it to five posts by the deadline then they're gone regardless. BBF could still make that up as he's posted a couple of times but wardy's not been online since Sunday. Lynching a third in Mikey and him flipping town means we could lose possibly three town if BBF and wardy flip town also. Then there's the obligatory scum kill after night three so we could be four town down.
    I feel like that's worst case scenario. I'd like to think that one of those you just mentioned will turn up red.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully, if they are town, they hit the five needed to stay. Fingers crossed for a little luck from the mafia gods.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you voted, you at least had to put some type of explanation out. i would like to hear kotre's explanation on the no vote.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I feel like that's worst case scenario. I'd like to think that one of those you just mentioned will turn up red.
    Well BBF's vote does look dodgy as hell like Grim says. He went from saying it could only be Grim and Mikey at the start to then randomly voting Pablo

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone isn't at 4 posts in the morning, that's the way i'm going. The percentages are getting closer to us even hitting scum by luck. But the double loss still works against us in a lot of cases.

I'm leaning towards kotre. He has been diligent about posting his schedule (or is it his schedule ), but has said he's not good at reads, and is pretty open about flying under the radar. Its seems fairly likely that at least one scum is taking a back seat. And he's been really back seat

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Now we're getting somewhere! Was wondering who would make the first move. Obviously didnt think it would be Rip but something suspicious is going on, he'd normally be a bit more astute.

To the vote-atron....vote Rip
    Not a lot is going to change from here I feel. We could get lucky with the random lynch if we have more than one person on the same number. Only chance might be that? Twice the amount of people gives us more of a chance of hitting a scum?
    Jumps on the Rip train as #2 voter then has one more bit of meaningless fluff in the rest of the phase.
    No not acting weird. Working things out and dropping hints here and there. One way to look at it is a weird but another could be playing up to things.

Town need to make a big move now as we've lost 2 and I suspect Cewsh is playing a game so vote Cewsh.
    Then starts the Cewsh lynch, claiming Cewsh is playing weird (gimmickless Cewsh is weird Cewsh, apparently) all the while claiming he himself isn't playing weirdly.
    Not much more to say. We're playing vanilla which makes things really tricky when some are skating through. Others are being a bit more active and saying a bit more but that raises suspicions. To be honest, I'm not sure on anyone but Cewsh usually plays smarter hence my vote.
    kdestiny suspects Mikey might have been on to something so votes BBF. Mikey prods BBF for a response and he gives a mostly nothing reply, again claiming Cewsh is his only suspect. Also mentions people skating through... somewhat ironic given his almost complete lack of contribution.

And then latest day phase... only two people standing out so he votes for a third?
    Now what do we do? We need to up root the mafia quite quickly, any ideas? Only Grim and Mikey are standing out to me as mafia at the moment. To accuse anyone else would be a little foolhardy imo.

In his own words, to accuse anyone else would be foolhardy.

Unvote

Vote BBF

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    So this was kdest's last contribution.

Outside of Badger's possible accusation on basically everyone it's the first time wardy had any mention from what I can remember. It's possible that wardy as a still relatively new player would have looked to kill someone who just accused him. But that would mean that we assume there's no veteran on the scum side. I highly doubt that though, especially since they killed CWE the first night.

Now I'm not going to ignore the fact that I'm mentioned. I can guarantee you as a scum I would never make a kill that sloppy. Give me a little more credit than that.

I'm not going to put my vote down at the moment because with the majority lynch rules trains don't even need to fully leave the station to get someone killed. But I think I am feeling better about a Grim lynch than a wardy lynch.
    Virm you’re really feeling that over Grim?

I’m still more convinced by your self vote because it was so late into the voting phase. Not feeling it one way or the other with Grim.

Vote Grim
    I meant more in relation to your self vote that it didn’t swing my previous opinion of you one way or the other.
    Unvote

Your other posts though today have done enough.

To put "foolhardy" in context, this is the sequence of posts by Pabs that tipped BBF into switching to him.

Pabs points out the sloppiness of the kdestiny kill, which somewhat implicates wardy.
    Pabs votes for me, probes me ( ) then unvotes.

So... BBF going into protection mode for wardy, completely contradicting his earlier post? Foolhardy.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    BBF is still on my list of suspects. Something just doesnt sit right.

Anywho, back to work.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think it's not a good idea to throw someone under the bus today unless we're quite certain... if we do lose people to modkills and then this.....

Am I prolonging the inevitable with a no lynch? Probably.. but.. maybe.. just maybe.. we'll turn this around...........

.........yeah?

..ok not even I believed that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    No lynch is suicide. We have no way to get more information so all we are doing is giving a free kill to scum. Don't be daft, HFR. Unless you are scum, of course... then be daft and please target one of your fellow scum mates.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    There's 12 people left in the game - considering we started with 17 players, we're probably looking at 3 or 4 scum? Assuming we lynch incorrectly, and the Mafia make a kill, it would mean the next days decision HAS to be right.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Everyone, BBF has been in this thread as well as browsing other threads on and off for the last 90 minutes. He is clearly waiting for instructions or guidance from his scum buddies.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    Mikey - 1 (virm)
    Pablo - 1 (BBF)
    BBF - 1 (Grimario)
    No Lynch - 1 (HFR)

5 hours left.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; June 18th, 2019 at 6:14 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    You have a double vote there for me, sir. This is vanilla and I refuse to get a double vote.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to ask you, Kotre and BBF about flying under the radar which Grim pointed out.
    If you voted, you at least had to put some type of explanation out. i would like to hear kotre's explanation on the no vote.
    It's pretty mundane. I have been very busy. Yesterday I was at a competition all day, Saturday I had to get my shit together after hosting my mum and Aunt. Friday was work and then training... at this second I'm writing this on the train to work. Odds are I'll end up finishing it on the way home. Maybe at lunch, with a few words thumbed out if I get a break between seeing people. Look at my previous games. Some phases I'm very active. Some I go quiet. This game is the first that's taken place during comp time.

I'm not going to lie, there is an element of strategy too.

I'm leaning towards kotre. He has been diligent about posting his schedule (or is it his schedule ), but has said he's not good at reads, and is pretty open about flying under the radar. Its seems fairly likely that at least one scum is taking a back seat. And he's been really back seat
    Nah, it is my schedule. If I was making shit up do you think I'd pretend to be a male cheerleader? Like I love it but is it something I'd invent if it wasn't true, especially when it's extremely easy to verify that there was a competition (Legacy) at the Resort World Arena on Saturday/Sunday, that there's another (Jamfest) in Liverpool next weekend (which I'm not going to) and then another (Future Cheer) in Bournemouth the weekend afterwards (which I am going to).

As I said above there is an element of strategy to me being quiet too. This game does not play to my strength personal reads are my weakest aspect. If I played my usual game of voluminous posting I'd end up trying to set a lynch on a townie and then be in the firing line the next phase. Staying quiet and skating over the bar ensured that I'd stay out of notice into the mid-lategame. I'd have been quieter than normal regardless but being quiet to the point of hitting as close to 5 posts as possible: definitely a choice.

Jumps on the Rip train as #2 voter then has one more bit of meaningless fluff in the rest of the phase.

Then starts the Cewsh lynch, claiming Cewsh is playing weird (gimmickless Cewsh is weird Cewsh, apparently) all the while claiming he himself isn't playing weirdly.

kdestiny suspects Mikey might have been on to something so votes BBF. Mikey prods BBF for a response and he gives a mostly nothing reply, again claiming Cewsh is his only suspect. Also mentions people skating through... somewhat ironic given his almost complete lack of contribution.

And then latest day phase... only two people standing out so he votes for a third?

In his own words, to accuse anyone else would be foolhardy.

Unvote

Vote BBF
    This sounds pretty legit

Vote BBF

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No lynch is suicide. We have no way to get more information so all we are doing is giving a free kill to scum. Don't be daft, HFR. Unless you are scum, of course... then be daft and please target one of your fellow scum mates.
    I figured it was better than us suicide by lynching all the townsfolk prior to Mafia killing us, that's all.

It would prolong things but only if we had a read on them all, which I don't think we do..

Unvote

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

8)
    Lynches will be resolved by plurality. Whomever has the most votes by the end of the day phase will be lynched. There will be no hammer on D1, but you may hammer on D2 forward. In the case of a tie, the lynchee will be chosen at random. No Lynch is an option.
    How will you be choosing the random person in case o a tie?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voting for me would be a bad idea. An even worse idea when led by a Grim train.

If you vote for me and you see me as green later on then i expect a full and frank apology from each of you.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more than willing to put a vote on BBF today, Grim's case is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Jones View Post
    There's 12 people left in the game - considering we started with 17 players, we're probably looking at 3 or 4 scum? Assuming we lynch incorrectly, and the Mafia make a kill, it would mean the next days decision HAS to be right.
    We mislynch today and tomorrow we are No Lyching. LYLO > MYLO

- - - Updated - - -

Just to point out the obvious, a vanilla game in which the scum have to work to get a majority is so much more balanced.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    LYLO? MYLO?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mylo - mislynch and lose

lylo - lynch or lose

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If one of them is you, then it's you.

Else random number generator.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...except we know there are 4 of them due to the writeup here

Did you think you'd come across obviously scummy if you simply knew there were 4, so you pretended you didn't know, even though you should know anyway - because you are yourself.. scum?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTERESTINGGGGG

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    mylo - mislynch and lose

lylo - lynch or lose
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    ...except we know there are 4 of them due to the writeup here

Did you think you'd come across obviously scummy if you simply knew there were 4, so you pretended you didn't know, even though you should know anyway - because you are yourself.. scum?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTERESTINGGGGG
    I'll admit to not reading all the flavour/write-ups, my bad

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more than willing to put a vote on BBF today, Grim's case is strong.

:
    Mistaaaaaaaaaaaake

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should we distrust Grim Fandango?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A reason beyond 'trust me, not him'

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    BBF saying big mistake only really works in games where you could be a doctor or a cop or something. We are all vanilla.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    BBF - 2 (Grimario, Kotre)
    Mikey - 1 (virm)
    Pablo - 1 (BBF)

40 minutes left.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Alright time is running out. Any last thoughts?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    List randomizer. Whichever option is at the top after the randomize is the Lynch.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Dammit Psycho you ninjad me.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote: BBF

I like Grim's laying out of things. That said, randomly enough, if BBF flips green, I'm way more confident of a few people being scum.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    BBF - 3 (Grimario, Kotre, JP)
    Mikey - 1 (virm)
    Pablo - 1 (BBF)

24 minutes remain.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; June 18th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    If BBF flips green, I'm flicking this mother fucking table over and storming out.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just got up, baby had one of his first super fussy nights and it was not fun. Just changed his diaper, looked like a big bomb of green shit went off in his pants.

I have no doubt you are where you say you are because like you said male cheerleading (dated a cheerleader in high school and knew a couple men that did and they were beyond crazy lol loved those guys) etc. but I still think you are coasting.

Vote Kotre.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Vote BBF

Reading things over one last time I think it’s him and wardy that stood out to me.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like we only have 2 wardy posts in the day phase. Concerned about another doublekill here.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most group dynamics, there's at least one person coasting and one person who becomes very active.

BBF and Grimario have some suspicion on the active end.

On inactive, I worry about Wardy and kotre.

vote Wardy

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    BBF - 4 (Grimario, Kotre, JP, Pablo)
    Mikey - 1 (virm)
    Pablo - 1 (BBF)
    Kotre - 1 (Jarrod1983)
    wardy - 1 (Mazer)

Time's up. That's a lynch.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; June 18th, 2019 at 8:13 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    BBF on the active end? He's barely posted and certainly nothing of any worth apart from multiple contradictory statements.

My excuse... I'm currently unemployed and bored shitless.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    That token Mazer gesture at the end makes me think he's scum now. BBF active... What the hell?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    In fact, just checking now... The super active BBF has the exact same number of posts add the "I worry about his inactivity" wardy.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mazer has jinked in at the end of a couple of days now and voted for people who wouldn't be up for lynching, if I recall correctly. I wrote it off the first time but.. this time.. and backing BBF is a bit odd.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got up, baby had one of his first super fussy nights and it was not fun. Just changed his diaper, looked like a big bomb of green shit went off in his pants.

I have no doubt you are where you say you are because like you said male cheerleading (dated a cheerleader in high school and knew a couple men that did and they were beyond crazy lol loved those guys) etc. but I still think you are coasting.

Vote Kotre.
    You're not wrong about me coasting. I'm not hiding that. Don't get me wrong, I am every bit as busy as I'm saying but being quiet was a strategy of mine.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DAY THREE

Haggard, tired, and all-around worn out, the Wafers finally dragged their way to some kind of civilization. They had been traveling for the better part of three days, and had grown delirious and hungry. But finally, they saw huge, colorful letters splayed across a wavy ribbon, and each letter was a completely different font. The letters read…

FLAVORTOWN

From inside, they could see the peaks of building and billboards, all in shapes, sizes and colors they had never seen before. Taller than they ever imagined. A spark of motivation picks them up and draws them towards the entrance.

------

Meanwhile, in Vanillatown, the city has gathered inside of the small, very modest city hall. The place was actually smaller than the amount of people in Vanillatown, because there had never been any serious problems to deal with before. Everyone was agreeable and content and went with the wave rather than trying to shake the cage. So not everyone could quite fit, but the voices from the outside could be heard as well. Well…as much as you could hear with everyone quibbling, blathering, and rabbling. The head of the town, a distinguished old bowl of rice gruel, clears his throat loudly and grabs everyone’s attention.

“Please, everyone. We are all alarmed about the murder of Rip and CWE, the town guard, and the disappearances of Honey_Badger, kdestiny, and 4 innocent children who have been swept up in all this madness! But we must remain calm!”

“How can we be calm when we don’t know what we’re dealing with!?”

Some people scream in terror. Others just agree.

“I think it goes to show there’s some people here in Vanillatown you just can’t trust.”

The bowl of gruel tries to cut back in, “Now, now. We don’t know if it was-“

“You know, some of us have been kinda quiet this whole time.”

“Yeahhhh. Like they don’t even care about the town.”

BBF steps forward, knowing he’s one of the ones they’re talking about.

“Fuck you guys, dude. It’s Grim or Mikey.”

The townspeople collectively gasp.

“Or maybe Pablo. I dunno, fuck off.”

They had heard enough. They promptly marched BBF to the entrance gate, and look disappointed pet owners, collectively pointed their fingers out, as BBF slowly makes his way out the gate, head hung low.

BBF has been exiled from Vanillatown. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Somwhere, hours away from Flavortown, a crushed up cracker wastes away to eternal sleep. He is suspiciously missing an arm.

wardy has been modkilled. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Living Players
    2. Pabs
    5. Mikey
    7. Jarrod1983
    9. Grimario
    10. mazer
    11. Badger
    12. Virm
    13. JP
    14. Kotre
    15. HFR

Dead Players
    1. Rip – Town
    2. CWE – Town
    3. Cewsh - Town
    4. Honey_Badger – Town
    5. kdestiny - Town
    6. wardy - Town
    7. BBF - Town

It is now the night phase. See you in 12-24 hours!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Vote Grim

I'm done.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grim, Pablo, Kotre +1

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Mikey JP Badger +1

- - - Updated - - -

At least we both agree that +1 is scum

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mazer has jinked in at the end of a couple of days now and voted for people who wouldn't be up for lynching, if I recall correctly. I wrote it off the first time but.. this time.. and backing BBF is a bit odd.

its true. i have waited.

Of course, I did tell people that I was going to see if we were up against a modkill and a second kill at least 12 hours before, I would try to avoid a double kill. Which makes it necessary to see if people don't vote. Also, was hoping there might be some last minute change voting when a modkill was inevitable. Still don't like the odds. Last time if HB was eliminated, we'd still have 2 more town. I was very tempted to go just with the BBF train. But I had legitimate hope that some of our non-voters (we only had 8) might come in or maybe a switch or two would avoid the double kill. looks like last minute reactions don't happen as often as I thought.

I will cop to needing to type out a better explanation, as it wasn't exclusively volume=activity. I see BBF as suspicious, but I was also suspicious of Grim's strong reaction/self-vote after his accusation. BBF had at least put some things out that struck interest and been extended himself on trying to get people to look a certain way. I think there's at least a strong chance for town. The whole post about town plays to win, and seeming to intimate we don't need to worry about modkills stood out. It was a watch, but seemed like a risky proposition to take out 2.

As far as grim talking about an equal number of posts-BBF posted 5 times in day phase. Wardy was modkilled. Where I was looking at, it seems unequal.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikey JP Badger +1

- - - Updated - - -

At least we both agree that +1 is scum
    You just pointed loudly at mazer indicating it's almost inevitable he's scum, but he's not on your list.

Ok then.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Well if that's the case, I know who I'm voting for in the morning.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    You seem quite confident you're surviving until morning...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    You seem quite confident you're surviving until morning...
    Of course. I'm the most scummy town so you guys will keep me alive so you can go "Now let's lynch Grim" and win easily tomorrow.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only had mild suspicion over BBF earlier as he only just shouted random names without much explanation then changed it to Pablo. His last couple of posts before death warning people gave me that sinking feeling he was town so I stayed off that train.

I'll wait and see who scum get next. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm kept alive in the hope that I'm mislynched. I mixed some jokes with seriousness in my breakdown post earlier trying to be funny when I should have kept it all serious so that was a mistake on my part as that got others suspecting me. Hindsight and all that jazz.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Thos who jumped on beans late is suspect af.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed the vote count. I had Kotre voting Jarrod instead of the reverse.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DAY THREE

Haggard, tired, and all-around worn out, the Wafers finally dragged their way to some kind of civilization. They had been traveling for the better part of three days, and had grown delirious and hungry. But finally, they saw huge, colorful letters splayed across a wavy ribbon, and each letter was a completely different font. The letters read…

FLAVORTOWN

From inside, they could see the peaks of building and billboards, all in shapes, sizes and colors they had never seen before. Taller than they ever imagined. A spark of motivation picks them up and draws them towards the entrance.

------

Meanwhile, in Vanillatown, the city has gathered inside of the small, very modest city hall. The place was actually smaller than the amount of people in Vanillatown, because there had never been any serious problems to deal with before. Everyone was agreeable and content and went with the wave rather than trying to shake the cage. So not everyone could quite fit, but the voices from the outside could be heard as well. Well…as much as you could hear with everyone quibbling, blathering, and rabbling. The head of the town, a distinguished old bowl of rice gruel, clears his throat loudly and grabs everyone’s attention.

“Please, everyone. We are all alarmed about the murder of Rip and CWE, the town guard, and the disappearances of Honey_Badger, kdestiny, and 4 innocent children who have been swept up in all this madness! But we must remain calm!”

“How can we be calm when we don’t know what we’re dealing with!?”

Some people scream in terror. Others just agree.

“I think it goes to show there’s some people here in Vanillatown you just can’t trust.”

The bowl of gruel tries to cut back in, “Now, now. We don’t know if it was-“

“You know, some of us have been kinda quiet this whole time.”

“Yeahhhh. Like they don’t even care about the town.”

BBF steps forward, knowing he’s one of the ones they’re talking about.

“Fuck you guys, dude. It’s Grim or Mikey.”

The townspeople collectively gasp.

“Or maybe Pablo. I dunno, fuck off.”

They had heard enough. They promptly marched BBF to the entrance gate, and look disappointed pet owners, collectively pointed their fingers out, as BBF slowly makes his way out the gate, head hung low.

BBF has been exiled from Vanillatown. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Somwhere, hours away from Flavortown, a crushed up cracker wastes away to eternal sleep. He is suspiciously missing an arm.

wardy has been modkilled. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Living Players
    2. Pabs
    5. Mikey
    7. Jarrod1983
    9. Grimario
    10. mazer
    11. Badger
    12. Virm
    13. JP
    14. Kotre
    15. HFR

Dead Players
    1. Rip – Town
    2. CWE – Town
    3. Cewsh - Town
    4. Honey_Badger – Town
    5. kdestiny - Town
    6. wardy - Town
    7. BBF - Town

It is now the night phase. See you in 12-24 hours!
    Also, did the Flavor town sign have multiple different fonts? Not sure if my phone just doesn't register or if my formatting got fucked somehow.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does.
    Awesome. I put effort into that, damn it!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just getting up. Phase will start soon

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NIGHT THREE

The Wafers were floored. Everywhere they looked, there was something new and exciting. And instead of boring old loaves of bread and crackers, the citizens were juicy hamburgers; slices of cake; flavored meats. It was all so attractive and invigorating. Everything about this place felt magical. This is what they came for this whole time. It was then that they bumped into a man who was standing proudly before them. At least they assumed so, because the blinding sun directly behind him shaded his form, other than the silhouette of was looked like some kind of spiked head.

“Boys…welcome to Flavortown! We’ve been waiting for you.”

------

Somewhere in Vanillatown a couple days later, while the citizens have calmed overnight, a commotion arises from within one of their homes. A female biscuit turns on the light in the bedroom, noticing her husband isn’t there. “Honey? Honey, was that you?” She walks into the kitchen, smelling something burning. Did someone leave the oven on? She looks, and sees the light is definitely on. She opens it up to see what’s inside and immediately pops back with a terrified scream. She immediately begins sobbing, as a chopped up, broiled, and well-seasoned JP continues to bake on a pan.

JP has been murdered. He was a Vanilla Townie.

------

Day Four has begun! With 9 players alive, we are officially in LyLo. The majority is 5, and if town does not lynch mafia, the game is over.

You have 48 hours.

Living Players
    2. Pabs
    5. Mikey
    7. Jarrod1983
    9. Grimario
    10. mazer
    11. Badger
    12. Virm
    14. Kotre
    15. HFR

Dead Players
    1. Rip – Town
    2. CWE – Town
    3. Cewsh - Town
    4. Honey_Badger – Town
    5. kdestiny - Town
    6. wardy - Town
    7. BBF – Town
    8. JP - Town

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's not a total surprise... Fuck sake. Let's slow this right down and not shoot ourselves.

Right.. pabs, kotre, Mikey .. I'm leaning at least one is mafia.

Grim has been off but I don't get a mafia read from him. Virm too, I think he's town. Badger I'm not 100% on but JP thought he was town so... Jarrod I don't think has really contributed much if I'm honest but he's got new baby and perhaps that is blinding me a bit. He won last game.. he's a strong maybe. Mazer jumped on lynches late ... but ones that were going nowhere. Which seems off.. but doesn't seem like a great mafia strategy.

So... yeah... kotres posts remind me of me when I was mafia. Pablo only because JP seemed really suspicious of him. Mikey has until recent flew under the radar a bit and last phase I got a strong feeling about him...

...but let's talk about it first before we go crazy and just end up losing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At work just now then meeting up with one of my friends after. Will post full thoughts later.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Vote Mazer

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    Mazer - 1 (Grimario)

Plenty of time left.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll cop to some bad strategy, because I didn't predict behaviors well. In survivor games, we had a lot of late voting., so I was kind off on how much swing there would be. Late voting didn't happen like I hoped, and I was surprised by how many people don't vote in these games. But fair point. If a few of the non-voters, or someone did the unvote./vote thing for either of the two people I voted for we've got more people. But it didn't work, and didn't close. So yeah, that was a miss.

My critique seems to be about timing as well. Out of curiousity, I looked I mentioned Honey Badger 24 hours before, and voted 16 hours prior to the stop time. I did post a few last minute recaps on where Honey Badger was at. Last round, I posted what I was going to do the night before, and then did it. If HB had posted enough to survive, I very likely would have been one of the BBF or Grim. Voting for one of those two a few hours before (when I was posting about who was likely modkilled) would have certainly had less attention on me. I just didn't think mafia would allow themselves to get modkilledm and then was worried about losing two (particularly after it happened . But I did put out what I was doing a decent amount of hours before both of the last times.

I did make the mistake of thinking I could get last minute switches, but I did it because it would have given us two more days. Which does seem to be better off than where we are now.

I do see a few concerns. Kotre has said "This is my strategy. I'm not giving away anything". Which is a concern. it seems almost like a dare, or knowing that putting himself out there would put him on the radar.

HFR has called out my strategy. it definitely didn't work. I was looking at the "vote to get a tie thing" as a weird strategy. But I don't disagree with a lot of the other logic.

grim has done the "vote grim" thing twice, and then backed off. I wrote one off due to the whole travel thing. it absolutely sucks when your flight goes off schedule. Obviously I'm looking at it differently with him coming against me with some things I can look back on question the perception of (tried to slip by last minute-in contradiction of me actually posting way in advance) and saying BBF and wardy were equal. I haven't counted every post in thread since sign-up. But on that day, wardy was eliminated. BBF definitely had more when it counted. I thought the "they won't kill me", post was a fair point. In combination with the self-voting, and strong reactions-I do think he might be a hiding in plain sight type deal. But I don't know his previous style from a bar of soap. Right now leaning this way, but I'd love to hear if someone else reads this diiferent

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I've done it once. The second time was during the night phase after yesterday's vote was wrong.

Vote for me and the game ends. I'm okay with that too.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's look at the scum kills. CWE going first really looks like a vet pulling the strings and seeimingly had JP written all over it after he pulled that trick last game but I think that was done to set him up. kdestiny seemed like an innocuous kill and I was his main suspicion and he only mentioned Pabs and wardy in passing. Pabs was very quick to deflect though that he wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. Now JP goes and that definitely would seem way too obvious that Grim would off him for that after they accused him and Grim's not that stupid. Pabs has also been happy to join on mislynches.

Mikey is growing more suspicious by the minute. His very late vote in the first phase for BBF to avoid suspicion and him at least implying that JP had something to do with kdestiny. Then HFR calling him out for not knowing there are 4 scum and he said he didn't read the write-ups yet he took the time to dissect all the posts relating to kdestiny. He may be new but he's also clever.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Wow this has been a quiet day.

We definitely don't want to rush a lynch since we have to get it right, but we have to discuss it throughout these two days and we've basically wasted one day.

People being quiet at this point are definitely making me more suspicious of them. I'm feeling much better about Badger being town along with Grim and Virm.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mikey is growing more suspicious by the minute. His very late vote in the first phase for BBF to avoid suspicion and him at least implying that JP had something to do with kdestiny. Then HFR calling him out for not knowing there are 4 scum and he said he didn't read the write-ups yet he took the time to dissect all the posts relating to kdestiny. He may be new but he's also clever.
    I have to agree with this. Mikey did say he voted to avoid suspicion in D1 and then him not knowing there is four scum when it was clear in the write up seem shifty to me. Then the I didn't read it/lengthy dissection combo that I didn't even think of but is a very valid point made by Badger.

The other thought is still Kotre. Like I mentioned, I do believe he's where he says. I just think he might be scum. I don't know how else to think when you say you don't want to give anything away. Town should be looking to give as much as they can to help each other. In a game with no roles what strategy is there to have unless your scum? That is mighty crazy to say if you really are scum but being scum in the Mortal Kombat game with you, you wanted to have Shang Tsung kill me to absorb my Baraka Berserk power so I know you are capable of outside the box ideas.

Two great options. I'll give it some time before voting but I really think we have a 50/50 chance here, if not bullseyeing two scum.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Vote pabs

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    Mazer - 1 (Grimario)
    Pablo - 1 (virm)

5 is a majority.

A little less than 24 hours left.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count
    Mazer - 1 (Grimario)
    Pablo - 1 (virm)

5 is a majority.

A little less than 24 hours left.
    Don't you mean a little more? We've not gone 24 hours yet.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm at work so can't do a proper post, I'll be making a proper one later today with suspicions etc

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "lets take it slow and talk about it"

*goes to work*

*does night shift*

*two people just post 'vote ___' with no reasoning or discussion*

"......"

Thanks guys!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you mean a little more? We've not gone 24 hours yet.
    Yeah, my brain was dumb. It was a little less than 36 hours.

About 27 now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Well if that's the case, I know who I'm voting for in the morning.
    This one, HFR. I did as I said, woke up and voted for Mazer.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see.

At this point I just wonder about having one vote on the most suspect of people ... but with no need for a majority, I'd rather not give the opportunity to lynch someone who's likely town.

From the two with votes, to be honest, I'd pick Pablo.

Going to wait for people to speak up a bit, still, holding out that slim hope... and then will likely vote for one of them... and by one of them I mean Pablo depending on where people have came in with reads etc.. which by the looks of it... is zilch.

...so... it might be a quiet few hours but hopefully not.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I just wonder about having one vote on the most suspect of people ... but with no need for a majority, I'd rather not give the opportunity to lynch someone who's *potentially* town.
    t.
    Edited it a bit... via quote...