Thread: Lars Sullivan

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lars Sullivan

https://ewrestling.com/article/big-e...-wwe-are-aware

Looks like Lars could be in some trouble here. Some quite bad comments....should he be fired?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think he should be fired, but maybe talk to someone and realize his mistakes and then he can grow as a person.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should he be fired is a great question. 80% of it I would say isn't even relevant. So what if he called Vince a cokehead and shit on Zack Ryder or thought Daniel Bryan was lame.

The worst thing you could be labeled is a racist. And he did say quite a few things about minorities that, regardless if these were made 6-7 years ago, people will take those comments as if they were made today.

What I want to know is where do these people come from that have all this time to find this shit out? I mean seriously, who was sitting here going "Hey, isn't that the same guy 6 years ago on bodybuilding forums.com that made those insulting posts?"

Again, IMHO, the worst label you could get is being a racist. Context doesn't matter, at all. You blanket the black community and it doesn't matter if your stats back it up or you're full of shit.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's all on a message board too. You tend to say shit to get a rise out of people, and you're hiding behind a keyboard so it's easier to say things that you probably wouldn't say in real life. Probably could find awful posts from just about anyone on here, does it mean that is what the poster really thinks or feels? Likely chance is no they don't. Now if you catch Lars in a restaurant or store or something making comments to other people, that's different.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

What I want to know is where do these people come from that have all this time to find this shit out? I mean seriously, who was sitting here going "Hey, isn't that the same guy 6 years ago on bodybuilding forums.com that made those insulting posts?"
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Who sits down and says "I'm gonna go compile a list of offensive things someone said!" Like the sole intention is to ruin a guy's life. Ruining someone's life isn't going to change anything. If I was WWE, I'd say, ok, he said these things years ago. Let's get him some counseling, let's make him aware of why these comments are bad, and let's better him mentally. You fire him, he's not gonna change, he'll just be a lot more bitter.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, you've convinced me not to write a letter to WWE about him....yet

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never understood the mindstate of the people who seek this stuff out. What is the point? And you know they don't do it to "normal" folks like their BFF who they probably sit around trolling people online with racist shit themselves.

The majority of what I read, the actual important shit not the nonsense about wrestling, some of it was insensitive but I didn't see anything that felt wow, this fucking racist piece of shit should be fired.

Ok maybe a few times I did go, yep, typical ignorance about blacks, minorities, but these witch hunts are absurd more often than not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    OK, you've convinced me not to write a letter to WWE about him....yet
    LOL. I fuckin love you 3pup.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how he can continue without some form of penance.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones covering anxiety stand out. Given his history of anxiety attacks it's possible there's a shit ton of bullshit bravado in these posts, nothing but front.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    I'm not sure how he can continue without some form of penance.
    I agree. And I'm sure he will, it just matters on how he handles it publicly, professionally, and personally.

The ones covering anxiety stand out. Given his history of anxiety attacks it's possible there's a shit ton of bullshit bravado in these posts, nothing but front.
    I thought the same thing. I thought, isn't this the same guy who literally was off tv due to having a severe panic attack? I don't remember the rumor but I think that's what it was.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. And I'm sure he will, it just matters on how he handles it publicly, professionally, and personally.

I thought the same thing. I thought, isn't this the same guy who literally was off tv due to having a severe panic attack? I don't remember the rumor but I think that's what it was.
    Yeah, panic attack before starting a program with Cena.

I'm pretty much normally in favour for restorative over punitive, but some of the stuff he's put down is bloody awful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, panic attack before starting a program with Cena.

I'm pretty much normally in favour for restorative over punitive, but some of the stuff he's put down is bloody awful.
    That's the thing. He said a lot of nonsense, most of it was nothing to get up in arms about. But what he did say that I personally found insensitive or down right idiotic and racist trumps the irrelevant commentary about Vince for example.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been able to read all of the comments / posts, but I must say I think Big E's response to this is terrific.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been able to read all of the comments / posts, but I must say I think Big E's response to this is terrific.
    Big E is a great representative for the younger black men in the WWE.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't a massive fan of his work to begin with. A decent "monster" but nothing special I haven't seen before. Some of that stuff is just vile though and E really hit the nail on the head. Guy needs help.

Bagel
    Lars reminds me of a bulked up Fred Durst. Should just give him a Kangol hat and a Adidas track suit.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've seen people comment that Lars is the new Snitsky, as if that's an insult. Snitsky ruled.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His penance should be just that. Give him a track suit and a goofy hat. Imagine how a racist would like it if they re-hashed his role into the Funkasaurus. Mother's Day is coming up - give him a dance gimmick - somebody call yo mama

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surely falling down from a Black Mass that didn't even hit you is penance enough.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I would rank Sandman and Sabu above Jericho"

HANG HIM!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Normally I wouldn't rank Sabu above anyone, but since it's Jericho yeah you can rank Sabu higher.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Since when is saying you're against relgion a bad thing?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, I did not go through every single post. I cherry picked ones that stood out about him saying minorities are dependent on govt assistance and a few other things but to be honest, I didn't see anything was along the lines of even what Hulk said on the sex tape. But it was enough to where it's like damn homeboy, you probably never thought you'd be in the public eye like you are.

I'm still bugging out about how someone found any of this shit. I can promise you if any of you blow up and become a public figure I will not remember a damn thing about you here. Mainly because I don't know anyone's real name or future fake name in WWE.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think he only got caught cause he posted a picture of himself, otherwise it would've gone unnoticed. But why is shit like criticizing AJ Styles, The Rock, or Daniel Bryan even included in that? Oh no, he said AJ Styles is small and old. Let's fire him! I'm sure AJ Styles was backstage on RAW thinking "Who's this big lumbering idiot?"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think he only got caught cause he posted a picture of himself, otherwise it would've gone unnoticed. But why is shit like criticizing AJ Styles, The Rock, or Daniel Bryan even included in that? Oh no, he said AJ Styles is small and old. Let's fire him! I'm sure AJ Styles was backstage on RAW thinking "Who's this big lumbering idiot?"
    Wrestlers are sensitive as fuck. Kayfabe is dead but they still all think they're the toughest people in the world.

If they kept all that dumb shit out I would have been able to read more of it. But again, who was looking at old ass posts from 2013 on that particular message board which isn't even big at all, and they found that stuff? Just weird.

Bagel
    I've seen people comment that Lars is the new Snitsky, as if that's an insult. Snitsky ruled.
    Snitsky was the fucking man. WWE needs more people like him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Since when is saying you're against relgion a bad thing?
    I assume you're trying to frame that question as close to recent history as possible..

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not politically correct and can troll with the best of them to get a rise out of people, but some of the stuff he said was pretty close to his heart in regards to how he felt

with that said, I don't think he should lose his job, and as Big E said on Twitter, he will have to live with the things he said working in a company that has African Americans and other races in prominent positions

but in this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job. He isn't exactly a big draw and isn't worth the negative PR

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a big ugly fuck and nothing he said or did is really going to matter before long. He's down to about 9 minutes of fame to go.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Lars's push. He was already on the clock. This will only accelerate it. Maybe he'll job to R-Truth.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait til MarkHammer turns out to be like Billy Kidman.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see how he is booked next week, if at all. The problem with a monster heel push is you can't really scale it back without killing the whole aura.

Braun Strowman is an example of that. You have to go all in or it doesn't work.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has since issued an apology saying the comments don't reflect the man that he is today, Whether that will get him off the hook or not remains to be seen.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hogan was fired and took him 3 to 4 years to come back..

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell what they'll do because their punishments are so inconsistent. Some guys get released or suspended at the drop of a hat but others get away with it. For exampke JBL goosestepping in Germany and he still became World Champion, Swagger should have been punished for DUI yet he still got became World Champion. Jey Uso got a DUI yet that hasn't stopped them featuring the Usis regularly.

Think it just depends how much Vince likes him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jack swagger got the dui after his championship run. He was already in a program with Del Rio, but he lost And never recovered.

Also uso wasn't driving, he got charged for trying to fight a police officer

And jbl I hate to defend the prick but I believe him when he said he didn't know it was illegal and was just being a heel. It's no different then Jericho destroying a Brazilian flag or hbk putting a Canada flag up his knows but we love those two idiots don't we so it's ok.

Go back 7 years to posts you've made. You're guaranteed to find some that you no longer agree with. If he's apologize that's great. Let's move on with it.
    Last edited by Donald; May 10th, 2019 at 6:59 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack swagger got the dui after his championship run. He was already in a program with Del Rio, but he lost And never recovered.
    Fair enough got the dates slightly mixed up but the point still stands as he still wasn't really punished for it as far as I know. Evan Bourne got suspended for doing pot and I think Orton technically broke the three strikes rule for the Wellness Policy but only got two strikes (correct me if I'm wrong on that). Also Reigns served a suspension but it didn't affect his push when he came back save the odd mention of it in storyline.
    Last edited by Badger; May 10th, 2019 at 7:00 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Fair enough got the dates slightly mixed up but the point still stands as he still wasn't really punished for it as far as I know. Evan Bourne got suspended for doing pot and I think Orton technically broke the three strikes rule for the Wellness Policy but only got two strikes (correct me if I'm wrong on that). Also Reigns served a suspension but it didn't affect his push when he came back save the odd mention of it in storyline.
    No doubt that WWE treats everyone differently. When you invest heavily in someone like Orton, it's gonna be a different result than if you were dealing with Curt Hawkins. They bend the rules for certain people. But if you let Orton go, he's gonna go somewhere else and make them money, whereas Hawkins won't. I don't agree with that but I do understand it.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt that WWE treats everyone differently. When you invest heavily in someone like Orton, it's gonna be a different result than if you were dealing with Curt Hawkins. They bend the rules for certain people. But if you let Orton go, he's gonna go somewhere else and make them money, whereas Hawkins won't. I don't agree with that but I do understand it.
    Yeah totally, that's why it's hard to call what they'll do with Lars. He is/was in line for a big push but did have time off for anxiety attacks and these posts are historical. If Vince still sees something and can look past his past tansgressions plus the fact Lars apologised then he'll be fine. If though he takes a hard line because Lars is fresh on the roster and his debut was pushed back already then that'll be him.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone think they will job him to Lio Rush?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contract on a pole match.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he may be off the hook:

https://rajah.com/node/lars-sullivan...s-past-remarks

-- In response to the growing story about his past remarks that were primarily homophobic and racist in nature, Lars Sullivan released the following statement:

"There is no excuse for the inappropriate remarks that I made years ago. They do not reflect my personal beliefs nor who I am today, and I apologize to anyone I offended.”

-- As noted, WWE officials are fully aware of both the story and Sullivan's comments in the past but are reportedly not going to be taking any action at this time. A report online even suggested that the company is simply hoping the situation blows over and goes away.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell what they'll do because their punishments are so inconsistent. Some guys get released or suspended at the drop of a hat but others get away with it. For exampke JBL goosestepping in Germany and he still became World Champion, Swagger should have been punished for DUI yet he still got became World Champion. Jey Uso got a DUI yet that hasn't stopped them featuring the Usis regularly.

Think it just depends how much Vince likes him.
    To clarify, Jimmy Uso was charged with a DUI in 2011, and then arrested again in 2013 for violating his parole by driving with a suspended license.

In Jan. 2018, Jey was arrested for driving while intoxicated, which was while he and Jimmy were Tag champs. They didn't drop the belts until 'Mania.

The arrest this Feb. was when Jimmy got out of the SUV Naomi was driving, took his clothes off and squared up like he wanted to fight the police officers that pulled them over. He was also intoxicated at the time. The Usos has just won the tag titles at Elimination Chamber a few days earlier, but nothing happened and they defended them at 'Mania.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    To clarify, Jimmy Uso was charged with a DUI in 2011, and then arrested again in 2013 for violating his parole by driving with a suspended license.

In Jan. 2018, Jey was arrested for driving while intoxicated, which was while he and Jimmy were Tag champs. They didn't drop the belts until 'Mania.

The arrest this Feb. was when Jimmy got out of the SUV Naomi was driving, took his clothes off and squared up like he wanted to fight the police officers that pulled them over. He was also intoxicated at the time. The Usos has just won the tag titles at Elimination Chamber a few days earlier, but nothing happened and they defended them at 'Mania.
    Thanks for filling in the details, I was just rattling those examples off the top of my head without looking things up word for word. The bigger picture though was that they are lenient on certain people.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been fined $100,000 and is required to complete sensitivity training. He'll also attend meetings with community organizations to foster further discussion around the power of social media and the impact of its use by people.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He's been fined $100,000 and is required to complete sensitivity training. He'll also attend meetings with community organizations to foster further discussion around the power of social media and the impact of its use by people.
    $100,000??? He even make that much the entire time he's been in the company?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get the sensirivity training but the fine is extreme considering they're old comments and he probably hasn't made that much yet.

Bagel
    That's more severe than teenage athletes tweets being dug up from five years before their draft year

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smells of WWE trying too hard to appease the critics. They went from seemingly hoping it will blow over to this. No sensible middle ground.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sensitivity training seems legit and the fine seems like they added a couple zeroes to the real amount just to make it seem like they're taking it seriously.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fine him for shit he did prior to employment? That is whacm

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stone the crows, they’ve actually handled this well.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The sensitivity training seems legit and the fine seems like they added a couple zeroes to the real amount just to make it seem like they're taking it seriously.
    That's plausible.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow didn't expect this. I bet a sponsor complained

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh a worked fine. Like when Roman was fined $50,000. I don't understand the fine at all but we all know that no matter what people say, when your bank account takes a hit like that, whoa Vickie

I'll be honest....I'm actually more negative toward the idea of them fining him for something he did years ago as a younger man than if they had just Enzo'd him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm gonna go find dirt on (picks a random wrestler) Naomi and let's see if I can get her fined.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE, as a publicly traded company, simply had to address this issue with Lars. I think they simply hoped it would go away but there wasn't any other major distracting news going on, so it didn't.

I hope he takes the sensitivity training seriously.

My suspicion is that the $100K fine is legit, but they aren't disclosing something, eg. they may also pay him $90,000 for attending the sensitivity training, so he really won't be hurt financially considering he hasn't earned that much yet.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If sensitivity training was needed for shit that was said 7 years ago, then everyone in the world should have to go to sensitivity training

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If sensitivity training was needed for shit that was said 7 years ago, then everyone in the world should have to go to sensitivity training
    Dude....That's the world we're living in. In my world if someone has issues you just throw hands and call it a day. For example, this dude who was so hellbent on finding these old ass posts from "Lars Sullivan", why didn't he just confront Lars on the streets? Why not just go to the next Smackdown Live event, wait for him out back, and throw hands? If you're so pissed off about what this dude posted, fuck it put him in his place instead of this pussy shit people do now where they think justice is only served when your life is completely ruined over some random shit nobody should lose sleep over.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a manager at my job, I had to take a few sensitivity training courses 10 years ago (sexual harassment, religious / racial bias training, etc.) Obviously it didn't work since I still can be an arse. But it did make me reflect on my early points in my career, as stuff that was common place years ago is no longer tolerated. This is progress, but there is still a ways to go.

I look at in a similar way that I look at drunk driving education. Here in CT, when a teen applies for a driver's license, they have to attend - with a parent - a two-hour drunk driving education course. This is a condensed version of the 8 hour courses (mostly watching videos) that people who were caught drunk driving have to go through in order to get a license unsuspended. Some of the videos can be done well, but it isn't the course, what matters is whether or not the attendee is paying any attention to it.

It used to be a common activity in high school for kids to predict who, among their classmates, would be killed drunk driving before they got to college. Because kids accepted they'd probably be attending a funeral. Finally, they improved car safety (airbags and antilock brakes became mandatory) but they also changed a few laws/requirements. It all made a difference - kids are not getting killed at the same rates they were just a couple generations ago.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a story from way back that some writer proposed the "cryogenically frozen Nazi" storyline for Heidenreich and Vince was so appalled by it that he just stood up and walked out of the room.

Just saying I don't think Vince wants to promote any kind of stupid white power bullshit but when they like a guy they tend to bury their heads in the sand about shit like this. And who knows? When you're inside the bubble sometimes you don't get all the info. At any rate a company like WWE HAS to see the public relations nightmare waiting to happen here now.

The only reason it hasn't blown up in their face more than this is Sullivan isn't much of a name yet. But this story is forever tied to him. The harder they push him and the bigger of a name he becomes the bigger this story will be. I think this is the end of Lars even if they don't quite realize it yet.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; May 14th, 2019 at 6:06 PM.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    100k is an utterly absurd figure and “sensitivity training” is a hollow ritualistic gesture

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being fined $100,000 for things he said on a message board years ago is ludicrous.

Bagel
    Right-o. If anything it was probably no greater than $1,000 and an upcoming segment with Dr. Shelby.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Corporations are jumping for joy about how much more power these outrage crusades give them. WWE was even able to force Lars to work for them for free!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a manager at my job, I had to take a few sensitivity training courses 10 years ago (sexual harassment, religious / racial bias training, etc.) Obviously it didn't work since I still can be an arse. But it did make me reflect on my early points in my career, as stuff that was common place years ago is no longer tolerated. This is progress, but there is still a ways to go.

I look at in a similar way that I look at drunk driving education. Here in CT, when a teen applies for a driver's license, they have to attend - with a parent - a two-hour drunk driving education course. This is a condensed version of the 8 hour courses (mostly watching videos) that people who were caught drunk driving have to go through in order to get a license unsuspended. Some of the videos can be done well, but it isn't the course, what matters is whether or not the attendee is paying any attention to it.

It used to be a common activity in high school for kids to predict who, among their classmates, would be killed drunk driving before they got to college. Because kids accepted they'd probably be attending a funeral. Finally, they improved car safety (airbags and antilock brakes became mandatory) but they also changed a few laws/requirements. It all made a difference - kids are not getting killed at the same rates they were just a couple generations ago.
    No offense dude but this was not a common activity for probably anyone here on this Earth other than you and whatever weird cult you belonged to.

When I type this out I am laughing a little inside so don't take that too seriously but damn....that's some odd shit you were doing.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder what size trunks Lars Sullivan wears. He's a big guy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I still don't understand how you can fine a guy who said shit on an online messageboard 7 years ago. Like if he said it 7 days ago, sure fine, release the guy, whatever the fuck you want to do.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand how you can fine a guy who said shit on an online messageboard 7 years ago. Like if he said it 7 days ago, sure fine, release the guy, whatever the fuck you want to do.
    I wonder if they have talent sign some disclosure statement, much like attesting that you're not lying when you submit a background check, that there's nothing out there that could come back and create a PR embarrassment for the company. Especially since the Hogan debacle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the fine is a work

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree with you Donald - the WWE doesn't come out of this looking good. They must have figured that since they already were getting bad PR for hoping this would fade away without them saying anything, they finally realized they had to do something. Also, they didn't want to risk not doing enough, because it points the blame at them for doing a shitty job vetting him before he was hired. So they went overboard with announcing a fine on top of the sensitivity training. At this point, it's better for them to be too harsh on him than not harsh enough.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree with you Donald - the WWE doesn't come out of this looking good. They must have figured that since they already were getting bad PR for hoping this would fade away without them saying anything, they finally realized they had to do something. Also, they didn't want to risk not doing enough, because it points the blame at them for doing a shitty job vetting him before he was hired. So they went overboard with announcing a fine on top of the sensitivity training. At this point, it's better for them to be too harsh on him than not harsh enough.
    If you think the WWE should comb the internet for any possible trace of past "racist" views and such, good luck on that homeboy. For all you know I'm Triple H.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was apparently pretty easy to find, even though it was 7 years ago. Don't you think that the WWE wishes they had completed even a cursory review of his prior posts?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the OP linked article says it was a 'yet-to-be-confirmed' account, so I'm not entirely sure a 'cursory review' would've necessarily picked up on it.

Bagel
    WWE will come up with something to repackage him and a futuristic look and rename him Mars Sullivan. Brand new guy. Lars is scrubbed from WWE history.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was apparently pretty easy to find, even though it was 7 years ago. Don't you think that the WWE wishes they had completed even a cursory review of his prior posts?
    How much do you even know about this story?

I would love to know how you think they should have gone about this. Should they start having future employees submit a comprehensive breakdown of the websites and message boards they've visited, contributed, etc. Including their personal e-mail accounts just in case 10 years ago they e-mailed a former friend something about how black people rely on welfare more than any other race because who knows, that friend might seek to ruin said person's life by revealing it....

You're ridiculous.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And let's be real honest here people.....Vince McMahon is a Republican. He's as Republican as they come. Everything Lars said 7-8 years ago you could hear out of the mouths of 99% of Republicans. That 1% are the ones I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

It's not like Linda McMahon was out there wearing a pussy hat.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    WWE will come up with something to repackage him and a futuristic look and rename him Mars Sullivan. Brand new guy. Lars is scrubbed from WWE history.
    He comes out dressed in a Mars wrapper and he's here to "Work, rest and play"?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social Media checks for high profile/celebrity/endorsement positions are fairly common at this point. Certainly they don't catch everything (private emails, burner accounts, etc). But there are some pretty good companies out there. Based on the last few years, something WWE probably needs to implement.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be repackaged as Cars Sullivan. And he's the illegitimate son of Sparky Plugg. Explains why he's so angry.

Bagel
    Or a hazmat suit and he's Sars Sullivan

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    He should be repackaged as Cars Sullivan. And he's the illegitimate son of Sparky Plugg. Explains why he's so angry.
    Or Pars Sullivan and Dolph can be a caddy again.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    SARS Sullivan, so the audience gets infected!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that the Bar is no more, Bars Sullivan. "I don't just set the bars, I AM THE BARS!"

Fars Sullivan where he doesn't apoear because he's always far away.

Tars Sullivan where his finisher is splashing his opponent with a wheelbarrow of tarmac and he calls it "One For The Road"

Or a Star Wars gimmick called "Hars Sullo(van)

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary Numan needs to do the entrance too if WWE throw him enough money.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or have him get beaten and bloodied, and off TV for a while, then come back with his wounds healed, he will be called Scars Sullivan.

More likely, they will repackage him and simply drop his last name.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social Media checks for high profile/celebrity/endorsement positions are fairly common at this point. Certainly they don't catch everything (private emails, burner accounts, etc). But there are some pretty good companies out there. Based on the last few years, something WWE probably needs to implement.
    Yes, and I would imagine that those high profile celebrities like Brad Pitt for example isn't posting as BRAD PITT on a bodybuilding message board.

Yes, it's easy for me as a company looking to hire Kenny Omega and going through his social media to find anything that some bitch ass nerd would find and try to exploit. But how about when Kenny Omega was 25 and posted on the Pokemon message board over on GameFAQs as "PikaPika69"?

The WWE should sign this fucking magician that found Lars' old ass posts and have him be the one scouring the internet for Republican views.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know why the WWE don't turn this into a storyline. Lars the message board geek saying naughty things versus the oh so righteous Big E Langston.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or have him get beaten and bloodied, and off TV for a while, then come back with his wounds healed, he will be called Scars Sullivan.

More likely, they will repackage him and simply drop his last name.
    Or we're doing five letters now? In that case:

Spars Sullivan where he gets Mero's old boxing gimmick.

Stars Sullivan where they give him Cody's old gimmick.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Badger

When I saw "Stars Sullivan" I thought of Nemesis from Resident Evil "STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS"

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and I would imagine that those high profile celebrities like Brad Pitt for example isn't posting as BRAD PITT on a bodybuilding message board.

Yes, it's easy for me as a company looking to hire Kenny Omega and going through his social media to find anything that some bitch ass nerd would find and try to exploit. But how about when Kenny Omega was 25 and posted on the Pokemon message board over on GameFAQs as "PikaPika69"?

The WWE should sign this fucking magician that found Lars' old ass posts and have him be the one scouring the internet for Republican views.
    It's true. They're not.....that's why you do the professional search. Kind of the point of the business model.

Many profiles have email addresses, linking info, etc. You might be surprised how many places sell your data. Again, you don't catch anything, but I think you're thinking a baseline search takes a lot more sorcery than it typically does. The good ones aren't cheap though. They likely employ some of the bitch ass nerds you mention.

And to really be clear the WWE, over the last several years, has missed things on twitter. Freaking twitter. I am not sure how much magic and evil sorcery would be required to have a better analysis.

I do agree that I'm not sure how well some higher ups in WWE would do with evaluating said data.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really punish lars.

Make him love communism. have him pretend to be a russian historian..

Tsars Sullivan

Bagel
    No mention of Dars Sullivan, or make him a bodyguard to Noam Dar and he can be Dar's Sullivan. Since WWE likes to shorten people's names down to a single one.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true. They're not.....that's why you do the professional search. Kind of the point of the business model.

Many profiles have email addresses, linking info, etc. You might be surprised how many places sell your data. Again, you don't catch anything, but I think you're thinking a baseline search takes a lot more sorcery than it typically does. The good ones aren't cheap though. They likely employ some of the bitch ass nerds you mention.

And to really be clear the WWE, over the last several years, has missed things on twitter. Freaking twitter. I am not sure how much magic and evil sorcery would be required to have a better analysis.

I do agree that I'm not sure how well some higher ups in WWE would do with evaluating said data.
    So what you're telling me is that someone from the WWE can come on Rajah and ask the admin for all of our personal e-mails to find out which one of us is possibly a new signee based on.....?

I'm just trying to figure out where you would start if you're Vince McMahon trying to make sure none of your employees have ever been on a message board, anonymously as 99.9% of the people on here don't have their real fucking name as their username, how do you find this stuff?

Sure, like I said, it's super easy to go to someone's personal twitter page and skim that. I'd like to know what wrestler's twitter feed you're speaking about.

A bunch of Capt Hindsight's roaming around with that mentality if you ask me.

If you knew anything about the story, which I assume you and others thinking the WWE should have caught this know almost nothing about it, then you'd know this wasn't some easy find that you or I would have been able to find ourselves. Why didn't anyone catch it sooner? Because it was so fucking random lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of half-educated guesses would be either someone who knows Lars personally or a better one would be someone who posts on that forum. It's not one I post at personally but you'd think there'd be more moderation of those comments or they'd ban him at some point rather than let it go on for five years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of half-educated guesses would be either someone who knows Lars personally or a better one would be someone who posts on that forum. It's not one I post at personally but you'd think there'd be more moderation of those comments or they'd ban him at some point rather than let it go on for five years.
    Well basically what happened was someone saw a post from way back with a picture of Lars in it so they put 2 and 2 together with who posted it and boom, here we are. Now that Lars is on the main roster, more eyes are on him, someone recognized him and did what any internet nerd would do when jealous of someone's success. They try to ruin their lives. That's the world we live in. I'd put money on it the dude who outed Lars probably agreed with Lars back in the day.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well basically what happened was someone saw a post from way back with a picture of Lars in it so they put 2 and 2 together with who posted it and boom, here we are. Now that Lars is on the main roster, more eyes are on him, someone recognized him and did what any internet nerd would do when jealous of someone's success. They try to ruin their lives. That's the world we live in. I'd put money on it the dude who outed Lars probably agreed with Lars back in the day.
    Either way it says something about the lack of moderation on those boards if Lars Hammer McWhoreface was allowed to continue for years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way it says something about the lack of moderation on those boards if Lars Hammer McWhoreface was allowed to continue for years.
    Truth is most boards don't give a shit about that stuff. The only reason it's barely policed here is because only 20-30 people post here on a regular. Even then, most of the stuff Lars said wasn't bad at all. OMG he said Daniel Bryan sucked! Who fuckin cares? Oh he said Stephanie was fuckable, well, I'm pretty sure that's about half the planet who's watched her over the years.

He had 2-3 nuggets of horseshit that in a way trumped all the other nonsense. And again, 6-7 years ago, while not that long ago, people weren't ready to burn you at the stake for saying 90% of the stuff he said. He just said a bunch of ignorant shit that I've heard people say forever, even this very second someone is on social media talking about how Vince is a cokehead and black people are on welfare. Doesn't really trigger me.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth is most boards don't give a shit about that stuff. The only reason it's barely policed here is because only 20-30 people post here on a regular. Even then, most of the stuff Lars said wasn't bad at all. OMG he said Daniel Bryan sucked! Who fuckin cares? Oh he said Stephanie was fuckable, well, I'm pretty sure that's about half the planet who's watched her over the years.

He had 2-3 nuggets of horseshit that in a way trumped all the other nonsense. And again, 6-7 years ago, while not that long ago, people weren't ready to burn you at the stake for saying 90% of the stuff he said. He just said a bunch of ignorant shit that I've heard people say forever, even this very second someone is on social media talking about how Vince is a cokehead and black people are on welfare. Doesn't really trigger me.
    Oh not all the stuff is that bad, but the rotten apples were really rotten plus different people have different triggers. Also that forum's much larger than this place so being a much bigger forum (I just looked and it has 17 odd million members). Maybe me being naive you'd think the level of moderation would be higher with more moderators or maybe it has so many memvers because it's less policed.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh not all the stuff is that bad, but the rotten apples were really rotten plus different people have different triggers. Also that forum's much larger than this place so being a much bigger forum (I just looked and it has 17 odd million members). Maybe me being naive you'd think the level of moderation would be higher with more moderators or maybe it has so many memvers because it's less policed.
    I would bet the house that's all it is. They don't have the manpower to police every single post especially if nobody is reporting it. Which back then I highly doubt they were. It is for sure easier to police a board like this because it's so inclusive. If this board had a million active members actually posting every day no way they would be able to police every little ignorant statement.