Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Mafia Madness (aka RNG Mafia)

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    And that you're unvoting seals it in my mind.

Jarrod is Jack and he's a serial killer now. If you were Jack you'd have just instantly switched to him.

- - - Updated - - -

We got this.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't fall for that. He's grasping at straws because town just pulled this out of thin air.

Vote Pablo

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nope, let's just get it over with.

Vote Pablo

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Kdest no.

It's clear that Jack is no longer town. And that could only be for one reason.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oh well. Jarrod played that well. Good game from him. Shame town loses now.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Also not to be ignored by all this. Of course JP was scum.

That he was alive for so long should have been the first clue.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DAY 6: END GAME

The final three sat opposite each other. Pablo accused Jarrod, kdestiny accused Pablo... in the end Jarrod made the impossible choice...

"Whatever it takes." he said as he manages to surprise Pablo with an electric shock from a broken lamp.

Kdestiny and Jarrod managed to hoist Pablo up into a noose and then pull the rope taught.

Frank went limp...

...and fell to the floor exhausted as Liam swung from the rope. Jack did his best to catch kdestiny and lower him down. Jarrod might have been a killer but he knew what was right in the end.

RIP Pablo (Liam) - Neutral Aligned EN Serial Killer (x1!) turned to Neutral Vigilante by Frank (..I know)

WINNERS:

kdestiny (Frank) - Town Aligned Dreamer (x2 -> Unlimited) -- I'll post this one in a bit if I get time. This was the one to mess with everyone
    Jarrod (Jack) - Town Aligned EN x2 Doctor turned to Town Aligned EN Arsonist x3 by Frank turned to Neutral Survivor by using his power. (I KNOW)

Everyone else:
    Kangus Otis Paranoid Gun Owner -- wasn't told he was Paranoid at the start.
    Wardy Kelly EN x3 Roleblocker -- Had factional kill ability along with Virm and JP
    Knee Martina ON x3 Absorber -- Wrote his role PM wrong and made him mimic (targets someone, gets unlimited copy of power). Didn't participate unfortunately.
    Rip Gail x3 Vigilante -> Survivor -- Went so badly wrong for him!
    Stan Daniel Paranoid Gun Owner -- Also not told he was paranoid at the start. I made his gun backfire (twice, as he had inspiration from Frank) due to his breadcrumb/claim.
    Psycho Barry Roleblocker
    Kotre Henry x3 Jailkeeper -- Made him fail on his final night because of all the crumbing. Amused me, saddened me and almost ruined it for town!
    Badger Iris ON x1 Tracker -- Used his power when Frank blanket blocked everyone
    CWE Elenor Bomb -- Explodes if killed and takes out anyone (virm) who is visiting him (virm) at the time (virm)
    BBF Chris x2 Arsonist -- Would have became neutral survivor once he used it, like Jarrod did eventually. Got blocked, unfortunately.
    Virm Nigel x3 Roleblocker -- Had factional kill ability along with wardy and JP
    JP Anne EN Watcher -- Had factional kill ability along with Virm and wardy

Last edited by HHHnFoley_Rulez; May 28th, 2019 at 1:00 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First things first, congrats to Jarrod to surviving to endgame and winning! I'm so proud of you!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I can't wait to see that scumchat.

Great job, HFR. This was loads of fun, and was very well put together despite it's RNG nature.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    This one was insane.

Really well done. I do admit that I enjoyed fucking with everyone!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very quickly:

"Dreamer? What the fuck..."

Stolen from the internet, the dreaming god is someone who is usually neutral-ish and has positive, negative and useless roles given to them in the form of cryptic (and not always related) phrases. So Kdestiny every night could send me one of the following (I've added explanations, Kdestiny got just the phrases) - also I don't know how others use it but I thought "why should it be blockable, it's all in his head" so when psycho blocks him.. it still happens.

"Lights!" -- once used all alignments and roles would be revealed on death. He only used this D4 and this was after I decided to release a few thematically.
    "Not today" -- Used N2, it affected D3 - it abandonned the lynch. Kdestiny had no idea it would be useful or not because we didn't know who, if anyone, would be lynched... but ... I let you all go on for 48 hours and then failed it. You're welcome.
    "Sorry what?" -- Used last, it would have been that Kdestiny got the night report ahead of you all and could redact bits of information from it - possibly to remove crucial info or possible to confuse you all. Never really got used as end game innit.
    "Seance" -- My favourite. The graveyard had a vote. The ???? was the majority vote from the graveyard... I know, ridiculous.
    "Just a little more.." -- Second favourite, if used earlier would have been massive - Lynches no longer require a majority... The person with the most votes would be lynched, if it was a tie I'd probably use least posts in that phase as a breaker.
    "Pray" -- You get to ask me one question, it could be anything, i would be deliberately vague depending. He asked how many "threats to town" had posted in D2 (up to the point of asking). He got a fucking weird reply about there being 7 .. then 5.. with 1 really serious one (Pablo). No names.. just numbers.
    "It's just not... me." -- Global block at night.
    "Inspiration" -- Give the person of your choice the option of an extra action which can be done silently.. choose Stan. Hence Stan shot himself twice.
    "Alternatively" -- Ok, this one.. Haha. So when I generated all these roles I took the one we use now and a backup one. The alternative. I wasn't sure if this would be "alternative reality" personas or you real personas that you can now remember. Jarrod became an arsonist, Rip became a survivor, Pablo basically stayed the same except now he had unlimited EN kills.. The full list will be available eventually.
    "Aladdin?" -- UNLIMITED WISHES. He may never have got to this, since it was just for two nights originally, but he used it NIGHT ONE and got day/night uses after that. Good job really or all that work put into it would have been flushed away!

He sent me the last one today that would have been useful in the night phase. I know. The role was meant to add something mysterious and "extra". I liked it.

Was this game balanced? Hell no. 11 Town Vs 1 SK Vs 3 Mafia. The only reason I left 3 mafia and not 4 is because of the lack of info and the 2 Paranoid Gun Owners - and no one visits either of them til the end stages of the game.. and it swings it...

Madness Graveyard: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/V9HHLQUYENNB9

Mafia Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rAsSqD7MPJpF

Hope no one hated this, it was fun - if not a little strange to have such random effects and weird balance. I think I'll cut out some weirder roles next time if I did this again.. and maybe the "1/2/3" shot things. I put them in to try and keep some balance but 1x SK / Tracker etc.. not sure if that's really "fun".

Anyway. I have work now. Just spent my breakfast time putting this on.

Discuss how much you hate me now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I loved it. Really well done even if psycho was reading PMS somehow

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you and JP were so easy to catch. It doesn't hurt that I literally just watched you two scum it up from the other side of the mod table right before this.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction: JP was easy to read. Getting him lynched is almost as hard as it is to lynch scum Rip.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Wow, town so very nearly screwed town - 3 modkills (sorry guys)

Nice one HHH - much appreciated

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using my action on JP N3 but silly Frank got in the way!

I got a bit frustrated defending myself and when virm was revealed as scum, I thought that should have been enough as surely people would see I wouldn't put a scum mate in danger voting for him right before a hammer. Y'all should have listened to Psycho though I didn't help myself either though by accusing Rip of being scum when BBF got offed. However, I didn't think of him being a Town survivor.

Fucked up but fun! Cheers HFR!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Still coming off as scum

Vote badger

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for a great game, and my first go at scum, Trips.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wardy, you did great, man. I would have lynched JP first, and then probably gone for Destiny and or Pablo as Scum before I went for you. Who knows, I was sussing you in dead chat, so I might have came around by endgame, but your derpclears really got me.

That said, it won't work for you next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that vote on Virm was clutch. Some nice plot armor you constructed there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Following along for this as a spectator was incredibly entertaining and confusing! Loved the write-ups and some of the arguments/debates from players.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this was great. Complete cluster mindfuck but entertainment as all hell. Up until I got modkilled I feel I played it well. One of these days I'll love to the finish.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I lucked my way to a win! Glad I tagged JP. It was between he and Wardy. I thought Wardy was scum since the Virm vote. I should have pushed that more but was only a gut feeling and had no real proof. I just kept blocking for Psycho as much as I could in the beginning. I found his notes pretty valuable reading back through everything when it got down to the last few people. Wardy claiming he never wins and JP saying to follow Wardy on Twitter gave me more of a gut feeling. Once Wardy was scum, I noticed JP dropped the hammer on Rip which pretty much made me think tag JP. Down to 4 I thought, why wait just kill off JP because I figured it was between he and Pablo. Was not expecting to become a neutral after and was worried about getting the axe but it worked out.

Great game, I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Would you have given me the chance to use my kill on kdestiny at the end there? I know I had to use my kill once and then survive to the end. even with my change role it was basically the same.

I thought for sure I’d have to at the end of the day be supporting the scum and sneak in a kill. So I kept myself just suspicious enough that the scum would keep me alive as someone to deflect to but not so strong I’d actually get lynched. Also my character before the change would have stayed as non hostile until I used my kill so was going to save it until there were only 5 or so left of us. Unfortunately towards the end it was a bloodbath and I waited too long.

Good game. Was very interesting.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I lucked my way to a win! Glad I tagged JP. It was between he and Wardy. I thought Wardy was scum since the Virm vote. I should have pushed that more but was only a gut feeling and had no real proof. I just kept blocking for Psycho as much as I could in the beginning. I found his notes pretty valuable reading back through everything when it got down to the last few people. Wardy claiming he never wins and JP saying to follow Wardy on Twitter gave me more of a gut feeling. Once Wardy was scum, I noticed JP dropped the hammer on Rip which pretty much made me think tag JP. Down to 4 I thought, why wait just kill off JP because I figured it was between he and Pablo. Was not expecting to become a neutral after and was worried about getting the axe but it worked out.

Great game, I enjoyed it quite a bit!
    Congrats to you, dude. You simultaneously won as town and a neutral survivor, and I love that fact. I'm also happy that my notes came into play. I was worried they'd be completely ignored once I was dead.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Jones View Post
    Following along for this as a spectator was incredibly entertaining and confusing! Loved the write-ups and some of the arguments/debates from players.
    I saw you watching the whole time, and I was half expecting HFR had a secret 16th player he hadn't unveiled yet and some even whackier shit would happen.

You should join the all vanilla game *hint*

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing I want to say is I feel bad, because I feel like in each game, I always end up making some push on Stan Accy regardless of his alignment.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Jarrod not only survived the first death by he won it all. Legendary comeback

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I'm not sure if I survive the night. So if I don't, please take heed of what I said on D4, consider my POE, and use these vote wagons to try to determine who's dirty here.

If there's scum on the Virm wagon, I'd say it's one, no more than two of Pablo, Jarrod and wardy.

If there's scum on either/both of the Badger wagons, I'd say there's at least two within Rip, JP, Stan, wardy and Pablo.

Hard to judge on Knee without being sure of alignment, but probably 1, maybe two between kangus, wardy and Rip.

The Stan wagon looks pretty pure, and if he's scum, I don't think any scum tagged along except maybe wardy. If he's town, kangus and wardy has maybe one, less likely both.

If Rip's scum, his wagon is pure. If he's town, Jarrod and even more likely whoever possessed the mystery vote.

A lot of those scenarios include wardy...but is it that simple? It wasn't with Badger.
    Looking back, this list was scarily accurate.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Another thing I want to say is I feel bad, because I feel like in each game, I always end up making some push on Stan Accy regardless of his alignment.
    I felt I was doing quite well on the voting until I started to follow the pack mentality. Sorry for shooting you
    I thought paranoid was the default for gun owner - I saw mention on mafiawiki of a bulletproof variant (shoots first). And there were two of us!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say "never again" but I'm dumb enough to give this another go down the line at some point.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    And there were two of us!
    Mmmmm hmmmm.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had all the tools but nearly beat ourselves!

Congrats to Daddy Jarrod and wardy did really well too and only got done through bad luck. I had suspicion of JP pretty early on and intended to track him, suspicious of virm (but should've explained my vote at the tume) I was leaning towards Pablo at the end and was convinced either kdestiny or kangus was the third scum after Rip flipped green.
    Last edited by Badger; May 28th, 2019 at 5:05 PM.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Knee, of his own accord, just didn't participate further?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got anything from him. Admittedly I didn't poke or prod him but I was at work a lot of the time and don't feel like I should have to remind people. Not like there's a 100 games for them to keep track of their involvement in.

I imagine he had reasons, hopefully nothing serious.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he not in the process of moving house or something? I only remember that because of Survivor.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too busy being the homosexual mayor of Knox County.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Too busy being the homosexual mayor of Knox County.
    The way Chyna fucked him and Tori dumping him, I don't blame him for going gay!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epilogue

As Jack lays Frank down on the stairs of the church, an unfamiliar noise begins to play: an air raid siren. From speakers high above the church, previously unnoticed, come's a monotone female voice:

"Dear participants, experiment 4219-72b - code-name "Pacifier" - is now over. Please stand by for reorientation wave and don't forget to fill out the evaluation forms at the marked exits. An extraction team will be with you shortly to provide assistance." and with that the siren sounds again, then.. a bright flash.

'Jack' looks down at 'Frank' who's out cold, still... but it's no longer 'Frank' - now he remembers.. Andrew? Andrew Graybill? He's ... He's a cleaner... and 'Jack' isn't 'Jack' .. he's Richard.. Richard Herdman... he's one of the catering staff... and oh god, Jesus Christ.. they just killed Maxwell from accounting... What the hell is going on?

From across the street a secret door slides opens in the side of a building through which various men in white overalls appear. They look around and fan out in various directions. A group of them head towards Richard and Andrew.

"Please, I don't understand, what is going on??" Richard was as confused and as scared as he was when this all started but rather than answers, all he got was a shot to the stomach. He looked down and it was a dart.. a... slee...pi..d......r...... *thud*

Mission Status: Failure.
    Recommendation: Incineration. Relocate to site 535-2 and restart.

-- Excerpt from the diary of 'Zebodiah', Chief Science Officer of The New Dawn Corporation.

...to ... be............ continued?
    Last edited by HHHnFoley_Rulez; June 2nd, 2019 at 5:56 AM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote JP

He had Tempest and his other buddies in place as a back-up!

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's a twist. Very twisty.