User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

  1. #1
    a e s t h e t i c
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    psalm 23:4
    Posts
    42,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158728
    portugal

    Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles



    It's the crossover you never knew you needed, but the Turtles are teaming up with the Dark Knight and I fucking love it.

  2. #2
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,562
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    85415
    I'm not 100% on the art style, but it looks a lot better than the Rise of the TMNT. The trailer makes it look pretty great, so I'm definitely gonna check this out.

  3. #3
    hotthickbutteredtoast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,692
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198081
    I'm on board.

  4. #4
    a e s t h e t i c
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    psalm 23:4
    Posts
    42,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158728
    portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I'm not 100% on the art style, but it looks a lot better than the Rise of the TMNT. The trailer makes it look pretty great, so I'm definitely gonna check this out.
    I’ve only seen two episodes of Rise. I think I’d enjoy it, but I don’t have cable and don’t really care to hunt it down either.

    Would have preferred if this was done in the 2012 style because that show rocks.

  5. #5
    a e s t h e t i c
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    psalm 23:4
    Posts
    42,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158728
    portugal
    Mth, re: your rep

    i love goofy shows like Teen Titans Go, so I’m willining to give Rise a shot. It looks fun and it challenges the TMNT norms of the last 30 years.

    im also currently doing a rewatch of the 2012 Turtles with my oldest daughter and she loves it. Splinter is her favorite because he’s “a mouse”, so she goes apeshit whenever he shows up on screen.

  6. #6
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    29,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    258106
    I can't wait. I read 1 of the recent comics, it was pretty awesome so to see they're doing a movie....

    Anyone see that Batman Ninja animated movie?

  7. #7
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I don't really know.
    Posts
    15,379
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348642
    demrepcongo
    If they're teaming up, why is called Batman vs the Turtles?

  8. #8
    a e s t h e t i c
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    psalm 23:4
    Posts
    42,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158728
    portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I can't wait. I read 1 of the recent comics, it was pretty awesome so to see they're doing a movie....

    Anyone see that Batman Ninja animated movie?
    I started reading the OG Black & White comics a few months ago. There’s some dark shit in there.

    And that Batman ninja movie is dope! Right on par with most of those one-shot animated movies where it’s assume as fuck and I want more, but you know there won’t be a sequel

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If they're teaming up, why is called Batman vs the Turtles?
    thats how crossovers are usually titled

  9. #9
    hotthickbutteredtoast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,692
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198081
    Ninja Batman was nutty as hell but really fun, too. Loved the art/animation style.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Mth, re: your rep

    i love goofy shows like Teen Titans Go, so I’m willining to give Rise a shot. It looks fun and it challenges the TMNT norms of the last 30 years.

    im also currently doing a rewatch of the 2012 Turtles with my oldest daughter and she loves it. Splinter is her favorite because he’s “a mouse”, so she goes apeshit whenever he shows up on screen.
    Yeah, i think it's silly as hell that all these people are shitting all over Rise just because it's trying new stuff and a fresh, different approach. The franchise has been around for 30-odd years, let them mix things up for once. It doesn't erase the past. But literally every FB post their page makes about it has mad reactions and comments from people who need to post their hate. just don't watch it, you dopes. Also, TTG! is wonderful.

    I've got all the 2012 show no DVD but never got to finish it. Bought the final one (with the cool post-apocalyptic stuff, the monsters, and the Usagi Yojimbo crossover) but never watched it as our DVD palyer crapped out and we never got a new one hooked up. Really need to get around to seeing it, though, because I fucking love Usagi and Frankenstein and the one has RAPH WITH A BEARD.

  10. #10
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    29,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    258106
    I've tried my hardest to get into anything TMNT cartoon related since the 90's and I just can't. I'm also not really a big fan of the animation we see in general with shows that are Nick, Cartoon Network, it just doesn't have the same depth and detail as what we see from our Japanese brothers and sisters.

    And I could very well be uneducated and these Nicktoons versions of TMNT could be Japanese animators as well. The live action movies are really cool, the cartoons fall short. I am also someone who is very much so "My era was better!" when it comes to things like TMNT. I'm the same way about X-Men, I can't stand the versions that have came out in the last 15+ years because the 90's was like pulling it straight off the page and putting it on t.v.

  11. #11
    a e s t h e t i c
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    psalm 23:4
    Posts
    42,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158728
    portugal
    That’s actually really funny, because I find the 80’s cartoon to be pretty boring due to all the restrictions on what the Turtles could do, plus the syndicated style of presentation. I first got into the Turtles with the 90’s live-action series, “The Next Mutation”. Went back and watched it recently since it’s on a Netflix and holy shit, it is DREADFUL! Still, it got me into the old movies because I loved that live-action style. I really enjoyed the 2003 and 2012 TNNT shows in different ways.

    Theres a great crossover between the 2012 and the 80s Turtles. I think it was a two-parter. Real easy to find on Yiutube and I think you’d get a kick out of it. They really poke fun at a lot of the tropes in the old show.

  12. #12
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    29,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    258106
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    That’s actually really funny, because I find the 80’s cartoon to be pretty boring due to all the restrictions on what the Turtles could do, plus the syndicated style of presentation. I first got into the Turtles with the 90’s live-action series, “The Next Mutation”. Went back and watched it recently since it’s on a Netflix and holy shit, it is DREADFUL! Still, it got me into the old movies because I loved that live-action style. I really enjoyed the 2003 and 2012 TNNT shows in different ways.

    Theres a great crossover between the 2012 and the 80s Turtles. I think it was a two-parter. Real easy to find on Yiutube and I think you’d get a kick out of it. They really poke fun at a lot of the tropes in the old show.
    Oh God that show, I didn't watch it originally because I think I was like 17 and I never got into like Power Ranges and shit like that, I missed it by a few years as my brother is 3 years younger and was into all that shit. I did catch an ep on Netflix, fucking sucked lol.

    Again like I said I'm an era-snob lol. If I was your age I would probably be less into the 80's/early 90's stuff because I see it with my kids when we bust out old movies and video games.

  13. #13
    Playing catch with my boy Yadi. Cards4Lyfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Skank Louis. Home of all the skanks.
    Posts
    39,403
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    474925
    germany
    Haven't seen the trailer no read any comments in this thread but I will be watching it.

  14. #14
    a e s t h e t i c
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    psalm 23:4
    Posts
    42,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158728
    portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Oh God that show, I didn't watch it originally because I think I was like 17 and I never got into like Power Ranges and shit like that, I missed it by a few years as my brother is 3 years younger and was into all that shit. I did catch an ep on Netflix, fucking sucked lol.

    Again like I said I'm an era-snob lol. If I was your age I would probably be less into the 80's/early 90's stuff because I see it with my kids when we bust out old movies and video games.
    Funny you mention Power Rangers cause it was produced by Saban, who brought Super Sentai over to the states as “Power Rangers”. Next Mutation and the Japanese anime are the only Turtles properties that Nick doesn’t own.

  15. #15
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    25,218
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    377851
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    That’s actually really funny, because I find the 80’s cartoon to be pretty boring due to all the restrictions on what the Turtles could do, plus the syndicated style of presentation. I first got into the Turtles with the 90’s live-action series, “The Next Mutation”. Went back and watched it recently since it’s on a Netflix and holy shit, it is DREADFUL! Still, it got me into the old movies because I loved that live-action style. I really enjoyed the 2003 and 2012 TNNT shows in different ways.

    Theres a great crossover between the 2012 and the 80s Turtles. I think it was a two-parter. Real easy to find on Yiutube and I think you’d get a kick out of it. They really poke fun at a lot of the tropes in the old show.
    i just watched the first live action turtles flick about two weeks ago and it's wacky how well it holds up. outside of some dated slang, it's great.

  16. #16
    Champ is Gone
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    32,325
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58990
    I read the comics this is based on and the story was so much better than it had any right to be.

  17. #17
    hotthickbutteredtoast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,692
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198081
    I grew up on the 80s TMNT cartoon and now i think it's pretty garbage. 2012 TMNT all the way, baby.

  18. #18
    She was a lot like you Atty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    ...maybe not quite as heavy
    Posts
    39,006
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    71550
    This needs Bale voicing Batman in full growl. Be so great yelling at Krang.

  19. #19
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    29,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    258106
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I grew up on the 80s TMNT cartoon and now i think it's pretty garbage. 2012 TMNT all the way, baby.
    Why does this not surprise me.....

  20. #20
    hotthickbutteredtoast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,692
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198081
    Sorry I'm not an "era snob" like you, boss.

  21. #21
    Wolfpac Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    29,750
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    258106
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Sorry I'm not an "era snob" like you, boss.
    lol.

  22. #22
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    11,562
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    85415
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Ninja Batman was nutty as hell but really fun, too. Loved the art/animation style.


    Yeah, i think it's silly as hell that all these people are shitting all over Rise just because it's trying new stuff and a fresh, different approach. The franchise has been around for 30-odd years, let them mix things up for once. It doesn't erase the past. But literally every FB post their page makes about it has mad reactions and comments from people who need to post their hate. just don't watch it, you dopes. Also, TTG! is wonderful.

    I've got all the 2012 show no DVD but never got to finish it. Bought the final one (with the cool post-apocalyptic stuff, the monsters, and the Usagi Yojimbo crossover) but never watched it as our DVD palyer crapped out and we never got a new one hooked up. Really need to get around to seeing it, though, because I fucking love Usagi and Frankenstein and the one has RAPH WITH A BEARD.
    For me, I just really don't like the art style and character design. That's the only thing I don't like about it. Because of that, I have desire to watch it, but it could be a great show for all I know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •