User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mafia Madness (aka RNG Mafia)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    On my phone so a more detailed defence will have to wait. If I’m guilty of anything, it’s of having a role that hasn’t been interacted with (btw this is a bad idea - just leave me alone). And if town behaviour is discernible, scum would be acting that way as well.
    As for the second part, I often read the posts and come to conclusions that have already been reached. This is the first time I’ve been on since alignments have been determined, so I’ll have a better look after I finish work and tell you what I think.

If you want something quicker, the speed of the Knee train yesterday morning was worrying. All UK voters, all in the morning. Wardy’s quip over a rushed through lynch might be an attempt to deflect.

Vote Wardy
    I'll be looking forward to hearing more once you get to look with new lenses. I disagree on the wardy target, though. Which quip are you talking about exactly?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    My take on Badge.

He fucked up.

Either as a newbie, in which case it’s a harsh lesson, but he learns.

Or as scum in which case whoop.

Either way if we ignore obvious targets like that then we open the door to ignoring them every time which weakens town play massively.
    I think you're egregiously exaggerating Badger's mistake. If you want to play that game, JP is also guilty of the same thing as are others. Are you just giving JP the pass because he's experienced? You're not even going to consider other targets?

This is why you're in the POE no matter how much I want to believe you're town.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Some cracking run throughs mate, thanks for compiling those.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think there's much chance I'd feel differently about either train in another game. In those instances, when I believed there was a rush on Virm and a deflection away from a lynch Badger on a weak target, what else would I do but attack the lynch lists? Calling it shaming isn't bad actually, kind of what I wanted to do, but it wasn't aimed at town. Big noise, put them in the spotlight, try and provoke a mistake from someone. Now, obviously, that only works if my thought on the lynch are correct. It wasn't. It was, in fact, entirely wrong. Could not have been more wrong. All of the wrong. But I hope my reasoning rings true.

As for the Knee lynch, sorry mate, don my black hat, it was piss poor. No ifs, no buts, based on the state of the game at that moment, with the information and assumptions we were running off, Badger was, by a considerable distance, the stand out lynch target. I understand why you wanted to bring up another name for suggestion (though frustrating), but then a lynch was successfully launched on the back of what essentially built to 'he's been a little bit quiet'. The 4 days not been online thing was easy to check but apparently nobody did. It all stunk, so I'm going to say something. I'm not always loud simply because I'm loud (mostly though, obvs), it's so if I'm killed my thoughts are there to be seen by those left in the game. Purely selfishly, makes me less likely to be the target for a scum kill if I've managed to throw out some of their names or they think I might attract protection.

But, to clarify (and there is a reason, it's not simply sulking), Knee was a poor and illogical lynch choice with apparently everyone on the lynch not checking something very simple. That last bit too, really? Not one person thought to check or even click the hyperlink you made? It seems unlikely.

So that is still where I think we should be looking. You think I look scummy because me being wrong meant I was arguing in favour of a scum member and attacking the Virm train, which we now know was legit. Can't really argue with that. But you won't find inconsistencies in my approach, logic or game play. And that is where we find the scum. With decisions that don't fit in with how the game was at that point, shifts or apparent flashes of understanding showing duplicity. The Knee lynch was just that, a illogical happening, so I'm sticking to my guns and picking through those on it.
    I don't blame you for looking where you are or being upset how the lynches went down. I even agreed with you about the Knee lynch pre-flips. But you gotta see where Badger was an easy route to go. Plus, you made the argument about why the Virm wagon was bad because of how quickly it built up. Are you not at all concerned about how quickly Badger's wagon built up with almost no defense? At least the Knee wagon slowly built in counter to what I believe was a bad train on Badger.

Also, no, scum won't always make inconsistencies, so we can't rely on that. A good scum knows how to hide the inconsistencies, especially this early on. So to me, what's more telling are instances where someone could be taking advantage of the confusing gamestate. And unfortunately, you and Rip fit that bill perfectly. But notice, neither of you are my top priority targets right now, because I find some town quality in both of you. Just not as much as I do others.

Get back to me on the Knee lynch. I'm curious who you think looks dirty on it, and what makes them look dirty other than their involvement in the Knee lynch.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I think you're egregiously exaggerating Badger's mistake. If you want to play that game, JP is also guilty of the same thing as are others. Are you just giving JP the pass because he's experienced? You're not even going to consider other targets?

I’m being methodical.

Badge fucked up first, until I get a better option I’ll stick to my guns.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Knee's role maybe preventing him from posting? Could this make him Frank?

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flip that coin, I think you have a (admirable) tendency to blinker yourself with newer players. You explain away things which if it were other people would result in bodies swinging.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m being methodical.

Badge fucked up first, until I get a better option I’ll stick to my guns.
    But surely the revelation that virm is scum and Badger almost hammered him makes you at least reconsider?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Is Knee's role maybe preventing him from posting? Could this make him Frank?
    I had actually considered this. Only thing that gives me pause is how that Lynch write-up indicates Frank was someone other than Knee. Mind you, HFR might have just been avoiding giving away his role.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't blame you for looking where you are or being upset how the lynches went down. I even agreed with you about the Knee lynch pre-flips. But you gotta see where Badger was an easy route to go. Plus, you made the argument about why the Virm wagon was bad because of how quickly it built up. Are you not at all concerned about how quickly Badger's wagon built up with almost no defense? At least the Knee wagon slowly built in counter to what I believe was a bad train on Badger.
    No, I wasn't. The speed of Badger's train did not catch me eye. Should it? *goes and checks* No, not at all. The train took just under 5 hours to reach one to go, in that time Badger was defending himself and conversation was ongoing. Additionally, nobody had done a thing for half the phase, so natural instinct would have been to jump on the train. Under those circumstances I'd expect it to be quicker than it is. It looks healthy.

If something not very good is built slowly, it's still not very good. I'm a little confused as to why you're so hesitant to even consider the possibility. Even more so considering what happened to the lynch.

Also, no, scum won't always make inconsistencies, so we can't rely on that. A good scum knows how to hide the inconsistencies, especially this early on. So to me, what's more telling are instances where someone could be taking advantage of the confusing gamestate. And unfortunately, you and Rip fit that bill perfectly. But notice, neither of you are my top priority targets right now, because I find some town quality in both of you. Just not as much as I do others.
    You know I didn't even want to start a train? My initial thought was to lay out my thinking and put it out to conversation. I didn't do that because somebody explained to me recently that I can look scummy when I hang back and just offer thoughts as others act. So instead I put myself out there instead. Which you insist looks scummy. I hate you.

For what it's worth, you're reading Rip wrong. I think he's just seeing the game similar to me in terms of where threats will come from and is refusing to budge because it seems pretty obvious to him. That's pure town.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flip that coin, I think you have a (admirable) tendency to blinker yourself with newer players. You explain away things which if it were other people would result in bodies swinging.
    I’ll admit newbies are weakness for me. But a lot of that stems from the fact I’ve watched you guys lynch new recruits at any sign of weakness before they flip town. Unless I think there’s actually good evidence against them, I’m not going that route.

In any case, I already grilled Badger for what I thought was scummy and think people were too gung-ho in lynching him. In light of new info, I think he is one of the worst lunches here.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count:

Badger (2) Rip Kotre
    Stan (2) Kangus Psycho
    Wardy (1) Stan

Requires 7 to reach a majority. [An amount of time remaining].

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    But surely the revelation that virm is scum and Badger almost hammered him makes you at least reconsider?
    Nope.

Mild ‘hmm’ moment, but nothing more, he didn’t drop the hammer which is the only position I give weight to.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I wasn't. The speed of Badger's train did not catch me eye. Should it? *goes and checks* No, not at all. The train took just under 5 hours to reach one to go, in that time Badger was defending himself and conversation was ongoing. Additionally, nobody had done a thing for half the phase, so natural instinct would have been to jump on the train. Under those circumstances I'd expect it to be quicker than it is. It looks healthy.

If something not very good is built slowly, it's still not very good. I'm a little confused as to why you're so hesitant to even consider the possibility. Even more so considering what happened to the lynch.

You know I didn't even want to start a train? My initial thought was to lay out my thinking and put it out to conversation. I didn't do that because somebody explained to me recently that I can look scummy when I hang back and just offer thoughts as others act. So instead I put myself out there instead. Which you insist looks scummy. I hate you.

For what it's worth, you're reading Rip wrong. I think he's just seeing the game similar to me in terms of where threats will come from and is refusing to budge because it seems pretty obvious to him. That's pure town.
    It is a healthy speed. Healthy for scum to build it up and make it look natural. That’s where I saw the difference between Badger’s and Virm’s wagons. Virm built lightning quick, which felt like a townie rush(scum would not jump that quick, especially now knowing virm is scum). Badger built a bit slower, but with little to no resistance. No alternatives mentioned. Just everyone watching as Badger was made to be the scapegoat. I’m not discounting the possibility that scum attempted to save him by piling onto Knee, but if that was the case, I would have expected more resistance. It wasn’t until I voted Knee that anyone actually considered anyone else.

even if Knee is town, it could have been attempt to give up on the Badger wagon so they can set him up to look bad the following phase. That’s logical scum play.

As for you putting yourself out there, I like that. That’s not what bothers me. It’s the target you chose and the lack of relent or consideration for others.

And I did say Rip’s stubbornness makes me generally townread him. But again, not considering the other possibilities after we have concrete info is a bad look. In the same way we can’t overlook rookies for being new, we can’t overlook Rip for being Rip.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.

Mild ‘hmm’ moment, but nothing more, he didn’t drop the hammer which is the only position I give weight to.
    Disappointment.

I hope you’re right, but for this phase, I’m considering a vote for Badger as an anti-town move.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I agree with Psycho that people are badgering for the wrong reasons. I still am suspicious of Badger even now that we know that virm was scum. But it doesn't have anything to do with our assuming that BBF was town and Badger just calling him town.

When formulating an argument it's not the biggest deal to leave out the assuming part. Not the greatest, but it's nowhere near as damning as Rip is making it out to be.

Now that we're likely getting alignments going forward (I imagine they were just being kept neutral until our vote lynch neutralizer was used) I think going for a lynch is a good idea. Mafia may be OP and town may be underpowered (that's the nature of this specific game) so I don't think we should just bank on finding things out at night.

Knee's lack of activity can no longer be attributed to not being around as he's made a thread since.

He could have a role that can't post but frankly I'm getting tired of it if so. (Sorry just had to do one more pun). I think the way it was written though Knee can't be Frank and it wasn't a flavour thing.

I didn't like the Knee vote last time around because he just hadn't been online. This time though he has been and still hasn't come in. So he's definitely on my list.

I hate working without solid info, but I think someone who was initially on the virm train and then jumped off once others started to jump off

Vote kotre

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Actually
    Unvote

He got on the virm lynch before it really got going.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for at least seeing why tunneling on Badger is a bad move based on a perceived slip.

However, what do you think of Kotre’s breadcrumbing? If he’s to be believed, he’s 100% clear right now.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I had forgotten about that as well.

I do think there was a scum who came off the virm lynch train sometime after kdestiny. I just can't figure out who.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Jarrod1983 How you doin', daddy? I know you're probably busy as fuck, but what's your take on the new game state?
    Busy as fuck, doesn't even begin the tale of the last couple days (POOP DIAPERS!). I've been reading though but don't think I have much to offer. Just got the first few hours of sleep since we brought the little guy home Sunday afternoon. Baby seemed to save his crying for home. So I've been trying to "play Dr." and do everything I saw the nurses and docs do. My brain has been like mush though but just reread stuff and still don't have original thoughts. I don't spreadsheet like some and I can be pretty thick sometimes connecting dots.

In these games I tend to try to piggyback on the more experienced player like Psycho or CWE (thankfully one is still around!) and I've said as much in other games and dead chats. I got a scummy feel for Virm and Psycho was directing town traffic so I voted and stayed. Around this time is when I left hospital. I didn't buy into Badger's train because I thought people were being nit picky and my gut said no. After that I've read but the information doesn't sink in as well as it does for some. I very well could have missed some vital information as well as these last few days are pretty hazy.

Bottom line I am town. I'll try to be on sometime later today and answer anything I can.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; January 30th, 2021 at 5:58 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Busy as fuck, doesn't even begin the tale of the last couple days (POOP DIAPERS!). I've been reading though but don't think I have much to offer. Just got the first few hours of sleep since we brought the little guy home Sunday afternoon. Baby seemed to save his crying for home. So I've been trying to "play Dr." and do everything I saw the nurses and docs do. My brain has been like mush though but just reread stuff and still don't have original thoughts. I don't spreadsheet like some and I can be pretty thick sometimes connecting dots.

In these games I tend to try to piggyback on the more experienced player like Psycho or CWE (thankfully one is still around!) and I've said as much in other games and dead chats. I got a scummy feel for Virm and Psycho was directing town traffic so I voted and stayed. Around this time is when I left hospital. I didn't buy into Badger's train because I thought people were being nit picky and my gut said no. After that I've read but the information doesn't sink in as well as it does for some. I very well could have missed some vital information as well as these last few days are pretty hazy.

Bottom line I am town. I'll try to be on sometime later today and answer anything I can.
    Sounds good. When you get the chance, I’d love for you to look over my analysis posts on the last page and tell me what you think.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I had forgotten about that as well.

I do think there was a scum who came off the virm lynch train sometime after kdestiny. I just can't figure out who.
    Could I get your thoughts on your short-lived wagon and the Badger wagon, both as if he’s town or scum?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I’m more than happy to move if there’s a better option, but I don’t see one.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think @Mikey_Jones has been getting that itch.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, let’s play a thought experiment, then. If Badger flips red, who would you follow up on at this point? What about if he flips green?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Rip

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, let's find out.

Unvote

Vote: Rip

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Could I get your thoughts on your short-lived wagon and the Badger wagon, both as if he’s town or scum?
    My wagon was started by CWE who ended up as town and never really got anywhere. I mean JP trying to get me out is nothing new so I don't read too deep into that train. Just throwing my name out as a potential and at the time we really didn't have much to go on so I'm not going to judge it too much.

Badger...you've made some good arguments for him to be town. I think I'm still seeing him as scum though.

Now for your thought experiment if he turns Red you would get put near the top of the suspicion list. If green Rip. If neutral, then god only knows.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wagon was started by CWE who ended up as town and never really got anywhere. I mean JP trying to get me out is nothing new so I don't read too deep into that train. Just throwing my name out as a potential and at the time we really didn't have much to go on so I'm not going to judge it too much.

Badger...you've made some good arguments for him to be town. I think I'm still seeing him as scum though.

Now for your thought experiment if he turns Red you would get put near the top of the suspicion list. If green Rip. If neutral, then god only knows.
    Solid logic, and I would want to lynch me too if Badger flipped red. If Rip turned out to be red, do you think that would raise JP’s likelihood of being scum?

How do you feel about Stan?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If Rip turns out to be red then yes it would make JP more likely to be scum.

I did think about joining this Stan lynch and I still might. Want to hear his "post alignment reveal" breakdown first.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me ask this to everyone: In a world where scum had free reign to manipulate the info to fit their agenda, do you really think scum just let’s Badger get voted up like that on slim reasoning? If we had flips at the time, I could see scum finding Badger enough of a liability to just bus him and be done with it. But they had no reason to sacrifice a partner in that game state when they were already down two lunches, a night kill, AND just had one of their partners blown up.

It makes absolutely no sense.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It could be if we don't have many other scum who are experienced enough to deflect.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be if we don't have many other scum who are experienced enough to deflect.
    True, but at worst, we’d be looking at Wardy, Kotre or Jarrod as his partners, and I just don’t think that’s the work we live in right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, one of those being partnered at Badger is the most likelihood I’m seeing.

- - - Updated - - -

In which case, I think that theory falls apart.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m also still more inclined to believe a rookie scum team would opt to go all out in protecting their partner than just throw him to the wolves without a cop check. In one of the Champs games that just finished, an entire rookie scum team piled on a counter-wagon to save a partner. That doesn’t make it the rule, but does make me feel it’s far less likely here.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like, am I seriously the only one seeing this?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically though, how likely is it that I would jump on 7th on a virm train putting my fellow scum at risk of a hammer which could have happened any minute later with how fast that was going? Also would my fellow scum agree to that plan because that wouldn't make much sense either. I think it's also been overlooked that I called virm out later for being defensive to Psycho when he was questioned for posting later than he said he would.

If you look at that train a bit more closely, kdestiny unvoted one minute right after my vote before Psycho chimed in to give virm a chance to defend himself which is why I unvoted. That makes kdestiny look a bit suspect at the least as he may have been planning to do that no matter who went 7th. He may have been cautious about the hammer as he said but it was quite quick after my post is all I'm saying.

Wardy also quickly voted on that train and unvoted so he could be suspect, but that was after Psycho posted too and I think he's just taking his lead there. He doesn't read as scum to me but he could be playing dumb. I'm going to lean town though and he's just as curious and confused by the rest of us,

Kotre gave almost good reasoning for who he was watching out for and why he voted me. People have talked about my slip-ups enough but he made a pretty big one saying I convinced him to vote for Knee when that wasn't the case. He then changed it to I persuaded him to unvote now. Now that Knee could possibly be town and lynch-proof (alignment hasn't been confirmed yet of course so not going to assume like I rashly did with BBF lol), but he's acting like Rip and going back to his original thought.

Stan I'm a bit more up in the air on but he did say he would come back today with something more detailed so I can wait,

JP and Rip could be acting in the town's interests and JP wanting a lynch target after 24 hours of no action in the last phase does make some sense. However his vote was this:

If we're working under the hypothesis that Virm was a town JOAT - something I agree with given his multiple role usage and the flavour leaning heavily towards bad target choice rather than scum kill - then I'm going straight back to that train and its ridiculous speed.

Vote: Badger
    Now he could have picked anyone out of how fast that train was going but he stuck with me without elaborating further. My vote was 23 minutes at the end and there were some shorter intervals in between as to how fast that was going which he nicely laid out for (well missing kdestiny out but that could be an oversight). If he wants to criticise my virm vote, then I'm criticising that.

Rip's vote is a bit different to JP's on the basis that I voted for him first and he thinks he caught me out doing so. However his steadfast stubbornness even after virm was revealed as scum only got an "mmm" from him. He could be pure town as JP says but I dunno.

Also there's this mystery vote which has not been talked aboit.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Vote Count:

Badger (5) JP Rip Kdestiny Stan Wardy
    Rip (1) Badger
    JP (1) ????

12 Players left... 7 Required for a majority... About 14 hours left.
    Now giving JP the benefit of the doubt and assuming that that's nothing to do with Frank maybe throwing up a clue then what else could that be? Could someone scummy have a power of a hidden vote possibly trying to throw JP under the bus?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote Badger

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Badger, I don’t think there’s much to learn about the mystery JP vote until we know who placed it. But it was most likely a double voter and could be town or scum at this point.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Badger, I don’t think there’s much to learn about the mystery JP vote until we know who placed it. But it was most likely a double voter and could be town or scum at this point.
    I was thinking double voter but if it's someone else in that vote count that is the double voter then why split your votes and either put your name on the JP train too or add an extra vote to mine?

You just never know with this game though!

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright let's pick someone. I think we've heard enough for today. I'm onboard currently with Stan, Rip or Knee.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kangus View Post
    Alright let's pick someone. I think we've heard enough for today. I'm onboard currently with Stan, Rip or Knee.
    This is essentially where I’m at. I’m more keen on Stan or Knee at the moment, and I’m fine keeping my vote on Stan. I’m thinking Rip is just misguided, stubborn town, so I’m not comfortable placing a vote there right now.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote

Vote: Stan Accy

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put my Rip thoughts and vote aside as Psycho could very well be right that he is acting town and can't see another way out. Mastermind chair for Stan.

Unvote

Vote Stan

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's do this thing.

Vote Stan

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inb4 JP freaks out about the Stan wagon.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Stan has been a little more quiet than I feel he is usually during these and I don't see voting wardy being a good idea from what I see.

I don't want to push this along too quickly, it is somewhat unfortunate that we didn't see about Knee because he still hasn't been around and it would've been nice to have closure as far as that goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stanley the Manley has flown under the radar so far and that's as good enough a reason as any the way this game's going.

Vote Stan

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more for a majority on my count.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    It's like you expect a guy with 3,000 posts in 18 years to be more talkative
    Bear with me, I've been pulling quotes from the thread and want to get the formatting okay.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count:

Stan (5) Psycho Kangus Kotre Badger Wardy
    Badger (1) Rip
    Wardy (1) Stan

Requires 7 to reach a majority. I think there's like 24 hours left!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    FIrst thing, I'd like to
    Unvote

And try to clear my name.
    On Day 2 I voted for Pablo after:
    I don't think that lynch train on Virm is safe.

Psycho - 1:48
    Pablo - 3:35
    Kotre - 3:41
    Jarrod - 3:43
    wardy - 3:55
    Badger - 4:18

43 minutes from vote 2 to vote 7, 20 minutes from vote 3 to vote 6. That is artificially quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Someone had to take Kdestiny's place on my scrum list.

Someone experienced enough to KNOW how dangerous you can be.

And after someone asked for me to be protected, so you would be a "free" shot.

Someone on the Virm train who stayed on after it took off and got 1 away.

Vote Pablo
    Wouldn't mind a Pablo counter wagon, here. Just having the one stale wagon is losing its productivity.
    Okay, I'm game and CWE's reasoning is sound.
    Vote Pablo.
    If anything I was doing Psycho a favour becuase I had nothing else going on and I didn't feel the Virm train was legit. Mea Culpa.

Day 3 I voted Badger following his slip up – Knee and Badger were on four votes each. Then:
    Kdes – 7.08am
    Wardy – 8.00am
    Rip – 8.02am and the hammer
    Which sets alarm bells off in my head, and also
    Knee hasn't been online for 4 days. The perfect fall guy.

I'm all over that lynch list.
    And if my lynch goes through, bear that in mind, because my win condition is Eliminate all threats to Town.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually trust this for the simple fact of the wording of his win condition. That’s what the town win condition is worded as, and while that’s the usual wording, I think if the wincon said something different, he would have had more of a paraphrase. Still a bad voting record. Hmm...may switch to Knee.
    @Stan Accy who are the top three people you would lynch today?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    To answer your question first, I'd say Badger, Wardy and (a long way behind) Kdes.
    Though any scum team with JP on would be bold enough to try the same trick twice i.e. roleblock one of your own to remove suspicion.

I've written up my thoughts as to what's happened during the game. Apologies if it looks scruffy.

N1
    Virm blocked JP
    ‘Henry’ jailed Psycho – ‘Kelly’ and ‘Martina’ both looking for him (1 scum factional kill?)
    N2
    Psycho targeted by ‘Jack’ and ‘Anne’ (Doctor & Watcher?)
    ‘Kelly’ blocked BBF, ‘Gail’ killed BBF (Kelly RB, Gail mafia killer/Vig) (Martina now more likely to be scum)
    Virm (RB with factional kill) kills CWE (Bomb) & dies in explosion.
    N3
    Anne confirmed scum

Psycho cleared – Henry, Kelly, Martina, Jack, Anne, Gail (if Anne is a tracker) (4/5 town, 1 scum, 1 possible scum)
    JP cleared – Henry, Kelly, Martina (2 town 1 possible scum)
    BBF, Virm, CWE dead.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will amaze you to discover I don't like the lynch target or the speed.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah I don't think Stan is a target at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not anymore.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really think Stan was guilty. Pressure voted him to see how he'd respond. I was pretty sure I would unvote him after he explained then duly did.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question first, I'd say Badger, Wardy and (a long way behind) Kdes.
    Though any scum team with JP on would be bold enough to try the same trick twice i.e. roleblock one of your own to remove suspicion.

I've written up my thoughts as to what's happened during the game. Apologies if it looks scruffy.

N1
    Virm blocked JP
    ‘Henry’ jailed Psycho – ‘Kelly’ and ‘Martina’ both looking for him (1 scum factional kill?)
    N2
    Psycho targeted by ‘Jack’ and ‘Anne’ (Doctor & Watcher?)
    ‘Kelly’ blocked BBF, ‘Gail’ killed BBF (Kelly RB, Gail mafia killer/Vig) (Martina now more likely to be scum)
    Virm (RB with factional kill) kills CWE (Bomb) & dies in explosion.
    N3
    Anne confirmed scum

Psycho cleared – Henry, Kelly, Martina, Jack, Anne, Gail (if Anne is a tracker) (4/5 town, 1 scum, 1 possible scum)
    JP cleared – Henry, Kelly, Martina (2 town 1 possible scum)
    BBF, Virm, CWE dead.
    Oof. I wish I could agree with one lynch target. But I'm always down for spicy JP reads.

If you were to vote anyone there, I'd prefer wardy just for the simple fact that he hasn't been pressured yet. Then maybe I can get over my hang-up with scum-reading him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So right now, my POE is Stan, JP, Knee, and Rip.
    I'm not lynching outside of this today, by the way. If we aren't lynching Stan or Knee, then it's JP or Rip for me. I still think there's at least one scum in this grouping we are guaranteed to hit if we lynch through this. Potentially more.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I didn't really think Stan was guilty. Pressure voted him to see how he'd respond. I was pretty sure I would unvote him after he explained then duly did.
    So, I know he’s new and a nice bloke and all.

But how scummy and how many slips does Badge need to be/make before he’s considered a viable target?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had a spicy read to give you. What I have is three days old, went stale within hours, and keeps on coming back up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But how scummy and how many slips does Badge need to be/make before he’s considered a viable target?
    I said the same exact thing about Badger when I was voting him. Why don't you lynch me instead?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had a spicy read to give you. What I have is three days old, went stale within hours, and keeps on coming back up.
    I meant a spicy read about you, AKA "Let's just vote JP." Though, a spicy read from you is always fun, too.

Apologies if I missed it in your earlier posts this phase, but do you have no interest in lynching anyone other than Badger?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm not lynching outside of this today, by the way. If we aren't lynching Stan or Knee, then it's JP or Rip for me. I still think there's at least one scum in this grouping we are guaranteed to hit if we lynch through this. Potentially more.

Oh and again, he’s an erudite and delightful poster but this logic screams scum, and Psycho is so much brighter than this, suggesting we ‘lynch through’ a potential four man list to hit one? Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks those odds suck.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sound the sirens! "Mastermind chair to Stan" was implied as this is a vote to make him talk.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and again, he’s an erudite and delightful poster but this logic screams scum, and Psycho is so much brighter than this, suggesting we ‘lynch through’ a potential four man list to hit one? Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks those odds suck.
    I'm not actually suggesting we lynch through the whole thing. We adapt and adjust depending on how things go down. But having a specific pool that you plan to start with is better than just picking one name out of the whole.

This is really starting to come off like scum Rip the way you attack the method rather than attacking the targets, or even considering the other targets.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Not interested in your ‘mastermind’ post, but that one rings like a campanologists wet dream.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    This is really starting to come off like scum Rip the way you attack the method rather than attacking the targets, or even considering the other targets.
    What?

The method sucks, the targets are weakened by the logic and I’m yet to be presented with a more viable target than Badger, explain how that’s scummy?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?

The method sucks, the targets are weakened by the logic and I’m yet to be presented with a more viable target than Badger, explain how that’s scummy?
    You haven't even considered other targets. That's the problem. You jumped on Badger for one thing and you haven't let it go. Do you even have any opinions about anyone else? And don't give me something cheeky like, "I think you're being a pain in the ass". Is there anyone you think you SHOULDN'T lynch? Anyone that you'd consider if Badger wasn't an option? Who you'll go for afterward?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not interested in your ‘mastermind’ post, but that one rings like a campanologists wet dream.
    Oh because I explained myself so openly and so quickly your scum radar went off? If I'd said nothing you'd still think the same. Did you not miss the blindingly glaring holes in logic that I'd join a lynch train late which would do no good to a fellow scum?

You're so stubborn. No other word.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    1) Badger

If he flips red then I’d suggest Knee next, he’s still oddly quiet.

If he flips green then Psycho as his overt defence is a classic smokescreen tactic.

I don’t do lists, or multiple targets I look for a mistake and lock on it, I don’t do sheets or notes never have so I go on post styles, content and personalities.

- - - Updated - - -

You're so stubborn. No other word.
    And you’re just spotting this now?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are either actung really scummy by leeching onto this, or you doubt my intelligence severely like most others and thinking that post to Stan was a "slip up"?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote

I've got nothing so I'm going to stick a vote on JP as a placeholder until someone comes up with a better plan.

Vote JP

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    You are either actung really scummy by leeching onto this, or you doubt my intelligence severely like most others and thinking that post to Stan was a "slip up"?
    I have no idea what any of this means, individual words, yup, but the collective? Nope.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what any of this means, individual words, yup, but the collective? Nope.
    You're either acting scummy by "locking on" and trying to lead a false lynch or you're good but you're really nitpicking thinking I made a rookie mistake there just like earlier.

Jarrod had it spot on the other night. Nit-picking.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Badger

If he flips red then I’d suggest Knee next, he’s still oddly quiet.

If he flips green then Psycho as his overt defence is a classic smokescreen tactic.

I don’t do lists, or multiple targets I look for a mistake and lock on it, I don’t do sheets or notes never have so I go on post styles, content and personalities.

- - - Updated - - -

And you’re just spotting this now?
    This is actual bullshit.

I don't expect you to take notes or anything like that, but I'd expect with you going on post styles, content and personalities, you would have other things that caught your attention. In fact, you may be stubborn, but you're usually much more analytical. I've seen you be like, "These two are bothering me." The fact that you won't even consider the other possibilities tells me one thing. You're scum trying to look stubborn.

Alright, guys, I've made my choice today.

Vote Rip

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah.

Vote Rip

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go again, folks. It's the classic rivalry. Psycho vs. Rip. Let's fucking do this.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rip has shown no paranoia on JP, he has not considered any other option, and is calling out the quality of my play instead of actually assessing what I have to say. He is outright lying about not having multiple targets(I checked a few town games as a hunch, he is quick to be like "This person and this person are iffy" and seeing him vote in directions to see what comes from it), and seems to be using his stubbornness as a shield.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I'm OK with this.

Unvote

Vote Rip

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really interesting how we're in such disagreement this game, normally pretty much in step.

Knee is the only one there I have slightest of concerns about, and those are lessened even further by who the lynch switched from to land on him. I think Stan looks cleaner than many and Rip screams nothing but town. If I voted to lynch any of them I don't tbelieve I'd be lynching a threat to the town, so why would I?

You've warned us all not to go after Badger and you'll consider it a move against the town if we do. Why, if I were scum, wouldn't I just say as I was looking back through somebody caught my eye, quote a few posts and make up a plausible reason for suspicion? Of course that's what I'd do. But I have nothing. Because, apart from Kotre seriously looking like the scummiest thing alive despite being clear, nothing stood out. I didn't come across anything new to make me wonder heavily about anybody else or significantly alter my perception of Badger's game with the new information at hand. He still muddies the water, appears to slip and, to make the point again, is reminding me of his first game, where he was scum.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Actually if you check my Mafia history I’m more than happy to declare if I think anyone is off, but as I said unless you give me a viable alternative I’m a stubborn old git and I’ll blissfully lock on, especially when I’m on a shitty blood sugar cycle, and especially when pushed, you know that Psycho better than most, other than JP of course.

I’ve got no paranoia on JP at all this game, don’t get scum off him at all, could be wrong but meh.

Oh and if you’ve checked past games then it’s obvious that I’m more belligerent when Town and pushed on a flimsy bloody lynch, so...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If it wasn’t Psycho I’d swear we’d hit the Godfather here, classic hard push to force an investigation that will show town, but Psycho isn’t that bloody stupid.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really interesting how we're in such disagreement this game, normally pretty much in step.

Knee is the only one there I have slightest of concerns about, and those are lessened even further by who the lynch switched from to land on him. I think Stan looks cleaner than many and Rip screams nothing but town. If I voted to lynch any of them I don't tbelieve I'd be lynching a threat to the town, so why would I?

You've warned us all not to go after Badger and you'll consider it a move against the town if we do. Why, if I were scum, wouldn't I just say as I was looking back through somebody caught my eye, quote a few posts and make up a plausible reason for suspicion? Of course that's what I'd do. But I have nothing. Because, apart from Kotre seriously looking like the scummiest thing alive despite being clear, nothing stood out. I didn't come across anything new to make me wonder heavily about anybody else or significantly alter my perception of Badger's game with the new information at hand. He still muddies the water, appears to slip and, to make the point again, is reminding me of his first game, where he was scum.

To be fair, I would think a scum you would be happy to throw a vote on Badger regardless, because a scared scum is a caught scum. So I don't think it would be set in stone that you would find other lynch targets. That's not to say you're definitely scum, just that the simple fact you said, "If I was scum" shows that you're aware of how you'll look depending on what you'd do.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    To be fair, I would think a scum you would be happy to throw a vote on Badger regardless, because a scared scum is a caught scum. So I don't think it would be set in stone that you would find other lynch targets. That's not to say you're definitely scum, just that the simple fact you said, "If I was scum" shows that you're aware of how you'll look depending on what you'd do.
    Except scum JP doesn’t tend to play the sacrifice game, that’s more me

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Damn JP and Psycho both going with the remaining two I was debating between voting on.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually if you check my Mafia history I’m more than happy to declare if I think anyone is off, but as I said unless you give me a viable alternative I’m a stubborn old git and I’ll blissfully lock on, especially when I’m on a shitty blood sugar cycle, and especially when pushed, you know that Psycho better than most, other than JP of course.

I’ve got no paranoia on JP at all this game, don’t get scum off him at all, could be wrong but meh.

Oh and if you’ve checked past games then it’s obvious that I’m more belligerent when Town and pushed on a flimsy bloody lynch, so...
    You're also incredibly belligerent as scum. Arguably more so. Every time I've nailed you as scum, you get argumentative. The point is you have pretty much not pointed anywhere this game except for at Badger and BBF. BBF is dead, and we know was town. That doesn't even for a sec make you think you could be wrong and you should consider who else could look scummy before hammering down on Badger?

I'm sorry, man, but this is classic scum Rip right here. If I'm wrong, fuck me.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think I'm going to go

Vote Badger

More because from there I have a more clear path depending on the result. With Rip either way he flips I wouldn't know who to go after. But Rip is equally as suspicious to me. With Badger we will learn more.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    You're also incredibly belligerent as scum. Arguably more so. Every time I've nailed you as scum, you get argumentative. The point is you have pretty much not pointed anywhere this game except for at Badger and BBF. BBF is dead, and we know was town. That doesn't even for a sec make you think you could be wrong and you should consider who else could look scummy before hammering down on Badger?

I'm sorry, man, but this is classic scum Rip right here. If I'm wrong, fuck me.
    Read.

I’ll wait.

Tick, tick, tick.

Got it yet?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read.

I’ll wait.

Tick, tick, tick.

Got it yet?
    *reads*

Ahh, yes, this is classic scum Rip. Good catch, Rip.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

There’s no such thing as a complicated game, just clever scum and paranoid town.

Play the simple game simply.

A) spot mistakes and follow through Town 101.
    b) muddy waters cause confusion Scum 101

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Psycho if you aren’t scum I’m very disappointed in you.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s no such thing as a complicated game, just clever scum and paranoid town.

Play the simple game simply.

A) spot mistakes and follow through Town 101.
    b) muddy waters cause confusion Scum 101
    Doing it that cut and dry isn't a good way to play. Yes, it's simple. Doesn't mean the lynch targets are always simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Psycho if you aren’t scum I’m very disappointed in you.
    I'll take the shame if I'm wrong. We all have bad games(Rugrats, anyone?). But I still think other than purely for info, the Badger lynch is garbage.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    True.

But ignoring the simple ones over complicates the game and hamstrings Town.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever consider the fact you may be wrong Sherlock Rip and you're reading way too much into me unvoting Stan?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If the lynch is garbage show me a better one, all I ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever consider the fact you may be wrong Sherlock Rip and you're reading way too much into me unvoting Stan?
    How come every time you question my lynch you change the cause?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given reasons for why Stan and Knee are good lynches. I think JP is a decent shot. I would even understand someone wanting to vote wardy. Other people have given reason for such targets. You don't seem remotely keen on any of them, other than Knee "if Badger flips red". So the bottom line is we disagree on a lynch target unless it's Badger.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the lynch is garbage show me a better one, all I ask.

- - - Updated - - -

How come every time you question my lynch you change the cause?
    Quite simply, your lynch is wrong and you've got the blinkers on failing to see other explanatiins.. You're reading my post about Stan wrong.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don’t see ‘being quiet’ as much of a reason, it’s a reason but it’s weak.

And every time he posts Badge looks scummier than hell.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't deny you that Badger's incessant defense of himself is pinging me a bit, but that's also completely within Badger's character. For Knee, it's not that he's just quiet. It's the fact that when he was "active," he had avoided engaging with or really talking about the Virm wagon, and specifically warded against him being lynched(so soon, for clarity). Then he's been MIA. And honestly, I feel like that's either role-related or he's trolling us. If the former, I'm more inclined to believe it's a scum tactic. But at this rate, he's either gonna get modkilled or it'll be all but confirmed it's role-related, so I don't even know if it's worth the bother.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see ‘being quiet’ as much of a reason, it’s a reason but it’s weak.

And every time he posts Badge looks scummier than hell.
    And you don't look scummy at all saying Psycho's reading things wrong too because you're so sure you're right?