Thread: Hart Family Appreciation Thread

Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Hart Family Appreciation Thread

I was toying with the idea of a Hart thread and since we lost Owen today back in 1999 let's share fond memories of Owen and the rest of the Hart clan here.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    switzerland

Hottest crowd ever?

The Hart foundation V2 were excellent.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the Hart Foundation. One of my earliest memories as a young fan was witnessing the face turn where Jimmy Hart aligned with Demolition and they wrestled each other on a Saturday morning show (Not sure if that would have been Superstars back in 1988-1989). Even as a kid I thought the tag-team scene in the WWF had some of the best WRESTLING.

Blue Blazer was cool. I remember they used to run a spot during tv shows where he was going to unmask and you could see him at these different locations where he would unmask and sign autographs.

Bret as a singles, very few are better, even less are in the same league. The guy literally was what he said he was. Owen Hart, super underrated as a singles wrestler imo. Personally, I think his haircut is what held him back from being World champion but also he was in an era where very few wrestlers were champ.

If Owen Hart came along during the last 15 years, he would have been at least a 5 time World champion across 2-3 brands. I also wonder the "what if..." What if he didn't pass, what if he didn't retire like he wanted to in a year and stuck around. Matches against Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, fuck man even rematches against better versions of The Rock, X-Pac, Triple H, and Undertaker would have been SICK!!

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    demrepcongo
    What's the reasoning behind Bret, Jim, and Bulldog all packing up to leave for WCW, but Owen stayed in WWE?

Also, do you think Pillman would have gone back to WCW?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What's the reasoning behind Bret, Jim, and Bulldog all packing up to leave for WCW, but Owen stayed in WWE?

Also, do you think Pillman would have gone back to WCW?
    Vince wouldn't let Owen out of his contract because he still saw major value in Owen as opposed to Anvil who was only hired because Stu Hart asked Vince and Bulldog....well it was Bulldog.

IDK about Pillman. Probably not. He worked Bischoff into a shoot thinking he would come back and the WWF was popping off right as he died. Had he lived, I have no doubt he would've been a huge part of Austin's first reign.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Got to sit down and watch Owen vs Bulldog from Raw March 97 today. I love this match. I wanted to do it yesterday but I just didn't find the time. One of the best matches in Raw history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post

Hottest crowd ever?

The Hart foundation V2 were excellent.
    Ahhhhhh Canadian Stampede. I was there at the Saddledome that night. It was fucking crazy!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Ahhhhhh Canadian Stampede. I was there at the Saddledome that night. It was fucking crazy!
    I'm jealous, I bet fucking crazy is a understatement. That crowd was white hot.