User Tag List

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Wrestling Video Game Of All Time?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Is Your Favorite Wrestling Video Game Of All Time?

Are you a fan of "The Main Event"? (If anyone remembers this classic we are BFF's forever!)

Did you spend your allowance on "WrestleFest?"

Was "Tecmo World Wrestling" your thing?

Maybe you can't stand the old school "Raw Is War" for Super Nintendo but loved the Genesis version?

Or maybe you don't give a damn about the old days and think "WWE 2K19" or the latest "Fire Pro Wrestling" is the best of the best?

My pick, which is probably many of my generation's pick:

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    WCW/nWo Revenge for me. Spent countless hours playing that, and I wasn't even a WCW fan.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    WCW/nWo Revenge for me. Spent countless hours playing that, and I wasn't even a WCW fan.
    About 2 months ago I bought a N64 from a huge collectibles spot here called "Jay's CD and Hobby" for about $60. I bought No Mercy for about $10 and then a week later came back and bought WCW/NWO Revenge, WCW v. The World, and WWF Attitude for a total of about $8. Great deal. Revenge is only 2nd to No Mercy for N64 wrestling games. It's so awesome.

But I've always wondered why Ric Flair wasn't in the game and why Roddy Piper was the secret World champion.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    About 2 months ago I bought a N64 from a huge collectibles spot here called "Jay's CD and Hobby" for about $60. I bought No Mercy for about $10 and then a week later came back and bought WCW/NWO Revenge, WCW v. The World, and WWF Attitude for a total of about $8. Great deal. Revenge is only 2nd to No Mercy for N64 wrestling games. It's so awesome.

But I've always wondered why Ric Flair wasn't in the game and why Roddy Piper was the secret World champion.
    Looks like Flair was fired for no showing a Thunder taping, but was later rehired. He was rehired too late in the game making process to include him

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Looks like Flair was fired for no showing a Thunder taping, but was later rehired. He was rehired too late in the game making process to include him
    Ah ok. I remember him getting fired or whatever and figured that was the case.

Intercontinental Champion BigAl's Avatar
    I live life on the edge...I tell angry women to relax
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown Shut Your Mouth! because I loved the boiler room brawl. I think that was the one where you could jump off the top of the hell in a cell?

Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As a young kid I played Pro Wrestling for the NES quite a bit. King Slender was my guy.

Royal Rumble for Super NES. Loved the roster but being able to be Bret Hart and play Royal Rumbles was all I wanted to do at the time. I had no Super NES at the time do I had to play at my Aunt's house. I had to BEG for her to rent that Rumble game.

Once I did get a Super NES, I got a copy of WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. I used Shawn Michaels a lot with that game.

Raw is War for my PlayStation and the games like WWF Attitude came next.

Bring The Pain was a favorite of my buddy's and I after moving out on my own. I used to dominate people at that game. All I did was play and the parties we'd have only have me a endless stream of people to challenge.

This year was the first year I didn't buy the new game. I just figured with Red Dead 2 coming out that WWE would just sit there. Still haven't bought it, although I am tempted for the Daniel Bryan career mode. I just don't have the time I used to.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Smackdown Shut Your Mouth! because I loved the boiler room brawl. I think that was the one where you could jump off the top of the hell in a cell?
    Yeah this one for me too. Also for nostalgic reasons as used to make CAWs of my old High School teachers and giving Big Show a ballerina entrance.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I miss the games when you could have divas vs men because it was fun trying to beat Andre the giant with Stacy kiebler. Especially with the weight detection system and on legend difficulty

Daniel San. You best karate still inside. Now time let out!
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I ever put as much time into a wrestling video game as I did with WM 2000 for the N64.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; May 13th, 2019 at 3:49 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Mercy and Revenge are close for the top spot, everything else is tied for like 10th

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone ever play this? I always used to see it advertised in the old WWF mags but never owned a computer until 1999 so I had no way of playing it.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    smackdown vs RAW 2006, got it for christmas the year it was released and spent sooo much time over break playing it.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no mercy ladder matches for the world title are my favorite memories of playing a wrestling video game. my brother, my best friend and i in a triple threat; my brother is mark henry, my friend is linda mcmahon and im dean malenko in a towel, and the match lasts nearly an hour cause no one can manage to keep everyone else down long enough to grab the belt, until finally linda pulls down the strap and becomes champion. nothing has come close since.

revenge would probably be number 2. i had wcw vs the world for the ps1 and my friend had world tour for the n64, so we played the shit out of those. revenge was a huge step up in almost every way, and i was more of a wcw fan to begin with. ddp having various ways to hit the diamond cutter was cool as shit. mostly gravitated toward battle royals in that, for some reason.

wwf attitude for the ps1 was probably the first wrestling game i got hyped for before it launched. seeing adds in gamepro and the wwf magazine throughout the first half of 1999 got me excited. looking at the wiki, it was originally supposed to release in june, and i think that's what the ads advertised, but the release was delayed by a month after owen's accident to remove the blue blazer stuff from the game. i had no knowledge of or concept of delays at this point as a kid, so once the june release rolls around i was stumped as to way the game wasnt on shelves when i went to buy it, and proceeded to have my mom call gamestop and toys r us every week to ask if they had the game in yet. spent a ton of time playing that during sleepovers on the weekends, but the gameplay was rough even back then, so im not exactly eager to give it a go nowadays.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Wrestlemania was the first wrestling game I ever played and while the gameplay is pretty terrible it always got me fired up when they'd play the wrestler s theme songs during the match.

The best wrestling game is Wrestlemania 2000 for N64, similar to No Mercy but without the glitches. I'm still saving up to get that Ho from the Smackdown Mall what was she like 500k lol.

Wrestlefest deserves a shout out too. My brother and I would always play that at Pizza Hutt, the Royal Rumble mode was unbelievably awesome option for an arcade game in the late 80s/early 90s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously all the n64 THQ WCW and WWF games. But god damn do I love HERE COMES THE PAIN on the ps2.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that's a difficult one if I had to list them it would be:

• Smackdown Here Comes The Pain
    • Smackdown Shut Your Mouth
    • Smackdown 1&2
    • WCW Thunder
    • WWF Attitude

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Special shoutout to WWF Superstars for the Nintendo Gameboy. I played the fuck out of this as a kid.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Mercy was far and away my favorite. I had to complete every branch on the story trees.

Also, loved the ability to play every character in every match. Would do couch coop with some friends, and waiting for your royal rumble character to run out was actually suspenseful. You just got tossed out...who are you getting next Taker or Terri?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The N64 games really brought a lot of kids together growing up. Wrestling was super hot in the late 90's and everyone no matter who you were seemed to love it. I remember many days/nights/weekends in a living room with about 10-20 dudes, sometimes girls, playing the fuck out of No Mercy and WCW v. The World. It brought a lot of people who visually didn't look like they hung out but wrestling was our bond.

We would usually play about an hour of N64 and then go do some backyard wrestling on the trampoline for a few hours after getting hyped up lol.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here ever played Simpsons Wrestling? It was pretty ridiculous yet fun.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Anyone here ever played Simpsons Wrestling? It was pretty ridiculous yet fun.
    I remember that. I just saw a pretty cool picture on Instagram where they turned a bunch of Simpson's characters into 90's WWF wrestlers. Homer was Hulk Hogan, the 2 bullies Nelson and the other prick were the Road Warriors, pretty nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I haven't played them for a while, my favorite wrestling games has always been the Extreme Warfare Revenge / Total Extreme Wrestling series. Always been a fan of manager games.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Seldon View Post
    While I haven't played them for a while, my favorite wrestling games has always been the Extreme Warfare Revenge / Total Extreme Wrestling series. Always been a fan of manager games.
    I can't even begin to explain the love I have for the EWR. I only have the old version from like the early 2000's so it doesn't even work on any computer I own now because the program needs something that Microsoft doesn't offer in the last 10-15 years lol. But it was so fun. I know they have a much more elaborate version than what I am used to but again, played the fuck out of EWR.

Foot on a spiiiiiiiiike
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved first Smackdown on ps1

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will never forget the time in EWR that Charlie Haas married a previously unknown McMahon child making him unsackable with creative control.

Although fun, the early Smackdown games couldn't touch the AKI games on N64. Here Comes The Pain and some of the early SvR games were class though.

War Zone and Attitude were shite.
    Last edited by wardy; May 15th, 2019 at 1:28 AM.

Don't just stare at it... Bagel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved SD1 for being able to rename moves so that it shows up on the screen when you do something. Simple but entertaining. My favorite was probably Royal Rumble for the Genesis. Liked the arcade feel to it but we get spoiled now with bigger rosters, more moves, controls, match options. The PS2 Smackdown series was great as an option at the time but playing some of them now just seems like they were so simple with the controls, as opposed to what we have now.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    netherlands
    In your house.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000. My brother had one for the Dreamcast -I think it was WWF attitude? That one was disappointing given the system it came on.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000. My brother had one for the Dreamcast -I think it was WWF attitude? That one was disappointing given the system it came on.
    I wasn't a fan of the whole up, down, B Streetfighter/Mortal Kombat approach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post

Ohh, so much nostalgia. Loved that on the NES.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    We also played a lot of WCW vs World as a kid with my brother on Play Station.

In college we would often play one of the SmackDown Games after night of drinking. We had an adapter so we could play all 6 of us at once. We would come back hammered. Play a few matches 6 man elimination matches. Then when it was time to wrap up for the night we would have one last match and that would be for the championship belt we made out of cardboard wrapped in tin foil.

EDIT: Looking back I think it was SmackDown Shut Your Mouth