User Tag List

Thread: No One Can Stop Pac

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No One Can Stop Pac

Pac, better known to WWE fans as Neville, has been Dragongate's Open the Dreamgate Champion since Dec. (Their top title). 6 months into his reign and he successfully defended it once again on May 6th against Dragon Kid. Pac nearly ended Kid with a Falcon Arrow Brainbuster of the top turnbuckle.

Undefeated for almost 2 yrs., Pac has been wrestling all over world against the best in the industry and standing tall. Yes, he was sitting out the rest of this WWE contract for most of that time, but that's just a technicality you wankers.

In addition to being a gifted aerial artist and mat technician, the man knows no pain. Watch as he casually pops a dislocated finger back into place.

Next up, the toughest bastard in the world will face Adam Page at Double or Nothing.

I can't wait to see this ugly mug on my TV again when AEW starts on TNT.

Last edited by Sasori; May 16th, 2019 at 4:03 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best examples as to why the WWE is the #1 promotion in the world. They took a dude who had zero personality, zero charisma, but an amazing aerial arsenal and turned him into honestly the #1 sought after talent in the entire world not locked down by a contract.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    One of the best examples as to why the WWE is the #1 promotion in the world. They took a dude who had zero personality, zero charisma, but an amazing aerial arsenal and turned him into honestly the #1 sought after talent in the entire world not locked down by a contract.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have a Pacman gimmick because I keep thinking of it whenever he's being referred to as Pac and not Neville. Have him being chased backstage eating pellets.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty sure I could stop him by blowing a fan at him and watching his ears carry him off to Japan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond to the gimmick these days but I'm assume you're saying I'm wrong. But I'm not. Neville's popularity soared once he turned heel and started doing the King of the CW stuff. But without it, he'd be just another Evan Bourne.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Pretty sure I could stop him by blowing a fan at him and watching his ears carry him off to Japan.
    His ears are so big that I could stick him on the roof and pick up satellite channels.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to say this....I've followed this guy for YEARS. Way before he was ever on the WWE's radar. Way before he was all juiced up. He had no charisma, he had nothing but smooth aerial offense and you could literally turn on an promotion and see several bland high flyers doing it just as good. But he greatly benefited from being under the WWE umbrella. He went from a guy who just went out and did moves to a guy that people were super into because he turned heel and developed a character they could soak their teeth into.

And you compare his promo work prior to the WWE and then look @ him now, he's learned a lot.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Neville's ears are so big that he was considered for the title part of the Dumbo remake.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just going to say this....I've followed this guy for YEARS. Way before he was ever on the WWE's radar. Way before he was all juiced up. He had no charisma, he had nothing but smooth aerial offense and you could literally turn on an promotion and see several bland high flyers doing it just as good. But he greatly benefited from being under the WWE umbrella. He went from a guy who just went out and did moves to a guy that people were super into because he turned heel and developed a character they could soak their teeth into.

And you compare his promo work prior to the WWE and then look @ him now, he's learned a lot.
    That's what I think a lot of guys do, the WWE makes them who they are, into stars, and then they ditch the promotion faster than you can say Enzo who? You think Nash and Hall would have been anything in WCW if they hadn't been in WWF? Just look at Diamond Studd and Oz. Cody Rhodes wouldn't be building a promotion if he was never in WWE. These guys can bash WWE all they want, but without WWE they'd be nothing. Enzo would be a loud mouth in a club, nothing more.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neville's ears are so big that he was considered for the title part of the Dumbo remake.
    His ears are so big that even Mike Tyson would feel full trying to eat them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWE definitely deserves credit for giving Neville the environment to develop his new persona. I think he had this character in him all along. It just took some coaxing to get it out of him. Believe it or not, Mark Henry was the one who helped him with it. It was after he had transitioned in a backstage role.

According to Henry, he approached WWE Chairman Vince McMahon to vouch for Neville and his talents.

"We talked about storylines and how to make him a f*cking killer and all of this stuff. It worked. They used to treat Neville like Mighty Mouse and I told Vince, I said, 'Hey, Neville is somebody I just believe in. … He's a legitimate tough guy. He's 5-6 or whatever it is but if you had to put him against a bunch of dudes you got in your locker room right now, I think Neville would kick their ass.' I told Neville, 'You have to believe it. If you don't believe it, it's not going to happen.' " I told him, 'You need to be me.' That motherf*cker is killing. I love Nevile's shit right now."

Henry said he has given Neville some tips along the way. That advice included teasing his Red Arrow finisher, only to climb off the ropes and apply his Rings of Saturn submission hold for the finish. That was the precise conclusion to Neville's match with the now-recently released Austin Aries at WrestleMania. Henry went on to say that a tearful Neville thanked him backstage after that match.

"Eventually you've got to go from being a talent to being a guy that makes talent. I love the fact he's had the success because it's got my fingerprints, but I love the fact he's had success because it's just f-cking good for the business," Henry said.
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/m...-fcking-killer

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori
    No One Can Stop Pac

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely brilliant.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ahahahaaaa!

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I think a lot of guys do, the WWE makes them who they are, into stars, and then they ditch the promotion faster than you can say Enzo who? You think Nash and Hall would have been anything in WCW if they hadn't been in WWF? Just look at Diamond Studd and Oz. Cody Rhodes wouldn't be building a promotion if he was never in WWE. These guys can bash WWE all they want, but without WWE they'd be nothing. Enzo would be a loud mouth in a club, nothing more.
    That doesn't change the fact that WWE used him like shit and killed his run. Just because he mastered his craft in WWE doesn't mean he owes it to them to stay if they're not capitalizing on his talent and popularity.

Like, if you have a job you've been at for years, never got a raise or promotion despite asking and proving yourself, are you going to stick with that job out of loyalty when you have a golden opportunity staring you in the face elsewhere? Not if you actually care about moving forward and improving your life.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; May 17th, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that WWE used him like shit and killed his run. Just because he mastered his craft in WWE doesn't mean he owes it to them to stay of they're not capitalizing on his talent and popularity.

Like, if you have a job you've been at for years, never got a raise or promotion despite asking and proving yourself, are you going to stick with that job put of loyalty when you have a golden opportunity staring you in the face elsewhere? Not if you actually care about moving forward and improving your life.
    Exactly. Neville may not have become who he is without WWE, but they squandered his potential. The guy should have been the IC or US champion. Instead, they were going to have him putt over Enzo. No one can blame him for going elsewhere.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Exactly. Neville may not have become who he is without WWE, but they squandered his potential. The guy should have been the IC or US champion. Instead, they were going to have him putt over Enzo. No one can blame him for going elsewhere.
    Yes. When they saw what he could do as the "King," that should the been the beginning of bigger things. Either a more satisfying end to his reign or moving up in the divisions. The fact that he dipped has me believe they were just going to leave him to mire in the Cruiserweight division with no plans to either move him up or put the strap back on him. I don't think he would have just left if he at least had concrete promises of something better.

Bagel
    Especially with how some have moved out of 205 Live and onto Smackdown or Raw, shows they either have exceptions of guys or just need more jobbers on the main shows. Either way, I think Neville was just too good to be stuck in the cruisers division.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Especially with how some have moved out of 205 Live and onto Smackdown or Raw, shows they either have exceptions of guys or just need more jobbers on the main shows. Either way, I think Neville was just too good to be stuck in the cruisers division.
    No more big ears jokes and time to get seriois. Definitely agree.They ended Neville's amazing reign to get a fuckwit like Enzo over because he can spit a bit on the mic and thought his presence would bring more viewers to the show. Did it work? Like fuck it did and no wonder Neville was pissed and left.

King Neville or plain face anti-gravity Neville would have been an amazing addition to the main roster. Imagine the matches he would have had on Smackdown. Humongous missed opportunity and I hope AEW use him properly and take full advantage of the diamond they have.

Bagel
    King/heel Neville was a treat to watch. Neville as a face felt like Sheamus, Matt Hardy, Randy Orton as a face. It's like an RVD match, pretty much paint by numbers predictable. Fun to watch in-ring, very solid but you get tired of it.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    King/heel Neville was a treat to watch. Neville as a face felt like Sheamus, Matt Hardy, Randy Orton as a face. It's like an RVD match, pretty much paint by numbers predictable. Fun to watch in-ring, very solid but you get tired of it.
    I'm gonna correct myself a bit because I had a meta moment.

King Neville was awesome on 205 Live but actually going back and really thinking about it, I now think it probably would not have been the best addition on the main roster mainly due to his size and how they have treated kings in recent history that are not Lawler and you could include Booker. He had size and queen Sharmella to back him up and he had a queen in Sharmella to back him up. Regal and Barrett were "kings" and they were made a mockery of. King Neville worked on 205 Live because he was a big cruiserweight who ruled with an iron fist but he wouldn't have been as effective and possibly been shat upon by the bigger players if he went up against them.

I think a heel Neville but not quite so gimmicky still showcasing his aerial ability would have probably been a happy middle ground for him. Also Smackdown would have better than Raw for him.