Thread: Mafia Madness (aka RNG Mafia)

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Vote virm
    Taking a bullet train onto one away, without any reasoning or even random thoughts, which everybody else on the train provided.

This vote looks as dodgy as one for Farage.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    There is never a reason to lynch until we are near the deadline. Less talk only benefits the mafia.
    Can't be over stated.

Guys, the quality of play for town needs to be better. Rushing through a lynch which has some pull but is fucking light years away from conclusive would have been another instance of bloody awful town play which has littered the past few games. I, for quite obvious reasons, didn't give a shit last game, but I'm childish twat at heart and really like not losing (added smileys to qualify for the Official Psycho Authenticity Award), so let's calm it down and start thinking rather than reacting. Take your flipping time.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    My point is if we build up a wagon, we force people to act. If Virm is scum, another wagon will build eventually. If he's town, then maybe scum leave it be, but we can look at how people react to the wagon. As long as we don't hammer, the lynch doesn't go through if we don't feel confident in it.

Ya dig?
    Is this a little silly or am I missing something?

Why explain the reasoning another train might pop up and trap scum? It warns scum not to do exactly that.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm playing the new hit craze Solo-Mafia.

I wonder how many I can chain before I find a friend.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote.

JP is talking sense.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Just found it peculiar you mentioned you thought there could be two people on the Virm vote that could be scum and then kdestiny and wardy unvoted. Might not be much but thought it was interesting.

Also, how Wardy wasn't convinced on Virm but then voted Virm because people were piling on and then unvoted.

Doesn't mean they're scum but I do think it's something to pay attention too. Thats at least whats rolling around my brain while I lay on this uncormfortable hospital pull out bed. I've gotten about two hours sleep in the last day and a half so my brain is mush.
    Only unvoted to prevent a lynch without any words from Virm so its not that peculiar

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Taking a bullet train onto one away, without any reasoning or even random thoughts, which everybody else on the train provided.

I rushed it sorry. Need to keep a better eye on these things.

I thought we were building a lynch to test virm then Psycho gave good reasoning not to build up the lynch too early which made sense so I unvoted later if you caught that.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
    Unvote.

JP is talking sense.
    Given the state I'm in, this is somewhere between cancer suddenly disappearing on it's own and taking a hike on Loch Ness on the miracle scale.

Look at the time stamps of the posts in a row. Every word is a struggle today.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Ah JP. You do always make it difficult to get a read on you don’t you.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Okay, so Psycho was jailed and it's safe to assume Kelly and Martina targeted him and failed.
    Why does this clear Psycho? Kelly/Martina could be a cop, doctor, tracker, watcher, bus driver, etc. while we jailed scum. Or consider the possibility of ON/EN roles.
    Admittedly the lack of flavour colour makes things difficult, but I see people jumping to conclusions and possibly jumping the gun.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found it peculiar you mentioned you thought there could be two people on the Virm vote that could be scum and then kdestiny and wardy unvoted. Might not be much but thought it was interesting.

Also, how Wardy wasn't convinced on Virm but then voted Virm because people were piling on and then unvoted.

Doesn't mean they're scum but I do think it's something to pay attention too. Thats at least whats rolling around my brain while I lay on this uncormfortable hospital pull out bed. I've gotten about two hours sleep in the last day and a half so my brain is mush.
    I think this is a good line of thinking. I don't think any of them are immediately scum for it, but this is about where my mind would be at if forced to take an exact read.

You are currently less scum than the rest.

Also, are you sleeping in a hospital bed waiting for the baby?

I'm not eliminating roles or using actions, I just think I know who he is. If he's not, fuck me is there a rant incoming for bad town play.

Yep, forgot that, apologies.
    And I think I know who you think you know he is, which is why I think you have the wrong idea.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Ah JP. You do always make it difficult to get a read on you don’t you.
    Out of interest, what about my posts so far do you think are difficult to get a read on?

I'm not used to mania this acute. It'd actually be pretty useful to know how other people see any impact it may or may not have on my writing. Been frustrated trying to add to stuff I'm working on and feeling somewhat incapable of joining my work of last week to this week.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on now, are you having a laugh?

Day one you get all strokey chin and accuse me of not feeling you out when a cursory glance indicates that's exactly what I was doing.

Now, I'm too confident. Always a terrible game trait, that. I speak with certainty you were the kill target because I have a headbox in marginal working order. You were jailed. Two other people tried to target someone but couldn't find them, the obvious answer being they targeted you. There was no kill elsewhere, there was no attempted kill elsewhere. We have a tendency to over complicate things. This is complicated enough already given the multiple potential everythings. Because of that it makes sense to proceed as if the most likely thing by far was in fact what happened.

For future reference what should I add to my posts to add authenticity for your eyes? Lots of smileys? One youtube video of a random Little Mix song every post? How about offering analysis and thought processes behind it (though I accept it was flawed thinking as I forgot RNGesus on the cross)? Well blimey, lo and behold.
    I really didn't think that post was really feeling me out, though. You kind of just made an assessment of me. When I see feeling out, I mean actual interaction, or maybe a revenge vote, or something more meaningful, not just general commentary.

I get where you're coming from. I think I was probably protected from a kill as well. But the Jailer doesn't usually work as a commuter. People normally can still use their roles on someone jailed, they just can't be killed or do any actions their self. So to be certain that the reason someone missed their target is because they went after someone jailed, AND that one of the failed actions was a kill(they could have holstered, or you or I could have been blocked from doing so) caught my attention. I could be mistaken, but I remember you doing something similar last game. It comes off as a perspective slip, and it's not enough to hang you, but it's something to consider.

I'm not saying change your post style. The problem is you're good at emulating a town tone when you're scum, but I find you are more on the supportive, defensive side of things when scum. You defend obvious mislynches, discuss mechanics, and get more hyperbolic than normal about dumb moves, rather than making as many moves yourself.

Seriously, put yourself in my shoes. Or think about how it is to try and read me when you're town. It's not that hard to believe that it's difficult to look at your posts and not fear an agenda.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to my last post, I'll admit there's a paranoia bias because you're so good as scum, so I have to dissect your posts with more scrutiny than most. Because I've been burned by wanting to trust you too many times. Not to mention I can't remember the last game you played where you actually ended as town. If you don't rand scum, you almost always end up a traitor or something.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always have trouble judging these moves from Badger and wardy because they're both still new and getting use to the hang of things.

Can't be over stated.

Guys, the quality of play for town needs to be better. Rushing through a lynch which has some pull but is fucking light years away from conclusive would have been another instance of bloody awful town play which has littered the past few games. I, for quite obvious reasons, didn't give a shit last game, but I'm childish twat at heart and really like not losing (added smileys to qualify for the Official Psycho Authenticity Award), so let's calm it down and start thinking rather than reacting. Take your flipping time.
    I think it's too soon to start bitching about a shitty town. Any of the townies on the virm train weren't trying to have him lynched immediately, they were trying to get some action going. And look how much discussion started coming out of it. This is the kind of thing that worries me about your play.

Is this a little silly or am I missing something?

Why explain the reasoning another train might pop up and trap scum? It warns scum not to do exactly that.
    Because I didn't want wardy to think there was a trick happening. I don't care that scum won't show their cards as easily here, because to me it was worth it to explain the importance of getting wagons going for those that didn't understand. Sure, it wasn't optimal, but a lot of vote movement happened because of it, and now we're starting to get more posts.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, are you sleeping in a hospital bed waiting for the baby?
    Not waiting for him, my wife had a C-Section yesterday morning. Maverick Hart McDermott was born yesterday at 8:33 a.m., 10 pounds, 3 ounces and 21 inches long. Since then he has had some trouble with his sugar levels so he had to go for observation in the nursery instead of staying in our room. So I've been pulling double duty basically sitting with him and doing skin on skin while my wife rests or sitting there while she feeds him. Hectic couple of days but wouldn't trade it for anything!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote.

JP is talking sense.
    Hmm. I don't really like this unvote. Enough people had unvoted and I made it clear it wasn't about lynching virm right now, it was about getting something going. At this point, it's just taking steam off virm.

Given the state I'm in, this is somewhere between cancer suddenly disappearing on it's own and taking a hike on Loch Ness on the miracle scale.

Look at the time stamps of the posts in a row. Every word is a struggle today.
    I'm a bit confused by this post. Are you saying you don't like this unvote, or that you talking sense is rare? And what exact point were you making about the time stamps? With the votes on virm?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    Okay, so Psycho was jailed and it's safe to assume Kelly and Martina targeted him and failed.
    Why does this clear Psycho? Kelly/Martina could be a cop, doctor, tracker, watcher, bus driver, etc. while we jailed scum. Or consider the possibility of ON/EN roles.
    Admittedly the lack of flavour colour makes things difficult, but I see people jumping to conclusions and possibly jumping the gun.
    I think the idea most are working on is that Martina's flavor indicated they were going for a kill. Considering it was at the end of the night write-up right before the weird thing with Frank(which apparently led to the game event), it does fit the bill. But you're right that some people were making too many assumptions. While logic puts me a little bit more clear than, say, JP, I don't think anyone should have me that clear until we get a better idea of who was doing what.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not waiting for him, my wife had a C-Section yesterday morning. Maverick Hart McDermott was born yesterday at 8:33 a.m., 10 pounds, 3 ounces and 21 inches long. Since then he has had some trouble with his sugar levels so he had to go for observation in the nursery instead of staying in our room. So I've been pulling double duty basically sitting with him and doing skin on skin while my wife rests or sitting there while she feeds him. Hectic couple of days but wouldn't trade it for anything!
    That's awesome, man! Congratulations! Hope everything plays out fine with him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JP Let me ask you, because I am still paranoid about the fact that you haven't much yet.

Gun to head, based on what's happened so far, who would you be most comfortable placing your vote on?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's awesome, man! Congratulations! Hope everything plays out fine with him.
    Thank you! The nurses say everything is looking good so far. Hoping to get him back in our room in the next hour or two. Changed my first diaper last night too. That was a adventure to say the least!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus he's huuuge!!

Congrats though Jarrod, hope all goes well with Maverick!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wagon going down to three concerns me. There's no real pressure with that. Let's get this back up to 4 or 5.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only real pressure if we follow through on our threats.

Vote: Virm

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really didn't think that post was really feeling me out, though. You kind of just made an assessment of me. When I see feeling out, I mean actual interaction, or maybe a revenge vote, or something more meaningful, not just general commentary.
    I'm not generally speaking an early tit for tat voter anyway (I think), but if I decided your early posts just screamed town, why would I put a vote on you? What kind of interaction do you mean? I'd say the commentary was an interaction, it told you what I thought of your play and how it came across. I didn't directly respond to a Day One vote because a Day One vote doesn't need a direct response, as No Lynch is inevitable on Day One.

I get where you're coming from. I think I was probably protected from a kill as well. But the Jailer doesn't usually work as a commuter. People normally can still use their roles on someone jailed, they just can't be killed or do any actions their self. So to be certain that the reason someone missed their target is because they went after someone jailed, AND that one of the failed actions was a kill(they could have holstered, or you or I could have been blocked from doing so) caught my attention. I could be mistaken, but I remember you doing something similar last game. It comes off as a perspective slip, and it's not enough to hang you, but it's something to consider.
    I can only speak of the games I've been involved in, Jailer has always blocked any other interaction. It's how the role plays out in Epic and Salem too. But, if you've seen different, that explains why you're more cautious about it and I could have looked too sure. Fair do.

I'm not saying change your post style. The problem is you're good at emulating a town tone when you're scum, but I find you are more on the supportive, defensive side of things when scum. You defend obvious mislynches, discuss mechanics, and get more hyperbolic than normal about dumb moves, rather than making as many moves yourself.

Seriously, put yourself in my shoes. Or think about how it is to try and read me when you're town. It's not that hard to believe that it's difficult to look at your posts and not fear an agenda.
    I'm loud, but I think it's rarer I lead. There are times I've tried to lead the town but I don't think it's a position I naturally fall into, more it comes about if I'm 100% on someone or I'm having an apocalyptic bitch-fest with Rip because I think we have to at this point, it's law. The issue it seems I have now is that if I'm in a game where I'm not trying to direct or have crucial information, my town play can look suspicious, because some of the things you listed as scum traits of mine can also apply if I'm a member of the crowd without much sway. Hyperbolic is just bolic for me.

It has taken me almost 40 minutes to write that. My brain is on fucking fire.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit confused by this post. Are you saying you don't like this unvote, or that you talking sense is rare? And what exact point were you making about the time stamps? With the votes on virm?
    I'm having a bout of mania and it's impacting how I'm using language, speed of writing, ease of understand etc. It was nothing to do with the game.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Psycho

I would like a list of clear and dirty from you

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kangus View Post
    It's only real pressure if we follow through on our threats.

Vote: Virm
    Naturally, I like this from kangus.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JP Let me ask you, because I am still paranoid about the fact that you haven't much yet.

Gun to head, based on what's happened so far, who would you be most comfortable placing your vote on?
    I wouldn't place my vote on anybody right now in confidence, which obviously isn't to say I might not join trains or drop votes to see how someone reacts.

But if I had to name one person who is making me wonder more than others, it'd be Kotre. There's a marked difference in his approach and playstyle, it feels some actions are being thrown out with not much thought rather than presented with care and meaning, which Kotre has done consistently in the past. Reason I'm not stronger on it, I can also see it being a natural response to what happened in the previous game.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not generally speaking an early tit for tat voter anyway (I think), but if I decided your early posts just screamed town, why would I put a vote on you? What kind of interaction do you mean? I'd say the commentary was an interaction, it told you what I thought of your play and how it came across. I didn't directly respond to a Day One vote because a Day One vote doesn't need a direct response, as No Lynch is inevitable on Day One.
    Commentary is more of a passive activity in my eyes. Even if you townread me and didn't want to vote, maybe ask me a question or something. Another thing where's it's not really damning, but was one of the only things that really grabbed my attention. Plus at the time I was trying to goad you to see how you'd react, so since I was already voting you, I figured I'd keep up with the rose-tinted lens for the phase. Everything I accused you of this phase was 100% genuine concern.

I can only speak of the games I've been involved in, Jailer has always blocked any other interaction. It's how the role plays out in Epic and Salem too. But, if you've seen different, that explains why you're more cautious about it and I could have looked too sure. Fair do.
    I can't remember, is that how your jailer worked in MK? I was thinking that as I was typing that response and was like, "That would explain the mindset." Come to think of it, I don't think Jailer has been used too terribly often on here, so it would make sense not everyone would have a unanimous idea of how it would work.

I'm loud, but I think it's rarer I lead. There are times I've tried to lead the town but I don't think it's a position I naturally fall into, more it comes about if I'm 100% on someone or I'm having an apocalyptic bitch-fest with Rip because I think we have to at this point, it's law. The issue it seems I have now is that if I'm in a game where I'm not trying to direct or have crucial information, my town play can look suspicious, because some of the things you listed as scum traits of mine can also apply if I'm a member of the crowd without much sway. Hyperbolic is just bolic for me.

It has taken me almost 40 minutes to write that. My brain is on fucking fire.
    Poor man. Hope everything boils over soon. And I think that's fair. And it's not necessarily that I expect you to lead or anything, I guess I just felt maybe you would poke a little more. There was a big gap where we weren't playing, though, and like I said, pretty much every game since we've gotten back in the swing the last year or so has had you as scum, so it's hard not to judge purely on that. But I'll admit you tend to be pretty hyperbolic as it is.

For now, I'm willing to cut you some slack, but don't take it personally if my eye is perpetually on you.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody wonderful. Congratulations to both of you. Love the name.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    To be fair to Kotre one would hope he plays this game differently considering what happened last time.

And JP it’s just the sheer amount that you’re posting that’s making it tougher to get a read on you.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho

I would like a list of clear and dirty from you
    NOT SO SCUM
    Jarrod
    kangus
    Stan Accy
    wardy
    Badger
    CWE
    kdestiny

COULD BE MORE SCUM
    Pablo
    Knee
    BBF
    Rip

VERY SCUM
    Kotre
    Virm

And you?

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrod confirmed mafia. He had the baby to distract us from his nefarious actions.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations man. Hope your wife is recovering well from the op and your baby's sugars are getting sorted. Gotta get that adorable kid home and in his own bed rather than hospital.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor man. Hope everything boils over soon. And I think that's fair. And it's not necessarily that I expect you to lead or anything, I guess I just felt maybe you would poke a little more. There was a big gap where we weren't playing, though, and like I said, pretty much every game since we've gotten back in the swing the last year or so has had you as scum, so it's hard not to judge purely on that. But I'll admit you tend to be pretty hyperbolic as it is.

For now, I'm willing to cut you some slack, but don't take it personally if my eye is perpetually on you.
    I'd feel insulted if you didn't.

I'll be alright, I'm used to bouts of mania but normally like this. Generally it's great for if I need to be in a creative mind and get ideas and thoughts down quickly. Just now gone too far that way, so everything falling over each other.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't place my vote on anybody right now in confidence, which obviously isn't to say I might not join trains or drop votes to see how someone reacts.

But if I had to name one person who is making me wonder more than others, it'd be Kotre. There's a marked difference in his approach and playstyle, it feels some actions are being thrown out with not much thought rather than presented with care and meaning, which Kotre has done consistently in the past. Reason I'm not stronger on it, I can also see it being a natural response to what happened in the previous game.
    I like this and I'm pretty much on the same path. I'm considering switching my vote to Kotre, but I'd rather wait to hear from virm to see what he has to say. If you'd want to get something started on Kotre, I'd be forever grateful, but I understand your hesitance.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BBF Where do you stand on the state of the game currently? Who do you think looks good/bad in the virm wagonomics? Anyone that you would consider a vote on at the moment?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pablo Diablo any thoughts on the activity around virm's wagon?
    @Rip Where's your head at based on what's happened so far?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and just so everyone knows, I think between Pablo and Jarrod, there would be a maximum of one scum. Jarrod probably voted before seeing Destiny's vote, so I think scum wouldn't be so quick to vote one right after the other. On top of that, they both stayed on the wagon when it was down to just us three. I don't think both scum would stay on, and Pablo would probably try to avoid that association if Jarrod didn't. So I don't think they're partnered, but that says little about their individual suspicion.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Kotre one would hope he plays this game differently considering what happened last time.

Kotre's play style in the games before this one is the kind which wins games. Not necessarily all of the decisions were great, but the approach to the game, especially the approach to building a lynch case against someone, is a lot of the time key in the late game.

And JP it’s just the sheer amount that you’re posting that’s making it tougher to get a read on you.
    I'm chatty.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I’m hesitant to draw any hard conclusions on people joining the train. So many joined it quickly. But as I learnt when I got punched last time we have people on this forum who can be town but be blinded by lynch trains. Having said that there’s not strong evidence for a lynch on virm at all that should have gotten that quick a response.

I still think if we want to lynch today then virm is a fair one. But I’m not going to be upset if he’s not lynched as it’s just a very weak hunch.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this and I'm pretty much on the same path. I'm considering switching my vote to Kotre, but I'd rather wait to hear from virm to see what he has to say. If you'd want to get something started on Kotre, I'd be forever grateful, but I understand your hesitance.
    Kotre's been lurking for a while now so I assume he's crafting a response. If he's not up soon though, I'll consider it.

This is what I meant by the way, I'm loud but rarely lead as it's not naturally where I fall. You, designating and naming supervisors in minutes.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd agree with JP, but rule #1...

I'd agree with Psycho, but that train went waaaaaaaay to fast and had people jump off as soon as someone mentioned it. Just feels scummy.

I just woke up. Give me an hour or so to get my head on right.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT SO SCUM
    Jarrod
    kangus
    Stan Accy
    wardy
    Badger
    CWE
    kdestiny

COULD BE MORE SCUM
    Pablo
    Knee
    BBF
    Rip

VERY SCUM
    Kotre
    Virm

And you?
    I spent the entire first day being extremely unsubtle. Assuming I wasn't speaking Sudric, It should be obvious who I am. If you have me as scum, re-evaluate.

Consider asking Jarrod or someone else with young kids what I was referencing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kotre's been lurking for a while now so I assume he's crafting a response. If he's not up soon though, I'll consider it.

This is what I meant by the way, I'm loud but rarely lead as it's not naturally where I fall. You, designating and naming supervisors in minutes.
    I was making and eating dinner. Pasta. It was lovely. Plus I'm on my phone, which doesn't help my speed of response.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BBF Where do you stand on the state of the game currently? Who do you think looks good/bad in the virm wagonomics? Anyone that you would consider a vote on at the moment?
    I'd err on the side of virm being scum based on whats happened so far. I think JP is probably safe as well as yourself but JP does make himself tricky to read at times.

If i was forces into a vote right now I'd be looking at

1) virm
    2) rip (suspiciously quiet)
    3) kotre (gut feeling)

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about Kotre being scum. I'd have to go back and read all his earlier posts but he's obviously trying to hint who he is which fits in with his style from Rugrats where he was hinting he was Dil.

Virm and Rip I would agree on for being quiet.

Suspicious of kangus but that might be because I've not played enough games and I've never seen what he's like as town!

JP because he's JP.....well same reasons for kangus really. I don't know what he's like as a good guy so I can't trust him lol!

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count:

Virm (4) Psycho Pablo Jarrod Kangus

8 required to lynch. Plenty of time to goooooo.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent the entire first day being extremely unsubtle. Assuming I wasn't speaking Sudric, It should be obvious who I am. If you have me as scum, re-evaluate.

Oh, I got the reference. But your role doesn't confirm you as town at all in this set-up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I'd err on the side of virm being scum based on whats happened so far. I think JP is probably safe as well as yourself but JP does make himself tricky to read at times.

If i was forces into a vote right now I'd be looking at

1) virm
    2) rip (suspiciously quiet)
    3) kotre (gut feeling)
    Anything particular about the activity around the virm wagon that specifically makes you think he's scummy here?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m hesitant to draw any hard conclusions on people joining the train. So many joined it quickly. But as I learnt when I got punched last time we have people on this forum who can be town but be blinded by lynch trains. Having said that there’s not strong evidence for a lynch on virm at all that should have gotten that quick a response.

I still think if we want to lynch today then virm is a fair one. But I’m not going to be upset if he’s not lynched as it’s just a very weak hunch.
    This is basically where my head's at. I think we need a Lynch today. I'd much prefer Virm come defend himself at some point, but I'll be fine with pushing this through if he plays afk all phase.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotbthat Basement Jaxx song stuck in my head now. "Wheere's your heeeead at?"

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    I'd agree with JP, but rule #1...

I'd agree with Psycho, but that train went waaaaaaaay to fast and had people jump off as soon as someone mentioned it. Just feels scummy.

I just woke up. Give me an hour or so to get my head on right.
    I think it's hard to judge what happened there just because the mix of experience levels, the timing of the vote and me calling out that all activity will be monitored alongside the idea that we don't want to push the vote that high. But I think caution is a good idea.

Give me a rough idea of who you're interested in once your head's on right.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about Kotre being scum. I'd have to go back and read all his earlier posts but he's obviously trying to hint who he is which fits in with his style from Rugrats where he was hinting he was Dil.

Virm and Rip I would agree on for being quiet.

Suspicious of kangus but that might be because I've not played enough games and I've never seen what he's like as town!

JP because he's JP.....well same reasons for kangus really. I don't know what he's like as a good guy so I can't trust him lol!
    To be fair, as I said, in this set-up, breadcrumbing doesn't really guarantee innocence.

You have very right to be suspicious of kangus. Only reason I have him as town is because last couple games he wanted to no Lynch in odd places, when kangus is almost always pro-lynch.

I would definitely like to hear more from Virm and Rip.

Anything about JP that makes you feel more comfortable with a town read on him?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it's hard to judge what happened there just because the mix of experience levels, the timing of the vote and me calling out that all activity will be monitored alongside the idea that we don't want to push the vote that high. But I think caution is a good idea.

Give me a rough idea of who you're interested in once your head's on right.
    I never like it when the first name pitched gets a train.

However, Virm is my top choice. JP did the usual scum thing of saying so and so are town (and it's JP...), Kdestiny is being very quiet. And Kotre is rubbing me the wrong way.

So that's my top 4 as of now.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only reason I'm not immediately scumreading kdestiny is because I've found he's usually quiet and low impact regardless of alignment, especially early game. I think key difference with his Rugrats game is he's playing a little more loose with his vote, and his attitude in D1 with the whole, "I've seen what I need to see" or whatever he said at the end is a good look for him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, as I said, in this set-up, breadcrumbing doesn't really guarantee innocence.

You have very right to be suspicious of kangus. Only reason I have him as town is because last couple games he wanted to no Lynch in odd places, when kangus is almost always pro-lynch.

I would definitely like to hear more from Virm and Rip.

Anything about JP that makes you feel more comfortable with a town read on him?
    Kotre seems to be putting in a lot of effort to prove his innocence like in Rugrats however you do make a valid point that it's not guaranteed. He could equally be "thou doth protest too much" a bit and the breadcrumbing could be a smokescreen for him being really scum.

From my limited Mafia experience JP is the hardest to read because he makes a lot of noise in general and it's hard to pickmout what's true and what's not. I went into Rugrats initially thinking scum and that Cewsh had info, but then he got on at us for lynching Pablo which was the wrong choice. He got us again though. Here to me it's a mixture again. Some helpful hints but often quick to point the finger. He does seem to be cleared of some roles though hut still swaying.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kotre seems to be putting in a lot of effort to prove his innocence like in Rugrats however you do make a valid point that it's not guaranteed. He could equally be "thou doth protest too much" a bit and the breadcrumbing could be a smokescreen for him being really scum.

From my limited Mafia experience JP is the hardest to read because he makes a lot of noise in general and it's hard to pickmout what's true and what's not. I went into Rugrats initially thinking scum and that Cewsh had info, but then he got on at us for lynching Pablo which was the wrong choice. He got us again though. Here to me it's a mixture again. Some helpful hints but often quick to point the finger. He does seem to be cleared of some roles though hut still swaying.
    It's a decent point on Kotre, and part of me feels like if he was scum, he would remember that having a PR wouldn't save him. But I wouldn't put it past him to play the WIFOM game.

As for JP, could you point out the posts where you think he's pointing a finger? Because I've spent this phase calling him out for doing the opposite.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

JP is easy to read. Never trust him until he give you reason to. (Town power role giving info)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this idea that the jailer could be working for scum and they protected me in the hope that I'd become a town leader and drive town toward oblivion.

Thoughts on this ridiculous theory?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a decent point on Kotre, and part of me feels like if he was scum, he would remember that having a PR wouldn't save him. But I wouldn't put it past him to play the WIFOM game.

As for JP, could you point out the posts where you think he's pointing a finger? Because I've spent this phase calling him out for doing the opposite.
    Admittedly slightly biased on the JP thing as I just caught a post reading back saying he wouldn't place a vote on anyone. He did point a finger at me because I was the 7th vote on the virm lynch. I thought we were really going for it but in fairness I should have explained reasoning. I had just finished work and was on my phone earlier scrolling quickly. Virm is quiet as mentioned and I'm drawing on past experience a bit as he was scum in Mortal Kombat. When you then Knee brought up that it was too early to lynch and to give him a chance to defend himself I then unvoted. If he doesn't speak up near the end of the phase then I'll likely vote him again. If he gets lynched then turns out to be innocent, then I'll have my eyes on those who didn't unvote.

- - - Updated - - -

JP is easy to read. Never trust him until he give you reason to. (Town power role giving info)
    Good point.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, that's fair. I think it makes sense a finger point at you would put you in the mindset that he's been doing that in general. He also spoke of Kotre suspicion, but was a hit reserved on that.

I think your voting pattern makes sense, and I think you'd probably be too self-conscious as scum to just hop on there anyway. But yeah, in general, you never want a Lynch early in the phase, even if you have 100% proof.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been good, though. We got an extra two pages out of that little gambit. And even if we don't Lynch Virm or we're wrong, I think we have a lot of stances and behavior to gauge going forward.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Been busy with school meetings and the wife’s SEND conference, she’s off to Leicester this weekend so I’ll catch up tomorrow.

Thoughts then

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is oppression. I am being oppressed.

- - - Updated - - -

I have this idea that the jailer could be working for scum and they protected me in the hope that I'd become a town leader and drive town toward oblivion.

Thoughts on this ridiculous theory?
    Is this Inception Mafia now?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is oppression. I am being oppressed.
    And you earned every bit of it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was making and eating dinner. Pasta. It was lovely. Plus I'm on my phone, which doesn't help my speed of response.

People talking about a drastic change in approach and finding you suspicious because of it, come into the thread, offer little in the same approach that raised the eye in the first place.

It's not great.

I

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you earned every bit of it.

You're alive on Day 2.

Well that's me cleared.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're alive on Day 2.

Well that's me cleared.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that lynch train on Virm is safe.

Psycho - 1:48
    Pablo - 3:35
    Kotre - 3:41
    Jarrod - 3:43
    wardy - 3:55
    Badger - 4:18

43 minutes from vote 2 to vote 7, 20 minutes from vote 3 to vote 6. That is artificially quick.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pushing so fast so quick, that would be a ballsy play so early on.

- - - Updated - - -

Two seconds, hear me out....

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that's more of a dick move than a ballsy play.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that's more of a dick move than a ballsy play.
    If they have the balls, they're deep.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that lynch train on Virm is safe.

Psycho - 1:48
    Pablo - 3:35
    Kotre - 3:41
    Jarrod - 3:43
    wardy - 3:55
    Badger - 4:18

43 minutes from vote 2 to vote 7, 20 minutes from vote 3 to vote 6. That is artificially quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Two seconds, hear me out....
    I'm confused. Are you saying the Lynch built up artificially quick or that scum wouldn't pile on that quick? Because these two posts seem to contradict each other?

I don't think the speed of the Lynch is that alarming. It was early phase. I had pressured people into doing something, and a bunch of people happened to hop on real quick. If it was an orchestrated move, mafia would have outed their selves.

I do think there's a good chance a mafia was on that train, but being so early, it easily could have been excuse for someone to hop off it and later say, "But I voted Virm! How could I be partners with him?"

However, if Virm is town, I'm almost certain there would be a scum between Pablo and wardy.

Also, you didn't include kdestiny's vote.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if we vote out virmy we have enough information and discussion to chew on. So let's do it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if we vote out virmy we have enough information and discussion to chew on. So let's do it.
    I definitely would like to get closer to the deadline first, and even more definitely want to hear from Virm.

If we didn't Lynch Virm, do you have a second option you'd be interested in looking into?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looking at the Virm train...

Badger, Kdestiny, Wardy.

That's my top 3 on this train.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Wait a minute, if the roles are completely random does this mean the scum might not even have a killer role?
    This post made me think wardy isn't mafia here. I don't think wardy quite has the experience to derp clear himself. If he was scum, he would know the answer to this and would have no other reason to ask this other than to look innocent by being ignorant. This combined with his hesitance over voting Virm with little info makes me doubt he's scum.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, still waiting on a readslist from @Kneeneighbor.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and then afterwards I want a list of @Kneeneighbor's top 5 favourite animals.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badger, Kdestiny, Wardy.

You shouldn't be looking at me. I think wardy's alright too for the reasons Psycho mentioned. kdestiny though is worth keeping an eye on though for being quiet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I am working nights now so my main posting time with be about 4/5 hours from now. I will catch up then. Nights are so bizarre. Go to work and sun is going down and come home when the sun is going up.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Unvote

I don't want a hammer to sneak in just in case
    I'm changing my read on Kdestiny. I love this unvote.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm changing my read on Kdestiny. I love this unvote.
    What do you think of my take on wardy? And does that mean you want to look into Badger if you agree?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where the hell is RIP? My natural suspicions are towards the quiet folk and the veterans. Rip is both.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What do you think of my take on wardy? And does that mean you want to look into Badger if you agree?
    It could be that or a newer player playing you. Someone had to take Kdestiny's place on my scrum list.

Someone experienced enough to KNOW how dangerous you can be.

And after someone asked for me to be protected, so you would be a "free" shot.

Someone on the Virm train who stayed on after it took off and got 1 away.

Vote Pablo

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a word I've dropped more often than I should which I will cease doing in case I'm modkilled. I don't mind being rolecopped or investigated by another cop or jailer if that's what it takes (and no not because I'm a godfather).

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count:

Virm (4) Psycho Pablo Jarrod Kangus
    Pablo (1) CWE

8 required to lynch. Just over 22 hours left I think, give or take.

Dat breadcrumbing though...
    Last edited by HHHnFoley_Rulez; May 17th, 2019 at 8:00 AM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely wouldn't even know how to breadcrumb properly.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe go back and read the fourth letter of the third word of each post I've made in this thread.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    How are people even able to breadcrumb this game?

- - - Updated - - -

Have I missed some post where more character names are released with their alignment? All I see is everyone with the same alignment so far.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badger, Kdestiny, Wardy.

Couldn't get even the most basic stuff out come the end of the night, but this was the fundamentals of what I wanted to say.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, still waiting on a readslist from @Kneeneighbor.
    Korte is on my clean list. So is Psycho for now.

My hit list includes Pabs and Wardy. Maybe Badger.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and then afterwards I want a list of @Kneeneighbor's top 5 favourite animals.
    1. Dogs
    2. Penguins
    3. Chickens
    4. Banana Slugs
    5. Skinks

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @virmicious It's been over 4 to 5 hours. Have you nothing to say for yourself?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Korte is on my clean list. So is Psycho for now.

My hit list includes Pabs and Wardy. Maybe Badger.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Dogs
    2. Penguins
    3. Chickens
    4. Banana Slugs
    5. Skinks
    I'm still iffy on wardy, but I think Pablo and Badger is a good look. I did find it odd that Pablo was so eager to vote Virm with me, as I feel he's a little more reserved about his votes.

Wouldn't mind a Pablo counter wagon, here. Just having the one stale wagon is losing its productivity.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are people even able to breadcrumb this game?

- - - Updated - - -

Have I missed some post where more character names are released with their alignment? All I see is everyone with the same alignment so far.
    I don't think there's anything stopping them from crumbing their role regardless of alignment. The key thing, though, is that breadcrumbing doesn't guarantee any innocence in this set-up. So breadcrumbing becomes a good way to look innocent by doing little.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this all because I jumped on and off the virm train?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be that or a newer player playing you. Someone had to take Kdestiny's place on my scrum list.

Someone experienced enough to KNOW how dangerous you can be.

And after someone asked for me to be protected, so you would be a "free" shot.

Someone on the Virm train who stayed on after it took off and got 1 away.

Vote Pablo
    This is a decent shout, as I said to Knee. Can we get more votes here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Is this all because I jumped on and off the virm train?
    Are you talking about the people who suspect you? Most likely.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you feeling about things now, @wardy? Anyone standing out to you as lynch-worthy?